English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

ec106-sports.jpg

Brighton snapped up England striker Bent

Wednesday, 19 August 2009

darrenbent.jpg

Darren Bent in action for Charlton

Brighton and Hove Albion have snapped up England international Darren Bent on a season-long loan from Charlton. The 25-year-old has failed to hold a regular place in the first team for the Addicks. Bent signed for Charlton from Sao Paulo, but struggled to force his way into the side. Although Charlton sold Roman Pavlyuchenko to Manchester City this summer, Bent has remained surplus to requirements. Bent made only six appearances last term but failed to net a single goal for the club. Bent previously had a successful spell with the Addicks in Season 1 to Season 4, scoring 17 goals in 59 games. But had failed to repeat that on his second spell with Charlton.

61_1202841277.gif

30jhac2.jpg

Justice Delighted at Preston Assistant Job

Today James Burrow Announced that Nick Justice was too be his new Assistant manager, Justice had this to say " I Will learn alot working for James, he is a very good manager and has made this Team into a Class Side!, And it will progress me as an Assistant manager!, I cannot wait to sit along sid ehim at tongihts gaem with Crystal Palace FC, I think we will make a great Pair!"

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

OXFORD UTD PREPARE FOR THE FUTURE

Oxford Utd manager David Belkevitz has now added 23 players onto the books in the close season. He spoke to an SM reporter this morning ahead of today's visit of Queens Park Rangers, " With only 21 players to work with, my hands were tied, I had to bring in new blood to the team and as money was at a premium, I had to opt for youth. I had my scouts on double time during the close season and they have done well. Although Third Division survival is the goal for this season, I have to look at the bigger picture for the future of this club and what we want to achieve. I'm too old in the head to have illusions of challenging the top teams in EC106 at the moment, but you have to think big in order to try and achieve your aspirations. My goal, like all the other manager's in the lower Divisions is to bring First Division football to Kassam Park. There is a youth tournament which has been set up and I asked for Oxford Utd to be included in this venture as I feel strongly that this will be something that will bring experience to the younger players and will be a great indicator for myself to see how my youth programme is progressing. The backroom staff are all excited by the turn of events here at Oxford Utd and there is a much more positive attitude here at the club. We have a tough match today against a strong QPR side and this is what I am now focussing on."

As the press reporters left the stadium they all agreed that there seems to be a new dawn awakening at this provincial little club about forty odd miles north west of London.

ec106-sports.jpg

Charlton boss out to silence critics against Birmingham

Wednesday, 19 August 2009

Dean Bryant claims it is "too early to judge" whether Charlton have the quality to win the promotion to Division 1 this season - and he would love to silence his team's critics on Wednesday's night. The Charlton manager saw his team draw with Middlesbrough on Saturday, in their Season 9 opener. Charlton face Birmingham at The Valley and the visitors are one of the promotion favourites who frustrated the Addicks at home last season. The Blues took a point, and repeated the act at the St Andrews later in the campaign. After the results, Charlton started to lose their top spot and eventually failed to gain a promotion. Dean, who may have a full squad for match selection, said: "I have been surprised by the reaction from the first game, and comments about our prospects for the season. It is too early to judge.

"We are disappointed with the result and we did not play well in the first half. But you must consider the problems we have had in the last few games last term. I was trying to protect the team with the system we used to stay compact."

Darren Bent will not be able to join the team after his loan move to Brighton and Hove Albion have completed early today. Dean also said he would not approve any further sales of Charlton players as his team struggles to cope with the growing competitiveness of the league. The Valley chief has dismissed speculation attacking midfielder Javier Pastore and striker Radamel Falcao could be leaving, with Darlington and Manchester United, respectively, showing interest.

Dean said: "Nobody will be sold because we need all our players. We can't afford to lose anyone else. The English Championship is very difficult and we have to keep everyone we have at the moment."

61_1202841277.gif

30jhac2.jpg

Justice Delighted at Preston Assistant Job

Today James Burrow Announced that Nick Justice was too be his new Assistant manager' date=' Justice had this to say " I Will learn alot working for James, he is a very good manager and has made this Team into a Class Side!, And it will progress me as an Assistant manager!, I cannot wait to sit alongside him at tonights game with Crystal Palace FC, I think we will make a great Pair!"[/color']

I was always told never to sit on a football, makes it turn into a rugby ball.

Guest 1CapWonder

Stop pretending your a mod mate ur nuffin special ;)

Coming from the guy who doesn't know how a waiting list works....

Even if it is explained to him in the post he replied to....

Hmm :rolleyes:

P.S - Nuffin = Nothing

Simple English :) Wooopss... Sorry for trying to be a Mod again... it's just my lifelong dream :o

The Blackburn boss has hit out at 'Pool boss Tom Field after the former criticised him of scuppering a deal for Lassana Diarra. "To say we held out for a better deal for Diarra is utter nonsense. We actually considered the deal offered by Liverpool as a very good one and wanted some time to see if we could replace in case we were selling him. I certainly wouldn't want to lose him and then find out I cannot get a replacement. If he expects such a big deal to take place at a canter without us thinking about it's repercussions then he is extremely deluded. And to say we are disappointed that Liverpool did not sign Diarra is a ludicrous statement to make. Why would we want to sell someone who's very much in reckoning for a starting place And lastly I would remind him Blackburn are NOT a selling club. At the moment we are financially much more stable than Liverpool and would be in a position to break the bank in case of an injury crisis. Liverpool I don't think are in a position to do so. The Pressure has clearly gotten to him. And I for one don't believe Liverpool will go up."

Guest 1CapWonder

Preston Rift Already??

Rochdale boss Sutcliffe hit out at James Burrows' decision to sack Assistant Manager Rob Kelly and hire Nick Justice in his place. He also sent sparks flying within the Press by claiming the two were already on un-even terms and have different idea's in every sense.

5694_216532185022_537140022_7829077_7020526_n.jpg

Sutcliffe again, sparked controversy among his fellow Managers

From what I can see the two are already complaining. Publicly complaining about whether or not to sit on a football!!! How will they fair when it comes to tactics and transfers? This is a bold news by Burrow's, who I previously respected as a cunning, and clever manager. I feel this appointment could be fatal to the football club. I think here at Rochdale we have already shown the advantages of having an Assistant Manager who works more with the players and less with the press. Having 2 outspoken, completely different personality's trying to lead Preston, can only be a bad thing and I think it is an act of weakness on their part. Whether the board think Burrows is not up to the job, or whether they are moulding Justice as a long term replacement, who knows? But I don't this can end happily, and I'm not afraid to say this to the EC106 Media.

Sutcliffe has been known before to hit out on other managers. Only the other day did he slate Paul Holt for his attack on Simon Jordan, followed today by a scathing report on his opponent tonight, King Kolo. This time however, he might not get away so lightly, with both Burrows and Justice unlikely to accept such a statement.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

I was always told never to sit on a football' date=' makes it turn into a rugby ball.[/quote']

If she needs a place to sit, she could always use my face, I don't mind.....honest :D:cool::eek:

Guest 1CapWonder

If she needs a place to sit' date=' she could always use my face, I don't mind.....honest :D:cool::eek:[/quote']

HAHAHAHA! That made me chuckle :D

Alright lads, Last week bt cut our internet (swithcing providers) and until we recieve a ''final bill'' we cannot have any internet, so im using the local libeary one today. Its a pain in the backside but I cant do anything :(

Sorry for boring you but I dont want you lot thinking im not interested anymore. :)

Guest 1CapWonder

Alright lads' date=' Last week bt cut our internet (swithcing providers) and until we recieve a ''final bill'' we cannot have any internet, so im using the local libeary one today. Its a pain in the backside but I cant do anything :(

Sorry for boring you but I dont want you lot thinking im not interested anymore. :)[/quote']

Are you still ok for the Youth Torni??

Post your teams tomorrow or at the latest before Sunday.

Draw is on Monday.

First games will be in a week or 2.

The Blackburn boss has hit out at 'Pool boss Tom Field after the former criticised him of scuppering a deal for Lassana Diarra. "To say we held out for a better deal for Diarra is utter nonsense. We actually considered the deal offered by Liverpool as a very good one and wanted some time to see if we could replace in case we were selling him. I certainly wouldn't want to lose him and then find out I cannot get a replacement. If he expects such a big deal to take place at a canter without us thinking about it's repercussions then he is extremely deluded. And to say we are disappointed that Liverpool did not sign Diarra is a ludicrous statement to make. Why would we want to sell someone who's very much in reckoning for a starting place And lastly I would remind him Blackburn are NOT a selling club. At the moment we are financially much more stable than Liverpool and would be in a position to break the bank in case of an injury crisis. Liverpool I don't think are in a position to do so. The Pressure has clearly gotten to him. And I for one don't believe Liverpool will go up."

Liverpool Boss calls REDDEVIL Arrogant!

The Liverpool boss has made a stinging attack on REDDEVIL' date=' the Blackburn manager by saying that he is "arrogant" and "getting carried away with winning the title". Tom also sayed that "he (REDDEVIL) believes he is the best around and although i admit that he does deserve credit for fighting off stronger opposition to win Blackburn the title expectantly i do think that its go to him and now he is lashing out at other managers who didnt do aswell as him. There are plenty of experienced managers out there including Paul Holt, Dave Izod, James Burrows and off course the legend Michael Flounders."

Tom Field did add that he may be targeting Lass Diarra soon though and that REDDEVIL may want to look at replacements so he doesnt delay the transfer process again.[/font']

Liverpool Boss calls REDDEVIL Arrogant!

The Liverpool boss has made a stinging attack on REDDEVIL' date=' the Blackburn manager by saying that he is "arrogant" and "getting carried away with winning the title". Tom also sayed that "he (REDDEVIL) believes he is the best around and although i admit that he does deserve credit for fighting off stronger opposition to win Blackburn the title expectantly i do think that its go to him and now he is lashing out at other managers who didnt do aswell as him. There are plenty of experienced managers out there including Paul Holt, Dave Izod, James Burrows and off course the legend Michael Flounders."

Tom Field did add that he may be targeting Lass Diarra soon though and that REDDEVIL may want to look at replacements so he doesnt delay the transfer process again.[/font']

I wouldn't Sell em a Virus

Blackburn manager Akash labeled Liverpool manager Tom Field a joke and claimed he wouldn't sell him a virus. "If he thinks he can sign Lassana Diarra after he pulls of a stunt like this then hes in dreamland. On second thoughts I might sell him Diarra in exchange for Essien. And it's quite clear to everyone with a brain that Tom is feeling the strains of managing such a big club. He had enough games in which to keep them up but his inept approach relegated Liverpool. In fact I'm surprised hes still in the job. Obviously the Liverpool owners see something in him that none of us do. His poor transfer policy has left them with no depth and I can see Liverpool finishing comfortably in midtable."

Preston Rift Already??

Rochdale boss Elliot Sutcliffe hit out at James Burrows' decision to sack Assistant Manager Rob Kelly and hire Nick Justice in his place. He also sent sparks flying within the Press by claiming the two were already on un-even terms and have different idea's in every sense.

5694_216532185022_537140022_7829077_7020526_n.jpg

Sutcliffe again' date=' sparked controversy among his fellow Managers[/i']

Sutcliffe has been known before to hit out on other managers. Only the other day did he slate Paul Holt for his attack on Simon Jordan, followed today by a scathing report on his opponent tonight, King Kolo. This time however, he might not get away so lightly, with both Burrows and Justice unlikely to accept such a statement.

That made me really laugh :D Cant rep you because I need to spread it around.

In fact, me and Nick are working together really well. Nick has recommended some players to me, and has managed to overcome the bias of having loads of West Ham players in the squad.

Guest King Kolo

I'm making animated interviews now lads so if you want one tell me and we can do it :)

Would prefer to do it over MSN :)