English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

I meant like it will be hard to get up at that time :P' date=' sorry shouldv'e worded it different.[/quote']

Oh, ha, no worries mate.

Thanks for all the help :)

Now that Romano has quit Southend, i should be in the setup soon :D

Not totally sure Dermo' date='i'll have a look back on thread later to see if i can confirm it a bit more accuratly but last season i was getting crounds well in excess of 14000 per game :( who about you?[/quote']

My first game has seen me get 16,913 after I got 17,800ish last season. So not a huge drop for me so far it seems. I can still manage, but I thought I would get 12-14k, from what Huddersfield tend to get. Look at other teams in the league. You will see what I mean when I say there has been some big drops.

These attendance changes will have affected a lot of people badly I feel. This is one of the few things which I am really angry about as it takes away from the game a bit. Game is the underlined word, as realism for the smaller teams might kill them. I will be waiting to see how the finances of some managers fare.

These attendance changes will have affected a lot of people badly I feel. This is one of the few things which I am really angry about as it takes away from the game a bit. Game is the underlined word' date=' as realism for the smaller teams might kill them. I will be waiting to see how the finances of some managers fare.[/quote']

Just had a look back at a few MRs from last season - against Leeds 17000-Man c 18000 - Leicester 18000 - so going on tonights showing i have lost about 10000 per game so far OR 127,000 Pounds in revenue..:eek:

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

OXFORD UTD 2-1 QPR

Oxford Utd entertained QPR here today at the Kassam Stadium on their home return to the Third Division, and they didn't disappoint their fans with an awesome display against a stronger QPR side. On their opening two matches of the new season, a league fixture and a friendly against Crewe Alexandra, they gave up an early goal in both games but today it was Oxford Utd's turn to hit the net early with a superb strike from Reinaldo in the 7th minute to set the home team on their way to victory. 1-0

Darel Russell was once again instrumental in the heart of the Oxford Utd midfield and orchestrated the game from the outset with a display of sheer genius which resulted in him being named man of the match.

Tomasz Hajto marshalled the home defence effectively but once again his wild side came through and he was booked in the 28th minute for dangerous play.

Both teams probed for an opening but just as the first half was winding down, Nicolas Lodeiro went close for Oxford Utd with a header in the 40th minute, before Santos Weldon side stepped his marker to curve a beautiful shot from all of 25 yards into the QPR net in the 42nd minute to put Oxford Utd 2-0 up at half time. HT 2-0.

Reinaldo picked up the second yellow card of the match for violent conduct just after the break and Oxford Utd manager David Belkevitz wisely substituted the striker for Gary Glen in the 60th minute, along with man of the match Darel Russell, no doubt to protect his star midfielder, Matthew Spring was the replacement. Andy Reid struck in the 63rd minute as Oxford Utd tried to re adjust their formation after the double substitution, much to the delight of the travelling fans. 2-1.

Oxford Utd were not about to capitulate and pushed forward in an attempt to put the game out of reach for the visitors. Full back Edgar and Weldon both going close. Oxford Utd looked comfortable at the back and looked the more likely team to score as they ran out 2-1 winners in a hard fought match. FT 2-1.

The Oxford Utd manager was on hand to talk with an SM reporter after the match saying, " This was a great result today for us. We knew QPR had a strong squad and used a mixture of caution and power to try and un-nerve them, and I think we succeeded in breaking up the play and not allowing them a foothold in the game. Really pleased with the whole team performance, especially Weldon and Reinaldo up front, both getting on the scoresheet and special praise to Darel Russell who was outstanding today."

Match Preview

Friendly

Middlesbrough v Liverpool

Middlesbrough go into tommorows friendly after a heavy 4-1 defeat to Stoke with the Boro manager exspected to change his tactics for this game as well as his squad with his youth team being given the chance.

Kevin Trapp starts in goal for Middlesbrough while at the back Marcelo Cardozo,Gia Grigalava and Emir Faccioli will be known by the Boro fans however on the right there will be a first ever start for you Gotoku Sakai,

Luis Tinga,Andrai Khachaturyan and Besart Abdurahimi make up the midfield while tallented young forward Aleksandr Stavpets makes a start alongside young spanish striker Candala Alvaro Jimenez and Alexandru Dedov

On the bench for Middlesbrough are the recently recoved Marcelo Bordon,Cristian Zaccardo,Pablo Ledesma,Stewart Downing and Markus Rosenberg

Might be Saturday mate as it was quit so late' date=' keep an eye out though, I feel if they were to go free they will before then.[/quote']
Not 100% sure, but im sure its 2 days. Unless the manager declines quickly right? (not sure mate :o)

Cheers lads.

Looks like i quit my Mallorca side two days early :o

Ah well, looking forward to dominating the setup with my almighty team! :P:D

Shorpe United 5 : 1 Peterborough United

Match Report

b_87.png

Match Commentary

The match got of to a roaring start with Shorpe hitting the post twice within the first 8 minutes and this pressure was soon rewarded with a headed goal by Quagliarella. More goals were soon to follow with goals for Cicero and loanee Villaluz in what was rapidly turning into a rout.

Into the 2nd half and a goalkeeper error gifted an easy chance converted by Cicero before Shorpe got their fifth with another header from 'Quag'. Peterborough did finally notch a consolation goal to keep some pride.

Scorers

Shorpe United: 5

Quagliarella 9, 74

Cicero 39, 47

Villaluz 42

Peterborough United: 1

Javi Martinez 75

534056304_431fdd255b_m.jpg

Quagliarella

Comment

Crawford was delighted after the match and hopeful the result would send out a statement to other teams in the division.

"It was another fine attacking display, and I think currently we have one of the best offences in the division. We would have liked to keep a clean sheet today, but players like Javi Martinez are always dangerous."

He went on to thank Peterborough for a well fought game.

Div 4 Roundup

In another one sided game Luton beat an unfortunate Northampton 6-1. Well done Elliot on proving my prediction wrong with Rochdale's 3-1 win over King Kolo's Bristol, which sees Rochdale joint top (well 2nd on alphabetical order!)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

FRIENDLY MATCH

OXFORD UTD V MILLWALL

Oxford Utd take on Second Division Millwall at the Kassam stadium tomorrow in a friendly match. Oxford Utd will once again have an opportunity to look at some new signings that manager David Belkevitz brought in over the close season.

"This is good experience for both the players and myself, I can get the chance to try out things, see what works and what doesn't with no real damage," he said after today's match against QPR. "It will be interesting to see how the lads cope against Second Division opposition."