English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

New Manager Faces Tough Introduction

125px-rochdale_badge.png

Just days before Bournemouth were penciled in to play Rochdale in a Division 4 League Match' date=' manager Luke Potter decided enough was enough, and ran from his post before he came up against a free-scoring Dale side. Rochdale hit another 4 goals Away from Home on Saturday, against Daniel Dragovics' Colchester City.[/b']

Colchester 4 - 4 Rochdale

Rochdale gave away a 3-1 Half Time lead to eventually draw 4-4 in a game that provided 8 goals, 4 in each half. MOM Orlando Sa opened the scoring inside just 3 minute's, after an error at the back provided him with a one-on-one with Brad Friedel, who he rounded before finishing neatly. Rickie Lambert started as he left off last week, with some magical footwork in the first 10 minute's, but whilst Dale started well up front, their defence looked shaky, and stand in 73 Rated Right Back Scott Wiseman, put in a rash challenge and was booked early on. Dale continued to look threatening though, and Dave Kitson gave them the equaliser on 10 minute's, with a trademark far post header.

00010dc110dr.jpg203_lambert_203x152.jpg

Kitson and Lambert caused havoc, both getting on the scoresheet

Dale now began to raise their game, the front 2 magnificent again. This time, it was Rickie Lambert's turn to haunt Colchester's anonymous defence by strolling through to comfortably slot home. 2 minute's later, and just a minute from half time, Dave Kitson looked to have tied it all up, as a poor clearance fell to his feet, from which he smashed home to take Dale to a 3-1 Half Time lead.

pic.php?uid=AAAAAQAQy_-kp9ZzjggH0mShUU38CwAAAApyP-NtgTb00TuEAGPm3hTF

Colchester Boss Dragovic had a lonely walk back to the dressing room

Considering Rochdale's lightening form early this season, it was unlikely any punter in the world had a half time flutter to bet on anything other but a Dale win. However, it is perhaps this incentive, that Dragovic used to motivate his hapless First-Halfers, into a completely different team after the break. 10 Minutes into the 2nd half and Colchester were level, thanks to a magnificent finish by Orlando Sa, followed quickly by a beautiful strike from Frederic Nimani. Rochdale were stunned and were pegged back from then on in. Brad Friedel pulled off a couple of stunning saves, but desperate defending couldn't prevent Sa from finishing 15 minute's from the end, inside the Dale box.

OrlandoSa_2104320.jpg

Orlando Sa finished beautifully for his hat-trick

The game seemed over. Rochdale heads were down, fans were leaving, Colchester were making all the noise, both in the stands and on the pitch. However, one voice remained louder than anyone else's in the ground, and that was the voice of Dale boss Elliot Sutcliffe. He encouraged his team to throw bodies forward, and recover a point from what should have been three. Incredibly, they did. Chris Armstrong, the Rochdale Left Back, got forward under Sutcliffe's command, to see the ball fall to him inside the box, from which he poked home the equaliser. The coolest man in the ground was then Sutcliffe. No celebration, he called Ashley Williams over to make sure they were tight for the final 10 minute's. And tight they were. Colchester deflated, Dale could have even won it at the death, but Boyd's header was straight at the keeper.

A mixed reaction from Sutcliffe, as he gave a quick interview outside the ground:

One of Sutcliffe's first moves to sure up that leaky defence, was to bring in England U21 International Michael Mancienne on loan. This is the first loan signing Elliot Sutcliffe intends to use in his first team squad, but it seems more than a useful addition.

Mancienne Signs

Michael_Mancienne_723774a.jpg

Mancienne's versatility, will be priceless for Sutcliffe

Sutcliffe Said:

Potter Pooed It

Following claims that Luke Potter "pooed his pants" before preparing to face Rochdale, Sutcliffe just laughed, declining to comment. Luke Potter has had a bad start to the season, and was due to take his team to Bournemouth this Wednesday. However, his sudden departure was put down by some newspapers, to Rochdale's good early form, and Potter's reluctance to be humiliated again. The new manager will certainly have to prepare well if he is to be ready in time to face Rochdale, fresh from not having a Cup Tie this Monday night.

quality report mate. It was some game and lucky for me i got something out of it. Quality write up

HOLT PLACES HIGH EARNERS ON TRANSFER LIST

Holt has confirmed that two of the clubs highest earners have been placed on the transfer list.

Turkish international winger Gokdeniz Karadeniz (90) has been put on the list for £11m

0,,1~3292150,00.jpg

Brazil International Julio Baptista (91) also goes on the list for £15m

Julio_Baptista_v_Ireland_Croke_Park_634962.jpg

Both players earn around £56k a week, and although selling both players would severely dent the clubs chance of promotion, Holt believes saving money and putting his faith in his world famous youth academy is the way forward for a couple of seasons.

4849318_bigthumb.png

Dragovic still confident

Dragovic came out in front of the media and today claimed that his side still has hope of promotion although they are already 8 points from top. It hasnt been the best start for Dragovic, in three games, losing two and drawing one but he still has faith in his new young team which are hoping to win there first game under Dragovic agaunst 2nd place side Rotherham United. With both of Drgovic's stirckers scoring last week, Nimani with one and Orlando Sa with three he is confident that his team will get a result if not a win.

Michael Flounders 755 2.13 354 Darlington

Andrew Foster 653 1.98 329 Cheltenham Town

James Burrow 548 1.92 285 Preston North End

Dave Manging 377 2.09 180 Sheffield United

Stephen McLurgh 293 2.02 145 Portsmouth

Dave Hulse-Smith 275 1.86 148 Everton

ryan brown 240 1.80 133 Chelsea

Paul Holt 237 1.91 124 Crystal Palace

Reddevil Fc 221 2.38 93 Blackburn Rovers

vlatko kartov 201 1.76 114 Arsenal

You got to respect the top 3 who have stuck with their clubs for such a long time :rolleyes:

My own theory and one I hope to put in place is that the smaller clubs wll only succeed if they can find and bring on talent keeping the wage bill low.

To not make a loss my wage bill should not long term be above 200k. This means long term I can probably have

2 x 20k wage players = 40k

9 or 10 11k players = 110k

4 or 5 7k subs ( all risers) = 35k

Total = 185k and a small squad of

5 - 10 3k or below (all risers Youth players ). This means I will as most smaller clubs do have to sell on my top players when their contract is up or for the right price before that.

The AI will make massive squads like my Peterborough in EC1 impossible to maintain. So while my Wycombe team here will suffer a bit of a bulge it will soon be cut down once my first set of risers come through once their TB is lifted.

I'm of the opinion you have to look at it player by player. If the player is going to rise enough, still buy him even if it means losing money weekly, as long as he covers his wages in value rise you will still be in more profit at the end. It does mean you may need to sell occasionally.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

FRIENDLY MATCH

GRIMSBY TOWN 2-0 OXFORD UTD

Oxford Utd manager David Belkevitz was pleased with the way his young players adapted themselves although they went down 2-0 to Grimsby Town. A goal in each half from Ezquerro (20) and Batlles (84) gave Grimsby Town the win but the Oxford Utd coach was happy with his teams performance, he spoke after the match, " I played ten youngsters to see what they could do and I was more than happy with their performance. They matched Grimsby Town all the way but failed to convert our chances, but on the whole it was a good exercise for both myself and the players. Grimsby Town have a few big name players in their ranks, Van Der Saar, Saha and Codrea to name a few and we matched them all the way. We created more chances and young Reszli and Semplico, both had good games up front and I can see them gelling together more as they play, unfortunately they didn't find the net but they have tremendous potential for the future. We have another tough match coming up away from home against Brighton so I will be concentrating on this match fully."

The Oxford Utd manager went on to say that having looked at the Third Division teams over the past few days while on holiday, he knows that his team have their work cut out to survive in the league but he has every confidence in his players to do well, saying that anything around mid table is his goal, anything higher will be a big bonus.

Shorpe United Transfer News

Eren Derdiyok

Shorpe United are happy to announce the signing of young striker Eren Derdiyok from Gimnasia la Plata. Crawford stated he was pleased to sign a player of such young age and long term potential.

In the fictional world of real life Derdiyok has signed this season for Bayer Leverkusen and is partnering Keissling while Helmes is sidelined for 6 months. He has already made an impact scoring 4 goals, and hopefully will still provide stiff competiton for a starting place when Helmes eventually returns.

He has formerly been at Preston North End in EC106.

Quick Facts

Real Club: Bayer Leverkusen

Rating: 86

International Caps: 8

Position: CF

P18-080617-07.jpg

Preston boss off to Crewe?

Preston fans were shocked when The Lancashire Evening Post reported that Preston manager James Burrow was going to Crewe Alexandra tonight, but Burrow has corrected the paper, saying that he is only going there to scout his next opponents Birmingham.

Preston have had an avearge start to the season, with one win, three draws and one loss so far. Burrow puts this down to key injuries to Phil Jagielka, Yossi Benayoun, Fabio Aurelio and Marko Marin, however the latter will be back in training before the end of the week.

The Preston boss also paid a fitting tribute to ex-Coventry manager Sean Taylor, who has retired from the helm after 180 games in charge of the club, finishing second in Division Two in Season Four (Preston finished Third)

"Sean was a great manager, who was able to build a squad on a shoestring budget. He joined shortly after me. He will be missed at Coventry."

Fore-runners for the job include SoP and Sky Blue Lee.

Eren Derdiyok

Shorpe United are happy to announce the signing of young striker Eren Derdiyok from Gimnasia la Plata. Crawford stated he was pleased to sign a player of such young age and long term potential.

In the fictional world of real life Derdiyok has signed this season for Bayer Leverkusen and is partnering Keissling while Helmes is sidelined for 6 months. He has already made an impact scoring 4 goals' date=' and hopefully will still provide stiff competiton for a starting place when Helmes eventually returns.

[/color']

Quick Facts

Real Club: Bayer Leverkusen

Rating: 86

International Caps: 8

Position: CF

P18-080617-07.jpg

If you can get him scoring then he should be a success. He was one of many who just couldnt score. I played him in cups and he didnt score, and got 1 in 5 in the league, which probably isnt bad for an 86 but back then he was a regular sub, so he needed to score more.

Guest drseanfitz

17 year old Steven Caulker has been picked up as a free agent for a meagre £10k signing on fee. Although relatively new to EC106' date=' in the fictional world known as Reality Steven recently signed a pro contract with Tottenham Hotspur, and is currently getting plenty of playing time on loan at Yeovil. The club hope he is going to be a huge star in the future.

Eren Derdiyok

In the fictional world of real life Derdiyok has signed this season for Bayer Leverkusen and is partnering Keissling while Helmes is sidelined for 6 months. He has already made an impact scoring 4 goals' date=' and hopefully will still provide stiff competiton for a starting place when Helmes eventually returns.

[/color']

At least I can tell someone has read my post

"I'm of the opinion you have to look at it player by player. If the player is going to rise enough, still buy him even if it means losing money weekly, as long as he covers his wages in value rise you will still be in more profit at the end. It does mean you may need to sell occasionally"

Agree absolutely there will always be the exception. In addition eventually, I would hope, for example to have the odd 90' rated player on 11k. However eventually I would have to sell. The idea would be to eventually have enough money to hang on to higher rated players. But the risks are now / soon will be.

a) He will ask to leave before he gets you enough value. For example you buy a 79 hoping they make 85+ but can't play them as they aren't good enough , they ask to leave before being good enough to make squad.

B) Your transfer budget is wiped at the end of the season ( do we know this yet ? )

c) It will still be profitable to sell the best player in each of the 4 key positions to increase the value of other players.

d) Increases aren't what they use to be! and some players may take 2 years = 6 game seasons to reach their full potential.

However essentially it must be player by player ,some will always be cheap money spinners, others long term prospect ,others gap fillers and some long term prospects

Guest drseanfitz

I got 2 cup bies?

Not good especially since im desperate for home games!

If you get away second round ties at Arsenal and Man United it will all be worth it.:)

I got 2 cup bies?

Not good especially since im desperate for home games!

Cant believe you're complaining that you have less fixtures. I was delighted that I got two byes, because I have had byes for the past few seasons but last year did really bad in the cups.

Guest drseanfitz

New Crewe signing Franco Douglas today joined Grimsby on a season long loan.

At 86 he is the highest rated player currently out on loan from Crewe, and his £20,750 wages mean the club are currently saving £109,500 a turn on loaned out players.

There was some good news ahead of tonights cup game as forward Eljero Elia and midfielder Danny Murphy have managed to regain full fitness and may start in tonights cup game against Birmingham.

I'm no Notts County James! dont worry. Dont want to say how much I have left. Although theres still enough for noble I hope? Btw' date=' what is the minimum you'd accept for Noble? If its a fair price I will withdraw my bid for another CM, Who if I bought would rule out a move for noble.[/quote']

It would take a lot for me to consider it, as I couldnt get a replacement in for the cash you are offering, and I cant do a part-ex as your only other senior CM is Muamba, who Im sure you wouldnt sell and Im not interested in buying.

Not posted in this thread for a while but been keeping an eye out for teams coming availible so I can get them on my GM, as said Coventry are on job offer and I also noticed that the West Ham manager MAKE BELIEVE hasn't logged in for 27days but somehow they are top of Division 1, lol.

yE1670jY.jpg

Sports Editors comment

We won't say we told you so, but ..........

Theres little pleasure in saying it, but with todays shock announcement that Crystal Palace football club is teetering on the edge of Bankruptcy ,the senior management team of Holt and Jordon cannot say they were not warned. The alarm bells have been ringing at Selhurst Park since the middle of last season, when as the footballing world braced itself for the impact of the wider financial crises, both men continued to embark on a world wide shopping spree, that saw in access of 45 million pounds spent on new talent. Incredibly, the spendlesome duo have continued their wasteful ways this campaign bringing in a total of 19 new players at a cost of over 36 million pounds. Now with a bulging squad of over 65 players, and a wage bill in access of 800,000 pounds per week, it seems the coffers have finally run dry. Falling attendances and a lack of season ticket sales (caused in part by Palaces in different start to the campaign) has resulted in the club loosing a reported 300,000 pounds per week , Conservative estimates are that if this shortfall was to continue all season long the Eagles would be left with a mind blowing debt of over 20 million pounds come Christmas. Many in the footballing world will shrug their shoulders at such news , but here at the South London Press we choose to focus on the human cost of Holt and Jordon's ill informed fiscal polices. Aside from the concerned supporters of the club, we refer of course to the many young players who have turned their backs on smaller clubs, to chase an unachievable Palace dream. What now for these young men ?, other than an uncertain future as they face being cast aside into the footballing wilderness as the desperate duo frantically look to regroup the clubs loses. And what creditability is left in the so called world famous ''Paul Holt youth academy" now shamefully exposed as little more than a theater of broken dreams.

Contrast this sorry tale, with the Eagles nearest neighbors Millwall. Barely 8 miles away in London's docklands, the Lions are millions of light years away, in the way the club is run and financed. Superbly governed by its American Chairman John Berylson, the smallest of South London's three clubs sit in the enviable position of money in the bank, whilst generating a small but consistent monthly profit. Boasting the huge summer signing of Ed Graphite, manager Dave Izod continues to slowly build a talented and committed squad of first teamers, whilst nurturing one of the finest crops of young talent in the game. Contrast if you will, the disgraceful public auction of Palace youngsters to that of the recently departed products of the Millwall youth team. Each personally and fully consulted by Izod before they progress in their soccer careers, to some of the finest managers and clubs in the league, we wonder if their Palace counterparts will be so lucky?, SADLY WE HERE AT THE SOUTH LONDON PRESS FEAR THEY WILL NOT....

Guest 1CapWonder

Nice one Dave :) You get that link I sent you? Any good?

And also, I fear Mr Keane/Mr Chelsea is indeed back with Bournemouth :(

We will wait and see...

41_1243862356.jpg

Leicester City boss on his way out?

0,,10274~223531,00.jpg

(Headlines are tonight surrounding Leicester City and their future of their current manager Jake A.)

News is tonight surrounding Leicester City as rumours have been coming out of the club that Englishmen Jake A is due to leave the Walkers Stadium for no reason named. Other sources have said that Jake is looking for a job elsewhere in England as Leicester are just not the team he can see anything happening with. The Leicester City chairman has come out and said this is utter rubbish and the press need to go elsewhere as Jake is not moving from he's seat at Leicester. So with Leicester City ruling out any move for manager Jake A they will be preparing for their game against Yeovil Town on Wednesday.