English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

HOLT UNHAPPY WITH FITZPATRICK

Holt today told us of his discust towards Crewe manager Sean Fitzpatrick regarding him going for the same youth players as he is. Holt, who is always looking for fresh talent for his "world famous youth academy", seems to always have Sean as a rival for such players, and as soon as he(Holt) has pointed out his next player to be rewarded with that chance, Sean is always there.

"Myself and Sean have always shared a good relationship as far as managers are concerned, but there comes a point when somebody like myself has to wake up and smell the coffee. Sean is always trying to get the better of me, I single out a player and he goes for it. Fair is fair, he already has alot of the players whom my club wanted, but if he continues on trying to sign this pkayer, then I will take the appropraiate action. Mark my words as our relationship is being stretched to the limits at the moment".

Quit Leicester' date=' can someone please try and let me know if you have them on offer possibly through msn? [email']jake_a_95@hotmail.co.uk[/email] :)

Aff u shouldnt of quit... jus coz man utd didnt go on job offer doesnt mean every team doesnt :( i do hope u get them back m8.

Also will do a full report later on bristol

Guest drseanfitz

HOLT UNHAPPY WITH FITZPATRICK

Holt today told us of his discust towards Crewe manager Sean Fitzpatrick regarding him going for the same youth players as he is. Holt' date=' who is always looking for fresh talent for his "world famous youth academy", seems to always have Sean as a rival for such players, and as soon as he(Holt) has pointed out his next player to be rewarded with that chance, Sean is always there. [/color']

Figured out who I bid on then??

Aff u shouldnt of quit... jus coz man utd didnt go on job offer doesnt mean every team doesnt :( i do hope u get them back m8.

Also will do a full report later on bristol

I was abandoning my Leicester City though mate due to it being on my standard account. I may get up at 5am for the Port Vale if they don't go soon. I'm sure I will get back in this setup :P, I feel confident. :D

Figured out who I bid on then??

Just got in from work and what do i see? I see a "tapping" up claim in the papers in the morning lol. So are Crewe going to offer his family £150,000 over three years too?

May the best Man win :P

Guest drseanfitz

Fitzpatrick tells Mr Holt to act his age.

Following todays outburst by once respected manager Mr Holt, Crewe manager Sean Fitzpatrick spoke out on local radio tonight:

I appear to have missed a rule change somewhere, as far as I knew if a player is available then anyone can bid on him, I wasn't aware that if Mr Holt took a fancy to him then no-one else was allowed to bid.

Whats makes his comments even more laughable is that it was only a week ago when he jumped in and outbid a bunch of managers who researched Ross Forbes, just because he seemed popular.

HOLT TELLS BLACKBURN TO STOP WASTING HIS TIME

Sunil_Chetri.jpg

After recieving 2 bids from Blackburn regarding their Indian International forward Sunil Chentri, Holt has accused Rovers of wasting his time over the propsed deal.

"After recieving the last bid of £350k for Chetri, I may have to decide to take Chetri of the transfer list. I hate clubs who waste our time, but this one is different. They are the current English Champions and are top of the league at the moment, and I feel Blackburn are trying to unsettle Chetri so they can get him on the cheap. I am prepared to give Blackburn one last chance and I will accept a bid of £950k or more and no less. Chetri is very highly rated here, but he's 24 and has so far been unable to settle therefore hindering his chances of progressing from his current level and i personally believe that a move to a bigger club would raise his moral. But Blackburn think they can get him on the cheap, something i can guarantee wont happen on my watch. Blackburn have 24 hours to decide".

Sean, do you really want Chetri? Big gamble. I bought him last season, and his rating never went up, even though he was voted by FIFA as one of the 10 up and coming stars in Asian football. He'll never get a work permit for the UK so i can never see him going up. Still worth a gamble?

Match Review

Friendly

Middlesbrough 0 v 2 Millwall

Middlesbrough fringe team outclassed

Middlesbrough's fringe players were outclassed by Millwall in tonights friendly with an inspired performance from Edinaldo Grafite with the veteren Brazilian looking more and more confident his first goal was a little lucky with his shot taking a deflection Middlesbrough were given a glimmer of hope just after the start of the second half when Fabien Lemoine was given a straight red card for a head butt Boro did threaten the Millwall goal with Stavpets testing veteren Mondragon however Millwall sat back and the eventual counter attack occured with Grafite meeting a cross perfectly to head home to give the visitors a 2-0 win

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

FRIENDLY MATCH

OXFORD UTD V BRISTOL CITY

Oxford Utd fielded a team of 70+ players apart from number one Goalkeeeper Junior Lauro against Bristol City's nearly all 85+ players in this friendly match and came away with a positive response despite going down by two goals to one.

After holding the visitors to a goallless first half, Sinama- Pongolle finally broke the deadlock in the 54th minute with a well taken goal. 0-1.

20 year old Lewis Montrose levelled the scores in the 65th minute with a hammer shot that nearly took the roof of the net off. 1-1.

Five minutes later Cesar took advantage of a defensive mix up to toe poke home the winner in an exciting match at the Kassam Stadium. FT 1-2

Oxford Utd coach David Belkevitz was full of praise for his youngsters saying, " To look at the gulf in talent out there, my lads were awesome and the future is certainly bright down here in Oxford. They had some class players out there tonight and we matched them in nearly every department and it took a mix up in the defence for them to get their winner. Young Lewis Montrose was outstanding and took his goal like a veteran instead of a 20 year old kid who I snapped up for 70,000 pounds. Gary Glen is knocking on the door for a first team place so things are looking good here. The youth tournament which has been put into place will be an invaluable insight for the youngsters and it will let me see more quickly who are the players that are going to challenge for first team places."

Sean' date=' do you really want Chetri? Big gamble. I bought him last season, and his rating never went up, even though he was voted by FIFA as one of the 10 up and coming stars in Asian football. He'll never get a work permit for the UK so i can never see him going up. Still worth a gamble?[/quote']

don't see any point in selling him unless it's to me. Hess gonna be in Europe sooner rather than later. rejected offers from the MLS as well. And not gonna pay a million for him:)

Match Preview

Division 2

2512A635-D21F-86C8-83C29B4BE89AED11.jpg v 201C274B-BFA9-85ED-9B7DA764E92B8CF9.jpg

Middlesbrough will be looking to get their 4th consecutive win of the season at the exspence of an inconsistent Preston Side who despite winning against Birmingham only overcame the midlands side 1-0 after there recent 9-0 defeat in the cup.

Middlesbrough are still without Marko Basa (Gashed arm - 6 days) Jose Maria Guti (Twisted ankle - 11 days) and Luis Nani (Pulled hamstring - 4 weeks) Middlesbrough make 15 changes to the side that lost on Thursday to Millwall in a friendly with only Gia Grigalava keeping his place in the first 16 only from the bench though there are recalls for Pasqual,Friedrich,Zaccardo and on loan signing Gonçalo Brandao gets his second start for Boro,

Baris Ozbek and Walter Acevedo continue their partnership in midfield after some good performances with Halil Altintop,Stewart Downing and Aleksandr Pavelenko while up front Dimitrios Salpigidis is prefered over the goal drought suffering Christian Benitez who is on the bench with fellow youngsters Gia Grigalava,Haris Seferovic and Andrei Khachaturyan also on the bench is Ferreira Wagner

Preston are currently suffering a mini injury crysis with defender Fabio Aurelio out for another 2 weeks long term crock Phil Jagielka is out for another 2 weeks with a hip injury and Yossi Benayoun out for another 5 days

FRIENDLY MATCH

OXFORD UTD V BRISTOL CITY

Oxford Utd fielded a team of 70+ players apart from number one Goalkeeeper Junior Lauro against Bristol City's nearly all 85+ players in this friendly match and came away with a positive response despite going down by two goals to one.

After holding the visitors to a goallless first half' date=' Sinama- Pongolle finally broke the deadlock in the 54th minute with a well taken goal. 0-1.[/size']

20 year old Lewis Montrose levelled the scores in the 65th minute with a hammer shot that nearly took the roof of the net off. 1-1.

Five minutes later Cesar took advantage of a defensive mix up to toe poke home the winner in an exciting match at the Kassam Stadium. FT 1-2

Oxford Utd coach David Belkevitz was full of praise for his youngsters saying, " To look at the gulf in talent out there, my lads were awesome and the future is certainly bright down here in Oxford. They had some class players out there tonight and we matched them in nearly every department and it took a mix up in the defence for them to get their winner. Young Lewis Montrose was outstanding and took his goal like a veteran instead of a 20 year old kid who I snapped up for 70,000 pounds. Gary Glen is knocking on the door for a first team place so things are looking good here. The youth tournament which has been put into place will be an invaluable insight for the youngsters and it will let me see more quickly who are the players that are going to challenge for first team places."

Sorry about that only took them on last night and didnt realise i had a friendly. I hope who ever took Man Utd will look after them also.

No doubt you would Mr Holt' date=' i can only imagine the headlines when i refused to give him back :D[/color']

Im not sure Feghouli would have forgiven me for sending him to such a small club on loan. Feghouli is way to big for Millwall ;)

:eek::eek::eek:

hhmm, tonight im going to buy a Gold membership. Which league do i join? i want one where i enjoy the same laughs as i do here as my other two leagues are rather boring.

N e ways if u can, pm me, as i wont be back on till 8-9pm. Cheers Gents.