English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Guest 1CapWonder

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Lambert Loving Life At Dale

lambertrickie.jpg

Rickie Lambert today proclaimed his manager as the best he has worked under at Rochdale, and admits that his form this season has been down to confidence, installed in him by Sutcliffe. The Striker has now netted 8 goals in just 6 League games, equaling his best every tally in EC106 since he played 23 games in Season 1. Lambert explained his good form to the press, after scoring the winner in yet another Rochdale victory on Wednesday night.

Obviously I am hitting the peak of my form now. At 27 I've seen it and done it in this Division for too long with Rochdale. Some of us feel it's now or never before we get out of this league. We have worked hard pre-season, and this has had a morale and fitness boosting effect on the boys. We all know and get along with each other, and our settled squad has now worked so hard together, we know everything about each others game. A lot of my goals have been down to hard work by Davo (Kitson) or both Boydy and Paddy (McCourt) down the flanks. It's a team effort, and just because I'm the one putting the ball in the net, doesn't mean I'm more important than anyone else. We realise the only Senior Figure's at this club are the Coaching Staff. Sutcliffe and Hilly have been with us for a while now and we understand how they want us to play. It's certainly working, and we are feeling the benefits.

Rochdale 1-0 Bournemouth

R.LAMBERT 48

Rochdale have now made their best start to a League Season, under any manager in EC106. Sutcliffe's methods have worked wonders as despite a slight change of team, Rochdale still managed to come away from a tricky game with 3 points, and a clean sheet to show for it. Rochdale are now 2nd, behind Shorpe, who are also unbeaten, winning 4 and drawing 2. Sutcliffe will hope to push on again away to Southend tomorrow Night, after The Shrimpers have won 2 on the bounce.

The first half was a tale of poor finishing. Both Defences allowed chances at either end, but the Strikers couldn't finish what was in front of them. The match commentary showed how off target both teams were before the whistle blew for the break.

Kick-Off

1: The shot is hit goal bound but into the arms of Chris KIRKLAND

5: Back-peddling clumsily the keeper can only watch as Sone ALUKO lob goes over the bar

7: One of the best chances of the half goes begging as Patrick MCCOURT fails to follow up on the rebound

19: A poor finish by George BOYD

22: The striker burst through the rearguard not believing his luck but Brad FRIEDEL is quick off his line

26: A scramble in the six yard box ensues and James HAYTER blasts it into the arms of the keeper

30: An opportunist effort is cracked from distance by George BOYD just wide

34: James HAYTER miss hits his shot wide of goal

35: James O'CONNOR sets up an attack, but the chance is fluffed and goes wide.

36: A curling shot from Sone ALUKO goes just wide of the post

42: George BOYD gets the blind side of the defender but is forced to hurry his shot

hayter-400.jpg

James Hayter missed 2 good chances in the first half

Sutcliffe's Half Time words must have had an effect because 3 Minute's into the 2nd half Rickie Lambert turned quickly in the box and finished brilliantly passed Chris Kirkland. His 8th goal of the season was met by an eruption of noise from the Home Fans, who turned up in their numbers again to see Elliot's side play. Although Bournemouth hit the bar after the break, they didn't trouble Rochdale too much, and new manager gavin kenny will be dissapointed that they couldn't breakdown a much re-shuffled Rochdale defence. Miles Addison was forced to continue playing in Midfield, despite his complaints midweek. Stand out performer was Lambert again though as he claimed his 4th Man Of The Match Award of the season. Sutcliffe's quick comments at the end of the game, focused just as much on Millwall Boss Dave Izod however, as they did on his players and their performance.

I don't need to come out here and praise my players today. They know what an excellent job they have done and don't need telling to you lot. My thoughts today go out to the Millwall Fans. Not only do they see their Manager "break down" when questioned by Paul Holt this week, his club's position is in jeopardy. He seems unfit to manage the club at the moment, the fans are getting bad press, his players are not performing, results are not going his way and he's begging for Midfielders, even if just for a game!! I know I should feel bad, but I can't help but share a smile as I sit here listening to The Fray with the Girlfriend. Yes Dave, this is the life, I've got it all, and if you want to know what it's like, stop being jealous and come down to Spotland and see for yourself. Exciting times here Dave, exciting times.

Guest 1CapWonder

Thanks for the offer Marius' date=' but will your chairman allow you to loan him out?

oh and Pup, what have i told you about playing with the big boys?[/color']

I want to respect you, I really do.....

But how can I look up to you when your all the way down there in 14th??? :(

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Thanks for the offer Marius' date=' but will your chairman allow you to loan him out?

oh and Pup, what have i told you about playing with the big boys?[/color']

Does Kwadwo Asamoah take your fancy ? You can have him on loan if you want, and you can have him for a few games as well if necessary.

Need to sell d'allesandro.Dont want to but im nearly 1m in debt :eek:

my transfer budget is still fine though:rolleyes:

He's really talented and a big name for the future.I dont want to sell him buti think i have too:(

Any interest ?

hes due a rise.Hes on loan at Grosseto from Roma where he should score a good few goals:) Very good potential

Any interest ?

hes due a rise.Hes on loan at Grosseto from Roma where he should score a good few goals:) Very good potential

Im interested but Bristol are not as financially secured as Man Utd if u catch my drift.

Also everybody for sale at Bristol going to do a total revamp. got 5 players leaving already and hoping that 2 players will join.

Forgot about the stupid chairman thingy ... it seems that he won't allow it' date=' really sorry. :([/quote']

No problem mate, thanks anyway :)

Does Kwadwo Asamoah take your fancy ? You can have him on loan if you want' date=' and you can have him for a few games as well if necessary.[/quote']

Thanks Matt Can i get back to you ? :)

I want to respect you' date=' I really do.....

But how can I look up to you when your all the way down there in 14th??? :([/quote']

Your now on my radar boy, be warned B)

Im interested but Bristol are not as financially secured as Man Utd if u catch my drift.

Also everybody for sale at Bristol going to do a total revamp. got 5 players leaving already and hoping that 2 players will join.

didnt know you swapped:eek:

good to hear mate.Im gonna transfer list d'alesandro.Forumers get special rates;)putting a high price tag to see does anyone bid!! also phase 2 of my revolution is starting next weeek when all the tb's lift and i bring in some high rated players then i might win a game:o

didnt know you swapped:eek:

good to hear mate.Im gonna transfer list d'alesandro.Forumers get special rates;)putting a high price tag to see does anyone bid!! also phase 2 of my revolution is starting next weeek when all the tb's lift and i bring in some high rated players then i might win a game:o

Ye i swapped and tbh i love to set up but hated the team. No sense of achievement with Man Utd and got boring really fast. Now in Div 4 and going to enjoy myself putting together a good side.

I did bid 500k please accept :P

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

MATCH PREVIEW

OXFORD UTD V IPSWICH TOWN

Oxford Utd prepare for tomorrow's match against a strong Ipswich Town side who have yet to make their impact on the league so far. They lie in 9th position at the moment after an indifferent start to their league campaign. Manager David Belkevitz spoke at the Oxford Utd training ground this morning to an SM reporter about tomorrow's match.

"Nicolas Lodeiro is still not fit and will not play and there is a little doubt about Tomasz Hajto and Sam Ricketts, both experienced defenders and an integral part of the squad, but I'm confident that they will make the line up. I have a team policy that no-one will play if they are under 90% fit unless forced to, so I will select my team in the morning. As for Ipswich Town? Well I have had a look at them and they have a full squad of plus 85 rated players so on paper we can't match them, but football is about more than just statistics. We have performed well against most of the teams so far and I would guess that they have all been higher rated than Oxford Utd. There is a good spirit down here in Oxford and I was impressed with my youngsters the other evening against Bristol City, so I have to be positive and also realistic too about our status in the Third Division. Ipswich Town are just another step in our progress and we are used to competing against tougher opposition. Will we win tomorrow? I have to be confident and say that we will give them a good match and I wouldn't be coach here if I didn't have expectations of pushing the club further, I enjoy the challenges that face me here in Division Three, no-one would have bet on us getting into the playoffs let alone winning a promotion place last season and I have brought in a youth programme in the close season which I'm excited about, so all in all, things are looking good down here at Oxford Utd and we await the visit of Ipswich Town tomorrow with confidence."