English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Guest 1CapWonder

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

I do know just saying before i accept just in case some last minute buyer wants him.

Ok, sorry. I just thought you hadn't know, because you said it on the same page of the thread so it doesn't really make a difference...

Sorry :o

In a few days' date=' Modric is of TB and i will sell him for a P/E. and CMON some one must want castro ?[/quote']

EC106 is in the middle of a recession. Theres no money at clubs. At because of that, clubs arent wanting to part with players. I would have been interested in buying Modric back but dont have the funds and dont want to mess up a squad thats in sync atm.

Its not against the rules if they are unmanaged which im guessing what he means... But im guessing somebody will pick them up rather quick thou.

Yes, thats why I assumed it was a PM about a job offer. Leicester was snapped up fast, and thats Leicester, not exactly the most popular of teams on the game, not even in the setup. Bournemouth went fast, and Man Utd went so fast it just bypasses job offer and went straight to unmanaged.

Yes' date=' thats why I assumed it was a PM about a job offer. Leicester was snapped up fast, and thats Leicester, not exactly the most popular of teams on the game, not even in the setup. Bournemouth went fast, and Man Utd went so fast it just bypasses job offer and went straight to unmanaged.[/quote']

So if someone gets a job offer, they can't PM a friend and give them to them?

So if someone gets a job offer' date=' they can't PM a friend and give them to them?[/quote']

Nope thats what is now against the rules. Sm dont want people giving the teams to people like that as its not fair on other people

Pfffft' date=' i dont see how they would know. And anyone on this forum, as in people i would know?[/quote']

Lots of GC accounts. PMs are monitored as well. Personally I think they should have given some advanced warning that this rule was coming into effect, not introduce it and then punish those who fall foul of a brand new rule. I for one fell foul of a newly-instated rule once before. When the rule saying that you cant mention repping someone, I got an infraction on a post from about a month before the rule came into effect. My appeal against it was accepted, yet theres still evidence of it on my profile :( Still, SM make the rules, we abide by them. Im not going to jeopardise my Preston side so Im sticking well on this side of the fence.

Cool' date=' well everyone who's in here add me on msn :):P... jokes.

Good luck to everyone in the setup, i think i had Fulham or someone in this before, not sure. Can someone check? And i may be in it sometime soon ;)[/quote']

By Romano/Available Teams, No Job Offers! (GC Teams Only!)/8-17-2009

Use This Thread Rather Than The GC Discussion Thread To Post The Available Teams In Gold Championships. But DO NOT Post Clubs You Have On Offer, As Dictating Where A Club Goes Is Now Being Punished By SM.

Heres just after the rule was introduced. IF a Dev could show me where the rule is written in black and white, that would be great.

yE1670jY.jpg

millwall.gifV 44_1201797906.gif

Divison 2

Millwall v Liverpool

Preview

Millwall find themselves the latest team to stand in front of the Red steamroller at the weekend, as the South Londoners play host to division 2 giants Liverpool. Surprise relegation victims Liverpool have looked in imperious form since their drop from the higher echelons last season and despite a surprise 2-1 home defeat to Charlton during the week come to the game hovering ominously in third spot, just 2 points behind behind leaders Aston Villa..The Lions on the other hand have looked anything but convincing this season their scoreless draw at leeds on Wednesday saw them stagger to 14th place in the table but its still only 2 wins so far this campaign for Dave Izods men with many pundits speculating that the Lions have the stench of relegation about them this time out. Off the field its been another tough week for Millwall, a bogus story circulating about transfer fixing, brought director Andy 'man' Ambler out of his porta cabin to defend Izod and to add to the simmering tension of the Holt affair, the flea like Rochdale manager Elliot Sutcliffe, waded into Izod with a mocking accusation that the 40 year old was obviously on the point of a nervous breakdown. The Lions boss has remained silent on the week long controversy, and seems to be hoping his misfiring team will start to do his talking for him in the league.

Theres little joy on the pitch either for Izod as once more an early season injury curse sees him without the services of loanee Mauricio Isla and young striker Loic Remy. Center forward Mauro Boselli faces a late fitness test for the game and its thought that its unlikely that the young Argentinean will make the starting line-up. With the Lions relatively small squad looking increasingly out of place in the division,Izod was forced today to bring in Coventry reserve mid fielder Moussa Sissko on a game by game loan arrangement.Reds boss and ex Burnley manager Tom Field, has at his disposal whats commonly accepted as the finest collection of players to have ever graced the division Even without the injured Xavi and Ribery and the suspended Terry, Liverpool have a squad which reads like a whose who of world talent. Following the defeat to Charlton its possible that Field will place his faith in top scorer Freddie Kanute over Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but all eyes will be on the superstar Kaka as he continues to justify his title as the best player in EC 106.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Sam_Ricketts_Hull_City_v._Newcastle_United_2.png

Oxford Utd Team News

Club Captain Sam Ricketts will undergo a late fitness test in the morning ahead of tomorrow’s match against Ipswich Town.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

tomaszhajtoeg5.jpg

Tomasz Hajto passed a late fitness test and will be available for tomorrow's match against Ipswich Town.

Coach David Belkevitz was happy to hear the news and now awaits word on club captain Sam Ricketts who will be assessed in the morning.

Bradford Show Off New Signings..

brand.gif

Debt-stricken Bradford City today unveiled two more high-profile signings in a surprise move to the recession hit League that is EC 106. After inheriting an aging squad from previous manager Mr. Manager, new boss Ryan Monteith acted swiftly with the limited funds he had to add to both his 1st team and the newly formed Anti-Paul Holt Youth Academy, named so after the late Paul Holt.

Monteiths 1st major signing came in the form of former Vitoria De Guimaraes midfielder-come-striker Kamel Ghilas, in a deal which saw 36 year old striker Martin Kushev go the other way. Working on a shoe-string budget, a huge influx of youth players arrived to not only give Bradford more depth, but also to insure their future as a club. A grand total of 20 players under the age of 22 arrived for an astonishingly low figure of 360k. Other low key players added to the squad include giant centre-back Exodus Geohaghan, whom Monteith was amazed he faced no competition to sign, fellow defender Jake Wright, with the 23 year old already proving a hit with the fans, center midfielder Saloman Taiwo, who arrived for 70k, Sierra Leone international winger Albert Jarret, who arrived as a free agent, and finally 28 year old Irishman Richie Partridge who, after playing for 106 side Rotherham for 6 seasons, found himself a free agent for the past three seasons.

Stephen_Hunt_627978.jpg

The first of the two newest signings is Ireland international wing man Stephen Hunt, who joins from VFL Wolsberg after two seasons out of EC 106 having previously played for Reading, who are joint top with Bradford and Crewe of Division 3. This deal saw 35-year old left back Sylvinho and 200k go to the German champions. It is believed that Hunt will take up the open slot at left back now that Sylvinho has gone, with Caner Erkin becoming the backup man for both left mid and left back places.

The other new face for Bantam fans to idolise is 29 year old midfield hardman David Dunn, who joins from Spanish side Espanyol in a deal that see's Aussie midfielder Jason Culina make the move abroad. Jason found first team football hard to come by at Bradford, after only making 13 appearances in 3 seasons; with four of them being as a substitute.

All this transfer activity will come as a shock to Bradford fans after manager Ryan Monteith initially stating the club had no funds for new players upon his arrival; so whats changed?

When i came to this club, i was initially told there was insufficient funds for the pruchasing of new players; but after i had a chat with the owner he realised that a few new faces were necessary for the club to progress so i was granted 1 million pound to spend; which i duely have. I've used the money as best as i can, and the forming of the new Anti-Paul Holt Youth Academy will provide the club with a healthy future.

'The Anti-Paul Holt Youth Academy'

After the recent passing away of Crystal Palace manager Paul Holt, Bradford manager Ryan Monteith decided to name the clubs new youth academy after the 56 year-old divorcee. Holt was infamous for his poaching of young players to add to his ever-growing youth academy, despite publically moaning about Palace having no money to spend. Monteith had this to say about the whole situation:

Paul Holt was quite a character, he was a sort of marmite guy; you either hated him or loved him. Unfortunately, the latter didnt occur to Holt much; as he died a very lonely man. The reason our academy was named 'Anti-Paul Holt' was all down to his scouting methods. We want our academy to be respected, which is something that wouldnt happen if we followed the example set by Holt himself. He had a habit of buying players wanted by other clubs for inflated prices, despite knowing nothing about them. I dont want people thinking i am taking a cheap shot at a dead man, because i'm not. I'm very sorry for their loss. We (the club) have sent a reef to the family and will be attending the funeral this saturday.

R.I.P Paul Holt

Let the war begin!

:P:D

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

sitelogo

Oxford Utd Boss David Belkevitz was upbeat this morning about the news that club skipper Sam Ricketts came through a late fitness test and will definitely play in this afternoon's match against Ipswich Town. Ricketts has been struggling to shake off a knee injury but got the all clear to the relief of the Oxford Utd coach, who said, "He is a valuable member of the squad and his presence alone is worth it's weight in gold."

1778_1209755861.jpg

Sam Ricketts

The Oxford Utd coach went on to say that Van Der Gun would be available too after a midweek scare in training.

9139_1209755861.jpg

Cedric Van Der Gun

"We are looking forward to the visit of Ipswich Town, they have a lot of quality players and we will certainly be tested and will have to be at our best to take anything from the match, but I'm always the optimist and I'm sure the lads will give a good account of themselves."