English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Id prefer a general gossip thread if this carries on.

“If you build it' date=' they will come.”[/u']

The Mystery Voice in Field of Dreams

Cheltenham v Crystal Palace

Holt gave a quick statement after he got off the team coach to go and enjoy a pre-match meal with his oldest friend Andrew Foster, manager of Cheltenham...

"You cant under-estimate Cheltenham. They consistantly take points off teams in this division, and although they are the smallest team in the Division, just smaller than Millwall, doesn't mean that they will be walkovers. Andrew Foster for me is the best manager in the English game. He took Town from Div 4 to Div 2 and clearly has the smallest budget to play with, but you never hear him complain, nor does he get into arguments with fellow managers. Hes almost like a younger version of the late Bobby Robson. So I wish Mr Foster good luck in tonights match, but not too much, as I feel Heskey will win me this game for us "

I Bid.

Y dnt you want him. Is he like gunna drop ?

Just taking too long to rise. When I bought him, I was told he would be the next Nesta, thinking that when Nesta retires, he would go straight into the team. But I misunderstood, what they meant was that he is a future Nesta replacement, and if he's playing for Padova, he isnt going to get much of a rise. If Im doing the wrong thing, then I'll pull the plug.

Ive started a new discussion thread' date=' and also due to the interest in Darmian, Im not selling now, obviously you all know more than me.[/quote']

Hasn't featured in any of Padova's first 2 games, and i only bid above the 200k cos my chairman allowed it - i'm sure he'll not rise much this season... ;)

Hasn't featured in any of Padova's first 2 games' date=' and i only bid above the 200k cos my chairman allowed it - i'm sure he'll not rise much this season... ;)[/quote']

Ok, I might sell then. I didnt name him in the youth tournament squad because I was thinking of selling, and I was going to use him in part-ex for Jenkins of Padova, but not worth it.

bbcsport.1.u.png

WEEKLY GOSSIP COLUMN

Liverpool are monitoring Boro's Axel Witsel's situation and are ready to offer £16m for the Belgian.

The Sun

Sheffield Utd will sell Romanian International Adrian Mutu to Manchester Utd but only if Utd offer Yaya Toure' and Jerermy Menez as part of the deal.

The Sun

Bristol City have accepted an offer of around £12m from Sportin Lisbon for forward Florent Sinama-Pongolle.

The Star

FC Groningan have offered Bristol City €5m for Brazil keeper Adriano Basso but City are asking for more.

The Star

Crewe are ready to accept £4.9m for Brazil defender Alberto Marcao, even though they have a £6M minimum fee set.

The Express

Preston have decided not to sell Italian U21 defender Matteo Damian as he has been showing alot of promise in training. Preston may instead sell Richard Ekersley to Crystal Palace for 900k.

The Mail

Wallsall will sell Lee Cattermole to Reading for £11m, but Reading may lose out to Crystal Palace if they do decide to bid.

The Observer

Millwall are looking to offload Brede Hangeland to balance the books with Swansea and Boro both keen to secure the big Norwegians services.

Teamtalk.com

Charlton will test Darlington with a bid for loan player Leo Renan. The Brazilian is very keen to stay in South London after 3 successful spells with Crystal Palace already under his belt. A bid of £18m will secure the highly rated defender.

The Northern Echo

Liverpool are still chasing Blackburns Lass Diarra but will not spend more than £20m for the midfielder.

The Mirror

Brentfords Joe lewis will put in a transfer request as he is unhappy at not playing on a regular basis. Tranmere are watching this situation very closely and may bid £2m as early as Monday.

The Mirror

Fulham wingers Antonio Valencia and Nico Kranjcar want to leave as soon as possible. Fulham will sell Kranjcar to Sunderland while Valencia are interesting Bolton and Tranmere.

Skysports

--------------------------------------------

And finally...

Rochdale manager Elliott "Sooty" Sutcliffe has stated that he would love to manage the Ladies GB football team in the 2012 Olympics.

The Guardian

Valencia sick of Fulham

Fulham winger has been quoted by the media stating that he is fed up of being a bench warmer at Fulham and wants a transfer. The ex-Preston winger was used in part-exchangeb to sign Ashley Young, but where Young has wowed his new fnas, Valencia hasnt started this season. This is largely down to new signing Ballack, and the 4-2-2-2 formation that manager Ziggy Redstall uses.

"I have become disallusioned at Fulham. At Preston I was the fan favourite and a constant first teamer. Now I have got used to the back of Ziggy's head as I sit in the dugout, thinking if I suit a black and white kit."

Ziggy Redstall has yet to comment, but with intense media specualtion over Niko Kranjcars future, he cant afford to lose two wingers.

Love that BBC weekly gossip column Holt and hope it will be a regular feature.

On unrelated news i heard you were looking for a good GC to join.

well i would love if you were to join my in GC55 in English Div 3 with my Brighton and see how well we can do.

May i suggest Exeter as me and them both got promoted last season and are currently on the same points so we really can compare between us two.

love if Gc55 English Div 3 could have some banter like this thread. :)

bbcsport.1.u.png

WEEKLY GOSSIP COLUMN

Liverpool are monitoring Boro's Axel Witsel's situation and are ready to offer £16m for the Belgian.

The Sun

Sheffield Utd will sell Romanian International Adrian Mutu to Manchester Utd but only if Utd offer Yaya Toure' and Jerermy Menez as part of the deal.

The Sun

Bristol City have accepted an offer of around £12m from Sportin Lisbon for forward Florent Sinama-Pongolle.

The Star

FC Groningan have offered Bristol City €5m for Brazil keeper Adriano Basso but City are asking for more.

The Star

Crewe are ready to accept £4.9m for Brazil defender Alberto Marcao' date=' even though they have a £6M minimum fee set.[/b']

The Express

Preston have decided not to sell Italian U21 defender Matteo Damian as he has been showing alot of promise in training. Preston may instead sell Richard Ekersley to Crystal Palace for 900k.

The Mail

Wallsall will sell Lee Cattermole to Reading for £11m, but Reading may lose out to Crystal Palace if they do decide to bid.

The Observer

Millwall are looking to offload Brede Hangeland to balance the books with Swansea and Boro both keen to secure the big Norwegians services.

Teamtalk.com

Charlton will test Darlington with a bid for loan player Leo Renan. The Brazilian is very keen to stay in South London after 3 successful spells with Crystal Palace already under his belt. A bid of £18m will secure the highly rated defender.

The Northern Echo

Liverpool are still chasing Blackburns Lass Diarra but will not spend more than £20m for the midfielder.

The Mirror

Brentfords Joe lewis will put in a transfer request as he is unhappy at not playing on a regular basis. Tranmere are watching this situation very closely and may bid £2m as early as Monday.

The Mirror

And finally...

Rochdale manager Elliott "Sooty" Sutcliffe has stated that he would love to manage the Ladies GB football team in the 2012 Olympics.

The Guardian

You could add the Valencia gossip I just posted. Off to bed as Im still ill. :(

Love that BBC weekly gossip column Holt and hope it will be a regular feature.

On unrelated news i heard you were looking for a good GC to join.

well i would love if you were to join my in GC55 in English Div 3 with my Brighton and see how well we can do.

May i suggest Exeter as me and them both got promoted last season and are currently on the same points so we really can compare between us two.

love if Gc55 English Div 3 could have some banter like this thread. :)

Been thinking about it for a while but not sure if anybody would like it. Looks like ill keep it going on a weekly basis, thanx :)

bbcsport.1.u.png

WEEKLY GOSSIP COLUMN

The Sun

The Sun

The Star

The Star

Crewe are ready to accept £4.9m for Brazil defender Alberto Marcao' date=' even though they have a £6M minimum fee set.[/b']

The Express

The Mail

The Observer

Teamtalk.com

The Northern Echo

The Mirror

The Mirror

And finally...

The Guardian

Brilliant stuff here mate, hope you'll continue it on a weekly basis (if not more often :D) I'm really loving this setup!!

Would like to add to your green, but gotta spread it around first..

RICHARDSON LAUGHS OFF LEWIS SPECULATION

Brentford manager Darren Richardson tonight laughed off suggestions in some of today's newspapers that keeper Joe Lewis was looking for a transfer out of the club. It has been rumoured that Tranmere Rovers were preparing a bid for the English Under 21 international.

" There may well be interest from other clubs and that doesnt surprise me, I would be shocked if they were not looking at him to be honest. We have a policy here of bringing in young players and developing them. That is the only way Brentford Football Club will be able to have some success on the field as well as be financially strong enough to compete in the transfer market. When I first took over at the club, there wasnt a lot of funds available and that is still the case due to the strict budget we are sticking too. The club is working on building a healthy balance sheet and it is true that every player has their price but we are not actively looking to sell any of our players. I can confidently say that Joe will not be leaving Brentford anytime soon unless there is a ridiculously high and downright stupid offer. "

Joe Lewis has been shunned out of the limelight this season with on loan Roberto Fernandez performing inbetween the sticks so far this season for the bees. There will no doubt be opportunities for the young Englishman to reclaim his place, it is a question of whether or not Brentfords resolve would hold out if a bid was to come in for the keeper, from Richardsons strong words it would appear the club are unwilling to let him go.

JoeLewis1.jpg

On the way out? Brentfords Joe Lewis the subject of interest from Tranmere

Match Preview

Division 2

2512A635-D21F-86C8-83C29B4BE89AED11.jpg 2 v 1 201C274B-BFA9-85ED-9B7DA764E92B8CF9.jpg

Middlesbrough dominate but fail to use chances

Middlesbrough put in another fine dominant display with 58% of the possession however a late goal from wonderkid Stevan Jovetic in the 86th minute this was after Boro went into the lead in the 6th minute thanks to Aleksandr Pavlenko Preston hit back though in the 13th minute with Aaron Lennon scoring one of his great goals with a darting run through the Boro defence and his shot from 15yds out beating Valdes the match looks set to end in a 1-1 draw but for the old defensive errors that seemed to return to for Middlesbrough allowing Steven Jovetic an easy run through to make it 2-1

There was a small number of Boro fans who waited around after the match who let the team and manager know what they thought of the result with meny of the fans blaming the manager for the defeat after bringing on youngster Haris Seferovic in such a vital game

Next up for Middlesbrough is the visit of Fulham to the Riverside while Preston head to Wales to face Cardiff City

Walsall 1 : 2 Shorpe United

Match Report

b_87.png

Scorers

Shorpe United: 2

Cicero 34

Pekarik 68

Walsall: 1

De Federico 61

cicero%2Bsantos.jpg

Santos Cicero

Shorpe won a closely contested match, but did however have 23 shots on target to Walsall's one. Cicero had a host of chances only converting one, but went on to recieve the man of the match.

Shorpe have now won 5, drew 2, lost 0 and with Rochdale dropping points there is now daylight between the playoffs places and the automatic spots.

Bristol City 1-0 Yeovil Town

Yeovil Played With The Same Formation As Last Time, But This Time Played Different People Due To Players Fitness. Off Came Yeovil's Top Men Victor, Marqunho's, Lee Carsley, Van Der Linden And James O'Shea.

Yeovil Town Have Defo Got To Build A Stronger Squad, This 'backup' Squad Is Not Even Good Enough For Division 4. But With Yeovil Struggling For Dosh At The Moment, That Cant Improve Untill Help Is At Hand.

The Goal Came After 59 Minutes. New Signing For Yeovil Bouma Couldnt Stop Bristol Citys Cross Due To Him Being The Only One In Defence Who Was Marking Up, But Unfortunally The Ball Went To A Different Person, Kacar, Who Slotted A Nice Header In.

Tom Tamburro Said "Now Is Now, I Have To Get Rid Of Some Players For Me To Try And Get Improved Players. If This Team Went Down In Division 4, I Feel We Will Never Get Out. Ive Gotta Buy, And Ive Gotta Buy Now . . . Well Not Now Cause Im Gonna Watch Tv For A Bit, But Maybe Tommorow :)"

Bristol City 1-0 Yeovil Town

Yeovil Played With The Same Formation As Last Time' date=' But This Time Played Different People Due To Players Fitness. Off Came Yeovil's Top Men Victor, Marqunho's, Lee Carsley, Van Der Linden And James O'Shea.

Yeovil Town Have Defo Got To Build A Stronger Squad, This 'backup' Squad Is Not Even Good Enough For Division 4. But With Yeovil Struggling For Dosh At The Moment, That Cant Improve Untill Help Is At Hand.

The Goal Came After 59 Minutes. New Signing For Yeovil Bouma Couldnt Stop Bristol Citys Cross Due To Him Being The Only One In Defence Who Was Marking Up, But Unfortunally The Ball Went To A Different Person, Kacar, Who Slotted A Nice Header In.

Tom Tamburro Said "Now Is Now, I Have To Get Rid Of Some Players For Me To Try And Get Improved Players. If This Team Went Down In Division 4, I Feel We Will Never Get Out. Ive Gotta Buy, And Ive Gotta Buy Now . . . Well Not Now Cause Im Gonna Watch Tv For A Bit, But Maybe Tommorow :)"[/center']

Im sorry but my Bristol didnt play u m8 so get the team right :P

BRENTFORD DISSAPOINT MANAGER

Luton Town 2-0 Brentford

Brentford's poor showing against Luton Town has earned them criticism from boss Darren Richardson. A good run of form which was Brentford hit 9 goal in 3 games and going the start of the season unbeaten, now they find themselves with 2 defeats on the trot and their gaffer spiting fire at them.

" Well you know it is very difficult, the players seem to enjoy giving me a heart attack and vast amounts of stress. One minute we are winning games at a canter and the next, we are losing to sides that a team looking for promotion should not lose to. We were simply not good enough, we created far more chances and kept more of the ball but didnt make proper use of all the chances we had. Luton took their chances and won the game, the story is as simple as that. We must look where we have started to go wrong and address the matter. Rushden & Diamonds are up next and we will need to improve to stand a chance of winning the game. "

2_front_small.gif4_1194003536.gif1_front_small.gif

More Disappointment as Birmingham Slump Again!

Birminghams continue to fall short and slump to a third straight defeat, Chamakh netted for the blues but they slipped to a 3 - 1 Defeat at the hands of Fulham.

Now with Peterborough next Kevin puts trust in the same team who were thrashed 9 - 0 at the hands of Crewe after announcing this the fans were displeased.

Fan 1 - Stupid Decision we were completely embarrased and now its gonna happen again at Peterborough

Fan 2 - Well we need to rest the squad if we want a slim chance of going up

Eguren May Make Early Appearence

Unfit Centre Midfielder Eguren may be forced to make an early appearence with the suspension of Fabio Rochemback hit the side. Eguren was scheduled to debut against Cheltnam but may be forced to appear against Aston Villa. The only other Centre Midfielder is Joe Partington but Kevin must choose to play Eguren early or play Topal or Foggia out of position.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

OXFORD UTD 0-3 IPSWICH TOWN

The gulf in class proved too much for a spirited Oxford Utd today at the Kassam Stadium. A crowd of just over 4000 saw them crash to their biggest home defeat in two years despite a gritty performance where they could have went ahead in the first twenty minutes with some good inter action but Ipswich Town's rearguard was too well organized.

Darell Russell was booked after only five minutes for not retreating the full ten yards and despite some early pressure, Sylvain Ebanks-Blake smashed the ball home in the 26th minute with a terrific goal.

Oxford Utd fought manfully but the gulf began to show in the second half as Dimitri Payet rose above the home defence to head home goal number two in the 60th minute.

15164_1213202910.jpg

Another goal six minutes later from Ebanks-Blake put the game way out of reach for the home side as Ipswich Town ran out easy winners in the end.

1135_1209755861.jpg

The Oxford Utd coach could not hide his disappointment as he spoke after the match, " We just were not good enough, the gulf in class is there for all to see and although we worked hard, it was never going to be our day. Well done to Ipswich Town and we just have to look towards our Cup tie on Monday night against First Division leaders Darlington."

In what was to be the shock result of Division 1, bottom placed Southampton have defeated top of the table Blackburn Rovers 3-2 with a 2nd half hat trick from long time Rovers target Mesut Ozil. Southampton remained bottom, but Blackburn dropped to 2nd, with Darlington overtaking them.

Will now face top of table in the next game. (2 Bottom VS Top games in just 2 games)

Been In charge for 5 Games 1 of which was a Friendly vs Manchester City

Won 3 (2-1 vs Bristol Rovers, 1-0 vs Leyton Orient and Tonight 2-0 vs Hull)

Drawn 2(3-3 vs Leicester City City and a 2-2 Draw in Friendly vs Manchester City)

Good start to my Career at Notts County ....or OAP FC...soon to change lol

Turn 10/12 I shall make a masive M/R on everything big update :) :)

Next Up Friendly Vs Chelsea :)

yE1670jY.jpg

millwall.gifV 44_1201797906.gif

Divison 2

Millwall 0 - Liverpool 0

With a fair degree of luck and a large slice of South London tenacity Millwall put in a excellent defensive performance this evening, to hold back the Liverpool footballing machine in a compelling 0-0 draw at the New Den. With the two teams at opposite ends of the division 2 footballing spectrum, pundits and supporters alike could have been forgiven for expecting the majestic Reds to brush aside the South Londoners. Lions boss Dave Izod, obviously shared these misgivings and rearranged his troops into a solid 5-4-1 , with a combative central midfield trio of Ahumada, Lemoine and on loan Sissko looking to contain the obvious threat of Kaka, whilst acting as an attacking conduit for lone front man 'ED' Graphite. The Reds came to the game still smarting at their recent home defeat to Charlton and whilst adopting their 4-2-3-1 counter attacking formation , manager Tom Field rung the changes for the visit to the capital. At the back Gianluca Zambrotta and Jamie Carragher came in for Anyukov and Mertesacker, with up front the surprise inclusion of Frenchman Thierry Henry at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic who like his defensive colleagues dropped to the bench.

The ridiculously small crowd of just over 8 and a half thousand, must have thought the Lions were in for a torturous evening when after 5 minutes Ricardo Kaka received the ball on the left before cutting inside Anton Ferdinand, before unleashing a dipping long range effort that smashed off the Lions crossbar. Barely had the crowd recovered their nerves when Liverpool midfielder Micheal Essien missed a glorious opportunity to take the lead as he some how blazed the ball high over Mondragons open goal, after Nava's square ball had wrong footed the Lions defence. With the initial barrage over the Lions worked hard to contain their visitors, retaining the ball well the South Londoners looked for the long ball up to Graphite or the roaming Granero. Unsurprisingly there was little change to be had from the Liverpool defence , with Rigoberts speculative header into the danger zone presenting the only opportunity for the Lions to snatch a lead. Before the end of the half Liverpool once more looked the more dangerous of the two, Henry's goal bound effort was forced off the line by Hangeland and with just minutes before referee Kuipers half time whistle, Ever Banega fell foul of the linesman's flag with the goal at his mercy.

The second half started as a much more even affair, Riena had to be at hand to clear a long ball over the top of his defence before minutes later Granero bought gasps from the home crowd with a fine turn and shot from the edge of the box. With the disciplined Lions quick to fall back behind the ball, Liverpool began to struggle for ideas typified by Henry's retreat into his own half with the ever eager Ahumada snapping at his elegant heels. With 10 minutes left the Lions almost pulled off the win of the season as Esteban Graneo inexplicably failed to follow up on substitutes Boselli's spilled header, when the merest of touches would have beaten the prone Reina. With just 6 minutes to go,Liverpool had a final chance of their own to grab the victory, with Henry falling to his knees as he watched Song somehow hack his carefully placed drive off the line.

Despite the point, Dave Izods brave Lions fall to 15th in the table, leap frogged by Fulham after their 3-1 win over Birmingham whilst Liverpool drop into 4th spot below Cheltenham on Goal difference. Next up for the Lions is Mondays away trip to Sunderland in the English shield, before going back on the road with a midweek visit to East Anglia to face Norwich.