English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Montenegro succumb to heavy defeat at hands of B&H

Montenegro coach James Burrow is still looking for his first win of the season after his side were thrashed 5-1 by Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Bosnia opened the scoring just short of half an hour into the game through Parma striker Zlatan Muslimovic. Montenegro scored their first goal of the qualifying campaign with Cardiff striker Mirko Vucinic hitting the target on 32 minutes. Bosnia and Herzegovina scored twice just before half time, Leicester defender Emir Spahic (40) and Genoa and ex-Coventry winger Hasan Salihamidzic (42) scored the first of his brace.

Salihamidzic scored his second of the night after half time, with Montenegrin fans leaving the stadium after just 51 minutes. Some of the fans would have been just leaving the car park when the fifth goal went in, Schalke midfielder Zlatan Bajramovic completed the rout.

After the match, Burrow said he would stay in the job and try and salvage some pride, whilst also stating that qualification was still on for the country.

yE1670jY.jpg

Division 2

29_1199919859.gif Vmillwall.gif

Derby county v Millwall

Preview

The Lions travel North tomorrow to face struggling Derby County at the Reebok stadium, with their eyes firmly fixed on a victory which may see them breaking into the play-off spots for the first time so far this season. After the thrilling mid week win at home to Birmingham the Lions find themselves in 9th spot ,below both Charlton and Norwich and just 2 points behind 6th placed Middlesbrough. On paper the Lions are considered favourites for the points and accordingly anything less than a win for the South Londoners will be seen as a failure from both manger and fans alike. Derby on the other hand are in all sorts of trouble, a terrible run of just two points from a potential 33 has seen one of last season more formidable units descend to the bottom of the pile and following the catastrophic midweek defeat at fellow strugglers Plymouth Argyle,they sit 4 points adrift of the division 2 safety zone.

Millwall make the journey still without the injured Esteban Granero, with the young Spaniard still 10 days away from returning after a hernia operation. Lions boss Dave Izod is likely to stick with the same 11 that beat Birmingham, aside from one change at the back as Jan Simunek comes in for the recently transferred Rigobert Song. New signing Facunado Roncaglia joins super sub Mauro Boselli on the bench alongside Van Heerden, Gardener and Dimitrov. Rams boss John Gardener has a full squad at his disposal, but will wait on late fitness tests on Luis Edu Draconda, Armando Petit and top scorer Luis Garcia before naming his side. Earlier this season Derby enjoyed a fine 2-0 win over the Lions at the New Den, with goals either side of half time from Petit and Meireles deciding the contest.

Match Report Round 20 - Colchester United vs Luton Town

colchester-united.gifColchester 6 - 0 Luton luton-town.gif

(Half Time 3 - 0)

B. Maguire 2, 19

C. Orlando Sa 13

K. Pezzoni 61

F. Nimani 62

D. Marcq 84

Another faboulous win by Colchester which means that 9 of there wins have been 4 or more goals

:o. The goals were spread around well and Dragovic was very pleased that his side dominated like they did. This result took them to 2nd spot which the fans were go crazy about. Colchester dominated in possesion 60% to Lutons 40% but but beatan in shots, 19 to 28. Goals coming from Dutch midfielder Barry Maguire who managed two, both strikers Orlando Sa and Nimani, loan midfielder Pezzoni and man of the match defended Marcq. Overall a great performance but one downfall was that Bulgarian right back Manolev suffered a bruised shin which would leave him out of next weeks match.

Two of the three goals in the first half came from 19 year old dutch midfielder, Maguire. The first came in the second minute with a great 1 on 1 finish and the second to put them 3 - 0 up was a well placed header in the ninetenth minute. Maguire now has 8 goals from 15 matches for the season as a midfielder.

PRO_636300_BarryMaguire.jpg

The young midfielder in action

The second goal came from Orlando Sa in the 13th minute. This was his tenth in ten games with a fantastic strike from 25 yards.

12635_ori_orlando_sa.jpg

Orlando Sa before the game

The fourth came from Pezzoni in the 61st minute with a blistetring run from the midfield which was topped with a supurb finish. The crowd went wild, one to add to his scrapbook with now 6 goals in 13 games.

kevin-pezzoni-11448513-262kg.jpg

Pezzoni controling the midfield

French striker Nimani scored the fifth with a nice curling finish a minute after Pezzonis. This was his 13th goal in 14 matches!

3855035.jpg

Nimani celebrating his neat goal

Final goal came late from French defender Damien Marcq. A neat header from a corner gave him his second for the season as well as a man of the match performance.

340x.jpg

Marcq taking the ball out of defence

Man of the Match

102797.jpg

Damien Marcq

World Shocker!!!

arsenal-logo.png

News regarding one of the worlds most famous clubs is that a new manager has been assigned. The manager was bought in to 1) Avoid Relagation, 2) Sort squad out, 3) Win the english Cup. The manager that the arsenal board decided they would choose was one who was, seemingly svain Sunderland from relagation. That manager was Aaron Dhandli. Reports suggest he has been given the job and repair the damage. He has been given 45 Million to spend. Earlier he told us what he would do,"firstly sort out the squad. I have been given a transfer budget in the area of 45 million. This huge amount of money would go to a new striker and extra depth. The money will be invested into youth. I have also been given the chance to take Arsenal further in the english cup final".

steven_gerrard_5_footballpicturesnet.jpg

To return To Anfield?

SoccermanagerTimescopy.jpg

Charlton defender Boumsong open to Lyon return

Jean-AlainBoumsong.jpg

Jean-Alain Boumsong: Link with Lyon

Charlton Athletic defender Jean-Alain Boumsong has spoken of his option for a surprise reunion with former club Lyon, according to reports. 29-year-old Boumsong has become less important in Charlton squad following the arrival of Daniele Gastaldello from Sampdoria. He was recently dropped in the pecking order with Alessandro Gamberini, Micah Richards, Jan Vertonghen and Daniele Gastaldello in front of him. Boumsong was linked with a move to Leyton Orient last season but the factor of playing in lower division has halt the move. Media reports said Lyon has officially tabled an offer to the Division 2 club with a fee in a region of £5.9m. The Addicks, however, has stalled the offer as the deal is reported to be lower than their asking price of £6.5m. Both Lyon and Charlton officials will held another meeting on Sunday afternoon, after the weekend league match against Birmingham City, to settle on the transfer.

In an interview with Soccer Manager Times, Boumsong of his current situation: "All I can do is stay calm and continue with my daily training with Charlton. Lyon have shown their interest in me and I'm optimistic about it. I have been there before and I know how great to play with such a well-supported club. I will take it as an opportunity to play regular football but as far as I am concern the deal is not done yet and I'll have to wait before I can plan about my future."

English Championship 106 Division Two

Birmingham City v Charlton Athletic: Preview

4_1194003536.gifBirmingham City v Charlton Athletic20_1198938111.gif

Addicks geared up for Birmingham trip

alessandrogamberini.jpg

Alessandro Gamberini is expected to make his return in Charlton starting lineup

Charlton will be looking to continue their good league run in their clash with struggling Birmingham City at the St Andrews. Daniele Gastaldello and Wout Brama are expected to remain in the starting lineup after their impressive debut in the 2-0 victory against Middlesbrough in midweek. Defender Alessandro Gamberini could make his return to the squad after missing their previous match due to fitness problem. Leon Osman is likely to miss the trip to Birmingham after picking a slight injury in training. Marco Marchionni will provide the creativity on the right midfield in Osman's role. Eduardo and Falcao who have bagged eleven goals among them this season will again provide the extra final touch in the Addicks attack.

Birmingham will be without injured Hugo Ibarra who sustained a broken wrist in the first half of the season. They will also be without suspended Fabio Rochamback. Daniele Franceschini and Marouane Chamakh are expected to remain in the starting lineup even though speculation is surrounding them. Alberto Paloschi could make his first start this season following his return from loan spell at Preston North End.

Charlton star Wendel targets Liverpool return

Wendel_2366050.jpg

Geraldo Wendel is currently sidelined with groin muscle injury

Charlton Athletic have pencilled in Geraldo Wendel for a return to action against Liverpool in their crucial Division 2 clash at The Valley in November. Wendel limped out of Charlton's league match against Cheltenham Town on October 14 with a torn groin muscle and Valley medics predicted to Brazil midfield would be sidelined for a month. But the 26-year-old is confident he will be on the pitch at The Valley a week ahead a schedule.

"The groin muscle already doesn't hurt me," he told Soccer Manager Times. "I think I am ready for training."

The news will be greatly welcomed by the Division 2 club who have found their best form this season, while he would be also be available in the league match against arch-rivals Crystal Palace in the following week. Before his injury Wendel had scored four goals in his fifteen competitive games since moving from Blackburn Rovers. Charlton have picked four points in the two games he has been sidelined for, including the unconvincing 2-0 win at home against Middlesbrough on Wednesday.

Dean ruled out Wendel return for Liverpool clash

Wendel_2366050.jpg

Geraldo Wendel: Will not be risked in the clash with Liverpool

Charlton Athletic manager Dean Bryant has ruled out an earlier return for Geraldo Wendel, according to Charlton's official website. Wendel has early hinted that he would be back in pitch in their crucial league clash with Liverpool, one week ahead of schedule. The Valley medics has predicted that Wendel could be back for normal training on November 13 and Dean has stated he will not risk an unfit player for an early return.

"Wendel will not be playing in the Liverpool match unless he's fully fit," Dean told the club's website. "He will not be risk in a crucial match like Liverpool. I know he's an important player in Charlton but I don't think he will fully recovered from his injury. I have talked to him and he understand with his current situation. It's a blow to have him injured in such an important month for us but I believe we have enough covers in his absence."

yE1670jY.jpg

Gordon signs for the Lions

craiggordon_jersey.jpg

Gordon seen earlier today putting out the rubbish

Millwall today picked up their second major signing of the week with the completion of Scotland international goal keeper Craig Gordon’s 8.3 million pounds move from Italian outfit Sienna. The highly rated twenty six year olds transfer to the New Den will be seen as somewhat of a coup for Izod, who has sanctioned a mid season clear out to finance the deal for the player considered by many as the best goalkeeper to come out of Scotland since Alan Rough, and recently identified by Italian legend Gianluigi Buffon as ‘one of Europe’s finest young keepers in years’. Theres no news from the Den as to wether the Scot will star in tonights game against Derby County but Gordon’s arrival surely signals the end of Faryd Mondragons illustrious 300 game Millwall career. It also casts a huge shadow on the future of reserve keeper Junior Lauro. Lauro is currently on a season long loan at division three battlers Oxford, and on his return, will no doubt seek confirmation on his status at the club.

Burrow: Don't boo Heskey

Preston manager James Burrow has urged the fans not to boo ex-player Emile Heskey as the England international returns tonight with Crystal Palace.

31 year old Heskey was sold to Crystal Palace earlier this season, and on his debut scored the opening goal in Palace's 1-1 draw with North End. Since then he has gone on to score 12 goals in 16 starts.

"Instead of booing Heskey tonight, our fans should be congratulating him for his good performances during his brief stint. I admit I should not have sold him, but we will have to form one of our guys into a Heskey-esque character. Hugo Rodallega has stepped up to the plate well, and Crouchie has got amongst the goals recently."

Preston also make a last minute, enforced change to the team for tonights match. Defender Juanito has been sold to Atletico Madrid, meaning Eddie Nolan steps up to the bench.

Darlington manager Mike Flounders has been offered the Sunderland hot seat but has publicly stated his desire to carry through his dream of winning trophies with debt ridden Darlington.

Flounders stated he will be officially rejecting the offer some point after this evenings games, no set time will be announced but it will be this tonight.

Newcastle Team News Announced

Casillas

Perea Cannavaro Nesta Heinze

Diarra

Maxi Rodrigues Robinho

Montenegro

Nihat Klose

Both Diarra(twisted ankle) Owen (shin splints) still out.

Perea moves to right back making room new signing Cannavaro and Nesta questioning the future of Beye.

Iniesta makes way for Montenegro and only make the bench, manager butler dashed claims Iniesta is dropped but only made the bench due to his fitness, a second half apperance is expected if Newcastle are losing after 60mins.

Rumour around the north east area is this could be Montenegro last game and the club are looking at loaning him out with a view for a permanant deal.

Preston in contract talks with Finnish veteran

Preston North End have been given permission to talk to Real Betis defender Sami Hyypia, after the Spanish club accepted an offer from the North End. The 36 year old is expected to be a like-for-like replacement for Juanito, who will complete a move to Atletico Madrid tomorrow morning.

samihyypia.jpg

Hyypia has played 141 games in the English leagues, for Liverpool and Wigan. His last appearance came last season for Wigan. Preston scout Tom Eccles was at Finland's last game against the Ivory Coast, where Hyypia scored the opening goal.

Hyypia could be in line for a debut against Aston Villa, but will have to fight it out with the now fit again Matthew Upson.

Hyypia's international team-mate Jussi Jaaskelainen is happy that Hyypia is joining the club:

"I am delighted that Sami has chosen Preston to return to England. He is still good enough for the English game and is a great role model for the younger players."

In other transfer news, Preston have announced that they have ended their pursuit of two transfer targets. The two players have been revealed as Burnley's Bogdan Stancu and Southampton's Martin Kelly. Preston manager James Burrow told the press that other areas of the team were top priority, and that he wasnt prepared to wait for a decision on the player's futures while other transfer targets slip away.

BALE UP FOR SALE

gareth-bale-491634191.jpg

Wales and Crystal Palace left back Gareth Bale has been sensationally placed on the transfer list by gaffer Paul Holt. Bale, who is currently training in the Paul Holt Youth Academy has been deemed surplus to requirements by Holt and is now available for £8-9m. Holt said...

464959_mediumsquare.jpg

"Gareth is a fine player who will go far in the world of football, but not with Crystal Palace. I have Karadeniz who since been placed on the transfer list has scored 10 goals from the left wing position, and as back up I have Adam Johnson. And Bale is good enough to play regular for most top clubs so its only fair to let him progress somewhere else. All I wish is that he goes to a decent club and not a club like Millwall or Stoke".

In other news Holt has turned down a £1.3m offer for the former Boro youth star Josh Walker from Northampton Town. Holt described the offer as "poor, but what do you expect from such a poor team".

Ryan will use his 25M budget to splash the cash

In the Press conferance before Blackpools game against AFC Bournemouth Blackpool boss Ryan Clarke has come out of his shadow to say that he is looking to add to his squad.Over a month and a half ago Ryan got rid of Three quarters of Blackpools golden oldies to lay a path for a young team.But Blackpool have struggled with form and have been bogged down with rumours surrounding a move for Mladen Petric.

However now the time for changes is now says Ryan.With a reported 25M to spend this could brighten Blackpools awful season.they find themselves 14th and Ryan admits that next season promotion may be the only objective that can save his job.Heres what he had to say "This seaon has been a diaster.No arguements.I'm just so happy to have a supportive chairman.With my ill health I haven't been able to marshall my team the way I'd have liked.The chairman has understood and has defended me and stood by me.But now I feel that next seaon its the crunch one for me.I'd say promotion is the only option."

Match Preview

Division 2

16289_badge.jpg2 v 0Stoke_City.gif

Middlesbrough send message to Liverpool

Middlesbrough sent a strong message to league leaders Liverpool after an easy defeat of 2nd placed Stoke.

Neither side looked at home on the pitch during the first half with both wasting easy chances it was Stoke though that had the best chances with Stiliyan Petrov hitting the bar and Milhomem Guilherme somehow missing an open goal from 10yds out.

Middlesbrough came out for the 2nd half much for fired up than the first half and it was clear after just a few minutes they were pushing for the 3pts with Luis Nani putting in some world class touches however it was Marcelo Bordon who broke the deadlock with a low shot that was far too quick for Tim Howard Boro then sealed the match just 9 minutes later when Luis Nani made it an amazing 4 goals from 4 games this season.

The win keeps Middlesbrough in 6th place but now just 4pts away from the struggling league leaders Liverpool.

6_1190596348.gif

Blackpool beat off Bournemouth.

Blackpool recorded a good win against Bournemouth in front of the Blackpool fans.The win sees them climb one place to 13th in Divison 4.It wasn't plain sailing for Blackpool though when an Aluko goal gave Bournemouth a lead after 20 minutes.The Blackpool fans got right behind the players to try and urge them into the game but it was evident that they had had the stuffing taken out of them.Aluko nearly bagged a second but saw his shot his the post and go wide.

HT

Blackpool boss Ryan knew that the team-talk at half-time would be the only chnace he would have to change his players mindset.He got it spot-on and to the delight of the home fans they came roaring out of the tunnel.The fans saw the enegery and excitement and the noise levels soared.Blackpool came close from a McClearly free-kick.A flying save kept Bournemouth ahead.But Blackpool drew level soon enough when a shot from Caputo was parried staright to the greatful O'Brian who slotted it home.Amazingly Blackpool went ahead 1 minute later.A sloppy backpass saw Kirkland in trouble.Caputo intercepted it and passed the ball into the net to send Blackpool ahead

FT

EC106 Forumers

Div 1

Arsenal-Aaron Dhandl

Blackburn- ReddevilFC

Bolton-Mr MCFC - (inactive ?)

Burnley-Darkblade

Coventry-Skybluelee

Darlington-Realm of Decit

Man city- Plan-B- (inactive ?)

Newcastle- Butler

Southampton-Sambalele

Sunderland-CraigJohnson

West Ham United-Make Belive Make Be- (inactive ?)

Wigan-Andrew Smith

Div 2

Birmingham-Synyster - (inactive ?)

Carlisle-Philippe Nguyan

Cardiff- Jarred18134

Charlton-Dean 89

Crystal Palace-Paul Holt

Fulham-Saint

Huddersfield-Dermo

Liverpool-Torres+Gerrad

Middlesborough-Pigib

Millwall-Longnose vc

Norwich-Td123 - (inactive ?)

Plymouth-Gosgossy8- (inactive ?)

Preston-James B-16

Sheff Wed- Baseball Furie

Stoke city-Chris Haxo

Watford-Kaito

Div 3

Barnsley-Footballer

Bradford-Monty

Brighton-Hugano-(inactive ?)

Bristol rovers- Liam Smith-(inactive ?)

Crewe-DrSeanFitz

Doncaster Rovers-Navin Legend

Gillingham-Jake MCFC

Hull-Igor-(inactive ?)

Ipswich-Mad Leprechaun- (inactive ?)

Leicester city- Swfcladie

Leyton Orient- Zakkoo

Notts forest- Redevil 909000

Notts County-Nick Justice

Oxford-Dave Belkavitz

Port vale-Tiesto

QPR-Dai

Reading-Mr Razzcocks

Swansea- Hrvatska

Tranmere-Andersonisthefuture

Yeovil-Bcfc12345

Div 4

Blackpool-Clarkey

Brentford-Dazino

Bristol city- Turna (inactive ?)

Colchester United - Drag9

Luton-Az - (inactive ?)

Northampton-Sean

Peteborough -Wesley Sneijder

Rochdale-1 Cap Wonder

Shorpe-J C

Southend-Machine

Swindon-Singh is King

Walsall-Innicrock - (inactive ?)

Wycombe - MrMalcom

61 ? out of 80

By inactive I mean inactive on the forum, not the game.

Anyone spot any mistakes ?, please let the me know via the other thread.

EC106 CLUB UPDATE

Last log in dates

Tottenham Hotspur 29 Sep 2009 - MAYBE AVAILABLE FRI 30TH OCT

Bolton Wanderers 2 Oct 2009

Manchester United 7 Oct 2009

Bristol City 8 Oct 2009

Please watch the 106 threads for further updates.

:):):)

Cardiff 2-1 Watford

Santana 36

Podolski 54

Lafita 72

lafita.jpg

Lafita celebrates his goal

Cardiff moved within 3 points of leaders Liverpool with a 2-1 win over Watford. The first half saw chances few and far between. Cardiff's best chance fell to Lafita who's inswinging cross flew over the heads of ongoing attackers and into the crossbar. However Watford had the last laugh of the half when Santana headered home a corner in the last chance of the half to put the visitors 1-0 up.

Niang was played through on the keeper in the 52nd minute but Rost pulled off a miracle save. And the miss was made to look worse when Podolski collected a brilliant cross from Liedson and slotted home to equalise. The Portuguese international was taking on a play maker role as he constantly dropped back to receive balls from Ze Roberto and Viera. Another brilliant cross from him saw Podolski's bicycle kick cleared off the line by Krygiakos. Minutes later it was again Liedson putting the balls into the box and another brilliant ball found Spaniard Lafita who volleyed home past the motionless keeper- his second goal in two games for Cardiff and Liedson's third assist in 2 games. Obraniak had a chance to draw level but somehow missed an open goal. Cardiff stay 4th but manager Jared moves to first in the manager standing in the setup.

Man of the Match: Liedson

Flop of the Match: Gilberto Silva

Cardiff Line-up Name (match rating):

Rost (7)

Mellberg (6) Cata (5) Diaz Kaladze (6)

Gilberto Silva (3)

Lafita (7) Ze Roberto (6) Viera (7) Vucinic (6)

Liedson (8-MOTM) Podolski (7)

Bench: Tedesco, Hughes, Mancienne Acosta (Podolski 75-8) Malecki ( Vucinci 75- 8)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

QPR 0-3 OXFORD UTD

Oxford Utd came to Loftus Road today knowing that they would have to fight to take anything from the match, and fight they did. Once again, the paupers of the Third Division showed their true grit when they took on and completely outplayed the London side.

In an evenly balanced first half, with both teams going close, it was Milan Badelj who broke the deadlock in the 41st minute when he beat the offside trap and coolly placed the ball beyond Dimitar Ivankov in the QPR goal. HT 0-1

The second half opened with Oxford Utd taking the initiative to the home side and as they started to bombard the QPR goal, it was just a matter of time before Oxford Utd made the breakthrough, and it came in the 63rd minute when Antonio Eder scored his tenth goal of the season to put Oxford Utd firmly in the driving seat. 0-2.

In the 74th minute, Santos Weldon scored goal number twelve from twenty one starts this season and also took Man Of The Match for the second week running. 0-3.

Darel Russell should have made it four in the dying minutes but let an easy chance slip away. FT 0-3.

Coach David Belkevitz said after the match, "We completely outplayed QPR and that is no easy feat, they have been struggling lately but they have a lot of quality players so I'm very pleased with taking another three points away from home. We are in thirteenth place and looking quite good for a middle of the league spot. With all due respect to Yeovil Town and Notts Forest, unless they start picking up points very soon, then they are down, so that leaves only one slot to fill, and I'm confident that it won't be us. Our strikers are firing on all cylinders at the moment and young Koutsianikoulis has seven to his credit from the wing so it's looking healthy for us. We have tightened up at the back since bringing in a couple of old heads and skipper Sam Ricketts coming back after around six weeks out, so I'm happy with everything and I'm looking forward to playing Reading next."