English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Nene and Traore to Cardiff

nene%20park%20asm%20monaco.jpg

Nene (left) celebrates after scoring a goal

Cardiff City have made two major additions to their squad. AS Monaco's star winger, Anderson Nene, who has scored 9 times in 10 games to be Ligue 1's top scorer to date, has completed his 7 million pound move to Wales. He has been a confirmed starter against Charlton tonight. Manager Jared will be hoping he has the same effect as past signings Lafita and Liedson.

Also signed by Cardiff was Argentinos Juniors based defender Sammy Traore. The Malian who made a name for himself while playing for French heavy weights Paris Saint Germain, played fro Bradford City at the back end of season 7 also featured in season 8. However he was sold before season 9 started. Traore will not play against Charlton as his move is still subject to a medical.

Manager Jared who earlier made headlines about his opinion on Joe Hart said this about the transfers, 'I am thrilled with both these signings. Nene has been in blistering form and is a real chance of a rating rise. Traore, who was a regular at PSG, is also an exciting signing as he adds depth to a defence that was weakened due to the sale of Dragutinovic.'

Campbell Dismisses Toloi Claims

northampton_town_logo_203x152.jpg

Cobblers manager Sean Campbell has laughed off suggestions that Brilliant-Brazilian

Rafael Toloi will leave he club.The Brazil u21 international has been solid at the back

for Northampton Town with 13 apperances with 2 goals.Chairman David Cardoza has

admitted Crewe among others are interested but the club will not be selling him anytime

in the foreseeable future. He was bought for a mere 750k of Wolverhampton Wanderers

and was Campbell's first signing.

Sean Fitzpatrick will bid £11m to capture Brazil star Toloi. The Northampton board may sell Toloi in order to raise the £22m to capture their long term target Jean Pierre Gignac from Crystal Palace.

The Star

He had this to say in response to the Star's Article:

Utter' date='utter garbage there's no truth in the matter whatsoever.He is our Rock and I wouldn't sell him for any less than 15m at least.The lad is a great player and if anyone ever feels down he always comes and lifts their spirits.Rafa's form has been great this season and that's why I'm appointing him captain of Northampton Town F.C for the rest of the season.[/quote']

0,,16765835-EX,00.jpg

Toloi seen training for Northampton early this morning.

Johnson Hits Back At Outgoing Stars

sunderland.gif

Sunderland manager Craig Johnson was quick to quash any idea of dressing room upset following the departure of both key men Raul and Guiza. The Mackem's gaffer was quick to point out the reasons why the disgruntled Spanish duo were booted from the club in a frank press conference ahead of tonight's game at Arsenal.

Johnson said of the sales:

"Look, their attitudes stunk. It only took a couple of days working with them to see that they were so far removed from reality, thinking they were the be all and end all at this club while picking up massive wages for poor performances that I had to act.

They spent more time grooming than training, and it was probably best for the club as a whole if we got rid of the prima donnas and concentrate on players who are in it for the long haul with us.

Anyways, we recouped about 40m and I'm in negotiations to bring in 4/5 players who will help the depth and balance of the squad, as opposed to relying on 2 oily Spaniards who play when they fancy it"

When pushed on the names of the potential targets Johnson was quick to dampen the spirits of the gathered journalists looking for a scoop

"Well we're close on 4 or 5 as I've said, but the 3 we're closest to are all Japanese internationals - Ba-Ta'd Feesh, Moo-shee Pees and So-gee Chips. A deal for Vee-na Gar fell through."

Johnson has been quick to try and revamp the squad he took over 4 days ago, lots of swap deals going on with teams all over the world in order to try and find the right formula to lift Sunderland from 14th in the table.

Johnson's signings so far include Michael Rensing, which raised a few eyebrows, but Johnson is in no doubt the stopper is just in a temporary dip in form, and will be an excellent signing in the long run.

340x.jpg

Rensing: Johnson has high hopes for the stopper.

"Michael is an excellent 'keeper who I'm overjoyed to have here. He's a long-term investment, and one I feel will come good in time"

Johnson is a self-confessed advocate of competition for places, as well as a good young feel to the side. His other signings to date are:

Radek Sirl - £1.7m + Fabricio Fuentes

Humberto Rever - 0 + Tomasso Rocchi

Mate Junior Simao - £6m + Elderson Echiejile

The next topic involved the comments attributed to Hatem Ben-Arfa, wha has apparently told close friends he wants a move away from Sunderland, mainly because of Johnson's supposed "questionable" training methods. Johnson was quick to dismiss the claims as rubbish.

"The boy hasn't said anything to me. I told the lads when I came in that there'd be changes in the setup and I fully intend to see that through. I operate an open door policy, anyone can come and speak to me about anything they are unhappy with, and as of yet no-one has come to see me with concerns"

When asked about the game tonight against an Arsenal side currently languishing in 15th, one place below Johnson's side, he had this to say.

"I'm not gonna sit here and say I expect a win because I don't. They are at home, they've got an excellent squad, and how they are where they are defies belief. My side will go there and give 100%, and that's all I can ask for while I'm still in the process of changing the system, tactics and personnel here. We're a work in progress, we have got a chance if we stick to the game plan but only time will tell."

Preston break the bank for Brazilian ace

Preston North End have completed the club record signing of Brazilian striker Nilmar from Charlton.

The 25 year old moved to Deepdale for a fee of £14m, surpassing the £10m paid to Parma for full-back Glen Johnson.

Manager James Burrow was absolutely delighted with the capture of Nilmar:

"Nilmar is a gifted player who I was shocked to see on the market for so cheap. We have needed a marquee signing for a while now, and I think Nilmar is just that player. He will provide cover for Jovetic who seems to have lost his goalscoring touch since the whole footballing world is looking at him."

Nilmar is on the bench for tonight's game with Aston Villa, with veteran defender Sami Hyypia also set to make his debut.

In other transfer news, Preston have been refused permission to speak to Fulham midfielder Michael Ballack, after the club rejected a fee believed to be around £18m.

SoccermanagerTimescopy.jpg

Striker Lazovic completes his move to Charlton

PRO_448610_DankoLazovicPSV_juichtcl.jpg

Danko Lazovic: Nilmar's replacement

Bordeaux striker Danko Lazovic has completed his move to Charlton Athletic after passing his medical and signing a four-season deal. The 26-year-old striker will provide another option for manager Dean Bryant in Addicks frontline. It is understood that the signing of Lazovic will be the replacement for departed Honorato Nilmar who joined Preston in a £14m deal. Several hundred Addicks fans were at the stadium to welcome Lazovic, who hopes to help the ambitious club with the goals which they failed with Nilmar. Nilmar has failed to impress in his second season with Charlton as he failed to find the net in his thirteen league appearances this season.

"There are a lot of expectation from the fans and club but I am ready with the new challenge," Lazovic told the club's website. "They signed me because they want a striker who are proven goalscorer and I want to repay them with the goals."

Charlton sign Puygrenier as Monaco sign Boumsong

puygrenier-contre-toulouse.jpg

Sébastien Puygrenier: Completes move to Charlton

Jean-Alain Boumsong's dreadful season with Charlton Athletic has finally come to an end after his swap deal with Monaco's Sébastien Puygrenier was completed this afternoon. The 29-year-old Frenchman and his French counterpart, 27, have switched clubs, with the French side - in addition - receiving an undisclosed cash sum, understood to be in excess of £600k.

Boumsong's departure comes days after he has turned down a move to Lyon. Puygrenier becomes Charlton's second defender to arrive this season after Daniele Gastaldello. Addicks boss Dean Bryant is confident he can make a big impression at The Valley. Dean told the club's website: "I think Puygrenier can be a really good player for us. He's strong in the air and has the physical to play in this competitive league."

Guest 1CapWonder

cubaHeaderWrap.jpeg

Sutcliffe Demands A Fight

0,,10794~4333296,00.jpgboyd_george.jpg

Lambert is still missing whilst Boyd is suspended

Rochdale boss Sutcliffe today demanded that his players scrap for results in what is turning out to be a bumpy middle period of the season for his team. Early on, Rochdale were scoring goals for fun with Lambert and Kitson firing on all cylinders. However, Lambert has been out long term and now their main provided George Boyd, is serving a suspension and Dale have been finding it extremely difficult to cope.

The problem is, we have a very small squad. None of our Youth Team players have been ready to make the step up yet, which is understandable. I trust my backup players immensely. Players such as Tom Kennedy and Gary Jones would walk into any other club in this division, however they have not been part of a settled side this year. I have identified my best XI early on and we have been settled and solid. Now we have had a couple of knock backs and we are having to draft players in. It is up to them to go and get a result. Right now, I don't care how we do it. If we can keep playing football, great. If we have to role up our sleeves and get our hands dirty than I am more than prepared to do that.

And it seems Dale might just have to. They play against a very good Wycombe side, managed by the quite reserved yet excellent Mister Malcolm. Though his team have been shaky as of late, and lie 11th, they got their first win in a long time last Saturday and will be looking to build on that away to Dale. Sutcliffe's team are 2nd, 2 points off the top. Shorpe are away to playoff hopefuls Grimsby, leaving a chance of an upset. Dale will certainly hope so...

coca_cola_logo.jpg

BadgeGillingham.gif

Gillingham set to splash out on un-named Defender

Brentford+v+Gillingham+Coca+Cola+League+Two+2W9LPVR_u0pl.jpg

(Gillingham are in need of a CB to strengthen their back 3.)

Earlier this hour new is coming out of Division 3 side Gillingham that they are in line to snap up an un-named defender from an external club. It is thought that Gillingham have around £7.8 million pound in their bank after letting several youths leave back to their preferred club where they started their carreer. No name has been given to our resources on who the player is and where he is coming from but he is said to be a very experienced play that will strengthen the Gillingham defence alot. It is thought that the Gillingham defence is needed after they conceded 3 against Hull City on the weekend but still come out winners 4-3. Their is no news on wether the unknown CB will complete he's medical at the club before tonights game against Swansea at Priestfield.

Gomis Leaves For Arsenal

116160489418Gomis.jpg

Tranmere have sold their main man Bafetimbi Gomis to arsenal for a fee of 17million pounds with German 18 year Toni Kroos old swapping the Emirates for the promise of Prenton Park. This season Gomis has not been recreating the heights of last season where he hit the back of the net 20 times in 35 appearences, only managing 3 goals in 18 appearences. This was thought to be the main factor of Tranmere gaffer chewett deciding to sell the french international. Now the search is on for a new striker with Chamakh, Dzeko, Jovetic and pastore all on Tranmere's rader. Some of the transfer fee will also be used to strenghan in other area's with a new CB, Midfielder and a RB on top of the list.

In other news the poor table posistion of Tranmere has got to change with the chairman demanding results soon or the managers post could be under scrutiny. To build on the recent 4-1 victory over ipswich Tranmere travel to Port Vale in a must-win game if Tranmere are to get the promotion they crave.

Swindon Town subject of SMFA enquiry

Preston North End have reported Swindon Town to the SMFA after the club breached transfer regulations over the sale of Ranieri Sandro.

The Brazilian signed a contract with Swindon only last year, but included a £10m release clause into the deal, meaning that if another club are willing to pay that amount, the club must accept and give the player permission to talk to the club. Swindon have rejected the offer, falling foul of this rule:

"We will take this to the courts if needs be. We have made a perfectly legitimate offer which is equal to the players minimum fee, which means that Swindon cannot reject the offer, it has to be considered by the player. We are confident that the SMFA can enforce this rule and we can sign Sandro soon."

Preston are no stranger to the SMFA, earlier this season allegations that the Lilywhites had tried to tap-up Birmingham's Marouane Chamakh were proved false, and after a fierce legal battle, the club managed to secure the free transfer of Mark Noble to Preston from West Ham using the 'Steven Pressley' ruling.

Guest drseanfitz

Yeovil Town 1-2 Crewe Alexandra

S.LÉONI 58

M.FRIEDRICH 12

B.RUIZ 79

Possession

41% 59%

Total Shots

17 15

Shots On Target

8 6

Corners

6 8

Yellow Cards

0 0

Red Cards

0 0

12: GOAL!! - Receiving the ball on the right Manuel FRIEDRICH skips inside his marker and curls in a shot from 25 yards!

58: GOAL!! - A foraging run and strike by Stéphane LÉONI sends the crowd wild! One for the scrapbook!

79: GOAL!! - The ball is played square to Bryan RUIZ on the edge of the box who rasps home a screamer!

An out of sorts Crewe gained a hard fought victory against a Yeovil side that has somehow managed to lose 15 games on the trot.

Manuel Friedrich and Bryan Ruiz both scored their first Crewe goals to help the away side to a much needed away win.

3 outstanding goals lit up an exciting, good natured game, that saw no bookings, and both teams received a standing ovation from the 4,683 crowd.

bryanruiz62652.jpg

Match winner Ruiz

RICHARDSON DELIGHTED WITH THREE POINTS AND CLEAN SHEET AT LONG LONG LAST

Brentford 1-0 Northampton Town

Brentford manager Darren Richardson could not hide his delight at his sides clean sheet and solid performance in their victory tonightat Griffin Park. It was a hard fought match that was played at a high tempo with chances at either end. With nine minutes remaining, Mendes Elias got on the end of a Mame Diouf through ball and showed good composure to finish neatly just inside the far post.

In truth Brentford were marginally the better side but Town keeper Abbiati was in great form keeping the bee's at bay on numerous occasions. It never looked like staying 0-0 and the major shock was that it took 81 minutes for the opening goal.

It was a good confidence booster for the defensive aspect of our game. Overall we maybe just edged it but Northampton gave us a good game. I dont think they will stay in 18th for too much longer if they can continue to play like that and start to convert their chances. From our point of view, I felt we passed the ball and held onto it very well. We created several chances and their goalkeeper has played very well and frustrated us a few times. I am just glad we managed to get the goal and the three points.

Colchester United are up next for Brentford in what should be a tough game for both sides. Under new management Colchester have thrived in Division four but they suffered a 3-0 defeat to Rushden & Diamonds tonight which Richardson will no doubt have sent scouts to take note.

Match Preview

Division 2

middlesbrough-fc.thumbnail.gif 0 v 0 Millwall.gif

The much anticipated match between Middlesbrough and Millwall ended in a goaless draw with a less than impressive performance from the home side with Millwall dominating the play and they should have come away with all 3pts but for the Boro keeper Carlos Kameni.

Millwall got straight down to buisness with on loan signing Daniel Montenegro making a strong case for a permanent move with a crisp strike that just drifted wide into the side netting Boro though despite being out played did create chances and just 2 minutes after Montenegro's narrow miss Jose Maria Guti went just as close at the other end both sides continued to create chances through the first half and Millwall's recent signing Craig Gordon proving himself a worth replacement for Faryd Mondragon at the other end towards the end of the half Daniel Montenegro once again showed his skill this time from 25yds out with his drive hitting the crossbar.

Shortly after the restart formet Boro player Óscar Ahumada almost had 20,000 enemy's when almost putting the visitors 1-0 from the 6yd box however the relief of the Boro fans his shot only found its way into the arms of the Boro keeper shortly after that Mauro Boselli almost did the same as the earlier game in the season between these two side however his shot drifted just enough to hit the post he went close against just 6 minutes later when excellently meeting a cross but headed just wide towards the end of the match Boro had by far there best chance when Jose Maria Guti was gifted a free header but he failed to connect properly with the ball and it was an easy save for Gordon this released Millwall on the counter attack and gave them there best chance of the game when once again Oscar Ahumada had the chance to ruin Boro's night but his tap in from close range was laughable and bounced wide with just minutes to go Millwall should have been reduced to 10 men when Mauro Boselli was booked for hacking down a Boro player and only recived a yellow card despite being booked for Violent Conduct a sad end to a good match.

Middlesbrough laugh off intrest in Luis Nani from Leyton Orient

16289_badge.jpg

nani.jpg

Middlesbrough boss Philip Gibbon has laughed off recent intrest in winger Luis Nani from Leyton Orient saying the winger wont be leaving anytime soon after signing a new 5 year deal at the start of the season and i doubt Leyton Orient could afford him also i doubt Luis will want to drop down a division again

Bassong Signs For Tranmere

_45840259_bassong226_gtty.jpg

The man-in-demand Cameroon internatinal Sebastien Bassong has signed for division 3 side Tranmere Rovers from Division two side Millwall. The deal is thought to be around 12 million pounds with dainelli signing for Millwall for around the 10 million pound mark. The deal is seen as a great bit of business for both parties. Tranmere get a young and very talented defender where as Millwall gain 2 million pounds and a very experienced defender to help get to the promise of the play-offs. Bassong signed for Millwall back in season two for 3.2 million pounds and has since represented the London outfit 231 times and chipping in with 17 goals. The Cameroon internatinal has represented his country twice and scoring once. Tranmere gaffer Chewett spoke to TranmereTV ''I cannot tell you how delighted I am with this signing. Sebastien is not only a great, great talent, he's also a great lad and has settled in already. I would like to take this chance to thank Dainelli for his excellent services to this great club''

Return of "Stevie G".

First there was the return of Ian Rush and then there was the return of the Kop favourite Robie Fowler and now it looks as if Tom Field has struck a deal to bring Steven Gerrard back to Anfield.

These rumors have been coming through from telegraph.co.uk who have claimed that Kaka will be leaving Anfield to make way for Steven Gerrard.

If rumours are true then this will be a big boost for Tom Field who is likely to be appuladed for his commitment to bring the englishman back to Liverpool after a week of hard negoiting with his good friend Aaron in charge of Arsenal.

Are the glory days going to come back to Anfield?

images%5Cpictures%5Cplayers%5Csteven-gerrard.jpg

Preston sign Ferreira is short-term deal

Preston North End have completed the signing of Portuguese international right-back Paulo Ferreira on an emergency one month loan deal. The veteran defender will provide back-up for ever-present Glen Johnson, who has felt the pressure of 16 games for Preston and an international call-up.

Johnson is expected to start against Cheltenham at the weekend, with Ferreira on the cards to make his debut against Derby County.

In other transfer news, Preston have issued a hands-off approach to Liverpool regarding teenage defender Emiliano Insua. The ex-Liverpool trainee has recently broke into the first team at Preston due to injuries to Fabio Aurelio and Leighton Baines, and manager James Burrow looks set to keep hold of his Argentine kid:

"Insua is going nowhere, especially not to Liverpool. He used to play there before being sold, who would want to return to a club which they were sold from? So far Insua has made 10 appearances for Preston, 9 from the bench. If he can achieve ten starts, I'll be happy with his progress."

Burrow also rubbished talk that the club were set to buy Arsenal's Steven Gerrard.

"I dont think Gerrard would move to the club. We have the money, but a player of Steven's calibre deserves to be playing at a top flight club."

Liverpool Weekely

At the heart of all Liverpool news.

Liverpool.gif

This week has been a busy and successful week for Liverpool as they have had lots of transfer news to talk about including words of Gerrard returning which will please all fans.

Story 1: Insua wants to return: This news has come from the preston training ground that former Liverpool LB Insua is wanting a return to Liverpool and is currenly talking to boss James to ask him to seal a move to his "favourite club" after a new liverpool manager has decalred intrest in him and he agrees with his policies.

insua.jpg

Is this what the future holds for Insua?

Story 2: Liverpool agree to sell players: It is thought that Liverpool will be looking for buyers of current loaned out pair MIGUEL LOPES, Hugo and OBRADOVIC, Ivan after the manager deciuded that "..they were no longer in his plans and that he is willing to listen to any money offers for either of them.." . It is thought that Ivan will be able to go for 7mill and Hugo for 5 mill.

Story 3: Etoo ready to move: Rumour has it that etoo will also be joining Liverpool along with Gerrard with another unknown liverpool player leaving in the opposite direction.

etoDM_468x625.jpg

Preston deny Fabio link

Preston North End manager James Burrow has firmly denied the club are in negotiations to sign Brazilian full-back Fabio Da Silva.

Known as 'Fabio' the youngster is the identical twin brother of Preston defender Rafel, who has emerged into the first team recently. Burrow denied these comments, saying that it must be a slow news day if Fabio is being linked with us.

"Maybe six months ago, then maybe, but certainly not now. Thats old news."

fabiorafael.jpg

Fabio (left....or is it right? Im sure it's left. I'll double check, but Im sure he's the one on the left. Which one's the one with the bigger nose?) has been linked with Preston since Rafael (the other one) has been at the club

Preston have also denied that Peter Crouch has requested a transfer, saying that the lanky centre forward couldn't be happier at the club:

"Peter is in really good form at the moment. People thought that the signing of Nilmar would spell the end of Crouchie's career, but with the new formation, Crouch looks set to be ever-present in the starting XI."

Zak Cluer's Reaction To Pipgibs Statement, "I feel Sorry for him"

In a confrence ahead of tonight youth cup tie against Sunderland, Zak had this to say "I feel sorry for him, the fact that he has to pick on lower league teams, because he is overshadowed by much better managers in is league is kinda pathetic. I mean up against managers such as Paul Holt, Dave Izod, James Burrow & Dean bryant he just doesnt stand a chance, so instead he comes down a league and singles out a team and what? Trys to critisise their financial stature...Well Done, takes a great manager and a big man to do that!...Pathetic!"

Leyton Orient chairman speaks out over Boro manager Pipgib's comment over Orients financial status, "Leyton Orient compared to 90% of division 3 teams are very well off and we dont need to prove it because some poncy little manager cant keep his mouth shut."

Guest 1CapWonder

Sutcliffe - I Am Mike Bassett

england-badge.jpg

Sutcliffe Issue's Stand By Me Plea

Whilst Sutcliffe leaves for Venezuela tonight, he will be thinking long and hard about Mike Bassett. The film he claims is an "inspiration" and one of his "favourites of all time" needs to be replicated if England are to pick up their act and qualify for the World Cup. Like Bassett, Sutcliffe came from the Lower Leagues having faired well, to pick up the National Job to the shock of the football world and the country alike. From here, the story runs true. Sutcliffe has suffered shocking results, drawing at home to Saudi Arabia and losing away to Paraguay. The iconic film shares the experience to a tee. Bassett came under immense scrutiny for the media and lost his rag when it came to the big game, claiming England will be playing 4-4-2. Sutcliffe's career as England boss runs identical. He ranted to the harrowing press that England will be playing that exact system tomorrow, in order to get the results necessary.

article-0-033D9D850000044D-151_224x359.jpg

Bassett: Sutcliffe's hero and mentor through this difficult stage

Bassett got the results. Came back not as a winner, but not as a failure. Sutcliffe will be praying for the result, that turns everything round and gives him the welcome Bassett got when stepping off that plane and returning home.

SUTCLIFFE LIKE BASSETT "NOT GOOD ENOUGH" CLAIMS HOLT

Caracas.jpg

As the France and Crystal Palace manager jets off to Caracas tonight to see his beloved England play in the beautiful South American country of Venezuela, Holt was able to give a quick interview for the surrounding media..

"He (Sutcliffe) has a lot to prove doesn't he?" exclaimed Holt. "I hope the journey is worth it. He has seen his side play two poor games and he's making a point of playing 4-4-2. This is in itself sounds like a lack of both confidence and ability. Id be interested to see who he plays up front too. Heskey has been playing poor for us (Palace) but he has still been scoring goals. He keeps going on about Mike Bassett, that awful character from that awful film. He (Bassett) was never good enough to manage a fictional England and Sutcliffe isn't good enough to manage the real England."

venezuala_miss_l.JPG

Is Holt going to Venezuela to grab himself yet another Spanish wife?

Asked if Holt would Praise Sutcliffe if England were to win against Venezuela.....

"Praise? I dont give that out too cheaply, and unless England win 7-0 then i certainly wont be praising Elliot. If they win I may possibly congratulate him but thats it. And if he loses God help him!"

1205819506fVenezuela_flag(1).gif

Guest drseanfitz

Diouf shocks 2 managers by demanding transfer

Senegales forward Mame Diouf sensationally demanded a permanent move away from Gresty Road. The 21 year old, who has been in sensational form this season at Brentford. shocked both Crewe boss Sean and Brentford boss Darren with the faxed transfer demand earlier today.

Rumour has it that Diouf has been seen talking to Tranmere officials recently, however all clubs involved refused to comment on this allegation.

Diouf will be recalled following Saturday's game and will be available for a cash deal following that.

mamediouf75785a.jpg

Now the stats away from 106:

On 17 July 2009, Molde and Manchester United announced that a transfer was agreed for the player. Diouf has been loaned back to Molde for the reminder of the 2009 season, and will join up with his new team mates in Manchester in January 2010.

He has hit 15 goals this season in the league in 28 games, and will almost certainly go up to 86.

RICHARDSON ADMITS INTEREST IN SIGNING DIOUF ON PERMANENT DEAL

Crewe announced that forward Mame Diouf has sent a fax to both Crewe and Brentford stating his intention to leave Gresty Road as soon as possible. The news was met with shock at all concerned at Crewe.

Brentford are thought to be in talks with Crewe on the matter and it is thought Diouf would be happy to make his loan move permanent. The ball however is very much in Brentfords court.

I have had a brief chat with Crewe on the matter. We know Crewe would prefer the player left after Saturday's match and I can understand that. Of course nobody wants a player that wants to leave do they. I had a chat with Diouf about it on the phone once I heard of his decision and he gave me the positive vibes that he would consider a move here very seriously. We will look at the situation and come to a decision over the next 48 hours as to whether or not we will make an official bid.

coca_cola_logo.jpg

BadgeGillingham.gif

Gllingham and Swansea settle for a draw at Priestfield

610x.jpg

(Rock at the back: Jaliens pictured playing for AZ joined Gillingham this morning.)

After a boring goaless draw at home to Swansea City last night Gillingham are looking to go all out this season and try and get as high up as they can in the league table after another rock has joined the Blues. Ex Az Alkmaar defender Kew Jaliens has joined Gillingham from American outlet Chivas de Guadalajara for a fee thought to be around £7.8 million pounds and Ivan Marcone who hasn't been able to adapt to English football since moving from a free agent in Season 7. Next up for Gillingham on Saturday is a tough trick to strugglers Queens Park Rangers who are one place below Gillingham in the league and a win for Gillingham would push them just above Rangers and slowly creeping to safety.