Venue: The Valley

Stadium Capacity: 27,111

Attendance: 22,471

Referee: Luc Wouters flags_of_Belgium.gif

20_1198938111.gifCharlton Athletic 2-2 Huddlesfield Town36_1203639218.gif

Debutant Lazovic on target

PRO_448610_DankoLazovicPSV_juichtcl.jpg

Debutant Danko Lazovic on target

Charlton new signing Danko Lazovic marked his arrival with a goal in his debut to help the Addicks seal a point at The Valley. Huddlesfield defender Bruno Saltor opened the scoring in the 52nd minute. The home side battled back with two goals in two minutes through Alessandro Gamberini and Danko Lazovic. Salvatore Bocchetti netted his first goal late in the game to give the visitors their deserved point.

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

setanta_sports.jpg

Setanta Interview : Rafel Benitz

Former Swansea manager, and currently Cardiff manager, has came into the studios to have a talk.

How are you feeling at your new team, Cardiff ?

As I said in a past interview I am so happy at Cardiff. The board is the best board I've been under, the fans are the best in the world and the players seem to have more of a desire to win than when I was at Swansea. Swansea's board were not as supportive of my plans and my style of attacking football where I encouraged players to take on their man. But back to the question I'm thrill at Cardiff and so happy that I made the move from Swansea even if it meant my old house was egged- obviously by Swansea fans.

Have you Considerd managing a national team ?

Well I have been contacted by Israel before but due to certain contraints I can't. The missus is already feeling rejected and managing an International team would mean even less time for her and she'd probably dump me. I also had Olof pleading with me to come manage Sweden. I would love to manage internationally but I have to put others like my missus first.

Why did u sell Podolski ?

Well Lukas is a very good player for us and showed this by his man of the match performance. But the club have had long term financial instability and we really need a Middle-Eastern oiler to buy us out (laughs). Seriously, but, when you're a club so close to debt you have to accept a bid if it is sufficient enough. The same applies for Vucinic and our defence. Its a pity as Lukas has done well for us but he had to leave, and pluss i got Jo.

What are you future plans for Cardiff City ?

My future plans are both short and long term. Short term is win automatic promotion- I don't like play-offs as they are too risky! And also hopefully win the sheild or cup as I outlined in the last question. Long term i hope to build a powerful team that can clinch the Premiership while playing brilliant attacking football with a team combining youth and experience.

Thanks for coming in, Rafel.

Rafa+Benitez

Rafel at his interview.

Setanta Headlines :

~ Teams are fighting over Craig Eastmond ! who will get him ? ~ Wigan have compleated in thier signing of Bobo. ~ Youngster Kiern Gibbs has left Presten to join Rochdale for a fee of 5.7 mill ~ Laurent Koscielny has compleated his move to Swansea City ~

Match Report Round 23 - Colchester United vs Brentford

Colchester.jpgColchester 2 - 2 BrentfordBrentford.jpg

(Half Time 2 - 1)

F. Nimani 5

M. Diouf 17

P. Muntwiler 32

E. Souza 70

A battle between to great managers, one being the Colchester manger Dragovic of Croatian decent and the other being the Brentford manager, D. Richardson who is currently leading Croatia very well. Today they battled against each other and managed a 2 - 2 draw. It was a fairly even game with Brenford dominating in possesion with 55% to Colchesters 45% but Colchester had 21 shots to Brentfords 17. The game opened up early on when French striker Federic Nimani who is roumered to leave the club sooner or later open the scoring. It was level soon after when Senegalese striker Mame Diouf put one in the back of the net which was later crossed out when Phillip Muntwiler made it 2 - 1 before the break. With twenty minutes remaining Brazilian red head, Elierce Souza leveled the game up which is how it ended. Colchester will be hoping there 2 games streak without a win next week against tough side who are currently third, Rochdale. This result keeps Colchester in the play off spots in 5th spot, 4 points away from pomotion.

The deadlock was broken 5 minutes in when Federic Nimani, one of the best strikers in the league with 14 goals from 16 games now. A wicked deflection from a fair 25 yards found its way into the bottom corner. Colchester fans were off there feet and it looked to be a great game from then on.

nimani.jpg

Nimani in action.

The equalizer came in the 17th minute when Brentford striker Diouf found the net with an open goal to level the scoring. It was the strikers 6th goal in 19 apperances.

mame-diouf-manutd.jpg

Mame Diouf celebrating his goal in style.

13 minutes before half time was when Swiss midfielder, Phillip Muntwiler found the net with a fantastic chip. A bursting run through the middle managing to take on the whole defence topped his 5th goal of the season with style.

610x.jpg

Philip Muntwiler holding the midfield.

Twenty minutes before the end of the match was when Brazilian and Brentford centre midfielder Souza leveled the scoring away from home with a powerful shot which hit the post and found its way into the back of the net. This sealed a great game, which Dragovic would of hoped to had won.

souzafoto.JPG

Souza before the game.

Man of the Match

diouf_280x390_847773a.jpg

Mame Diouf

Next Match

..%5Cassets%5Cimages%5Clogos%5CRochdaleLogo.gif[3rd] Rochdale vs Colchester [5th]24_1191306687.gif

New midfielder for Cardiff

hedwiges-maduro.jpg

Hedwiges Maduro in action for the Netherlands

Cardiff are set to complete the signing of Dutch international and young Valencia midfielder from Valencia for 8.6million pounds. The move is aimed at increasing the depth in the squad as Maduro can play as a defensive midfielder or anywhere across the defence. Being only 24, it will also be seen as a move to lower the mean age of the first team.

Maduro has 51 dutch caps to his name but has fallen out of Valencia of late and with Patrick Viera being on loan manager Jared was on the look out for someone younger to replace the Frenchman when he returned to Chelsea. With Valencia only having 4 first team defenders with the exclusion of loanee Aaron Hughes, Maduro will also been seen as an player to add defensive depth. The deal also also tempt Jared to play a four man central midfield in a 3-2-2-2-1 formation

He started his career in Ajax and played there for 70 games, notching up 9 goals before moving to Valencia, who he has represented 33 times with one goal and will represent Cardiff if he passes the impending medical.Also set to sign for the Welsh side is German 'keeper Wolfgang Hesl.

yE1670jY.jpg

Division 2

millwall.gif v 18_1216254515.jpg

Millwall 2 Cardiff City 1

Review

A beaming Dave Izod this morning paid tribute to his troops after the Lions picked up a vital 3 points with an accomplished 2-1 win over promotion chasing Cardiff at the New Den last night. In an exciting evenings entertainment witnessed by yet another disappointing crowd of nine and a half thousand, the hardworking Lions took the lead after 18 minutes with Fabien Lemoine’s third goal of the season, a deft header from a Aiden Mcgeady cross. Despite Cardiff’s attacking 3-4-1-2 formation creating numerous half chances, the Lions comfortably retained much of the first half possession and had every right to feel aggrieved when just 7 minutes before half time, the Bluebirds drew level with a Liedson strike. Within minutes of the second half restart Millwall restored their lead as lively striker Ed Grafitte skilfully accelerated through the Cardiff defence before blasting home past a desperate Frank Rost in the visitors goal. The goal proved decisive and with the Millwall midfield dominating their Welsh counterparts, the South Londoners cantered home with ease. Speaking from his home Izod was quick to identify the midfield trio of Lemoine, Ahumda and Montenegro as key to the victory.

‘ I have to say we were excellent last night, more than good value for the points. Cardiff are a good team, but we won battles all over the pitch. I was particularly delighted with the 3 guys in the middle they were disciplined, played it tight and as our over whelming possession suggests, Vierra Tedesco and Requelme didn’t really get a sniff at exerting themselves on the game. In fact I surprised to see that Jared come to the Den with such an open formation, whilst I am the first to admit that he is a talented young manager, you have to question as too the wisdom of over reliance on purely offensive football. Personally I would advise him to urgently reassess his squad and seek to change to a less attacking formation before Cardiff’s drop down the table turns into a nose dive. I can’t overstate how important a win last night was, whilst still in ninth we are now just 1 point away from a play-off spot and more importantly just 3 wins away from guaranteeing 2 cnd division football at the New Den next season. We travel North on Wednesday night for a tough game against an admirable but perhaps 1 dimensional Huddersfield , and with the pressure beginning to tell on the early pace setters a win if we get it, could see us in the top five, Mr Holt'.

Preston trash Cheltenham in 'best performance ever'

Preston NE 4-0 Cheltenham

Preston North End won for the first time in four games with a fantastic display against Cheltenham Town, a side known to be Preston's 'bogey team'

Peter Crouch continued his good form, with two goals last night taking his season tally to six. Ashley Young also got on the scoresheet, with two of his own.

crouchyoung.jpg

Crouch and Young on England duty, on-song for Preston

Preston made one change to the side that drew 1-1 with Aston Villa, Glen Johnson was recalled in place of Rafael. Cheltenham gave a debut to new signing David Suazo, alongside Christian Vieri, who has announced his retirement at the end of the season.

It was Cheltenham who had the best of the early chances, with Jussi Jaaskelainen forced into saves from Mario Vrancic and Moreno Josico. Cheltenham were also lucky to have ten men on the field after just three minutes when Jesus Vazquez was booked for an off the ball incident. Replays showed the Spaniard had raised his hands to defender Sami Hyypia. David Suazo ballooned a shot over the bar before the first real turning point in the game. Cheltenham winger Angel Di Maria looked to be pulled down by Johnson, but the ref waved play on. The on-loan Argentine winger touched heads with Johnson before Johnson fell to the ground like a sack of spuds! Granted, the reaction by Johnson was over-the-top, but Di Maria had to go, and he recieved his third red card of his career.

angeldimaria.jpg

Dejected - Di Maria is sent for a very early shower after just 13 minutes

Preston started to dominate against the ten men of Cheltenham, with Stephen Ireland going close, before bean-pole Crouch got his first of the night. A short corner taken by Ashley Young was picked up by Crouch, who showed great strength to get through the Cheltenham defence before slotting home. That was after sixteen minutes. The rest of the half was fairly even between the two sides, with Cheltenham nearly getting an equaliser against the run of play when the impressive Vrancic hit the bar, but the score remained 1-0 to the home side at the break.

After the break, Cheltenham went close again, Vieri hitting the post with Jaaskelainen beaten. On the hour mark, Preston doubled their lead. Ashley Young lost his marker before volleying home. Visiting keeper Miguel Calero went ballistic at his defence, in particular at Eduardo Alcides, the man marking Young. Preston made three changes after the goal, Phil Jagielka, Emiliano Insua and Mark Noble came on for Matty Upson, Fabio Aurelio and Stevan Jovetic.

Noble almost scored with his first touch but somehow opposition defender Cleber Anderson managed to clear the ball off the line with an acrobatic overhead kick. Anderson's next action was to go in the referees book, a stray elbow caught Phil Jagielka as he jumped to meet Young's corner, and the England defender went off on a stretcher and was given oxygen on the sidelines. His return from injury had lasted all of sixteen minutes. Ten men played ten men for the final quarter of an hour.

jagielkainjury.jpg

A familiar sight - Phil Jagielka lasts 16 minutes on return from injury

Preston made it three with ten minutes to go, Ashley Young outsprited Alcides before cutting back inside to slot home his second of the night. Cheltenham's Mario Vrancic must have thought the goal-mouth was jinxed, after he shot wide of an empty goal. Just before the end, Preston scored the flukiest of goals. Peter Crouch's 25 yard shot cannoned off Teixeira Renan's back before looping over Calero. Thats one for the dubious goals panel but Crouch claimed it.

The final whistle blew and the home crowd left delighted that their club had finally delivered at their home ground. We caught up with manager James Burrow after the game:

"That was perhaps the best I have seen my guys play. For the second consecutive game we have had over 60% of the possession. Considering that our last game was away at Villa Park, thats a fair achievement! The team has gelled now, and I have been able to field a similar side for two consecutive games, which I havent been able to do recently."

He had this to say about two-goal heroes Peter Crouch and Ashley Young:

"Peter is a talented player, with plenty of height. But up to now, we haven't been able to get the best out of him. Alongside Stevan Jovetic, Jov has got the goals and Peter's got the assists, but a striker isn't renowned for his assists. Now, with the new formation, I feel that Crouch could get 20+ goals this season. And Ashley Young deserves praise as well. We are over-subscribed with wingers, £20m of wingers was left sat in the stands. His two goals tonight showed off his two greatest assets, his pace and his agility. One thing I would like to highlight is that they are both English players, and with the national side's indifferent start to World Cup Qualifying, maybe these two should be given a chance."

Finally he updated us on Phil Jagielka's situation:

"Poor Jag, he's spent more time in the treatment room than on the pitch. I put him on the bench tonight as I thought he wasn't ready for a full 90 minutes, and then gets elbowed to the face after 16 minutes, which by the way should have been a sending off! Phil was concussed and landed funny on his ankle. We expect him to be out for two weeks, but James Tomkins is more than capable of stepping up to the plate."

Preston travel to Pride Park to face Derby County, who have been sucked into the relagation battle.

coca_cola_logo.jpg

64_1245405992.jpgQueens Park Rangers 2-4 Gillingham Football Club 33_1191751249.gif

pic109372.jpg

(Gillingham LM Simon Vukcevic hammered the 4th home last night.)

Last night Queens Park Rangers hosted Gillingham at Loftus Road as Gillingham who were 1 place in front of their opponents and a win for Gillingham could take them 3 points clear of the relegation zone. The deadlock was broken just after 11 minutes after Turk Sercan Yildrim banked on a mistake at the back by QPR to slot home he's 5th goal of the season. Gillingham then doubled their lead on the 29th minute after smart footwork by Yildrim teed up an easy finish from Ivorian Bakari Kone to slot home a 2-0 lead at Loftus Road. The Ivorian then grabbed he's second of the night 2 minutes later after a spot kick was converted by the Ivorian to take he's tally up to 9 this season after joining from Sunderland last season for a fee of around £11 million pounds. Their was a response from the slow QPR on the 37th minute but Montenegran Vukcevic hit Gillinghams 4th 3 minutes before half time. Queens Park managed to pull another back early in the second half but the full time score at Loftus road was Queens Park Rangers 2-4 Gillingham. The win for Gillingham see's them go 3 points clear of the relegation zone whilst QPR are dragged down in to the bottom 3 and it's worrieing times at Loftus Road at the moment.

Shortly after the much needed victory at Loftus Road we managed to catch up with Gillingham manager Jake A at the teams hotel after the game with QPR and this is what he had to say to our SkySportsNews reporters, "I am very pleased that we came here and got one over our arch rivals, they needed the win as much as us and I'm glad we came out on top. QPR are going through bad times at the moment but I'm sure that they can bounce back before it gets too late. Next up for us is a very tricky trip to Bradford City who currently sit 3rd in the table and if we get a win I could help my good friend Nick Justice go 6 points clear of 3rd place with a win at Bristol Rovers who are bewow us by 3 points, hope you help us out Nick, haha."

Burrow hints at Nilmar debut

Preston manager James Burrow has hinted that new signing Honorato Nilmar will make his debut in Wednesday night's Division Two encounter with Derby.

nilmar.jpg

Nilmar could make his debut on Wednesday - Burrow

The club-record signing from Charlton has appeared on the bench twice, without entering the field of play, largely down to the form of Peter Crouch. But Burrow may be about to break the partnership of Jovetic and Crouch yet again.

"Derby are a predominantly Brazilian side, five of the starting XI against Sheffield Wednesday were Brazilian or spoke Brazilian (Joao Guilherme, Edu Dracana, Meireles, Petit and Felipe) I believe that our own Brazilian and Portuguese players may have a slight advantage over them as they can understand their language, whereas our English players may struggle with the language barrier."

Burrow also refused to comment on rumours that Portuguese international defender Paulo Ferreira had signed on loan from Newcastle with a minimum fee clause added.

33_1191751249.gif

French central partnership about to break up?

_45265840_benj416.jpg

(French CM Jeremy Clement has been linked with a move outside of .)

Breaking news this hour on SkySportsNews is surrounding Division 3 side Gillingham after transfers and speculation is surrounding the club this hour. French CM Jeremy Clement has been linked with a move outside Gillingham after a bust up in the training room with team mate Etienne Didot after their 4-2 win over Queens Park Rangers on Saturday night. The French center midfielder has made 24 appearances for Gillingham after joining from Notts County last season for an unknown fee but is yet still to score for Gills.

We caught up with the man behind the action himself, Jake A and this is what he had to say to our SkySportsNews reporter outside Jake's home just on the outskirts of Gillingham, "I can confirm the speculation that Clement and Didot had a bust up in the training rooms after Saturday night's pleasing victory over QPR at Loftus Road. Me, Jeremy and Etienne are set to meet up at around 2pm tommorow to discuss their partnership at the club and wether they will be able to continue, thanks and goodnight."

Guest drseanfitz

Crewe Alexandra 1-1 Bradford City

Half Time: (1 - 1)

D.DUNN 29

C.BELLAMY 42

Possession

51% 49%

Total Shots

14 15

Shots On Target

3 13

Corners

5 8

Yellow Cards

0 0

Red Cards

0 0

Crewe claimed a point as Welsh God Craig Bellamy toe poked in a 42 minute equaliser against high flying Bradford. The 4,173 fans in attendance at Gresty Road were left in amazement as no cards were shown by referee Carlos Chandia despite some rather violent tackling by the away side, including a horrendous tackle by Portuguese defender Tonel on Croatian sensation Luka Modric, that left the midfielder with a badly injured foot, and ruled him out of at least 2 games for Crewe.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

OXFORD UTD 2-3 BARNSLEY

Oxford Utd came out of today's game against their illustrious Yorkshire opponents with nothing but pride in this 3-2 home defeat which puts Barnsley firmly into the reckoning for a play off spot.

In the very first minute the Oxford Utd defence were caught napping as Mark Gonzalez seized on an error and put the visitors 1-0 up. 0-1

Oliveira Reinaldo

279130.jpg

squared things up on the 23 minute mark when his shot somehow scrambled under the Barnsley keeper. 1-1

Oxford Utd more than held their own after their shaky start and went in at half time with their tails up.HT 1-1

Barnsley turned up the heat at the start of the second half and after relentless pressure on the Oxford Utd defence, they finally capitulated in the 55th minute when a weak shot beat Lauro in the Oxford Utd goal. 1-2

Milan Badelj, the 20 year old on loan player from Crewe Alexanderia smashed the ball home in the 60th minute to bring Oxford Utd back on level terms. 2-2

Substitute Eder Luis pounced on the ball in the 74th minute and outstripped the weary Oxford Utd defenders to slam home the winner. 2-3

To make matters worse, Oxford Utd's star striker Santos Weldon,

1146.jpg

was sent off in the 78th minute to add to manager David Belkevitz's worries. FT 2-3

The Oxford Utd coach spoke briefly after the match,

"Once again we matched the big boys but lost out on the odd goal. They were the classier team and probably just edged it today. It was a good match and we could have taken something from the game. It's no disgrace to lose to a team of their calibre, I'm more angry at Weldon's sending off, we will nw be without him just as the league is hotting up, but that's the way it goes."

Guest 1CapWonder

Sutcliffe Shows Faith In Ferdinand, And Bemoans Bellamy's Nationality

england-badge.jpg

The England Manager spoke quickly today on our countries new skipper, and why he will be crowned as a hero come World Cup at the end of the season, which Sutcliffe claims England will be participating in.

rio_ferdinand_1006056c.jpg

Sutcliffe Said:

I've been opening the papers the last couple of days to see Ferguson actually having to speak out on Rio Ferdinand due to criticism he has recieved. I have never seen Rio Ferdinand perform anything but immaculately in my time here, and this kind of press is unwarranted and undeniably brutal. Rio Ferdinand is the classiest defender to have played football in the 21st Century. He is still one of the best defenders in the world and his partnership with John Terry is unbreakable. Jamie Carragher has agreed to play under me, as he knows how highly I rate him and he knows he will play football under me, but right now Rio is one of the first names on the teamsheet. He's one of the coolest men in the dressing room. When everyone else loses their head he is there before I speak. I appreciate that. He is my kind of footballer. For that reason, he is now England Captain. He will be the man to steady the ship and take us to the World Cup, and in his presence, we will qualify.

Before making such a bold statement, Sutcliffe also had time to comment on Crewe's latest big name signing Craig Bellamy, a man he claims to admire and dreams to have in England colours.

craig-bellamy_1367321c.jpg

Sutcliffe Said:

Craig is a tremendous footballer. I am so glad he has finally found a home at Crewe, as that is what he has needed. He was just crying out to be trusted in and given responsibility, as he has under Sean. Craig is not a bad person, just look at the incredible amount of charity work he does, and the way he treats the fans that pay their money to watch him. He's a delight to see in person and on a football pitch. I only wish he was English. To have someone of his capabilities, willing to work and track back, whilst adding so much going forward. On the opposite side of Rooney, those 2 could be lethal. But it's not to be, I'm just dreaming. I feel it only right however, to give this guy some good press, when all he really ever gets is bad. Cracking footballer, cracking person. Best of luck to him and Crewe for the season.

EC106 Times

The Tactics Review

With the ever changing world of football management with more and more non English managers running English clubs the use of the traditional 4-4-2 formation was feared to be on the way out with clubs addopting more european tactics the like of 4-3-1-2, 5-3-2 made famous by West Germany the offensive 4-3-3 and the 4-4-1-1 formation however i happy to report the good old 4-4-2 is still going strong as is the 4-4-2 Diamond formation with these two tactics making up 31.2% of the EC106 tactics used (Based on most recent game)

tacticsbarchart.jpg

Chart from left to right in ordgr as below

tacticsuse.jpg

Guest drseanfitz

Crewe Alexandra 2-1 Shorpe United

Friendly Match - Sunday 1 Nov 2009

C.BELLAMY 70

G.CAHILL 73

F.QUAGLIARELLA 82

Possession

54% 46%

Total Shots

14 8

Shots On Target

4 8

Corners

6 4

Yellow Cards

2 0

Red Cards

0 0

70: GOAL!! - A mix up in midfield enables Craig BELLAMY to run through and confidently slams a low shot past the advancing keeper!

73: GOAL!! - Gary CAHILL finds himself in yards of space and he makes no mistake from 15 yards!

82: GOAL!! - Fabio QUAGLIARELLA rises above the defender and glances a header inside the far post!

Crewe went out tonight with a ghost to bury, and to a degree they did.

Last seasons 6-1 home defeat to Shorpe has hung heavy over Gresty Road since then. With both teams putting out fairly strong sides, 1,318 fans braved the rain to see Crewe record a victory of Johnathan's side.

Craig Bellamy once again found the net for Crewe, making it 3 in 4 since his move.

Both managers were unavailable for comments post match as they hit the bar immediately following the game, with both sets of players due to join them following their showers(It was deemed a bit to risky to let some of the players get drunk before showering:confused:)

Guest drseanfitz

Crewe sign young Argentinian

sna306511682898869a.jpg

Crewe today confirmed the signing of young Argentinian forward Damian Casalinuovo. The 22 year old has signed a 2 year contract following a £550k transfer from Dundee United.

He signed for The Terrors in September and was shipped out to Raith Rovers for a short loan spell, where he was so impressive the Tannadice club recalled him after just 3 games.

He quickly established himself in the first team, and started his last game yesterday against Rangers.

He joins former Dundee United team mate David Goodwillie at Gresty Road.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

ts?t=11692173342267740582&pid=23296&ppid=6

OXFORD UTD BOSS SLAMS STAR STRIKER

Oxford Utd coach David Belkevitz publicly slammed his star striker for being sent off in last Saturday's match against Barnsley. he pulled no punches when he spoke to the press this morning at the Oxford Utd training ground, " Santos knows how I feel about his display on Saturday, not only did it possibly cost us the game, but he is now unavailable for the next three matches and with young Lodeiro suspended too, it is going to leave us with a huge gap to fill. We play league leaders Doncaster Rovers on Wednesday and this has certainly weakened our position. We have been playing well away from home so although I'm not a religious man, I will be praying for a miracle up at Doncaster

:P."

He went on to say,"I have been pleased with the way this season has gone, many had written us off as going straight back down, but we have proved that we are worthy of a Division Three slot and hopefully, with a cash injection, we will make a move on promotion next season. You have to be optimistic in this game or you will perish, as for the game against Doncaster Rovers? Of course I believe we can win, otherwise what's the point of getting out of bed in the morning. I still haven't ruled out us sneaking a play off slot. We came late last season and won through, and I'm aware the class of teams is much higher but I believe that if we can string some results together, then we could easily end up in the mix at the end of the season."

Guest 1CapWonder

Scottish Starlets Sign For Sutcliffe

125px-rochdale_badge.png

Clyde Pair Sign Deals At Dale

_46617618_clydeplayers226i.jpg

Howarth and Stevenson join with big reputations.

2 of Scotlands highest rated young talents joined Division 4 side Rochdale in a deal which cost Sutcliffe a combined 50k, nothing in the modern game. The two youngsters have featured regularly this season for Scottish 2nd Division side Clyde. Despite this, both have been training with Rangers the past week, with a view to a permanent deal. Sutcliffe decided to act before everyone else and with a proven record of improving youngsters had a massive part to play on determining the future of the 2 boys. They will now join up with over 50 other promising youngsters, all due to rise in one way or another and move on whether it be to the first team at Dale or elsewhere. However the progression happens, Stevenson and Howarth should be delighted at the move, as is Sutcliffe. It looks to be a decent investment for 2 youngsters rated both 65 and under at the time being.

The arrival of the Scottish pair, proves costly for 14 Youth Team players, 8 of which have already agreed to be sold at a profit, after not impressing enough to stay for their small rises. Players include Jamil Adam, Nathaniel Pinney and Danny Hylton. Transfer listed youngsters expected to depart within the next week, also include respected young reputations such as Ryan Crowther and David King, players Sutcliffe believes good enough, but who he also believes he can't afford to hang onto any longer.

Scottish Starlets Sign For Sutcliffe

125px-rochdale_badge.png

Clyde Pair Sign Deals At Dale

morton_stevenson(1).jpg

Howarth and Stevenson join with big reputations.

2 of Scotlands highest rated young talents joined Division 4 side Rochdale in a deal which cost Sutcliffe a combined 50k' date=' nothing in the modern game. The two youngsters have featured regularly this season for Scottish 2nd Division side Clyde. Despite this, both have been training with Rangers the past week, with a view to a permanent deal. Sutcliffe decided to act before everyone else and with a proven record of improving youngsters had a massive part to play on determining the future of the 2 boys. They will now join up with over 50 other promising youngsters, all due to rise in one way or another and move on whether it be to the first team at Dale or elsewhere. However the progression happens, Stevenson and Howarth should be delighted at the move, as is Sutcliffe. It looks to be a decent investment for 2 youngsters rated both 65 and under at the time being.[/color']

The arrival of the Scottish pair, proves costly for 14 Youth Team players, 8 of which have already agreed to be sold at a profit, after not impressing enough to stay for their small rises. Players include Jamil Adam, Nathaniel Pinney and Danny Hylton. Transfer listed youngsters expected to depart within the next week, also include respected young reputations such as Ryan Crowther and David King, players Sutcliffe believes good enough, but who he also believes he can't afford to hang onto any longer.

Hyper-linking pics - bad Elliot :P - I'v known websites getting closed for doing that in the past

33_1191751249.gif

Gillingham hearts put at rest after French kiss and make up

gills%20fans%20at%20wembley.jpg

(Didot and Clement put smiles to the Gillingham fans after clearing up their argument on the weekend.)

Gillinghams fans hearts were tonight put at rest after there was new coming out of Priestfield that French stars Didot and Clement have both re-solved their bust up over the weekend against Queens Park Rangers at Loftus Road. Gillingham manager Jake A caught up with the two Frenchmen where they both agreed it was a daft bust up and agreed to play for their dedicated club Gillingham. Both players are thought to be very happy here in Gillingham and both players are fired up for Wednesday's game away to 3rd in Division 3 Bradford City at the Valley Parade.

cardiff.jpg1-0 Swansea_City_A_F_C__logo.gif

Lafita 64

Jared beats former club

Cardiff have progressed to the semi-finals of the shield with a hard fought 1-0 victory over Swansea. The win was made sweater with the fact that manager Jared was managing against his former club and the fact that it was a Welsh derby. He went with a very strong line-up playing a number of first team regulars.

The first ten minutes were all Swansea who bunch of opportunities including one hitting the side netting. Cardiff's first attack came in teh 13th minute with Spaniard Lafita putting a juicy ball into the box but no one could connect with the cross. In the 20th minute Nene gave some inidication as to why his manager bought him with a powerful run that finished with a strong shot that 'keeper Aouate had to fist away. Malecki then weaved some magic and beat 2 defenders but scuffed his shot over the bar. Maduro was then cautioned for a reckless challenge. In the 25th minute Swansea should have been 1-0 up when Bendtner had an open goal to fire at and some how blazed wide.

HALF TIME 0-0

In the first ten minute of the first half both Hughes and Kalinic were cautioned as the intensity of the game started to fire up. Aouate made a string of fine saves before Lafita nutmegged Hoogland, powered past Wisgerhof and unleashed a powerful shot that crashed into the back of the net, 'keeper Aouate had no chance. The goal sent Cardiff fans and players into a frenzy- but the mission was not accomplished yet. Soon after young Hungarian Vladimir Koman, who was playing just behind the strikers, unleashed a stinging shot but this timke Aouate was up to the challenge. Chu-Young Park had a great chance to equalise but his shot was tiped over by Hesl. Torres Juanfran had a open goal to aim at but failed to keep his difficult header down. Then Park glanced another header wide. Rick, Balkan and Liedson came on for the last 15 minutes in place of Acosta, Malecki and Ze Roberto, who had put on a midfield masterclass with Maduro. Balkan did have a chance to extend the lead but fired his shot wide as Cardiff slowed down the tempo and pressed hard to close down the space for the last ten minutes. A massive eruption of joy greated the full-time whistle. One will now question if this win will inspire Cardiff to break their 2 run loosing streak in the league.

Line-ups

Cardiff- (3-5-2) Hesl, Hughes, Traore, Cata Diaz- Lafita- Maduro, Ze Roberto (Rick 75) Nene- Malecki (Balkan 75) Acosta (Liedson 75)

Unused substitutes: Spillane, Tedesco

Goals: Lafita 64

Bookings: Maduro (32) Hughes (52)

Swansea (3-4-3) Aouate- Hoogland, Koscielnky, Wisgerhood- Juanfran, Carlos Sanchez, Janssen, Manini, Bendtner, Park, Kalinic

Unused substitutes- Tristian, Rooney, Gyan, Bostock, Minniecon

Goals: NONE

Bookings: Hoogland (3) Kalinic (56)

yE1670jY.jpg

Division 2

36_1203639218.gif V millwall.gif[

Huddersfield Town v Millwall

Preview

Milwall head to the wilds of Yorkshire on Wednesday night to face Huddersfield town at the Galphram stadium desperately looking to repeat the weekends triumph over play-off rivals Cardiff. The Lions 2-1 victory over the Welshmen leaves them in 9th spot, just 1 point away from the cherished 6th spot as the 2cnd division shapes up for a repeat of last seasons nail bitingly tight run in. Standing in the way of the South Londoners, 12th placed Huddersfield present a tough task at the best of times but with play-off ambitions of there own will no doubt be eyeing up a victory as an ideal opportunity to close the gap on the top six to just three points. The terriers have enjoyed a fine campaign so far and after their promotion as division 3 runners up last season have more than held their own in the hustle and bustle of the second tier. A skillfull and organised side, they also progressed to the 4th round of the English shield, before narrowly being knocked out on penalties by Cardiff. With renown talent spotter and tactician Dermot O'Brien at the helm for the 109th match, Town come to the game on the back of the weekends fighting 2-2 draw at Charlton.

esteban-granero-1.jpg

Esteban Granero

With the return to partial fitness of Esteban Granero, Millwall make the journey with on paper a full squad, but along with Granero, Aiden Mcgeady and new signing Dario ' the ROMAN ' Dainelli all face late fitness tests before confirmation of a starting place. With a strong 30 man first team squad and a vast inferstructure of youth players at his disposal, O'Brien is without the suspended Salvatorre Bocchetti and long term injured Marcus Berg. Earlier on this season the Lions romped to a 5-2 victory over Town at the New Den. An early goal from Grafitte was cancelled out by a Ziani strike before Granero re-established the lead on the half hour mark. The resilient Yorkshiremen once more restored parity 7 minutes into the second half before goals from Dejargh, Lemonie and Ahumada sealed the victory for the South Londoners.

new20setanta20logo-11-thumb.jpg

Setanta Sports News

Setanta Headlines

• Swansea Have gone crashing down in a 1-0 loss to Cardiff City
  • A suprising loss for Southampton sends them out of the Cup.
  • Rumors reported that kalinic is set to leave Swansea.
  • Arthur Boka has now joined VFB Stuggart

Major News

• An all time battle happens this wednesday as First place liverpool, takes on Second place Stoke city. There is nothing sepertating these teams, as they are on equal points as each other. The critics believe it is the game of the season, and with stoke on fine form, the critcs would'nt be suprised if stoke snatched out a win. The betting odds are Stoke City 5/1 Draw 2/1 Liverpool 6/1.
  • There has always been a big riverly between Rochdale and Colchester, as they take on each other this wednesday. Dragovic's Colchester have started to lose form as they havent had a win in 3 games now. Rochdales new signing Gibbs, is set to make his competive debut, and hopes to play a great game. We got Gibbs in our studios. he had to say this
    It's an honer to play at Rochdale, but i am aiming for a place in the starting eleven. Sutcliff is a great manager, and our young team have high hopes, to make it into div 3.
    A win could put both in reach of top spot. The betting odd are, Colchester 3/1 Draw 2/1 Rochdale 4/1. There have also been links of Colchester to sign major players, as his players are set to leave Colchester. We ask Draga if its true ? he had to say
    Yes, i am looking at one or two players to sign. These are too replace the two players i am planning to sell which include Baguire and Gislason. These players have done well at the club but i belive that they dont fit into the squad. I have found two players to replace them which i am happy with and will be hopefully arriving to the club in a week or so.

Fan's Opinions

• Finally Cardiff have won a great battle, hopefully he can take them to the final.
  • I don't think England can make to World Cup, but we just have to see sutcliffs plan
  • Swansea have now proven real thret's with the current transfers, just watch Robert Jarni go
  • Crewe Alexandra should've bought Eastmond, not some unknown Swansea

Please Contact me if wish to be interviewed.

football%20league%202.gif

Div 4 Latest

106_front_small.png82_1194253895.gif1_front_small.png

Walsall Sells Stars to cope with Fiancial crisis

Division 4 Cluib,Walsall Today have decided to sell 4 stars away with the club now entering a fiancial crisis with the club's balance now in negative and Unable to pay wages to the players.They now owe the bank £2.3M and the club is forced to sell away their stars.Heres what Manager Cun jue Peh has to say.

The club is not in a very good position,we started the season brightly,But somehow we didn't get the result we want.The club is now in debt and the only way is to sell away the players,Sadly,the squad is already very weak,But i have to work with the players available,Hopfully,i can reach my target of getting into the top half of the table,as you can see,we are now in 14th position,this is good,we finished 16 last season,which means we have improved,Baros and on loaned star,Welbeck is playing well,But I do think we might have to improve on our defence,We dont have enough Defenders to cope with injueries,so i might have to sell more stars to buy in a new player.

With the news out,Walsall has announced that Argentinian veteran,Dario HUSAIN would be transfering to Macará for £1.1M.Niels VORTHOREN will be moving back to Den Bosch for £916k and so is Roland KIRCHLER moving to SCR Altach for £954k.whereas Dutch midfielder Mike DE GEER whom have not made a apearance yet for walsall would be leaving to ADO Den Haag for £11k.The club would miss Husian and Kirchler after the 2 veterans have made 45 and 36 apearance for the club Respectively.which both have scored 23 goals and made 21 assits for the club.

5.jpg201913_i.jpg

The fans would miss the service of the 2 Walsall Legends.

logo.jpg

Blackpool announce Boom in Shirt Sales

Three%20kits.jpg

Today Divison 4 club Blackpool have announced that in the past 24 hours they have seen a huge spike in sales at the Club Store.In the last 24 hours sales with "Sylvestre" on the back have been sold 25 times alone.Other big sellers are Turkish Hitman "Yildiz" shirts with 21 being sold since yesterday morning.This seems like a vote of support for Ryan as he becomes constantly under more and more pressure.This has been a good source of income for Blackpool this season as all 3 of their kits have sold extremely well.

Heres what Ryan had to say on the latest spike in shirt sales.Its quite amazing.We have been selling quite well all season but we have seen a big lift in sales.This has been good income for the club and we hope that this can continue as a revenue point for the club.Last season Blackpool were in financial hardship and were going in and out of debt.Ryan has steadyied the ship by selling some of his biggest earners.Now he has around 15M left but is struggling to find a player that fits the postition he wants.Rumours have said he has been looking for a striker to partner Yildiz but has been unsuccessful in pursuits of Gomis and Petric.