English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

football%20league%202.gif

Div 4 Latest

106_front_small.png82_1194253895.gif1_front_small.png

Albin EKDAL wants out

"I wished to be transfered!"Said the Young Swedish midfielder,who now is playing in Division 4 side,Walsall.The Swedish today Was given a interview and he officially told the press that he wish to move to a new club.Heres what he said during his interview

Aparently,I havent played a lot of games like the Manager has Promised,Indeedmi played,But just a few games and i dont think i am a player that should be playing second fiddle to Tim DANNEBERG,Lee CATTERMOLE and Kennedy NWANGANGA.I should be playing more,I am should be a 1st team player,not sitting on the bench!I had wait for quite a long time,But still i cant play much,Being a bench warmer is not a very good way to help your career,i think i should move on.Also,I didn't got my pay regularly,I understand the club is in debt but Pay is what players need,Withpout it,how do we live on?Also,I am defenatly not the only player wanting to move,soon there would be more to come.

The swedish Midfielder have already gained interest from Crewe Alexandra and Tranmere Rovers,With Walsall Having big Problems Fiancially now,there is a bigger problem with players wanting out.However,The Walsall manager,Cun Jue peh,is known for his Proud ego,This statement might just land The Swedish Midfielder into a big problem.With Walsall being troubled by so many problems,The Big q now is can the team still fulfill their task?Another interesting question to ask is how would Cun jue Peh react?

article_image_2f3579152cc962d3.jpg

Albin EKDAL and his agent in the interview

Match Preview

Division 2

16289_badge.jpg v Carl_Badge.gif

Middlesbrough go into this weeks midweek match looking to close the 4pt gap between them in 3rd and Liverpool and Stoke who are level on points and occupying the two automatic promotion places.

Middlesbrough have no injury or suspension problems and name a full strength first team for the visit of Carlisle United who have started to find life in the second division hard work currently in 19th place Middlesbrough though will have to be on top of there game with only a 1-0 win to show for in there last meeting with a 4th minute strike the only thing they could get past the Carlisle defence scored by the no longer Boro played Dimitrios Salpigidis it will be up to Christian Benitez for tommorow nights game to score the goals favoured over new signing Gonzalo Bergessio and the out of form Markus Rosenberg.

Carlisle have no injury or suspension worries either however on loan Marvin Compper and key midfielder Francisco Fernando will both need to pass late fitness test

Middlesbrough put Calijuri Maycon on transfer list

maycongomel1.jpg

Middlesbrough have put 23y/o AM/Fwd Calijuri Maycon on the transfer list rated 77 after a 7pt rise back in June the Brazilian who has made 2 league appearances as well as 2 appearances in the cup and an appearance in the Shield he has been give a asking price of £1,000,000 or nearest offer

SoccermanagerTimescopy.jpg

Dean issues Falcao defence

radamel-falcao-garcia.jpg

Radamel Falcao under pressure to find the goals

Dean Bryant has launched a robust defence of Radamel Falcao against claims by many football pundits that the striker has lost his scoring touch. Reports said that the 23-year-old has lost his confidence after failing to score a goal in his last 520 minutes on the pitch and he may struggle to keep his place in the first team for Charlton Athletic with new addition Danko Lazovic has settled fast with a goal in his debut, but the Addicks boss has vehemently defended his forward. Bryant himself called into question Falcao's form last week.

"In my time here, we have always had one of our star players getting criticised when he has a little blip," he said. "It seems to be part and parcel of being a player at Charlton Athletic. We are one of the top teams in Division 2 and we are all aware of that. No player likes to be criticised. We all like to be loved and want arms around our shoulders at times. But he will come out of it - there is no question about that. There is no discernible depreciation in his qualities - none at all."

Nasri: Charlton are starting to find rhythm

Samir-Nasri-5.jpg

Samir Nasri during his interview with The Soccer Manager Times reporter

Charlton Athletic midfielder Samir Nasri believes his team-mates are finally beginning to find their rhythm as they prepare to face Leeds United for the second time in the Division 2 this season. The Addicks had won just three of nine games in September before facing Fulham early last month, when they claim victory at The Valley, but Bryant's men have found some form ever since. They have taken eighteen points from a possible twenty-seven in Division 2, including impressive wins against bigger clubs like Aston Villa and Middlesbrough.

"Little by little, the team is showing its true colours," said Nasri. "We are happy, although we know the road is long. But the positive thing is that I see the team is starting to have confidence in its own ability and that is something which satisfies me."

The Addicks know Leeds will be eager to avenge their last meeting's 2-2 draw. United were forced to share point when Geraldo Wendel's last minute goal destroy their promotion hope in the early stage.

"I don't need to prepare my players for these type of games," Bryant said. "What we hope is to maintain the same high level as we have displayed in recent matches."

History suggest the South Londoners have reason to be optimistic as they have won two in the last three games against Leeds at Elland Road. The good news for the visitors is that defender Micah Richards has fully recovered from head injury that kept him out of Saturday's game against Huddlesfield and will be available to face United. However, Charlton will be without Wendel, who scored the late equaliser in the first meeting between the two, through injury. New signing Danko Lazovic who open his scoring account in his debut last Saturday will lead Charlton's attack alongside on-form Eduardo da Silva.

Leeds also head into the match with renewed confidence after going some way towards redeeming themselves for their winningless run of six consecutive games. They enjoyed a much-needed three points in their 1-0 victory against Watford. United, however, will have to prove their consistency when they lost 2-1 to Stoke City lasy Saturday. Leeds had plenty of heroes in both match but it was Humberlito Borges who stood out, netting a goal in both matches. The Brazilian could hardly have picked a better time to produce such a performance, with both Leeds and coach Hannah Barker under pressure following nine winningless games in their last ten games in all competitions. But the 29-year-old dismissed any suggestion he is the team's saviour.

"I had the fortune to score a goal in each of the last two games, but the team played a great match and we won thanks to the effort of everyone," he said to The Soccer Manager Times. "I'm not the saviour. I don't like that. I'm happy because you don't score goals every day, but I'm not the saviour at all. The merit goes to the team."

Saturday's goal was only Borges's fourth goal of the season in all competitions, but Leeds fans are eager to see the former São Paulo hitman keep his place in the side for tomorrow's game with Charlton. When asked if he would be disappointed to fail to find the net during the match, Borges said: "My confidence is back and if I don't score in the match, winning for the team is much more important to me."

Brentford sign Tremoulinas on loan from Charlton

2479481263_2.jpg

Benoit Tremoulinas joined Brentford on loan

Brentford boss Darren Richardson has signed full back Benoit Tremoulinas on loan from Charlton Athletic for the rest of the season. Charlton, however, has the right to recall the player anytime during the period of stay with Brentford. Richardson has been determined to strengthen his defence with more options on the left back. The 23-year-old French made only a minimal impact on the first team at The Valley after signing from French side Bordeaux in mid Season 7.

He will stay with Brentford until the end of the season under the terms of the deal completed today. The Addicks will have the option on terminating the deal providing Charlton first choice left back Fernando Navarro pick a long term injury. Tremoulinas could make his first appearance for Brentford in Wednesday's home league fixture against AFC Bournemouth.

Pizarro and Pereira unlikely to remain at Middlesbrough

claudio_pizarro.jpg13260_200x250.jpg

Middlesbrough players Daniel Alvaro Pereira and Claudio Pizarro are roumoured to be on the way out of Middlesbrough the duo who are on loan at Blackpool and Northampton look set to leave at the end of the season.

Pereira who is in his 3rd season at Boro has only made 2 appearances for the club in his time at Boro he spent time on loan at Ipswich and Blackpool making 33 appearances scoring 3 and making 4 assists.

Pizarro has made 3 appearances for Middlesbrough since joining the club last season he also made 3 assists Pizarro has been spending most of the season on loan at division 4 side Northampton where he has been performing well making 13 appearances scoring 3 goals and making 5 assists

Brentford sign Tremoulinas on loan from Charlton

2479481263_2.jpg

Benoit Tremoulinas joined Brentford on loan

Brentford boss Dave Richardson has signed full back Benoit Tremoulinas on loan from Charlton Athletic for the rest of the season. Charlton' date=' however, has the right to recall the player anytime during the period of stay with Brentford. Richardson has been determined to strengthen his defence with more options on the left back. The 23-year-old French made only a minimal impact on the first team at The Valley after signing from French side Bordeaux in mid Season 7.

He will stay with Brentford until the end of the season under the terms of the deal completed today. The Addicks will have the option on terminating the deal providing Charlton first choice left back Fernando Navarro pick a long term injury. Tremoulinas could make his first appearance for Brentford in Wednesday's home league fixture against AFC Bournemouth.[/font']

Dave Richardson? It's Darren :rolleyes:

BRENTFORD CLEAROUT ORDERED BY RICHARDSON

Brentford boss Darren Richardson has confirmed that Purcino Joao Paulo, Jonathan Tollas and Angel Miguel Martinez are on the transfer list. The side is crying out for some solid defenders to bolster Brentfords rearguard and it would appear Richardson is paving the way for this to happen by reducing the wage bill and bringing some funds into the club.

Richardson hopes to raise around £9m and save around £27,000 a turn in wages which he will use to bring in some steel to the bee's nest.

Yes we have taken the difficult decision to allow the lads to leave. I do like them as players and I would like to thank them for their hard work since joining us. I just feel we need to bring in one or two defenders of a higher standard to fit in with our new style of play. We need to add to our defensive options to put a stop to the silly goals we have been leaking. I do have two targets in mind and I will be in contact with the proper people in the next few days.

In other transfer news, Saturn midfielder Roman Vorobyev was spotted leaving Griffin Park late last night. Brentford have confirmed the player was undergoing a medical and that a transfer fee has been agreed with Saturn. The move spells the end of any bid for Sampdoria's Marco Padalino. The on/off move for the Swiss midfielder is now off for good with Richardson opting for the Russian playmaker.

Leyton Orient Sign Shay Given

bilde?Site=AD&Date=20091014&Category=SPORT&ArtNo=710139936&Ref=AR

Say Given, 33, moved to Leyton Orient from Spanish outfit Sevilla for a fee of £8,100,000 + Thorben Marx. Leyton Orient beat off competition from Division 2 side Preston & Division 4 side Shrope. Shay Given who played for teams in the english leagues such as Newcastle, Norwich & Wycombe Wanderers.

Shay Given on why he chose Leyton Orient, "Well as soon as i met up with Zak Cluer and he told me what he expected of the club and here they were going, how could i say no, sure its great going to big teams who win plenty but i say why not start of low and work yourself up and thats what Leyton Orient are all about, proving themselves."

Zak Cluers thoughts on his new signing, "Over the moon! I am so pleased that we signed Shay, hes a great player, one of the best in the world and he is a great sportsman, he will be at the club for many years to come at the centre of our success. I would also like to give many thanks to on loan keeper Malafeev who will feature in Wednesday game, but will after that return to Chelsea whom i would also like to thank. He was an absolute star to come here and play for us.

gb-eng.gif

England's making progress !

Millwall boss Dave Izod, took time out of the division 2 play-off race to once more give under fire England boss Elliot Sutcliffe another boost with a public vote of Confidence. After a poor start to their World cup qualifying campaign, Rochdale boss Sutcliffe has drawn a huge amount of condemnation from the 106 managerial community, being described by Palaces, Paul Holt as a disgrace and not fit for the job. A disappointing draw in the opening game against Saudi Arabia, was followed by a shocking 4-1 defeat at the hands of South Americans Paraguay. With the knifes poised at Sutcliffes back, an unlucky England were held to a draw by Venezuela, after an early Wayne Rooney goal was cancelled out by a Casanova strike with just 20 minutes to go. Nevertheless the performance is being sited by Izod as a turning point in England’s fortunes, speaking on local radio tonight Izod went on to say

‘ Like the rest of the nation, I’m desperate for England to get to the finals, and I am convinced that we will be there. Ok the Paraguay result was a shock but I think we saw enough against Venezuela to say that the tide has firmly began to turn in our favour. I thought Elliot got the tactics bang on, and we dominated for large swaths of the game. If we had, had a bit more luck in front of goal I am sure that we would have been celebrating 3 points, but one blunder from our keeper and all the hard work was undone. To quote an old saying, there are no easy games in international football anymore, but clearly there are signs that the team has started to gel, equally obvious is that Elliot is rapidly growing into the job. It is the biggest job in international football and to handle it in the style and determination that he has is a testimony to his undoubted talent as a manager. I have been both saddened and shocked at the conduct of some of the other 106 managers who have so publicly attacked Elliot. In particular Paul Holt has once more revealed himself as the most unsavoury of characters. I would have hoped that after his disgraceful behaviour at the start of the season, he might have learned from his mistakes and at least attempted to behave as a professional football manager. Unsurprisingly of course, he has not and instead has used England’s difficulties to force himself into the limelight. He remains a disgrace to both his club and his profession and as I said to Elliot the other day the best way to ram his ill conceived words back down his throat is to build on the weekends result, with 3 points against Ghana on Friday'.

gb-eng.gif

England's making progress !

‘ Like the rest of the nation' date=' I’m desperate for England to get to the finals, and I am convinced that we will be there. Ok the Paraguay result was a shock but I think we saw enough against Venezuela to say that the tide has firmly began to turn in our favour. I thought Elliot got the tactics bang on, and we dominated for large swaths of the game. If we had, had a bit more luck in front of goal I am sure that we would have been celebrating 3 points, but one blunder from our keeper and all the hard work was undone. To quote an old saying, there are no easy games in international football anymore, but clearly there are signs that the team has started to gel, equally obvious is that Elliot is rapidly growing into the job. It is the biggest job in international football and to handle it in the style and determination that he has is a testimony to his undoubted talent as a manager. I have been both saddened and shocked at the conduct of some of the other 106 managers who have so publicly attacked Elliot.[/color']

Stewart Lauder, the manager of England's World Cup rivals Spain, tonight also gave the under-fire England boss his full support. The Scotsman was quoted as saying "I don't know why people are complaining, I personally think he's doing a fantastic job!"

Derby v Preston NE

Match Preview

Derby will be without start striker Mario Gomez, the German at least two weeks away from a return from a head injury. Raul Meireles may be forced to play despite a slight injury, with Jonathan de Guzman recalled to the side. Deby scored their first goal in 719 minutes of football as Luigi Vitale scored the winning goal in the 89th minute of their league encounter with Sheffield Wednesday.

Preston will give a long-awaited debut to record signing Honorato Nilmar in tonights match at Pride Park.

nilmar.jpg

The £14m signing from Charlton has been an unused substitute so far, but will replace Stevan Jovetic in the starting line-up, partnering Peter Crouch up front. That is the only change to the starting XI that comprehensively beat Cheltenham 4-0 on Saturday. There are two changes on the bench, James Tomkins replaces the injured Phil Jagielka and loan signing Paulo Ferreira replaces Emiliano Insua.

The reverse fixture was an exciting encounter, with eight goals being shared four a-piece between the two teams. Jovetic scored twice with Hugo Rodallega and Scott Parker also scoring, Luis Garcia x2, Gomez and Vitale scoring for Derby.

Bryant: Traore ready for extended first team run

armandtraore.jpg

Dean Bryant thinks Armand Traore is ready to take his chance

Charlton Athletic boss Dean Bryant is confident youngster Armand Traore will thrive in an unexpected run at left midfield in the first team. With Gerlado Wendel set for an extended spell on the sidelines following a torn groin muscle, the 20-year-old will make his way to the bench against Leeds United in tonight's Division 2 clash at the Elland Road.

It is a role familiar to the France Under-21 international, who made substitute appearances in the last five games. Despite the disappointing performance during the first leg of the second round of Youth Cup against Middlesbrough, for the most part Traore has not looked out of place when filling in for Wendel - the Brazilian having been missing for the past three weeks due to the current injury. While Bryant would have preferred to give Traore more experience in smaller doses, such as the English Cup and Shield, the Charlton manager believes the young winger is more than ready to make the step up.

"I was very comfortable to have a solution to rest Wendel when it was needed and play Traore," he said. "Now suddenly there is a huge stress on Traore to play in every game even coming from the bench. It is a blow for us to lose Wendel. I have no doubt about the quality of Traore, and I have said that many times."

The Addicks kept up the pressure on leaders Liverpool and Stoke City with a good run of eight unbeaten run, and could move up to the plays-off group if they win in tonight's clash with Leeds United.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

OXFORD UTD SELL NIKKARI

Oxford Utd told press this morning that under 21 Finnish star Ville Nikkari is on his way to Inter Turku for just over 1.75 million pounds.

23871_1237903251.jpg

An offer of 2 million pounds from Botafogo for Oliveira Reinaldo was turned down as the Oxford Utd boss wants no less than 3 million for the striker who has found the net seven times in sixteen games.

3763_1255683662.jpg

Oxford Utd coach David Belkevitz spoke during an early morning knockabout before their match against league leaders Doncaster Rovers up in South Yorkshire later today, "It was with much reluctance that I let young Nikkari leave, he has a tremendous future but I need to raise cash for some projects and that is why I have put four or five players on the transfer list. Reinaldo has been a good servant to the club but he knows the score, he is 30 years old and I have five strikers on the books, so I have to let him go to try and generate some funds.

I'm looking forward to the game today against Doncaster Rovers. They are playing well and it will give us a bench mark of where we need to be if we want to think about pushing for promotion next season."

Stoke V Liverpool

Tonight, fans of both stoke and Liverpool are gearing up for a big game which could see either reach the top of Div 2 by the end of it.

After an impressive start from both teams they see them selves with Liverpool 1st and the overly impressive Stoke managed by Chris, 2nd.

Tonights game was not thought to be a title challenging game bu as it happens it is. With Liverpool struggling of recent with several draws it may be seen as Stoke have the advantage despite not having the quality players Liverpool possess.

Liverpool manager, Tom Field is thought to be resorting to the classic 4-4-2 system in preparation of thsi game as he hopes to sel Liverpool's place at the top with a safe margain going into the eagly anticipated game agianst Charlton at the weekend with the pressure on both managers to prove that their signings have added to the squad rather then waste money.

7_front_small.png6_1190596348.gif12_front_small.png

Blackpool Raid Finland!

finland_flag.jpg

Blackpool today unveiled 11 new signings.All from Finnish clubs.How this has happened is unknown and many top pundits are scratching their heads.All of the players are under 26 and the only explanation for this is that Ryan believes Finland will become one of the best countries in the world and Ryan wanted a share of the good players.All the players will have to develop but Ryan has said that the new "Ryan Clarke Youth Academy" which he hopes will rival the Paul Holt Academy is capable of raising players into their maximum potential.

Guest 1CapWonder

Rochdale v Colchester

125px-rochdale_badge.png

Lambert Return Spells Trouble For Dragovic

RickieLambert_1071408.jpg

Lambert is sure to want to score on his return from injury

Rochdale Boss Sutcliffe is expected to start Rickie Lambert tonight, after he has missed over a month's playing time with a fractured wrist. The nature of the fracture meant a support cast would not protect Lambert and he was unavailable to feature. During this spell, Rochdale have failed to perform to the levels they were achieving with Lambert up front, and tonight Sutcliffe hopes to be able to partner him with Dave Kitson, and pray they can instantly pick up where they left off before. Currently, Lambert is 3rd top scorer in the division, bagging 12 goals in 14 games. It is a tough ask for him tonight, but as far as Sutcliffe's concerned, it's a risk worth taking, in a massive game between 2 of the best clubs in the Division.

However, Colchester Manager Dragovic, who has enjoyed an excellent start to his 106 career, much like Sutcliffe will be hoping otherwise. His side lie 2 pts behind Rochdale, both playing the same amount of games. Whilst his side have been good going forward, they have at times looked very shaky at the back, something Rochdale have managed to shore up whilst the goals haven't been flowing, meaning they still find themselves 3rd in Division 4. However, if Lambert and Kitson can be kept quite, Dragovic can have full confidence in his 3 strikers. Jason Scotland, on loan from Crewe, though not performing that well has still scored 3 in 9. Orlando Sa has an incredible 12 in 12 whilst partner in crime Frederic Nimani matches his 12, but from 14 games, the same as Lambert. Pezzoni has scored 6 from Midfield but compared to Rochdale, where the rest of the goals have come from all angles and positions, Colchester do seem one dimensional.

bilic_slaven__300x330.jpg

Dragovic will be relying on his 2 centre forwards to perform tonight

This factor in itself, should worry Sutcliffe, who is missing RB Andy Wilkinson through Suspension. However, Wiseman has already performed adequately in place of Wilkinson this season, despite his 73 rating. One thing is certain, the game shouldn't lack goals, with both sides going out to attack and feed their on form striking partnerships up front. It's a big one...

Swansea Announce New Manager

Swansea_city_afc_crest.gif

Swansea City fans were shocked to see their manager leave this morning, but this afternoon they are even More shocked to see former Cardiff City manager Chazza Bones take charge. The Swans chairman literally revealed around 25 minutes ago that Chazza Bones would be the new manager.

There were mixed feelings about the new manager and many fans booed Chazza as he arrived in Swansea minutes ago, but Chazza is sure he will soon settle in and when a few results start to go Swansea's way he will get praise.

Chazza spoke to Sky Sports about being back in 106:-

"I am still amazed that I am the new manager and I look forward to managing Swansea and taking the team forward, and who knows I might be able to snatch a play-off place this season. I'd like to thank the Millwall manager Dave Izod for the reminder of Swansea being vacant, that immediately made me join.".

33_1191751249.gif

Kew Jaliens set to make debut at Valley Parade

kew-jaliens1_knvb_groot.jpg

(Jaliens pictured celebrating with International team-mate Ryan Babel.)

Gillingham's team sheets have come in early for tonights game against 3rd place Bradford City at Valley Parade. Dutch International Kew Jaliens is in line to make he's debut for the blues after joining from Chivas de Guadalajara just over a week ago. It is thought that Jake brought the Dutch International to the club to add some experience at the back for the youngish looking Gillingham. Kaliens is set to go in CB beside Van Der Wiel and Ivan Marcano who have both prooved their roles already for Gillingham after joining as loanee's from Preston and Darlington.

RICHARDSON: I COULD NOT HAVE LEFT BEE'S

010289374453400.jpg

Animated: Richardson 'too in love' with Brentford

Brentford boss Darren Richardson has confirmed he rejected a formal approach from Swansea City to become their new manager. It is thought the Swans offered Richardson a three year deal and had agreed a 'substantial' compensation package with Brentford.

Listen there was never any danger of me leaving. This is why the chairman was happy to agree all these things with Swansea - because he knew I wouldnt be going anywhere. I love Brentford too much to leave them. Obviously there will be a day when I am not able to continue as manager for some reason or other but it certainly wont be anytime soon. I have a job and a duty to the fans to ensure they get what they deserve and that is a team they can be proud of.

Brentford take on AFC Bournemouth tonight at Griffin Park and Richardson is expected to go 4-2-3-1 with new man Roman Vorobyev starting the the attacking midfield position. Fit again Nouioui Lassad will start and the Brentford fans will be delighted about that coupled with the news that their man isnt leaving for pastures new just yet.

Barnsley V Swansea City

Nicklas%20Bendtner.jpg

Swansea City take on Barnsley in Division 3 tonight. Chazza claims that he is excited about his first match in charge and believes his team are strong enough to go out and get a win this evening.

Swansea currently sit in twelfth place, but if results go the swans way then they could climb to ninth tonight.

Chazza said to Sky Sports:-

"Barnsley will be tough and Johan will be looking to get a result tonight. Swansea will show no mercy though and are set to play their best side for the big match."

Barnsley's South American squad have proved to be strong, creative and good in-front of goal. A win for Barnsley will keep them in fourth place and leave them just a point away from third place.

Finally Chazza said just before the game:-

"Bendtner will be the one to get goals this year, I am sure that if he gets one, he'll have many more under his belt".

Guest drseanfitz

crewewiggly.gifcrewewiggly.gifcrewewiggly.gif

Crewe Alexandra 3-3 Tranmere Rovers

Attendance - 4,810

M.IZMAILOV 3

D.MBOKANI 22

D.ZOKORA 46

C.BELLAMY 76

S. FELIPE AZEVEDO 78

J.DATOLO 84

Possession

52% - 48%

Total Shots

16 - 16

Shots On Target

13 - 6

Corners

4 - 6

Yellow Cards

2 - 0

Red Cards

0 - 0

3: GOAL!! - Marat IZMAILOV ran onto a through ball and thumped it into the top corner!

22: GOAL!! - Dieumerci MBOKANI dummies the keeper and slides the ball into the empty net!

46: GOAL!! - A spectacular long range shot by Didier ZOKORA flies into the top corner!

76: GOAL!! - A mix up in midfield enables Craig BELLAMY to run through and confidently slams a low shot past the advancing keeper!

78: GOAL!! - Santos FELIPE AZEVEDO converts a fantastic cross with a well placed header!

84: GOAL!! - Jesús DATOLO rises majestically and heads the in-swinging corner into the net!

A Crewe side still struggling for form hosted a Tranmere side on a run of 3 straight wins, and the result was this 6 goal thriller. Former Crewe target Jesus Datolo was the hero for Tranmere with his late equaliser.

Man-of-the-Match

craigbellamy001.jpg

CRAIG BELLAMY

Once again Craig Bellamy showed why he is loved by the Crewe faithful with an outstanding performance. His movement both on and off the ball caused Tranmere no end of worry, and he topped of his superb performance with an assist and a goal