English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Match Preview

Division 2

sheffield%20wednesday.gif1 v 116289_badge.jpg

Middlesbrough once again failed to take all 3pts against a struggling opponent in midweek it was Carlisle and now Sheffield Wednesday despite dominating most of the game and Sheff Wed putting out a set of players who looked like they had gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson even so Wednesday held firm in the first half and even created a couple of decent chances but for Carlos Kameni to be in good form.

The second half started much more entertaining than the first with 2 goals inside the first 5 minutes with Aleksandr Pavlenko putting the visitors one up in 2 minutes with a fine darting run into the box and slot home past the keeper for his 3rd goal of the season Boro's lead though was short lived when 3 minutes later Mohamed Sissoko's half volley left Carlos Kameni motionless to give Wednesday a vital point.

The draw leaves Boro in 4th place 3pts off 2nd placed Stoke while Sheffield Wednesday remain at the foot of the table next up for Middlesbrough is the less than fun visit of a rejuvinated Preston North End.

RICHARDSON ANGER AT LATE GOAL

Southend United 2-2 Brentford

Brentford boss Darren Richardson expressed his frustration at his sides inability to hold onto their lead. This is a recurring nightmare for Brentford throughout the season.

Vorobyev opened the scoring for the visitors after just six minutes. The Russian hit a low drive in at the near post that took a deflection before sneaking at the near post. Just four minutes later the home side were back on level terms. Miguel Martinez wanted too much time on the ball and was tackled by Kutuzov and he made no mistake in finishing neatly past Joe Lewis.

Into the second half and Rodriguez Pedro showed just why several clubs have been making transfer bids with a goal that oozed quality. The Spaniard picked the ball up just outside the centre circle and he went on a mazy run leaving defenders trailing in his wake before rifling the ball into the bottom corner of the net. It was a goal many of the greats would have been proud to have called their own and it shows the true quality of the leagues when these types of players are in the lowest division. Even some of the Southend fans applauded the effort.

The horror moment for Brentford came just four minutes from time when a cross into the box was met by Alan Smith and his bullet header beat Joe Lewis all ends up to ensure there was a share of the spoils.

It's dissapointing that we have let a lead slip in a match where we controlled the tempo of the game. We had far more of the ball which is obviously very important and we had chances. Once Pedro scores a goal like that you just think it's your night but we didnt concentrate for the full 90 minutes and we were punished. It was a sloppy goal to give away from our point of view.

In transfer news coming from Griffin Park, Richardson confirmed that Sporting Braga defender Junior Alberto Rodriguez has agreed personal terms over a transfer worth £2.7m plus Sebastian Eriksson going to Portugal. It is something of a coup for Brentford to have brought in a defender of such high quality.

Yes it's true we have agreed a deal to sign Junior. We are delighted to have bolstered our defensive options with a player like him. He brings experience of playing at the top level of Portuguese football and that experience is maybe something we have been lacking given the leaky defence we have had so far this season. I can also say there is no news regarding Pedro either, I have stated time and again that we are not interested in a deal with anyone for the player. Why would we want to sell such a talent for an amount like £10m when we could watch him develop and grow into a player that far surpasses that value.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

OXFORD UTD 1-1 BRIGHTON

Oxford Utd took on promotion hopefuls Brighton today and once again more than held their own.

In a first half that saw both sides go close, it took a glorious strike from Brighton's Carneiro Keirrison in the 35th minute to bring this game to life. On the stroke of half time, Keirrison should have made it two when he had only the goalkeeper to beat and struck the post. HT 0-1

Lloyd Dyer made his Oxford Utd debut and was prominent in keeping the pressure on the Brighton defence and Simplicio, on for Eder in the 60th minute had a tremendous effort cleared off the line.

Milan Badelj

jesus-santana-abreu-milan-badelj-2009-8-20-22-14-24.jpg

Slammed home the equaliser in the 65th minute to the joy of the home support. 1-1

Dyer grew in stature as the match went on and showed real class and promise and was unlucky not to give Oxford Utd all three points in the dying minutes when he shot narrowly past the post. FT 1-1

Oxford Utd manager David Belkevitz was a bit subdued after the match saying, " This was a match for us to win. We were the more aggressive side and played well in all areas of the field. We were a bit unlucky in front of goal and on another day we could have scored two or three but all in all I have to be happy with a point against a tough outfit such as Brighton."

Swansea 3-2 Doncaster

nicklas_bendtner_1370462c.jpg

Goalscorer and Man Of The Match: Nicklas Bendtner.

Swansea City manager Chazza Bones received his first win last night. At the beginning of the match there were boos echoing around the stadium, by the final whistle, many Swansea City fans started singing: "there's only one Chazza Bones".

Chazza spoke to Sky Sports after the game. He said:-

"I am so happy that we won tonight and to be honest it just takes a-bit of pressure off the team as we were on a run of 3 losses. I know some fans don't like me, but I am here to take the football club forward and win some trophies. And I am sure if we got some silver-wear, the fans would start to back me up."

The Game went Like this:-

Kick-Off

2: A clear crisp strike by Raphael JEAN hits the side netting!

3: Nicklas BENDTNER gains control at the edge of the box but curls his shot inches wide

5: Lars BENDER drags his shot wide

6: Arik BENADO starts to push further forward in the attack

7: David BARRAL hits the ball hard with the outside of his boot, but puts it into row z

11: BOOKED - The ref cautions Tim HOOGLAND after a late challenge

12: Theo JANSSEN hits a straight volley towards goal but it crashes off the near post

14: Coelho JULIO CESAR takes control of the loose ball

17: Alberto CARLOS SANCHEZ gets in the way of a thundering shot

18: BOOKED - The ref brandishes a yellow card to Fonseca LEANDRO EUZEBIO for kicking the ball away

20: Fernando RUBINHO dives to his left and clutches the ball to his chest

21: GOAL!! - A mix up in the defence allows Arik BENADO to poke home!

22: The imposing Mbaye LEYE heads inches over

23: BOOKED - The ref cautions Daniele MANNINI after a high challenge

25: Matthew TAYLOR nearly gives the crowd something to cheer about as his drive whistles past the post

27: A mazey dribble by Daniele MANNINI but he is unfortunate as he fails to get his shot on target

28: GOAL!! - Poor communication at the back allows Mbaye LEYE to score!

35: A 25 yard shot by Raphael JEAN smashes against the crossbar

37: With an open goal Mbaye LEYE shot blazes over the bar! No wonder he's looking at the ground!

Half Time

46: GOAL!! - An excellent header by Ribeiro CLEITON XAVIER crashes into the back of the net!

47: Some hard tackling by Tim HOOGLAND, contributing to his teams defence

48: Mbaye LEYE is clean through on goal with only the keeper to beat, but hits the outside of the post

52: Daniele MANNINI is starting to boss the play as he is getting more on the ball and space

53: GOAL!! - The ball is pulled back from the by line to the unmarked Nicklas BENDTNER, who finishes cleverly!

55: A golden opportunity is wasted and Alberto CARLOS SANCHEZ knows it!

58: A short range effort is easily saved by Fernando RUBINHO

65: A shot from Nicklas BENDTNER is cleared off the line and out to safety

67: An easy chance by David BARRAL goes begging

68: BOOKED - Coelho JULIO CESAR booked after time wasting

73: Matthew TAYLOR places a right foot shot wide from twenty yards out

74: Raphael JEAN has his head in his hands, after he blasts wide infront of an open goal!!!!

75: GOAL!! - A mix up in midfield enables Gabriel OBERTAN to run through and confidently slams a low shot past the advancing keeper!

81: The ball is knocked long by Antonio BUSCE, to send the ball into the oppositions half

82: An accurate pass falls to Raphael JEAN who crosses it into the box

89: Daniele MANNINI blasts the ball towards the goal, but somehow it just goes wide

Full Time

Man Of the Match:- Nicklas Bendtner.

Swansea City News

Swansea City have signed 2 new players. Florian Hart joined from LASK for 700K and Mubarak Wakaso joined for 550K.

Finally Gabriel Obertan scored his fifth goal in six Appearance's for Swansea City, Chazza believes the young Frenchman is the next Thierry Henry.

12.jpg

Next Henry?

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

13918.png

Oxford Utd announced this morning that they had signed on loan Goalkeeper Junior Lauro from Millwall.

3755_1255513235.jpg

In a deal that involved some cash, Reinaldo and Richie Ryan to clinch the deal, manager David Belkevitz said he was delighted at getting Lauro.

"He has played for us on a loan agreement with Millwall since last season and during discussions with the Millwall coach Dave Izod, a deal was negotiated and struck very swiftly. I have to commend Mr Izod on the way he has dealt with this situation. He has been very approachable and helpful in getting this deal done which in all fairness, wasn't in his best interests. He acknowledged the fact that we are cash strapped here at Oxford Utd and as I said, he was very accomodating in concluding this affair."

Guest drseanfitz

New signing music to Crewe fans ears.

chrismartin0.jpg

Crewe today announced that 21 year old forward Chris Martin has arrived at Gresty Road to put the ink on a contract with the division 3 club.

The melodic forward was seen on BBC yesterday scoring 4 goals in an FA cup game, and this quadruple finally persuaded Crewe boss Sean to sign him.

The former England U19 international, who scored on his U19 debut against Turkey, has been being watched all season by Crewe scouts, and a 300k deal with Club Brugge has been agreed.

yE1670jY.jpg

Laters Lauro

Lauro_grupo2009.jpg

A happy, Jr Lauro

With news of the completion of Jr Lauro’s move to Oxford, Millwall boss Dave Izod this morning spoke of his concerns for unofficial ‘ Managers covenant ’ within EC106. Izod had this drew praise from Oxford man Dave Belkevitz for his role in the transfer describing him as both ‘ helpful and approachable’, embarrassed by the Scotsman’s‘ Eulogies ’ Izod went the record to say

I am pleased that Jr has moved to Oxford, we spoke before he went on loan there and he told me of his enjoyment of working under Dave Belkevitz, and his happiness at the club. So it was no surprise to me that we received Oxfords approach, now as Dave has indicated we had to move a bit to clinch the deal but the transfer was never in doubt. Whilst we could never be described as a wealthy club, we at the Den are acutely aware of the huge financial challenges that smaller clubs face. I have nothing but admiration for many of 3rd and 4th division guys, who have to cross enormous hurdles to increase the quality or quantity of their squads. I am constantly hearted by news of big transfer deals such as Kieran Gibbs to Rochdale, the amazing money spinning deals at Crewe, or Walsall’s ongoing battles to climb division 4, they are the heart beat of the league which in turn serves to act as a constant re-circulation of wealth and talent throughout all divisions. I am of the firm belief that it is a moral obligation of the more affluent clubs to assist and encourage the smaller guys. Its fair to say that at the Den we have a great history in this, we will always consider a smaller clubs bid favourably, and are happy to reduce our terms where the Millwall business plan allows. Likewise we don’t use our financial muscle to Hoover up young talent, instead we leave it for others to utilise either financially or operationally. Increasingly we find others are ignoring this code and instead choosing to jeopardise the whole well being of the league for there own personal gain. I won’t go into naming names but its widely known that one of the worst offenders in this also manages a South London club and its not Charlton.

Izod spoke after a dismal Lions performance saw them crash to Leeds Ute last night and drop out of play-off spots and back down to 9th place. Strikes from Kerzhakov and Borges either side of half time clinched the points for the Yorkshiremen in a game they largely dominated, with Anton Ferdinand’s late strike little more than a consolation goal. Grim faced Izod had little to say on the performance other than

‘ I hate losing to them people….we were bloody hopeless ‘

SoccermanagerTimescopy.jpg

Bryant has no plans to sell off Charlton's stars

Charlton Athletic manager Dean Bryant has insisted the club will not be forced to sell off their star names should they fail to qualify for the plays-off group stage, or miss out on the promotion to Division 1 next season. With Charlton's finances on a knife-adge, there has been speculation that the likes of Nigel de Jong, Radamel Falcao, Samir Nasri and Eduardo da Silva will have to go balance the books if they are not playing among top tiers next season. But Bryant has rubbished such reports, claiming the club's best players will go nowhere.

He told The Soccer Manager Times: "None of our star players will be sold, regardless of results. The club is doing well financially due to the recent sale of players that has been done since last month. We have sold some fringe players in recent weeks and I believe we can still cope with the competitive league. We are happy with the way things are going financially but we hope things would be better on the pitch."

Rosenberg Joins Parma

Markus-Rosenberg_1339115.jpg

Middlesbrough striker Markus Rosenberg has joined Parma in a part exchange deal the 26y/o who has been wanting a new challenge for some time has signed a 3 year deal with the Italian team.

Engelaar Joins Middlesbrough

Orlando-Engelaar-Holland_920291.jpg

Middlesbrough have signed Orlando Engelaar from Parma as part of the deal for Markus Rosenberg the dutch international returns to English football after leaving West Ham last season after making 26 appearances for the hammers over 3 seasons and scoring 7 goals he signs a 3 year deal worth £22,250 per turn Engelaar is exspected to start from the bench for Middlesbrough's next league game against Preston.

Irish Whizzkid Joins City

DSC_0002(1).jpg

Doran In Action For Mk Dons.

It was today announced that Bradford City have completed a deal for Milton Keynes Dons Irish sensation Aaron Doran. Although not finalised, Mk Dons have accepted a deal consisting of 40k and Australian defender Ryall. Bradford boss Ryan Monteith released this statement earlier today:

I can confirm that ourselves and Milton Keynes Dons have come to an agreement over the transfer of Aaron Doran. Its a fantastic deal for us, as we gain a player of sheer quality that has outstanding promise for the future. We wont be chucking him in straight at the deep end, that would be ludicrous. He'll get given the time to grow and adapt to the style of our game, then i'm sure he'll become a valued member of our team. It wasn't a particularly hard decision in letting Ryall go, as he had become slightly disillusioned with life here. He wasnt my player, i inherited him from a previous manager and, sadly, he didnt fit in. I wish him the best of luck at Mk Dons.

This signing comes as a complete shock to many, as Monteith had announced only yesterday that he didnt feel the need to change around the team; so what changed?:

I did state yesterday that i would only bring in more players if i saw the need to - and after yesterdays performance i did. We played poorly, and suffered the consequences in doing so. I dont want to take anything away from Tranmere for the win, as they played brilliantly; but i feel we should have done alot better. Then i recieved a phone call from the Dons manager Paul Ince, for one reason or another it seemed Aaron was now available and that he was giving me first refusal on him! Well, let me tell you, i was not going to turn down such an offer! Aaron is the type of player that can win us games, and i cant wait for him to join in training tomorrow.

In other news, it seems Bradford's transfer streak is not over. Fresh from yesterdays thrashing at the hands of Tranmere, it appears the McDonald saga is not over. We at SunSport can confirm that Tranmere have been in contact with Monteith once again over re-negociating a possible deal for the Australian striker. City had already rejected an 11 million bid from Rovers, with Monteith labelling the offer "abysmal", but they are determined to get there man and have come back with a fresh offer. It is believed they are willing to swap one of their own players in order to get him, but it is not yet known who.

I can confirm Tranmere have been back in contact about Scotty, and we've proposed our own offer. We are looking for a player + cash deal, one that would benfit the whole club. An announcement will be made later regarding the matter, and whether it goes any further.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

FRIENDLY MATCH

CREWE ALEXANDRA V OXFORD UTD

Oxford Utd take on Crewe Alexandra today in a friendly that will give both managers a chance to look at other options. Junior Lauro will play his first match as an Oxford Utd player and Daniele Gastaldello will make his first appearance in an Oxford Utd shirt since moving there on loan from Charlton Athletic.

The Oxford Utd coach said earlier today, " I wanted to try out some things and took the opportunity of a friendly game against a strong Crewe side. This will be a good indicator for us and although it's a friendly, there is still a lot to play for from both teams."

SUTCLIFFE LACKS RESPECT BLASTS HOLT

Rochdale today bid for Crystal Palace starlet Sam Hutchinson. The bid, recieved via fax this morning was for around £20k and although there has been no official word from Palace that it was turned down, Holt has reacted angrily over the fee involved. Holt and Sutcliffe have never seen eye to eye and their relationship hit rock bottom during Rochdale's signing of England youngster Fabien Delph. Palace were in discussions with Crewe regarding the capture of Delph who was on loan at Palace at the time but Sutcliffe took a hissy fit when he found out that Holt had bid 500k more than Rochdale could afford. This in turn forced the current England manager to trash Holt publicly through the national red tops and Holt has never forgiven the Dale manager for this. Holt told awaiting reporters that..

huth.jpg

Former Chelsea defender Hutchinson staying at Palace?

"I can't believe we have recieved a bid from Rochdale for one of our players to be honest " said Holt. "Im surprised they can even afford the price of the fax. I also find the bid of £20k for such a highly rated youngster disrespectful to both the player in question and ourselves. I hope we dont recieve any more faxes from Sutcliffe as they are not welcome."

Holt also commented on Dave Izods blast on him thos morning after the Millwall fan was quoted as saying..

"Likewise we don’t use our financial muscle to Hoover up young talent, instead we leave it for others to utilise either financially or operationally. Increasingly we find others are ignoring this code and instead choosing to jeopardise the whole well being of the league for there own personal gain. I won’t go into naming names but its widely known that one of the worst offenders in this also manages a South London club and its not Charlton."

Holt responded with..

"I do many dealings with the smaller clubs and they have my upmost respect. Unlike Mr Izod I pay top doller to the so called smaller clubs unlike Millwall. Without clubs like Palace sharing their wealth how would it be possible for the smaller clubs keep afloat? We at Palace have paid £9m for Feghouli and £7m for Kadlec to Crewe as well as £7m for Adam Johnson to the smallest club in South London, and Mr Izod is not complaining about that. As for "hoovering young talent up" I dont see what hes talking about to be honest. We at Palace spend millions a year on scouting and if we find a suitable player then it simply makes sense to bid for that player, even if we have to outbid a so called smaller club. I also make all my youngsters whom are not in my first team available for loan to clubs in the lower leagues. I find both Mr Izod and his best friend Mr Sutcliffe to be as stupid as they are deluded."

0,,10323~6553915,00.jpg

Nationally Focused, Nationally Admired

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

FRIENDLY MATCH

CREWE ALEXANDRA 2-3 OXFORD UTD

Oxford Utd travelled to Gresty Road for this friendly and in a pulsating match, Oxford Utd came out on top in a five goal thriller.

Milan Badelj found himself in the clear in the opening minutes but failed to capitalise with a clean strike that hit the side netting. Junior Lauro had to be on his toes as Crewe slowly started to control the game and it was no surprise when Craig Bellamy put the home side ahead in the 27th minute. 1-0

Lodeiro and Badelj showed some nice footwork but Oxford Utd failed to penetrate the Crewe defence. HT 1-0

After the restart, Lodeiro neatly finished off a great move to level the scores in the 47th minute. 1-1

nicolas-lodeiro-yamith-cuesta-dhawilim-leudo-2009-2-2-20-4-3.jpg

Eljero Elia restored Crewe's lead in the 60th minute with a sheer piece of skill that left the Oxford Utd defence flatfooted. 2-1

Oxford Utd, as in previous matches, refused to lie down and Cedric Van Der Gun smashed home the equaliser six minutes later to bring Oxford Utd right back into this fiery encounter. 2-2

krohn-dehli-120402-ajaxnl.jpg

Badelj and Lodeiro continued to dominate the midfield and surging runs from young Koutsianikoulis and Van Der Gun kept the Crewe defence on their toes, but a master stroke by the Oxford Utd coach when he replaced Eder with young Gary Glen, and after being on the pitch for just four minutes, broke clear of the home defence and slammed home the winner as the Crewe defence pleaded for an offside flag that didn't come. 2-3

Gary%20Glen%20last%20night%20signed%20a%20new%20four%20years%20contract.jpg

Elia had a great scoring chance a minute later but squandered it and Oxford Utd held on for a deserved win over Crewe Alexandra FT 2-3

The Oxford Utd coach spoke after the match, "This was a great performance from the lads, Badelj and Lodeiro were simply superb in the middle of the park and piercing runs from young Koutsianikoulis and Van Der Gun kept Crewe on the back foot. The defence was much more solid although we lost two goals, but you have to remember the quality of the players Crewe had upfront. Welsh Internationalist Craig Bellamy was a constant thorn and deserved his MOM award. All in all it was a good exercise for us against very good opposition.

Yeovil Town To Buy Milevskiy

Yeovil Town are to put in a shock bid for the manu striker tonight. The news came after fans protested for a new manager saying 'he doesnt care' and 'sack him, sack him now'.

Tom Tamburro thought that if changes doesnt be made soon then his job will be under fire. He said exclusively to Sky Sports "I was, I am worried. I have made yeovil's defence better but we still need backup right back, backup left back and a couple of centre backs. How can i do that with 6 million and a pack of angry fans behind your back expecting goals. I am getting rid of Victor. He is old and now he is not performing.

yE1670jY.jpg

New Man at the Den

echos-d-afrique_actus.jpg

Issiar Dia

Millwall manager Dave Izod once more crept into the twilight transfer market, with the signing of Senegalese multi tasker Issiar Dia. The ambidextrous wideman arrives at the New Den in an exchange plus cash deal for German Ashkan Dejargh. Highly rated Dia is comfortable on either wing and is equally happy up front, after two successful seasons at Hull city, the 22 year old left EC106 in season 7 for French club Nancy.

Veteran international sgns for North End

Preston have completed the signing of Portuguese defender Paulo Ferreira from Newcastle.

ferreira.jpg

The 30 year old has penned a 5 year deal worth £43,000 a week, after Newcastle accepted a fee of around £7m for the Portuguese international. He had spent the past fortnight on loan at the club, and had another two weeks of his one-month loan to go, but Preston manager James Burrow said that he had proved himself already:

"Paulo is a good signing. Our right side has been a potential weakness this season, as Glen Johnson has struggled with fitness and Rafael hasn't been a good enough replacement. People have said that £7m is too much to pay for a reserve, but I dont see Ferreira as a reserve, I reckon he can play around 50% of the remaining games, and also, with such a young squad, he provides the experience to tutor our young guns. I now feel we have a 'spine' of experienced players in Jussi (Jaaskelainen), Hyypia, Ferreira, Parker and Crouch."

Preston face Middlesbrough on Wednesday with the knowledge that if they don't lose, they will have gone on a 5 match unbeaten run for the first time in 3 years.

Gaetano D'Agostino joins Middlesbrough on Loan

d_agostino_gae.jpg

Darlington midfielder Gaetano D'Agostino has joined Middlesbrough on loan for the remainder of the season the 27y/o who joined Darlington 3 seasons ago with a bright future at the club however in recent seasons has found himself on the fringes of the team and has spent most of his time on loan at the likes of Charlton,Huddersfield,Liverpool and Crystal Palace.

23905_news.jpg

Moving in the opposite direction on loan is goalkeeper Carlos Kameni the 25y/o who is Boro's no2 goalkeeper behind Victor Valdes has still managed to play 54 times for Boro since joining back in season 7 however some extra exspiriance at a higher level could well help him improve his game further.

Guest drseanfitz

English Cup Semi Final Preview

Monday 9th November 2009 k.o. 8pm

Crewe Alexander Vs West Bromwich Albion

Last years losing finalist's Crewe face a WBA side in top form. The Baggies are on an outstanding run of 18 wins in 21 games and are clear favourites to book a place in the final on 23rd November.

Crewe will put out their strongest possible side, missing only the cup tied Heinze and Modric, and the recalled Izmailov, with Riise and Camozzato making their competitive debuts, and Craig Bellamy once again playing the lone striker position that he has been doing so well recently. West Brom however will be putting out a below strength side, with the league being the priority of boss Colm Griffin, however with players like Jo and Diego Costa likely to come into the side, they will still be a tough proposition.

Expected line ups

Crewe: Carrasso, Riise, Camozzato, Douglas, Friedrich, Anas Sharbini, Zokora, Murphy, Bellamy, Riki, Elia

WBA: Diego Alves, Cassetti, Pernia, De Wrei, Simons, Hubschman, Clerc, Mamaev, Jo, Nunez, Diego Costa

Key player:

Craig Bellamy

craigbellamyproffesiona.jpg

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

English Cup Semi Final Preview

Monday 9th November 2009 k.o. 8pm

Crewe Alexander Vs West Bromwich Albion

Last years losing finalist's Crewe face a WBA side in top form. The Baggies are on an outstanding run of 18 wins in 21 games and are clear favourites to book a place in the final on 23rd November.

Crewe will put out their strongest possible side' date=' missing only the cup tied Heinze and Modric, and the recalled Izmailov, with Riise and Camozzato making their competitive debuts, and Craig Bellamy once again playing the lone striker position that he has been doing so well recently. West Brom however will be putting out a below strength side, with the league being the priority of boss Colm Griffin, however with players like Jo and Diego Costa likely to come into the side, they will still be a tough proposition.[/color']

Expected line ups

Crewe: Carrasso, Riise, Camozzato, Douglas, Friedrich, Anas Sharbini, Zokora, Murphy, Bellamy, Riki, Elia

WBA: Diego Alves, Cassetti, Pernia, De Wrei, Simons, Hubschman, Clerc, Mamaev, Jo, Nunez, Diego Costa

Key player:

Craig Bellamy

craigbellamyproffesiona.jpg

Another great cup run Sean, I really don't know how you pull it off. :). Colm has put together a great run in the league and cup with his WBA side so you will have your work cut out. It's only fair to wish you both the best for today but as a fellow Third Division manager, I will be rooting for you Sean, :P, sorry Colm.

20_1198938111.gif0-0 44_1201797906.gif

Nasri admits Charlton were not on top form

Samir Nasri admitted Charlton Athletic were not at their best despite holding to a goalless draw in their Division 2 match against league leaders Liverpool. The host began the game well and managed to keep Liverpool's attack from creating clear-cut chances. Nasri admitted they were not doing their usual attacking style and forced to stay defensively.

"It was disappointing not creating a lot of attack in the match," he told The Soccer Manager Times. "They played well. We were not at our best but still managed to get a point. We had to keep ourselves focus in the whole match and we think we are lucky to get away with a draw."

Charlton boss Dean Bryant was delighted to add another misery to Liverpool who had drawn, and feels their promotion challenge is firmly on track. "We managed to get a clean sheet against top side Liverpool, but overall it was a good performance," he told The Soccer Manager Times. "They made a strong start but, once we took the ball from them, we keep our possession strongly. I'm pleased because we picked a total of four points from our two meetings this season and no other side has done that. Our belief id there. We want to give our best in every game. We have great potential and we can go from strength to strength."

Charlton on the verge of signing Alder

39472-adler_rene_ddp.jpg

Rene Alder: Close in signing for Charlton

Charlton Athletic are close in landing Manchester United goalkeeper René Adler after both clubs have come to an agreement on the deal believe to be in the region £15m. The 24-year-old has found himself as United first choice keeper, keeping out Brazilian keeper Alexander Doni on the bench. The Germany international has played all United's games this season but with the club's current standing, things has gone from bad to worst for United. With the appointment of inexperience MRX as United new manager, many United players have voiced out their concern over their chances of avoiding relegation. Alder is expected to complete his medical at the South London club before finalising on personal terms.

Charlton cancel Adler deal

39472-adler_rene_ddp.jpg

Rene Adler: Staying at Manchester

Charlton Athletic have confirmed that they have withdrawn their pursuit for Manchester United goalkeeper Rene Adler. The Germany international is closing in switching clubs to Division 2 side after both clubs have initially agreed on the £15m deal. With a number of English clubs scrambling to get their business done with United, Charlton boss Dean Bryant has admitted that they should not be too happy with the way Manchester United are dealing and has voiced out his concern over the current transfers.

"We are not going to finalise the deal and Adler is not joining us," he told The Soccer Manager Times. "I have been in this championship for the past three seasons and I have never seen like this before. Manchester United are getting from bad to worst. The United gaffer is new to this football world but as an experience manager, I am disappointed with other more experienced managers taking advantage of it. This could bring bad image to our championship and to the world of football. We have realised our mistake and has cancelled the deal. I urge others to follow."

Howedes not on his way to Preston

Preston have announced that they have retracted their bid for Manchester United defender Benedikt Howedes, stating that they refuse to do business with a club in such a situation as them.

Since Man Utd named Mr X as their manager, certain financial irregularities have begun to surface, surrounding such deals as Roysten Drenthe's move to Newcastle and Andrea Ranocchia's move to Burnley.

"We do not want to get caught in a possible SMFA inquiry, so we as a club are staying far away from the Man Utd saga. Other clubs can do what they wish, but we will not be doing business with United until the clubs long term future is clarified."

Manchester United

0,,10354~3642267,00.jpg

Above: Swansea City's Owners declaring that they too will not be signing any more Manchester United players unless absolutely necessary.

This afternoon the Swansea City owners declared that they too would not buy from Manchester United anymore. Earlier today former Manchester United youngster Pavel Trofin joined Swansea City but it is official that he will be the last player to be signed from Manchester by the Swans.

The Swansea City owners said:-

"We too will join Preston (as I hope many clubs will) to stop signing players from Manchester United. We feel that it is unfair to be taking players for a cheap price when we know we are in the wrong, Pavel Trofin was a one off, this will not happen again."