English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

yE1670jY.jpg

LIONS CAN'T WAIT TO STEAM IN!!

Hull-v-Millwall-trouble_1829322.jpg?t=1258133136

Members of the MSC jubilantly celebrate a famous Lions

victory

After Millwall stunned the footballing world with a shock away win at division two giants Liverpool on Wednesday night, Millwall boss Dave Izod was in bullish mood this afternoon declaring that the Lions were ‘well up’ for the promotion run in. A solitary Oscar Ahumada goal after just 10 minutes silenced the mainly unemployed 40,000 strong home crowd, as the South Londoners went on to dominate the game. With the Liverpool mega stars struggling with manager Tom Fields surprise 4-3-3 formation, Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina was by far the busier of the two stoppers, and if not for his heroics and some woeful Millwall finishing the scoreline could have been greater.The victory propels the Lions back into 7th place and tanterlizingly close to the sixth spot they relinquished after last weekends defeat to Leeds Utd.

‘ Wednesday night was a fantastic victory, possibly one of the finest in the club’s history. We were great value for the points, we were first to every ball, uncompromising but disciplined in the tackle, and to be honest I was a bit disappointed not to win by more than one goal. We sent out a lot of messages at Anfield, once more my lads have proved that big name players don’t always win football games and without the correct tactics, heart and self belief will as Liverpool found out to their cost, invariably fail. We have worked hard to get in a great position and victory at the weekend over Norwich could see us back where we want to be. The title race is far from over and is within the reach of maybe half a dozen or so teams. Its going to be a question of bottle as to who comes out on top , and I have to say we at horrible little Millwall have got stacks of it, and are well up for the battle ahead, we can't wait to steam in.

The Lions return to the New Den tomorrow night to face play-off rivals Norwich with a fully fit squad.Izod is expected to recall Mauro Boselli in place of wideman Aiden Mcgeady, as the South Londoners switch back to their familiar 5-3-2 formation. The 9th placed Canaries flutter to the Den on the back the midweek draw with Charlton and unbeaten in 4 games. With the injured Fellaini and Fernandez still out, boss Tom Dodds is expected to stick with the same team which held Charlton.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

yE1670jY.jpg

LIONS CAN'T WAIT TO STEAM IN!!

Hull-v-Millwall-trouble_1829322.jpg?t=1258133136

Members of the MSC jubilantly celebrate a famous Lions

victory

After Millwall stunned the footballing world with a shock away win at division two giants Liverpool on Wednesday night' date=' Millwall boss Dave Izod was in bullish mood this afternoon declaring that the Lions were ‘well up’ for the promotion run in. A solitary Oscar Ahumada goal after just 10 minutes silenced the mainly unemployed 40,000 strong home crowd, as the South Londoners went on to dominate the game. With the Liverpool mega stars struggling with manager Tom Fields surprise 4-3-3 formation, Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina was by far the busier of the two stoppers, and if not for his heroics and some woeful Millwall finishing the scoreline could have been greater.The victory propels the Lions back into 7th place and tanterlizingly close to the sixth spot they relinquished after last weekends defeat to Leeds Utd.[/font']

‘ Wednesday night was a fantastic victory, possibly one of the finest in the club’s history. We were great value for the points, we were first to every ball, uncompromising but disciplined in the tackle, and to be honest I was a bit disappointed not to win by more than one goal. We sent out a lot of messages at Anfield, once more my lads have proved that big name players don’t always win football games and without the correct tactics, heart and self belief will as Liverpool found out to their cost, invariably fail. We have worked hard to get in a great position and victory at the weekend over Norwich could see us back where we want to be. The title race is far from over and is within the reach of maybe half a dozen or so teams. Its going to be a question of bottle as to who comes out on top , and I have to say we at horrible little Millwall have got stacks of it, and are well up for the battle ahead, we can't wait to steam in.

The Lions return to the New Den tomorrow night to face play-off rivals Norwich with a fully fit squad.Izod is expected to recall Mauro Boselli in place of wideman Aiden Mcgeady, as the South Londoners switch back to their familiar 5-3-2 formation. The 9th placed Canaries flutter to the Den on the back the midweek draw with Charlton and unbeaten in 4 games. With the injured Fellaini and Fernandez still out, boss Tom Dodds is expected to stick with the same team which held Charlton.

Your reports always raise a chuckle here in good ol' sunny SC Dave....40,000 odd mainly unemployed scousers.....:D, sad part is that your friends the Tories put them there :mad::D

Cardozo made available for Transfer

Download.aspx?Id=24229.jpg&Width=235

Middlesbrough's Argentinian left back Marcelo Cardozo has been made available for transfer the 21y/o who arrived last season when joining for around £1.4M and despite showing improvment during his time at the club has found his first team opportunities very scarce making 5 appearances last season in the first team however this season he has been limited to one English shield game and finds himself 4th in the pecking order for the left back role behind Luis Filipe,Manuel Pasqual and Michel Kadlec as a result he has been given an asking price of £4,000,000

18_1216254515.jpg

Cardiff International Round-up

Italy 3-0 Northern Ireland

Preston loanee Aaron Hughes was one of Northern Ireland's standout players in a disappointing performance.

Brazil 3-2 Sweden

Olof Mellberg suffered a disappointing 3-2 loss to Brazil. The Swedes were less than a minute of a draw before Ronaldinho scored.

Cyprus 0-4 Argentina

Riquelme had a great game playing in the same system as the one Cardiff use, 3-4-1-2. He had one assist

Portugal 3-0 Peru

Liedson was impressive grabbing a brace while playing as a lone striker.

football%20league%202.gif

Div 4 Latest

106_front_small.png82_1194253895.gif1_front_small.png

Walsall Keen to Buy new players after season ends

0,,10418~3327124,00.jpg

Cun Jue Peh Gives a Interview about the Club Fiancial Woes.

Division 4 club Walsall Has announced that the club has Finally solve the Fiancial Woes.The Club was Having Fiancial trouble During the Mid half of the season after the Press found out that the Club Owner was Found Bankrupt and The club was in big Debt which forced Manager Cun jue Peh to sell their players.However,after weeks of saving cash and Selling players,The club Manager Cun jue Peh today Anounced to the press that Walsall has finally gotten back on track Fiancially.

Heres what he said to the press,

I am Very Pleased to Say That the Club has gotten back on Track Fiancially and is Looking forward to Season 10 after we solved Our Fiancial Woes.After this More Good news would come as I have Recieved news that The Board has Given Me Full surport in staying with the club,i am Hoping to guide them past this season in 15th spot.Also i am Hoping to get a Big Amount of Cash to be use for the next Season.

Charlton Athletic International Round-Up

FYR Macedonia 0-1 Serbia

Striker Danko Lazovic did well for Serbia before eventually being substituted.

Georgia 1-1 Colombia

Striker Radamel Falcao gave a solid perofrmance for Colombia, creating a goal in the process.

France 0-3 Greece

Midfielder Samir Nasri played the whole match for France and did well.

Iceland 1-1 Wales

Twenty-three goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey gave a solid performance for Wales.

4849318_bigthumb.png

Colchester sign two young stars

0,,10268~3206147,00.jpg

Ben Sahar signing for the club during the week

This week Colchester have captured two fairly big name, Ben Sahar and Daniel Parjeo. The fee for the two of them was just under 9 million which was supplied when Dragovic sold Maguire for just fewer than 5 million, Saranov for 2.5 million and Cessay for 1 million. Ben Sahar was bought as the third striker for Colchester because they only have Scotland on loan. With the form Orlando Sa and Nimani on it may be hard to break into the starting 11 but Dragovic has assured that he will get game time. He signed from Fiorentina for 4 million which Dragovic was surprised he had no competiotion for although many teams were interested in the 20 year old Israeli. Daniel Parejo has already played a game for Colchester in the fair 3 – 1 loss to 2nd division side Middlesborough. The Spaniard signed for 4.75 million pounds. This price was a bit more that Dragovic wanted to spend after Watford put in a bid for the Centre midfielder. He was bought to replace Barry Maguire. Both players will be playing in Colchesters next match against Boston. Here is what Sahar had to say “It is a pleasure to join Dragovics side. One of the main reasons I decided to come here was because he isn’t afraid to give the young players a go which is great and they are in great form in 2nd place”. Parejo then said “It is a pleasure to come and play in England. I am hoping to make an impact and help Colchester and Dragovic find their way to Division 3”.

2008-12-18_IMG_2008-12-18_1229597693591_efe_20081217_203500.jpg

Daniel Parejo at his new home in Colchester.

Guest drseanfitz

Crewe deny Crisis

Crewe today denied the club was in crisis after the club went an amazing 6 days without buying a player.

The club have failed to buy a player since completeing the signing of Coldplay front man Chris Martin last Sunday for £300k.

martinoa.jpg

With 69 players joining the club so far this season, averaging over 4 a week, the Crewe fans are naturally concerned that there is an issue within the club that is yet to become public.

A Crewe spokesman said:

"There is no problem in the club. Manager Sean has transfer funds available, and will spend them when he want's to. In fact, following a tip off from our latest signing Chris, club officials are currently in Italy discussing transfers for 2 defenders, Robbie Williams(Siena) and Michael Jackson(Monza)"

However official fan club spokesman Ian Percival Freely said:

"There is a bad feeling amongst the fans. We are use to picking up the paper, or logging into the website to find we signed another 12 year old, who's never going to make the team, but will be sold on in 10 weeks for a £20 profit. But with no new signings for 6 days the omens are bad"

As the week ends and another week rolls on, time will only tell if Crewe will bring in player number 70 soon.

Preston NE vs Cardiff

Match Preview

Preston boss James Burrow has, for the first time this season, a full squad to choose from for tonights game with Cardiff. Phil Jagielka is the biggest doubt having just recovered from an ankle injury, but Burrow has siad that if the need arises, Jagielka could play a part tonight. Preston's 1-1 draw with Middlesbrough did extend their unbeaten run to five league games, but Burrow was disappointed that the game wasnt won. Thursday night's friendly also gave him a selection headache, with a second string side defeating Charlton, who put out a strong team.

"This week's team selection has been very difficult. Do I change a winning formula to accomodate those who played on Thursday, or do I stick with a team which is unbeaten, but drew against Middlesbrough?"

Yossi Benayoun scored on international duty for Israel this week, and is pushing for a start. Youngsters Michael Mancienne, Emiliano Insua and Krizstian Nemeth came on on Thursday, and urrow said that if the youngsters can impress, then they can squeeze into the matchday squad.

High-flying Cardiff have hit an inconsistent patch of late, an 11 match unbeaten run ended by Charlton, and losses against Millwall in the league and Coventry in the Cup. Manager Jared Katzeff may decide to rest some first teamers ahead of the English Shield Quarter Final against West Ham Utd.

One player who definitely wont be playing tonight is Patrick Vieira, the Frenchman serving a suspension after 5 yellow cards. Winger Angel Lafita is definitely out of tonights game and a doubt for the Semi with a heel injury. Juan Riquelme has scored four goals in five games since arriving from Arsenal, but faces a race against time to be fit, along with Kakha Kaladze and Liedson. The trio may only be able to play one of the two important games in the next few days for Cardiff. Aaron Hughes is ineligible as he cannot play against his parent club Preston.

Stat Attack

Stephen Ireland will play his 100th game for Preston if selected

Ashley Young will make his 40th appearance for Preston if selected

If selected, Stevan Jovetic will play his 90th game for Preston

Cardiff's Olof Mellberg will play his 250th game in English football if selected

56_1248789623.jpg

article-0-06983D07000005DC-532_468x294.jpg

Justice Wants Out Of County?

Reports today have claimed that Notts County Boss Nick Justice is eady to quit the nottighamshire club, the high flying Div 3 Side have comfirmed they are currently talkin to Justice over this. Reports say if just is to leave he'll reccive £2million from The club itself! News on the matter will come later today

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

OXFORD UTD SIGN YOUNG CHANDLER

Oxford Utd manager David Belkevitz beat off a few other managers to sign young Jamie Chandler on a five year deal.

Chandler says that he was never in any doubt as to where he wanted to ply his skills when he told SM reporters that as soon as he heard that Oxford Utd were interested, then his mind was made up.

Jamie_Chandler.jpg

The 20 year old midfielder said it was an honour to learn his trade under the Oxford Utd coach and that he had no doubts about signing for the O's.

Guest drseanfitz

Bristol Rovers 1-2 Crewe Alexandra

R.MICAEL 68

I.RIKI 47

D.ZOKORA 72

Possession

40% 60%

Total Shots

5 11

Shots On Target

5 10

Corners

4 8

Yellow Cards

1 2

Red Cards

0 0

Didier Zokora's 72 minute scorcher secured the win for Crewe, to move them within 11 points of top of the league Doncaster.

The Gresty Road outfit are still struggling to get a run together, but know that if hey can get a run together promotion is still possible.

SoccermanagerTimescopy.jpg

Giovinco considering his options for end of season

3102358906_c68e76b614.jpg

Sebastian Giovinco has not featured for Charlton since mid October

Out of favour Charlton Athletic midfielder Sebastian Giovinco has hinted that he could be ready to leave the club at the end of the season, but has ruled out a return to Italy. The Italian international opted to stay and fight for his place before the season starts after being promised of more games, but he has found it hard to break into the side. The 22-year-old has started just three games in Division 2 this season, with five appearances as a substitute, and has not featured since mid October.

Giovinco knows he must play more regularly if he is to keep his place in Tom Field's squad for the SMFA World Cup finals after the English leagues campaign ends. While the player admitted he may have no choice but to leave the Valley, he insisted a return to the Italy was not on the agenda at this stage in his career.

"In principle I find it too early (to return) and I say no," Giovinco told The Soccer Manager Times. "I don't know if I will to stay at Charlton Athletic, but there are other options. My career in England is not finished yet and I would love to continue my career in England. I don't want to end my career like this as I have been here for many seasons. But I am not forced to leave this club either."

Bryant plays down Giovinco rumours

giovinco-1.jpg

Bryant insists Giovinco is staying with Charlton

Charlton Athletic boss Dean Bryant has played down speculation linking midfielder Sebastian Giovinco with a move away from The Valley. The Italian is reportedly unsettled in England and pushing for a transfer from South London at the end of the season, although those rumours were have been quashed by Addicks' chief executive Steve Waggott.

"I don't see why he (Giovinco) is unhappy at Charlton," Dean Bryant told The Soccer Manager Times. "He trains hard everyday and I can assured him that he has a place in the first-team. Our first choice strikers are currently struggling with form and he may be call to play in our upcoming matches. We had talks after today's training and he said he had never been interviewed in recent weeks. He seems to be more mature in training and I can say that he will be playing a bigger role near the end of the season."

Middlesbrough youth team put on the market

The majority of Middlesbrough youth team has been made available for sale with the exceptions of Aaron Cresswell,Frédéric Duplus,Gianluca D'angelo,Sebastian Rode,Adriano Grimaldi and Juvhel Tsoumou who are all transfer banned

Kevin Trapp:GK:19:75:£600,000

Joonas Pontinen:GK:19:70:£15,000

Anthony Straker:LB:21:71:£35,000

Gotoku Sakai:RB/LB:18:74:£500,000

Andy Parrish:CB/RB:21:71:£25,000

Mickaël Nelson:Def:19:70:£15,000

Jans Radevics:LM/Wing:19:73:£225,000

Ngam Peguy:RM/AM:19:71:£35,000

Araújo Tinga:DM/CM:19:76:£1,300,000

Eivinas Zagurskas:CM:20:75:£650,000

Eriks Kokins:CM:18:72:£125,000

Besart Abdurahimi:AM:19:77:£1,400,000

Zhano Ananidze:AM:17:75:£1,200,000

Haris Seferovic:AM/Fwd:17:75:£700,000

Andrei Khachaturyan:AM/Wing:22:75:£650,000

Alexandru Dedov:Fwd:20:77:£1,400,000

Dmitri Tarassenko:Fwd:20:70:£10,000

They Join Marcelo Cardozo who is on the transfer list for £4,000,000 although that fee is negotiable

Wales announce Burrow as new coach

The Welsh FA have confirmed the appointment of ex-Montengro coach James Burrow for the rest of the WCQ campaign. The Preston manager will still stay in his club job full-time, and will be assisted at international level by ex-Internationals Gary Speed and Ryan Giggs, the latter coming out of retirement.

Here was what was said at his unveiling:

"First of all, I would like to thank the Welsh FA for hiring me. I felt that the Montengro job was too difficult, as there was a language barrier and long flights to endure. I believe that with Wales being mujch closer to home, I can commute more and be with my players more.

Secondly, I would like to express my immense disappointment at the lack of Welsh players in the English game. It is disgraceful! My number one choice goalkeeper plays in Israel (Myhill). My vice-captain plays for a club in a country which I had to find out on Wikipedia (Williams). My holding midfielder, DOESNT EVEN HAVE A CLUB! (Stock) I will put my faith in my youth players if this situation doesnt change. I have asked these players to try and find a club in England to play for."

Wales play Mali in their next WCQ game, and are currently in joint-third with Iceland, ahead of Sweden, with Brazil and Mali in the qualifying places.

Guest 1CapWonder

Dominant Dale Help Ease Pressure Off Edgy England

125px-rochdale_badge.pngengland_badge_.gif

Whilst Rochdale push on, England take a step backwards...

n1254034656_30053666_4875.jpg

Sutcliffe heads for the tunnel on Friday, after another poor result

Luton 0-2 Rochdale

luton-town-kenilowrth-road-1.jpg

As Rochdale travelled to Kenilworth Road in order to face Luton Town, Dave Kitson sat out the last game of his 3 match ban, before his imminent return on Wednesday. However, the Rochdale manager assured striker Grant Holt, that should he perform well enough, he would keep his place. The focus by the end of the match however, was on neither. Dale's top scorer, Rickie Lambert, scored his first goal after over a month out. Delight for both him, and his manager.

The game started brightly, with both teams having chances. Paddy McCourt hit the side netting whilst Brad Friedel looked in good nick for Dale, pulling off a couple of smart saves in the first half hour. Minutes before half time, Rochdale scored a deserved goal, thanks to a wonderful slick passing move, finished off by Lambert. This was Lambert's 15th, in just 18 starts and he has now scored just as many goals, in less games, than the rest of the top scorers in the division. Should he stay fit, he may prove to be the difference between going up, and staying down for Sutcliffe this year.

0,,10420~4334842,00.jpg

Captain Lambert was delighted with his goal after over a month out with injury

3 minutes after the 2nd half had kicked off, Lambert had another great opportunity, clean through with only the goalkeeper to beat. Unfortunately for Lambert, he couldn't beat the post, and the score stayed 1-0. On the hour mark, Delph was given room on the edge of the box, only for his shot to nestle in the keepers arms. 5 minutes on, and Luton hadn't learned their lesson. Fabian Delph was able to turn and shoot quickly on the edge of the box, the ball ending up in the bottom corner to the Away Fans' End. This was Delph's 4th of the season, and these goals are beginning to be important for Rochdale, with McCourt, Boyd and McCarthy not netting as frequently as they were early on in the year. From then on in, Dale controlled the game, without reward. Chance after chance was missed and had they not been so comfortably ahead, it could have proved vital.

delph_280x390_696503a.jpg

MOM and goalscorer Delph is coming into his own now in Dale colours

Nonetheless, the result was 3 points, and Luton spirits were dampened further when Joey Gudjohnsen was sent off for pushing the referee. A lengthy ban is likely to follow, but it is sure to dent their playoff credentials. Luton slipped to 6th in the table following this defeat, and they have now lost 3 of their last 4 games.

Saudi Arabia 2-2 England

fahd-stadium.jpg

England set out in the same way they did against Ghana last week. In the hope of emulating that excellent 4-1 performance, Sutcliffe stuck with the ageing legs of Beckham, Scholes and Owen. However, in the steaming heat on a big pitch, they struggled slightly. England weren't poor, but they weren't fantastic, and the result is another shocker which means every game up until the last, is massive.

The Saudi's stunned England on the 18th minute, when what looked like a nothing cross, was headed home by Yasser Al Qahtani. The stadium erupted and James was motionless. England were frustrated, and this was shown by Joe Cole's reaction after not winning a freekick 5 minutes later. He emerged from the heap he was in to lunge at the Saudi player, and earn himself an instant yellow card, from which he didn't complain. The last 20 minutes were certainly England's. Joe Cole's mazy run deserved a goal, but his shot whistled past the post. David Beckham hit the crossbar with a trademark freekick, whilst Owen hit over the bar with an easy chance just before half time.

Yasser-Al-Qahtani.jpg

Al Qahtani celebrates his surprise opener

After the break, England threatened immensely. Owen found himself 1 on 1 but he couldn't improve on his hat-trick last week, hitting the post from 12 yards. Wayne Rooney did give England the breakthrough though, on 53 minutes. Cutting inside from the left, he curled beautifully past Al Murgan in the Saudi goal, to draw England level. Incredibly, Sami El Jaber matched Rooney's finish with a sublime finish on the counter attack, to put his side back in the lead. England were shellshocked, and it took them a while to recover.

wc_2006_day07_rooney.jpg_41766890_jaber416.jpg

Rooney's majestic equaliser was soon cancelled out by the experienced El Jaber

With 20 minutes to go, Beckham and Rooney both missed half chances to draw level a 2nd time, and Sutcliffe was forced into changes. Peter Crouch replaced Michael Owen, whilst Frank Lampard came on for Paul Scholes. England attacked ferociously, their World Cup campaign threatening to end in Saudi Arabia. With 5 minutes left, Frank Lampard was unwilling to surrender and in doing so, may force his way into selection next week. He's certainly given Sutcliffe to think about, as his trademark goal, a forward run smashed home after a pull back just inside the box, rescued England from humiliation... again.

Frank-Lampard--001.jpg

Lampards late equaliser keeps England dreams alive for now.

England look shaky. They lie 3rd in the group, with 3 games to play. The next 2 home games are vital, with both Venezuala, and 2nd place Paraguay visiting Wembley. England are only 3 points behind 2nd, so they would hope that 2 wins on home soil, will see them qualify without needing points away to Ghana in a months time. However, it looks unlikely, with Englands stuttering form and Ghana's run-in beforehand. It will certainly be an extra test for Sutcliffe, who will hope his club form continues, so that he can go into the last few games fully focused, knowing that the hearts of the nation, are in the palm of his hand.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

OXFORD UTD 2-2 NOTTS COUNTY

Oxford Utd entertained promotion hopefuls Notts County at the Kassam Stadium yesterday in a four goal thriller.

An early effort by Marlos nearly caught the Oxford Utd defence cold but fortunately for them it hit the side netting.

With the game looking more like a boxing match as both teams probed for an opening, the crowd came to life in the 18th minute when a cross from the right was met by Oxford Utd full back Stephen Carr and his powerful header gave the Notts County goalkeeper no chance. 1-0

Stephen_Carr_743325a.jpg

Freddy Guarin equalised in the 22nd minute with a fantastic strike which had the travelling supporters on their feet. 1-1

Almost from the restart, an Oxford Utd attack found the Notts County defenders struggling to control another vicious cross which was headed home by young winger Koutsianikoulis for his tenth goal of the season. 2-1

kouts37944-300x223.jpg

The game continued to see-saw with both teams going close and it was no surprise when Bobby Zamora headed home the equaliser for Notts County in the 35th minute.2-2

The second half continued in a fast pace and Oxford Utd more than held their own against a tough resolute Notts County side who had come for three points with their attacking approach but the home side refused to be intimidated and won the battle for midfield dominence and late in the game, Koutsianikoulis should have given Oxford Utd all three points when his blistering 86th minute strike just went wide with the goalkeeper beaten. FT 2-2

Zhano Ananidze First to leave the Riverside

zhano_ananidze_spartak.37660.jpg

Highly rated youngster Zhano Ananidze is the first to leave the Riverside as part of the clubs financial restructuring the Georgian youngster who only turned 17 in October looks set to join Charlton Athletic for a fee of £1,000,000 with the Division 2 side fighting off opposition for the player from Tranmere and Liverpool with the latter making a comical bid of £550,000 well below what Boro payed for him last season.

EC106 Times

Giving the England Manager a hard time since 1899

How did they not win

England once again proved a Disappointment tonight with the team once again failing to beat Saudi Arabia in a more defensive match to the earlier group game between these two teams with a total of 29 shots being fired off in the first match compared to just 16 this time the defensive approach seeming to suit England however they failed to use this to there advantage and even went behind to an 18th minute goal the relief was clear to see on the England fans when Rooney pulled England level in the second half however a sigh of disbelife from the England fans despite being far fewer in number than the Saudi fans could be heard when the home side re took the lead with what looked like the winner however somehow England saved themselves in the 83rd minute to somehow keep there hopes alive.

With England facing Paraguay next a team that has already thumped them 4-1 in this group the hopes of England seem to be fading with a final game against Ghana possibly being a last ditch hope that is if they can get anything against Paraguay how look favorites for the group with a game in hand over England and Venezuela who could yet upset England further

Who should be given there chance

Gareth Barry

Barry has been a consistent performer for Man City for nearly 9 seasons and has contributed 39 goals to the club as well as 31 assists

Shaun Wright Phillips

Shaun seems to have been forgotten by meny since dropping down to Division 2 and while not being overly impressive at Leeds this season he was last season with 4 assists in 12 games

Gabriel Agbonlahor

Agbonlahor was a goal machine for Birmingham last season finding the net on 18 occasions and making 15 assists while not as productive this season mainly due to a lack of managerial input an international call up would not be a poor decision.

Carlton Cole

Carlton Cole has been a revelation at Fulham this season almost doubling his goal tally for his career with 14 goals so far in his previous 8 seasons he only netted 19 goals a highly confident striker at the moment exactly what England need

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

OXFORD UTD NEWS

Oxford Utd manager David Belkevitz spoke this morning about his clubs performance over the past season and spoke to SM reporters,

"I have been amazed at the attitude of my players and their will to win against all the odds. We went into this campaign as one of the favourites to go straight back down into the 4th Division yet we have continually defied all the odds. I set out to accumulate at least 38 points as no team has been relegated with this amount of points in the eight previous seasons, and we have 36 points with 11 games to play so unless there is a catastrophe, we can look to the future and next season with a sense of achievement.

We have a great squad of players but there is always room for improvement so I'm hoping that the powers that be invest some hard cash into the club and give me the tools to take Oxford Utd to the next level."

SKY-SPORTS-NEWS-cmyk.png

RICHARDSON DELIGHT AS BEE'S KEEP PRESSURE ON PLAY OFF RIVALS

Rushden & Diamonds 0-3 Brentford

Brentford last tasted league defeat on October 24th and headed for a game with a side that has sprung many shock results on the bigger sides in division four so far this season. The visitors have been in good form since Richardson's explosion after their 6-5 defeat at the hands of Swindon Town. No punches were held as the boss told his players exactly what their problem was. This method of home truths has proven to be a masterstroke with Brentford going 6 games unbeaten with four wins and two draws.

It took Brentford until the start of the second half to make the breakthrough, a poorly defended corner left Pedro with a sweetly struck half volley into the roof of the net. Roman Vorobyev put clear daylight between the two sides just 7 minutes later. Torres picked out Driver on the left and he skipped by his man before cutting the ball back to Amoah who slipped the ball into the Russian and he finished off a great move with a neat shot into the top corner for 2-0. Matthew Amoah finished the game off with five minutes to go after latching on to a Pedro through ball before rounding the keeper and stroking the ball into an empty net.

34908_news.jpg

Man of the Match Matthew Amoah celebrates killing Rushden & Diamonds off

Brentford were quite classy in their passing and build up play, they also defended strongly with new man Junior Rodriguez looking like a rock at the heart of their defence. Brentford have been splashing the cash and moving on players that have perhaps not lived up to Richardsons expectations.

I am happy enough with the result and the way in which we got it. I don't think there was much else we should have done if im honest. I was very happy with how we passed the ball and didn't let the opponents get a sniff of goal. Going forward we seem to have a better understanding than last season and tonight we defended very well. That is something we need more of if we are going to made any sort of headway towards the play off zone.

We have another hard trip next against Blackpool. I feel they will prove a stern test of how much we have improved and will give us a good game. I hope we play as well as we did tonight, I think if we do that then we should be looking to pick up three points. Then of course we have a very important game against a side we need to catch and that is Rochdale. I don't think the England business will get in the way of Elliot's thoughts. I would like to think he is professional enough to concentrate on his bread and butter and that is Rochdale. We are more than capable of taking six points from our next two games and if we do that, then we will see where we are and set a target for the players. At the moment, we are still a little bit away from the play off zone but if we can keep up the good work then we will have a good chance of catching up.

Brentford are playing some nice football and scoring goals. They look a lot more solid than they did in the first half of the season and are proving to be formidable opponents for any side. The fans are much more optimistic and it is credit to Richardson and the board of Brentford for standing by their man in the difficult times and Richardson looks to be repaying them now.

Guest drseanfitz

Scotland to leave.

scotlan217600.jpg

Crewe forward Jason Scotland today returned from his loan spell at Colchester and was placed straight on the transfer list by Crewe boss Sean.

The Trinidadian has had a fairly fruitful loan spell at Colchester but was struggling to get a game of late, with former Crewe strikers Orlando Sa and Nimani in such fine form, and the recent signing of Ben Sahar.

It is believed Crewe will listen to all cash offers for the striker, irrelevant of the price he is listed for.

Outside of EC106, he has appeared in every game for Wigan in the Premier League this season, starting half, and appearing as a sub in half, So is due for a rating increase this time, and probably next time as well.

Malta Annouce Failed International Manager Ryan Clarke as Manager

Malta one of the worst Internatonal teams in the world have appointed one of the worst intrenational managers as their new managers.In what seems to be the worst combinations ever there is an even worse football team.Their star player Micheal Misfud has never lived up to what Malta expected of him.

33_1191751249.gif

More changes at Gillingham have today been confirmed

gonzalez.jpg

(Carcela-Gonzalez has this lunch time been told he is free to leave Gillingham.)

After a very good 2-2 draw with Doncaster Rovers on Saturday night it is said tis hour that Division 3 side Gillingham are set to make more changes to their squad in order to avoid relegation this season. Mehdi Carcela-Gonzalez has been told he can leave Gillingham after he has served he's time at the Division 3 side and a change in youth is needed. The other player set to leave Gillingham is Romanian Defensive Midfielder Mihai Onicas who is also no longer needed at Gillingham and along with Gonzalez has been placed on the transfer market.

With no players linked with Gillingham yet we managed to catch up with Gillingham manager Jake A himself and this is what he had to say to our SkySportsNews team in a press conference moments ago, "I can now confirm that both Mehdi Carcela Gonzalez and Mihai Onicas can both leave Gillingham after serving their time at our club and I and both them feel a change in team is needed. Their is yet to be any bids for both players but they have both been linked with their old clubs Standard Liege and Steaua Bucureşti. I'm looking to bring some more players in and if I get the money I wan't for both Carcela and Onicas I will have around £5 million pounds to spend on who I like."

Gillingham impressed Priestfield on Saturday after they welcomed top of the league Doncaster Rovers to the struggling Gillingham but goals from Vukcevic and Yildrim looked to of sealed a 2-0 win against the topping table side but 2 late goals in the last 15 minutes saw both teams draw points. Gillingham go on to face Brighton and Hove Albion on Wednesday night and a win for Gillingham could do them a world of good after no win in 4 league games for the hopeful side.