English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

yE1670jY.jpg

Div 2

millwall.gif V54_1197121760.gif

Millwall 4 Norwich City 0

Review

Millwall got a paw in the play-offs on Saturday night after a 4-0 demolition job on Norwich at the New Den. The Canaries fluttered into the capital with play-off ambitions of their own, but instead found themselves in a cloud of yellow feathers, as they were ripped from wing to wing by the snarling pride of South London Lions. The Carnage began after just 11 minutes as the ever reliable Fabien Lemoine latched onto a half cleared ball, before smashing home past Veteran Dutchman Henk Timmer. Barely a minute later the Lions were almost two to the good as Timmers countryman, Maarten Martins cut in from the left before falling to his knees in exasperation after seeing the ball ricochet off the visitors post from his well hit volley. Within 10 minutes, the lively Martins Frustration turned to joy, when after latching onto a up field punt by Ferdinand he comfortably out paced the labouring Grosso before drilling the ball home on his weaker right foot. The goal stirred the East Anglians into life, and in a fine twenty minute spell they created several chances all spurned the wasteful Dirk. Eight minutes before the half time whistle, Millwall re-imposed their superiority on proceedings after Timmer spilled a long ranger from Granero into the path of the alert Argentinean who made no mistake from close range.

boselli.jpg

Man of the match Boselli

The second half proved as equally unfruitful for the visitors as the first, as the Lemoine led Millwall midfield resumed their dominance from the restart. The Lions fast interpassing game soon began to breach the Norwich rearguard, forcing a smart save from Timer too deny Granero from close range. Ten minutes into the half the Lions made it four, with man of the Boselli grabbing his second of the game with a smart turn and shot from the edge of the box. Seeing the match effectively over, the Lions switched to a defensive 4-5-1 formation exchanging Boselli, Grafite and Granero for widemen Mcgeady and Dia with Loic Remy taking the solitary role up front. With 20 minutes left on the clock Norwich hitman Dirk Kuyt spurned a glorious chance for a consolation goal as the Lions cantered over the finish line with ease. After the game, a clearly exicted Boselli spoke of the optimism at the New Den:

‘‘ We were beasts tonight with Wild gnashing teeth, blazing eyes and thrashing claws , we were crazed wildmen grrr!. The boss demanded a performance and it was great to hear him declare himself pleased after the game. I was delighted with my two goals today, Norwich are a good team and But I think it was fair to say that we dominated them throughout. That’s 8 for the season for me now and I am really pleased with my form at the moment. Our primary target this season was 45 points to once more ensure our survival, and now that is within our grasp we can afford to concentrate on ensuring the highest finish possible. If we can continue as we have done of late I see no reason why that might not even mean automatic promotion Grrrrr !!!.’’

The three points sees the Lions climb into 4th place, leapfrogging the misfiring Cardiff and the dreadfully poor Crystal Palace with Norwich tumbling to 11th. Next up for Millwall is a visit to the New Den from relegation battlers Watford before next weekends crunch visit to the black country to face Stoke City, the first in a series of season defining games against play-off rivals.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

SHOCK EXIT FOR RUSSELL AT OXFORD UTD

News just breaking from the Kassam Stadium that ever present defensive midfield ace Darel Russell has been sold to Milton Keynes Dons for a fee of around 3.4 million pounds. Russell, who has started in all of Oxford Utd's league matches this season was a prominent member of the squad and this will come as a shock to the die hard Oxford Utd fans.

FootballNorwichRussellProfile_555425.jpg

Although a defensive midfielder, Russell scored six goals in his 27 league games and had six assists.

The news comes as a shock as Oxford Utd's performances this season have had a lot to do with the dynamic midfielders presence.

Alain Traore, follows him out the door in a deal worth around 1.7 million from AJ Auxerre.

brSP_1532065_1_px_501__w_ouestfrance_.jpg

The twenty year old midfieldfer had a good run in the team last season but couldn't find a way into the side with the addition of two loan players Badelj and Lodeiro, who have both been outstanding for the O's this season.

Manager David Belkevitz said that there was no rift between the players and the club and he wishes them all the best for the future. The sale of these two players will boost the clubs spending to around 6 million pounds, and with SMFA restructuring the leagues budget system, things are looking a bit rosier for the club.

football%20league%202.gif

Div 4 Latest

106_front_small.png82_1194253895.gif1_front_small.png

Dida Moves to Div 4 Strugglers,Walsall

041007dida.jpg

Dida set to Poised a challenge to Felipe's No.1 spot

Today,38 years old Brazilian Goal Keeper Nélson DIDA is set to arrive from Italian Club,Milan.The 88 rated Keeper is brought to help the club next season and is likely to have his Debut handed on the next Game against Bristol City instead of on Loaned Luiz FELIPE.Does this mean that Luiz FELIPE is set to be Sent back to Darlington If Dida impress in the next game?

Heres what Cun jue Peh has to say about this,

It is a Very good piece of news,Dida's arrival can definatly help us.Sure,Luiz FELIPE might face a Challenge for the No.1 spot but i do belive that Dida feature instead of Felipe in between the sticks.However,Note,If Dida is able to play well,than we would send Felipe back,But if Dida Fails to do so,we would Keep Felipe for now.

Guest drseanfitz

Crewe end transfer drought

Crewe today completed the signing of 20 year old Belgian midfielder Mehdi Carcela-Gonzalez.

mehdicarcelagonzalez395.jpg

The exciting young midfielder has joined for a fee of £4.7 million from Gillingham, and represent the way things are changing for Crewe, as they transform into a club that can make long term plans for their players, as oppose to trying to find players they can make a quick profit on.

The 20 year old was recently at the centre of an international struggle between Belgium and Morocco, and he opted to go for Belgium, his homeland, and they obliged by calling him up to their latest squad.

mehdicarcelagonzalez.jpg

Crewe fans can now look forward to a team for the next few years with an outstanding spine of mainly young players:

Carrasso, Bolat

Riise, Camozzato, Friedrich, Cahill, Alderweireld, N'Koulou, Lowry

Carcela-Gonzalez, Modric, Suarez, Ruiz, Elia, Dorrans

Lukaku, Bellamy, Goodwillie

Huddersfield Town v Preston NE

Match Preview

Preston travel to the Galpharm on the back of a six game unbeaten run, the last a 4-1 win over English Shield finalists Cardiff. Huddersfield, on the other hand, won for the first time in six games against Sheffield Wednesday, and despite a large first team squad to choose from, manager Dermo O'Brien can't seem to find a balance.

Sheffield Wednesday are expected to field the same XI as against Sheffield Wednesday, with Alvaro Negredo spearheading the attack. Marocs Senna is overlooked again as the Spaniard desperately tries to engineer a way out of Huddersfield, and Marcus Berg wont play again this season after a setback in his treatment for a broken wrist.

Preston look set to name an unchaged side from that which demolished Cardiff 4-1. Manager James Burrow said that his team were now playing the style of football that wins titles, but conceded that they are too far off the pace to mount a title challenge. He also praised midfielder Tom Huddlestone on his successful return to the club:

"Tom is doing very well since his move. I was reluctant to sell him in the first place, but due to the club's relegation and the poor finances, he had to go. But I planned to buy him back, and now we have an England international and helathy finances. His goal on Saturday sums him up, he's a powerhouse who can shake off defenders, I dont know why he plays at defensive-mid, he's be a good playmaker."

Joint-top scorer Peter Crouch will remain in the side, with the 6ft 7in forward in the form of his life. Nilmar may be recalled to the side after his recent performances for the national side.

newcastle-united-badge1.jpgVS sunderland-badge.jpg

Newcastle tomorrow night play host to local rivals Sunderland. And Newcastle Boss Stephen Butler has announced his line up 24 hours before kick off!

Casillas

Cannavaro Nesta Abidal

Maxi Roderiguez Raul Garcia Lampard Robinho

Iniesta

Nihat Klose

Newcastle have a strong line up with only M. Diarra missing with a twisted ankle.

Butler as choose to go with 3 at the back and feels this is game we should be getting 3 points from and we have 1 thought and that is to win.

When Butler got the job at Newcastle were rock bottom of the table and a win tonight would see Newcastle go up to 14th and could be as far as 10points from the dropzone.

Sunderland have a strong team, but Mathieu DELPIERRE out with a dead leg and Steve Sidwell and Gladkyy both out with suspension.

The transfer market has slowed down for Newcastle asfet the arrival of Nesta, Cannavaro, Lampard, Di Santo, Petrov, Drenthe and Albrighton. But Butler says " I have a couple of high profile targets that are avaiable in the next few weeks and i will be making a big effort but im sure there will be other clubs interested also"

Match Preview

Division 2

16289_badge.jpg v aston%20villa%20badge.gif

Middlesbrough look set to drop there defensive 4-2-3-1 approach and opting for a more attacking 3-4-3 formation with Boro set to throw everthing including the Kitchen sink at Aston Villa with a win vital tommorow night if they are to maintain there push for automatic promotion also a vital game for Villa who as one of the pre season favorites find themselves down in 7th.

Middlesbrough look set to use the same tactics as they did against Tranmere in a friendly on Sunday with that result going in favour of Middlesbrough with an efficent 2-1 win and as such name an unchanged starting eleven with Christian Benitez,Halil Altintop who is looking to force his way into David Belkevitz Turkey squad and on loan David Nugent set to make a full league appearance since his loan spell at Hull last season Nugent clearly impressed against Tranmere with the 24y/o netting the first goal Boro's other goal scorer Baris Ozbek also keeps his place in the team.

On the bench there are 3 changes dropped are Marcelo Cardozo,Besart Abdurahimi and Araújo Tinga in place of these three are on loan Gaetano D'Agostino,Michel Kadlec and Igor Semshov they join Jose Maria Guti and Pablo Ledesma.

Aston Villa are without the influential defender Javier Zanetti who is currently on a 3 match ban while Daniel Van Buyten,Fernando Gago and Correia Adriano are all fitness doubts with Van Buyten a serious fitness doubt

Ferguson - "We Are Up For It!"

Leyton Orient playmaker, Barry Ferguson answered a few questions at a recent interview ahead of Leyton Orients clash with Crewe Alexandra.

Reporter - "So are you & the team prepared for the big game?"

Barry Ferguson - "Yeah we are up for it big time! I think when it comes to these big games, its when really perform our best."

Reporter - "How does the manager prepare you for these kind of games?"

Barry Ferguson - "Haha, well he loves a programme called scrubs and before every game we will watch an episode of it. Fair play its a really funny programme!"

Reporter - "Also how do you personally prepare for games?"

Barry Ferguson - "Well i have a playlist of songs i like to listen right up untill we walk out the tunnel, my favourite of the playlist has to be Shy Fx - I dont wanna know....yeah the one off Soccer Am!

Reporter - "Crewe have signed alot of great players recently, what chance do you think you have of winning?"

Barry Ferguson - Yeah i guess they have got alot of good players, but so do we and if we go out their and playas good as i know we can, thenj they stand a chance to be honest."

Reporter - "Who is the key player in the team?"

Barry Ferguson - "Each an every single player in the squad is key to Leyton Orients success and without them we wouldnt be as good as we are."

Reporter - "Finally, where do you think you can finish in the league?"

Barry Ferguson - "We can still finish in the top spot, i mean its not impossible, so why not push for it? ;)"

Reporter - "Thats very ambisious! Anyway, thanks Barry, good luck tommorow!"

Barry Ferguson - "Cheers Mukka!"

Its expected that Barry Ferguson is to be leading the team arm with the captains arm-band after a shaky few games for Buss Henrique, whether its long term or not is still a mystery....;)

breaking-news.gif

37287253.png66363507.gif12382124.gif

Toloi Swaps Northampton for Crewe in World Shocker!!

It has been announced that Northampton Town Captain Rafael Toloi is joining Crewe Alexandra from Northampton Town. £6,000,000 & Philipp Prosenik & Massimo Paci will join the Cobblers with James Collins joining in early December for £7,000,000. Sean Campbell is sad to lose Toloi but is gaining 3 very good players.Toloi was a rock for Northampton this season being appointed as captain In the Division 4 Strugglers.With the sale of Tim Ward Northampton are gaining two defenders in this deal to make up for that loss. Qnother 4 players should be joining tomorrow.

Will do more later as I'm off now.

yE1670jY.jpg

Div 2

83_1200424529.gifV millwall.gif

Watford v Millwall

Preview

Millwall boss Dave Izod is taking nothing for granted tomorrow night as the 4th placed Lions, face relegation battlers Watford at Vicarage road. The Lions go to the game as very much the favourites after amassing points 12 from the last 5 games, the last of which was the weekends empathetic 4-0 hammering of Norwich. In their first season back in the 2cnd tier, last years division 3 Champions Watford have struggled to claw their way to safety so far this campaign. A dreadful run of defeats had seen them spiral down the table, but the Hornets have rallied of late after picking up a vital win at Crystal Palace they have remained unbeaten in 4 games. Speaking from the New Den this evening Izod was quick to down play the chances of another big win for the Lions:

‘ There’s no doubt about it we go into the game as favourites, we are in great shape and there is a growing sense of optimism both within the club and on the terraces. That said its vital that we approach the game in the right manner. Watford have taken their time to adapt to division 2 life but after a unconvincing start, they are fighting hard for their survival and come to the game on the back of a great result at Charlton. Its very tight at the bottom and every point is a lifeline, I can see them coming to the game eager for a scrap and being difficult to beat. That said it’s a game I expect to win, we have got too much class for them particularly in the centre of midfield and at the back they are notoriously weak. So I expect them to bring the game to us, probably down the flanks through Marchionni and Nasri, if they come to the game adopting the same 4-5-1 formation as they did at Charlton then we will destroy them.’

090330101350_12.jpg

Eight goal Remy set to return

Millwall make the short journey to North London with a full strength squad and Izod may choose to rest key front man Ed Gafite in favour of a Loic Remy, Mauro Boselli striking partnership. Earlier on this season the Lions took all three points in a tight 2-1 victory at the New Den, with early goals from Remy and Ahumada.

Preston deny Irish link

Preston boss James Burrow has rubbished rumours that Preston were set to sign three Irish internationals. The players in question are supposedly 27 year old Liam Lawrence, 25 year old Glenn Whelan and 29 year old Keith Andrews.

"The newspapers must be having a quiet day, as I havent even got these three players on my radar. They arent the sort of players which I want at the club. They may be better at a lower Division 2 squad, as they are nowhere near first team standard."

Another player who will not be joining Preston is veteran midfielder Michael Ballack, who's move broke down after the Fulham manager went AWOL.

"We have had no choice but to cancel the bid as no-one is picking up the phone at Fulham. Michael would be a good player, and despite the season-ending injury, we would have been prepared to take the wage costs off Fulham, but if they dont respond, we cannot keep the bid going. We will have to look elsewhere."

In related news, goalkeeper Joe Hart may have come back from the dead AGAIN, after Burrow mentioned he may start tonight. 22 year old Hart has been on the transfer list for weeks, and already three undisclosed parties are in negotiations with him, but the manager is reluctant to sell, instead giving Hart his 6th and final chance to impress.

Mancienne joins Cardiff on loan

16332_1209755861.jpg

Michael Mancienne will rejoin Cardiff on loan until the end of the season to replace Aaron Hughes, who will only return close to the end of the season. Mancienne will take on his role and has been named on the bench for a 'grudge match' against Fulham.

Manager KopStar has labelled the match with Fulham as a must-win. He said 'We have had mixed form and failure to win tonight could see us fall out of the play-off spots for the first time since I took over. We are only ahead of Crystal Palace on goal difference. Aston Villa, Middlesborough and Leeds United are all within three points of us. Its a must win not only because it's a club I used to manage but it could define our season.'

Squad news will spring a major selection surprise with Polish youngster Petr Malecki set to start in place of Portuguse international Liedson. Malecki scored twice in two minutes in the shield semi and has 8 goals in 7 non league matches (5 games in league, 1 start, 0 goals).

Finally Burkinese Salif DIANDA will return to Sangiovannese for just under 200k. He was bought earlier in the season but has failed to represent the club in the league, adn only played 2 cup games

Guest drseanfitz

One of our managers is missing

The SMFA today started a world wide hunt for Crystal Palace manager Paul Holt.

holt1249235403.jpg

Mr Holt is well known within the EC106 community, and a day rarely goes by without the outspoken manager sharing his opinions with his fellow managers. However for nearly a week now, nothing has been heard from Holty.

Rumours are flying around that Milwall manager Dave Izod has sent a bunch of Milwall fans round to Mr Holts house to "take care" of the Palace boss, and that an imposter is currently taking his place at Selhurst park.

Palace defender Richard Stearman spoke of his concern for his manager:

"The gaffer hasn't been seen for nearly a week now. We come in each morning to find instructions and team selections on the board in the changing room, and his office shows signs of work being done, but we haven't seen hide nor hair of him."

Records also show that Mr Holt(or someone using his account) has regularly been accessing the EC106 managers official forum on a near daily, however there is been no posting's by the man himself since this post on the evening of last Thursday:

In the middle of Izod and Belkevitz?......i can just hear them both now' date=' sharpening their knives.

If I never speak to any of my fellow managers again, then thanks for the ride

[/quote']

It was thought at the time that it was just another drunken message, but despite attempts by several managers to contact him, there has been no further contact, and it now looks like Paul was aware of his incoming fate.

longnose.jpg

Prime suspect Dave Izod.

(Milwall fan...enuf said)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

OXFORD UTD UNVEIL NEW SIGNING

Oxford Utd unveiled their new signing, Manuel Bruno China, who has just signed for the club from Mallorca on a deal reported to be around 4 million pounds.

DanielGuizaNew.jpg

He will take over from Darel Russell in the holding position in midfield. The 27 year old Portugese star said he was delighted with the chance of playing in England.

The Oxford Utd coach spoke this morning about the signing, "I have had my eye on Manuel for a while and made the conscious decision to sell Russell in order to fund the deal for him. Darel was a good servant to the club but we have to move on and Manuel is the start of a new beginning for the club. If the paperwork is finalised before today's match, then he will go straight into the match against Port Vale."

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

One of our managers is missing

The SMFA today started a world wide hunt for Crystal Palace manager Paul Holt.

holt1249235403.jpg

Mr Holt is well known within the EC106 community' date=' and a day rarely goes by without the outspoken manager sharing his opinions with his fellow managers. However for nearly a week now, nothing has been heard from Holty.[/color']

Rumours are flying around that Milwall manager Dave Izod has sent a bunch of Milwall fans round to Mr Holts house to "take care" of the Palace boss, and that an imposter is currently taking his place at Selhurst park.

Palace defender Richard Stearman spoke of his concern for his manager:

"The gaffer hasn't been seen for nearly a week now. We come in each morning to find instructions and team selections on the board in the changing room, and his office shows signs of work being done, but we haven't seen hide nor hair of him."

Records also show that Mr Holt(or someone using his account) has regularly been accessing the EC106 managers official forum on a near daily, however there is been no posting's by the man himself since this post on the evening of last Thursday:

It was thought at the time that it was just another drunken message, but despite attempts by several managers to contact him, there has been no further contact, and it now looks like Paul was aware of his incoming fate.

longnose.jpg

Prime suspect Dave Izod.

(Milwall fan...enuf said)

Adding to the mystery of the missing Crystal Palace manager, the Millwall Board of Directors, seen below,

285178680_tp.jpg

made no comment on the subject.

The only words that came from Ronnie and Reggie Kray was, " That they wuz pleased wiv the way Izod was handling fings at his end.":p

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Millwall joint chairmen, Reggie and Ronnie Kray were seen hurriedly making their way to the New Den after speculation that Paul Holt was wearing a "concrete suit" on the new developments on London's docklands.

thumbnail.aspx?q=1398709291483&id=9f22906776e42633a882dea04d6419da&url=http%3a%2f%2fkingdomofstyle.typepad.co.uk%2fmy_weblog%2fimages%2f2008%2f04%2f29%2fthekrays_2.jpg

The pair, would not comment on the Paul Holt investigation saying, "We ain't got nuffink to say, you better speak to our briefs and get out of our faces if ya know what's good for ya!"

When asked why they were in such a hurry to speak to the Millwall manager, Dave "The Hitman" Izod, they abruptly said,"We wanna know the team he is putting out for todays game against Watford....we got a feeling that it's gonna end up a draw :P, and Mr Izod needs to know our expectations on this match, 9/4 is good odds for a score draw and although we don't gamble ourselves :rolleyes:, there could be some bonus pay coming his way...... if he gets our drift. We are just going to 'explain' a few fings to make sure he is on the same page so to speak, otherwise it won't be a little brown parcel he receives in the post tomorrow. Know what I mean Guv?

INKOOM GRADUATES FROM EAGLES YOUTH ACADEMY

c627b5ab04d6ab81b9ae8859785c1d74-getty-fbl-afr2009-gha-sen.jpg

Ghana defender Samuel Inkoom has become the first notable player to graduate from the "World Famous Paul Holt Youth Academy". The Youth Academy, sponsored by Texaco, was Holt's idea when he first took over Palace 4 seasons ago. Holt knew that if Palace were to become an established Division 1 side then they had to become a club which produced top class players on a regular basis. Money from selling the Academy graduates would ensure Palace would not lag behind teams such as Blackburn, Darlington and Sunderland financially. Samuel Inkoom was initially bought from Hearts of Oak for only £750k and has shown immense potential while in the Academy. He has caught the eye of many scouts all over Europe and it is understood that Palace have accepted a bid of £3.8m from Swiss side FC Basel.

Holt said "Sammy has done well in the Academy and we all feel that in order to fulfil his full potential, myself and the coach's feel its best he moves on. He will become a great player and I wouldn't be surprised if we see him play in the English league in the future."

Inkoom maybe the first graduate to leave the nest but will unlikely be the last with the likes of Scott Loach, Thiago Alcantara, Chris Wood and Denys Harmash already flapping their wings.

0,,10323~6553915,00.jpg

Match Review

Division 2

16289_badge.jpg3 v 0aston%20villa%20badge.gif

Middlesbrough had to throw everything into tonights game against Aston Villa playing a risky 3-4-3 formation however the risk has paid off with a comfortable 3-0 win over the one time promotion favorites with the game sealed in 28 minutes despite the possession being more or less evenly split however it took Boro just 7 minutes to break the deadlock with Axel Witsel continuing his fine season with an excellent volley only 9 minutes past for Middlesbrough's 2nd goal with a the out of favour David Nugent repaying the faith of manager Philip Gibbon by putting him in the starting eleven with an excellent curling shot from a short corner Middlesbrough completed the onslaught in the 28th minute when Halil Altintop's miss hit shot found its way under the Aston Villa keeper Altintop should have had a 2nd goal in the 66th minute when his shot was miraculously cleared off the line with the Turkish forward having a fine game and certainly warranting an international start.

The win moves Middlesbrough up to 6th and back into the playoffs just 2pts behind 2nd placed Fulham while Aston Villa drop to 9th but still only 3pts behind Boro.

Huddersfield end Preston run

Preston's run of six games unbeaten came to an unexpected end last night at the hands of Huddersfield. Despite the away handicap, it was expected that Preston would win easily after defeating Shield finalists Cardiff 4-1. But goals from Semak and Rosina sealed the win, with Peter Crouch scoring his tenth of the season in-between.

After the game, manager James Burrow announced that Joe Hart had left the club after the game, and had joined Olympiacos for £10m. Also, the club announced the signing of Dutch winger Eljero Elia from Crewe.

Elia has been a massive hit at Crewe, scoring six goals in 21 appearances from the wing, and scored 5 in 10 during a loan spell at Wycombe last season. He is expected to battle it out with Lennon and Marin for the right wing position, after Steven Pienaar was sold as part of the deal. The overall deal breaks the £14m club transfer record set by Nilmar less than a month ago, and takes Preston's spending up to £87.1m.

yE1670jY.jpg

Div 2

83_1200424529.gifV millwall.gif

Watford v Millwall

Preview

Millwall boss Dave Izod is taking nothing for granted tomorrow night as the 4th placed Lions, face relegation battlers Watford at Vicarage road. The Lions go to the game as very much the favourites after amassing points 12 from the last 5 games, the last of which was the weekends empathetic 4-0 hammering of Norwich. In their first season back in the 2cnd tier, last years division 3 Champions Watford have struggled to claw their way to safety so far this campaign. A dreadful run of defeats had seen them spiral down the table, but the Hornets have rallied of late after picking up a vital win at Crystal Palace they have remained unbeaten in 4 games. Speaking from the New Den this evening Izod was quick to down play the chances of another big win for the Lions:

‘ There’s no doubt about it we go into the game as favourites, we are in great shape and there is a growing sense of optimism both within the club and on the terraces. That said its vital that we approach the game in the right manner. Watford have taken their time to adapt to division 2 life but after a unconvincing start, they are fighting hard for their survival and come to the game on the back of a great result at Charlton. Its very tight at the bottom and every point is a lifeline, I can see them coming to the game eager for a scrap and being difficult to beat. That said it’s a game I expect to win, we have got too much class for them particularly in the centre of midfield and at the back they are notoriously weak. So I expect them to bring the game to us, probably down the flanks through Marchionni and Nasri, if they come to the game adopting the same 4-5-1 formation as they did at Charlton then we will destroy them.’

090330101350_12.jpg

Eight goal Remy set to return

Millwall make the short journey to North London with a full strength squad and Izod may choose to rest key front man Ed Gafite in favour of a Loic Remy, Mauro Boselli striking partnership. Earlier on this season the Lions took all three points in a tight 2-1 victory at the New Den, with early goals from Remy and Ahumada.

Daniel Alvaro Pereira put on the market

13260_200x250.jpg

Middlesbrough's left back left midfielder Daniel Alvaro Pereira has been made available for transfer the Uruguayan international has found himself on the fringes of the Middlesbrough team since joining 2 seasons ago and has only made 2 league appearances since then for Boro spending most of his time out on loan while on loan he made 28 appearances for Ipswich last season and this season made 10 league appearances for Blackpool where he also scored 3 goals and made 3 assists

Name:Daniel Alvaro Pereira

Rating:87(+1) (Date: 12-2-2009)

Games:40

Goals:4

Assists:4

Asking Price:£6,500,000

SoccermanagerTimescopy.jpg

Tremoulinas reveals desire to return to Charlton

2479481263_2.jpg

Tremoulinas wants a switch to higher division

Brentford defender Benoit Tremoulinas, who is on loan from Charlton Athletic, has revealed he has a huge desire to return to Charlton Athletic. The 23-year-old left-back has recently joined Division 4 side Brentford on loan and is enjoying a good run of first-team football in Darren Richardson's team, playing five matches. He has also notched a goal in the 4-1 victory against Luton Town. Tremoulinas, however, believed he is much ready to play in the Division 2.

"I have a huge desire to return to Division 2," he told The Soccer Manager Times. "I feel it is time for me to challenge for a place in Charlton. I must say I have learnt a lot while at Brentford but I don't have a chance to prove myself as a good player if I were to play in the last English Division.

"In my first season with Charlton, I played considerably well. I had an insight into English football and learned a lot. The manager (Dean Bryant) helped me througout my entire training and I want to repay him with good performances. But I don't want to force them to terminate my loan contract. If I am told to stay at Brentford, I will still do my best here."

Guest drseanfitz

Pienaar in, Elia out

stevenpienaar280x804505.jpg

South African international Steven Pienaar today arrived at Gresty Road as part of a £20 million pound exchange deal that saw Dutchman Eljeiro Elia join Preston North End, with Steven and £12million arriving at Crewe.

The 27 year old winger has signed a 4 year contract and will make his debut in tonights friendly against Manchester United.

tolioex00.jpg

Next in line for Crewe is Brazilian U20 international defender Rafael Toloi, who is due to arrive in a 2 stage, 4 man transfer swap deal, that will see Massimo Paci, Phillipp Prosenik and, eventually, James Collins all join Northampton town.

This is a huge gamble buy the club, risking 3 players for the one, however Crewe have decided to take the gamble on the defender, who will one day lead Brazil's defensive line.

Guest 1CapWonder

Sutcliffe Claims Kitson + Lambert The Best In 106

125px-rochdale_badge.png

Sutcliffe rates his top 2 above all others...

RickieLambert_1071408.jpgDave-Kitson-12_1298874.jpg

The pair have scored 26 goals between them this season

Rickie Lambert and Dave Kitson were heaped with praise by their manager, following a 3-1 defeat of Rushden and Diamonds on Wednesday night. Sutcliffe claimed that together, they were the most feared outfit in not just Division 4, but the whole of EC106. Despite having been with Dale since Season 1, Lambert had only scored 45 goals in that time. This season, alongside Kitson, he has 16 already. Kitson himself was not a regular goalscorer, despite managing 139 games for Reading in 7 seasons. He has widely been acknowledge throughout his career for his assists, but for the first time ever, he has reached double figures in a season. Rushden found out that when both of them are fit and alongside each other, they can be a deadly combination...

Rochdale 3-1 Rushden + Diamonds

Rochdale went into this home game against Luton with 2 wins on the bounce, and Brentford coming up on Saturday. Just 9 minutes in, they got off to the worst possible start, Rubenilson Kanu putting the visitors in the lead. 2 minutes later though, and Dale were level. Dave Kitson smashing the ball, out of frustration more than anything, and past a helpless Iain Turner in the Rushden goal. 1-1.

Kitson2.jpg

Kitson scored a quick, vital equaliser

In between the 2 quick goals, Rushden Defender Brahim Thiam was booked for a dangerous high challenge. Minutes after James McCarthy hit the post when the scores were level, Thiam's stupidity and petulance showed, as he kicked the ball away as Dale prepared to take a free-kick. Having already been cautioned, he was given his deserved marching orders and Rushden were reduced to 10 men. In the midst of the sending off, experienced Winger Trevor Sinclair stepped up against young Dale fullback Kieran Gibbs, who was subsequently cautioned for his part in a scuffle. Finally, for 10 minutes, the game calmed, but George Boyd was determined to end that, and on 28 minutes, cut inside and curled a beautiful left footed shot past Turner and into the top corner. Dale were in front, and looked to now run away with the game.

Boydie.jpg

George Boyd scored a stunning goal to put Dale in the lead

Just before, and for the rest of the second half, the game got heated. There were 3 more bookings brandished, 2 to Rushden players in the 2nd half. Boyd began to boss play, cutting infield from both wings, and dictating the tempo of the game. However, Rushden could have got back into it. Amidst of a host of Dale chances, striker Michael Mols had a chance to draw level for Diamonds, hitting the post. With 10 minutes to go, Rickie Lambert made sure there were no such scares for the side he was captaining. A contender for goal of the season was witnessed at Spotland, as the big striker brought the ball down, beat 2 players in the centre of the park, and let fly from 40 yards, the ball hammered home into the corner.

_44431575_rovers_getty.jpg

Dale players swarm Lambert following his wonder strike

It is certainly a relief to have him a 100% fit for Rochdale. A sticky spell seems to have now ended and doubts about their position in the league will be left to rest if they can pick up even a point on Saturday away to Richardson's Brentford. The spectacle is likely to be one of the picks of the games in 106, as the home side go into the game in great form, whilst Sutcliffe and his team travel on the back of 9 pts from 9. However, it is England that need the 3 pts on Friday for Sutcliffe. If they don't, the World Cup dream is over, before it has even begun...

Guest drseanfitz

Crewe Alexandra 1 - 2 Manchester United

Half Time: (1 - 1)

D.ZOKORA 14

W.ROONEY 10, 55

Possession

46% 54%

Total Shots

9 9

Shots On Target

8 3

Corners

10 3

Yellow Cards

0 0

Red Cards

0 0

Crewe Alexandra lost out by a single goal against a vastly superior Manchester United side.

New signing Steven Pienaar marked his debut with the ball that set up Didier Zakora's equaliser, but started to look a little jaded as the game went on, and a second half switch of wing didn't make him enhance his performance.

Crewe now face a tough trip to Hull on Saturday as they attempt to resurrect their league form.