English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

sky-sports-logo_1756094.jpg

**BREAKING NEWS**

Skysports news have unconfirmed reports coming out of both Selhurst Park and The New Den that Crystal Palace have accepted a bid from Division 1 side and fierce local rivals Millwall FC for Andre-Pierre Gignac.

..............more to follow.

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• pipgib

• Longnose

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread 17th May, 2010 Let the celebrations begin! Ipswich Town 1-3 Gillingham Wednesday night, Portman Road, 20:00pm was the night that Gillin

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread Another Joins Peterb-Moscow Romanian midfielder joins the club The Eastern-European contingent currently present at Peterborough has grown b

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread JS: Hello and welcome to a special edition of Gillette Soccer Special with me Jeff Stelling, this Wednesday night. Tonight we will be reportin

swmastgif.gif

102994631.lsOKYHvR.jpg

Holt and Izod Leave the hotel this evening

Mysterious events in South London tonight with long term enemies Millwall Boss Dave Izod and rival manager Palaces Paul Holt, spotted outside London’s Tower bridge hotel bidding each other a warm farewell after sharing early evening drinks and canapés at the select Thames side stop over. With Izod relinquishing the reins of the team to director of football Dennis Wise for tonight’s English Shield defeat at Tranmere, its thought the two had returned to the Hotel private bar after day long talks in the penthouse suite. With, what onlookers described as, a discreet but obviously good natured 2 hour session in the bar, Holts shrill laughter could be heard as they left arm in arm to waiting cabs outside the rear entrance. Quite what the two sworn enemies were discussing has yet to be revealed, but if the meeting is anything to go by, EC 106 may well be witnessing the final ceasefire in what has been one of its longest running and bitterest of feuds.

sitelogo

GIGNAC: "IM OPEN TO MILLWALL MOVE"

gignac-irlande-france.jpg

"Im happy to join Millwall" declares Gignac

After early reports this evening stating that Palace have accepted a bid from local rivals Millwall FC for their star striker Andre-Pierre Gignac, the France International declared that he was "open to a transfer to the Lions". Gignac is Crystal Palaces prize asset after signing for The Eagles 3 1/2 seasons ago. He has played 92 times for the club (20 of which coming from the bench) and scored 20 goals. 20 goals from such a talented striker may not be much, but Holt primarily used Gignac as a attacking midfielder or just behind either a front one or a front two. Here as well as scoring 20 goals, he also came up with 20 assists. Holt once described Gignac as "Crystal Palaces Benzema" and he thinks very highly of Andre after he has progressed very well while working under the guidence of Palaces talented coach's. Its very unlikely that Holt will have accepted a bid for Gignac unless it met his valuation of £23m especially from his firce rival, so as this transfer goes on, more is likely to be revealed. Holt has lately become frustrated that Gignac has not scored enough goals, especially this season where he has played as the main striker, but as Holt is also the French manager, Gignac may also feel a little under pressure. It is also understood that Andre is very happy living in London and would not transfer to a different team unless he could still live in his South London home.

683.gif

Black Cats progress

268_front_small.pngSunderland 3 - 0 Swindon3_front_small.png

R. BOBADILLA (7), (19)

F. JUSSIE (48)

29141_1210902718.jpg3860_1230751278.jpg

Sunderland got the result they wanted in their English SHield match tonight. ALthough the opposition wasn't the strongest the performance was good and the team looked happy for the first time in a number of weeks. There even seemed to be a smile on Dai Winston's face at one point, something that has not been seen for a long time. Winston said after the game;

" Its a step in the right direction I feel. We just need to regain that winning feeling I think. We are unbeaten in three games now, we have to progress from here and take it a game at a time. We have the playes to cause teams problems and I know we are better than the League table shows. "

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

logo_mol.gif

BRUNO CHINA DEPARTS AILING OXFORD UTD!

27 Year old Bruno China has left Oxford Utd after only 22 games for the club. He returns to Mallorca for a fee of just over 7 million pounds. China, below

458240.jpg

said that he enjoyed his time at Oxford Utd but refused to comment on any rift between himself and the Oxford Utd coach David Belkevitz,below,

david-moyes.jpg

He said that things just didn't work out as he had planned and wanted to return to Spain.

The outspoken Oxford Utd boss refused to speculate on the dramatic exit of the Portugese star and would only say that it was in both parties interest.

It has been well documented that the under fire coach has complained of lack of money to strengthen his squad and will not be happy to see one of his star players leave in his time of trouble.

He said,"In football, sometimes we have to make decisions we normally wouldn't make and suffice to say that I'm not happy in losing Bruno. He was settling in well but I have to think about the bigger picture and right now, all I'm focussed on is our match against Ipswich Town tomorrow evening."

sitelogo

Yeovil's Simunic, 10 Million Only

josipsimunic_narrowweb__300x409,0.jpg

Simunick, Yeovil & Croatian Defender

Yeovil Town have today reported that thier defender, Simunic, will only go for 10 million plus or player exchanged for another defender. Reports came from Holty's transfer gossip article from the BBC that Tranmere, Charlton & Sheffield United are on the verge of signing the Croatian if his price was dropped but Tom was having none of it. In a report with Ian Wright, he said "Simunic is a great experienced defender and is a leader of men. He knows what to do with the ball every time he has it, he can even score a couple of decent goals as proved before. Now if you think im going to let him go for under 10 million think again. Talents like this are hard to find, and unless you can offer me 10 million or another great centre back in his place, then you can find yourself another deal elsewhere.

Preston sign yet another striker!

When will the spending stop at Deepdale? Preston took their transfer spending to a whopping £86.1m with the signing of Danish international Nicklas Bendtner from Huddersfield Town.

nicklasbendtner.jpg

Bendtner becomes the third forward to sign in the past week

The 22 year old striker, who didnt play one game for his old club, cost Preston £14m, the same amount as what was paid for flop Nilmar, and what was received from selling him. Bendtner signs a 5 year deal stretching to Season 14, which manager James Burrow admitted may be past his tenure at the club.

Strangely, Bendtner's preferred number of 52 was already taken. Spanish striker Dani Pacheco was given that number at the beginning of the season. However the Spaniard offered the number to Bendtner during the first training session, with Pacheco taking the vacant 47.

Bendtner could make his debut from the bench against Notts County, whose lack of squad depth has been emphasised further still by the loss of Younes Kaboul to injury. Their injury list now reads:

Lars Jacobsen

Gavin McCann

Anton Ferdinand

Freddy Guarin

Younes Kaboul

Tore Regininiussen

Ivan Riki

With Anas Sharbini still suspended, thats eight absentees from a squad of 24.

Guest 1CapWonder

2igy5cm.png

Dale Dare To Dream

federico_macheda3_1379675c.jpg

Swansea 0-3 Rochdale: Macheda Magic Sends Dale Through

The 3rd Round of the FA Cup is always likely to provide more than cheap thrills. 16,000 turned up to watch Swansea face a second string Rochdale side and for the home fans, they left very unhappy. For those brave enough to make the journey into the away end, it was nothing but joy as Addison and co booked their team a place in the 4th round, thanks to a wonderful display all round. Tom Huddlestone was watching his new side from the stands, keeping an eye out in particular, for young Miles Addison, who has been under light scrutiny this week, following an on-off move to Crystal Palace. He didn't disappoint however, leading his side magnificently in what is arguably performance of the season alongside the victory away at Man United.

Cheltenham+Festival+Day+Three+9PV27BZvLPzl.jpg

New signing Huddlestone (centre) was amongst those watching in the crowd

Whilst the build up to the game was minimal outside of the 2 clubs, the game certainly had purpose, with both managers wanting to get one over on each other. Despite Dale's choice of starting line-up, they did not want to undo the good work done at Old Trafford the round before, and so set out to win the game. A quick but sloppy half an hour was soon forgotten, as James McCarthy found himself out wide. With 1 touch out of his feet, he supplied an inch perfect cross for striker Macheda to head home from. A wonderful diving header gave the young Italian his first goal in Dale colours in what was really his first chance of the game. A great start that Sutcliffe's side managed to carry through to half time.

federico-macheda-001.jpg

Kiko Macheda celebrating the first of his 2 goals

In the second half, when Swansea probably felt they could put Dale on the back foot, Sutcliffe's side started as they finished. The midfield got in the oppositions faces and stopped them from playing, allowing both Daniel Opare and Tom Kennedy room to get up and down their full back positions, due to the narrow formation adopted by Chazza. The Dale backline, led by Miles Addison was incredibly strong, giving Swansea little opportunity and leaving Friedel comfortable in his work. Despite this, the away crowd got edgy, especially when Delfouneso and Macheda missed good chances to double their lead. These nerves were quashed 14 minutes from time though, when from a corner, poor defending left skipper for the day Miles Addison free and smashing home for 2-0. A perfect way to make an impression, in front of Palace boss Paul Holt and new signing Tom Huddlestone. 2 minutes later, and Dale were on the attack again. The classy Tom Kennedy delivering yet another superb cross which invited Kiko Macheda to head his 2nd of the match and finish Swansea off for good. An admiral performance and a wonderful result considering the circumstances. Sutcliffe will be delighted with his sides win against Oxford and now this against good Division 3 opposition. The Northern minnows now have a good draw in the 4th round at home to Walsall, alongside a crunch relegation match this Wednesday against Carlisle. Should Dale's starting line-up mirror last nights performance, on paper, Dale should have no problems.

340x.jpg

Miles Addison had a tremendous evening, captaining and scoring in a 3-0 victory

Llorente deserves call-up, says Burrow

Preston manager James Burrow has tipped star striker Fernando Llorente after his recent goal glut.

llorentespain.jpg

Llorente in action for Spain last season

Llorente (24) has scored eight goals in ten starts this season, including four in the recent 6-2 demolition of Crystal Palace. According to Burrow, this form merits a call-up to Tom Field's next Spain squad.

"Fernando (Llorente) has been an instant hit at Preston! He's already 4/5th of the way to the total goals I expected of him, and we're in our 14th game. How he hasnt been called up to the Spain squad puzzles me. He is statistically the most prolific Spanish striker in the league, better than even the likes of Villa and Torres. Also in the past few Spain squads, both Alvaro Negredo and Danny Guiza have both received a call-up depite both playing for Huddersfield. The law of averages dictates that only one can play at once. I will not be surprised if I receive word that Field wants him to play against the Ivory Coast."

The stats do speak in favour of Llorente, with the Preston striker notching a goal every 1.25 games, compared to his rivals:

David Villa - A goal every 3 games

Raul - A goal every 1.3 games

Luis Garcia - A goal every 6 games

Fernando Torres - A goal every 1.5 games

Daniel Guiza - A goal every 2 games

Alvaro Negredo - A goal every 10 games

2d15ic0.png

42_front_small.png33_1191751249.gif47_front_small.png

Breaking News: Holt agree's Gillingham move

Grant-Holt.jpg

(Holt set to move from Rochdale to Gillingham.)

The main highlight of the day today at Gillingham is confirmation that prelific goalscorer Grant Holt has agreed terms with Gillingham over his move from Rochdale and Holt will soon be announced as a Gillingham player. Holt, tipped as a great goal scorer by many caught Gillingham's eye after being transfer listed by Rochdale boss Sutcliffe who hiself describes Grant Holt as a great scoring machine. Although Holt only featured in 9 starts for Rochdale he still managed to bag 2 and assist 4, money well spent for the Dale manager after he signed the Englishmen from an unknown european club for £450,000. The fee for Holt is expected to be around £2.250 million pounds but it seems a bargain for Gillingham boss SirJake as Maazou, the French forward and winger is soon set to leave the club but a destination is still unknown.

The manager views on Grant Holt

StimsonACTION_228x297.jpg

(Jake speaks about why he wanted Holt from the word go.)

"I really do rate Holt, some will say he's getting on abit to play football at such a crucial time for the history of Gillingham but I believe this guy will bring goals to us at crucial times. £2.2 million is a bargain in my opinion, although it is abit steep don't forget we needed to fight off teams like Crewe Alexander and Walsall too I believe so in the end I am delighted we have got the signature of the 28 year old. I have spoke to Grant Holt, I have made it clear to him why I wanted him etc and what I expect of him and he is very happy to join us, it will be a tough team selection now on Wednesday night, most likely Holt will get some football in our away clash at Tranmere Rovers as they are on such great form of late it would be great to turn them over, UP THE GILLS!"

What do the fans think of Grant Holt?

42406_feature.jpg

(Are the fans happy of the soon signing Grant Holt?)

There has been mixed opinions over the announcement of Grant Holt and that this time tommorow he will be a Gillingham player from the Gillingham supporters today. SkySportsNews caught up with a few that gathered outside Priestfield to get a gilmpse of the Englishmen entering the stadium for his medical which is expected to of gone well, this is what they had to say on Holt:

"He's definatly something we need, the man has talent and can score goals, great signing by Jake, I hope he takes over Pongolle's place tommorow in the starting 11 at Tranmere, Pongolle has looked off form recently."

"I have mixed opinions on the man, he can score goals yeah but £2.2 million?! He's 28 and ageing, how long will he last for us? There may have been interest from Crewe and Walsall but I think that is too much, we could of maybe offered a few more million and got that De Sutter off Notts County."

"I just hope he shines for us, I'm happy we have got him and nicked someone off our possible relegation chasers, I hope Jake does a 4-3-3 tommorow night all Pongolle, Gameiro and Holt in attack that would be great I think, I'm sure others will agree too."

So Gillingham fans with mixed emotions over the arrival of Holt today, the question is now though, will the £2.2 million pound striker provide tommorow night against Tranmere Rovers, we will have to wait and find out.

Match Preview

Division 2

16289_badge.jpg v norwich_100x100.png

Middlesbrough take on Norwich in this weeks midweek game with the chance to keep the pressure on 3rd place Charlton while keeping there place in the playoffs a loss could see them drop to 9th while Norwich will be looking to push into the playoffs.

Middlesbrough are definitly without Jose Maria Guti who is still injured while in goal Victor Valdes returns in defence Cristian Zaccardo makes his first full start since returning from injury at RB while at LB Manuel Pasqual returns in the center of defence there is the strong pairing of Arne Friedrich and Olof Melberg also named in the squad for defence is Matias Silvestre.

In midfield Orlando Engelaar and Gaetano D'Agostino take up the central midfield roles while out wide there could be starts for Ferreira Wagner Luis Ernesto Perez,Maxi Moralez and Aureliano Torres also named in the squad is Nikola Drincic

Up front and 3 forwards have been named in the Middlesbrough squad of 16 Halil Altintop(1 goal in 8 this season) Gonzalo Bergessio (1 goal in 6 this season and new signing Roman Adamov who made his debut in the cup on monday evening coming on in the 75th minute

Notts County v Preston NE

Match Preview

Preston North End hope to continue their recent vein of good form as they travel to Meadow Lane to face a Notts County side severely crippled by lack of personnel.

If the Manchester United team which lost to Preston on Saturday was bristling with talent, the same cant be said of the possible Notts Co XI (in the greatest respects) with eight first team absentees. Manager Andrew Clifford has admitted he considered resigning after Saturdays 0-0 draw with Aston Villa, which saw Bakary Sako, Lars Jacobsen and Freddy Guarin stretchered off, and playmaker Anas Sharbini sent off.

Notts County may not be able to field a 100% fit starting XI, with thirteen members of the senior squad not match fit. One player who is confirmed as playing is defender Paulo Ferreira, signed from Preston earlier this season. Top scorer Marc Janko is another confirmed starter, with out-going striker Tom De Sutter postponing contract talks with other clubs just in case he is needed. Sharbini will be a big miss however, the player dubbed 'the next Modric' scoring twice and assisting six times in his ten starts.

Preston will give a full debut to Welsh striker Craig Bellamy, the 30 year old signed from Crewe for £12m. This will be his second stint at the club, ahving played 13 and scored 6 at the end of Season 7. New signing Nicklas Bendtner has received international clearance and is named on the bench, but there is no place for Bogdan Stancu, signed from Burnley. Fernando Llorente and Peter Crocuh have been named in the squad, with the manager singing the praises of the Spanish striker earlier today. Glen Johnson and Fabio Aurelio are recalled on the flanks, with Marius Stankevicius the lucky player to remain in the squad.

Spain Update

Today, Tom Field the Spanish Boss has chopped and changed his team.

In this article I will go through who has left the spanish team and who is new to it.

Escudo_de_Espa%25C3%25B1a_1977-1981.png

Fernando Llorente:

After hearing comaplaints from Preston boss James about the decision not to include Llorente in the spanish team, the spanish foward has now been added to the team. However Tom says that it wasnt becuase James wanted Llorente to be included that made him add him but after watching him for several weeks after his move from Stoke the Liverpool manager deciced that after some impressive performances most notably the 4 goals agianst Crystal Palace earlier this month, he wanted him in the squad and after returning to Spain to train with the squad he announced the news. However the Liverpool manager did praise Preston manager James aswell for using him effectibely in games and gtting the best out of the player that wasnt the case in Stoke.

This said, the spanish manager did include a statement that read: "If Llorente wants to play reguarly for the national team, then he will need to play regualry for his team, Preston."

Iker Munian:

Iker Munian is another player who has joined up with the team. It may come as a suprise that a 17 year old is in the team but despite not playing for Southampton regualry, Tom sees him as a up and coming talent which needs time to adjust to the international stage and with some eaier games coming up for the Spain team it is thought that he may be allowed to play some minutes in thes games. One for the future.

Sergio Canales:

Sergio Canales is another youngster who Tom has called up for the team and like Munian is likely to be slowing introduced into the team to give the least amount of pressure and build up his confidence.

Albert Riera:

Finally, the 4th and last player to join the team is Arsenals Albert Riera, as with limited amount of wingers in the team Riera is thought to be able to play a part in the team further down the line.

However to make way for these new 4 recruits, 4 players have had to leave. Two of the players are:

400x400_1214519672_REU_610848.jpg

Daniel GUIZA:

Although harse on a player who has joined a new team and has already scored 4 goals, Guiza has featured little in the Spani team and with Llorente proving his worth, Guiza got the chop.

Álvaro NEGREDO:

A bad goalscoring record at high flying Huddersfield has cost him a place in the team to youngster Munian.

Preston deny Beckham interest

Preston manager James Burrow has dismissed rumours linking him with a move for aging midfielder David Beckham. The veteran midfielder, currently injured, has hinted that in order to be recognised by Burrow as England material, he may need to move away, but Burrow has acted quickly in rubbishing this rumour.

"Beckham is contracted to Coventry, so I wish not to discuss about a player who is not mine. Although Beckham is a talented player, his rumoured signing would be against my ethos at this club. And besides, we already have two England wide players, why would I want a third?"

Beckham has been linked with a move to Milan, but Coventry manager Lee Bradbury has yet to comment on this possible move.

Pie Sports News

david-beckham_0.jpg

Bradbury Backs Becks' Loyalty

After hearing the rumours that England international David Beckham may soon be linking up with his National team manager James Burrow at Preston North End, Coventry City mastermind Lee Bradbury, who recently won an award for increasing the average distance between a woman's ankles by 200%, immediately had something to say.

"I appreciate Mr. Burrow's alleged interest in David. As an Englishman, I think it's wonderful for the manager of the national team to put the welfare of his players first. However, with that in mind, I do feel that if Beckham were to join Preston, then he would find it difficult at his age to get a regular starting place alongside players just as good as him such as Aaron Lennon and Ashley Young. Here at the Ricoh he will always be playing so long as he is fit, and at his age that is brilliant for his England credentials. So Mr. Burrow is right in disregarding any move for David. And besides, it's not as though I'd let him go anyway, and I doubt that David would want to go. He enjoys playing for the club, and wants to see us to as many successes as possible. The best managers reward loyalty like that, and that is what I am doing. As long as David is a Coventry City player, he is too an England player, and that is what David, myself, and the fans want."

Brought to you by Pie Sports News.

As Notts County manager Andrew Clifford sets to mark his 20th game in charge tommorow we take a look back on his first 19 games and what kind of impact he has already made on the club

When Andrew Clifford took over from Nick Justice he inherited a very talented playing squad but one that severly lacked depth,Clifford wanted to address this and immediately but star man Kenywne Jones was sold to Crewe Alexandra shortly after securing promotion for a fee of 4.75 Million plus Kenyan wonderkid Mcdonald Mariga,once Notts County got there promotion prize money and a chairman injection it gave them a budget of 12 million pounds to improve the side and try and secure Division 2 survival,things were in such a state when he took over that until recently he had no alternative but to play three at the back,but because he had only 3 centre backs he decided to sell his best centre back Roland Juhasz to recently promoted Milwall for 5 million and get a ready made replacement in English centre half Anton Ferdinand.

Clifford was keen to sign another defender and quickly snapped up Cameroon defender Andre Bikey from Lokomotiv Moskva,Clifford believed that the power and pace Bikey would provide another dimension to the side,Clifford then looked for a new forward line and turned to Crewe for Anas Sharbini who was set to be his key playmaker,this came at a cost with Igor De Camargo leaving the club but Notts County recieved 4 Million pounds,Clifford then looked for a forward who could play upfront with De Sutter after De Camargos departure,then he turned to Marc Janko when he become available and secured his signature for £7 Million pounds.

County then realised that if they wanted to play with 5 in the midfeild they needed some wingers so quickly signed Czech Republic international Jaroslav Plasil on loan from Huddersfield Town,then he sold Itallian right back Mattia Cassani for Maxmillian Nicu and Orlin Starokin,he also then signed young St Ettiene winger Bakary Sako after selling turkisk winger Serdar Ozkan back to Beskitas,Clifford then decided on selling some of his better players for bigger fees and bring in cheaper replacements,he started this off by signing english keeper David Stockdale from Tranmerre for 1 million pounds and selling reserve keeper Giedrius Arlauskis back to Unirea for 6.7 million pounds, he then sold Romero Marlos back to Sao Paolo for 6.5 million pounds and Clifford used this to sign french defender Younes Kaboul from AJ Auxerre for 6 Million pounds and he went back to Crewe again to sign Spannish forward Ivan Riki for 5.7 Million pounds.

Clifford then used this as his main squad for the season and then set on revamping his youth side bringing in french talent Samuel Souprayen who was a free agent,the next target was Vagif Dzazadov who signed for a fee of 1.6 Million pounds,Clifford used the remaining budget on bringing in two full backs Paulo Ferriera for 6 million pounds froom Preston North End,Lars Jacobsen then signed as a free agent giving Clifford the option of been able to play with 4 in defence,Clifford made the final signing in the form of experienced midfeilder Gavin Mccann.

Clifford has certainly made his mark on the club and all these new signings has boosted County up too 16th in the league table after picking up 14 points from 13 league games

Guest 1CapWonder

Logo_Daily_Mirror.jpg

Sutcliffe And Jake Hit Jackpot

Maxim+Super+Bowl+Party+2009+Red+Carpet+405icHV7RXrl-357x480.jpg

Sutcliffe seen with buddy Jake earlier tonight

Sutcliffe Calls Girls Out To Celebrate Win

Following a remarkable 3-0 cup win on Monday night, Sutcliffe had reason to celebrate, and him being who he is, it was no surprise to see the Rochdale Boss on the town. However, the plot thickened when it was rumoured he was with Gillingham Boss Jake A, following a meeting the two had previously had. As it turns out, the two managers had been agreeing a transfer, for Rochdale striker Grant Holt, who has been transfer listed for some time now. Despite interest from both Walsall and Crewe, Gillingham agreed a fee of £2.25m for the 28 year old striker, and in celebration, it seems Jake followed Sutcliffe out on the lash.

GrantHolt_560586.jpg

Both clubs have confirmed Holt has moved from Dale to Gills

Whilst Jake has every right to celebrate the signing of a natural goalscorer, his fans may become frustrated at his public showing, considering their league position and current form. Sutcliffe partied this evening without Paris. Pictures later show how the Rochdale Boss persuaded more celebrity gash out into Manchester to help congratulate his new best mate Jake. Katie Price was seen on the arm of the young manager, as the 2 got immensely close. Paris will also not be happy at Sutcliffe's antics, after he had convinced her and the public that he had settled down following his pre-season antics.

petekate.jpg

Jake seen cuddling up to Jordan this evening

Whilst rumour has it Katie and Jake couldn't keep their hands off each other all night, Sutcliffe couldn't keep his hands to himself either. Paris will no doubt be furious that her boyfriend was cuddling up to former Nickelodeon and She's The Man star Amanda Bynes. Whilst this story develops, both parties will surely have to comment, with Jake's relationship with Jordan possibly affecting his Gillingham commitments, and Sutcliffe's future with Paris possibly in doubt. This will certainly be the case if more pictures such as the one below are revealed...

ABynesBoyf121008_03-full.jpg

Bynes was seen getting close with Sutcliffe

mfbq-katie-price-peter-andre__13120584__MBQF-1256047126,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

Jake and Jordan... Future Couple?

sky-sports-logo_1756094.jpg

Breaking News as Walsall have New Club Owner

head.jpg

Who is Buying the club??

In today's news,We have a Very big news as Walsall Manager Cun jue Peh announced that The Division 4 side might Be sold with the former Owner in need of cash.However,The More breaking news is that Walsall Might Be Sold to a afghanistan Group which they like to be Called as "AQ".

istockphoto_6383939-foul-soccer-players-fighting.jpg

many wonder if this scene is happening in the team

Tough The Media Found No available Information on who would take over and Cun Jue Peh's Manager Spot is also Not secured after a recent string of Bad runs in the league.Many also fears that the the tema might not make the mark this season since a few were transfered away with all of them being 1st choice players which many belived that the Club is currently Facing a Crisis with Players having trouble to Play as a team.With starting Players like Carlos ORLANDO SA,Diego ROSENDE,Paul ANDERSON and Andreu FONTAS all leaving,Many wonder if the Club is about to face its biggest challenge this season.

1982778703-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-championship-blackpool-v-watford-bloomfield.jpg

Will Cun Stay or would he be gone?

The Biggest Question Is who Is taking over the Club and Will Cun be able to keep his Job?The Answers would be revealed Tomorrow.

Candreva Departs

candreva_libero.jpg

Blackburn's Antonio Candreva

Italian Antonio Candreva has completed a switch to Ewood Park. Tranmere signed the 22 year old last season for £7m and Antonio has since shined on the italian football scene, securing a move to Italian giants Juventus. Blackburn sacraficed £15m plus the sale of Argentine star Franco Zuculini for £6m. Zuculini is seen as a direct replacement and the extra cash gives Chewett a chance to strenghen in other area's of the squad, with many signings already lined up. Franco has informed the Tranmere boss about his younger brother Bruno, who may well sign for the Superwhites in the near future.

45c20d0377f5c1810b1a30d07b049766.jpg

New Arrival Franco Zuculini

sitelogo

My Players Should Be Proud!

team_470x300.jpg

Tom, the manager of Yeovil Town Football Club, today stated that the atmosphere in the dressing room is terrific and that the players should all be proud of thierselves due to thier recent performances. Back in Division 3, Yeovil where playing that bad that they where once clased as the worst team of the league, finishing 80th in the over all rating system. Now times have changed. Yeovil have bourght in players such as Fahay, Cohen, Acevedo, Risso, Luchetti, Oddo, Bouma, Martin and Milevskiy. All though some of these players cannont compete on the major scales such as division one, they are still an amazing Division 4 team, and im sure the manager will be buying players at the end of the season if Yeovil get promoted.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

logo_mol.gif

BREAKING NEWS AT OXFORD UTD

EX SKIPPER IN DRAMATIC RETURN TO THE KASSAM STADIUM

Sam Ricketts is returning to Oxford Utd months after leaving the club under a veil of controversy.

1318697300-31072009163228.jpg

The ex-club skipper joined VFL Bochum in a deal of around 6.5 million pounds but made it clear that he was never happy about the transfer and in a shock move yesterday, Oxford Utd coach David Belkevitz moved in and signed his stalwart defender for just under 3.5 million pounds.

Joining Ricketts at the club is Peter Niemeyer from Werder Bremen for just over 4 million pounds. Niemeyer,(below)

2006-07-10-niemeyer-peter-uitshirt.jpg

The Oxford Utd coach has been an admirer of the young German defensive midfielder and hopes that he can fill the position left by Bruno China.

In other news at Oxford Utd, there has been another culling as Camara, Valero, Dyer, Jemelins, Hackett and Wright were all shown the door as the ruthless Scots coach wielded the stick in his efforts to get Oxford Utd back on course.

Speaking from his office this morning,

Horse%20&%20Jockey%20Natter%20Leaders.jpg

the craggy Scot said he was happy to have Sam Ricketts back and that there was no conspiracy or double dealing on his part, saying,

"The media can say what they like, I call it good business. I had put in a clause saying that I had first re-call on Ricketts if things didn't work out with him and VFL Bochum. The fact that we have made about 3 million on both deals is icing on the cake.

I am also excited about bringing Peter Niemeyer here to the club. He has tremendous ability and I have been an admirer of the boy for a while now.

As for the others who have left the club, I wish them all well but I told them they didn't fit into my future plans and it was all amicable. I couldn't guarantee any of them First Team football so it was time to move on.

I hope that both Ricketts and Niemeyer will be available for today's match against Ipswich Town but that depends on how quick the paperwork is tied up."

Guest 1CapWonder

2igy5cm.png

Sutcliffe: Football. Football. Football.

Eddie-Howe-Bournemouth_2397818.jpg

Gaffer Wants Focus On Football

When asked about Tuesday's antics in town with Gillingham Boss Jake A, his possible new girlfriend Katie Price, and arm candy Amanda Bynes, Sutcliffe simply responded with "no comment" When asked about tonight's crunch match against Carlisle, he was much more willing to talk.

Sutcliffe Said:

Now we are talking. Football, for today that's all I want to here. Football. Football. Football. We have a massive game tonight and I'm not prepared to waste my time discussing Paris, Jake or anything else right now. I will wait to hear if Jake comes out with a statement before commenting on the events of last night. For now, they are not important.

Not surprisingly, Paris Hilton is not expected to attend tonight's home game, and Sutcliffe will hope there is not more to it. He will not want to have to deal with another Paris Press Conference taking the shine off his teams good form in recent weeks. Jake seems to also be in the same boat, so far staying quiet on his new missus, with his side facing Callum Hewett's in form Tranmere in what is sure to be one of their toughest games of the season. Sutcliffe was however, prepared to speak out on behalf of his team and tonight's game, aswell as the Miles Addison speculation, which just won't die down...

030144626.jpgparis-hilton1.jpg

Sutcliffe would rather talk Miles Addison than Paris Hilton

Sutcliffe Said:

I'm looking forward to tonight's game. We are in good form going into it, and our players are confident. We've had another lift this week, bringing in Tom Huddlestone on loan. A big thanks to James for sorting that for us up at Preston. We need to do everything within our power to survive this season, and bringing in Tom was a necessity. Whilst we have a number of options in midfield, we are lacking someone who is going to sit in front of our back 4, defend, whilst having the ability to keep the ball. Tom is one of the sweetest strikers of a football in the World, and we're privileged to have him. Miles (Addison) is a massive fan of Tom, he's been an inspiration for him growing up, especially having worked with him at Derby. I'd be confident in saying he will want to stay and work with Tom for as long as he's here. I can't deny we have had offers but they have so far been rejected. Miles is a class act and an unbelievable prospect. We want to keep him from the grasp of Palace for as long as possible.

2d15ic0.png

42_front_small.png33_1191751249.gif47_front_small.png

Me and Katie? Your having a laugh

Katie-Price-460_784322c.jpg

(Jake was seen with Price last night but describes them as "just friends".)

Gillingham boss SirJake has tonight put aside any "relationship rumours" ahead of he's clash with Hewett's Tranmere Rovers tonight. The Gillingham manager was last night saw with Rochdale manager Sutcliffe and Katie Price, critics said Jake and Katie were getting physical and has today said "We are just friends, Katie asked if she could come out with us as me and Sutcliffe were celebrating our agreement for Holt. I was on Orange Juice, I don't want to get on the wrong hand on the critics, especially now my Gillingham are under immense pressure, I left the bar at 10:00pm and got the plane from Manchester Airport to Gillingham. Nothing happened."

Jake is set to of picked he's team selection for tonights clash with Tranmere Rovers, as he's side will be put to the test by the tough guns who this season are likely to finish in the play off spots, more news to follow tonight after the game.

Battle For Division Three Starts Now!

fa_cup_trophy.jpg

Yeovil Town V Rotherham United

Match Preview

Tonight is the night which could deicide who are favourites of gaining an automatic promotion place or even the trophy. Its top v's third and the winner who takes all three points will not only have bragging rights over thier promotion rivals, they will also be that inch closer to standing upon that stage, lifting the silver trophy, a dream which all captains dream of.

Yeovil Town will be resting the likes of Lambert, Milevskiy, Fahey etc, but they are on the bench if called upon. This game also see's Acevedo start for the first time since getting a injury 2 weeks ago. He will start in his normal position at defensive midfield. This game will start Anyinsah who got man of the match last match when these two teams played each other in the cup which saw Yeovil come out as winners. Oddo, Bouma are missing from the back four due to fitness levels, but Simunic, the man who has been in the papers because of a possible move away from Yeovil and Risso, the young centre back on loan.

anyinsah-joe-609077_1871791.jpg

Anyinsah, last match he got man of the match.

Rotherham are expected to play thier best team availble tonight as they we be looking to step into a top two place. They have only two players who will be not joining in tonight. They first is centre forward Luke Varney who has a fractured cheek bone and will be out for 5 weeks (march). Yeovil will be happy to see him in the stands as he has played 3, assited 3 and even scored twice in them 3 games. The other player out is Neal Trotman who plays in centre back because of a strained neck. The injury is not that big of a blow as Rotherham have other defenders availble for tonight. Yeovil will have to watch out for Sweedish striker Ola Toivonen. He is on loan from Southampton, and has only played once which was against Northampton in the league. Northampton are actually one of a couple teams in division 4 Yeovil hasnt been able to get atleast a point from.

67425.jpg

Toivonen, Rotherhams star man.

Other top games in Division 4:

Southend V Blackpool

Chesterfield V Swindon

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

logo_mol.gif

In a press release at noon from Oxford Utd, a spokesman for the club has revealed that Sam Ricketts, ex club captain will be available to play today as all the neccessary paperwork has gone through.

There was a buzz about the stadium this morning as the team bus,

taichung-park-cow-cart.jpg

left for the trip across country to Suffolk. The jovial Scot seemed in high spirits as he spoke before leaving the Kassam Stadium this morning,

moyes_br.jpg

"It's certainly been a hectic 48 hours, I received the call from Belgium and Sam (Ricketts) was begging me to take him back. When they told me the asking price I jumped at the offer, which means I have made a 3 million pound profit and reinforced the squad. Peter Niemeyer will not play today although he is eligible, he has a slight injury and not fully fit but he should be available next week.

It's imperative that we get something from today's match against Ipswich Town, and the arrival of Ricketts might just be the push we need to get back on track."