English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Guest drseanfitz

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Can you help?

pigletdeluxebabycostume.jpg

Young Jay, treated like a little pig by his mother

Please go along and help reunite a little baby boy with his daddy.

Despite being just a few months old, young Jay has been dragged around by his ex-con of a mother. it is vital that you follow THIS link and vote for the father, help reunite Elliot with his child. just one click and thats it. Please do the right thing

textpreviewphpz.gif

SMFA Distance Themselves From Insane Fitzpatrick

patient_in_straitjacket.jpg

Fitzpatrick at Belle Reve

The SMFA have shown the first signs that they are losing patience with loopy England and Crewe manager Sean Fitzpatrick many within the SMFA have voiced concerns over recent weeks with the strange behaviour of the once respected manager and have even stepped in to block a recent loan move for a player believed to be Danny Wilson from Tranmere.

The vast majority of the SMFA feel that Fitzpatrick is no longer sane enough to buy or even loan players which will be a blow the the Crewe managers recovery with Fitzpatrick well known for his addiction to signing players an addiction almost as bad as a certain division 3 manager's womanizing ways.

Speaking of Elliot Hilton his team of lawyers have all but given up on gaining custody of you Jay Champion Hilton early indication show that Paris Hilton is likely to be granted full custody of young Jay no surprise really when Elliot Hilton's team of lawyers were hired by Sean Fitzpatrick

End Of Season Awards

Don't Forget To Vote

http://endofseasonawards.moonfruit.com/

155185_1594556595994_1598317171_31406975_6038782_n.jpg

HILTON SMASHED !!!

73918_video-524241-all-access-heidi-montag-and-spencer-pratt-part-ii.jpg

A shell shocked Elliot Hilton leaves Court

gilbert_stuart_thumb_small.jpg Gilbert Stuart Writes.....In an astounding show of public condemnation hated Rochdale boss the cheating Elliot Hilton, left the Hull central divorce court with his twisted attempt at gaining custody of son Jay all but left in ruins. With just barely 2 days of the 5 day long hearing gone, an embarrassed Hilton was reduced to a laughing stock as representatives of the wider SM community flocked to cast their votes in favour of the ever popular Paris as the full time parent of youngster. Trailing by an enormous 51 votes to 20, Hilton sat grim faced alongside plastic coated, perma-tanned girlfriend Heidi Montag as the results poured in as one by one some of the biggest names on the forum showed their distain at the arrogant 19 year old showbiz lifestyle and blatant disregard for both his ex-wife's and now ex-son's well being. The results are a damning verdict of the low brow campaign fought by his court representatives, the insane Sean Fitzpatrick and universally unpopular Cher Lloyd and can only be seen as a crushing victory for their slick SE8 MEDIA counterparts. At the end of session we unsuccessfully tried to catch-up with Hilton as protected by his tiny band of supporters he ran tight lipped towards a waiting car before speeding off in the direction of the North-West.

img1.jpg

Norwich home of Hilton supporter Rob Walshe

Later that day we travelled down to East Anglia in the hope of tracking down one of Hiltons most vocal supporters gobby Norwich boss Rob Walshe. And after several hours of trailing around the maze of caravans now parked on the Norwich City training pitch, we finally located what we believed to the Canaries boss’s mobile home. Unfortunately Walshe was unavailable for comment as his personal assistant, a Mrs Eilleen O’Toole told us..

Oh be Jeesus no Sur, Misder Walshe is away pricing’a tarmac job and Yer man won't be back 'til at laest 10 the-morra. Old on ar ye from de council ?, cos oi'm tellin' yer we own dis lan' an' if yer don't aff i'll 'av a few av de boys raun ter yer. Nigh go awn yee way…

Meanwhile along with close companion Mathieu Debuchy, a relaxed Paris Hilton toured Hulls estate agents this afternoon as speculation mounted that the worlds most beautiful woman was indeed looking to settle in what many are calling her new spiritual home. Along with a smiling baby Jay, Paris looked a picture of beauty as she stopped to chat with the throngs of well wishers she met along the way. With the assorted press pack kept at arms length by members of the SE8 MEDIA legal department, Paris would only offer a polite ‘ Like no comment you know?’’ when asked about her divorce from despised Hilton, and of course the ongoing court case surrounding the custody of little Jay.

Guest drseanfitz

englandherman10.gif

England Vs Mexico

Once more Smartdoc will guide England tonight, in their game against Mexico. With manager Sean still in Belle Reve, many believe that the smart one will use tonights game to try and stamp his authority on the team in an attempt to grasp the reigns on a permanent basis.

England will put out a near full strength side, with just John Terry missing, whilst Mexico have no injuries or suspensions themselves.

England, who have already qualified, will be looking to finish on a high, whereas Mexico need a 4 goal victory to qualify, but with Mexico having already beaten England this campaign, anything is possible.

P.S. for people that aren't aware - Mexico is located in Central America

Thought with the new addition i'd update this

EC106 Forumers

Div 1

Arsenal-Andyowls

Blackburn- Hercule Poirot

Burnley-Darkblade

Charlton-Dean 89

Darlington-Realm of Decit (inactive?)

Everton-Kevin A (inactive?)

Huddersfield-Dermo

Liverpool-Handsome-Steve

Man city- Bail

Man utd - Kopster

Millwall - Rick James

Portsmouth- Nikidinho

Preston-xxBurrowxx

Southampton-Sambalele

Sheffield Utd- Smartdoc

Tranmere- Chewett

West Bromwich Albion - Stuart H

West Ham United-Bakker (inactive?)

Div 2

Birmingham- Bibi

Bradford-Monty

Cardiff- Jr231990

Coventry-Skybluelee

Crystal Palace-TRGAWHFC★[RV]scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Crewe-DrSeanFitz

Doncaster Rovers-Navin Legend

Fulham-Pipgib

Middlesborough-Jooles

Newcastle- Butler (inactive?)

Plymouth-Gossy

Reading- Matty AVFC

Shorpe-J C

Sheff Wed- Son of Pluto

Stoke city-Chris Haxo(inactive ?)

Sunderland- Dai

Watford-Kaito(inactive?)

Wolves- hibb_MTFC

Wigan-Andrew Smith

Div 3

Barnsley-Andri Sigborsson (inactive?)

Bolton- Germ scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Bristol city-Dudeskin

Bristol rovers-Lenny59

Brighton-Hugano(inactive ?)

Carlisle- BiggameMo

Gillingham- IOA

Leicester city- MrAdamski

Leyton Orient- Zakkoo

Norwich- Rob Walshe

Notts County- Toonfanforlife

Port vale-Kensational

QPR-Chipolopo

Rochdale-1 Cap Wonder

Rotherham- Gary Townsend

Southend-Machinescottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Swansea- Will

Wycombe -MrMalcom

Div 4

Blackpool-George ECFC

Brentford-Dazino scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Cheltenham Town- SwanseaJack

Colchester United - EDMoses

Grimsby Town- Steve24

Hartlepool - 374 scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Hull- Longnose

Ipswich-TOM MFC

Luton- Darlo FC

Northampton- Koplfc

Nottingham Forest -Wesley Sneijder

Oxford-Dave Belkavitz scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350(inactive?)

Peteborough - Donkey Punch

Swindon-Craig scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Walsall- ★Bale★scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Yeovil-Bcfc12345

71 out of 80

john-lewis-socks-john-lewis-premium-square-socks-navygrey-pack-of-2.jpg8 out of 80

By inactive I mean inactive on the forum, not the game.

Anyone spot any mistakes ? OR NAME CHANGES, please let the me know via the other thread.

:):)

Guest drseanfitz

traintimes1.gif

As the football world is alive with talk of fallen England legend Sir Sean, The Train Times decided that it wanted a world exclusive interview with him, so we sent our reporter Bill Ding in undercover to score the interview.

But before you read part one of our exclusive interview, we would like to thank Hull manager Dave Izod for his help in devising the questions, and in creating the ruse to get Bill on the inside.

bizstaplescrusades.jpg

Bill Ding: The question on everyone’s lips is of course your mental state. The timely intervention was obviously in both yours and the publics interest, but tell me Sean how do you feel now?

I feel much better, thanks. The doctor tells us that if we carry on at our current rate I might be out for my birthday. I still spend a lot of time in Anno Domini, which the doctors tell me is all in my mind. They give me tablets and injections which they say are making me better, yet we seem to spend time there shortly after I take these medications. Smartdoc tells me that’s just because the meds help our mind see what is wrong first, so that it knows what it needs to fix.

BD: So its fair to say that the infamous incident at Sheffield Utd marked the height of your sickness?, what I mean is what triggered your sudden and dramatic decline? Was it the pressure at Crewe, England , the decline of your business empire or was perhaps something else we don’t know about?.

I always thought I was struggling due to a curse put on me by ‘the boy of many conquests’ in one of my battles with him in Anno Domini. As far as we knew AD was real and 106 was in my mind, but I am told that this is all the wrong way round. The doctors tell me that the trigger point was probably when we guided England to the world cup. After what was the greatest achievement of my life, I was given a viscous reception by my fellow managers, instead of congratulations I was lambasted for having an easy run, with people claiming it was all down to luck, and nothing to do with me being able to do something that they were unable to. What started as sour grapes by a bunch of losers became nasty. Aparantly this triggered my escapism to a land where I lead the whole country of England to victory over a number of my enemies.

BD: You have often spoke of the Anno Domini, and claim to have inhabited this strange and distant land. Can you tell us more? and likewise can you reveal the true identity of the so called Beast of many Genders ?, and quite why you see it as such a threat to us all?

As you may know I kept a journal of my times in AD, extracts of which have been published online already

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=78697

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=78809

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=79342

‘The Beast of many Genders’ was one of the more horrific enemies that I fought in AD. An oversized throwback to a bygone era, he had the ability to confuse opponents by transmogrifying between male and female, and also human and fish. He gained power by using one face to befriend you, and then, when it had you as close as possible, it would switch and cut you down where you lay. All it craved was power and fame, and it didn’t care who or what the cost was. He seized control of England, and ran it into the ground, but I overthrew him, or at least we thought I did. But I’m told it was just a demon I created in our mind as my interpretation of Dave Izod, and the way he has victimised me since over the past few years. But if Izod turns out to be only half as bad as the beast, then we had better all be careful.

adheader01n.png

BD: I see once more you have chosen to don your chain-mail and cross of St George. After the abuse you received at Sheffield United where the home crowd began to sing ''Any old Iron ?'' as you took to the technical area, do you consider this suitable apparel for your role as a professional football manager?. I mean aside from the practicalities of it surely it’s somewhat of putting for the players.

I’ve always been proud to represent my nation, and since being made a Knight of the Realm for winning the World Cup, my mind just told us that the best way to represent both was dress up in such apparel. In my saner moment’s I knew how stupid it was, but our fractured take on reality told me that this was the way I should present myself. I haven’t really spoken to the players since, so not sure how it affected them, but results have been good, so we can’t have done that much damage.

BD: As I touched on earlier its been a terrible year for your business interests, after record loss’s the Northern Business alliance was wound-up with debts rumoured to be in excess of over 25 million pounds. The square mile is rife with stories of how you systematically drove out your most loyal of directors Phil Gibbon, Paul Holt, Dave Belkevitz and Jonathon Crawford with your increasingly unreasonable preoccupation with Anno Domini, do you feel the N/B/A's demise was a result of your sickness ? and what are your relationship with the former members of the N/B/A like now ?. Both Holt and Crawford have disappeared , Belkevitz has been in prison and is thankfully now a mere shadow of himself and your former second in command Phil Gibbon only surfaces to take pot shots at yourself in his low circulation newspaper, the Reporter.

The Northern Alliance was a means to an end. I’d taken Crewe to division 3, but they had no power. They were just another little team with delusions of grandeur. I set up the N/A to change all that, with two aims – division 2 football for Crewe, and financial security. The alliance achieved both. Once I’d achieved those aims the N/A had no purpose other than to annoy Dave Izod.

I structured the Alliance carefully, getting the others to invest in it, without ever putting in any money myself. I took no risk yet made millions from the venture, as well as turning Crewe into the most prominent team in 106.

I honestly don’t care what the ex N/A members think of me, I gave them the opportunity to make names for themselves by handing them the N/B/A and they bombed without my guidance. Despite what you may hear elsewhere, I gave the N/A away(as N/B/A) before the decline started, and then, one by one, I watched as they made fools of themselves.

Each and everyone of them has since been driven from the public eye, with the exception of Mr Gibbon, who is now a mere shadow of his former self.

So join us soon for the next instalment of this exclusive inteview, where we ask Sean about Izod, England, Paris and Crewe

medievalknight43.jpg

90+ Rated Players Transfers Since Turn 20

Turn 20:

Turn 21:

Turn 22: 2

Andoni Iraola 90 - Moved to Huddersfield Town

Steven Pienaar 90 - Moved to Rochdale

Turn 23:

Turn 24: 2

Assis Ronaldinho 92 - Moved to Everton

David Pizarro 92 - Moved to Manchester United

Turn 25: 2

Julio Cesar 95 - Moved to Bolton Wanderers

Heiko Westermann 91 - Moved to West Bromwich Albion

Turn 26:

Turn 27:

Turn 28:

Turn 29: 2

Lukas Podolski 90 - Moved to Bristol Rovers

Tim Wiese 90 - Moved to Swansea City

Turn 30: 5

Dirk Kuyt 92 - Moved to Crewe Alexandra

Mark Van Bommel 92 - Moved to Norwich City

Daniel Agger 90 - Moved to West Bromwich Albion

Oleksandr Aliyev 90 - Moved to West Bromwich Albion

David Albelda 90 - Moved to Northampton Town

Turn 31: 7

David Villa 96 - Moved to Manchester United

Fernando Torres 95 - Moved to Arsenal

Ferreira Lucio 94 - Moved to Arsenal

Nigel De Jong 91 - Moved to Crewe Alexandra

James Milner 90 - Moved to Arsenal

Gonzalez Raul 90 - Moved to Southend United

Matteo Brighi 90 - Moved to Crewe Alexandra

Turn 32: 5

Lionel Messi 98 - Moved to Southampton

Arjen Robben 94 - Moved to Tottenham Hotspurs

Mesut Ozil 93 - Moved to Tottenham Hotspurs

Francisco Totti 93 - Moved to Plymouth Argyle

Ezequiel Garay 90 - Moved to Crewe Alexandra

Turn 33: 3

Gonzalo Higuain 94 - Moved to Manchester United

Silveira Juan 93 - Moved to Manchester United

Holger Badstuber 90 - Moved to Manchester City

Turn 34: 6

Emmanuel Adebayor 92 - Moved to West Bromwich Albion

Yaya Toure 92 - Moved to West Bromwich Albion

Joe Cole 91 - Moved to Fulham

Niko Kranjcar 90 - Moved to Norwich City

Marouane Fellaini 90 - Moved to Leyton Orient

Miguel Veloso 90 - Moved to Manchester United

Turn 35: 2

Darijo Srna 91 - Moved to Tranmere Rovers

Andres Palop 90 - Moved to Sevilla

Turn 36: 2

Nicolas Anelka 93 - Moved to Huddersfield Town

Francisco Fernando - 90 - Moved to Charlton Athletic

Turn 37:

Turn 38: 5

Cristiano Ronaldo 98 - Moved to Liverpool

Steven Gerrard 94 - Moved to Manchester United

David Silva 93 - Moved to Manchester United

Pepe Reina 93 - Moved Plymouth Argyle

Darren Bent 90 - Moved to Liverpool

Statistics show 43 top players have made their transfer move since Turn 20. Ballon d'Or winner Lionel Messi signed Southampton in Turn 32 and Cristiano Ronaldo recently joined Liverpool in a swap deal with Steven Gerrard and David Silva. With Season 12 coming to an end, will we witness more major signings? Only time will tell.

Thompson not so DIM as Mariners stun the Spireites

Chesterfield 0 vs 2 Grimsby Town match review

Ten man Grimsby produced a stunning performance at the B2net stadium on Saturday as they ran out 2-0 winners against playoff hopefuls Chesterfield. Despite losing captain Alberto Zapater through a red card after just 26 minutes the Mariners regrouped and threw a massive spanner in the chesterfield playoff hopes.

Grimsby started with the same team that was beaten at home by Ipswich last time around meaning David Nugent,Christoph Berra and Andy King all remained on the bench after their recent moves.

The home side started the game brightly and could have taken the lead with less than minute on the clock when the ball fell to Leroy Fer but the midfielder somehow blasted wide with the goal at his mercy. That chance lifted the noise levels inside the stadium and five minutes later the host had another chance when Postiga found space in the box only to be denied by Castellazzi in the Grimsby goal.

It took a while for Grimsby to find their feet in the game but on 18 minutes they produced their first effort of the game forcing Chesterfield keeper Muslera into a world class save for what would have been a lovely goal. Another chance fell the way of the visitors on 21 minutes but winger Melo Gilberto could only fire wide after some great build up play.

genoazapater2010.jpg

Alberto Zapater saw red for Grimsby inside the half hour

On 26 minutes disaster struck for Grimsby when they were reduced to 10 men. Captain Alberto Zapater received his marching orders for a professional foul bringing down Boa Morte when through on goal. Despite the being reduced to 10 men Grimsby regrouped and frustrated the home side and it got even better on 39 minutes when they took the lead. striker Andy JOHNSON produced a moment of pure genius leaving the Chesterfield defense flatfooted before showing great composure to finish 0-1.

efc1225364136andyjohnso.jpg

Andy Johnson celebrates his first goal of the game

The Mariners would have been delighted with their first half's work and they started the second half the better team and could have extended their lead five minutes into the second half but Muslera produced a stunning save after an effort from close range.

The home side looked dangerous on the counter and on 57 minutes a 35 yard scorcher was palmed away by Castellazzi. Grimsby stood firm and were rewarded for their endeavor when they extended their lead on 66 minutes Andy JOHNSON grabbed his second of the game with a spectacular long range effort which flew into the top corner 2-0.

andyjohnsonfulhampremie.jpg

Andy Johnson celebrates after putting Grimsby 2-0 up

The home fans were dejected by that goal but on 71 minutes they nearly found a way back into the game but Castellazzi once again produced a fine save. Two minutes later and Johnson had a chance to grab his hatrick but his header landed on the roof of the net. Another chance fell the way of Grimsby on 78 minutes but Gilberto's dipping 25 yard effort came back off the crossbar. That proved to be the last meaningful effort of the game and the Mariners held on to claim a fantastic three points. FULL TIME 0-2.

Steve Thompson spoke to the press after the game.

"What a superb performance. I could not have asked any more from my boys tonight.

I feared for us when we lost Alberto but the boys showed a real resilience and spirit and when the chances came our way we took them.

I am pleased for Jonno. Getting two goals will do wonders for his confidence he is a quality finisher and he showed that with his two goals both were superbly taken.

If we produced performances like we have tonight all the time we would be in the position Chesterfield are but our inconsistency has let us down we just have to keep plugging away and take this performance into next season"

155185_1594556595994_1598317171_31406975_6038782_n.jpg

DIVISION 1 TITLE ROUND UP-GAME 37

Division 1

GD / Pts

1 Arsenal © 24 69

2 Liverpool 21 63

3 Sheffield United 17 63

4 Everton 8 62

………………………………...................................................

5 Preston North End 16 56

6 Southampton 8 55

7 Manchester United 6 53

8 Chelsea 6 52

9 West Ham United 4 52

10 Darlington -1 51

………………………………....................................................

11 Portsmouth -4 51

12 Charlton Athletic -5 51

13 Manchester City 2 50

14 Tottenham Hotspur -7 49

15 Huddersfield Town -6 48

16 West Bromwich Albion -6 46

17 Tranmere Rovers -16 44

………………………………...............................................................

18 Burnley -15 43

19 Blackburn Rovers ® -19 36

20 Millwall ® -33 30

Game 38

Charlton Athletic - Tottenham Hotspur

Southampton - Manchester United

West Ham United - Manchester City

Millwall - Chelsea

Burnley - Liverpool

Sheffield United - Darlington

West Bromwich Albion - Huddersfield Town

Portsmouth - Everton

Preston North End - Blackburn Rovers

Arsenal - Tranmere Rovers

th_DaveCusack1-1.jpg?t=1298195054Dave Says ….After an amazing turn around in fortunes, successive defeats against WBA and then last night against Shefffield Utd, Liverpool hand the title to North London giants Arsenal. It’s a huge achievement for rookie Gunners boss Andy Howett, whose focus now switches to overcoming a 3-2 deficit at Darlington to book a place in the SMFA Cup final against either Bayern Munich or West London cousins Chelsea. A magnanimous Liverpool boss Steve Mcurlgh was first to congratulate Howett, but the dashingly handsome Adonis must now look to raise his crestfallen troops as they look to secure second spot ahead of the impressive Sheffield United and Everton.

Elsewhere in the top half of the table, the race for Europe remains wide open with only 5th and 6th placed PNE and Southampton assured of an SMFA Shield European expedition next season. With tenth placed Darlington travelling to high flying Sheffield Utd, both Charlton and Man City fans will no doubt have their ears pressed to their radio’s as they pray for a result for the Blades, which in-turn may open the door for their own clubs late finish in the Euro spots.

th_Chatterton-2.jpg?t=1298195053Nick Says……. As expected its all over for Blackburn as their crushing defeat against relegation rivals Tranmere sees them finish in 19th and join Millwall in division 2 next season. All eyes now switch to Turf Moore as Marius Darkblades 18th placed Burnley take on a handsome Liverpool side still smarting at their title heartbreak. One thing for sure is the Scousers are guaranteed an uncomfortable 90 minutes on Wednesday night as anything less than a win for their hosts could well see the Clarets sucked into the second tier. Despite the magnificent 2-1 victory at Blackburn, Tranmere remain far from safety as they face a daunting trip to the Champions Emirates stadium. With only the slightest of advantages in goal difference, Trannies boss Callum Hewitt is no doubt aware that an unlikely victory in North London is the only sure way to survival for last seasons newcomers.

st1004_s-1.jpg?t=1297946880

2cnd/3rd/4th to follow

Guest drseanfitz

traintimes1.gif

Welcome once more to the Train Times, and it's exlusive interview with our resident madman.

[

darkmedievalknight56.jpg

Bill Ding: The world cup winning campaign in China last year sees you rightfully acknowledged as the countries greatest ever manager and your place amongst the immortals is confirmed. So what do you think of the growing whispers that your current bout of ill health is a sure sign that your days as England head coach are at an end. Clearly, your good friend and current caretaker boss Smartdoc is eminently qualified for the role and is rapidly emerging as not only the peoples choice but also of the England International Committee, do you think he is up for the job? And at what point would you feel the need to step down, before, during or after the upcoming world cup?.

I didn’t know Smarty was in control, Emilia just told me one of the coaches was in charge. Why would they put him in control? We are not amused.

I will return, and I will guide England again, my contract is iron clad, and it means too much for me to walk away from.

BD: Regardless of who is in control how do you rate England’s chances in South Africa this time around?

There’s no qualms about it England aren’t the best side in the world, and several of the players are playing worse than they did last year. It was a miracle that we were able to guide them to victory last year, but I am a living breathing miracle. But a realistic aim is the quarterfinals.

BD: Your relationship, or perhaps better described as your feud with another of the great 106 icons ,Hull boss Dave Izod seems to continue un-abated. Your war of words with him now far outstrips his earlier conflicts with both Paul Holt and Dave Belkevitz

What do you see as the root cause of this mutual animosity? And after so long at each others throats do you harbour any respect for him either on or off the field?.

This is one I consider a lot. I think it all started when he became Margaret and I spurned her offers for a date. From there she turned on us quickly with numerous spiteful little digs. Whilst she was Margaret she developed an obvious craving for power, which became more so when she switched back to Dave. Now people craving success I don’t mind, but to try and seize control, especially by the devious methods he used, was something I wasn’t going to sit back and let happen.

Once the battle line was drawn between us, it became clear that this is something that this battle will last until one of us is no longer in this dimension. I will constantly try to thwart his attempts at seizing control of 106, and he will always be jealous of my popularity and success.

BD: As the sun sets on the N/B/A it clearly has risen on the other huge EC 106 conglomerate, the Hull based SE8 MEDIA group. Governed by another of your most sternest of critics Francis Fraser, SE8 appears to be growing in strength daily and spreading its influence throughout EC106. Does this concern you ? And if not could you ever see you yourself joining the group and working under Fraser?

Of course it concerns us that a group is trying to take control of 106, but it was only to be expected. Izod wasn’t able to take control on his own, so he called in the reinforcements. Unfortunately for everybody, SE8 MEDIA has been left to run wild whilst I’ve been in Anno Domini, as nobody else appears strong enough to stand up to them. And no, I’d never consider working for them, I don’t work for anyone. We work for myself.

BD: Is it fair to suggest that in a way you was pleased to see the divorce of Paris and Elliot Hilton replace your sickness on the front pages?. Your relationship with both parties appears to be complex, you was his best man and remain a long term friend and confidant of Elliot, whilst at the same time you was the first to shelter Paris and her son when the couple separated. So tell me, whose to blame for the break-up and subsequent divorce?

It’s all down to that little skank Paris. Nothing much to say on the matter that hasn’t already been said. After she left Elliot I gave her a home and she repaid me by jumping in with Izod.

BD: Considering your illness many were surprised to see that you were chosen to represent Elliot in this weeks custody hearing, what provoked this?, was you suffering some kind of attack at the time ? was it out of loyalty ? Or do you truly believe the boy Jay would be better off with his father?

I honestly don’t know what you mean, I haven’t represented anyone. Oh wait, I’m just telling myself that one of us apparently did, and the whole thing isn’t going well.

Elliot is my oldest friend in 106, and as far as I can tell I was honoured to be asked. I can’t think of a better role model for young Jay than him.

I am of course concerned as to what affect this will have on young Elliot, but there’s always a place here in Belle Reve if he needs it.

15023568311skeletorlarg.jpg

BD: Despite your many critics few can deny your success at Crewe. You have single handily transformed the club from division 4 nobodies to a team assured of a division 2 play-off finish. What if you do get promoted this season, how do you think Crewe would fare? and would you still have the desire to continue at the club or would you perhaps consider it as job done and look to drop down the divisions to start again with another club?

I feel confident that Crewe can survive in the top flight. In my last days before being sectioned I revamped the team into a very talented, new look side. And I also laid the groundwork for another 1 or 2 international players arriving for the play-offs.

I am feeling refreshed at Crewe, and look forwards to many successful years at Gresty Rd, once we get out of here.

BD: After a monumental 233 games you remain one of the most experienced managers within 106. Many both within and outside the set-up are claiming that its finest day’s are behind it and its only a matter of time before it is eclipsed by others as SM premier English Championship. So what’s your opinion of the league in general ?, who do you look up to and what’s its standing in the wider world of Soccer manager.

The face of 106 has changed a lot in my time here. When I joined it was a quiet-ish neighbourhood that had just started to find its feet and was calling out for attention. From there everyone suddenly became obsessed with the media, with everyone more concerned with their public appearance than their success on field. However the bubble burst, a lot of people found that they had a repulsive public image and retired from the limelight.

However just because the media covers 106 less than it used to, it is still a vibrant little plane of existence, and one of the nicest places to live.

BD: And finally, is there anyone in particular you look up to in 106, and are there any new managerial faces that have caught your eye ?

Well there are several managers who have done outstanding jobs, the likes of Darlington, Huddersfield, Southampton, Charlton, Preston and Tranmere are amazing additions to division 1. The manager I admire most though is Sean at Crewe, he’s done an amazing job there, we talk to him a lot as he always close to me.

With the new guys, I quite like that Joe that’s taken over at Cardiff, and it will be a shame to relegate him on Wednesday. But Steve at Grimsby seems like a really good manager. He handles the press well, and that’s why I sent Karren over to teach him a few things.

Ok, gotta go now, Smarty is due to give me another injection in a minute.

aggothic32.gif

Thompson slams "lier" Frazer

philbrowncropped.jpg

Thompson slams Frazer on goals on Sunday

Grimsby Town manager Steve Thompson was one of the guest on popular Sky Sports program goals on Sunday yesterday. The Lancashire born 26 year old was asked by Kammy and Ben Shephard about Hull City owner Francis Frazer's astonishing attack on him and his partner Karen Brady claiming Thompson to be "DIM" as well as a "permma tanned loser". Brady also had her name tarnished in the shameless rant Frazer calling her a "sour faced old chuffer" and a "tatty old witch"

Thompson was clearly angry and used the show to humiliate the respected Hull owner Frazer. Thompson said.

frankmick.jpg

Mad Franky Frazer and one of his many henchmen

"That rant was totally in character for Frazer who likes to think of himself as respected and a changed man. But as the old saying goes a leopard never changes it's spots and Frazer will always be a bad un.

How can a man who spent his life in and out of prison have the nerve to tarnish mine and my partners impeccable reputation.

That mad cockney and his sidekick Izod have done nothing but drag Karen's name through the mud all because she turned down their sexual advances. They have tried to claim it wasn't true but i have seen the email for myself and we all know Dave and Franky can tell a tall story.

The SE8 Media group is an organized gang unit like the one's frank was involved in before his walking stick come into play. They try to intimidate anybody who goes against them but i tell you one thing i ain't running nowhere. That bloody cockney mafia don't scare me"

EC 106

End of Season Awards

End Of Season Awards Nominations Are Now Open

Voting Site

Division 1

Manager of the season

Goalkeeper of the season

Defender of the season

Midfielder of the season

Forward of the Season

Youth player of the season (Players Aged 15-21 only)

Homegrown Player Of The Season (English,Scottish,Welsh or Northern Irish

Team of the season

Division 2

Manager of the season

Goalkeeper of the season

Defender of the season

Midfielder of the season

Forward of the season

Team of the season

Division 3

Manager of the season

Goalkeeper of the season

Defender of the season

Midfielder of the season

Forward of the season

Team of the season

Division 4

Manager of the season

Goalkeeper of the season

Defender of the season

Midfielder of the season

Forward of the season

Team of the season

Other Awards

Overall Manager of the year

Overall Player of the year

Overall Team of the year

Most Improved Team This Season

Underachiever of the Year

EC106 Personality of the year

Award for Services to EC106

Rules

One nomination per category

no voting for your own players/Team these votes will not be counted

Vote for as many or as few of the Awards as you like

Votes can be for any player that has played in any of the 4 divisions this season

to cast your votes use this voting site of if for any reason you can not access this site PM The Fulham Manager in game or via pm on the forum or post your nominations on the EC106 - Discussion Thread

Voting closes on the final whistle of the playoff finals (date TBC)

Award results will be posted on the newspaper section in the EC106 game world and on the forum in the 106 discussion thread and on the 106 transfer & gossip thread

SoccermanagerTimescopy.jpg

Charlton turn attention to former players

Charlton Athletic chairman Richard Murray has revealed that the club are considering re-signing former players Luka Modric and Jermain Defoe at the end of the season. Both Modric and Defoe have been given the green light to leave their club, Everton and Tranmere Rovers respectively.

Modric, 25, has emerged as one of the most successful ex-Charlton players since leaving South London in Season 7 and has been in sparking form this season. The midfielder, who left Charlton after they were relegated to Division 2, has hinted he would welcome a return to The Valley.

"Charlton was my first club since I moved to England and they have been special to me," the Croatia international said. "They are showing good progress since Dean Bryant took over them. It would be hard to turn down a contract from them. There are a few clubs who have tabled offers but at the moment, but I'll consider my future at the end of the season."

Meanwhile, Defoe has yet to show his top form since joining Charlton and netted a goal in thirteen games in his only season with the Addicks. His move to Tranmere show no improvement as he netted 3 goals in 30 league games this season. His poor form didn't help him to secure a regular place in Sean Fitzpatrick's England. Dean Bryant, however, believe his best is yet to come and has hinted he is one of the posibilities in season break.

Guest drseanfitz

tfnews1.jpg

Crewe manager Sean today walked out of Belle Reve Sanatorium to be greeted by thousands of rapturous fans, many dressed in knight apparel.

englandfans1656593c.jpg

Fans flocked to see Sean released

The manager was sectioned on 10th February, and has spent nearly 3 weeks in Belle Rev, but this morning rumours surfaced of his impending release, and the fans started to flock to the sanatorium, adding to the hundreds that had been keeping vigil since Sean’s incarceration.

skopesleosuitjacket11.jpg

Sane Sir Sean - a sight we all wanted to see

At 12:40 the rumours were proven to be correct as Sean emerged from the Sanatorium, dressed in a sharp suit, without a hint of a knight’s costume in sight.

With no official word from either Belle Reve or the usually press friendly Sean himself, we can only speculate as to how Sean, who seemed to still be struggling to keep sane in an interview this weekend, managed to gain his release.

Guest drseanfitz

book76.png

Available now at all leading bookstores : Anno Domini - The Journals of Sir Sean, tells the story of how one man helped save a nation.

Written by Englands World Cup winning manager, and illustrated by garymack

Already shortlisted for this years Nebula awards, and current Oprah book of the week, the novel is selling out fast.

warningsign.jpg

Sheffield%2Bstar%2Blogo.JPG

EUR-A-STAR IN THE MAKING

Jubilation in Sheffield as the Blades qualifying for the European champions league for the first time in their history

Chairman Christopher Steer could barely control his emotions as he saw his club qualify for the champions league for the first time in their history. Having finished in 11th last year and with a lack of ambition being mooted by various sections of the Blades faithful following the inability to bring in any new players, the turnaround has been one of the biggest surprises in this EPL season. A 2-1 triumph at Anfield in the penultimate game of the season confirmed the Blades position in the top four and ensured that Brammall Lane will be seeing some of Europe's giants coming to the Lane in the World's premier competition. A clearly buoyant Steer went on to say:

I'm absolutely delighted for the club, the players, the backroom staff and most of all the fans. We've been through some testing times, but this really makes up for all of it. There were questions asked when we appointed Smartdoc as manager and more questions asked when we couldn't get in our identified targets at the start of this season, but surely all those questions are now gone. I told Smarty as the start of the season that we should aim to get into the SMFA shield. We actually had a bet going that if he got us into Europe I'd donate a set sum to his favourite charity and he'd do the same if he didn't for my charity. Never in my wildest dreams could I imagine us going one step further. It's fantastic for the club and the city as a whole. I can't praise the backroom staff and the playing staff enough. But enough of my babbling, this day belongs to the fans.

18_02_09_04_29_22xl.jpg

Steer keeping to his word and paying up at the celebration cermony arranged at Brammal Lane after the victory over Liverpool

The fans turned up in numbers at the especially organised celebration arranged at the Lane in the aftermath of the victory which secured the qualification. The event understandably was jovial and well-natured and the players spent several minutes taking pictures with the fans and signing autographs. Some of the players even got involved in some of the 5-a-side mini-matches arranged as part of the event on the Brammall Lane pitch which is due to be relaid at the end of the season. Supporter's club spokesman, Sam Stirling spoke about the event:

It's been a terrific season and a terrific day for the club. We haven't had a lot to smile about in recent times and all atthe club have made us proud. I've just been speaking to Johnny, over there, the club's oldest supporter and the only one of us who was around for our last FA cup triumph in 1925. He says this beats anything that the club did back in the day. We don't deny we had our doubts when Smartdoc was appointed. We'd heard Brian Deane was keen to take on the job and most of us would have preferred him to have come in. But there's no doubt he's won us over. He's got the player's playing the sort of attacking game and it's clear he's getting the best out of them. The likes of Gignac and Marcelo have suddenly starting performing at a level we certainly hadn't seen before. And we've got a message for the FA as well - stay away from our manager. He's a bonafide Blade now and you keep your dirty mitts off him.

0,,10418~3325464,00.jpg

The fans enjoying the day's festivities including the 5-a-side games that the players got involved in

Manager Smartdoc, who has been said to be keeping a low profile following recent murmurings about his role in what is now being labelled Fitz-gate made an appearance late in the day and perhaps got the loudest cheer of the day. The normally media-shy man has in recent times had to get used to the publicity and the media following his every move, mainly praised his players for the memorable season

i've said ever since I came here that we have a great set of lads here. We may not have the riches that league champions Arsenal or the big clubs like Liverpool or Manchester United have, but we have a collective spirit which is second to none. The players enjoy each other's company on and off the field and we have no primadonnas. We run a strict disciplinary policy instilled by our chairman and you won't find any of our player's in the beds of other's wives, getting involved in bar brawls or getting themselves drunk in to a stupor before or after games. The club ethic has got us to where we are and it's clearly paying dividends. We'll be looking to push on, but I really want to try and keep this squad together for as long as possible. We already are getting enquiries both domestically and abroad for several of our squad, but the chairman knows we want to keep this squad and he's actively backing us. These lads got us to where we are and they deserve to get their chance against the big boys of Europe.

Smartdoc, however, then refused to discuss any questions about his role with the England squad and about his good friend Sean Fitzpatrick by responding 'No comment' to any questions on these matters and instead choosing to refocus the questions towards the enjoyment of the Blades big day. His coyness would no doubt have only added to the considerable speculation about the ins and outs of Fitz-gate, but an unfazed Smartdoc is clearly beginning to come to terms with his suden rise to fame over the past season. Both the fortunes and worth of the club and the manager are on the up.

Guest drseanfitz

streetsignm.jpg

If you are reading this then you are one of my friends in the press, and I thought it was time to tell you all what really happened, so you can relay the story to the general public.

The facts are that the whole nut-job act was simply a stunt to raise publicity for my book Anno Domini - The Journals of Sir Sean.

I was fortunate enough to have Smartdoc help me get 'admitted' to Belle Reve where he gave me placebo's to keep up the pretence, and of course signed me out this morning.

All the way through this everyone at Crewe were fully aware of my plan, but the only other person who knew was Smartdoc who, as I have already stated, worked with me from the off.

I would like to stress that I was totally unaware of what was going on involving England, and am deeply concerned that Smarty managed to get the job, something I shall be discussing with both him and the SMFA at the earliest opportunity.

I must also apologize to Elliot, as it appears my crazy act may well have ruined his custody battle for JC, but my book was more important.

But the stunt worked, the book has already sold more than the last 3 Harry Potter books put together, and a film deal is in the pipeline.

1276971793.jpg

204_front_small.pngv 265_front_small.png

Fulham v Leeds

Match Preview

Fulham take on Leeds Utd in the final league game of the season with a playoff place already assured and only the battle for 3rd place at stake in tomorrow evenings game a win for Fulham and either a draw or loss for Crewe would assure Fulham of 3rd place.

Fulham manager Philip Gibbon however is unlikely to risk key players in tomorrow evenings game with Maarten Martens,Joe Cole,Fabien Lemoine,Willian,Marcus Berg,Patrick Ochs,Mauricio Romero and Rudy Mater all doubtful for the game.

The first team does however still have a strong line up Sergio Romero as always takes his place in goal for Fulham and will have only missed the 1 game this season Nogueira Tonel leads the defense and is joined by Danilo Silva who is set to make his 13th appearance of the season while recently returned Andrey Ivanov gets a chance to prove himself and makes his debut for Fulham after signing for the club last season

31052_1210934286.jpg

Andrey Ivanov set to make his debut for Fulham

Midfielder Jucilei looks set to be handed the captains armband for tomorrow evenings game the 22y/o has been in fine form for the club this season he looks set to be joined in the center of midfield by inexperienced pair Felipe Seymour and Andre Castro on the right of midfield Bruno Pereirinha is set to make his 10th appearance of the season while Siaka Tiene looks to build on the two good performances so far since arriving at the club for £9m.

40088_1285710519.jpg

22y/o Jucilei to get captains armband

Up front top goalscorer Chu-Young Park has not fully recovered from a recent injury but is expected back for the playoffs while Marcus Berg is rested in form Gaston Fernandez is expected to start however and is expected to play alongside Adelino Vieirinha

3579_1275270737.jpg

Gaston Fernandez to lead Fulham attack

Fulham have named a strong bench for tomorrow evenings game with new signing Rudy Mater and Jeremy Menez named amongst the substitutes squad players Alexander Tettey and Efrain Juarez have also earned a place on the bench and have done well when called upon this season while on loan Evgeni Makeev has proved a very popular loan signing this season at Fulham and could well make his 18th appearance of the season while there could be league debuts for Alexander Buttner and recent signing Nemanja Nikolic who scored 46 goals in 72 games in the Hungarian 1st division

35236_1233661307.jpg41748_1280430855.jpg

Alexander Buttner and recent signing Nemanja Nikolic could make there league debuts against Leeds

Lilywhites forward Bendtner joins Charlton on four-season deal

Nicklas-Bendtner.jpg

Bendtner arriving at The Valley with his huge bag

Two seasons after joining Preston North End, Nicklas Bendtner has completed his move to Charlton Athletic and joins the Addicks on a four-season deal. Robinho cost Preston £14 million when signing for Preston in Season 10 but now they have recouped the payment of £16 million from Charlton.

"Charlton have great players, a great team with many huge progression in recent seasons," Bendtner said. "I hope that together with my new team-mates we will be able to help the club to better standings in the league as well as to silverwares.

"I always heard good things about Charlton, and I'm sure that I can settle in quickly and get much of my match fitness in the pre-season training and friendlies. If I were given to play against Tottenham, I'll give my very best. I believe that in Charlton, every players were given the chance in the first team and that help me in signing the contract with them."

Bendtner, who spent a short spell on loan with Cardiff City, leaves Preston after scoring 4 goals in 21 league apprearances. Bendtner joins Charlton just days after the club recruited Francisco Fernando from Carlisle United. Bendtner join Radamel Falcao, Tomas Necid and Hugo Almeida at The Valley to form a very talented forward line.

"These two signings were a great present to all the supporters," manager Dean Bryant said. "Both have shown their quality over the seasons and next season, they will help us along with the current players to improve our league standing."

Mariners looking to end season on a high

Grimsby Town vs Blackpool match preview

philbrown.jpg

Thompson hoping to end on a high

Grimsby Town will bring the curtain down on a disappointing season on Wednesday when they entertain Blackpool at Blundell Park in the final game of the season. A disappointing second half to the season saw Grimsby fall away from the playoffs after spending a large majority of the first half of the season amongst the playoff pack.

steinsson.jpg

Gretar Steinsson misses out through suspension

Thompson's first full season in charge has seen many twist and turns including a dramatic win in the English cup against division 2 side Leeds United and then there was the embarrassing 4-2 home defeat at bottom club Bounemouth. There was also the Karen Brady scandal which saw Thompson banned from talking to the media by the club until his personal life was sorted. Most recently Thompson has been draw into a war of words with Hull City supremo Franky Frazer a feud which is still going on to this day.

Getting back to the game against Blackpool and Thompson will have to make two enforced changes to the game due to suspension. Captain Alberto Zapater received a straight red card in win over Chesterfield at the weekend and he will begin his three match suspension whilst right back Gretar Steinsson serves a one match suspension for accumulating five yellow cards over the season.

andyking.jpg

Andy King will be hoping to start for Grimsby

Likely to come into the team for Steinsson is recent signing Christoph Berra and for Zapater it will be a choice between Dickson Etuhu or Andy King with Etuhu maybe having the edge through experience.

Grimsby boss Steve Thompson gave his thoughts on the upcoming match to a packed Blundell Park press room.

" I can't believe the end of the season has arrived already it seems like only yesterday we were opening the league campaign against Luton. The end to the season has been a bit of a disappointment after our great start.

We have shown glimpses of what we can do throughout the season but our downfall has been our inconsistency and i hope next season we can maintain our form better.

We want to finish the season on a high for our fans and give them some much needed optimism for next season but we know Blackpool are going to be tough opponents"

EC 106

End of Season Awards

End Of Season Awards Nominations Are Now Open

Voting Site

Division 1

Manager of the season

Goalkeeper of the season

Defender of the season

Midfielder of the season

Forward of the Season

Team of the season

Division 2

Manager of the season

Goalkeeper of the season

Defender of the season

Midfielder of the season

Forward of the season

Team of the season

Division 3

Manager of the season

Goalkeeper of the season

Defender of the season

Midfielder of the season

Forward of the season

Team of the season

Division 4

Manager of the season

Goalkeeper of the season

Defender of the season

Midfielder of the season

Forward of the season

Team of the season

Other Awards

Overall Manager of the year

Overall Player of the year

Overall Team of the year

Most Improved Team This Season

Underachiever of the Year

EC106 Personality of the year

Award for Services to EC106

Rules

One nomination per category

no voting for your own players/Team these votes will not be counted

Vote for as many or as few of the Awards as you like

Votes can be for any player that has played in any of the 4 divisions this season

to cast your votes use this voting site of if for any reason you can not access this site PM The Fulham Manager in game or via pm on the forum or post your nominations on the EC106 - Discussion Thread

Voting closes on the final whistle of the playoff finals (date 6th March)

Award results will be posted on the newspaper section in the EC106 game world and on the forum in the 106 discussion thread and on the 106 transfer & gossip thread

1276971793.jpg v 1276765630.jpg

Match Preview

Division 2 Playoff Semi Final

4th placed Fulham take on 5th Bradford City in tomorrow evenings division 2 playoff semi final Fulham welcome back several key players after they were rested for the final game of the season and with exception of Issiar Dia and Andrey Ivanov have a full squad to choose from for this vital game however Wednesday's squad are likely to be rested with this game coming up so soon after.

Fulham manager Philip Gibbon takes Fulham into the playoffs for the first time tomorrow evening but the former Middlesbrough manager has been here three times already and will be hoping to make it fourth time lucky and to make it even harder he has to beat his home city of Bradford in the semi final to do so.

Fulham make 10 changes to the starting eleven that beat Leeds 2-1 on the final day of the season only goalkeeper Sergio Romero keeps his place in the team at the back Fulham welcome back Patrick Ochs and Mauricio Romero also making a return to the starting line up after missing Fulham's last 3 games through suspension is Roland Juhasz new signing Rudy Mater was expected to start however will have to make do with a place on the bench alongside fellow defenders Tobias Levels and Evgeni Makeev.

With Jucilei playing on Wednesday the Fulham midifeld has chosen itself with Fabien Lemoine taking up Jucilei's role in defensive midfield Willian and Jeremy Menez complete the center of midfield Joe Cole takes over on the right from Patrick Ochs and will be looking to build on the 3 solid performances so far Maarten Martens takes up his usual role on the left of midfield but looks to have some competition for his place next season with Siaka Tiene impressing in his 3 games for the club so far.

Up front Fulham have received a huge boost with top goalscorer Chu-Young Park returning to full training he partners Marcus Berg up front Gaston Fernandez is unlikely to feature after playing on Wednesday bench duties fall to Nemanja Nikolic and Alexander Buttner

Bendtner strike hands Charlton victory

BENDTNER_N_20090606_GH_L.jpg

Bendtner netted his first goal for Charlton

Charlton Athletic new boy Nicklas Bendtner grabbed a memorable first goal for his new club as his goal edged the Division 1 side past second tier club Leeds United. Bendtner struck five minutes after the break when Radamel Falcao's cross fell to him ten yards from goal and he swept it low into the net to give the Addicks a 1-0 victory at The Valley.

Charlton carved out a succession of chances but couldn't find what would have been a decisive second, as Leeds offered them little danger on the counter attack. It signalled a third straight victory for Dean Bryant's side against United with both sides previous meeting was in Season 10, in which Charlton won on both clashes.

Guest 1CapWonder

2igy5cm.png

Rochdale Awards Night

125px-rochdale_badge.png

Rochdale hosted their annual awards ceremony last night, the 5th time they have done so under boss Elliot Hilton. All of the awards (bar the infamous "Tool" trophy) are prestigious and some of Rochdale's finest ever players have their names etched in history after winning such honours at previous events. This year, competition is stiff with Dale just missing out on playoffs. The future is bright, but rewards will be handed out for performances last season, not potential for the coming months. So without scandal, The Rochdale Times will take you through our great evening, and reveal the winners for Season 12...

Fans Player Of The Season Award

Season 8 Winner: Gary Jones

Season 9 Winner: Brad Friedel

Season 10 Winner: Jimmy Bullard

Season 11 Winner: Kieran Gibbs

ruud-van-nistelrooy-deporte-gredos-de-guisando-award-1.jpg?w=476&h=305

Ruud Van Nistelrooy

Just pipping David Beckham to this award, Ruud Van Nistelrooy can be immensely proud of what he has achieved in a Rochdale shirt this season. Beginning his first full campaign for the Spotland side, Ruud showed he is still one of the best finishers in world football, and one of the greatest strikers of his generation. 9 man of the match awards shows how he won games with goals and 16 league goals is an excellent return for the Dutchman.

Van Nistelrooy Said:

I am so happy to be able to show what I can do with 30+ games under my belt. I have always scored goals and I knew I could do so for Elliot with a full season. I can promise, and you can check the stats, that with 30 starts, I will always, always deliver 10 goals at the very least. I have enjoyed a great season here. I still have ambitions at the very top in EC106, but I would like to organise contract discussions with Rochdale. We will see. Thankyou to the fans, I show my appreciations to you for your support.

Player's Player Of The Season Award

Season 8 Winner: Ashley Williams

Season 9 Winner: Dave Kitson

Season 10 Winner: Roger Johnson

Season 11 Winner: Paul Scholes

_45096196_530295ed-178b-4acf-a1a3-c58b0539e793.jpg

David Beckham

Rochdale's captain has more than led by example this year. Despite turning 36 in a little over a months time, Beckham managed 35 league games last term, racking up an incredible 13 goals and 11 assists. This is Becks' best ever return in EC106, and his willing to run, his ability to produce, and his knack of scoring last minute winners has on ocassion, single handedly won games for Rochdale this year. An honour fully deserved, and perhaps the most worthy winner of this trophy since it's formation.

Paul Said:

Many football players think their finished by their mid-30's. There have been times where I've come home from training, thinking that will be it for me, no more. Since joining Rochdale in Season 11, those thoughts have not yet crossed my mind. I'm loving leading this side and I'm back enjoying the playing side immensely. It's been a great but long journey to reach Spotland, and now I hope to make the most of every remaining second. I want to finish my career here, and I'd like to think I'm still contributing. An award like this is phenomenal and I'm so proud and happy. Special thanks to the gaffer, for putting all the faith in the world in me. Thanks to the fans for supporting me, and thanks to my peers, for voting me in for this.

Young Player Of The Season Award

Season 8 Winner: James McCarthy

Season 9 Winner: James McCarthy

Season 10 Winner: Kieran Gibbs

Season 11 Winner: James Tomkins

rafab_pa.jpg

Rafael Da Silva

Rafael has been a fixture in the Rochdale side for 3 seasons now. His energies and abilities down the right flank has seen him play at right back, and more further forward from right midfield. This season, the Brazilian managed 25 games with an impressive average rating of 7.16. His performances have made him the centre of a number of bids but Hilton has repeatedly said that the Da Silva twins are not for sale. Hopefully, the emergence of brother Fabio will see the pair dominate Rochdale's full back positions for years to come.

Rafael Said:

I am the first non-British player to win this award. It is fine achievement and honour for me to pick it up as I am proud to wear the shirt of Rochdale and proud to represent my country in doing that. I still have much to learn at both defending and playing forward in England but I really love here with my brother and we are hoping that we stay here for a very long time. We are honest players and we like to improve. Hopefully I can next win one of the big two award at offer to us. Thankyou.

Manager's Award

Season 8 Winner: Keith Hill (Assistant Manager)

Season 9 Winner: Mia Hamm (Physio)

Season 10 Winner: Paris Hilton (Personality/Manager's Wife)

Season 11 Winner: Rosella Sensi (Owner)

Woodhouse%20Angel%20Merit%200810%2001WEB.jpg

Steve Coppell (First Team Coach)

This award has often gone for someone contributing to the football club off the football pitch, but Rochdale's good football this year has forced Elliot Hilton to give it to someone who has worked close with the players day in, day out, contributing to some of the excellent football the club has played this year. That man is Steve Coppell. The 55 year old is a "genius" in the opinion of Hilton, who was quick to recruit Coppell at the beginning of Season 11 when the man with few words was out of work. It has proved to be a masterstroke, and Rochdale have, without doubt, the best backroom staff in EC106.

Coppell Said:

Thanks for this. I really enjoy working with Elliot and this football club. It's enjoyable and I'm happy to stay as long as the boss needs me. We want to keep improving and hopefully next year will be our year.

Top Goalscorer

Season 8 Winner: Dave Kitson

Season 9 Winner: Rickie Lambert

Season 10 Winner: Pippo Inzaghi

Season 11 Winner: Ronaldo

ruud.jpg

Ruud Van Nistelrooy

Ruud Van Nistelrooy is a goalscorer. Winning the fans' player of the season just isn't enough for this Dutchman. He needs his goals to be recognised, and this year, they most certainly have. 16 league goals in a great return for the striker, despite losing his Brazilian strike partner to retirement to the end of the year. Rochdale fans will hope that Hilton keeps their favourite frontman despite intentions to sell and move on. Time will tell what will happen, but with Van Nistelrooy in the form he is, he'd be an asset to any club right now.

The Tool

Season 8 Winner: Paddy McCourt

Season 9 Winner: Paddy McCourt

Season 10 Winner: Kieran Gibbs

Season 11 Winner: Ruud Van Nistelrooy

Standard-Lieges-Eliaquim--001.jpg

Kieran Gibbs

This is given to the player who totals up the most bookings (1pt) and red cards (2pts) throughout the season. The last 2 winners of this award have gone on to win Fans' Player Of The Year award the season after. Mind you, Kieran Gibbs has already won both. This year, he racked up a heavy 8 bookings, compared to Nigel Reo-Coker, who was next closest with 6. Let's hope Kieran Gibbs can get back to that goalscoring form of Season 11 then next year... Tool!

Young Scholar Award

Season 8 Winner: Dean Parrett

Season 9 Winner: Jack Payne

Season 10 Winner: Haris Vuckic

Season 11 Winner: Connor Wickham

tumblr_ldwku8wBTA1qexleno1_400.gif

Marc Muniesa

This award is handed out to most impressive Under 18 player to have climbed through the ranks. This is one of the most coveted awards at the football club, and the boss has high hopes for a lot of his youth players. Marc Muniesa walks away with the prize this year, having performed admirably for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Reserve Side. The 18 year old Spaniard also made one appearance for the first team in the league, setting a goal up on his debut. It may still be a couple of years before Muniesa makes his mark on EC106, but Hilton rates the classy centre back highly, refusing to lose his Muniesa despite continued interest.

And that's it for another year. We at the Rochdale Times hope you enjoyed the evening once more. We certainly did end up pushing for promotion, and next year will hopefully be our season. Hilton is still the man for the job and the club are right behind him. UP THE DALE!