English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

SoccermanagerTimescopy.jpg

Almeida could consider future

hugoalmeida1.jpg

Hugo Almeida: Considering his future

Hugo Almeida has revealed he could consider leaving Charlton Athletic in the season break if he is not given the assurance of first team opportunities.

Almeida, 26, joined Charlton in Season 11 from Sheffield Wednesday but has struggled to establish himself as a first-team regular, and the arrival of Nicklas Bendtner and Julian Schieber appear to have further restricted his chances in the final quarter of Season 12.

"It's been difficult watching from the sidelines these past few weeks," Almeida said. "At this time, when you are aware of the competition for your position is mounting, it's time to discuss with the manager and think about your career."

With Dean Bryant currently showing a preferance for Radamel Falcao and Nicklas Bendtner as his strike duo and Tomas Necid on the bench, it has been difficult for Almeida to press his claims. Almeida recognises that he faces tough competition for a place as a result of Charlton's quality in attack but believes he has the ability to match his team-mates.

"They are quality strikers, but I have to say that if you take the statistics I'm not far from them," he said. "I can reach their level, so I have to keep working hard and that's the only way I will get into the team. The manager knows I can bring something to the team as well. Right now he's making the choice of Falcao and Bendtner. It's working well and we're winning games. so I have to wait."

Guest 1CapWonder

2hd2tu0.jpg

Rochdale's Top Trump

2007+Winter+TCA+Tour+Day+9+5C_rtDgDASKl.jpg

Meet Rochdale's New Chairwoman: Ivanka Trump

Rosella Sensi may well have tasted defeat when representing Elliot Hilton in his recent custody battle for baby Jay Champion, but she has certainly been successful now she's back to football business. The Italian's latest masterstroke has involved bringing Ivanka Trump into Rochdale football club as new chairwoman. The 29 year old will begin with immediate effect in preparation for Season 13 in EC106. Ivanka is the daughter of acclaimed business man Donald Trump who's net worth is in excess of £2bn. Not only will Ivanka bring knowledge and enthusiasm to her new role, but she will also offer financial backing, working alongside Rosella Sensi at the helm. Trump will replace Karren Brady, who last held the Chair at Spotland, and is 12 years younger than the new Grimsby employee. Whilst Ivanka was unable to comment today on her new position, Rosella Sensi was happy to explain the decision to bring in the beautiful 5"11, New York model come business woman to Rochdale Football Club...

Sensi Said:

Obviously...er, I was how you say, very disappointed to see Elliot lose his baby to SE8 Media. It came as a shock to us but see we knew that with the control they have, we would be, er, struggling you see once the decision went to the public. We wanted to show our, er, intent at our football club, and when the say, opportunite arise, to bring in Ivanka then we happy to do it. See the position was available to be, er, filled and we wanted to bring in someone with, er, energy and brains. It is not about the money, though we hope, er, we can deal with The Trump Family in a way to, er, benefit Rochdale. Overall, this is how you say, very positive and happy for us here. I can wait to work with Ivanka. Things are, er, exciting here now.

27079_news.jpg594673.jpg

Sensi spoke very highly of Ivanka Trump as she broke the exciting news to Rochdale fans today...

Grimsby Town end of season awards night

1265010058grimsbytown.jpg

After beating Derby 5-0 in a Friendly fixture on Saturday all those connected with Grimsby Town celebrated the clubs achievements in the season just gone with a lavish suit and bow tie ceremony held in the John McDermott lounge.

Grimsby fan Malcolm Hebden better known as Norris Cole from Coronation Street was the presenter of the evening.

Official player of the year award

Javier Hernandez

Players player of the year award

Javier Hernandez

Managers player of the year award

Javier Hernandez

Young player of the year award

Phil Jones

Team performance of the season award

Grimsby 5 vs 2 Peterborough United

Goal of the season award

Anthony Le Tallac vs Rushden & Diamonds

John McDermott player of the future award

Hörður Björgvin Magnusson

155185_1594556595994_1598317171_31406975_6038782_n.jpg

HULL HEROES RETURN HOME

400Concorde-British-Airway-420x0.jpg

Frank 1 touches down at Hull International

1_42_trump_donald.jpgDonald Trump Writes.... Hull arrived back in the UK today after a week long end of season break in South America. The entire squad, along with partners and Miss Paris Hilton and son Jay were treated by Hull owner Mr Francis Fraser to the jolly up on the beautiful Vanua Levu island in Fiji after their successful division 4 promotion campaign which saw them finish as runner-ups to Champions Hartlepool. There was no expenses spared on the break and the squad made the most of the fantastic facilities at the SE8 MEDIA owned holiday complex whilst enjoying the legendary South seas hospitality before travelling back home in style aboard Mr Fraser’s private aircraft, Frank 1. Speaking soon after landing at the newly completed SE8 MEDIA owned Hull International airport Mr Fraser was quick to pay tribute to his team as he declared…

Its been a great end to a great season the lads were magnificent and I am delighted to have been able to show them my gratitude for their fine efforts. These are exciting times for both the club and the city of Hull and I firmly believe we are on the verge of new dawn in our fortunes. There is of course much work to be done before the start of next season, the third division presents us with a challenge and I will be meeting with Dave Izod later this week to discuss transfer funds ahead of the new season.

Electing to stay in the UK, City manager Dave Izod is said to have spent the week eyeing up potential new recruits to City’s defence and is also thought to have been in negotiations with a host of division 1 clubs for the possible sale of flying winger Ashley Cole. As yet there are no firm details of any potential deals but its thought that heavy weights West Brom and Tranmere have both had unsatisfactory bids turned down. Later this week both Izod and Fraser are expected to be at hand at the unveiling of the clubs new out of town home, the 40,000 seat Steve Mclurgh stadium with the KC being demolished to make way for a SE8 MEDIA built luxury town center property development alongside the newly completed Hull Marina.

parishilton_bikini.jpg

The carefree and single again Miss Paris Hilton relaxes in Fiji last week

SpainBanner.gif

Spain name squad for World Cup in South Africa

Spain have revealed their 30 man World Cup squad ahead of the tournaments start on 11th March.

Spain hope to put a bad qualifying campaign behind them with a good performance at the World's premiere competition, with Spain's national coach James Burrow offering his resignations should Spain not reach the Quarter-Finals. Spain struggled to qualify for this seasons World Cup, and failed to get out of the Group Stages last season. With pressure mounting on the English manager, who is up for four domestic awards with Preston North End, a good World Cup campaign would do Burrow very well indeed.

Burrow has made five changes to the squad which beat Turkey in their last game. Crystal Palace's Carlos Marchena has withdrawn due to injury, his replacement being Raul Albiol, who was dropped a season ago ahead of the World Cup. In goal young David de Gea replaces the more experienced Victor Valdes, with Iker Casillas expected to keep goal in the Finals. Leyton Orient star Bruno Soriano replaces Bolton's Javi Martinez, while Santi Cazorla comes in at the expense of Pablo Hernandez. Finally, Basque star Andoni Iraola replaces Watford's Nacho Monreal in defence. The youngest player in the squad is Preston's on loan star Sergio Canales, who impressed on loan at Deepdale, yet only has one 30 minute cameo appearance to date for the national side. Notable absentees include Huddersfield's Marcos Senna, yet to be called up by James Burrow.

Spain kick-off their World Cup campaign against unfancied Ecuador, before games with Portugal and Switzerland. Burrow has emphasised that he wont be taking the Ecuador game to be an easy three points, after the embarassment of a season ago when La Roja failed to pick up a win in a group with Ireland, Australia and Portugal.

Van der Vaart wants out of Rovers

Rafael van der Vaart is set to leave Blackburn Rovers, after the Dutch maestro expressed his desire to remain in the top flight of English football.

600full-rafael-van-der-vaart.jpg

The 28 year old playmaker only played 17 times in Blackburn's relegation season, where Rovers only picked up 37 points. Van der Vaart was talking to the Lancashire Evening Post, and had this to say ahead of Holland's first World Cup game against Scotland:

"It's easy to see why Blackburn were relegated. The manager kept perservering with tactics which weren't suited to the league and the situation. I started the season on fire, yet was dropped and Blackburn strated losing in a downwards spiral. Then, the selling of Pienaar crippled us, Steven had been having a great season, before he was sold to Rochdale in exchange for a player for the future. We didnt need future players, we needed players to start now. No doubt Blackburn will be back in the top league in the future, but it wont be next season, or the one after, and Im not prepared to wait that long to reach the top flight. I dont wish to move from the North West, preferably a Northern club would suit me, but a club which would play me would be an improvement on Blackburn."

Preston, Everton and Manchester United have been alerted by the players 'come-and-get-me' plea, although the major stumbling block seems to be Rovers asking price, with a deal believed to be in the region of £25m being rejected during the end of last season.

WBA End of Season Review

West_Bromwich_Albion_crest.png

On the whole, the management are pleased that the club will have the financial security of top flight football for another season, especially considering the position the club was in in December.

That said, the current squad at West Brom should be above the relegation battle so next season we hope to be pushing for at least a mid-table finish with Europe our ultimate aim within the next two seasons. A cup run would be nice but with the unpredictability of the competition and the weak depth in some areas, anything in these tournaments is a bonus.

llorente-2.jpg

West Brom's player of the season for season XII was awarded to Spanish striker Fernando Llorente. The former Preston forward had the most appearances, goals, assists and MOM awards of the team finishing the year at the Hawthorns making the decision relatively straightforward for the management, fans and board. Speculation is rising though that this may be a swansong of sorts though with rumours arising he won't be around for season XIII.

3526509.jpg

The award for young player of the season (U23) went to Étienne Capoue. The flexible Frenchman has covered ably in midfield and in defence, totting up 30 appearances and 6 goals in the process. Manager Heppenstall has stated that Capoue is one of the few players in his squad that has no price and is thought to feature prominently in the Baggies long-term plans.

FC+Spartak+Moscow+v+FC+Lokomotiv+Moscow+Premier+XCZBOvcEUHzl.jpg

The 'One to Watch' award was given to Ukrainian attacker Oleksandr Aliyev. After arriving from Norwich towards the end of the season he bagged 7 goals in 8 games for West Brom aiding them greatly in the relegation battle.

Grimsby Town and Tranmere Rovers confirm agreement

clublogo.gif

grimsby.gif

Grimsby Town and Tranmere Rovers have confirmed that the clubs have come to an agreement that will see Tranmere's fringe first team footballers join Grimsby on loan in order to get first team football and continue their football development.

Tranmere who secured their division one status have already profited from sending two of their brightest young talents to Blundell Park in Javier Hernandez and Phil Jones and with this confirmed agreement Mariners fans can now look forward to seeing more of footballs brightest prospects strutting their stuff for Grimsby.

Hernandez has been hailed as a major success at Blundell Park featuring in 40 games in all competitions and scoring 17 goals the Mexican international also swept the boards as the clubs player of the year awards winning the official,Players and managers player of the year awards to cap off a fine individual season.

19 year old English defender Phil Jones also enjoyed a productive spell at Grimsby featuring 23 times in all competitions and scoring 2 goals. Jones also claimed the young player of the year award at Grimsby to finish off his season in style.

Grimsby Town manager Steve Thompson issued a statement through the clubs official website when the news was announced it read.

"I am delighted that Grimsby have teamed up with such a great club as Tranmere Rovers. This agreement enables us to take some of footballs brightest prospects and give them first team football which they may not get at Tranmere on a regular basis. Tranmere profit from their players getting valuable experience and as seen with Javier and Phil it can certainly mold them into better players.

In truth this deal has been in the pipeline for sometime myself and Callum Hewett (Tanmere manager) have spoke in the past about making this a permanent agreement and it has now been rubber stamped. With regards to next season Phil Jones will defiantly return on another season long loan whilst i am hopeful Javier will be coming back i know the lad has enjoyed his time here and Callum is thinking that one over. With regards to the third i can't comment but there is one or two who have been mentioned.

This is the start of a long and successful partnership between two great clubs and i am sure all parties will be delighted by the news"

Tranmere manager Callum Hewett also released a statement when the agreement was officially unveiled.

"It's great that we have been able to link up with such a great club as Grimsby Town. This agreement enables me to send my brightest prospects on loan to a club were know they will be looked after and they will continue their development.

I monitor all my players whilst they are on loan and keep in regular contact with both the managers and the players and i have heard nothing but good things from Javier and Phil about how well they have been treated and how much they enjoy the area. Javier said he has even taken up deep sea fishing and loves nothing better than a youngs admiral pie.

Phil said he has enjoyed his time in Grimsby and would like to remain there for another season he has a great working relationship with Steve as they come from the same area and he has also explained his love for all things fish and has come accustomed to having a fisherman's pie as his pre match meal.

I have also used my contacts in the game to set up a prestigious tournament which will include Tranmere and Grimsby as well as Real Madrid,Barcelona,Inter Milan,AC Milan,Bayern Munich and Lyon.

This marks the start of a new era for both clubs and i predict this agreement to prove a major success"

Guest drseanfitz

wls1.jpg

England manager Sean Fitzpatrick today resumed to his rightfull place at the pinnacle of English Football, and announced the 30 man squad for the 2011 South Africa World Cup

engsq.jpg

Thought with the new addition i'd update this

EC106 Forumers

Div 1

Arsenal-Andyowls

Charlton-Dean 89

Crystal Palace-TRGAWHFC★[RV]scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Crewe-DrSeanFitz

Darlington-Realm of Decit (inactive?)

Everton-Kevin A (inactive?)

Huddersfield-Dermo

Liverpool-Handsome-Steve

Man city- Bail

Man utd - Kopster

Portsmouth- Nikidinho

Preston-xxBurrowxx

Southampton-Sambalele

Sheffield Utd- Smartdoc

Sheff Wed- Son of Pluto

Tranmere- Chewett

West Bromwich Albion - Stuart H

West Ham United-Bakker (inactive?)

Div 2

Barnsley-Andri Sigborsson (inactive?)

Birmingham- JamesMCFC

Blackburn- Hercule Poirot

Bradford-Monty

Burnley-Darkblade

Coventry-Skybluelee

Doncaster Rovers-Navin Legend

Fulham-Pipgib

Leyton Orient- Zakkoo

Middlesborough-Jooles

Millwall - Rick James

Newcastle- Dom Latouche

QPR-Chipolopo

Reading- Matty AVFC

Shorpe-J C

Sunderland- Dai

Watford-Kaito(inactive?)

Wolves- hibb_MTFC

Wigan-Andrew Smith

Div 3

Bolton- Germ scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Bristol city-Dudeskin

Bristol rovers-Lenny59

Brighton-Hugano(inactive ?)

Cardiff- Jr231990

Gillingham- IOA

Hartlepool - 374 scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Hull- Longnose

Leicester city- MrAdamski

Norwich- Rob Walshe

Notts County- Toonfanforlife

Plymouth-Gossy

Port vale-Kensational

Rochdale-1 Cap Wonder

Rotherham- Gary Townsend

Southend-Machinescottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Stoke city-Rackey

Wycombe -MrMalcom

Div 4

Blackpool-George ECFC

Brentford-Dazino scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Carlisle- BiggameMo

Cheltenham Town- SwanseaJack

Colchester United - EDMoses

Grimsby Town- Steve24

Ipswich-TOM MFC

Luton- Darlo FC

Northampton- Koplfc

Nottingham Forest -Wesley Sneijder

Oxford-Dave Belkavitz scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350(inactive?)

Peteborough - Donkey Punch

Swansea- Will

Swindon-Craig scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Walsall- ★Bale★scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Yeovil-Bcfc12345

70 out of 80

john-lewis-socks-john-lewis-premium-square-socks-navygrey-pack-of-2.jpg8 out of 80

By inactive I mean inactive on the forum, not the game.

Anyone spot any mistakes ? OR NAME CHANGES, please let the me know via the other thread.

:):)

155185_1594556595994_1598317171_31406975_6038782_n.jpg

HULL MOVE TO NEW HOME

1594-0.jpg

The newly completed Mclurgh Arena

harrythedogcropped.jpg?t=1299544681 Harry the Dog Writes.....Hull celebrated their return to division three with the unveiling of EC106’s newest football stadium the magnificent 40,000 seat Mclurgh Arena. After a year long construction the stadium was today officially handed over to the club by contractors Ronald Chafe and sons a week ahead of schedule and well within its 25 million pounds budget. The Hull county council backed project is the first stage in the SE8 MEDIA Hull 2038 regeneration plans for the city and with the out of town stadium complete, stage two commences on Monday with the demolition of the KC, ahead of elaborate SE8 MEDIA financed plans to redevelop the towns ailing marina. The magnificent structure represents the pinnacle in sporting stadium design and alongside its fully heated all weather playing surface the Mclurgh boasts a fully retractable domed roof. The stadium can support 24-hour usage and is expected to host not only football by also a variety of other sporting events ,concerts and political rallies. Housed within its marble lined corridors visitors to the Mclurgh can chose from 6 bars and restaurants and an indoor shopping mail containing the club gift shop and a host of high street names including a 24 hour Tesco, WHSmiths and by popular local demand Primark. Technically minded football fans will also be able to enjoy a fully enabled and free WIFI internet connection throughout the Mclurgh and ample parking for up to 10,000 cars is also available close to the stadium. After taking a tour of the stadium accompanied by SE8 MEDIA chairman and Hull City owner Mr Francis Fraser and a host of SE8 MEDIA executives including a resplendent Miss Paris Hilton , Hull council chief Dougie Downright issued this glowing statement…

....This is truly an historic day for both the city of Hull and its Football Club.After 12 months of meticulous planning followed by top drawer Polish craftsmanship we have at last taken the first steps towards Hull 2038. And I have to say I am absolutely thrilled with the final results. The Mclurgh will be an iconic figure for the city of Hull and its facilities and unique design will stand up against any stadium in the country. The stadium will not only benefit this football club but will provide the centre piece of significant regeneration of our tired and dirty city. The supporters of Hull city have had to wait a long time for this moment and now we have a team that has escaped the misery of the Fourth divison we have built a stadium that everyone in the wider community can be proud of and the rest of the league jealous of. I would like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to SE8 MEDIA and in particular their chairman Mr Fraser whose continued efforts for the City of Hull are at last making it a place fit for human beings to live in. God bless you Mr Fraser and god bless SE8 MEDIA

paris_hilton11-1.jpg?t=1299544444

Miss Paris Hilton and Hull council chief Dougie Downright

Baines Quits International Career

Leighton-Baines_1648244c.jpg

Tranmere Rovers' long serving servant has today officially announced he is quiting International football. His statement arised after he was omitted from the recent England squad. Many of the worlds finest football observers called for him to be in the squad ahead of the disgraced Ashley Cole, but the chimp-like England manager Sean Fitz had other idea's.

Chimp Fitz's decision angered many, none more so than Baine's manager Chewett - ''Its a absolute joke. There's no other way to decribe it. I'm speechless. How can that German (Yes, you are) muppet possibly defend his decision? He can't. Leighton is, and has been, the best LB in England for the last three seasons. Cashley Cole sleeps with utter dogs on benefits on a regular basis, is money-motivated hense the move to Preston and goes round willy-nilly with a fully-loaded air rifle. Leighton lives, breathes and sleeps football. When he's not playing football he's at home with the wife and kids or at chairty events. Recently he's been walking the streets of Mersyside aiding old ladies dangerous journey across the road. You see what I mean? It's a travesty. Chimp Fitz has to go, step down and let a true manager take over. That Dave Izod's a great man. He know's how its done. I'm also angry that Jagielka's been omitted as well, but he's been struggling with injuries of late so no major complaints there. Jack's excited as an Alci in a brewary about getting his debut, so thats always good to see.''

Newcastle-Badge.png

The special one in the newcastle hot seat

It was confirmed yesterday that Newcastle have appointed Dominic latouche who is the self proclaimed ''special one''. He was brought in as mike ashley wanted to bring in a big name manager after finishing a very disapointing 11th in the table. Ashley has excited newcastle fans as they didnt bring a big name they got the BIGGEST name manager and he had this to say

I would first of all like to say it is a honor to be named as the man they see to turn a great club like newcastle around. Its true they are not doing as well as they should be finishing 12th this season will be a big disapointment to them. I know I will turn this once great club around as im the best in the world at what I do ' date=' Its a fact of life and I will excite the newcastle fans once again[/color']

Then he was asked what are the targets for this season and what have the board asked of you?

Well you win the award the most stupid reporter of year dont you? My targets are of course to win the championship as this team is full of winners and now at last are being managed by a winner ' date=' So I want the title and nothing less will do. The board have simply asked me to improve the squad and achieve the playoffs which will be an easy task. [/quote']

Jose-Mourinho-006.jpg

Dominic answers media questions

So the question is Dominic latouche good enough to turn round newcastle , In his mind hes capable of winning the league but critic's say it will not be possible. Dominic latouche is the self proclaimed special one but now needs to prove it

argentina-football-a_7803.jpg

Argentine 23 man World Cup Squad Announced

The following have been selected to represent Argentina in the forth coming World Cup in South Africa

Goalkeepers

Adujar, Mariano

Romero, Sergio

Defenders

Ansaldi, Cristian

Heinze, Gabriel

Burdisso, Nicolas

Garay, Ezequiel

Milito, Gabriel

Zanetti, Javier

Zabaleta, Pablo

Midfielders

Di Maria, Angel

Mascherano, Javier

Cambiasso, Esteban

Gonzalez, Lucho

Gago, Fernando

Pastore, Javier

Riquelme, Juan Roman

Lamela, Erik

Perotti, Diego

Forwards

Messi, Lionel

Higuain, Gonzalo

Tevez, Carlos

Aguero, Sergio

Milito, Diego

Argentina have been drawn in Group E along with Australia, Croatia and Ireland. A group that Argentina should progress from, but it will not be comfortable at all.