English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

vddbgm.png

County set to make six new signings

In a quite sensational day of transfer activity,Notts County have suddenly burst into life on the transfer market and have acquired six new players,this has put fans fear to rest as Brandao has been the only major signing since the season has ended.

The first is a deal we have known about for a while as German keeper Rene Adler will be joining the club for £13.8 Million as the second part of the Raul Meireles deal who left the club for Manchester United.

The second is a two part deal that has been agreed with Swansea City,the first signing is of Colombian Carlos Sanchez for an £8 Million fee,the 25 year old is expected to add increased competition to the Central Midfield role and is set to be fighting for a first team place with Sulley Muntari,Marco Estrada and Adrian Ropotan.

The Third deal has also been agreed with Swansea as Phillip Bargfrede is set to depart the club,the 22 year old German International is set to leave for a fellow German in Roberto Hilbert and 16 year old English wonderkid Nick Powell is also set to join the club.

The Fourth deal is perhaps the biggest of the lot however as Russian Sergei Parvlishyuk is set to join Liverpool,in return Notts County will be signing Kyle Walker and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa,although Walker isn't expected to feature in the first team he is expected to be a key part of County's future plans,Yanga-Mbiwa who is also 21 is expected to add further cover to the Defensive positions alongside with Oneyackhi Apam and Rafa Lopez.

Adriano Departs

The trigger to all of this transfer activity seems to have been the depature of Brazillian Adriano to Wolverhampton Wanderers for £13 Million,he gives Wolves another attacking option to hopefully succeed in Division 2,whilst County have clearly shown it has given them funds to strengthen the rest of the side as they feel Jelen,Brandao and Carew should offer enough cover for next season.

Guest drseanfitz

bobbymoore.jpg

Well it's that time again people, the world cup is upon os, so once more it's time for the country's more high profile managers to complain about our great national side, rather than support them like the rest of the nation will.

The last 24 hours has seen England failure Elliot Hilton, and Tranmere boss Callum 'inbred' Hewett complain about squad selection.

inbred1gif.jpg

Callum - never deemed good enough to manage an international side

Earlier today callum managed to string together a few sentences for the press, complaining that Leighton Baines and Phil Jagielka weren't picked for England's squad, leading Sir Sean to say:

"Oh dear, that Callum should really think before he opens that deformed mouth of his. although I've gotta admit this whole Baines retires from international football story is a right laugh. How can he retire from something he doesn't do. he played 1 game for England a LONG time ago, and played it very poorly, to be honest most England fans would rather forget he ever pulled on an England shirt.

Callum, are you not aware that England haven't played a left back for 20 games? no matter how good a left back your little girl is, we play a back 3, with Ashley Cole on the left of the 3 central defenders. Now Cole might not help grannies cross a road, but he can defend, and has a terrific shot. Glen Johnson can also slot into the same position if needed.

And Jagielka, seriously callum, I'd rather have titus bramble."

englandfootballfairychi.jpg

Leighton Baines, who today ended his international career

Speaking regarding Tranmere youngsters Phil Jones and Jack Wilshere, the reigning world champion said:

"They are both hugely talented youngsters who I hope will have long international careers, however if Callum contiinues with his attempts at spreading discord within the set-up, then they will both be faced with a simple option, leave Tranmere or leave the England squad.

I am not prepared to risk his players bringing such bile into the squad."

1276971793.jpg1276971793.jpg

Fulham Add to Squad

Fulham have added an additional 5 players to their squad for the upcoming season all largely younger players for the future but they could feature in the English Cup and Shield.

Lee Seung-Yeoul

33732_1274953980.jpg

Fulham have signed 22y/o South Korean forward Lee Seung-Yeoul from

FC Seoul for a fee of £6,100,000 Lee had previously made 68 appearances for Seoul and has also broken into the South Korean National side making 10 appearances he joins fellow South Korean Chu-Young Park at the club and is said to be looking forward to playing alongside his fellow countryman Lee signs a 4 year deal with Fulham worth £18,150 per week.

Marius Alexe

41475_1284082549.jpg

Fulham have signed 21y/o Romanian winger Marius Alexe from Dinamo Bucureşti for a fee of £3,600,000 the former Huddersfield youth player has been back in his native Romania since June last year when deemed surplus to requirement by Huddersfield he has since made 36 appearances for Dinamo he signs a 2 year contract with Fulham worth £12,000 per week

Tiago Rabiola

29918_1291578576.jpg

21y/o Portuguese striker Tiago Rabiola has joined Fulham for a fee of £1,200,000 from FC Porto, Rabiola has been playing most of his football in England over the past 5 seasons having spent time with Brighton and Peterborough making only 6 appearances in that time however he signs a 3 year contract with Fulham worth £11,850 per week

Conserva Fagner

18276_1209755861.jpg

Fulham have signed 21y/o right sided player Conserva Fagner from Fenerbahçe SK for a fee of £4,300,000 Fagner who is another Huddersfield reject having spent 2 seasons with the Division 1 club however didn't make a single appearance before leaving in November last year having also played for Sporting CP he signs a 4 year deal with Fulham worth £15,450 per week

Benjamin Andre

42405_1272993579.jpg

Fulham have signed 20y/o Benjamin André from AC Ajaccio for a fee of £5,100,000 Andre had previously made 48 appearances for AC Ajaccio since 2008 scoring twice he has also made 4 appearances for France at U21 level he signs a 2 year contract with Fulham worth £12,150 per week

Fulham Announce Season 13 Squad

fulhamsquadseason13.jpg

155185_1594556595994_1598317171_31406975_6038782_n.jpg

FRANKIE SAYS

COME ON ENGLAND !!

13153459_7a05b348ba_z.jpg

A confident Fraser

50503_304920379499_3306902_q.jpgStretch Armstrong Writes.... With the forthcoming World cup just a matter of days away The Hull Times tonight calls upon all proud Englishmen to put aside their club rivalries and throw their weight behind the national team. The omens are good for the reigning champions as they commence their defence on Friday night in the first of their Group C games against a solid looking but beatable Romania before subsequent matches against soccer minnows Iran and Belgium. And after an impressive qualifying campaign, many are talking of back to back World cup victories for the 3 Lions to match their success last season in China. We caught up with Hull owner and confirmed patriotic Mr Francis Fraser today and asked the ex England International committee member of his views on how the country will fare….

..There is little doubt in my mind we have a great chance of repeating last years marvellous victory, so lets show these bloody dirty foreigners what we can do. I like many others in the country are sick to death of the rest of the world undermining our wonderful country. The corrupt Europeans, the lazy South Americans, the devious Chinese and of course the war mongering Iranians all hate us and need to be put back in their place. And what better stage to do it on than the world cup finals. Everything appears to have come together very nicely,in fact very nicely indeed. A successful and proven manager in Sean Fitzpatrick, a wonderful squad able to match anyone in the world and a very favourable draw in the group stages. I have every faith in Sean and the lads to do the nation proud and I expect to be cheering them on well into the latter stages of the competition..

england_flag_01-1.gif?t=1299625905

uk2.gif

Ukraine announce SMFA World Cup Squad

Ukraine manager Andrew Smith has named the following 30 man squad for the forthcoming SMFA World Cup Finals.

Goalkeepers

Andrey Pyatov

Oleksandr Horyainov

Stanislav Bohush

Defenders

Vyacheslav Shevchuk

Vasyl Kobin

Dmytro

Taras Mykhalik

Oleksandr Kucher

Yaroslav Rakystkyy

Andriy Rusol

Yevhen Khacheridi

Midfielders

Denys Golaydo

Oleh Husev

Ihor Khudobyak

Anatoliy Tymoschuk

Serhiy Valyayev

Oleksiy Gai

Serhiy Kravchenko

Oleksandr Aliyev

Maksym Kalynychenko

Marko Devic

Serhiy Nazarenko

Ruslan Rotan

Andriy Yarmolenko

Forwards

Andriy Shevchenko

Andrey Voronin

Volodymyr Homenyuk

Artem Milevskiy

Yevhen Selezniov

Oleksandr Gladkyy

Ukraine have been drawn in Group B along with Saudi Arabia, The Netherlands and Scotland. It is a tough group but Ukraine remained unbeaten during qualifying in a group that included Brazil so expect some shocks and twists along the way.

Belgium.png

Belgium's provisional World Cup squad

Belgium coach Dean Bryant has included injured Tranmere Rovers midfielder Eden Hazard in his provisional 30-man World Cup squad. Oxford United's Timmy Simons and Bologna's Gaby Mudingayi are also named, while Guillaume Gillet and Jelle Van Damme are included among the defenders in the 30-man squad. But there is no place for Club Brugge KV's Karel Geraerts, or Burnley striker Marvin Ogunjimi.

eden-hazard-blijft-bij-rijsel_5_460x0.jpg

Eden Hazard selected but still in doubt over injury

Neither Guillaume Gillet nor Tommy Simons has played under Dean Bryant, although the Oxford United man was called into the squad for the World Cup 2010 in China. Simons has unofficially retired from international duty after the World Cup 2010 but with doubts over Eden Hazard, Dean Bryant has talked Simons out of retirement and will have a look at the Oxford United man, before finalising his 23-man squad for South Africa.

Belgium's 30-man provisional squad

Goalkeepers: Logan Bailly (Borussia Monchengladbach), Simon Mignolet (Swindon Town), Silvio Proto (Ipswich Town)

Defenders: Sebastien Pocognoli (Charlton Athletic), Jelle Van Damme (Standard Liege), Guillaume Gillet (West Bromwich Albion), Anthony Vanden Borre (Juventus), Thomas Vermaelen (Shorpe United), Vincent Kompany (Wigan Athletic), Nicolas Lombaerts (Leeds United), Daniel Van Buyten (Aston Villa), Toby Alderweireld (Leicester City), Jan Vertonghen (Huddersfield Town)

Midfielders: Maarten Martens (Fulham), Marouane Fellaini (Leyton Orient), Timmy Simons (Oxford United), Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Steven Defour (Tottenham Hotspurs), Axel Witsel (Carlisle United), Gaby Mudingayi (Bologna), Igor De Camargo (Gillingham), Mehdi Carcela-Gonzalez (Nottingham Forest), Eden Hazard (Tranmere Rovers), Jonathan Legear (Walsall), Dries Mertens (Shorpe United), Nacer Chadli (Norwich City)

Forwards: Moussa Dembele (Sheffield Wednesday), Jelle Vossen (Boston United), Kevin Mirallas (Shimizu S-Pulse), Romelu Lukaku (Sheffield United)

Belgium.png

World Cup 2011 South Africa: Daniel Van Buyten left out of Belgium squad

Aston Villa central defender Daniel Van Buyten was the surprise omission from Dean Bryant's 23-man Belgium World Cup squad. Van Buyten, 33, who has 17 caps, started Belgium's recent victories against Scotland.

Anthony Vanden Borre, Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe, Gaby Mudingayi, Eden Hazard, Nacer Chadli and Kevin Mirallas also miss out. Timmy Simons is included although missing out in all the qualifiying games, while Mehdi Carcela-Gonzalez, Dries Mertens and Jelle Vossen also make the squad. Van Buyten was one of the key players to help them to top the table in SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 16, but with Vincent Kompany, Thomas Vermaelen, Nicolas Lombaerts, Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen could play in the central back position, Belgium look more than capable to fill the gap left by Van Buyten.

Daniel_Van_Buyten_belgium.jpg

Dean Bryant drop Van Buyten for World Cup

Eden Hazard, 20, also missed out the squad due to his thigh strain injury he picked in the 1-0 defeat to Everton. The Tranmere Rovers man was one of the hottest talent who are expected to play in the world's most watched competition on the planet, after scoring 3 goals in 6 qualifier games.

Hazard said in a statement: "I am very disappointed not to be included in the squad going out to South Africa due to my injury. It's so fustrating that I picked the injury in the most important schedule. Not only that I could not play for my new club Tranmere but also not going to play in the World Cup.

"I know we still have a good chance to have a successful tournament and I wish them good luck."

Belgium travel to South Africa on Wednesday evening. Belgium have been drawn in Group D with Iran, Romania and England. The World Cup begins on 11 March 2011, with Belgium's first game against Iran in Mafikeng.

Belgium's 23-man for the World Cup finals:

Goalkeepers: Logan Bailly (Borussia Monchengladbach), Simon Mignolet (Swindon Town), Silvio Proto (Ipswich Town)

Defenders: Sebastien Pocognoli (Charlton Athletic), Jelle Van Damme (Standard Liege), Guillaume Gillet (West Bromwich Albion), Thomas Vermaelen (Shorpe United), Vincent Kompany (Wigan Athletic), Nicolas Lombaerts (Leeds United), Toby Alderweireld (Leicester City), Jan Vertonghen (Huddersfield Town)

Midfielders: Maarten Martens (Fulham), Marouane Fellaini (Leyton Orient), Timmy Simons (Oxford United), Steven Defour (Tottenham Hotspurs), Axel Witsel (Carlisle United), Mehdi Carcela-Gonzalez (Nottingham Forest), Jonathan Legear (Walsall), Dries Mertens (Shorpe United)

Forwards: Igor De Camargo (Gillingham), Moussa Dembele (Sheffield Wednesday), Jelle Vossen (Boston United) Romelu Lukaku (Sheffield United)

200px-Stoke_City_FC.svg.png

POTTERS NEW MAN

READY FOR TONIGHTS

UNITED FRIENDLY SHOWDOWN..

Stoke City are pleased to announce the capture of manager Daniel Ratcliffe. Having immediately identified him the lure of 106 was too great for the new man to decline.

racky was quoted saying the following..

The opportunity to manage in 106 was unbelieveable and Stoke a great club as they genuinley look to have been tendered to well. Im hopeing to now be able to gain respect of senior managers and hopefully achieve abit in amongst the quality that is within this gameworld..

Having already brought in 20 plus youth players to expand all aspects of the team Stoke look like they have a possible chance of direct promotion back to division 2.

That matter though lies in a 106 freshers hands who is dying to achieve and turn a few heads..

Sakai Joins Former Manager

40026_1265894011.jpg

Gotoku Sakai has joined former manager Philip Gibbon at Fulham the Japanese full back was brought to Middlesbrough during season 8 while Gibbon was manager and spent 2 years at the club eventually moving back to his former club Albirex Niigata since then he has spent time at Huddersfield and Real Madrid he joins Fulham for a fee of £5,300,000 and signs a 2 year deal worth £12,450 per week Sakai is likely to take up the role of last seasons on loan full back Tobias Levels.

City Splash The Cash On New Players

tumblr_lfiayvT9721qg7w70o1_500.jpg

As the season has come to a close plenty of players are on the move around England as teams pre-per for season thirteen. One of the teams highly involved in these transfer dealings are Manchester City, who have completely changed the look of their team. The following players have been unveiled as new signings, French international Adil Rami, Russian man Schennikov and future hit Van Wolfswinkel.

With these three players arriving others had to leave to make way, Englishman Michael Carrick departed to Huddersfield Town in the deal which saw Van Wolfswinkel and Schennikov arrive in Manchester and Corluka and Schafer made way for Rami. Some fans have criticized Manchester City for over spending on players they don't really need. But it has been made clear by manager Bail that he is building the squad up with future seasons in mind and some of these players will become stars at the club and ensuring that silverware is a possibility.

Red's newbie Rami said:

"Manchester City are a growing club and that is why I left Crystal Palace for this team, with such players as Kagawa, Van Der Wiel and Badstuber we are ready to fight for silverware and right history. I am very pleased to have been immediately handed the captain's armband by my manager and hopefully I can lead us to glory."

Thompson - "Hernandez return looking unlikely"

apae71p1cq400apae71p1cq.jpg

Javier Hernandez looks set to stay at Tranmere

After watching his Grimsby side beat Tottenham 3-0 at White Hart Lane Grimsby manager Steve Thompson revealed that last season's player of the year Javier Hernandez looks unlikely to return to the club on loan from Tranmere. A huge blow to the division 4 sides chances ahead of the new season.

Hernandez who scored 18 goals in all competitions for the Mariners at one stage looked certain to join up with the club for a second loan stint but the highly rated Mexican now looks set to stay in Mersyside and fight for a first team place at Tranmere.

Thompson had this to say on the news.

"I have to say it isn't looking good on Javier coming back and thats a hugr blow to a club like us. He was an influential part of the team and it's going to be hard trying to replace him.

It's more of a technicality than him not wanting to come back and the deal isn't completely dead in the water but i am not holding much hope at this stage. I will need to speak to Callum and see what the situation is and there is a chance that maybe someone else can come in but i don't want to get the fans hopes up.

We do have Nuge (David Nugent) and Sharpy (Billy Sharp) who can come in so it does cushion the blow somewhat and i have to give both lads a chance to prove themselves and i think i will start them both in the friendly at Liverpool"

Some good news did emerge from the interview with Thompson that being of popular defender Phil Jones. The highly rated 19 year old who has recently been called up to the full England squad will return to the club on loan for the duration of next season.

textpreviewphpz.gif

Corruption Hits 106 Yet Again

Corruption has sadly once again hit EC106 with the SMFA stepping in to stop several recent transfers the sudden action of the SMFA is in response to the recent shambles at Wolverhampton which saw manager Ian Hibbert spend over £47,000,000 and bring in a complete dud in Leite Adriano who some described as a walking burger after the former Brazilian star put on nearly 4 stone.

gordonbrown1996001.jpg

Have You Seen Ian Hibbert

It is believed Hibbert netted around £3,500,000 as part of the recent transfer deals at the club before making a run for it after board members become concerned about his waste of club funds it is not clear if Wolves will be left in a precarious position as a result of Hibbert's actions with some predicting that they will have to sell off key players just to stay in the black over the coming season.

The SMFA released a brief statement into the recent transfer blocks

The SMFA has taken action in recent days to halt several transfers while we investigate the extent of Ian Hibbert's dealings and to find any possible associates of Hibbert we are currently taking a close look at several clubs and certain people involved in the English League.

Tom quits Yeovil and joins Wovles!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7RtnKnjm20W68E5OQfpAT8C1wGoUjnWhv1nhGwWGaqgD9hrZx

Tom Tamburrro has been with Yeovil for a few seasons and he has turned them around from being a team with no ambition, to a team which can challenge for promotion from Division 4. While he was at Yeovil, he brought in some key players. Yesterday, Wolverhampton appointed Tom as thier new manager. Wolves have been in the spotlight because of former manager Ian Hibbert not obeying to the laws of football and eventually left before the SMFA could get hold of him. Thier have been some doubt over Wolves finances, but new manager Tom T has assured he doesnt have to sell no one and that the club is in good position.

He said "I dont know what happend while he was in charge. It is rumoured he wasted alot of money and that was the reason he left. I dont know how much money thier was or whatever, but what i do know is that we are in a great position. Wolves are a good club. We have some great players are our presence here, its just the way we use them. Im changing tactics from the previous manager, something in which he should of done and could of maybe got Wolves into Division 1 through the play-offs."

After being questioned over the future of Reyes he said "There has been alot of interest for him lately but i would have to be out of my mind to sell him. He is a main man in our team, a player we need. He reminds me of Milveskiy, a great player who is a natural finisher. I'd love to buy back Milevskiy, im sure the two would form a great partnership."

Switzerland name World Cup Squad

Switzerland have named their 30 man squad for the World Cup, and it features a number of surprise inclusions.

FC Basel keeper Yann Sommer makes the squad for the first time, replacing Zurich's Johhny Leoni. Experienced defender Ludovic Magnin is left out despite playing regularly for Swindon, and Scott Sutter comes in for him.

Also called up for the first time are Phillipe Koch, Xavier Margairaz, Moreno Costanzo and Nassim Ben Khalifa.

Benjamin Huggel is surprisingly left at home, despite his recent move to Walsall, and so is David Degen.

The full squad is;

Diego Benaglio - West Brom - 35 caps - 0 goals

Fabio Coltorti - Racing Santander - 0 - 0

Yann Sommer - FC Basel - 0 - 0

Reto Ziegler - Plymouth Argyle - 13 - 1

Christoph Spycher - BSC Young Boys - 14 - 0

Stephan Lichtsteiner - Stoke City - 27 - 0

Scott Sutter - Barnsley - 0 - 0

Johan Djourou - Everton - 32 - 4

Stephane Grichting - Wigan Athletic - 2 - 1

Steve Von Bergen - Cesena - 3 - 0

Phillipe Senderos - West Ham United - 34 - 2

Francois Affolter - Charlton Athletic - 0 - 0

Phillipe Koch - Swindon Town - 0 - 0

Valentin Stocker - Chelsea - 0 - 0

Valon Behrami - West Ham United - 30 - 5

Gokhan Inler - Manchester City - 23 - 3

Pirmin Schwegler - Carlisle United - 8 - 2

Gelson Fernandes - AS Saint-Etienne - 0 - 0

Blerim Dzemaili - Plymouth Argyle - 2 - 0

Hakan Yakin - FC Luzern - 10 - 1

Moreno Costanzo - BSC Young Boys - 0 - 0

Xavier Margairaz - FC Zurich - 0 - 0

Tranquillo Barnetta - Darlington - 34 - 17

Xherdan Shaqiri - Burnley - 0 - 0

Johan Vonlanthen - FC Salzburg - 10 - 4

Alexander Frei - Blackpool - 32 - 11

Nassim Ben Khalifa - Crewe Alexandra - 0 - 0

Eren Derdiyok - Carlisle United - 8 - 4

Blaise Nkufo - Sheffield Wednesday - 23 - 4

Marco Streller - Rotherham United - 0 - 0

How the Swiss qualified

Switzerland were in Group 4 of the Qualifiers, along with Iceland, Montenegro, France and Poland. The French were obviously favourites for the group, with Switzerland and Poland expected to battle for 2nd place.

5th November: Switzerland 4 - 0 Iceland

19th November: Switzerland 2 - 4 Montenegro

3rd December: France 1 - 1 Switzerland

17th December: Poland 2 - 2 Switzerland

14th January: Iceland 0 - 1 Switzerland

28th January: Montenegro 1 - 4 Switzerland

11th February: Switzerland 3 - 2 France

25th February: Switzerland 3 - 2 Poland

Final table;

1 Switzerland (Q) 8 8 17

2 France (Q) 8 8 13

3 Iceland 8 -5 9

4 Poland 8 -3 7

5 Montenegro 8 -8 6

The reward for finishing top is to be drawn in a much more difficult group at the World Cup, which will see the Swiss face Portugal, Ecuador and Spain.

Key men:

Alexander Frei.

Frei has the unfortunate problem of having the same manager for club and country, and therefore he will be looking to do a lot better than he did this year with Blackpool. Expectations were high in his first full season with the club but he managed just 4 goals in 37 league games. He did come up with 9 assists but he was bought for his goalscoring record and failed to get anywhere near that.

His international form was good though, with 5 goals in the qualifying campaign. The 31 year old has been made captain for this tournament, and with a young team they will look to Frei for experience. A fully fit and in form Frei has the potential to take the Swiss all the way.

Tranquillo Barnetta.

Currently the record goalscorer with 17 goals and 9 assists for his country, Barnetta is probably the best player in the squad.

With 6 goals and 4 assists in qualifying, Barnetta also had a decent season with his club Darlington. Just like Frei, keeping him fit is important.

Johan Djourou.

Djourou didn't play too much with Everton last season but has made big improvements to his game and will come into this tournament fresh and with a point to prove. Unfortunately he will miss the first game against Portugal due to suspension, but it's almost certain he'll be brought back into the side to face Ecuador.

Prediction

For a prediction on the Swiss team, we asked Michelle Hunziker (model, TV host, actress and singer) on how her country will do at the WC.

I am sure the team will do us proud. I think we can make the final, especially with our wonderful manager who is a hero to the people in Switzerland!

I hope to see some of the younger players like Ben Khalifa, Shaqiri and Affolter in the team, they are very nice young men. I have travelled with the team and look forward to watching them beat Portugal tonight.

michellehunzikertattoo.jpg

Hargreaves future in balance

England midfielder Owen Hargreaves' career at Preston North End looks to be coming to a premature end, after the club hinted at the player's exclusion from their playing squad next season.

The 30 year old has been blighted by injuries throughout his career, but this didnt stop Preston boss James Burrow spending roughly £10m to sign him from Crystal Palace earlier this season. Hargreaves first played under Burrow on the international scene, during Burrow's infamous one season reign at the helm of the England national side. However, he has only gone on to make 18 appearances for the club, scoring twice. The majority of his absences have been down to injuries, and at a press conference today, coach Rory Kennedy (standing in for Burrow who's in South Africa) had this to say on the subject:

"Pre-season is going well. Obviously we would like a win in pre-season, but both performances have been encouraging. On the injury front, Owen Hargreaves still hasnt recovered from the injury which ruled him out of the tale-end of last season, and Marco Amelia picked up a slight knock against Wigan. We will continue to monitor him and perhaps look into loaning a keeper for the short term. However we do have other options, Simon Mignolet will be returning to Preston next season, and Vito Mannone and Frank Fielding are other options, although somewhat inexperienced. As far as next season's loans are concerned, we are delighted to welcome Sergio Canales and Romelu Lukaku back. I remember I was sat in this very room a season ago unveiling the loan transfer of Lukaku, and I for one am very excited to see him play a more prominent role next season. We are also in talks with a club over a third loan signing, although this will depend on Amelia's condition. Hoepfully our boys will come back from South Africa without any injuries, and will be ready to push on and finish in the top four, and go far in Europe.

In other news, preston North End are delighted to reveal some end of season silverware, after finishing the regular season trophy-less after fighting for domestic triumph on all three fronts. Manager James Burrow picked up two personal awards, the Division One Manager of the Year and the Awards for Services to EC106 (shared with Charlton's Dean Bryant) while Tom Huddlestone picked up an award for Best Homegrown Player for Division One. Huddlestone also picked up the Silver Medal for Midfielder of the Year for Division One, as did Stevan Jovetic for Youth Player of the Year for Division One, with Preston finishing 2nd in the Team of the Yera award, behind league champions Arsenal.

SpainBanner.gif

Spain romp to victory as Burrow picks up first win

Spain came away from their first group game of World Cup South Africa with all three points against Ecuador, with La Roja winning 5-2 at the Athlone Stadium.

Man of the Match Xavi helped himself to two first half goals in six minutes, while David Villa scored only his fifth goal of the season for Spain. Newly called up Santi Cazorla and Cesc Fabregas scored twice in the last five minutes, whilst Jairo Campos and Mario Quiroz scored in either half for the South Americans. Spain strolled to victory despite the handicap of an early red card for winger Jesus Navas, who's two-footed lunge saw him earn a straight red card which will rule him out of the Iberian derby game against Portugal. An added milestone tonight was a first ever World Cup Finals victory for James Burrow, who had yet to taste victory in six previous games. Here's what he said to our reporters pitchside:

"It's so good to get off to a good start, and to rid myself of this personal burden of being winless in the Finals. It was a great performance from the guys, we wiped the floor with them and to be honest, am slightly disappointed that we didnt come away with a clean sheet. being down to ten men didnt seem to harm us, although Id prefer eleven men to be on at all times. I dont condone what Jesus did, his challenge was reckless and unneccesary. We go into the game with Portugal on a high, hopefully we can use this good start to great success. Portugal will be a whole different prospect. They have players who can put you to the sword, and you cant afford to slack off for a second. Coming out of the first two games with six points would be a god-send."

Saturday's Portugal-Spain match-up will see two veterans of the managerial world square up yet again, with James Burrow and Michael Flounders facing each other for the second successive World Cup Finals, with Flounders holding a 1-0 advantage over their neighbours.

davidvilla.jpg

Can David Villa transfer his club form to his country?

Maarten Martens Doubts England's Chances

art_large_250165.jpg

Maarten Martens has revealed after Belgium's impressive 3-0 win over Iran he doubts England's chances of making it back to back world cup successes after the reigning world champions were held to a 1-1 draw with an aging Romanian side who were even reduced to 10 men after 35 minutes and could well have been humiliated if not for Martens club team mate Joe Cole's 16th minute strike.

Martens who has been in impressive form for club and county rounded off an impressive performance against Iran with a 67th minute goal and is relishing the chance to take on England on the 13th before that Belgium take on Romania themselves and must be feeling confident of winning that game and securing their progression even before taking on England.

Bookies have already reacted to England's sub standard performance and have pushed them out in the betting with former duel world cup winners Germany now favourites for the tournament

worldcupodds.jpg

155185_1594556595994_1598317171_31406975_6038782_n.jpg

PARIS AND FRANKIE TO MARRY 196992_1753760055981_1598317171_31696142_6739032_n.jpg medium

166f306e554a2f70900b1cbcbcfdda10?s=50&d=http%3A%2F%2F1.gravatar.com%2Favatar%2Fad516503a11cd5ca435acc9bb6523536%3Fs%3D50&r=GConan Der Barbar Writes....Despite the muted response to England's 1-1 World cup draw with Romania tonight, the streets of Hull were brought to a standstill with the shock announcement that Hull City owner and SE8 MEDIA Chairman Francis Fraser and Miss Paris Hilton were engaged to be married. A spokesman for the couple made the announcement just days after they returned to the Uk after a end of season trip with the City playing staff to Fiji. Whilst there its believed the romantic 87 year old multi millionaire Mr Fraser popped the question as the couple enjoyed a late night walk along the idyllic setting of the SE8 MEDIA owned South sea Island beach. Its thought the recently divorced loved up Paris immediately said yes.

It is the great pleasure that we can officially announce the engagement of Mr Francis Fraser and Miss Paris Hilton. The couple wish it to be known that after a whirlwind romance they are deeply in love and fully committed to each other and look forward to sharing further details at a press conference later this weekend.

The news of the engagement was immediately greeted by wild scenes in the city, as fans of the couple flocked in their hundreds to the newly completed Mclurgh arena in homage to the EC106 lovebirds. Speaking outside the magnificent stadium, unemployed hospital porter Les Smith 21, beamed ''this is great news, Mr Fraser is a proper gent and as done so much for us. He has rebuilt the football club, taught us to read and write and is now rebuilding our city, its wonderful to see him rewarded with some happiness''78 year old retired Fish packer Tony Maples was equally happy as he panted ''Paris is a total babe, I'd love to sort her out myself '' and tearful 16 year old single mum and Paris fan Tania Cricklewatt gushed ''I am so pleased for them both, they make a lovely pair and it’s a fairy tale end for Paris after her years of abuse by that insect Hilton, I am so happy I think I am going to cry''.Despite scores of reporters besieging Mr Frasers 17th century Hull mansion, a ring of steel has been placed around the couple, who have so far remained out of the public eye. But in a Hull Times exclusive, a source within SE8 MEDIA told us..

Frankie and Paris's romance has been a carefully guarded secret here, but they have been an item since she was slung out on the streets by that toe rag Hilton. With the little dirt bag dragging the divorce hearing through the courts, Frankie thought it was vital that the relationship was kept out of the public eye, even arranging for Paris to be seen out and about with City skipper Mathieu Debuchy to cover his tracks. It of course went like clockwork and now that the divorce is done and dusted the couple can finally go public.

The happy couple are expected to hold a joint press conference tomorrow from the Mclurgh with further details about their unlikely romance and what promises to be the most lavish ec106 marriage so far.

chav.jpg

Happy Hull fans flock to the Mclurgh

Guest 1CapWonder

2hd2tu0.jpg

Paris Who?

imsoreddytosayido.jpg

Heidi Sparks Marriage Talk Of Her Own

Elliot Hilton lay on a beach in Durban this morning, when news fed through that his ex wife Paris was soon to be engaged once more. Reading further down the page, the heart of the young manager must have sank, when he heard that Frankie Fraser was the "lucky man" Fraser, a man with a devastating history of criminal violence and thuggery, was one of the arguments laid out by Rosella Sensi, against Miss Hilton gaining full custody of her child. However, as sickining as it may be to think that Fraser will go by the title "step-dad" to his young boy, Elliot looked remarkably calm and composed. Constantly flirting with Heidi, the Republic of Ireland manager looked at ease with his 24 year old girlfriend, as they frolicked in the sea and shared passionate embraces throughout the afternoon.

heidi-montag-spencer-pratt-beach-kiss.jpg

Elliot faces a more important battle than the one with his emotions, as his Ireland side take on Argentina, needing at least a draw to stay in the World Cup for another game. But whilst he stayed quiet, on events back home, and preparations in South Africa, Heidi spoke out. The lively blonde wowed journalists as she gave a confident, honest interview in her Colorado twanged American accent. Clearly in love, she spoke of how Elliot was not letting Paris' situation affect their relationship, and even spoke about how she was ready to settle down herself. The Hilton wedding remains the most extravagent, and beautiful wedding EC106 has ever seen. Were Heidi to walk down the aisle, things could get even bigger. So whilst Heidi talks about Frankie's "sloppy seconds" the world awaits Elliot's clear invitation to pull his finger out and step things up with his younger, more attractive girlfriend. Hold on a minute, he has to beat Argentina first...

Heidi Said:

We are so happy out here right now. The World Cup is so cool. We have all day to ourselves once training is over, and night games are totally exciting! Yes, we have been told about news at home and I think it's great that a wrinkly old man gets to use and abuse some sloppy seconds. If the girl is daft enough to get in that situation, then she suffers the consequences. Me and Elly had a great laugh about it, but we're thinking of serious plans of our own. I'm totally ready to say I do. Everyone wants to be us and someday we'll be the perfect rolemodel wife and husband.

Heidi_Montag_Spencer_Pratt_beach.525w_700h.jpg

EC106's hottest celebrity couple loving life in South Africa...

Thought with the new addition i'd update this

EC106 Forumers

Div 1

Arsenal-Andyowls

Charlton-Dean 89

Crystal Palace-TRGAWHFC★[RV]scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Crewe-DrSeanFitz

Darlington-Realm of Decit (inactive?)

Everton-Kevin A (inactive?)

Huddersfield-Dermo

Liverpool-Handsome-Steve

Man city- Bail

Man utd - Kopster

Portsmouth- Nikidinho

Preston-xxBurrowxx

Southampton-Sambalele

Sheffield Utd- Smartdoc

Sheff Wed- Son of Plutoscottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Tottenham Hotspur-Adam D

Tranmere- Chewett

West Bromwich Albion - Stuart H

West Ham United-Bakker (inactive?)

Div 2

Barnsley-Andri Sigborsson (inactive?)

Birmingham- JamesMCFC

Blackburn- Hercule Poirot

Bradford-Monty

Burnley-Darkblade

Coventry-Skybluelee

Doncaster Rovers-Navin Legend

Fulham-Pipgib

Leyton Orient- Zakkoo

Middlesborough-Jooles

Millwall - Rick James

Newcastle- Dom Latouche

QPR-Chipolopo

Reading- Matty AVFC

Shorpe-J C

Sunderland- Dai

Watford-SirMarkHughesscottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Wolves- Bcfc12345

Wigan-Andrew Smith

Div 3

Bolton- Germ scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Bristol city-Dudeskin

Bristol rovers-Lenny59

Brighton-Hugano(inactive ?)

Cardiff- Ben Newman

Gillingham- IOA

Hartlepool - 374 scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Hull- Longnose

Leicester city- MrAdamski

Norwich- Rob Walshe

Notts County- Toonfanforlife

Plymouth-Gossy

Port vale-Kensational

Rochdale-1 Cap Wonder

Rotherham- Gary Townsend

Southend-Machinescottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Stoke city-Rackey

Wycombe -MrMalcom

Div 4

Blackpool-George ECFC

Brentford-Dazino scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Carlisle- BiggameMo

Cheltenham Town- SwanseaJack

Colchester United - EDMoses

Grimsby Town- Steve24

Ipswich-TOM MFC

Luton- Darlo FC

Northampton- Koplfc

Nottingham Forest -Wesley Sneijder

Oxford-Dave Belkavitz scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350(inactive?)

Peteborough - Donkey Punch

Swansea- Will

Swindon-Craig scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Walsall- ★Bale★scottish_flag_2.jpg?t=1286825350

Yeovil-Shack

70 out of 80

john-lewis-socks-john-lewis-premium-square-socks-navygrey-pack-of-2.jpg10 out of 80

By inactive I mean inactive on the forum, not the game.

Anyone spot any mistakes ? OR NAME CHANGES, please let the me know via the other thread.

Thompson pleased with Pre-season

010362945600500.jpg

After watching his side go unbeaten in three pre-season games after taking a creditable 1-1 against Liverpool at Anfield last night Grimsby manager Steve Thompson was rightfully pleased with his sides progress after a disappointing season last time out.

Thompson has seen his side coast past recently relegated Derby 5-0 followed by a fine win at division 1 side Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 and lastly last nights draw against division 1 runners up Liverpool. Despite the games only being friendlies Thompson can take heart from his sides performances and with the new fixtures set to be announced tomorrow Grimsby fans can look forward to the new season with renewed optimism.

After last nights game at Anfield Thompson took a little time to speak to the press.

"I think Pre-season has gone well for us. We have remained unbeaten and got some much needed game time for some lads that don't always feature in league games.

I am looking forward to the new fixtures coming out. It's always an exciting time for the fans as well as myself and the players. A new season brings new hopes and i am confident that we can acquit ourselves well. A times last season we played superbly well but at other times we were very poor and we have to find that little bit of consistency that will see us fighting at the top end of the table.

I think the squad is in very good shape i have Phil Jones and another lad coming from Tranmere and i am working hard on trying to bring another striker in on loan but i am not panicking if that doesn't happen right away.

Money is still very tight at the club and i could be willing to part with some of my prize assets should the offers be right for the football club but i am under no pressure to sell this would simply be a self financing issue"

Liverpool Matchday Programme Season 13, No. 1

image-5-for-bill-shankly-gallery-195588010-1-3.jpg

Welcome to another season of football at Liverpool FC. And in a Pre-Season fixture schedule that would make Sepp Blatter proud, we entertain Nottingham Forest for the second time in 9 days.

We welcome them and guest of honour, former Kop legend and professional pie-eater Larry Lloyd.

Larry made 150 appearances for The Reds between 1969 and 1974, and went on to win the European Cup with Nottingham Forest in 1979 and 1980. Larry’s autobiography Hard Man: Hard Game, published by John Blake Publishing Ltd, is currently on sale, and he will be signing copies in the Mega Store after the match.

larrylloyd.jpg

Human Winnebago

It has been a busy off-season with some well known faces leaving us. The night clubs of Southport won’t be the same without our Stevie Gee, who, along with Ib, Xavi, and David Silva, have moved down the road to Old Trafford. Pepe has found the sexual freedom he craved in Plymouth, and I, for one, am delighted to see him back in men’s clothing. We wish them all well.

We are all excited by the arrival of Ronaldo and Rooney, and are confident that their skill and wizardry will be wowing Anfield for many years to come. The other player in the seven man trade was Javier Mascherano, who has already stamped his authority in winning a starting position.

Dave Pizarro’s Forest will provide us with a stiff challenge this evening, in this final pre-season friendly, before the season starts at home on Saturday against Champions Arsenal.

Steve