English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Goals galore as thousands turn out for Finn farewell

Preston lost 4-2 to Liverpool last night at Deepdale in front of a packed Deepdale crowd, who had come to celebrate the long and illustrious career of defender Sami Hyypia, set to retire at the end of the season.

The final result was not important, however the sheer gap in class was apparent for all to see, with the visiting Liverpool enjoying over 60% of the possession and troubled Marco Amelia from the first to the last minute, with 4 goals perhaps a bit of a disappointment to the travelling Scouse army.

Regarding Preston, their wait for a goal from a striker goes on, with Luka Modric and Joey Barton on target again. Last night saw Michael Owen and Peter Crouch play against their former club, each having a poor night, with an errant Crouch shot threatening to escape the Deepdale stadium! Here's what Preston manager James Burrow had to say about the defeat:

"And the wait goes on. Im grateful of getting two goals tonight, but I just wish one of my strikers would get on the scoresheet. I tried Michael and Peter together tonight, and like some experiments, it didnt go well. Jov (Stevan Jovetic) was left out, but it looks like he is the one striker who knows where the goal is. It was a great night for the fans, and a fantastic send off for Sami, its a shame we couldnt celebrate it with a win."

Burrow also responded to rumours that Preston legend David Nugent could in line for a return for the third time:

"If that's what it takes to get a goal, I will have Nugent back. Obviously he's at another club so its not my business to talk about him, but if an agreement could be reached, Id be prepared to give him some gametime, he's scored important goals in the past, he might be able to do it again."

GhanaBanner.jpg

Ghana v Estonia

World Cup Group 14

Match Preview

Ghana return to international action nearly a month after their last game, a disappointing loss to Norway in which a win looked almost certain. That defeat was their second of the campaign (first under Burrow) and sees them outside the top two automatic qualification places for this years World Cup in Argentina. With the top two nations playing each other tonight (South Africa and Norway) manager James Burrow has called tonight's match against estonia a make-or-break tie if they want to qualify for only his second ever World Cup Finals.

Ghana have a fully fit squad to choose from, with Michael Essien returning to international action after injury. He joins a packed midfield of Kevin Prince Boateng, Sulley Muntari, Derek Boateng, Antony Annan and kwadwo Asamoah, with only three spaces available in the starting XI. The attack is set to be spearheaded by Asamoah Gyan and Andre Ayew, Ghana's only scorers so far this term.

Estonia are bottom of the group on 2 points, but are not to be underestimated, with the latter of their draws coming against Norway. Forwards Andres Oper and Sergei Zenjov are expected to lead the line, with only Ragnar Klavan representing English based players. Winger Tarmo kink spent a brief spell in English football at Wolves, averaging a goal every other game in his 5 appearances.

Season 13 Matchday Programme No. 14

image-5-for-bill-shankly-gallery-195588010-1-3.jpg

We welcome The Blades: Sheffield United to Anfield tonight, and their legendary manager The SmartDoc. After victories at United’s cross-city rivals Sheffield Wednesday, and at home to West Brom, we currently sit top of the first division. However The Blades, who are currently in fifth place, hold The Hex over us in the League and so today will be a test of our mettle.

Guest of Honour today is Lady Chatterley’s Lover himself: Sean Bean.

BeanSean.jpg

Mr. Bean

Sean's first love is football and he has been a passionate Sheffield United supporter from a young age; he has a tattoo on his left shoulder that reads 100% Blade. Best known for his TV role as Sharpe, and as Boromir in the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy, Sean is no stranger to controversy. Married and divorced four times, and christened ‘The Flashing Blade’ by the tabloids following a misunderstanding in Hyde Park (the case never went to court), Sean famously fell out with former manager Neil Warnock, after addressing him as Colin.....

Beano will be signing copies of his new book ‘Crikey: I copped off first that time!’ in the Mega Store after the match.

Darren-Bent-Kent-News-01kr49.jpg

Mr. Reliable

A Darren Bent Trifecta saw us comfortably through to the fourth round of the English Shield, where we will face the up and coming Stoke City.

Until next time, Look Sharrrrrrpe!!!!!!!...................

200px-AFC_Bournemouth.svg.png

Duffy Enjoying Life At Cherries

AFCB_team_and_Barbara_Cox.jpg

Duffy with his newly assembled Squad

Its been a crazy fortnight for all cherries fans but one they will never forget the small club from the south coast were sitting 16th in the leauge table with no manager and a ageing squad now bring the clock forward and bournemouth are sitting 12th just three points outside the play offs and are currently the form side in the division with five wins on the trot defeating teams such as Oxford , Derby and Nottingham Forest. After Appointing Young English Manager Aaron Duffy on the 27th of April the Bournemouths Squad has experienced huge changes with the so called "Dead wood" being replaced by forgin Exports Including New fans favorite Takayuki Morimoto whos been in deadly form since joining from Catania with four goals in four games and is currently boasting a 9.25 average match rating the 24 year old is winning the crowd at dean court and is helping push the team towards there best Finish ever. Duffy is said to be enjoying life at the south coast club after making the alterations to his squad and back room staff it is for sure he will be aiming to take bournemouth to the next level and has already showed the fans his intentions with the new style of football the cherries have adopted.

Duffy was Keen to Have his Say:

It's been a wondeful two weeks , i think that the clubs going in the right direction and im very happy with the squad its likley that the current form we're on isint going to stick around forever but now we have got ourselves in a good postion it would be a shame to hit a rough patch i hope that the fans understand my main aim is to get us in the top ten and me , the board and the squad are drawing up a plan to were we want to be in the future , i can also annonce that there is a possible new investor considering a take over but thats all i can say for now. we face Rushden Tomorrow and ill be setting the lads out like its any other game we need another three points and who knows where that will take us.

Guest drseanfitz

Fans demand Sean's return.

comingdowntheroad.jpg

England fans tonight stage a protest after the final whistle, demanding the return of Sir Sean.

Since Sean's departure England have managed to scrape a 1-0 win over Mali:eek: and suffered a home defeat to Mexico.

Sean walked out on the Japanese side prior to tonight's games, sparking rumors of a return to England, and was present in the crowd for the game.

article127625397530409f.jpg

Following the embarrassing result the fans started chanting Sir Sean's name, refusing to leave the ground for nearly an hour after the final whistle.

And even more embarrassing for the SMFA and current boss Stewie the fans were joined by several England players returning to the pitch from the changing room and giving Sean a 5 minute round of applause. The players, led by Wayne Rooney, Steve Gerrard and Jo Hart, all refused to give interviews after the game, and were seen driving of in a chain of Sir Sean's Limo's.

england5.jpg

Preston North End v Sheffield Wednesday

Match Preview

Preston welcome Sheffield Wednesday to Deepdale tonight, in a first ever meeting between PNE boss James Burrow and visiting manager Simon 'SoP' Pluto. Burrow has earmarked this game as a must-win game, as the Lilywhites drift slowly down the table.

Preston have struggled for goals this season, with Peter Crouch yet to score this season, and regular scorer Stevan Jovetic off-form. Burrow looks set to take action, with a flurry of new strikers expected to arrive at the club, and a reshuffle at the front with two of the younger generation getting a chance to prove their worth.

Preston look set to give starts to Danny Welbeck and Romelu Lukaku (with an average age of 19) as the Lilywhites look for goals. Stevan Jovetic has been left out of the squad, with the club citing fitness concenrs as his reason for absnece. Simone Pepe also misses out after playing every game so far since his move. Glen Johnson has recovered from a recent injury but is unfit to start, so Jamie Carragher will return to the side after suspension on the right flank. Fabio Aurelio looks set to start despite missing training yesterday. New signing Danny Wilson is left out of the squad.

Sheffield Wednesday hope to add to Preston's misery with a much-needed win to get them off the bottom of the table. Wednesday's forwards are on prolific form in comparison to Preston's with Diego Forlan adding to his season's tally of six with a penalty in the 2-1 loss to leaders Liverpool on Wednesday. Former Preston striker Blaise N'Kufo, set to retire at the end of the season, is unlikely to play any part, with Edin Dzeko expected to partner Forlan. Russian playmaker Alan Dzagoev faces a late fitness test, with 'Der Hammer' Thomas Hitzlsperger in line to replace the Russian if he misses out.

Bournemouth 1-0 Rushden & Diamonds

Ezequiel+Munoz+Citta+di+Palermo+SSC+Napoli+MWOmdzSwAi4l.jpg

A Long Range Strike From Munoz Hands The Cherries A Win

Just Under 4,000 People Watched The Cherries pick up there sixth win on the bounce with a scrappy 1-0 victory over Rushden & Dimonds at Dean Court This Evening. The home team seemed high on spirts going into this evenings fixture and we're quick out the blocks Adam Hammill coming close just three minutes into the fixture hitting the side netting with a good chance. The next 20 minutes were much more even, Pere Kludge looking like he was Struggling to adapt the english game losing possesion in two key occasions shortly after Dimonds had there best chance of the half with Javi Varas not making the most of a good opputunity. The Cherries were losing there Grip on the game the fans started to fear that Duffy's Unbeaten record was going to come to a dissapointing end there spirts we're not lifted when Javier Ocrozo picked up a avoidable yellow card to the anger of the bench, but little to the knowledge of Duffy the resulting free kick was to be intercepted by Manchester United Loanee Ezequiel Munoz who took on a long range shot suprising the Rushden Keeper Varas And all 4,000 fans inside Dean Court flying into the top corner to the joy of the home crowd and the cherries players. Although there Joy Was short lived just 7 minutes after the lead was taken Munoz's fellow Loanee and Centre back Ron Vlarr May have become a a diffrent man in the eyes of Bournemouth Fans after a Horrific Challenge saw him sent of deservingly. Vlarr is now likley to be in Hot Water with the Cherries boss as the sending off left the south coast club very short at the back for the remainder of the game with Duffy opting to Adopt a 3-2-3-1 formation and allowing the wing backs to keep the much needed width the plan succeded but for the remainder of the game the cherries had to reley on keeping posession which they dominated throughout the game but owed the win down to the heroric Efforts Of Chris Kirkland And Ezequiel Munoz who Pulled off Countless Saves and Key Interceptions. Munoz And Klunge Picked up Average Yellow Cards through shire effort to keep the team working Even Morimoto who had been quite throughout the first half came alive thanks to work further back and picked up the man of the match award. Javier Orozco May have Redemed himself for his early yellow card with a wonderful peice of skill in the middle of the park to work some space to allow more time on the ball. The win see's the Cherries up to 9th in The Leauge with the Club now aiming to stay in the top ten but on current form they may pinch a play off spot as some fans at dean court beilived however Duffy made it clear he wants to keep the targets realistic.

Duffy:

It wasn't the best game i've ever seen these lads compete in , it was very scrappy and not the most entertaining. But thats how it go's you can't see 4-3 games every week and fans have to understand getting a 1-0 win tonight was a good result not every team can win games when there not playing there best but we pulled it off tonight and we got the three points which i'm very pleased about. I will be addressing certain issues after tonights game i feel that Vlarr will learn from his mistakes but that was an awful challenge and he needs to learn thats the consequence if you do them sort of tackels along with this i feel its time that new fans were introduced to the club it was a poor attendence out there on the terraces tonight and it needs addressing ill be talking to the board about possible ways in which we can boost the attendence as i feel its vital to have strong support i understand the lack of numbers we have had 13 seasons at the wrong end of the leauge but its changing. Thanks to all the lads it was a good win and thanks to the fans who bothered turning up.

Guest drseanfitz

England Stars Stun Stewie

stevengerrardrioferdina.jpg

After tonight's humiliation at Old Trafford, Baggies and England boss Stewpot was shocked to see 3 of his England players showing support for ex-national boss Sir Sean.

After the final whistle midfielder Stevie Gerrard whipped of his united top to reveal a shirt carrying the slogan 'Sir Sean for England', to rapturous applause from United and Baggie fans alike.

He was joined shortly after by Rio Ferdinand who took of his top to show a Sir Sean tattoo across his chest.

rion.jpg

Worse was to come for Stewie as his own player, Jermain Defoe, returned to the pitch from the changing room to join Ferdinand and Gerrard in their pro-Fitz stance.

Following the game Stewpot refused to speak to the press, but the pressure is certainly on the destroyer of England's dreams.

Preston struggles for goals as Dominant Sheff Wed score four

Preston continue to fall down the table after a abject display against bottom side Sheffield Wednesday. A 4-1 defeat at home to Sheffield Wednesday draw boos from the home support, with the Preston's front-line still to score a goal. Luka Modric got on the scoresheet in the 7th minute, taking him to the top of Preston's goalscoring charts with 5 goals this season. The lead lasted just seven minutes, Diego Forlan scoring an equaliser for Wednesday, with the rest of the half spent mostly in the centre of the pitch.Wednesday took the lead late on in the second half, Brazilian midfielder Felipe Melo getting on the scoresheet, before Ji Sung Park and a late Forlan penalty put the icing ont he cake for the bottom club.

After the game, Preston boss James Burrow revelaed he was set to sign three new players, all of them strikers:

"Call it overkill, but it's time we finally got some forwards who can hit the target. The two young 'uns tonight tried their best, but ultimately they couldnt score. The same cant be said of Jov, Crouch and Owen, three proven goalscorers who just havent found their form this season. We are looking to bring in Cameron Jerome from Cheltenham, while we are in discussions with Arsenal and Plymouth over two further strikers."

steve025grimsbytownec10.png

Yeovil fall at FORTRESS Blundell

010362950045400.jpg

Thompson applauds the fans after latest home win

Grimsby Town kept up their recent good form on Saturday as they overcame a resilient Yeovil side to eventually run out 2-1 winners at Blundell Park. This latest 3 points brings the Mariners to within touching distance of the top 6 and they now sit just 2 points outside the playoffs in 8th position.

Grimsby manager Steve Thompson made two changes to the side that beat Luton last time round with club captain Alberto Zapater returning to the starting line up in place of Dickson Etuhu who had to settle for a place on the bench. The second change saw new signing Jaime Valdes come in to make his début in place of the departed Melo Gilberto.

Grimsby started the game in the best possible manner and it was no surprise when they took the lead on the 7th minute through on loan midfielder Cheik TIOTE who showed great skill to lop the keeper 1-0.

That early goal had the fans dreaming of a comfortable win but it took till the 55th minute before they were to celebrate again this time it was Alberto ZAPATER receiving the congratulations after prodding home from close range after the keeper had saved his initial effort 2-0.

The home fans would have been dreaming of a comfortable finish but just 5 minutes after doubling their lead Grimsby were pegged back to 2-1. Artem MILEVSKIY was allowed too much space by the Mariners defence and he duly took advantage before finishing from 10 yards for his 6th goal of the season.

Yeovil tried in vain to force an equalizer but Grimsby showed dogged determination to hang on and claim a valuable 3 points and send their supporters home happy. FULL TIME 2-1.

After the game Grimsby gaffer Steve Thompson came out to give his reaction to the waiting media.

"I have to say i am delighted with the way the lads performed tonight. Don't get me wrong it was not vintage Grimsby but we showed our ugly side to hang on and make things difficult for Yeovil.

We continue to progress and we are now right in the playoff picture we are only 2 points off 4th place and that is remarkable considering we weren't given a prayer before the season kicked off.

I feel we are well geared to challenge at the top. The lads have the desire to climb out of this division and with us now out of both cups we can concentrate solely on our aim of getting a playoff place"

Thompson was also asked about the future of striker David Nugent after reports in midweek linked the striker with a return to former club Preston North End.

"Nuge is contracted to Grimsby for another season and talks are currently on going to extend that so i would very much like him to stay however i know of his affinity with Preston and if they were to make an offer for Nuge we would have to consider but i must stress there has been no contact from Preston at the moment"

Season 13 Matchday Programme No. 15

A repeat of our match in the Shield last week, Marius's Burnley are our visitors again tonight for the fourth round of the English Cup. The Cup gives us a great chance to blood some of the youth players alongside experienced veterans.

In a second embarrassing administrative mix-up in as many weeks, my new, partially deaf, secretary failed to extend an invitation to Burnley legend Leighton James. Instead, as guest of honour, we welcome Leighton Baines from our rivals across The Mersey.

Kaptan_Onedin_The_Onedin_Line.jpg

Mr Baines with former England Manager Sir Sean

Leighton, an England International, who is enjoying another fine season at Tranmere, will be making a very hasty exit back to The Wirral after the match.

Our run of 13 straight victories in all competitions finally came to an end on Saturday, in a disappointing home defeat to Sheffield United. We were given a lesson in 'Sharpe' finishing that we will learn from.

Until next time, ferry across The Mersey...........

Cole departs Deepdale ahead of English Cup tie

Preston have announced this morning that defender and England international Ashley Cole has left the club in a club record transfer. High-earner Cole moves back to Arsenal where he started his career, having started every game of Preston's season until picking up a shoulder injury two weeks ago. The news comes as a shock to most Preston fans, with some seeing Cole as a vital component to staying up. At Preston's pre-match press conference ahead of tonights game with Plymouth, Preston manager James Burrow revealed his reasons for letting Cole go:

"It is a terrible shame to see someone of Cole's class leave the club. Ashley will forever be remembered as one of the greatest players to pull on a Preston shirt. It was players like him, and Carra (Jamie Carragher) and Glen Johnson and Tom Huddlestone who made the difference in our fight for promotion, and for our fight for the Premier League title, which we unfortunately lost. Since then our goals have changed, and you can safely say that we wont be battling at the top of the table, more the bottom of it. My ethos at Preston has been that no-one is indispensable, and that everyone has a price. Arsenal met that price, and who am I to deny Ashley the chance to win silverware, not just in England, but in Europe to, in the hope of adding to his medal collection boasting a World Cup winners medal. Lets not forget that we are getting two high quality players in Gareth Bale and Bafetimbi Gomis, who although may not be such household names as Cole, will be just as vital in our fight to stave off relegation. Today we also welcome two more new faces in Cameron Jerome and David Goodwillie. Jerome comes in to provide some competition for the strikers and to hopefully bag a few goals, and Goodwillie arrives after my SOS plea was answered by Sir Seanm, which I am very grateful for. None of them will be debuting tonight, but I expect some will be ready to start on Wednesday."

Preston take a mix of youth and experienced players down to the South Coast to take on the 'Green Army' with the squad averaging an age of 26. Young Spaniard Carles Planas will debut at left-back (a far-cry frrom the departed Ashley Cole) while Stevan Jovetic and Peter Crouch are recalled after yet another no-show from the striking pair of Danny Welbeck and Romelu Lukaku. Josu Guti captains the side after being a signature away from being a Plymouth player earlier this season, while Charlie Adam deputises for the fatigued Luka Modric, subject of three transfer bids this morning.

Plymouth will be without influential playmaker Gokhan Inler, the Swiss international set to miss the next two weeks with an ankle injury. With him out, there could be a debut for 22 year old Dani Parejo in the side (once of QPR) while Lee Cattermole could partner him in the centre of midfield. English midfielder Leon Osman was a mainstay in the international setup under Burrow, but has yet to get a call-up under new management. He looks set to start tonight in a bid to get an England recall, while forgotten man Wayne Bridge hopes to also stake a claim for an England place while Ashley Cole is out injured. Asamoah Gyan has been linked with a move to Deepdale ever since Burrow became coach of the Ghanaian national team, however the striker is unlikely to face Burrow tonight, his place set to be taken by former Preston striker Hugo Rodallega.

Kirkland Waves Goodbye To Dean Court

image-2-for-premiership-gallery-02-05-09-gallery-749741305.jpg

Kirkland Trades The South Coast For New York

After Much talk in the media of late it has finnaly be annonced by Bournemouth football club that long standing keeper Chris Kirkland will be leaving the Club. The ex-England international has been at Dean Court 7 Seasons playing over 200 games for the cherries in one of the clubs most unsuccesful era's since the formation of the club. In the 222 games Kirkland played he had been awarded the Man of the match Award on 26 Occasions and had been Bournemouths Best players in the hard Times. Recently appointed manager Aaron Duffy has been said to want to make posative changes to the team which involved re shaping the defence and therefore losing fan favorite Chris Kirkland. Kirkland has been said to welcome the decision and is looking forward to making the trip across the atlantic to join New York Red Bulls. New York Keepers Sefano Sorrentino is Kirklands replacement on the south coast with the 32 year old italian returning to england after a very brief spell at southend in season 12 where the italian managed just 1 game before leaving to join New York as a makeweight in a transfer for Rafeal Marquez. Sorrentino Joins for Wednesdays Game against Against Aiden Radford's Cheltenham who will be tough opponents. Sorrentino is sure to be started on wednesday in his debut for the Cherries and will be looking to fill the gap left by Chris Kirkland.

Duffy:

Its good for the club to add fresh faces i understand why some fans wont be happy with the decision but chris had been here a long time and it was just his time to move on. If Stefano can do half of What Chris did for us then hes going to be a cracking player, he's a nice bloke and will be good to have around for the young players hes training with us today and tomorrow before are trip up to Cheltenham just to make sure hes fit and to let him get to know the defence and the way we play.

NEWS_1234000978_sorrentino.jpg

Italian Stallion Joining The Cherries

In Other News AFC Bournemouth have annonced that three players have left the club. Shaun Cooper, Dominik Rohracker and Karl Broadhurst being shown the door after they were deemed suplus to requirments at Dean Court and have been allowed to leave with Cooper and Broadhurst Joining Crawley Town and Rohracker heading back to Germany.

Tuesday 17th May 2011 – Division Two – Turn 18

Match Preview

Leyton Orient vs Wolverhamton Wanderers

Stadium: Brisbane Road – Stadium Capacity: 13,269

20051007orient01.jpg

Brisbane Road, where the magic happens.

Leyton Orient are the hosts of this game, they currently sit in 15th place. Compare that to 19th placed Wolves, just a four place gap, but Leyton Orient are ahead of them by a massive 10 points.

Whilst Zak seems to be improving on his team in all areas with the likes of Adebayor up top, Barry in the middle and Richards on loan from Darlington. Where as Wolves haven't had any transfer activity and there players are looking a little worse for wear.

With the departure of Antonini to Swindon Town and Piszczek to Portsmouth, Leyton Orient were lacking real quality on the right side of there defence, with Lora covering despite being a defensive midfielder. So they've called upon Micheal Flounders at Darlington for Micah Richards to cover.

Emmanuel_Adebayor_768817a.jpg

Emanuel Adebayor, one to watch!

Cheltenham Town V AFC Bournemouth

_46999416_3150500_cheltenham_bournemouth_512x288.jpg

The Cherries Travel To Whaddon Road on wednesday evening in a big fixture for both clubs. Cheltenham managed by Welshman Aiden Radford are currently sitting in 6th in the leauge and are chasing a play off finish or even better in the eyes of some critics. Cheltenham are currently on a seven game unbeaten streak in the leauge and have only suffered one defeat in there last nine games in all competitions which was inflicted by Sheffield United in the English Sheild Third Round. The Cherries have also been on great form with a six game winning streak coming into this game and have rocketed to 9th in the leauge under the management of Duffy. Tomorrow also has great importance for Cherries Fans as long term keeper Chris Kirkland departed earlier today to be replaced by Italian Stefano Sorrenino who will take his place inbetween the sticks for tomorrows game. The South Coast Club fans will be hoping he can be just as good or even better than the departing kirkland who helped the club through there darkest days. Cheltenham will be looking to dampen the spirts of the 800 cherries fans making the trip wilst the south coast club will be looking to extended the winning streak. it is said that both managers have respect for each other and there is no big rivaly however bournemouth have annonced changes to the team with them mainly coming in defence after Vlarr picked up a suspension in the Victory against Rushden. Cheltenham are also set to make changes with the addidtion John Carew after the departure of Carmeron Jerome in the week it has set up to be a battle of the new signings with the Norwegian Carew Vs Cherries New Signing Sorrenino.

john-carew_1382591c.jpg

Bournemouth will have to face Cheltenham New Signing Carew

Adam on the double as Preston reach last eight

Preston North End managed to put their league blues behind them with a convincing 2-1 victory over Plymouth Argyle in the Fourth Round of the English Cup.

All the goals came in the first half, with Charlie Adam scoring twice either side of a Paolo Guerrero strike. Preston can feel hard-done by with the number of chances and amount of possession they had, but it was a case of same-old, same-old as Preston's front two failed to make their chances count. However, as a sign of improvement, Peter Crouch chipped in with an assist, as did 20 year old debutant Carles Planas. After the game, Preston boss James Burrow commented on the game and on his four new signings:

"It was a great performance! Typical that when I revert to the boring 5-4-1 we find some form. It was a dominant display from first minute to last, and I honestly feel a tad disappointed that we only scored twice. Charlie took his goals well, and Crouchie showed some great teamwork in laying off to Charlie for the first goal. When you're struggling for goals personally, it's easy to be greedy and waste a chance, but what Peter did was great, and Im sure the goals will come soon, and failing that, I'll stick him on penalty duty! I honestly feel like we can win this trophy. A lot of big names have fallen by the way-side, but we cant afford to be too cocky. Last season we were the highest placed team left in the competition at the semi-final stage, and got knocked out by the lowest-placed (Oxford). It would be nice to get some silverware after winning none last season when we were on for the treble.

We didnt have the opportunity to show off the new guys tonight as they were either cup-tied or fatigued. However I plan to filed a few if not all of them against Sheffield United. Young Lukaku will be ineligible, so that leaves Owen, Gomis, Goodwillie and Jerome competing for a front place, while Gareth (Bale) wll come in for Fabio Aurelio, who's done well to play through the pain when we've desperately needed a LB."

Preston take on Sheffield United tonight at Bramall Lane, and true to his word, Gareth Bale, Cameron Jerome, David Goodwillie and Bafetimbi Gomis are named in the squad. Glen Johnson makes a welcome return to the side after injury, he replaces Danny Welbeck. With Stevan Jovetic and Guti both playing on Monday, loanee Sergio Canales starts just off the front-man, with the identity of that front-man a closely guarded secret. Luka Modric, Tom Huddlestone and Joey Barton return to the midfield four.

Sheffield United will be without former Preston defender Marcelo through injury. Sidney Govou will continue to deputise. Andre-Pierre Gignac has picked up where he left off as regards goals, already hitting 10 for the season. Their clinical finishing was evident at Anfield on Saturday, where they scored five goals from five shots on target, each with different scorers. Outside bets for the title, Sheffield United are proving a tough nut to crack.

Guest giuseppgold

School uniform shorts

95.jpg 1490.jpg 844.jpg 1559.jpg 1674.jpg 2069.jpg 258.jpg 1741.jpg

School uniform shorts

Adult chat room

Throat ulcers

Rubber sealing boots

Hairy josie

Silicone tits

Booty shake

Nursing jokes

Romantic adult getaway

******* fever

Deepthroat

Usher's wife

Tracy ferne

Dating singles

Babe thumbs

Japanese nude

Pontiac vibe reviews

Hairy vids

Backpack diaper bag

About nursing

Dominate

Black sex finder

******** girls

Sexy mature

Precocious puberty

Free upskirt

Secret amature videos

Asian tattoo art

3pic teens

Spongebob hentai

Technical virgin

Motorcycling riding instruction

Lingam

Stock photos rubber

Celeb sex scenes

Moms faces

Download Andy and Lucas – Andy and Lucas (Edicion Especial) « Pop Music Blog

Download Iwona Wegrowska – Iwona Wegrowska

Download Industrial – Various Artists – Critical Mass

Download Lithops – Scrypt

Download Eskimos and Egypt – [1998] Wing Commander

Download Leaether Strip – Aftershock

Download LFO – Lfo/afx Split

Breaking News!

Leyton_Orient_FC.png

Leyton Orient Starting Eleven to face Wolves Confirmed:

Van Der Sar

Richards – Bungert – Heinze

Fellaini

Boukari – Barry – Banega – Nene

Adebayor – Saviola

So Leyton Orient confirm their line up for a match against Wolverhamton Wanderers, as expected Lora and Carioca are dropped for Richards and Banega as Cluer's men look for a little more quality. Bruno will once again miss out due too a long term injury, but is expected back anytime soon, which will be a big boost for Leyton Orient.

You can expect to see a few goals from target man Adebayor as Wolves are looking very tired and weak with a good few injuries.

0,,10361~6990711,00.jpg

Cluer gears up for the big game ahead.

Cherries Record Seventh Straight Victory

Cheltenham Town0-2AFC Bournemouth

Attendence:4,782

Referee:Pedro Proen

Soccer---npower-Football--006.jpg

Hammill Gets His First Goal Under Duffy

If you asked Cherries Fans a month ago where they would have predicted themselves come this time of the season many would have said "hopefully 18th" or maybe a little better, but its all changed with the cherries finding themselves 6th inside the play off spots but only by the amount of goals scored however it is a massive step forward by the south coast club with the recent form being more down to luck than anything. Bournemouth Traveled to Cheltenham hoping to break down the home teams seven game unbeaten streak in the leauge whilst defending there own 6 game winning run. The game started off rather cagey with both teams picking up a yellow card a peice in the opening 10 minutes along with Nolan And Hammill being convicted by the portugese ref. Cheltenham then took home advantage and enjoyed much of the play with Danny Murphy , Kenny Miller and Paul Robinson Testing the Debut Cherries Keeper Stefano Sorrentino however Cheltenham where just unable to beat the confident italian keeper. Just Before Half time the cherries must have been thinking about the managers half time team talk as the south coast club finally swung into action With Jara And Curci making commited challenges to win importent interceptions just before the break. After the interval the poor preformance by the cherries in the first half was seemed to be forgotten with the two teamss not creating any chances until te 59th minute when the quality of Zak Knight was able to give a cheeky give a go with another Town midfielder carving throught the Cherries Defence but unable to put the resulting shot away. Bournemouth fans seemed to be resigned to a draw or worse untill the 62nd Minute Adam Hammill Made the most of a decent through ball and rounded the keeper finishing from an acute angle to the joy of the traveling support and his manager from nowhere Bournemouth look the lead although it looked unlikely that they would hold on. However after Hammill's very sweet finish bournemouth again picked up there game and this time for a good period of time sustaining a postive level of possesion which stuck with the cherries for the rest of the game alowing them to dictate play for the remainder which was helped along by the inform Japanese Forward Morimoto who scored his 5th goal in 6 games since joining in the 83rd minute finding a yard on the chasing defender and slotting one home to secure that the traveling fans would be going home happy. Cheltenham now fall to 8th in the leauge whilst Bournemouth find themselves 6th for the first time in many fans memories however duffy had this to say on the game.

Duffy:

I'm pleased with the win, again my lads proved that they can get results even when things arn't going to plan, i know thats are 7th on the bounce now and confidence is high although are aim is still a top four place and not a play off place even tho we are currently in a spot. id like to thank the fans for there support and for them to keep coming to these games as they were are 12th player tonight and we need that every game.

In Other News Bournemouth Have Allowed For Donnelly , Toet and Kovacs to leave the club for small fee's due to the players not being in Duffy's Plans for te Future and also as part of the wage costs being cut at Dean Court.

Ten-goal thriller sees North End drop into bottom three

Preston North End dropped into the relegation places for the first time this season after a thrilling 6-4 loss away at Sheffield United.

In a terrific game for the neutral, and a heart-stopping one for both sets of fans. United, who at one stage held a 5-2 lead, opened the scoring just short of the half hour mark, Anderson nipping in at the back post to finish across keeper Marco Amelia. Their lead doubled shortly after, in-form striker Andre-Pierre Gignac out-muscled Dani gastaldello to make it 2-0. Minutes after, the largest roar was heard from the crowd, and surprisingly it was from the 8,000 Preston fans in the away end, as debut striker Bafetimbi Gomis collected a long ball from Jamie Carragher and powered home a right footed finish, Preston's first goal from a striker in over four hours of football! The goal glut continued in the second half, John Obi Mikel scoring the first of what proved to be his hat-trick. However Preston took advantage of some slack defending immediately after the goal, Joey Barton heading home a cross from the returning Glen Johnson. Mikel scored his second and Sheffield's fourth on the hour mark, and Sidney Govou made it 5-2 to the home side soon after. Joey Barton pulled one back in the 65th minute before Mikel completed his hat-trick with a long range strike. Gomis scored another powerful effort with five minutes to go which proved to be just a consolation, before the final whistle blew on a great feast of football!

Last night's loss saw Sheffield Wednesday leap from 20th into 17th, and with Portsmouth draw, Preston dropped to joint-bottom with Manchester City, spared bottom spot by a less-negative goal difference. After the game, Preston boss James Burrow was surprisingly upbeat, and refused to call this season a disaster:

"It was a great game for the 32,000 fans inside Bramall Lane tonight. Our fans can leave knowing that despite the defeat, we are turning a corner. We have the goals, now its just a case of conceding less. 6-4 may look like a disastrous defeat to many, but to me it loos like a 2-0 loss which isnt too bad. Obviously dropping into the bottom three wasnt an aim for this season, and we need to go about fixing that issue with a win against Darlington on Saturday. The minimum points tally I would like at half-way is 21, and we can get that with victory. It's a tough ask, but we've done it before, I believe we scored 5 or 6 past them last season. Gomis had a great debut, he's surely going to become a fan favourite. Gareth bale also had a good night, he may not have scored and picked up a stupid booking, but he provided three assists, and in most games, four goals would take home all three points."

Preston welcome Darlington on Saturday, before a trip to the City of Manchester Stadium for a relegation six-pointer against Man City.

Burrow signs new two year deal at North End

Preston manager James Burrow has performed a dramatic U-turn and signed a new two-year deal as manager, weeks after announcing he was set to retire from football management at the end of the season.

The experienced manager, set to complete thirteen consecutive seasons in charge of the north-west club, is also on course to reach 500 games in charge of the club on the last day of this season, which it was expected to be his final game in charge. Burrow had this to say to reporters this morning, including the reasoning for the sudden change of heart:

"Preston North End is a part of me. Some day I will have to give it up, but in leaving Preston, I would be leaving a part of me. I have grown up with Preston my entire life, sitting on the Sir Tom Finney stand shouting at the then-manager what I would be doing, dreaming of standing in his place on that touchline. By the end of this season, I will have lived that dream 500 times, and I see no reason to stop now. The chage of heart came about when we were on the coach back from Sheffield last night, and me and the boys were watching Match of the Day. After the highlights of our game Lawro, Hansen and Gary looked over my career thus far and said that for all the years Ive been at Preston, Ive only ever won one trophy. It would be nice to be remembered for silverware rather than games managed, in fact the more games you manage without silverware, the worse a manager you become, so I need to set the record straight. Of course the priority this season is to stay up, if we win the English Cup, then that is a bonus. I'll be looking forward to every game of this season and the next two."

Burrow is currently ranked 4th in the Best Rated Managers list behind Darlington's Michael Flounders, Liverpool's Handsome Steve and former Spurs boss Dave Manging, and is ranked 8th in the Longest Time in Management list, but will move up to 7th after the game with Darlington, whose manager Flounders has managed an amazing 557 games for the club.

Wednesday 18th May 2011 – Division Three – Turn 18

Leyton Orient 7 – 1 Wolverhamton Wanderers

Adebayor (4)

Nene (10)

Nene (20)

Saviola (35)

Suazo (39)

Nene (47)

Nene (56)

Banega (60)

Leyton Orient bang in SEVEN goals against lowly Wolves as the continue their push for promotion. They started off their scoring through Adebayor who gets his second in two games. It then came down to Nene, who scored the first of his his FOUR in the landslide of goals from Leyton Orient. He had another one just 10 minutes later with a THUNDEROUS free-kick from 25 yards out. It was then the Savy Argentinian Saviola who produced the goods and opened his Leyton Orient scoring account with a great solo goal.

Suazo was the man to step up for Wolves after a disastrous start with a very complacent finish as Niko Bungert falls over his own feet and gifts Suazo the chance on goal, of which he places through Van Der Sar’s legs.

hotdog_1278432409.jpg

Hungry at half time? Have a HOT DAWG!

The second half kicked off and Leyton Orient continued to dominate and it was once again Nene who comes in and bags his hat-trick just two minutes in when he rounds the keeper and SKILLFULLY chips it over the sliding defender. He then adds his fourth with a BULLET head into the top corner.

It was Banega who capped off the scoring at SEVEN when he picks up the ball in the middle taking on two players and hitting it hard from a distance to leave the keeper standing.

1346435_full-prt.jpg

Man of the match, Anderson Nene belting in a free kick.

Next up Leyton Orient face Phil’s Fulham, they are very good team and you can count of Phil pumping them up very well as the continue their push for promotion back to the first division. But Leyton Orient will riding high on confidence after mauling Wolves. Bruno will miss yet another game, but the is a good chance of him being on the bench and featuring in the next game. Sow is serving the last of his 3 match ban and will hope to come back and stake his place in the team; but with the likes of Saviola & Adebayor hitting the target recently he will have some stiff competition. Although Sow can play on the right wing, where Leyton Orient are short after Valbuena’s departure and Boukari’s injury.

Leyton Orient will be against the likes Jeremy Menez, Marcos Senna & Joe Cole when they face Fulham so it will be no easy task.

Zak Cluer gives a few words on Neil quitting, Boukari’s injury & James signing a new contract;

“Well I must say, that came as a massive surprise when i heard that Neil had quit. He was an absolutely top manager and done very well in getting them up division four! I hope the club can cope without him and don’t go back down and i really hope to see him back in the game soon.”

“Unfortunately the injury to Boukari was a lot worse than we first thought and we are probably see him away from action for about SEVEN weeks. But he’s a strong lad and has done very well since joining up with us, I hope he comes back well.”

“Well hearing that James is staying on is great for the game, he’s one of the most respected managers in the game and has build an outstanding team at Preston. He’s a great inspiration.”

Press Conference - Leyton Orient

Jim+Stynes+Press+Conference+zStB5t_xq6Ll.jpg

In a recent press conference with Zak Cluer of Leyton Orient, we asked a few questions to himself and his FOUR big signings so far this season.

Reporter: “Hi Zak, so far for Leyton Orient its been a bit of a rough season in the league would you say?”

Zak: “Well, I guess you could say that! I mean we’ve come straight up from the third tier after a very long time down there and for us last season it was a very successful season and there were a lot of expectations for us to do well this season, but lets face it, we finished sixth in the league and had to go through the dreaded play off’s. We made it through and that was a very tough task, but we made it on the back on the FA Cup win we had momentum, but QPR & Barnsley were better teams than us last season and are proving that again. I mean when we win we play very, very well and when we lose, we still play very well, but the quality up here is a lot different and will take a bit of time to get used too. But I’m confident we can pick up form and finish in the top half of the table.

Reporter: “You seem to be doing very well for your first time in Europe, what seems to be the difference?”

Zak: “Yes we are doing very well in Europe, its our first time here and we are just taking it all in stride game by game. So far we are unbeaten and we hope to continue that for as long as possible. We have some more experienced players in now too, Adebayor, Saviola, Barry, Nene have all experienced European football and I hope with them we can go all the way. Its our only chance to try and grab a place for next year too after bowing out of both cup competitions.”

Reporter: “Last year you obviously done very well by winning the cup, it was your first piece of silverware for Leyton Orient, how did that feel?”

Zak: “It was great, we knocked out some top teams along the way and showed some real class in the final against Mr Belkevitz Oxford with a cracking 4-1 win. It was one of my happiest moment’s so far in my career.”

FA-Cup-final.jpg

Leyton Orient celebrate their FA Cup win.

Reporter: “Would you now say that promotion to Division Two was your best moment?”

Zak: “They were both great moments so far in my career, both are up there. But to be fair after four seasons of trying, securing promotion was one of my proudest moments! The team has changed a lot since my first game in charge, with only current vice Captain Bruno Soriano, who is absolutely great player.

Reporter: “There has been some speculation of Bruno being linked with a Division One club, is this true?”

Zak: “Well there is always speculation about top players being moved on, but you know its not always true, I mean we have been linked with such players as David Silva, Van Der Wiel & More.. But that’s not true.

If there as been any talks going on with a Division One club, then it wasn’t involving me.”

Reporter: “So would you entertain offers for Bruno?”

Zak: “Every player has a price, simple.”

Reporter: “So you would listen to offers for anyone?”

Zak: “ALL players would be available for the right price. At the end of the day, we have a very small stadium, so for us balancing the books is a very tough job. So we have to sell to buy and to even break even, this is why we have so many youth team players. We nurture them and sell them on for profit, but that's not just youth team players, look at Antonini, brought straight into the first team, performed much better than expected and we made a £12,000,000 profit on his sale to Swindon.

Reporter: “That does seem like a very good deal! So would players be available for cash if the price was right?”

Zak: “In a word; yes. Whilst I have to think about my team of players and where we want to go, you also have to think, this club is a business. They don’t want to be losing money each week. We had enough funds at the end of last season to be able to add an extra 4,000 seats to Brisbane Road, but if we want to continue to compete it must get bigger and possibly to sale of one player of roughly £20,000,000 could take us past the 20,000 seater mark, which is what we aim to do.

Reporter: “So would you say the club is struggling financially?”

Zak: “Absolutely not! I am technically only the manager of this team, but I do deal a lot with the finances and I can tell you we are sitting on a very large balance available to myself if I wanted to bring in some fresh faces. At this time we need some quality at the back and we are on the look out for a new central defender, so the cash is there for that.”

Reporter: “There have been reports linking you to a £25m bid with Leicester City’s Alderwield, is this true?”

Zak: “I wouldn’t like to confirm anything, but he is the type of player that we would welcome into our team with open arms. He’s a great up and coming player and would love to bring him here and hopefully help in bettering his career in our quest for the top flight.”

Toby-Alderweireld_Ajax1nl_500x460.jpg

Alderwield, to Brisbane Road?

Reporter:“So is the defence your main priority at the moment?”

Zak: “Well yes, with the departure of four first team defenders since last season we definitely need 2/3 new defenders. We have a few in mind, but people are reluctant to let players go in this day and age.”

Reporter: “You’ve managed to bring in some new players on the attacking front, are you pleased with who you have signed?”

Zak: “Absolutely! We have brought in some top internationals in the last 2 seasons and some players we have turned into top class players! Adebayor, Saviola, Barry & Nene have all played at the top level for a long time and we are pleased to be able to bring these kinds of players top our club, I mean they've seen our fan base and what we want to do with the club in the future and they’ve signed up. Its great for the club and the fans as the quality of football we are producing gets better.”

Reporter: “Who do you think will have the biggest impact on your season to come?”

Zak: “Its not a one person game, no one person will have a bigger impact than the whole team, but in terms of who could shine the most, either Ade or Savi, they will be up top with the chance to steal the limelight by scoring goals. If they do get all the limelight for that reason, I’d be very happy.”

Reporter: “Right, well that's about it. Thank you very much for your time Zak, all the best for the rest of the season.”

Zak: “Your welcome, thank you very much.”

Season 13 Matchday Programme No. 16

We welcome Huddersfield Town and Dermot ‘Derm’ O’Brien to Anfield tonight. The Terriers are currently one of 3 teams tied for second with 34 points, although an inferior Goal Difference sees them occupying 4th place. Working within a limited budget this is a great credit to Derm’s coaching and scouting abilities, as well as his occasional soiree into the Occult.

CrowleyAleister_en_0.jpg

Dermatology - O'Brien's Pre-Match Pep-Talk

I was unaware that our Victory at Sheffield Wednesday last week, took me into second place on the all-time points list in the EC106. Whilst naturally I am very proud of this fact, it does feel like more of a Life-Time Achievement Oscar rather than winning the real thing. I can assure you all that I have no plans to retire just yet.

And while on the subject I was delighted to see James ‘The Doctor’ Burrows sign a contract extension for a further 2 years. By the end of the season he will have become a member of the exclusive EC106 500 club.

Guest of honour today is former Huddersfield Town star, and almost Kop Legend: Frankie Frankie Frankie Frankie Worthington.

Worthington.jpg

Francis - sans moustache et le mulet

Frankie was always a special talent, and a notorious womaniser, who nearly joined The Reds in 1972. The breakdown of his move here is one of the game's enduring urban legends. Having all but signed, the deal fell through because he failed a medical. Rumours abounded that he had a dose of the clap. In fact he had high blood pressure - but that was brought on by excessive sexual activity. Shanks told him to have a break, and return for a second medical. Frankie went to Majorca, continued his lifestyle... and failed the medical again. Frank will be signing copies of his autobiography ‘One Hump, or Two’ in the megastore after the game.

Following a penalty shoot-out that saw us knocked out of the cup to a determined Burnley side, we managed to come away from The Darlington Arena, with three goals, three points, and three cheers for Wesley ‘Dee’ Sneijder who claimed the Carling Man of the Match award with a goal and an assist. The Standing Ovation he received from our travelling supporters on 75 minutes was a fitting gesture to a man who had given us his all.

Until next time, .............Geronimo!!!!