English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

images.jpg

24_front_small.png91_1197591431.gif132_front_small.png

Michal Kadlec: Robert Jarni's appointment as Yeovil Town boss has given everyone a ‘clean slate’

The 27-year-old has backed the west London club's decision to appoint the ex-Hajduk Split coach in place of infern ito, insisting his presence has already given the squad a boost

Although he has listed many players on transfer, it does not change the fact, that people are willing to fight for there position.

Robert has said, he is looking for a young croatian based squad to help him devote his tactics in a way it cannot be explained in an English based way.

The ex-Hajduk Split boss will take charge of his first game in Thursday's clash with Swindon Town, and Kadlac insists his presence on the training ground has already provided a boost to the squad.

Burrow to leave post as Italian coach with immediate effect

Sky Sports Italia reports that well-travelled coach James Burrow is to leave his position as Italy's first team coach with immediate effect.

The Preston-born manager had hinted at retirement from football management at the end of the current season, and with his national contract set to expire after this years World Cup, he has mutually agreed to terminate the remaining months of his deal.

Italy were knocked out of their home World Cup at the first knock-out stages, after a penalties defeat to Greece. Since their departure, they have won their two opening group games against Montenegro and Peru 1-0 and 2-0 respectively, with Gigi Buffon's side yet to concede a goal in the qualifiers. At a press conference scheduled today, Burrow refused to comment on the reason for his departure, only that his short spell at the former World Champions had been one of his best in international management:

"It is with great regret that I should call my time as Italy head coach after such a short stint in charge. I have enjoyed my time as Italy coach over the past year and a half, but feel that now is the right time to hand over to someone else. It is a shame that I have not managed to stay for a sustained period at any of my national sides, but I have learnt much from my experiences with England, Spain, Wales, the United States and Italy, and have had the privilege of managing some of the best players in the world."

Speculation is rife as to the reasoning and timing of Burrow's departure, with the Italian media citing a fall-out between members of the playing staff and the coach resulting in the coach leaving. Such rumours do have a vein of truth behind them, with hothead Mario Balotelli thrown out of the Italian camp ahead of the Peru game, and Preston players Fabrizio Miccoli and Dani Gastaldello refusing to anser call-ups due to a lack of first team actions at their clubs.

Italian contigent make amends with coach Burrow

Preston pair Dani Gastaldello and Fabrizio Miccoli have declared themselves available for the first team after clear-the-air talks were held with manager James Burrow and the chairman earlier today.

28 year old Gastaldello was told by Burrow at the beginning of the season that he would never play for the club again, ahead of a proposed transfer to Leicester City. However, that move collapsed, and ahead of the new season, Gastaldello was not issued a squad number. Despite numerous transfer rumours, Gastaldello has remained a Preston player and has been training with the reserve squad. The dispute flared up again during the build-up to Italy's game with Montengro, where then-coach Burrow called up Gastaldello to the squad, only to be told no by the defender.

Compatriot and team-mate Fabrizio Miccoli joined Gastaldello in refusing to accept a call-up to the national side, with the 32 year old having not played for the club after his red card during the final league game of last season, which saw Preston drop into the play-offs and be knocked out at the first hurdle. Last season's top scorer Miccoli had seen his way into the side blocked by young Danny Welbeck, and new signing Diego Forlan. However, it seems Burrow has called a truce between himself and the two players, with both of them available for selection for Wednesday's game against Everton:

"Things were said last season and early this season that perhaps shouldn't have been said. The immense disappointment of missing out on promotion having been in pole position for a long stint during the season made the blood boil, and coming into this season, I thought that a fresh start was necessary. That wasnt strictly true. Danny (Welbeck) has done well, but I think, given our current position, it is best that a more experienced player spearheads the attack (in Miccoli) and with Alberto Botia's injury, Dani Gastaldello return to the defence."

Gastaldello has been given the number 32 shirt ahead of tomorrow night's tie, which could see two former players in Crouch and Gomis spearheading the Toffee's attack.

Guest drseanfitz

u3oscarsgoon.png

Crewe today rolled out the red carpet as they prepared for their new arrivals Oscar Cardozo and Oscar Hiljemark, who arrived from Huddersfield in exchange for Colombian drug-barren Radamel '£20 an ounce' Falcao.

1555966fullprt.jpg

28 year old Cardozo will be a direct replacement for Falcao, and is hoping to make as big an impression as Facao's predecessor Pazzini.

The Paraguayan will make Crewe his 4th team in 106.

528x300.jpg

19 year old, Swedish international Oscar Hiljemark also arrives at Gresty Road, and it's his arrival that is causing the most excitement.

The young midfielder stands out as one of the brightest Swedish talent at the moment – perhaps for quite some time actually.

His willingness to storm forward from his midfield position is a much appreciated skill. He is always likely to use his right foot from distance which makes him unpredictable. When given the room in front of the opponents defenders he`s always likely to have a go himself or feed his strikers if they are in a better scoring positions.

The swede is likely to be on the edges of the squad this season, but will surely make a breakthrough soon.

Everton v Preston North End

Match Preview and Team News

Preston go into tonight's match with Everton at Goodison Park only a point above the relegation zone after a lacklustre start to Division Two. Tonight's match bears more importance with the number of former Liverpool players in the ranks, as well as manager James Burrow, who supported Liverpool alongside his hometown club as a child. Everton have gotten off to a slightly better start than last season, however they are showing form nothing like that which saw them nearly win Division One a few seasons back.

Everton manager Kevin Jones can call on up top three former Preston players for tonight's game, with new signings Peter Crouch and Bafe Gomis joining Aaron Lennon at the club. However an English Cup scare on Monday looks to have taken some of the wind out of Everton's sails, with 'elder staesmen' Luisao, Nesta and Ambrosini all expected to miss out tonight. Blumer Elano may make his debut as a replacement for Ambrosini, while Carlos Cuellar may make his first start of the season in defence.

Preston look set to hand first starts to Fabrizio Miccoli and Dani Gastaldello, after they were both recalled to the first team after disputes with the club. Gastaldello is likely to be partnered by lifelong Liverpool supporter Jamie Carragher, who in his previous two meetings with Everton has yet to see the game out due to injury. Marco Amelia is recalled in goal after a string of abject performances by Asmir Begovic, who drops out of the squad. David Beckham also earns a recall at the expense of Tom Huddlestone, while Danny Welbeck and Thierry Henry also miss out, with the two of them set to leave on loan. Andy Carroll faces an anxious wait to see if he will be involved tonight, as his parent club Huddersfield decide over where his future lies. Recent signing Jay Spearing lacks match fitness and will not play, while rumours that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain could be set to start tonight were quashed after manager James Burrow revealed that a loan deal for the youngster had hit technical difficulties:

"I am a keen admirer of Alex and with our relationship with Rochdale we hoped to snap him up quickly for tonight's game. However, with the future of Andy Carroll being undecided, and Danny Welbeck being involved in this loan-swap, we thought it best to hold back until we know if we get to keep Carroll long term or not."

Preston steam-roll Everton as Miccoli back in goals

Preston North End produced an inspiring possession-play performance to defeat Everton 3-0 at Goodison Park, with Fabrizio Miccoli scoring on his recall to the side.

The build-up to this match had been dominated by the recall of Miccoli and compatriot Dani Gastaldello to the squad after clear the air talks with the club, and both started last night's match. It took Miccoli less than 10 minutes to open his account for the season, with a cheeky chip over the advancing keeper. The Italian promptly ran over to the dug-out to thank his manager James Burrow. Preston didnt have things all their own way, former Preston player Aaron Lennon proving a thorn in North End's side with his pace against Roberto Carlos. However, Preston got the all-important second goal, former Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy bursting through the Everton defence and placing his shot by Kameni. The 32 year old showing signs of his youth with his blistering pace. However, Bellamy wouldnt be Bellamy without controversy, a late challenge by the Welshman warranting a yellow card, and was lucky not to see red after seeming to provoke his victim Alessandro Nesta into retaliating.

The second half only brought one goal, but it was a landmark one. Preston's first penalty of the season was converted by Gareth Bale, who later went into the referee's book for simulation. Everton's front two of Peter Crouch and Bafe Gomis proved futile against the defence of cpatian Jamie Carragher and Dani Gastaldello, who had it not been for Miccoli, would surely have won Man of the Match.

Preston profited from Bristol City, Charlton, Portsmouth, Everton, Aston Villa and Rotherham to move up to 11th, with Everton dropping into the relegation zone. Preston face Rotherham on Saturday looking for their first consecutive league win of the season.

Preston North End v Rotherham United

Match Preview

Preston welcome newly promoted Rotherham to Deepdale hoping to win their second consecutive game for the first time this season. Wednesday's stellar performance against Everton culminated in a 3-0 victory, with newly-reinstated players Dani Gastaldello and Fabrizio Miccoli performing well. Manager James Burrow will have a tough decision regarding whther to change a winning team, despite some of the elder players feeling the effects of a tiring game on Wednesday.

Bizarrely, Preston only have one injury concern, and its not what people would expect. Manager James Burrow will have to sit out touchline duties tonight after slipping on ice outside his Preston home. The experienced manager, who has only recently come back into the public domain and has hinted at retirement, has been advised by doctors to rest, meaning former Preston player and reserve team coach Graham Alexander will be taking charge for tonights game. Besides Burrow's unfortunate incident, Preston have a relatively clean bill of health. Alberto Botia remains Preston's only long-term absentee, while David Beckham may drop to the bench after a long run of games, Rodwell (16 years his junior) should step in, with Jamie Carragher regaining the captains armband. Andy Carroll may be forced to settle for a place on the bench, now that he is officially a Preston player after his midweek transfer from Huddersfield which saw Simone Pepe leave. Another new signing, Giovanni Pasqual is also amongst the substitutes, with Gabriel Heinze replacing the departed Roberto Carlos.

Rotherham's thread-bare squad has been exposed in recent weeks, with defeats at Blackburn and home to Stoke attributed to tiredness. Centre-nback Milan Bisevac looks set to miss tonights game, with former Liverpool midfielder Momo Sissoko touch-and-go. As far a s replacements go, Rotherham manager P Chilli may be forced into giving starts to both Edenilson and Georgian Kvirkvelia. Front three Almeida, Maiga and Toquero (the latter two both Preston transfer targets) and former Preston winger Antonio Valencia will keep their place in Rotherham's attack.

Preston finally win at home with convincing display vs Millers

Preston secured only their second home win in the league last night with a 2-0 victory over Rotherham. The Lilywhites had gone a month without victory at Deepdale, but thanks in part to the condition of their opponents, Preston secured the three points, with some maybe disappointed that the scoreline was not greater.

Stevan Jovetic took his season tally up to 5 with an early goal, after a goalmouth scramble saw the Montenegrin left with an easy tap-in. The architect of Preston's great display had to be Bellamy, the Welshman taking full advantage of the oppositions jaded legs to sprint past unopposed, with Miccoli, Bale and Jovetic all going close to scoring before the half-time whistle. The closest Rotherham got to scoring was Danko Lazovic's long range shot which cannoned back off the bar into Marco Amelia's grateful hands.

The second half started in a similar fashion to the first, Preston came out of the blocks quickest and extended their lead through a collectors item of a goal from Charlie Adam. The Scot floated a right-footed cross into the area which evaded everyone and nestled just inside the far post. No matter what he says, surely he didn't mean that! In a rather dull second half, where Preston made Rotherham chase after the ball, Preston's delivery started to slacken off, with Glen Johnson choosing to cross rather than shoot, perhaps the wrong decision.

Full time and the Preston crowd erupted into applause. That win takes Preston closer to the play-offs than to the relegation zone, with the Lilywhites in 11th place. Next up in the league is a tricky trip to Vicarage Road to face promotion chasing Watford, but before that is a cup tie with Wolves, which will give the Preston manager chance to field some of his reserve.

Mario Gotze set for Ewood Park

The highly talented Germany AM is the new player of Blackburn Rovers.After they wanted him from ages ago they finally got him for a big price.Mario maybe the best talent in the world will join to help Blackburn to get promotion into Divsion 1 because they have the quality to be a top team.Gotze is coming from Millwall where he scored in last night and was named their captain in his last match.He really wanted to play because wanted to make Millwall fans happy in his last match and he respected his promises.He played about 70 games for Millwall scoring 11 goals and gettin 28 assists,23 just in last season.He's the most expensive player ever for Blackburn along with Fabregas who just joined last night on Ewood Park.Gotze helped Millwall this season and last season but he wanted a move to a better team who can be in the battle for Division 1 but he wanted to help Millwall too.He know we paid a big big price for him and the pressure is on him even if we dont want this because he's just 19 years old.Hope he'll prove what he can at Blackburn because we doubt Blackburn will ever sell him because his price was too big.Rovers is building a very strong youth team but they didnt ignored their XI too.Van Gaal,one of the best coach in the world wanted Gotze and told to his boss to do everything for him and he did everything.Mario said is a pleasure to play along with Fabregas,Pazzini or amazing potential players like Eriksen,James Rodriguez or Dzagoev.He also said he know the pressure is on him because Blackburn paid a lot for him to have in their team.The fans were very very happy when they heard that and almost all Rovers fan were celebrating last night this transfer but they were sad because Llorente is leaving but they got a legend,Pazzini.Blackburn fans celebrated with beer and with their specific songs.Were more then 10,000 fans in centre of city.

Mario Gotze interview:

Im so happy to join Blackburn but sadly I left Millwall,which was a great period in my career.At least I made the fans happy last night and I helped Millwall to get a better XI because Blackburn paid the moon for me.Hope I'll prove myself here and I'll do the best for Blackburn to get the promotion.Is a pleasure to play in the same team with Fabregas or Eriksen or James Rodriguez or Dzagoev and hope we'll be the best in future because we got the potential to be in next 2-3 years.I know many were interested in me but I wanted to play for Blackburn.They're a very good team and their youth system is impressive.I had 3 good season at Millwall but really wanted to leave it for something better,Millwall will become very good too.I heard they brought Depay who's an amazing prospect plus theyre receiving the moon from the deal for me.Hope I'll prove myself here and do the best in this amazing team.Is a pleasure to have Van Gaal as a coach and want to say thanks because he contacted me many times,especially when I was injuried.

Van Gaal interview:

Such a pleasure to have maybe the best talent in the world and the best future player in the world.I wanted him ages ago but we didnt had the resource and after our boss brought some players finally we could afford his big price.Hope he'll retire from us and will do the best for us.Should be a plasure from him to play with Fabregas and should learn a lot from him.Cesc is still a new player as he arrived in the morning but both may make their debut on monday,depends by their condition.Is a pleasure to manage a team like Blackburn and to have a boss like mine which do everything I want for promotion.I bet on his team in future,especially in next 2-3 years but for now I just want to say Good luck Mario!

gotzeshirtless.jpg

Gotze in his first meeting with his new teammates.

Perfect debut for the deadly duo!

Last night Blackburn played on Ashton Gate with a full stadium.Cesc Fabregas the new captain and the main player for Blackburn scored 1 and got the other assist for Ledley King goal.Donadel scored for Bristol but wasnt enough to get a draw for Bristol so Rovers won the match.Cesc deserved to be man of the man in our eyes with the goal and the assist and the other chance he had to score and a perfect vision on the pitch but King played perfect in the defence and gettng the other goal too but Fabregas was easily the best on the pitch along with the other new guy,the best talent in the world,Mario Gotze.Both made their debut on Ashton Gate and was a perfect one,just 1 mistake from Gotze because he got an yellow card.Blackburn dominated the whole game and we dominated the midfield for 90 minutes.Diego Alves,the NO.1 for Blackburn also did a very good game.Capoue,the best DM on the pitch played very good in attack too getting a few good crosses for Mitroglou.Kostas played in our XI because the living legend,Pazzini was injuried and Claudio Pizarro is on loan to Aston Villa.Bastos played his last game for Blackburn and James Rodriguez and Dzagoev are waiting for their chance in our XI.They'll have the time to get it but now to talk about Bristol game.Blackburn cleary dominated all things of the match including possession,shoots,shoots on target.A deserved win for Van Gaal over Dudeskin.Next game is away too vs Stoke.Fabregas and Gotze will wait till they'll make their debuts on Ewood Park.

Cesc.jpg

Cesc celebrating his 1st goal for Blackburn

El Capitano talk with press

Cesc Fabregas,captain of Blackburn Rovers will talk in a few minutes with the press.He was named the captain of Blackburn from first match voted by all his new teammates.He had a perfect debut on Wednesday scoring 1 and getting the assist for other goal.The Rovers fan are already in love with Cesc and Cesc is already in love with Blackburn fans.Cesc must to wait another game till he'll make his debut on Ewood Park.The relations between club and fans are now in the best period in lasdt 20-30 years.Fans are excited by what did Van Gaal so far and the efforts made by their boss.They're ready for the battle in Premier League with big teams and they promiced will make a superb atmosphere in every match from now.In first match on Ewood Park for Gotze and Cesc will be a special coregraphy for these guys.First half will be dedicated to ''El Capitano'' and 2nd one for Mario.Now lets listen Cesc about his first week in Blackburn shirt:

I'm feeling very very well in Blackburn shirt and overall in Blackburn.Im excited because I was named the captain of the teams from my first day by all my new teammates.Was a pleasure to make the Rovers fans already happy for my first match and is a pleasure to see a full Ewood Park with a special atmosphere.I loved my first match on Rovers shirt and I love the atmosphere from the team.Van Gaal is a very very good coach and know how to make us to feel very good at trainings.I heard about 4500 fans on Ashton Gate and didnt expected to see so many Rovers fan in away.I'm still waiting for my first match on Ewood Park and my first week in Blackburn.I love to see how we are making Rovers fans happy in every match.

Van Gaal:

I already said it was a pleasure to have Cesc in my squad and it was cleary to see who'll be the new captain of Rovers.All his teammates,especially Gotze must to learn from Cesc who's in top 10 best footballers at this moment.Cesc is a phenomenal player outside the pitch but on the pitch...you cant compare someone with him,he's connected to the game,he's creating his world on the pitch and include the rest of his mates too.Im proud to have Cesc in my team and when I watched him in his first game on Ashton Gate was like a movie.He did everything in the midfield along with Mario Gotze who did a superb match too.What can I say?I'd love to see Cesc playing better and better and play his best next season in Premier League.

swansea.jpg

New Man At The Liberty!

The Welsh finally get their man

With a wealth of experience following spells with both Peterborough United and Nottingham Forest, the upper echelons of Swansea City had manager Wesley Sneijder at the top of their list. After a short pursuit, the man who has been on a self induced hiatus from management put pen to paper on a deal which is seen as a way to revitalise the club. Following four managers in less than a year, it is expected that Sneijder will bring some stability to the club which will hopefully turn into a push into the playoffs. The manager gave a short interview before meeting his new team.

libertystadium.jpg

Welcome back to management! You have experience with clubs in the past, how does the current team rank against those of the past?

Well, obviously I have good memories of my time with both Peterborough and Nottingham but I now have to look to the future and with the team which I have inherited, I have a chance to build something good here and to build on the success this club has had.

You spoke of success and Swansea last got promoted two seasons ago into the Division they lie in now, what are your expectations for this season?

Well, firstly I need to get to know the players and their qualities and then assess how best to use them. We have had an alarming number if narrow losses which if we had converted into at least a point, it would have seen me inherit a side which was sitting in the playoffs. And come the end of the seasons that's exactly where I want to be.

Surely that's too much to expect of your team when you look around other squads in this Division?

No, not at all. I proved when I was Peterborough that it's not all about the individual players within the squad and though some may be classed as 'better' than others, it's how you set the team up and the way the team plays together which decides games and promotion. I believe I can set this team up right, and that will see us through.

With Sneijder wanting success, we outlined what we believe will be the key players of his season.

chedjou.jpg

Aurélian Chedjou

The Cameroonian central defender has been with Swansea since their promotion season and he will provide the heart of defence which, if this season is to be successful, will have to remain solid throughout. Swansea have leaked goals so fair this season, with their current rate almost reaching two-goals-per-game and hopefully the new manager will insert an essence of solidity into the backline.

soriano.jpg

Bruno Soriano

Soriano is a new signing at the Liberty Stadium, having joined from heavyweights Manchester United earlier on in the season. He has proven to be a revelation, scoring four goals in his ten games and with the manager reportedly putting him back into his preferred anchor man role, there may be much more to come this season from the Spaniard.

martinyp.jpg

Marvin Martin

Martin is one of the few players at Swansea to have made over one hundred appearances for the Welsh team and the young Frenchman will undoubtedly be a large part to any success the team has. He has flattered to deceive so far this season but there is no doubting the obvious skills that this player has. With injuries to midfielder Jenas and Rodriguez, then it is empirical for Martin to get back to his lethal self in which case the role he plays between the midfield and forwards will drive Swansea on towards the golden play-off place.

martinsm.jpg

Obafemi Martins

The forward has not been bad this season, his five goals to date are testament to that, but in a team which has not scored whilst conceding many, he needs to be on form in order to get Swansea the wins they so desperate crave. The playoffs are just five points away and if the Nigerian can start scoring goals regularly then there is no doubt that Swansea will be fighting for one of the playoff places.

Lucas-The new gem of Blackburn

BLOG2.jpg?o=1

Lucas in his last game for Coventry

Its official,Lucas Rodrigues Moura,highly talented Brazilian attacking midfielder or winger is the new gem of Blackburn.Lucas is in top 10 best talents in world football at the moment and will be in top 10 best footballers in the world in next years.Lucas played so far 16 games(10) scoring 4 goals and getting 2 assists.Blackburn will use him in at least a half of matches because they want him to develop and become one of the best in Rovers shirt.He had to choose from many clubs but like other top youngsters he wanted to play for Blackburn.We have here one of the best maybe the best midfield in the world at the moment at just 24 years old and he want to learn from Cesc.Lucas reported as the best talent from Brazil and their main midfielder for future.Lucas will make his debut more probably on Saturday on Ewood Park.The fans cant wait till they'll see the deadly players in Rovers shirt and cant wait for other super players debut: 'Gotze-Fabregas-Lucas'.Lucas was voted as the best talent from Coventry squad and the most loved player by the fans.Here in Blackburn we already got 1 player and nobody can take his place but Lucas can be in the top.Lets listen Van Gaal about his new player:

Lucas is a brilliant player who wanted to play for Blackburn on Ewood Park.He have enough time to learn from Fabregas or even Gotze.This are the perfect moments as a coach at Blackburn when I'm having one of the best players in the world.My boss did everything for this team and the fans should really be proud with the team because is easily one of the best team from England and even in the world.Lucas may make his debut on Saturday game but really depends how is his condition.From what I know he really wants to play and he was in a perfect condition...if its alright we'll see him tonight on Ewood Park playing.

Lucas:

Such a pleasure to be part of Blackburn team and to play along with Cesc Fabregas or Mario Gotze or Pazzini.Blackburn is the perfect team to develop and play for a life here because they're having a great boss and great plans for future.I hope I'll be playing tonight as Im feeling perfect and want to make my debut on Ewood Park.From what I heard the fans are amazing and with this team from Blackburn should be proud and come and to make a superb atmosphere.I hope we'll be win the Division 2 and after who knows...a brilliant season in Premier League

Bolton-Wanderers.png

Mario Forgotze!

After failing to land Mario Gotze a few weeks ago the disappointment has since past with exciting times ahead for The Wanderers supporters as Germany's finest Mesut Ozil has medical at The Reebok. The 23 year old a long term target for Bolton manager Friel has expressed his delight at finally capturing the superstar after many previous failed attempts.

The Turkish born attacking midfielder will be the clubs third German international brought to The Reebok in recent weeks with international team mates B.Howedes and H.Badstuber also adopting the red white and blue jersey. It has however come at a costly price as team captain and fan favourite Luka Modric will depart along with Dutchman R.Van Der Vaart for White Hart Lane. Also joining the club was playmaker H.Ganso who is seen as the ideal replacement by the Scotsman.

Talking to the media outside the clubs training ground The Scot had this to say. " We're delighted to have agreed a deal to sign Mesut it has been a long time coming but if I am being truthful Luka and Raffael were never part of the clubs long term plans despite being giving leadership roles within the team. Luka and Raffael were always going to be heading out the door or at least Modric was as it was all part of the plan. We have been trying to move both players on for some time but the right deal or the right player wasn't available until now. The fans will surely be disappointed to see the lads go as am I but they'll soon be forgotten when Mesut works his magic."

A local reporter asked The Scot about the supporters concerns that in recent weeks the club has taken a step back with the departure of high profile player G.Higuian and now Luka Modric and Van Der Vaart set to exit. Listen he said " We hear the fans concerns and yes it's true in a sense but we're trying to build a team not only for the now or for the medium term future but for many seasons to come. There is specific players who have met out our criteria and these players can expect to spend their whole careers at the Reebok. We still have a few wholes to fill but slowly we're getting there and if things go well this club will be where it belongs in the Premiership whether it's me or someone else at the helm."

Burrow vows to save 'sinking ship' Preston

Preston manager James Burrow has denied rumours he looks set to retire from football management, as the Lilywhites face the possibility of Division Two relegation.

This campaign has not gone well for North End and for Burrow, with a current run of seven games without victory setting a new, unwanted, record at Deepdale. Season 15 has been dominated with rumours regarding James Burrow's future, with the experienced manager having called time on his international management career at the beginning of the season. Also, Burrow's tactical and financial abilities have been called into question, with Burrow sticking with the tried-and-trusted 4-4-2 despite the poor season thus far, and the signings of 32 year old Diego Forlan and the 39 year old Rogerio Ceni.

Roy_Hodgson_watch.jpg

Times Up?: Time is running out for Burrow (pictured) if Preston are to stay up

Preston find themselves 3 points ahead of 18th placed Aston Villa, having only tasted victory 6 times this season. The cup season has also been something short of a disaster, with the twice-English Cup winners crashing out of the Cup in the 1st Round and the Shield in the 4th Round to Stoke. However, without confirming whether he will be staying on long-term, Burrow has vowed to stick with the club until the end of the season, and will fight to keep his hometown club in the division:

"I'll admit that this season has been far from acceptable. I blame that solely down to me, my heart hasn't been in the game and for years now I have said that the day I quit will be when I don't love the game anymore. I would totally accept if the board told me to go tomorrow. To go 7 matches without victory is unacceptable for a club like Preston. But if I could just ask to stay on for the rest of the season, to fix what has gone wrong and keep the club up, then I will decide whether to build on that for next season or hand over the club to a fresh mind.

As with all big-money transfers, if things don't go your way, then the pressure will mount and mount and mount. Look at Theo Walcott for instance. Tranmere paid huge money, he didnt perform, he was promptly sold. (Diego) Forlan obviously isnt in the same mould as Theo in that his career is drawing to a close, but give him time to adjust to his new team-mates and he will thrive. We have plenty of competition for places up front but I'm sure that by the end of the season we will see the real Forlan, and not the one which left Man Utd as a 'flop.'"

Diego-Forlan.jpg

Waste of Money: Former Man Utd striker Diego Forlan has failed to hit the ground running at Preston, prompting criticism

James Burrow refused to go into transfer targets, however one player who has been linked with the club is Crewe Alexandra's John Flanagan. The ex-Liverpool academy player has found first team footballer hard to come by at Crewe, and surprisingly would be in and around the first team action at Preston due to Glen Johnson being preferred on the right. Flanagan's former team-mates Jay Spearing, Martin Kelly, and David Amoo also play for Preston, with Kelly starting to break into the first team. Whether Preston can afford Flanagan is a different matter, with the club losing transfer targets to rivals in recent weeks.

johnflanagan.jpg

Youth: Are Preston set to turn to youth over experience as they attempt to avoid relegation?

Preston back to winning ways in front of record low crowd

Preston North End brought to an end a run of seven games without victory with a dominant 2-1 victory over Queens Park Rangers, with the scoreline not telling the true story of how the game panned out.

royhodgsonthumbup.jpg

Thumbs Up: A more cheery Burrow acknowledges Beckham's late winner

Preston enjoyed dominant spells of possession, and tested opposition keeper _ with every one of their seven shots on target, however after Mladen Petric had cancelled out a Gareth Bale penalty with just seven minutes left on the clock, it fell to David Beckham to score with just two minutes to go to secure the three points in front of a record low League crowd of just over 13,000.

After the game, game-clincher David Beckham joined captain Jamie Carragher in supporting under-fire boss James Burrow, stating that the players should take the majority of the blame for putting in sub-standard performances:

DB: "James is a great manager, you don't stick around in management unless you have got a talent for it, and to stay at the same club year-on-year is a very rare thing indeed. The papers always seem to be dominated by hirings and firings yet you overlook the efforts of those who stick around through thick and thin. Hopefully we will get the fans back into the ground and with performances like tonight, we should be pretty confident of staying in this division."

JC: Yeah I agree with David, James has done a great job at Preston and it just goes to show that when things do go wrong, he wants to stick around to make the changes needed to turn things around. Some managers may wilt under the pressure and that leaves the chairman no choice but to make a change, but right now, James is the best option for this football club, and I hope he stays on for this season and for many seasons to come."

beckham.jpg

Support: Captain Carra and vice-captain Becks (pictured) vocal in support for Burrow

Preston's victory saw them close the gap on Fulham and Everton to just one point, but the danger of the relegation places still looms, with Millwall (17th) Villa (18th) and Pompey (19th) all winning leaving Preston still only three points away from the Division Two trapdoor.

M'baye Niang to Blackburn?

The highly talented striker from Crewe Alexandra is linked with a move to Blackburn,one of the best clubs in Championship and one of the best in England.Crewe boss didnt wanted to say more but he agreed about the negotiations between the 2 clubs for Niang.M'baye is wanted by many clubs but like many top youngsters did he'll more probably come to Blackburn because here's the home of youngsters,home to fullfit the potential,home where to grow up perfectly.Upfront he can learn a lot from Pazzini,who's a legend in Blackburn and for his national team.After Oxlade came to Blackburn and was a really big surprise for the big clubs now Blackburn prepare another surprise in the signing of M'baye Niang.The kid will get some gametime in our youth team,where we have over 100 players and maybe some gametime in reserves and after he'll be promoted to first team.The perfect word for him is 'wait' as he must wait till he'll fullfits his potential,a very good potential.Van Gaal,Blackburn manager asked to the boss about Niang and again the boss is trying to make Van Gaal happy and most probably he'll do it.Blackburn was like a deep but a full cash deep but this situation is on after Van Gaal took the team.Lets listen him about M'baye Niang:

Van Gaal:

Would be a perfect signing for youth team and for future of Blackburn.He's really talented and have all what he needs to become a future striker for us and for his national team.He'll have from where to learn,Pazzini and even Rodrigo and Guidetti,both got more experience then him.M'baye should improve in our team like every youngster do because here's their home as everybody is saying.I put all my faith in M'baye if we'll get the deal for h im,most probably will because Im a big admirator of M'baye.I wanted him in all my last clubs but couldnt agree a deal for him but now the Blackburn boss is transfering all players I want and I dont want him to fail on this one.Lets hope Blackburn will get M'baye because he wants to come in Blackburn and is much better for his bright future.

Like Van Gaal said we all wait M'baye to Blackburn because is better for his future and because he have a lot to learn from Blackburn stars.Lets listen M'baye:

If Blackburn and Crewe agree a deal for me would be a pleasure to play for Rovers and would be a pleasure to learn from Pazzini and even Guidetti and Rodrigo because both got more experience.I dont want to talk right now because isnt sure about my move but I want to go to Blackburn and no other club.Van Gaal is one of the best coach in the world and I already talked with him about the move.Lets hope DR.Sean will let me to go to Blackburn.

Like M'baye said he wants to go to Blackburn and we all know DR.Sean respect players opinion.

article-2030198-0D6B6AE000000578-768_468x305.jpg

Niang in action for Crewe

M'Baye Niang rumoured to be in Norwich

33ktyz8.jpg

When Niang is on form he often plays with his tongue out.

The young star is believed to have travelled to Norwich, and stayed in a local travelodge over the past week. It was earlier rumoured a move to blackburn might have been on the cards, yet Niang believed this to be false.

He told Norwichfc.com tonight:

I wish to go to Norwich. They want me and I want them. The women are beautiful, the food is amazing and the nightlife fantastic. I know the manager will allow me to sample all these delights and let me play at the same time. At Crewe I never played, and as a Frenchman this is hard for me. Here I will get opportunities, and will be a big personality. This personality will inspire the team to great performances.

Besides, Blackburn have Chamberlain and we do not get along. He will be picked before me, I know this. But why? He does nothing he is nothing. I am better and need to prove this. At Norwich I can, then I can play against him. That will be the challenge.

Niang joined Crewe for Uchibo in May 2011 and has not enjoyed his time there. He had this to say:

Sean is a great manager, this is known to all. But he has had babies recently and this has left me in the lurch. He hasn't been able to devote the time to progress my game sufficiently and I need a move. I wish him the best of luck, and all of Crewe. But Norwich is my future.

Big words indeed from the youngster. But the question remains, will he sign for Norwich? Reports are that a bid has indeed been lodged. Time will tell.

2ior2c.jpg

Niang's head has been down at Crewe recently.

Manager Bemoans Lack Of Fire Power

Bolton visited Vale Park on Wednesday night in a encounter which could be deemed the most bland match ever witnessed according to local and travelling supporters. Not only was the match stale the atmosphere was not any better with a half empty stadium the silence was deafening.

Bolton headed into the match without the injured Jerome Boateng who picked up a minor foot injury at the weekend defeat against bottom of the league Bradford. Also on the sidelines was new signing Mesut Ozil who despite passing a medical faces a lengthy spell without any action after a recurring injury cropped up but the medical staff have assured the club and player that after minor surgery the 23 year old should resume light training in a months time.

Port Vale had their own troubles to worry about as well as on loan M.Rodriguez from Bolton was out with bruised ribs had he been fit he likely would have started as there was no agreement between the clubs that he would be ineligible when the two clubs meet. Also watching from the stands was F.Belluschi who was seen hobbling to the players section behind the dugout in a cast and with crutches.

The line up

Port Vale------------------------------Bolton

1.De Gea-----------------------------1.M.Neuer

2.M.Dabo-----------------------------2.N.Subotic

3.L.Felipe-----------------------------3.M.Hummels

4.C.Smalling--------------------------4.H.Badstuber

5.Kana-Biyik--------------------------5.B.Howedes

6.M.Gonalons-------------------------6.C.Fuchs

7.T.Costa------------------------------7.T.Mueller

8.J.Verdu------------------------------8.N.Sahin

9.P.Osvaldo---------------------------9.L.Adriano

10 De La Cuevas---------------------10.H.Ganso

11.A.Jonhson-------------------------11.M.Reus

As the two Captains M.Reus and T.Costa shook hands the coin was flipped by the official and Port Vale got the nod to get the match going. The Valiants got the game under way and had kept possession well for the first 5 minutes so much so that the Wanderers support got on the backs of the players early as they clearly weren't happy with the early approach and lack of enthusiasm from the players to chase down the ball. The crowed jeered and the Greater Manchester club but it seemed to fire them up or at least it did Brazilian H.Ganso but maybe just a little to much as a vicious two footed tackle on T.Costa saw him see red in more ways than one and was swiftly removed from the field of play as Costa was stretchered off.

With nearly 20 minutes gone Bolton were now enjoying their share of possession despite being a man down and it wasn't long before the deadlock was broken. C.Fuchs who has never been out of form for The Trotters since making his switch from Hull pounced on loose ball on the left wing and without any support decided to try his luck after beating M.Dabo and C.Smalling for pace curled in a left foot strike past De Gea which the keeper never looked like getting to.

10 minutes before half time both sides had their chances with M.Reus making a run towards the near post to meet a finely executed cross from C.Fuchs only to see his effort go narrowly wide of the post.

De La Ceuvas then showed great athleticism to out jump H.Badstuber played a one two with M.Gonalons which left B.Howedes stranded but his finishing wasn't up to par as he shot straight into the arms of M.Neuer which would be

Port Vales only shot on target in entire game.

As the second kicked off there were a change for Bolton up front as the manager had seen enough but there was little improvement from S.Pepe who replaced L.Adriano. The Italian who is more suited to a wide role was deployed along side M.Reus but neither could come up with the goods to the Scotsmans frustration and had him wondering why he let top scorer G.Higuian depart.

On the hour mark McCandless who like Friel was wondering why no-one could manage to find the target when there was clear opportunities for both sides so it was time for a change and A.Johnson was removed and brought on in his place Floro Flores but alas could not the impact expected by his manager.

Finally it happened a second goal for Bolton on the 84th minute but not by a striker but again from the midfield as M.Hummels long ball was latched onto by Nuri Sahin who lost his marker and before he could be closed down struck low past De Gea to end Vales chance of at least snatching a point.

In truth a lackluster performance from both sides a match that certainly wont go down in history for it's entertainment but one that was marred with a horror tackle and dire finishing and one I didn't enjoy reporting on.

Neither manager was available for comment after the match.

Man of the match N.Sahin

Official attendance 10,138

Aleksandr Kokorin instead of Niang?

The links said now Blackburn are after Kokorin and not Niang.The highly talented striker from Russia,future of Russia is now the main target for Blackburn and for the Rovers boss.Van Gaal said he wants him and the boss will get him.Kokorin is a part of Crewe youth system but nobody cant refuse Blackburn youth system with players like Gotze,Lucas and many others,I dont think we need to say more anyway.Kokorin would love to learn the job from Pazzini,the living legend in Blackburn.Kokorin already made his debut in Russian NT and is looking foward to a move to Blackburn to become a star because here in Rovers youth system everybody have a future because Rovers have the best youth system from England and maybe in the world and we can say why,because players like: Guidetti,Gotze,Lucas,Eriksen,Oxlade and is already enough even if we can put a whole page with names choosen to play for Blackburn and to create their future for ever at Rovers because Van Gaal contract is for life at Blackburn and the players will not leave ever.Kokorin is know for his magical touch and its asimilated with Messi style.He's nickname is ''Russian Messi'' and Blackburn are after a new Messi.

Van Gaal about Kokorin:

Its a pleasure to have him in my team and I wanted him instead of Niang after I had a think and a dream about Aleksandr.I think Kokorin is made for our system and will fit perfectly for us in future.He'll be in competition with Rodrigo and Guidetti for the places in first team in future.A player like kokorin cant be ignored by us and especially by me because Im a big fan of him and I put my head for his potential especially if he can learn from somebody like Pazzini.

Kokorin about his move to Blackburn:

Would be a pleasure to choose me instead of Niang and would be a pleasure to be a part of Blackburn youth system and to be in the same team with players like Pazzini and even Guidetti and Rodrigo because I'll start my adventure at Blackburn from youth team like everybody do but will get higher in future.Louis is a brilliant coach who know how to increase players morale and even to increase their abillity and technique.He's a super-coach and for me is one of the best in the world or even the best.Blackburn boss did everything what Van Gaal wanted and lets just take a look at Rovers...a superb team is all what we can say.

AleksandrKokorin.jpg

Kokorin after a goal for Crewe

SoccermanagerTimescopy.jpg

Lulic snubbed 'huge' offers to join Chesterfield

x350.jpg

Midfielder Senad Lulic claims he shunned "very lucrative" offers in order to join

Division 4 side Chesterfield. Lulic, 26, signed a four-year contract with the

Spireites in January.

"I had the chance to join a bigger club but the manager (Dean Bryant) and

the club's vision have convinced me that I have made the right choice for my

career."

The Bosnia & Herzegovina international has probably produced his best form at

Chesterfield over the past few weeks, playing a pivotal role in home victories

over Luton Town and Rushden & Diamonds.

Guti set for Chesterfield exit

Jose_Maria_Gutierrez_Guti_segundo.jpg

Guti warming the bench most of the season.

Dean Bryant has confirmed Chesterfield veteran Jose Maria Guti is set to leave

B2net Stadium in the near future.

Guti, who cost £4.4 million from Preston North End last season, has found

first-team places difficult to come by since the arrival of the new skipper Jean

Makoun earlier this season.

And after their 2-1 defeat to Northampton Town, Bryant confirmed the former

Spain international is set to leave before the season ends.

"His concern is not getting first-team football," said Bryant. "At 35, he is

looking at first-team football. It is difficult for me to gaurantee that so it

could lead to him looking elsewhere."

Guti's contract is due to expire at the end of Season 16 and they expect a

decent offer to come. However, the Spireites hierarchy know they would get

more than what they paid for last season, with a few clubs already showing

their interest to acquire his services.

"We have heard a number of clubs enquiring about him and we would be

considering any offers that come in," added Bryant. "I would be happy if he

stays as a mentor for our younger players but he prefers to keep on playing

regularly."

Bryant confirmed Guti is again set to miss out against Leicester City as

Chesterfield look to keep their impressive home record this season, saying "He

could play tomorrow but I have good options in terms of central midfield

players with Jean Makoun, Borges Romulo, Aleksandr Sapeta and Diego Valeri."

Chesterfield not interested in Sammarco

Paolo_Sammarco_570720.jpg

Chesterfield vice chairman David Jones has rejected speculation that the club

could sign Paolo Sammarco from Sampdoria this season as Guti's replacement.

Sammarco, a long-term target of Leyton Orient, appears certain to leave

Sampdoria for English Championship with Plymouth Argyle, Notts County and

QPR also tracking the player.

Jones insists Chesterfield already have strength in that area and they have no

interest in the Italian midfielder.

"I've read stories, but we already have three excellent players in his role,"

Jones said. "Jean Makoun, Borges Romulo and Diego Valeri are doing well and

we are therefore well covered in that area. However, we might look at

younger prospect if Guti leaves the club."

Notts County Financial Update

We'd like to chose today to update the fans from our last financial report which was released six months ago,as a club we feel it's been best to continue to boost our cash reserves whilst still performing strongly on the pitch,as it currently stands our cash reserves stand at £53.5 Million which is up £18.5 Million from the last financial report,this has been due to the cash sales of Federico Macheda,Emmanuel Riviere,Kevin Monnet-Paquet,Armand Traore,Gabriel Obertan,Yohan Mollo and Thomas Bendiksen.

However this has still been offset by the arrivals of Mathias Autret,Matthias Ostrozlek,Jacob Butterfield,Daniel Agger,Jonjo Shelvey,Connor Ripley and Jak Alnwick,we feel with these deals we've struck the right balance of improving the squad overall and improving financially as well,Whilst more players will be moved on over the next few weeks we'd like to clarify that this won't affect the first team,we currently have 49 players at the club and we feel a few can be moved on whilst not affecting the first team and also having a good amount of youngsters who can one day challenge for a first team place.

We'd also like to state that we don't want to have good financial stability if it was to compromise the first team in any way shape or form,but we feel that having the cash there can actually be of benefit to the first team,a perfect example of that would be Daniel Agger who joined from Blackburn in close season,since his joined we believe his been a fantastic acquisition and been a key reason to our strong defensive record,when the right player does come up we will make the funds available to bid on the player whether that be internally or externally,however were still not prepared to overpay to get a player just for the sake of it and we'll try our best to get the best deals possible for the club.

Were also looking to reduce our wage bill to less than £1 Million per week and to reduce it to a more sustainable level for the long term of the club,we'd like to reduce the amount of money we lose week upon week where possible and not put ourselves in a bad financial position in the future and to become sustainable for the long term.