competitions this campaign, attracting the interest of several higher tier

clubs such as Southend United and Millwall. And Chesterfield vice chairman

wants to warn them away from the 21-year-old by rejecting any lucrative

offers that came in.

"If we want to improve, then we have to keep our key players in the squad,"

he told The Soccer Manager Times. "We will turn down any offers, simple as

that. He know that we really value him here, and he feels happy here too."

Chesterfield manager Dean Bryant are keen to keep Romulo for his current and

future plan to build the club like he did when he was at Charlton Athletic.

"He (Romulo) knows that our vision is to push this club to the next level and

he wants to be part of it," Bryant said. "My style of developing players

and building a club has never change and I want to show that my success

at Charlton is just not about luck."

Guest drseanfitz

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

robinlodakatemiaviikko2.jpg

Crewe today confirmed the signing of 18 year old Finnish midfielder Robin Lod from HJK for a fee of £590k

imageashxe.jpg

Lod made his debut for the Finish champions last October, and scored the 3rd goal in their 4-1 victory over MyPa. He has since featured heavily in the pre-season league cup, and was expected to take a starting position for the coming season prior to his move.

Crewe manager Sean has long been a fan of the young Fin, and made a rapid move to secure him when he was made available yesterday

cxH_Po2ULtk

4Nz1m8en4kA

• 3 weeks later...

Mick McCarthy sacked as Wolves manager.

19184824.jp_.jpg

McCarthy knew his sack was imminent.

Wolves have sacked boss Mick McCarthy following poor form over the last two seasons.

McCarthy has been in charge at Molineux since July 2009 but his side have won only five of their last 10 matches.

"Mick McCarthy has done a fantastic job but if we continued in this way we were definitely going to be relegated," said Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey.

"The trend was only going one way and when we lost 1-0 at home to Walsall we had to act," he added.

"This has been a decision we've taken with a heavy heart but we have to act in the best interests of the club," Moxey told Sky Sports News.

"We've had brilliant times with Mick McCarthy and it is sad it has come to an end. But I'm sure it won't be long before he's back in management.

"We now have to prepare for tommorow's game against Leicester but we should look to appoint a manager within a week, which is enough time and to turn our fortunes around."

McCarthy said: "I feel we've achieved a lot, both for me personally and as a club.

"I really feel it is a privilege to have managed such a great club and I've had the best of times.

"I want to send my best wishes to everybody and also to the new guy that comes in - and to everyone. Please stay up!"

Some fans vented their anger towards the directors' box during the match and a couple of hundred demonstrated outside the ground long after the final whistle.

Bookmakers making former Liverpool boss
Rafael Benitez
and ex-West Ham United manager
Alan Curbishley
favourites to replace McCarthy.

rafa-benitez_1631229c.jpg

Could he be on his way to Molineux?

• 4 weeks later...

200px-Reading_FC.svg.png

stock-photo-3924684-business-people-shaking-hands.jpg

Beckett Signed By Reading Chairman!

In the erly houers of this morning League 1 side Reading FC named English man Mattuie Beckett there full time coach, the young coach has a great background too his name with 26 cups in his time as a coach and the clubs chairman is hoping for big things form the young English man. The new coach has been forced in too not signing a single player, he has too deal with the clubs dept as well as trying too win them promotion this season. Reading who sit just inside the play offs positions on goal differance know a loss could spell there chances this time around, coach Beckett who is known for his work with smaller teams will be hoping for big things from his star names but with news already leeked over the Portsmouth fan base that French star Dimitri Payet will not be extending his one year deal witch runs out the end of the season and will be joining the south cost championship side, fans are saying has Beckett taken a big step in taking over this club.

27959.jpg1865_1321844057.jpg

It's Not All Doom And Gloom!

There has been some good news for the fans too look forword too Robbie Keane and Thiago Navas will be joining up with Reading FC with also a sum of 5.5 million too wipe the deat at the club clear, manager Beckett has said it was a real hard chose on the deal, Payet was not willing too take a pay cut with us so we had too sell. I am in high hopes for Keane too prove his worth here and Navas is a nice replacment for the French star. Fans of the club have said this is a solid deal for our team Keane has played 335 games getting 106 goals we hope he can improve this hear, and with a coach like Beckett you never know what could happen.

2196.jpg

12426926220.jpg

Manager Sacked As Beckett Steps In!

In more shocking news World Cup hosts Korea Republic have named young English coach Beckett there full time manager, the side who sit 2nd in there group need a win in there final game too make it too there home World Cup but the fans are asking why now in sacking there coach who has done a good job. Mattuie Beckett has said he has high hopes for this NT and he is hoping the first step will be too make it too this years World Cup.

Portsmouth Call Press Conference

skysportsnews.png

SKY SPORTS are heading straight to Fratton Park now...

pressconference.jpg

Portsmouth Manager Stephen Partington has broke the news of Two major transfers taking place at this very minute.

Deal One

sees the arrival of 3 new stars...

IN

Simon Kjaer

kjaer.jpg

Artem Dzuyba

dzuyba.jpg

Marc Bartra

Bartra.jpg

Out

Thibault Courtois + Cash

Courtois.jpg

We wish Thibault all the best at his new club, With the emergence of Ter Stegen to rival him for the No.1 it was in the clubs best intrests to let him establish himself as a new No.1 elsewhere.

The arrivals of Kjaer,Dzuyba+Bartra will boost the depth here at Portsmouth.

DEAL TWO

IN

Dimitry Payet

Payet.jpg

OUT

Robbie Keane

Keane.jpg

Thiago Neves

Neves.jpg

plus cash.

Dimitry is the attacking option we have been after and although we are giving up two for him we feel its in the clubs best intrests to proceed.

Thanks to Norwich and to Reading for my first two deals in EC106.

Burrow keen to draw line under disappointing season

Preston manager James Burrow has revealed to the press today that he will be glad for Season 15 to be coming to an end in a weeks time, with what has been a very disappointing season for the Lilywhites nearly costing the experienced manager his job.

The pre-season promotion contenders have found themselves in the bottom half for virtually all season, with only their recent five match unbeaten run pulling them to safety with games to spare. Big money moves for the likes of Diego Forlan and Andy Carroll have struggled to live up to their reputation, with Carroll missing the last portion of the season through injury. Preston's leaky defence has been a major cause for concern, only keeping 8 clean sheets all season and neither Marco Amelia or Michel Vorm managing to hold down a regular first team place. In what has become a regular occurrence for Preston, Stevan Jovetic leads the goal-scoring chart with a measly 10 goals, however when compared with Danny Sturridge's 16 goals for Newcastle, he could easily have won the Golden Boot.

With Burrow set to remain at the helm for Season 16, he outlined his plans for pre-season, his first full preseason since retirement from international management:

"It's been a tough season, for sure. Finishing third last season set us a massive target, and while the teams around us have improved, we have stayed at the same level, which is something you cant afford to do at this level. Players like Forlan and Carroll have taken time to adjust to the team, but when we were scrapping for our Division Two lives, we cant afford to test-drive new players, we need experienced players capable of delivering the goods. Fortunately we have Jovetic, Bale and captain Becks to pull us through. For once we've ended a season on good form, for next season I hope we can maintain good form across the full season."

Preston's transfer front has been cause for frustration for Preston's fans, with the only transfer being Charlie Adam out for 'squad-player' Dennis Aogo. Moves for Martin Skrtel, Clint Dempsey, Jordan Henderson and Naldo have proven futile and the list of future departees from Preston remains long, with no buyers.

Preston still have a big part to play in the promotion race, facing Bristol City this Saturday followed by joint-second placed Newcastle on the final day. James promises to filed his strongest side for these last two games in a hope of finishing in the top half, something that looked an impossibility at the half-way point of the season.

Goals galore at Deepdale as Preston take the points

Preston pulled off one of the shock results of the weekend after defeating play-off chasing Bristol City 4-0 at Deepdale.

The result was Preston's largest winning margin in the league this season, and their 9th clean sheet in the league. Stephane Sessegnon scored his first goal for the club, with Gareth Bale, David Beckham and Dani Gastaldello ading to the scoresheet. However the hero of the night with Dutch goalkeeper Michel Vorm, who produced an inspired performance to keep Bristol City out, producing a wonder save to prevent Milan Jovanovic pulling one back in the second half, amongst several other brilliant saves.

The result ends Bristol City's faint hopes of play-off football, while Preston could finish in the top half with a victory over title-chasing Newcastle. Preston manager James Burrow reserved special praise for his goalie, and outlined his intentions to take the game to Newcastle on Wednesday:

"This performance has been well overdue, and it is a shame that the season ends on Wednesday as we have started a good run of form late on in the season. If my facts are correct, I believe we are in the top three in the form table, which was hard to imagine a few months ago when we couldn't win for toffee! Tonight's performance may stand out due to it being a goal-fest, but lets not overlook the performance of Michel Vorm. He's come in for a bit of stick this season and initially found it hard to secure the 1st team gloves, but that performance is tribute to the effort he has been putting into training and the previous matches. He has gone some way to securing first team status for next season, but the job is not done yet. We welcome a title-chasing Newcastle to Deepdale for the final game and rest-assured we won't be parking the bus! Our fans deserve to watch us finish the season exactly how we have played already, not ultra defensive. Newcastle will be keen to avenge their 4-0 defeat tonight and they have goals throughout the team, including a few former players of mine, Kranjcar and Nilmar."

James refused to go into transfer speculation, however it is rumoured that captain David Beckham has agreed a one-year extension to his rolling contract.

Jurado hits out!

jose-manuel-jurado_235054.jpg

José Manuel Jurado has today hit out at manager Rafael Benitez after being placed on the transfer list. Having spent 7 years at the club, scoring 41 goals - Benitez feels that his time is up at Molineux. Clubs such as Shorpe United are reported to be interested with a bid submitted to be around £25 million pounds. It is believed that Wolverhampton are looking for £30 million, but are considering the Shorpe bid. New Shorpe manager 'BaDaBoom' was quoted saying that "Jurado is top quality" and "He would do everything in his power to sign him".

"I can't believe that I have been listed. Players can feel what the manager thinks about them, and I know that the manager doesn't count on me these days,” Jurado told Spanish newspaper Sport Express. Therefore, something must change.I don't know whether Benitez is telling the truth when he says he doesn't want me. I guess he is telling the truth".

RICHARDSON LOOKS FOR BIG PERFORMANCE ON LAST DAY DECIDER

6231.JPG

Brentford head towards the final day of the season inside the playoff positions and an away fixture at Leyton Orient who are still gunning for the title. Richardson watched his side capitulate in similair circumstances last season and has publically called on his players to show the determination and spirit required to get a result on Wednesday night and give his side a chance to make it to division two with two one off matches.

Brentford are realistically punching above their weight in the division at times considering their squad, sitting 5th in the league is a very good achievement. In fact, consistently Brentford are finding themselves as playoff contenders each season. Considering not much money is available to be used, the unity between the squad and the experience Richardson brings to the table is clearly a strong partnership at the club. This will be needed more than ever if a victory that would make a playoff spot secure come Wednesday night. The last time the sides met at this ground, Brentford did win the game 1-0 and Richardson admits he would bite your hand off for another 1-0 win.

319136_1.jpg

Brentford Boss Richardson Looking For Inspiration During Their 2-1 Loss To Carlisle

Of course we would be delighted with a scrappy 1-0. At the end of the day, it is a strange circumstance where we could draw and not make it but lose and still make it. It makes little sense for us to do anything except try to win the game. I couldn't possibly set my team up for a point then hope results go our way. I think all the way to 10th can make the frame which means a lot of teams that a lot of managers will need to keep an eye on. It's also a tussle at the top for the title so it's a great advert for Division 3. I think we have done well to be considered playoff candidates so regularly and I can't give the players enough credit for their efforts and I hope they don't let themselves and the fans down by turning in a poor display and missing out like we did last season.

Fans will not want reminded of last season where Brentford fell at the last day of the season having occuppied the final playoff spot for so long in the season. However there is a real danger of it happening with six sides competing for two spots.Brentford will be looking to their usual suspects for goal inspiration with Theo Janssen and Cacau looking to be the major threats. Milan Baros has had a quiet season for once in a Brentford shirt but who's to say this isn't his moment to step up to the plate and show why he is such a fans favourite down Griffin Park way? One thing is certain, there will be drama once again on another thrilling last day decider.

Preston see out season with victory over Magpies

Newcastle's hopes of automatic promotion were ended by a spirited performance by Preston North End at Deepdale, with the Lilywhites running out 1-0 winners.

Division Two's in-form team took an early lead through Danny Welbeck, the 21 year old staking a late claim for a call-up to England's World Cup squad. The score remained the same for the duration of the game, with Preston withstanding heavy pressure towards the end of the game, with Michel Vorm continuing his good form from the 4-0 drubbing of Bristol City at the weekend. Despite not getting on the scoresheet, former Magpie Andy Carroll put in arguably his best performance of his Preston career, despite a chorus of boos from the away section.

Preston's late surge of form was not enough for them to finish in the top 10, after Bristol City avenged their 4-0 loss with a 3-0 victory over Portsmouth, who survived relegation by goal difference. Newcastle's defeat was made all the more agonising by Watford's 3-2 defeat against Barnsley, a single point would have been enough to be promoted in 2nd place. As it stands, Newcastle will have to face the agony of the play-offs, finishing 3rd, as did Preston last season.

After the game, Preston manager James Burrow spoke of his relief that the season is over, his disappointment at not reaching the top half, and the club's transfer policy over the break:

"With that victory, we finished top of the form table over the past 6 games. Im happy with the performances of late, but we should have been fighting for promotion, and that takes more than 6 good games. It's a pity we couldnt finish in the top half but 11th is a decent finish for a club in serious danger of going down. I will be glad to sit down and actually have a break this pre-season. In the past, 'break' has meant World Cups, transfer frenzy, and I've hardly had time to myself. Without the distraction of continental football, I will have the time to drum up a plan of action for next season, where I promise the fans we will finish higher up.

This break will probably see more outs than ins. The wage budget became a serious problem this past year, and we have to many squad players on high money. Of course this doesnt mean a fire-sale at the club, just if players are wanting more money or more first team football, I wont deny therm that. Dani (Gastaldello) wanted to play more now he is in the prime of his career, so I let him leave. Marco (Amelia) is being wasted on the bench, he is in the unfortunate situation of being at a club with 2 or 3 great keepers. If he does leave, he will leave with my utmost thanks, he was the keeper which took us to the top flight, and he will be known for that for years to come."

On the transfer front, Preston have completed the signing of winger Nathan Dyer from Cypriot club Anorthosis. He has been tipped for a senior England call-up in the future, and is likely to replace teen sensation Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, who will return to Blackburn in the next few weeks. Kevin Doyle leaves for Cyprus, while Dani Gastaldello has already left for Reading. Midfielder Joey Barton is set to leave the club on a free transfer after his contract was not renewed.

Guest drseanfitz

already done the big goodbye, so here's a little one.

been great lads but time is definitely up. will still be around though, but mainly customs.

can I just leave you with one suggestion(you obviously don't have to take me up on it)

don't hover on those job offers, and don't offer them to people who are probably not interested, at least one unmanaged side is in the play-offs, and close season is a great time to take on a new club for the new blood

24gvz2q.gif

BREAKING NEWS!:

Rumour's are flying round that Nottingham Forest may be be about to risk signing Michael Owen.

Michael has been axed by James Burrow at Preston, after only being involved in two matches this season. Owen is has not been at his best since he left Madrid, but Forest manager feels Owen still has the hunger in his belly to help push for the play offs this season.

The City Ground may soon be Owens new home ground.

Some fans hope the rumours are true:

"I hope he can do it for us I really do' date=' but he just seems to have past his best before date."[/quote']
"He would be a great signing for Forest but' date=' i really cannot see the deal happening."[/quote']
"Yes i would like to see Owen join us here. I feel Forest's coaching staff would be able to bump start Michael Owen. If he does join us he could be our goal machine to fire us to the playoffs."

Leon Britton joins Wolves!

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

Leon Britton has completed his move back to Division 1, seven months after walking out on club Swansea City.

The 29-year-old has agreed a two-and-a-half year deal with Wolves. It's understood to be a £5m transfer.

Midfielder Britton ended his eight-year stay at Swansea in June 2010 to join PSV after his contract expired.

"It was a mistake and I should never have left Swansea," admitted Britton.

"Hindsight is a wonderful thing and none of us would make any mistakes if we knew what was ahead of us.

"Last season at PSV wasn't the most enjoyable for me, on or off the field. I wasn't enjoying my football as I had in previous seasons.

"I felt at the end of that season I needed a new challenge. I spoke to the gaffer, and he said it would be best if I left the club"

"Wolves contacted me and I accepted straight away, It's great to back in Division 1"

Britton's departure from Swansea last summer was not a huge shock at the time.

His relationship with former Swans boss Paulo Sousa was strained ever since Sousa publicly revealed in December 2009 that Britton had not signed "the best contract in the history of the club".

Beckham key to Preston's future

Preston manager James Burrow has lavished praise on 37 year old captain David Beckham, after the Lilywhites finished top of the form table over the last six games of last season and were unfortunate to lose to Division One champions Manchester United on Wednesday night, a match in which former Red Devil Beckham scored Preston's only goal.

Beckham inherited the captains armband from Jamie Carragher early on in the season, and went on to play 30 games for the Lancashire side. His goals tally of 7 goals placed him third in Preston's goalscorers behind Jovetic (10) and Bale (9) with his skill with the dead ball contributing to the majority of his goals. Burrow, who formerly managed the England national side, believes the 37 year old's exclusion from international football has benefitted his career, managing 30+ games for the past 3 seasons at Preston and Rochdale:

"Since moving from out-wide to in-field, David has been an integral part of the side. His passing both short and long has been superb, and with a very attacking midfield, its good having someone back to break down any attacks. We havent had such a player since Scotty Parker ages back, and with youngsters like Rodwell and Mutch, we are covered for the future."

The player himself has rubbished talks of retirement, after the club only offered him a one year extension to his contract which was set to expire this close-season:

"Retirement is not on my mind. I'm playing some of the best football of my career, for a great team and under one of the best managers in a generation. I've been lucky enough to play under both Burrow and (Elliot) Sutcliffe at both club and international level, and I think my career has benefitted from their management. I have no qualms with only being offered one year deals, I've had bad injuries before and I understand if the club don't want to take a gamble on a long term deal only for me to suffer an injury, but I feel as fit as I've ever been, and there's no reason for me to be hanging up the boots yet."

James has also expressed his frustration at the lack of transfer activity over the close season. Preston have actively looked to sell up to 10 squad players, yet have not received an offer for any, only selling Gastaldello, Adam, Owen and Doyle. Burrow has revealed that talks are in place to see Diego Forlan and Thierry Henry depart the club, but that the deal is being held up by the World Cup:

"Diego's 33 and this might be his last chance at a top international tournament. But with football being a performance-based industry, hopefully the interested parties still want to go ahead with the deal, I noticed he didnt start Uruguays match against France."

Planus off to Colchester in squad clearout!

138308_13678347_460x306.jpg

Wolves's Marc Planus has told Sky Sports News that he will be leaving Wolves with immediate effect. The former club trainee of Bordeaux, who joined the club in 2009 for £11.5m, has one year left on his current deal at Molineux. But the 30-year-old today announced that he will not a sign a contract extension, and instead leave the club and go to Colchester.

"I have one year remaining on my contract, but I don't think I am part of the club's future. I would like to thank everybody at the club for their great support and wish them the best in the future. The Gaffer (James Chettle) told me this morning the club had accepted a bid from Colchester for £9.5m." explained Planus.

"Je tiens à remercier Govou dans le staff pour tout son soutien et des conseils. Dieu vous bénisse!"

Preston's defence in need of work according to former PNE great

Former Preston defender Sean Gregan warned the Lilywhites that they must improve at the back if they want to return to the top flight.

Last season has been viewed as a disappointment, with only a late season surge of wins seeing Preston finish nearer the top half. Preston finished the season with a goal difference of exactly zero, while six of Preston's fourteen league losses being decided by a single goal.

Gregan is credited with legendary status around Deepdale, the defender clocking up over 200 appearances for the Lilywhites between 1997 and 2002. In an interview with the Lancashire Evening Post, the 38 year old expressed his concerns with the state of Preston's back-line, which is often overlooked given the attacking prowess preached by experienced manager James Burrow:

"Preston have always been known as an attacking side. Nobody wants to come to watch a team of players trying to grind out a 1-0 win or hold the better sides to a 0-0. For that I congratulate Preston and their manager. However what's often missed is how many of Preston's goals conceded could have been prevented. Preston could have had an extra six points had those 1-goal margins been draws, that would have got them into the play-offs. Towards the end of the season, Michel Vorm was in fine form in goal, but even the best professionals have off-days, and on those days, you need your men in front to be solid. I think that comes down in part to players chopping and changing in the starting eleven. Last season, Jamie Carragher was the most ever-present defender, but beside him he's had Heinze, Gastaldello, Campagnaro and Huth. Centre-back partners have to trust each other and if your partner changes every week, then how can you trust them."

Meanwhile in transfer news, Preston target Dmitry Kombarov has rejected the chance of a move to the north-west, choosing a move to Doncaster Rovers for a fee rumoured to be around the £10m mark plus incentives. The Russian international had been earmarked for a move to Deepdale as a solution to the problem left-back slot, however with this latest snub, Preston have been forced to look elsewhere.

In other news, Preston manager James Burrow has been spotted in South Korea watching over England's 6-1 demolition of Iraq, where full-back Glen Johnson played and Danny Welbeck didnt make it on to the pitch. Burrow has also been spotted around England's training camp, prompting speculation of a potential signing within the England camp.

Burrow set on starting XI for new season

Speaking from South Korea, Preston manager James Burrow has hinted that he is sure of what his starting XI will be come the first league fixture against Chelsea this Saturday, however he is still open to change.

Burrow has been a guest at England's training camp and has been spectating all of England's World Cup matches, the latest a remarkable penalties victory over old rivals Portugal after the match finished 2-2 after 120 minutes. Yesterday it was reported that Leicester City had rejected Preston's offer for England star Frank Lampard, who has yet to appear for the Three Lions this tournament. Burrow confirmed that he had been in informal talks with Lampard, but that no offer had been discussed.

JB "We've got quite a tough draw regarding the fixture list, Chelsea were relegated down to Division 2 and are amongst one of the favourites to gain promotion or even win the whole thing! It certainly wont be easy, Chelsea should not be playing at this level with the likes of Tevez, Gomez and Drogba. But we have a plan to stop them, and barring any injuries or last minute transfer dealings, I'm comfortable on wwhat my starting team should be. We have a friendly on Wednesday to try out alternatives, but I would like to give the majority of my starting team match practice after whats been a long close-season."

On Lampard:

JB: "I have had the odd word with Frank but that in no way resembles contract talks or anything. I am a big fan of Frank's and he is a model professional in a world where some footballers, not naming names, would rather sit on the bench collecting bucketloads of cash rather than play. Frank is a bit frustrated at losing his place in the England setup, but vows to do his best for whatever club he plays for in order to win his place back."

Preston's first transfer dealing of the new season sees Spanish starlet Jon Aurtenetxe join the Lilywhites from Huddersfield Town. The Basque defender has been brought in in the hope of being the solution to what has been dubbed the 'problem left-back position.' Preston have also been linked with a loan bid to bring Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain back to Deepdale after a relatively successful spell there last season.

200px-Reading_FC.svg.png

Football_-_Premier__649334t.jpg

Demba Ba Too Lead Reading's Front Line Too Championship!

The new season is just a few days away now but one of the most talked about teams in League One football over the past few weeks has too have been Reading FC. After being knocked out of the play offs there coach was quick too spend and signed none over then Senegal star Demba Ba, the 27 year old who has played 219 games for Ipswitch and Blackburn has said he hopes too make a new light for him self he turned down talks with teams like Everton too join the League One side and he has today came out saying he can only see promotion as a opption for there coach. Beckett has came out saying names like Diaby, Ba, Del Moral and De Marcoss will not be happy in this league another season and if promotion dose not happen there could be a full over turn of the squad witch could see relagation next time around, we need too go up we have too not only for the club but the fans this is a top league side and the Championship is our aim this season.

Lampard looking to leave the Walkers

In-demand England international Frank Lampard has made his strongest indication that he wants to leave, after criticising the clubs decision to sell Bobby Zamora.

Lampard was speaking the morning after the Three Lions disappointing 5-2 drubbing at the hands of Italy, bringing to an end a disappointing tournament for the former Chelsea and West Ham player, who amassed a grand total of zero minutes for his country in this years World Cup.

Bobby Zamora's agent confirmed a switch to Argentine side Huracan in the early hours of the morning, Leicester's second highest top scorer last season with 9 goals costing a measly £6m. Old pals from their days at West Ham, Lampard was amongst one of the first to come out in opposition to his clubs decision, questioning whether who will be putting the ball in the back of the net next season:

"Personally I think it was a stupid decision, more financially based than football based. Bobby is a great all-round footballer who has the height to head home but the finesse to score with his feet, which you dont often get together. I think the club are going to live to rue this ill-fated decision, because Ronnie (Ronaldinho) and Sturridge are good professionals but I cant see them scoring any more than Bobby."

Lampard has many potential suitors looking for his signature should he be made available, with Preston North End being the only club to have had a concrete offer rejected. Lampard flies home with the England squad tomorrow morning, ahead of the start of the new season, where he is suspended for the first game.

In other news, Preston's players will be 'pretty in pink' tonight as their new third strip is unveiled away at Millwall. The pink strip is a first for the Northwest club, and replaces the red kit worn just once last season. The away shirt also has a touch of pink, with the old black kit replaced with a navy shirt and shorts with pink trim. The kit has had mixed reviews, with some fans feeling alienated by the striking feminine tone, while others have criticised the debut of the kit at a ground famous for being home to the leagues worst conducted fans. However at the kits launch, manager James Burrow and captain David Beckham were happy with the new shirt, whilst also explaining the reasoning behind it:

JB: "I like the new kits! The choice of colours are decided without my consent and I think they got it right. For those who dont like a all-pink shirt, theres an all-white home one or the new navy one with a little bit of pink. Sales of the shirts will go towards St Catherine's Hospice and the Katy Holmes Trust."

DB: "It's certainly a change to the usual kits you see. But I like it, and importantly for a footballer, it feels right. Hopefully the club raises a lot of money for charity and with these kits we can get back into the top flight this season."

(Picture coming soon)

Wolves announce Burger king kit deal!

kurrrrrrrrrrrr.png

Wolverhampton Wanderers have announced that they have entered a new partnership with Burger King ahead of the coming season.

BK, whose existing portfolio consists of mainly Spanish club Getafe, will become WWFC's official partner for all technical and performance kit and training wear from the start of June 2012.

The new partnership has been formed in collaboration with WWFC's current retail partner, Errea.

All kit and training wear will feature Errea performance fabrics' ClimaCool and ClimaLite technology, a mixture of heat and moisture controlling materials, ventilation channels and 3D fabrics which improve air flow to the skin and in key heat zones.

WWFC Manager Rafa Benitez said: "We are delighted to welcome Burger King as an official partner of Wolves. Our aim is to increase Wolves's international profile and, as one of the world leaders in their field, we are very much looking forward to working with the dynamic team at Errea and Burger King."

El Guaje set for Blackburn

villa1.jpg

One of the best strikers in the world,El Guaje is now the star of Blackburn along with his mate,Cesc Fabregas.Blackburn is the 5th team in his career,he played so far at Fulham,Everton,Arsenal,Man United and his final destination is Blackburn.He played 381 matches,scoring 164 goals and netting 115 assists.He's looking to help Blackburn to promote this season and Blackburn team is finally ready as they have a top striker aswell.David Villa is Spain main striker and for sure one of their top stars.He'll become the top scorer for Blackburn,no doubt about this because he have his mate to help him,Fabregas and for sure he have other top players to help him,like: Gotze,Eriksen.The spaniard will have a full stadium at his debut and a special atmosphere just for him,he deserve it for sure.Villa will be the main player for Rovers and he have to score more then 15 goals next season.More to come after he'll come at first training.

Preston off to great start with victory over Blues

Preston North End produced an inspired possessive display to see off last seasons relegated side Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

5,000 Lilywhites fans made the long trip down to London to watch their side beat the Blues 1-0 thanks to a first half penalty from captain David Beckham. This was despite Preston being reduced to 10 men early on in the first half, Stephane Sessegnon seeing red for a stupid kick-out at Pepe, although the Portuguese defender did make a meal of it. Despite the numerical disadvantage, Preston still took the game to Chelsea, with frontman Andy Carroll in inspiring form, and goalie Michel Vorm hardly called into action, despite Drogba and Tevez both starting for the home side.

Preston manager James Burrow said after the game that he refused to get carried away with what is just one out of 38 games this league season, but that performances like that on a regualr basis would be encouraging. He refused to comment on Sessegnon's red card, which will see the Benin midfielder miss Preston's next three matches.

Preston's opening victory sees them occupy 6th place, with North-West rivals Blackburn top on goal difference. Chelsea strt the season in the bottom three.

Nuri Sahin complete Blackburn team

nuri-sahin-zeigt-liebe-zu-borussia-dortmund_485x3641.jpg

Blackburn was disperately after a Central midfielder after they solved their problems in attack with David Villa.They solved this problem with a quality midfielder and one with amazing potential,Nuri Sahin.Bolton is refreshing their team and Blackburn was after some of their players from ages and now they had the chance to sign another ex-bundesliga player.Nuri Sahin played 36 games scored 11 and netted 8 assists last season.In this season he played just 1 game.He'll make a strong partnership in the midfield along with Gotze and Fabregas.Blackburn team is perfect now and fans,boss and especially the manager is 100% happy with his squad.A super transfer for Blackburn,a quality midfielder coming in.Capoue will make the bench after he was the only DM in the team.Now with Sahin coming Capoue will make the bench and being the main sub for our defence.If Blackburn want to play an offensive team they can just put Eriksen in Capoue/Sahin position,thats mean 3 AM's in the midfield which is just in some special cases.Sahin technique,vision and passing skills are absolutely amazing and he have everything he wants,especially to be a top central-midfielder.We're waiting him on Ewood Park for next game!

Welcome Nuri!

NEW LOOK COLCHESTER

200265-35182-thickbox.jpg

At the end of last season Dan Malone was given the job of guiding Colchester through the play offs, taking over going into these kind of games is never really fair to the opponents who have worked hard to get their clubs to these play offs but never the less a job had to be done.

The first game was a game against Walsall in the play off semi final which we duly obliged with a 3-0 win, the fans could dream of promotion and a trip to Wembley.The final was a tense affair which ended up goalless after time and went to penalties which in true fighting spirit Colchester won, we are now in division 3, the fans had a great day out but now they must acclimatise to a new division and a better class of team.

The first game in the new division was an away game at Charlton which we lost 2-1 but their team looks like Real Madrid compared to ours so the defeat wasn't that bad.

Sweeping changes have been made at the club as we prepare to fight it out in division 3, we have even broke the club transfer record to bring in Marc Planus, here are a list of the players who are in or have accepted deals[not including any kids/youth].

In comes:

Bibras Natkho[Rubin Midfielder top goalscorer for them]

29620_1309019666.jpg

Andres Guardado[just signed for Valencia]

9983_1337984557.jpg

Goarn Pandev[Legend]

2409_1336010948.jpg

Soner Aydogdu [21yold just signed for Fenerbace]

38838_1261579979.jpg

Vasili Berezutsky[Cska Moscow Centre back]

3361_1209755861.jpg

Hasan Ali Kaldirim [22 yold Left back Kayserispor]

44582_1297702724.jpg

Marc Planus [bordeaux Centre back]

3811_1316854983.jpg

Jonathon Botanelli [san Lorenzo CB]

3584_1247686896.jpg

Gokan Zan [Galatassary Center back]

8660_1312357444.jpg

Alberto Lora [rb for Sporting]

38108.jpg

Maldonado Juan[sao Paolo Left back on loan at Santos]

10604_1255686388.jpg

[Alexandr Bukharov [Centre forward Zenit]

6724_1265310957.jpg

I am now happy that I have made my mark on the team we just have to follow up with some results now, selling our star man Marko Marin was a hard thing to do but the part exchange deal for Pandev/Guardado & 4 million was just too good an offer for the club to refuse.There will be more transfer activity in the next week or so with some youth and maybe another squad player coming in but I am happy with the look of the squad and we should be capable of getting enough points to stay in the league.

BrentfordFC_Logo.jpg

RICHARDSON AIMS TO SHAPE PROMOTION CHALLENGE

Brentford announced today that boss Darren Richardson has signed a new contract that will tie the Scotsman to Brentford until 2015. It is understood the club were keen for Richardson to sign a new deal to prevent the bigger clubs from poaching their boss.

"It's true that I have signed another contract. The board felt I was worthy of more time at Brentford to keep building a club for the long term whilst still entertaining our fans on the pitch. I feel we have some very good young players at this club. Players that make me glad to come into training in the morning. The future is bright at Brentford and I want to continue to be a part of that. It has been a learning curve for myself as well as the coaching staff, the players and the fans since I have been here. I am proud that I have achieved promotion with this club and are firmly established now as a dangerous side in division three. We fear no-one and play our football and try to get results. So far, I am pleased to say we have managed to do that. The last two seasons have ended on a sour note for us but if we keep plugging away, we will get there. Of that I have no doubt."

Brentford showed more evidence of their status as a the team nobody likes to play with a resounding 3-0 win at home to a particularly strong Bolton Wanderers. Most pleasing for Richardson seemed to be the manner of which his side managed to despatch of their illustrious opponents. Experienced players such as Taddei, Baros, Cacau and Rodriguez are mixing very well with the youthful starlets such as Alex Sandro, Matuidi, Xhaka and Cohen. Richardson has also admitted that players such as Angel Lafita and Saltor Bruno are heading to pastures new in the near future.

A £4.6m bid was accepted for Angel Lafita from an undisclosed Spanish club today and Bruno is attracting interest from Valencia after being placed on the transfer list this evening. The moves mean Richardson is now in the market for players but is keeping his cards close to his chest.

Paulo-Sergio-007.jpg

DEAL ME IN: Richardson after signing new deal at Brentford

"I can also confirm that we are moving a few players on that are not part of the long term future of the club. Lafita and Bruno have both been great servants to the club but it is time for a new challenge for them both and the club will now be looking for a new young right back and perhaps another forward thinking player. We will have a look through our contacts and our scouting network to come up with a suitable list of players."

Up next for Brentford, is a visit for Port Vale. Another test of Brentfords promotion credentials is sure to be on the cards and with Matuidi injured, it is a chance for either Granit Xhaka or Almog Cohen to show Richardson that they are indeed the future at Griffin Park.