English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Carroll at the double vs Magpies

Andy Carroll will be an even more unpopular figure in Geordie-land tonight after the target man bagged a brace in Preston's 2-0 defeat of his old side Newcastle.

Once hailed as the future of Newcastle and mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Alan Shearer, Carroll came back to haunt his former employers with two second half goals, both assisted by the impressive Gareth Bale on the left wing. Both goals were after both sides had been reduced to ten men, Preston's Stevan Jovetic following Newcastle's Bryan Ruiz down the tunnel after launching a foul-mouthed tirade at the referee.

Preston manager James Burrow admitted he was surprised at the manner of Jovetic's dismissal, but wouldnt let that take the shine off what was a great team performance and goals from Carroll. Preston will be without both Jovetic and Stephane Seesegnon, both sent off in the first two games of this season. Preston move up to 3rd, out of 4 teams all on six points. Newcastle drop to 19th, still to win this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Mesut Ozil set for Ewood Park

Mesut-Ozil_1681392c.jpg

Mesut Ozill will finally make his move to Blackburn.Another ex-Bundesliga player to join in Blackburn shirt.Ozil played 5 games and scored 1 goal for Bolton so far.In his career he played 265 games with 71 goals scored and netting 60 assists.He's joining as our 3rd star after Cesc Fabregas and David Villa,our spanish duo.Ozil is up to help Cesc to win the award of the best midfielder in this season as he already scored 4 and netted 1 assist aswell.Or both should help Villa to become the best striker in Divsion 2 but the most important thing is to help Blackburn to get the deserved promotion in Premier League.Sahin has been an important part of this deal as he convinced Ozil to join Blackburn.Sahin was our last signing and made some very good matches so far in Blackburn shirt.Van Gaal and his staff have no really excuses if they'l not get the promotion now.Blackburn is 4th atm after 5 games with 10 points.Just start of season but with the look of Blackburn team now they should do amazing.Mesut Ozil will be an important player for us and no doubt a surely starter.Hope he'll do good things along with his new mates and for sure to make Blackburn fans happy.

Welcome Ozil!

Preston boss Burrow in talks with Mersey Reds

Long-serving Preston North End manager James Burrow has been allowed to speak with Liverpool over their vacant managerial position, according to chairman Peter Ridsdale.

Burrow, who on Saturday took charge of his 607th game on the touchlines at Deepdale has been quoted in the past wanting the Liverpool managers job before he retires. Burrow came close to retiring last season but signed a two year deal lasting to the end of the current season. Long-serving Liverpool manager Handsome Steve left the helm last night, after a rumoured confrontation between himself and the fans after a 4-2 loss to Southampton at St Marys. We spoke to the chairman of Preston early this morning, here's what he had to say:

"It is with regret that I have allowed James to talk with Liverpool and John Henry (Liverpool chairman) over their vacant manager's position. Let me emphasise that we do not want to lose James and we will do our utmost to keep hold of him, but I cannot deny him the opportunity that he has been looking for. We are fortunate enough to have kept James for so long, and hopefully it will be for years to come, but if he does make the switch, then Liverpool are getting a great manager!"

We also spoke to 'Mr Liverpool' himself Jamie Carragher at Preston's training ground:

I have some very fond memories of Liverpool and Anfield and I think a manager like James would fit in very well. When I was at Liverpool I was managed by Tom Field who was a brilliant man-manager, and James is much of the same. I would be sad if he does leave as it will be very difficult to attract another manager of his calibre, but if he does stay, we will get behind him and get the club back into the top half where it belongs."

Preston's run of poor form continued last night, losing 3-1 to ten-man Fulham at Craven Cottage.

KopStar: I will not leave Leicester

brendan-rodgers_2233370b.jpg

The managerial merry-go round looms. With news that both Chelsea and Liverpool are looking for a new manager, speculation is rampant over who they will approach. Leicester's manager, KopStar is speculated to be a target of Liverpool, Chelsea and Preston North End (if James Burrow moves to Liverpool).

After a successful season where he breathed life into a lacklustre Leicester outfit, and has attracted names such as Frank Lampard, Nevan Subotic and Ronaldinho to King Power Stadium, he is thought to be a prime candidate.

When asked about the matter KopStar said, 'I will not leave Leicester yet. It is true that I have had some contact with other clubs. Liverpool are a club I have always supported. I have applied for the job, only because I know there are better candidates who deserve it more. Chelsea approached me for the job but I told them I am not interested.'

'Preston contacted me minutes after they allowed James to talk to Liverpool. He is an absolute legend. No one manages a team for over 600 games if they don't know what they are doing. The man takes the job next will have a huge task. I dont think any manager is truly capable of living up to that. Preston do have lots of players I like.'

'However I am happy with Leicester. The first stage of turning us into a much better side was just getting players who could raise the standard and most of those players were around the 30 years of age mark. But now we are slowly becoming more appealing to younger, talent players. This is shown through the signings of Subotic, Pieters and Schieber and players like Fer and Sturridge stepping up. I am too happy here to realistically even consider leaving. In fact if my application gets accepted at Liverpool, I will most likely reject the offer. Leicester is where I belong.'

Curious words from the manager who seemed to go back on his word at the end of the interview. He is rumoured to be a target due to his success with Leicester and previous experience at clubs such as Manchester United, Swansea City, Cardiff City and further back, Manchester City.

ANOTHER PIECE OF THE JIGSAW

200265-35182-thickbox.jpg

SEB LARSSON

3007262958.jpg

Seb Larsson joins up at Colchester in the new revival that has saw all but a dozen of the clubs players leave and be replaced since Dan Malone took over.

Larsson came in a two part deal, a part exchange for Leto and then Kostas Mitroglou left for chairmans value in the second part of the deal.

I am happy to bring in Larsson as he has a wealth of experience which should stand us in good stead as we try to stabilise ourselves in this division after being promoted last season.

Burrow rejects Reds, signs new deal with North End

Preston manager James Burrow will remain Preston manager for the next three years, after rejecting the opportunity to manage boyhood club Liverpool.

Burrow flew to America after Preston's 3-1 loss to Fulham to discuss personal terms with Fenway Sports Group, and Liverpool chairman John Henry. However the experienced manager decided to return home earlier today having turned down a contract offer from the Merseyside club, and took training today at Springfields. Here was what he had to say to us outside the training ground:

"Liverpool made me a great offer, money to spend, a salary representative of a Division One side and Liverpool holds a certain place in my heart, but when I was led in my hotel room thinking back over my many years at Preston, I cannot say that I have had a successful tenure here, and there is a lot of unfinished business with this side. We may have gained promotion into the top flight, but never as champions. We may have qualified for the Champions League, but didnt get out of the group. I remember the gut-wrenching relegations more than the two cup wins, and until we secure that first title, I will designate my career at Preston a dud! Liverpool have some amazing players but it would take about a season and a lot of cash to put my stamp on it, and the market currently isnt suited for a full team rebuild. So I will remain here for at least the next three years, and see whether the situation has changed regarding silverware before deciding my next move."

Burrow also revealed that he turned down offers from Chelsea and Crewe to be their manager, refusing to even meet with their chairmen.

Five-star North End batter Shorpe

Preston North End put an end to their recent poor form with a 5-0 demolition of Shorpe, just days after manager James Burrow confirmed his long term future with the club after interest from other clubs.

Preston made two changes in personnel from the defeat to Fulham, with Simon Mignolet and Gabriel Heinze replacing Michel Vorm and Hugo Campagnaro, with Stevan Jovetic dropping back into midfield alongside captain David Beckham. A first Preston goal in his two stints at Preston for Dennis Aogo got Preston on their way, with first goals of the season from Robert Huth and Danny Welbeck adding to Andy Carroll and David Beckham's goals. The stats would indicate an even game however, with Simon Mignolet called into action on numerous occasions to deny Shorpe's attacking line, with Antonio Cassano a touch unfortunate not to equalise at 1-1 with his shot hitting the post.

After scoring Preston's fourth goal, Andy Carroll ran over to the touchline to celebrate with manager James Burrow, who was approached by Liverpool after Preston's last match, flying over to America before rejecting the Reds offer. The fans also acknowledged Burrow's decision with chants of 'Burrow give us a wave' with the manager staying on the pitch after the final whistle to applaud the fans support. Afterwards we spoke with James and captain David Beckham:

JB: "It was a superb display all across the team. Some 5-nils see one keeper totally unchallenged, but Simon (Mignolet) was kept on his toes tonight, and 5-0 is really tough on Shorpe, however we took our chances, they didnt. Im glad for Welbeck that he's finally off the mark. I think he prefers playing off the target man, he found space in Shorpe's defence and gave them all sorts of problems. The task now is to keep this run going, starting at our close rivals Carlisle, still without a manager."

DB: "The squad were delighted to hear that James was staying. His absence when in America wasnt really felt training-wise, but when he came back there was a few subtle changes. James has been trying a more 4-4-2 formation in training with me and Jov (Stevan Jovetic) playing more alongside each other rather than one in front, one behind. I think we benefitted well from that and scoring five goals from five players is a great start."

Preston play Carlisle next at Brunton Park, who were subject to an unfortunate mix-up before tonight's game with Millwall, turning up in their blue home shirts which clashed with Millwall's blue kit, instead having to wear Millwall's changed strip of orange. That didnt help as they lost 2-1.

Sheff%20Utd.jpg

At Bramall Lane, Sheffield United Chief executive Julian Winter had hastily called a press conference after the deal to sell Gerard Pique to Darlington had dramatically been blocked by the SMFA due to complaints from fellow managers about the integrity of the deal. There was talk that new manager Andrew Smith had already walked but Winter was out to calm the press down who were bustling for a scoop. New Sheffield United manager Andrew Smith looked angry as he walked into the press office and took his seat alongside Winter.

Winter: Good evening ladies and gentlemen, members of the press. This press conference has been arranged, as you all well know, to discuss the shambolic and disgraceful manner in which the transfer surrounding Gerard Pique to Darlington has been managed by the press and our fellow managers, of whom we had expected better. It has also been designed to quell any rumours that Mr Smith had resigned or even offered his resignation in lieu of the allegations. This press conference will address those two issues. First of all, let us go down the process.

After losing our previous manager, Aaron Duffy, on June 7th, we decided to take a few weeks to examine the available candidates to see who would best fit the direction that we wanted to take the club. It was decided to approach Mr Smith, as he was a free agent after an unsuccessful stint at Derby. Mr Smith has a respectable track record in this league and is known to hold down jobs at the clubs he chooses to manager, most notably Leyton Orient and Wigan Athletic. We reach an agreement over appropriate terms and on June 22nd, we offered him the contract. Mr Smith accepted and was appointed Sheffield United manager on 23rd June 2012.

Upon analysis of the squad, Mr Smith has identified the players he wishes to bring in and increase the depth of the team. He was aware that a few teams were preparing offers for Gerard Pique but decided to make the first move and contact his long-time business associate, Mr Michael Flounders, the manager of Darlington FC, about a few of his players.

As you all well know, the two men have maintained an excellent working relationship for three years, with Mr Flounders agreeing to the loan dealings of world class players to Leyton Orient and Wigan Athletic when Mr Smith was in charge of the respective clubs. In return, Mr Smith gave Darlington the first option when he decided to sell Vincent Kompany, a deal with saw two world class players in Sousa Alex and Jon Heitinga head to Wigan as well as £5m. As well as those two players, Mr Smith was also able to cherry pick Darlington’s squad and signed another three world class players on long-term loans for the entire season. Then a month later, Mr Smith was able to complete the signing of Carlos Salcido to bolster his defence. This represented a fantastic deal for Wigan who, after selling one player, was able to acquire three talented footballers on long-term contracts as well as another three players on loan deals in order to give much-needed depth to the Wigan squad. This is the sort of business acumen that we here at Sheffield United are looking for: being able to see the business sense in sacrificing one player in order to bring in six players in exchange.

Unfortunately both managers were questioned about the deal at the time. However to me it seemed like perfect business sense as the Wigan squad was depleted and in order to boost the depth in his team, Mr Smith needed to sell his star asset. I think a lot of managers were unhappy at the back room dealings that the two men completed but I know that the two men are private individuals and prefer to do their deals in secret rather than under the glare of the media due to the ridiculously over-inflated transfer market that this league thrives upon.

So we come to the present day. Once again, a transfer between the two managers has come into question. In fact it is ONLY the second transfer that Smith has ever sanctioned back to Darlington as the traffic has always been from the opposite direction. It seems to me that both managers have been made the victim of a witch hunt by the media and their fellow LMA professionals for wanting to conduct business in a gentlemanly, civil manner away from the spotlight. But I will now hand you over to Mr Smith who has some words of his own to say.

He looked across to Smith who cleared his throat before continuing.

Smith: Good afternoon. I am sure you all aware of the disgraceful accusations that have been bandied around over the transfer of Gerard to Darlington and the questioning of the integrity of both myself and Mr Flounders. Let me just say that these are outrageous, inflammatory allegations which have no grounds for complaint. Transfer deals come and go and whilst I am disappointed by the SMFA’s decision to block the transfer of Gerard Pique to Darlington, the thing that has hurt me the most is the attitude of my fellow professionals. Simply because I did not make Gerard available on the open market, I have been labelled a cheat and a crook by my fellow managers when in all due respect, I do not wish to conduct my business in a public auction as I find it is belittling to the players involved. I sit back from the sidelines and watch at how my fellow professionals act and behave in public and it is rather pathetic to see what this league has become. Here I am trying to maintain a shred of decency to the game and instantly I am met by slander and lies. You all know me well in that you don’t know me – I keep myself to myself and stay out of the petty comings and goings of the football world. But these allegations are unfounded and are damaging to my reputation, Mr Flounders’ reputation, the reputations of both of our great clubs, highly insulting to the players involved and deeply upsetting to the fans. You in the media sit there and report lies yet when the truth is to be told, you are nowhere to be seen. You have been given your final warning – any more lies and rumours printed in your papers as fact and I will refuse to give press conferences again.

Smith slammed down his papers and stormed out, clearly upset and angry at the recent allegations. Julian Winter had not finished and spoke to the gob-smacked journalists who couldn’t believe what had just happened.

Winter: I may add at this stage that the transfer of Gerard Pique was only the first part of a multi-stage transfer which would have seen the arrival of another player at Sheffield United. Unfortunately the SMFA rules forbid us to entertain the notion of more than two players in a swap deal at one time. Due to the petty jealousy of some managers, Sheffield United have been robbed of our transfer targets. We are currently looking at legal action against the SMFA for this ludicrous decision.

Furthermore to the accusations that have been levelled at our manager, Sheffield United will be adapting a transfer embargo upon all English league clubs until this matter has been resolved. Unless a player has been specifically transfer listed, we will not be welcoming any bids for any of our players and any such bids will be flatly rejected. The damage that this fiasco has caused to the manager and the club’s integrity is beyond reproach. We will be initiating an investigation to get to the heart of this matter and we will not stop until we have found out the cause of these blatant lies. When the culprit is discovered, we may consider lifting the embargo for certain clubs. And we would ask our counterparts across at Darlington to do the same as well. This has been a disappointing act here in 106 but until we get to the bottom of it, all bets are off. And all bids are off. Thank you and good to you ladies and gentlemen of the press.

With that Mr Winter left the press conference.

• 2 weeks later...

Becks refutes retirement claims

Preston manager James Burrow has rubbished rumours that captain David Beckham is set to retire having sustained a hamstring tear against Tranmere last night.

North End went on to win the game 4-1, but were without their talismanic midfielder for the final half an hour, after pulling up away from the action and having to be stretchered off. Earlier on in the night, his cross found the head of Andy Carroll, who scored the first goal, with Danny Welbeck, Gareth Bale and Stephane Sessegnon also on target. Beckham received a rapturous applause from the Preston crowd, but could they have seen the last of their captain, with the 37 year old having only signed a two year deal at the end of last season.

At a press conference following last nights victory, Burrow categorically denied that Beckham had thrown in the towel on his career on the pitchside:

"David is not the kind of player who would make rash decisions in the heat of the moment. Having said that there was that moment against Argentina, but that was a long time ago and he has grown to be a fully professional bloke. This is the first serious injury he has suffered since his achilles tear in 2010, and not a sign that his body is past it. We have said for a long time that David probably wont be up for a full 38 day campaign, and thus far he has not missed a second of action, perhaps this break will do him good. I am 100% certain he will see out his two year deal, and hope that he will extend it if he thinks he is fit enough to continue playing."

In transfer news, wantaway striker Diego Forlan has finally left Preston, the Uruguayan moving to Norwich in the early hours of the morning for £15m. Burrow stated that he was sad to see him leave, and would rather have seen a player come in as a replacement, but that an offer of that much was too much to refuse. Forlan's last appearance came in Monday night's English Cup draw with Aston Villa, his last goal came in Sunday's behind closed doors friendly with Birmingham.

• 1 month later...

Preston rocked by Rodwell transfer demand

Preston North End manager James Burrow has confirmed that young prodigy Jack Rodwell has asked for a move away.

The 21 year old has spent an incredible 12 seasons at Deepdale, with loan spells away at Rochdale, Cardiff, Middlesbrough and Chesterfield. But out of his 120 conmpetitive appearances, only 47 have come in the white of Preston, and has found competition for places this season tough with the likes of captain David Beckham, Stevan Jovetic, Jordan Henderson and Tom Huddlestone all vying for spots in the centre of the park. Here was what James had to say at this morning's press conference ahead of the match with Shorpe:

Jack came to my office earlier on this week and told me that he couldnt see his future at Preston and would like a move away. I tried my best to convince him otherwise but at the end of the day, he needs games in order to progress as a footballer, and I cant promise him games what with our situation in the table. He is a great talent, one of those who just goes about his work with no fuss, and a natural replacement for Beckham, the problem being that Beckham isnt finished yet, and for the near future, David will be ahead of Jack in the pecking order. A loan move is not totally out of the question, and maybe a change of scenery may change Jack's mind, but for the time being, yes we will be willing to listen to offers for the lad."

Times have been tough at Preston for the past few months. North End have struggled to put together a consistent run of good performances, and are currently without a win in 5. Injuries and suspensions havent helped matters, with tomorrows match against Shorpe being the first time that Burrow can pick from a full roster of players.

Burrow impressed by Scunny display despite draw

Preston fought back from an early set-back to claim a valuable point away to strugglers Shorpe, drawing 1-1.

Antonio Cassano gave The Iron the lead within the first minute after Christian Grindheim had exploited a gap in Preston's defence. Preston took until the 64th minute, Stephane Sessegnon cutting back from the byline to find Stevan Jovetic in a yard of space. The Montenegrin made no mistake from close range, firing home only his third goal of a disappointing season.

Preston looked the more confident side after the goal and looked to get what would ultimately a winner, however top scorer Andy Carroll limped off with a minor injury with 20 minutes to go, and Preston lacked the firepower to breach the Shorpe defence.

After the game, Preston manager James Burrow praised his team on the overall solid defensive display, despite the early lack of concentration:

"If we had come out of the blocks sooner, we would have prevented that early goal, and maybe could have gone on to win. This was perhaps the best performance I have seen from the lads for a while. Michel Vorm had a great game in defence, Botia had a good game considering he's been out for so long, and Jovetic got his goal. Jovetic has had a bit of a frustrating season, he hasnt managed to nail down a consistent place in the side, being pushed back into midfield to cover for injuries and suspensions, and not playing in his preferred centre forward role. I tried him in behind Welbeck and Carroll and he came alive tonight."

Burrow also spoke of potential activity in the transfer market with the end of the season closing in:

"This season we havent brought in a marquee signing, someone who could change a game in a split second. That may change, it might not."

• 2 weeks later...

Burrow warns potential suitors off star pair

Preston manager James Burrow has reiterated his desire to keep midfielders Stevan Jovetic and Gareth Bale for the foreseeable future, after rumours resurfaced of a switch to the top flight.

Preston have lived up to their underachieving tag, only four points out of the relegation zone with ten games to go. In the past few weeks, midfielder Jack Rodwell has been allowed to leave the club, however no deal has been reached with a future club. Fellow midfielders Jay Spearing, Craig Gardner and Landon Donovan have been allowed to leave, while Argentine defensive pair Gabriel Heinze and Hugo Campagnaro have been the subject of speculation regarding their future. However, Burrow has rubbished news that Jovetic and Bale were wanting to leave, with the pair spending an amazing 19 seasons at the club between them:

"Gareth and Stevan won't be leaving the club, they are an integral part of the first team and the backbone to which I am building the team behind. They are both happy to remain at the club and I wont argue with them. Yes, we have underachieved yet againm, in fact you could probably say we have achieved our target of underachieving, but the club is a work in progress. We have paid big money for young players perhaps not ready for the first team yet. Adam (Morgan) has played the last two games and played well, and Ben Amos impressed in a few reserve matches so I gave him a run out last night."

Preston's attendances have taken a massive hit with their poor league form, with 10,000 empty seats for the 4-4 draw with Coventry.

Preston finalise Walcott signing

Preston North End have completed the signing of England winger Theo Walcott from Huddersfield Town on a season-long loan.

The 23 year old, who can also play up front, has found regular first team football hard to come by since his move from Tranmere three seasons ago, and had a successful loan spell with Millwall last season, scoring 7 goals in 16 starts. Manager James Burrow was keen to bring in the 29 times capped England international, with Preston struggling in the final third. We spoke to Walcott and his new manager ahead of tonights game, which Theo will sit out against his former club Tranmere:

TW: "I'm grateful for Dermot (O'Brien, Huddersfield manager) on letting me get some first team football under my belt on loan. Huddersfield is a tough team to get regular games, and when you have aspirations of being a regular England starter, you need to play week in, week out for your club. Preston North End has a reputation of bringing the best out of English players, and I've heard a lot of positive words from the likes of Glen (Johnson), Ox (Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain) and Welbs (Danny Welbeck) and hopefully I will enjoy my stay at the club, then see where my future lies."

JB: "Im excited to work with Theo. He's not just raw pace, just like Andy Carroll isn't just a head on stilts. I've worked with some talented wingers during my time as Preston manager, Bale, Valencia, Marin to name just a few, but Theo has been a long term transfer target. Failing signing him permanently, we went in for a loan deal and beat off stiff opposition for his signature. Hopefully a fresh face should see us through to the end of the season with a good run of form."

Wolves fans ramp up pressure on Singh with protests planned for Peterborough game

Wolves fans are to take to the streets again to stage another protest march ahead of Next weekend's match against Peterborough.

Wolves haven’t won their last 10 games, conceding 19 goals, and sit 3rd from bottom in the lowest division in England.

Back-to-back wins over Blackpool and Rushden & Diamonds last month appeared to have lifted the club out of the slump but their current run has dropped them back in and angry fans are stepping up their campaign with more protests against the owners and manager Rajveer Singh.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWproro32Obk5TlXGHHi310E5e-TmlS_C_RZTzGpoNNlX1lLZ6

IF Things Dont Change Singh Could be Just Like Harry

'To the people of Wolves, this is no longer just about losing football matches, this is about the very future of the football club and the very fabric of Wolves,' said a statement from the WWFC Action Group.

'Our football club is a 137-year-old institution which has seen its traditions and values destroyed in less than 18 months.

'It takes only a few hands to bulldoze our club but it will take many hands to rebuild it and the whole community needs to come together to breathe life back into Wolves

Wolves will face fellow Struggles Northampton Town at Sixfields in what should be an Entertaining game

Back to winning ways for Preston as Carroll impresses

Preston North End picked up their first win in 10 games with a 3-1 victory over Tranmere Rovers at Prenton Park.

In a dominant display by the away side, striker Andy Carroll got the game off to the best of starts with a goal from close rnage after some good work from want-away midfielder Jack Rodwell. Gareth Bale doubled the lead with an exquisite outside of the foot shot, leaving goalkeeper Rene Adler rooted to the spot. Midfielder Michael Carrick threatened to start a comeback with a looping header over Michel Vorm in the 80th minute, however, David Beckham sealed the win with one of his trademark free-kicks, his 5th goal of the week after his four-goal show against Coventry.

After the match, manager James Burrow was full of praise for his team, but warned against complacency, reminding us all that this was just one win:

"That was a great performance from all the lads out there! We got off to a brilliant start, Carroll continuing his good form with a well-worked goal, with his feet. The defence kept Tranmere's forwards quiet, and the game was a bit more flowing, with not many stoppages, which benefits our style of play. Hopefully we can keep this run of form going for the rest of the season, after all this is just one game. The performances of players like Bale, Jovetic and Carroll show just why we must keep hold of our best assets."

Sorry Wolves set for another defeat at Molineux

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdWPefnPaXgtmqKL5SxLC4d7cXhtXyM0G25GIKAJl8dEDOD-gM

Fans Go Into Tears After Yet Another Defeat

Wolverhampton Wanderers look like a club condemned and could well lose again, even against a Peterborough side with nothing to play for.

In the week that the 100th anniversary of the Titanic’s ill-fated voyage is being commemorated, Wolverhampton Wanderers are paying their own tribute by being the Division 4 very own sinking ship.

And there can be no doubt as to whom to point the finger at for the irretrievable situation the Molineux club find themselves in: step forward chief executive Jez Moxey, owner Steve Morgan and very own manager Mr Singh

Moxey might look like Dom Joly’s 9-5 working brother, but not even Trigger Happy TV provided as many laughs as Wolves this season.

When someone writes the book on disastrous decisions taken by people in suits who sit in football club boardrooms then chapter one will focus on the hapless pair’s judgment of Mr Singh..

The sooner Wolves are put out of their misery the better for everyone concerned, and another nail in their Division 4 coffin is going to be hammered in by Peterborough at the Molineux on Wednesday.

Unsurprisingly, Peterborough are strong favourites at 12/25 to pick up three points, with the draw quoted at 16/5 and Wolves understandable outsiders at 11/2.

29e2kx2.png

Singh finally speaks out and insist he is not going to quit

4rrp8i.png

Singh claims he has the backing of Wolves owner Steve Morgan after fans called for him to be sacked after Saturdays 0-1 defeat by Northampton.

Wolves currently sit 19th in the lowest division in England and haven’t manage to pick up 3 points in their last 11 games.

Supporters turned on manager Singh after Wolves suffered another defeat this time in the hands of Northampton.

Singh said the level of abuse towards him 'was a first' but he is determined to win the battle to stay up with the support of Morgan.

Singh said: 'They were supportive, they said "you've got to keep your head up".'They said everyone has to stay together and battle together and see it through.

'It (the fans' reaction) has also not weakened my resolve to carry on and see this through. Absolutely not. I'm not someone who shirks a challenge and I'll keep going.

'I can understand the fans' reaction. We as a club are much better than this our current form is totally unacceptable.

'I'll keep fighting for this team to get the points that can give us something to look back on in a miserable season.'

Singh, whose side welcome Peterborough on Wednesday, admitted: 'We are in a fight but we have got to rally the players for the next game.'There are still 27 points to play for.

'I believe in the players and believe we will still be in a respectable position come the end of the season.

Preston manager supports Wolves' Singh as axe looms

Preston manager James Burrow has issued a message of support to under-fire Wolves manager Rajveer Singh, who has been the subject of intense criticism and speculation regarding his future at the lowly Division Four club.

Sixth placed finishers in the top flight in Season 9, and a top half Division 2 side just four seasons ago, Wolves have fallen through the proverbial trapdoor, with consecutive relegations in Seasons 13 and 14 seeing the club languishing in 79th place out of 80 English League teams. Wolves fans have seen three managers at the helm so far this season, with the experienced Singh brought in off the back of spells at Swindon and Rushden and Diamonds. However, he has failed to arrest a run of 11 games without victory, and is without a win since joining the club. This has caused those Wolves fans who have bothered to turn up at Molineux to voice their anger at both the manager and the chairman Jez Moxey, however Burrow, who has been at the helm of his hometown club Preston for an amazing 636 games, has pointed the blame at previous Wolves regimes:

"All this stick aimed at Rajveer is just wrong! He's been at the club for just over a month and in that month, Wolves fans expected him to work miracles. Wolves have suffered from poor management both at pitch-side and board level over the seasons. While I've been at Preston I've seen 13 managers at the helm of that club, with only 6 of those managers been given at least a full season in charge. Going through this many managers means that the squad is a mis-mash of other managers thoughts. It doesn't shock me that only eight different players have scored for them this season, and that their top scorer only has five, the players just look lost on the field.

If I had a message for the Wolves fans, who have gone through so much through the seasons, it would be to give your backing to Rajveer. The last thing that club needs is another managerial casualty. Let him make his mark on the squad, and give him chance to settle. We recently brought a bad run of form to an end, and when you walk into the training ground on Monday morning and see smiles instead of frowns, it really helps going into the next game."

In related news, Blackpool parted company with GeorgeECFC earlier this morning, despite steering the Tangerines towards a top half finish for the 4th consecutive season. News of his departure will no doubt add extra cheer to Preston fans after their 3-1 victory on Saturday, but his name is added to an increasingly long list of experienced managerial casualties this season, most notably Sean Fitzpatrick, Germ, Phillip Gibbon, Hannah Barker, Michael Flounders and Scout Maker.

Bournemouth 1-1 Bristol Rovers.

Kleber 4'

Harnik (pen) 80'

Bournemouth Battle To A Draw With Bristol Rovers.

patrick-helmes-ulusal.jpg

All conquering Bristol Rovers arrived at Dean Court with an 8 point gap at the top of the table and many had them pencilled in as favourites to beat a rejuvenated Bournemouth side who's form had picked up massively since the arrival of new boss Ryan Clarke, with an impressive four wins from four games. The play-offs are the target for Clarke and win against the league-leaders would make that aim very close to being a reality.

Bournemouth started the match brightly with a goal after 4 minutes from Brazilian striker Kleber, a clever flick-on from Patrick Helmes sent Kleber in on goal and he made no mistakes with the finish. Bournemouth continued to dominate the game after the early goal with many glorious chances wasted. Patrick Helmes wasted a golden opportunity following a long ball from Jelle Van Damme, he placed his shot straight at the goalkeeper. The league leaders had hardly had a kick and ended the half with the embarresment of failing to get a shot on target.

The second half saw Clarke use all 3 of his subs at half-time, something the Bournemouth fans have gotten used to in his short tenure, Lolo, Perisic and Buonanotte left the action to be replaced by Dagoberto, Alcaraz and Formica. Again Bournemouth were on top and creating a lot of chances despite having less possession. A long shot from Diame had Bristol's keeper scrambling back towards goal to push it over the bar. Against the run of play Bristol Rovers launched a counter-attack, Harnik found Rodallega who was brought down rather clumsily by Alcaraz for a penalty. The penalty was smashed home by Harnik. The penalty was in fact Bristol's only shot on target all match, and as the game they may have been forgiven for feeling a little bit lucky to steal a point from brave Bournemouth.

Bournemouth - Begovic; Inkoom, Van Damme, Alexis, Lolo; Perisic, Zyryanov ©, Diame, Kleber, Buonanotte; Helmes.

Bristol Rovers - Varas; Toraman, Korkmaz, Rever, Henrique; Vukojevic, Galloppa, Alfaro, Hamouma, Harnik ©; Rodallega.

Jim+Stynes+Press+Conference+zStB5t_xq6Ll.jpg

Wolves Manager Singh 'Will Come Good' According To Bournemouth Boss Ryan Clarke.

Wolves manager Rajveer Singh must feel like he has been to hell and back with his clubs recent form, Wolves are in a sorry state as they look destined to finish near the bottom of Division 4, and with fans calling for Singh to be axed after just 10 games Bournemouth manager Ryan Clarke has come out in support of the manager along with the legendary James Burrow. Here is what Ryan said.

For a manager to have his own fans against him after just 10 games is astounding, he hasn't been given a chance, the club's in a sorry state and there is no denying that but to place the blame on someone who hasn't had enough time to make a mark on the club is crazy, absolutely mental. I've been here for 5 games, so if you told me in 5 games I'd be getting booed and the fans wanted me out I'd call you an idiot. I honestly can't believe it, sometimes I can sympathise with fans who want the manager out, but I'm talking about manager's who have had time to get things right, not people like Singh.

I believe, if given the time Singh can come good for Wolves and bring them back up the table and eventually out of Division 4 and back to the good times, whether or not he is given the time isn't anything to do with me, I am here for Ravjeer Singh, no manager should be given this after 10 games.

breaking-news_news.jpg

Bergkamp Appointed Director Of Football At Wolves

Former Holland and Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp has announced he will be working more closely with Coach Rajveer Singh as Wolverhampton Wanderes new Director Of Football next season.

Bergkamp former Arsenal Striker had been operating as an assistant manager at Ajax, but the 43-year-old is now preparing for a change of role "I will be director of football for the first team," he told the press,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSGo4-r8mfB9kHVJToZB8LO-pBfJnph2tZCH7xE21sIi9dpuXmIQ

The English Football Hall Of Famer is expected to have a more hands-on approach when it comes to team matters with Singh gladly accepting the extra help.

"Singh influenced this decision,," Bergkamp added."We will see what tasks I am assigned but I will be occupying the new role from Tuesday until the end of next season."

Bergkamp was influential in signing young Dutch Goalkeeper Tim Krul last month, and on the transfer he said: "He has a tremendous future, and it's a good thing to arrive at Wolves so young .Krul liked the coach, so that is why he is here."

Meanwhile, Liverpool forward Darren Bent continues to be linked with a move to Wolves and Bergkamp compared him with another Englishmen who moved to the Molineux. *Holt.

"He is similar to Holt, but he scores more goals. Bent is a player who could interest Wolves," he said.

Asked about other reported interest in the player, he said: "It's normal that everyone wants Bent, but we have to see what the club decides. We have to take things step by step."

EX Wolves Forward Suazo Hits Out At Manager Singh

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeXtb7hWB1KaUoPLiCQEvizX2zjXmZ3uJ7T80xG2Dh5zM88h2xBg

The Ex Wolves forward Humberto Suazo who originally specializes in playing behind the striker for the club has lashed out at his Ex manager Rajveer Singh.

He lambasted about the strategy of the Englishman specifically targeting the manager’s new tactic of playing long balls and taking advantage from it.

As a matter of fact, this new strategy that the Young manager is trying to apply is quite naive considering the fact that other teams have better men that can out run the best in offence from Wolves mainly because of the reason that Wolves offence are extremely out of form.

The Chilean international forward stated that the manager was brought in because of his superior tactics but the way he is currently heading the club has lead to Suazo leaving Molineux.

After a torrid summer, Singh was signed in by Wolves board mainly because of his ability to play a team in different formations and to manage in very low budgets. That is exactly what he did when he was the manager at Swindon as he took the club to new heights, while he bred new players from the club.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXE8ojbZ4QO7Q-n3O3JITB_QLfoo2iWvkNDj_m-9cZlBTs4deCtg

The Ex Wolves forward openly expressed his disappointment in Singh. While talking to media the Chilean international stated about Singh’s offensive approach, “I was there to play football and not to unload (the ball). The manager has a philosophy that we were playing football further up the pitch and then you have to play a different kind of football. That's not my style.

That's not the type of football player I am. I like to keep the ball on the ground. I spoke to the manager regarding this issue but he failed to change his tactics which led me moving away from the Molineux. Whether he'll change his tactics or not, time will tell.”

He continued, “I tried adjusting to the new system, But I couldn’t adjust to it," he said. " I'm a footballer who keeps the ball on the floor. I'm here to play, not to unload.”

KopStar interviewed for Arsenal job?

180px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

Following the resignation of Dai Winston, Arsenal have looked to Leicester manager KopStar as a possible replacement. KopStar has previous experience of coaching big teams in the setup when he had a short spell at Manchester United but a bust-up with the chairman saw him resign.

An insider at Arsenal said, 'Dai quitting was a huge blow to the club. The club have tried to sound out a top manager to replace him and their first preference is Kopstar.'

'What he has done at Leicester is amazing. He struggled to stop them from relegation when he first arrived but they club were basically relegated before his arrival. He built up a team that got automatic promotion back to division three and now are in the playoff spots. To get this close to back-to-back promotion shows what an amazing manager he is and Arsenal would be lucky to have him.'

However KopStar has pledged to stay at the club and build on what he has already achieved. He has improved the roster dramtically, bringing in players such as David Luiz, Frank Lampard, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, and, one of his earliest signings, Hangeland.

Beram Kayal and Riquelme are both expected to return to Leciester's next league fixture against Swansea.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU4ssU4dh8gsM-jQ9Qgle6EwiCTIU9kvyV2r0RHjGy4MJrDhdhcQ

Dennis The Menace is at it again this time securing the signing of Arten Milevskiy

Artem Milevskiy Joins Wolves

Wolverhampton Wanderes Football Club is delighted to announce that Ukranian international Artem Milesvskiy has agreed to join the Club on a long-term contract.

The 27-year old striker completed a medical before agreeing terms at the Club’s training ground on Tuesday evening.

Milesvskiy arrives from Division 2 Hopefuls Newcastle, where 9 goals in 10 league appearances made him one of the deadliest strikers in Division 2

Milesvskiy, who enjoyed a two-year spell at Dynamo Kyiv and broke into the national team in November 2011, flew to London after representing Ukraine at the European Championship in Ukraine and Poland. Milesvskiy spent his formative years in Ukraine’s lower leagues, developing his game

Manager Rajveer Singh said: “We are delighted to have secured the signing of Artem Milevskiy. He has a very good physical presence and is exceptional with the ball, with a great work ethic. We are excited about Artem joining us and he will add an additional dimension to our attacking options this season.

“He has proved that he is capable of performing at the top level with club and country, and we saw what a big influence he was in Newcastle’s season thus far. We all look forward to Artem joining us and seeing him play in an Wolves shirt.”

Milesvskiy, said: “I am delighted to be here at Wolves and to be part of one of the great teams in English football. It's a huge satisfaction to join this great club.

“I was attracted by the philosophy of football and Rajveer Singh’s 'touch' at this club. I have always admired Wolves with its great history and reputation, and I now hope to achieve great things here. I’m very proud to be a here and I will give my best for all the Wolves fans.”

Preston North End v Blackburn Rovers

Match Preview

Preston North End will be hoping to build on their victory against bottom club Tranmere at the weekend. The 3-1 win at Prenton Park was Preston's first in 10 games, bringing to an end a run which had seen Preston take only 4 points from a possible 30. Blackburn have had an equally disappointing season in Division 2, with the former Division 1 champions losing manager MUFC MUFC early in the season. New manager Josh Harman has struggled to change the fortunes of the Lancashire club, despite big money moves for Mario Gomez, Xabi Alonso and Mamadou Sakho.

Preston manager James Burrow will be reluctant to change a winning team, with England trio Andy Carroll, Jack Rodwell and David Beckham impressing. New signings Jonathan De Guzman and Theo Walcott were unused substitutes at the weekend, and may have to settle for bench places once again. Defender Alberto Botia continues his rehabilitation from injury with another start, while wantaway players Gabriel Heinze, Thierry Henry and Craig Bellamy have been left out of the squad, as they look to find new clubs.

Blackburn are without a win in 5 games, with a lack of potency in front of goal being the main cause. Despite a front three of Gomez, Villa and Fabregas, Rovers have only scored 3 times over that 5 game period, while Gomez and Villa have only scored 2 and 9 goals respectively this season. Manager Josh Harman may be tempted to shuffle his front line, with Edin Dzeko partnering Villa with Mesut Ozil supporting. Xabi Alonso is a doubt with a slight hamstring strain picked up in the draw against Millwall, but should start in the holding midfield role. German midfielder Toni Kroos will hope to impress against the side which he spent an ill-fated season with last season.

Preston have come away with 3 points on three occasions, the latest being the 3-1 victory at Ewood Park earlier in the year. However, Preston have always struggled when playing at home, losing 1-0 in December last year.