Guest joe black

Re: Injuries

It's very annoying when you get a few injuries in a row,especially when its your better players and its weeks or months rather than days,i like you,am convinced its a conspiracy:p but it comes around to everybody,what can ya do,happens in the real game so its part and parcel of football..............but i still hate it;):)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Injuries "Unluckily, Martin Skrtel is out for 4 weeks with a sprained wrist." MAN UP YOU BUNCH OF *******.

Guest joe black

LMAO,thats the calibre of Athletes i want on here,men that play on with a broken neck,like Bert Trautmann and can be back on the pitch within a week.......any chance SM?;):)

Dont make them like that any more:p

Yeah' date='if there out for 5 weeks they should at least have the decency to have a broken leg;):)[/quote']

Well,obviously you have never been in sport.In handball when I broke my nose I played games until full recovery. B) (shocking,ha? :eek::P )

Taking in consideration that handball is much more contact sport then soccer then I see no point why soccer players can't play either. ;):P

But that is OT...Like I said before,some injuries are OK but some are too unrealistic.SM has to look in that and change them as they can change players position and rating. (no hard feelings,this is a great game)

i143557_brokennose.jpg

Maybe he has to be to hospital for 5 weeks. :D;)

Guest joe black

Well' date='obviously you have never been in sport.In handball when I broke my nose I played games until full recovery. B) (shocking,ha? :eek: )

Taking in consideration that handball is much more contact sport then soccer then I see no point why soccer players can't play either. ;):P

But that is OT...Like I said before,some injuries are OK but some are too unrealistic.SM has to look in that and change them as they can change players position and rating. (no hard feelings,this is a great game)

[img']http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/i143557_brokennose.jpg[/img]

Maybe he has to be to hospital for 5 weeks. :D;)

Well i did play a bit butwhen i played your career was finished if you broke a leg,bit like a horse,but then they put leeches on your head if you had a headache and bled you:rolleyes:........those where the days

Played on with a broken nose eh,your my type of man:p

Only wimps wear protective masks;):)

Well i did play a bit butwhen i played your career was finished if you broke a leg' date='but then they put leeches on your head if you had a headache and bled you:rolleyes:........those where the days

[b']Only wimps wear protective masks[/b];):)

Who knows what Petr Cech's hair looks like now. I never saw him when he had the chin guard on after he had stitches in his chin, but he must have looked weird with full face protection with just his eyes nose and mouth showing.

Well i did play a bit butwhen i played your career was finished if you broke a leg' date='bit like a horse,but then they put leeches on your head if you had a headache and bled you:rolleyes:........those where the days

Only wimps wear protective masks;):)[/quote']

I can see that sport is your "stronger" side. ;):P

Well,wimps or not, broken nose isn't an injury to be out for 5 weeks like in this game. (don't go OT regarding leeches :D )

I just hope that my player doesn't get injure today(again) because he maybe breaks his nail and be out for 6 weeks. :D:P

Broken nail is only 3 weeks' date='so he would have to break 2 nails to get 6 weeks off, but lets hope not;):)[/quote']

Fortunately this time nobody got injured. :D

But Mascherano complained that his nail on his left feet is half broken. ;):P

Let's us see my next game...I still haven't seen that my club played 2 games in a row without injuries. :(

Guest joe black

Fortunately this time nobody got injured. :D

But Mascherano complained that his nail on his left feet is half broken. ;):P

Let's us see my next game...I still haven't seen that my club played 2 games in a row without injuries. :(

2 games in-a-row your kidding right:D' date='i think the world record is 3 games in -a-row so if you get 2 you are more than halfway there;):)

[b']a Broken Collarbone - 7 weeks [/b]

Unlucky Fade,yeah it is frustrating mate,i lost a player for 6 weeks with a stubbed toe,i nearly stubbed my toe kicking the table when i read it:D

This is so interesting:

Kuranyi - Pulled hamstring - 10 weeks

Cambiasso - Hamstring strain - 7 weeks

2 consecutive matches... I think this is going to cost me my season. Are muscle strains really that serious???

From my knowledge of professional sport in Australia, Ive often seen hamstrings usually take 3 - 4 weeks and tightness can up to 1-2 weeks. But then again, we are comparing different sports :P .

But nah, thats seriously outrageous ... ive never ever seen someone miss 8 weeks with a hamstring.

Its not like theyre 40 years old so i woudl definately complain.

• 3 weeks later...

I am really frustrated!!

Last week, my Preston side managed to reach their first final in their history.

Now in the next two matches after the semi final, 4 first teamers have been ruled out. 2 through suspension, 2 through 'conveniently timed' injuries.

First match

Marcelo - Shin Splints - 9 days

Second Match

Phil Jagielka - Shin Splints - 9 days

Matt Upson - Suspended - 3 games

Michael Bradley - Suspended - 3 games

Now my next game is against Tottenham on the 24th, then its Man Utd on the 27th, then its Newcastle in the final on the 29th - 9 days away (or three matches!!!!) So all my players recover from injuries/return from suspensions the day after the final. I feel like someone is rigging my results!! :mad: :mad:

I am really frustrated!!

Last week' date=' my Preston side managed to reach their first final in their history.

Now in the next two matches after the semi final, 4 first teamers have been ruled out. 2 through suspension, 2 through 'conveniently timed' injuries.

First match

Marcelo - Shin Splints - 9 days

Second Match

Phil Jagielka - Shin Splints - 9 days

Matt Upson - Suspended - 3 games

Michael Bradley - Suspended - 3 games

Now my next game is against Tottenham on the 24th, then its Man Utd on the 27th, then its Newcastle in the final on the 29th - [b']9 days away (or three matches!!!!)[/b] So all my players recover from injuries/return from suspensions the day after the final. I feel like someone is rigging my results!! :mad: :mad:

Just to follow on from this, and this question is aimed mainly at more experienced managers.

If on a players profile, it says they wont be back for 4 days, and my next match is in 4 days, will I be able to play them?

Just i have Marcelo and Jagielka out with identical injuries for the same duration, and my back up in those positions are Muratori and A. Ferdinand respectively.

Happens all the time.

Bruised leg - 4 weeks. For a bruise?

Bruised head - 5 weeks. Decapitation perhaps?

A gashed arm - 5 weeks. A gashed arm...did anyone ever actually suffer a gashed arm in a football match before? I can't remember one.

Twisted knee - 5 weeks.

Cruciate lig. - 4 weeks.

IMO, the injuries are becoming more and more absurd. And far too regular.

80% of my teams are suffering 4/5 weeks injuries per game, sometimes multiple injuries and red cards per game.

I can't loan players fast enough to cover the ones that are being struck down.

Needs sorting really, its NO fun (and not at all realistic) having almost your entire team laid low, over and over again.

And why is always your most in form players that suffer these bogus injuries?

Very perculiar.

I think what needs to be done is change the timescale from weeks to turns. You cant work in two units. Its like having speed measured in mph in Manchester but it then changing to kph as soon as you leave. If there are two turns in a week, then make the unit turns. Then to make the durations right, double the number, as 2 weeks is equal to 4 turns etc.

Medial Knee Ligament damage is ten weeks

Broken foot is about 6 weeks + (depends what bone you break)

Torn hamstring is two months (8 weeks)

Ruptured Achilles is 9 months!!! :eek:

At least they don't have broken knee's etc... ;) to my knowledge anyways.

Imagine Messi/Ronaldo etc. requiring a full knee reconstruction after the first game of the season. The player page will say, he will return in 40 weeks :P

For the turn idea, it would make it a bit easier for us however im not sure SM would change it . Having the injury length displayed in weeks rather than turns makes it a bit more realistic I guess :confused: