Carl Magnay - Chelsea

I have been reading the forum for some time but have never got around to posting on it. This is my first post of a player who I have not seen anything mentioned on. Carl Magnay is a friend of my cousins who won the last soccer icon competition. Currenlty not on the database but Chelsea should be loaning him out this coming season and as they are not willing to sell him he must be in with a shout of making the database and then having an instant rating increase when the next english ratings come around. As I know him personally, once on the database he will definately rise.

• 8 months later...

Re: Carl Magnay - Chelsea

Just an update on one of my only scouted players who as yet soley belongs to me (I say this as every other one I come across has already been mentioned :P )

Carl Magnay as I wrote way back when is now on loan at MK Dons. Chelsea are still reluctant to sell and although a long way off he could eventually turn into a Jonny Evans of Man U. He has now got 2 appearances from the bench and I should hope he will start to play more frequently.

Again when the time comes for getting him added to the DB and then gaining regular first team football whether it be on loan, moving on, of for Chelsea (who knows) I know that this lad has the potential to play at a high level.

• 2 years later...

Re: Carl Magnay - Chelsea

20-06-2008 I mentioned this lad. Nearly 3 years later he's added to the database!! At 22 and rated 75 he is still highly rated by Chelsea!! He suffered two long-term injuries inhibiting his progress but has only recently overcome the second!! I can't understand why he is on the database as his injuries have stalled his potential loan moves, resulting in no senior game time. However... he is... and I predict much bigger things to come, as Chelsea have extended his contract time and time again throughout a tough 3 year spell of injuries!!