Ronaldo - "I do not need Ferguson"

Re: Ronaldo - "I do not need Ferguson"

It may be poor english but i think the way Ronaldo has dealt with this whole thing is disgraceful. Ferguson and United made him, he doesnt clarify his future at all, should of just admitted it. And publicily saying he doesnt care if he upset / angers ferguson and united is desgraceful, he is not bigger than the football club and im sure Ferguson many a time has said, he will let him rot, and not sell him if he wants to go

It may be poor english but i think the way Ronaldo has dealt with this whole thing is disgraceful. Ferguson and United made him' date=' he doesnt clarify his future at all, should of just admitted it. And publicily saying he doesnt care if he upset / angers ferguson and united is desgraceful, he is not bigger than the football club and im sure Ferguson many a time has said, he will let him rot, and not sell him if he wants to go[/quote']

tottally agree!! im starting 2 hate this cocky diver!!!

It may be poor english but i think the way Ronaldo has dealt with this whole thing is disgraceful. Ferguson and United made him' date=' he doesnt clarify his future at all, should of just admitted it. And publicily saying he doesnt care if he upset / angers ferguson and united is desgraceful, he is not bigger than the football club and im sure Ferguson many a time has said, [b']he will let him rot, and not sell him if he wants to go[/b]

Can they really do that though? If Ronaldo wants to go and Real pay the asking price, what can United do? We have seen it happen again and again, players signing big contract extensions and then leaving the next year.

Real and Ronaldo would probably take it to the courts/Fifa if United refused to let him go.

The way he's treated United is disgraceful tbh :rolleyes: I don't think anyone has a problem with him wanting to go to Madrid, it's the way he's doing it. If he wanted to go to Madrid, why not say it instead of going on about how it's his dream :confused:

I think he's forgotten that the club and its fans are the only ones who stood by him after the 2006 World Cup when he was probably the most hated person in England. If that's how he wants to thank them then he truly is a complete prat.

I used to like him, now I just see him as an arrogant idiot, hope he moves to Madrid soon :)

The way he's treated United is disgraceful tbh :rolleyes: I don't think anyone has a problem with him wanting to go to Madrid' date=' it's the way he's doing it. If he wanted to go to Madrid, why not say it instead of going on about how it's his dream :confused:

I think he's forgotten that the club and its fans are the only ones who stood by him after the 2006 World Cup when he was probably the most hated person in England. If that's how he wants to thank them then he truly is a complete prat.

I used to like him, now I just see him as an arrogant idiot, hope he moves to Madrid soon :)[/quote']

Absolutely agree with your statement George :) . As you say, there is a way to ask for a move, even if it is a dream move for you, but plastering it all over the papers is not the way. For him to 'insult' Ferguson the way he is, is truely unacceptable.

Ferguson almost took him in like a son after the infamous incident in the World Cup. Many a manager would have cashed in then to avoid the difficult times ahead. But Ferguson backed him all the way and has created the unbelievable talent he now has become. I would go as far as to say that Ferguson even compromised on his traditional principles of not singling out any players. He traditionally shunned interviewees comments praising individual players and always emphasised the team aspect. For Ronaldo he made an exception and coaxed him through the difficult times. For Ronaldo to now say that "he doesn't need Ferguson" is not on. A part of me perhaps feels Ferguson has backed him too much and in some ways this has made Ronaldo's in-bred arrogance come to the fore. I'm sure Ferguson, today, will be feeling the same.

As for letting him rot, it's simply not an option and a non-starter in my opinion. I can think of 70million reasons not to do this (or whatever the proposed transfer fee is now). If selling him can fund the signings of Berbatov, Robinho and others for example, then I'm sure the majority of Man U fans will not complain. Keeping him against his will, will disrupt team spirit, morale and planning and cause some disruption which may affect the next campaign. Remember, he could leave via the "Webster ruling" for considerably less money soon anyway, so keeping him just does not make sense. Man U have made their point by reporting Real Madrid to FIFA, but selling him now is the best option. Sell him get an even better squad and knock Real Madrid out in the Champions league next season - the perfect revenge I say :D

Absolutely agree with your statement George :) . As you say' date=' there is a way to ask for a move, even if it is a dream move for you, but plastering it all over the papers is not the way. For him to 'insult' Ferguson the way he is, is truely unacceptable.

Ferguson almost took him in like a son after the infamous incident in the World Cup. Many a manager would have cashed in then to avoid the difficult times ahead. But Ferguson backed him all the way and has created the unbelievable talent he now has become. I would go as far as to say that Ferguson even compromised on his traditional principles of not singling out any players. He traditionally shunned interviewees comments praising individual players and always emphasised the team aspect. For Ronaldo he made an exception and coaxed him through the difficult times. For Ronaldo to now say that "he doesn't need Ferguson" is not on. A part of me perhaps feels Ferguson has backed him too much and in some ways this has made Ronaldo's in-bred arrogance come to the fore. I'm sure Ferguson, today, will be feeling the same.

As for letting him rot, it's simply not an option and a non-starter in my opinion. I can think of 70million reasons not to do this (or whatever the proposed transfer fee is now). If selling him can fund the signings of Berbatov, Robinho and others for example, then I'm sure the majority of Man U fans will not complain. Keeping him against his will, will disrupt team spirit, morale and planning and cause some disruption which may affect the next campaign. Remember, he could leave via the "Webster ruling" for considerably less money soon anyway, so keeping him just does not make sense. Man U have made their point by reporting Real Madrid to FIFA, but selling him now is the best option. Sell him get an even better squad and knock Real Madrid out in the Champions league next season - the perfect revenge I say :D[/quote']

Agree with george and smarty.

In my view why do man u still want him his attitude to them is disrespectful saying he doasnt care if he upsets fergison evan tho he has made his carrier fluish and without him madrid woudnt want him an he wount have been so good at sporting as he is playing round so quiltly players at united. Fergie helped him loads when he was gettng critisised for diving and after the world cup as smarty said he took him in as a son as did all of the united players. He won the fans back who supported him now would madrid fans do that. He also said that he doasnt care if he upsets the fans now what kind of attitude his that. If i was a united fan id say get lost we doint want some one like you at our club. Let him go get 100mil or wat ever the price is u could get 4 or 5 quilty players for that + the extra 20 mil glazers have givan you. In the end get rid of ronaldo you doint need some one like that at ur club.

Real Madrid out in the Champions league next season - the perfect revenge I say :D

Wouldn't it just?! :)

The manner in which he has conducted himself has been disrespectful to say the least. He has shown no loyalty to the club and especially the fans, who stood by him after the Rooney red card debacle, even when the rest of England hated him.

Lots of players want to ply their trade at the Bernabéu, and for obvious reasons. I wouldn't knock him on that. It's just the way in which he has carried himself over the past few months, keeping the fans in limbo and playing United and Real off against eachother that irritates me.

If Real are going to offer 80 Million then Manchester United would be foolish to reject that. That is a huge amount of money and added on top of the Glazer's transfer kitty would give them considerable funds to throw their weight around in the transfer market.

Also, is it any wonder Scolari has been advising Ronaldo to move to Madrid? He doesn't want to be up against him when he takes over Chelsea! :P

Ronaldo is contracted to United and if United dont wish to sell him, they dont have to, and nor do they have to play him. They can legally and quite rightly let him rot, its completely up to them. They are doing nothing wrong, the courts could do nothing at all.

I reckon they shud not play him for one season they sod him off.

Im starting to hate Ronaldo now' date=' i totally agree with Adamski, the way he has dealt with this is discraceful!

What he has put Fergie and all Man Utd fans through! :rolleyes:

[b']If he decides to stay at Man Utd, i think the fans could turn against him.[/b]

i allready have :o

Ronaldo is contracted to United and if United dont wish to sell him' date=' they dont have to, and nor do they have to play him. They can legally and quite rightly let him rot, its completely up to them. They are doing nothing wrong, the courts could do nothing at all.

I reckon they shud not play him for one season they sod him off.[/quote']

I just can't see them doing that and I can't see them getting away with it if they did. Knowing Fifa, they would come up with some sort of new legislation and Ronaldo and Real would be in the courts over "human rights infringement". Just can't see it happening but would love to.

I'm split both ways i felt Portugal had no chance in Euro 2008 with everything going on, if Ronaldo wants to play for madrid let him they can keep him and not play him which will ruin his career, Man Utd patronise players to joining clubs one name that comes to mind is Carrick, Madrid have done it for years blowing massive amounts of money on Players

- Beckham

- Owen

Now Ronaldo and United dont like taste of there own medecine this has been shot United keep denying his move but if he stays will he be playing his best probabaly not, if he wants to move Uniuted have no right to step in front of it, if he didnt sign for United i'm positive some other team would have discorvered him. Real Madrid always get there man remember Nistlerooy had an unstoppable season at United then signed for Madrid it alwasy ends up with a break down in the relationship between manager and player the boot incident between Fergie and Beckham, hes going i dont think after this United should keep him he wont play his best if his dream is denied.

A part of me is excited about Ronaldo's move to Madrid. Yes it's an undeniable loss but we have a great squad, we're the European champions, and a great manager that will have a transfer kitty of somewhere in the region of £60m+. Every cloud...

It may be poor english but i think the way Ronaldo has dealt with this whole thing is disgraceful. Ferguson and United made him' date=' he doesnt clarify his future at all, should of just admitted it. And publicily saying he doesnt care if he upset / angers ferguson and united is desgraceful, he is not bigger than the football club and im sure Ferguson many a time has said, he will let him rot, and not sell him if he wants to go[/quote']

100% agree with you, Cristiano Ronaldo would be nothing without Manchester United and Sir Alex Ferguson; the player is a superstar now, a greedy one at that. He's a brilliant player, that I would love to stay at Manchester United but if he wants to go, I say let him, take the money after all Ferguson, buy some better players - it's possible - Ronaldo is one player, not a team.

Of course there are a lot of ifs and buts within this post but it's not unthinkable that the team below could be United's first choice 11 next year. This is why I have no feelings of panic regarding Ronaldo's exit...

GK - Foster

LB - Evra

RB - Hargreaves

CB - Ferdinand

CB - Vidic

LM - Nani

RM - Robinho

DM - Carrick

AM - Anderson

F - Rooney

F - Benzema

...and they're all of a good age.

Of course there are a lot of ifs and buts within this post but it's not unthinkable that the team below could be United's first choice 11 next year. This is why I have no feelings of panic regarding Ronaldo's exit...

GK - Foster

LB - Evra

RB - Hargreaves

CB - Ferdinand

CB - Vidic

LM - Nani

RM - Robinho

DM - Carrick

AM - Anderson

F - Rooney

F - Benzema

...and they're all of a good age.

I quite like that line up tbh :P

He is a disgrace to Manchester United, the club that actually made him into a superstar and the way he repays them..

But many United fans have said that they don't really care if he wants to leave, we'll just get another LOYAL winger:o

I think Adam is right,

United should keep him on the bench for one whole season then tell him to sod off.

I just can't see them doing that and I can't see them getting away with it if they did. Knowing Fifa' date=' they would come up with some sort of new legislation and Ronaldo and Real would be in the courts over "human rights infringement". Just can't see it happening but would love to.[/quote']

The worlds gone mad but not that mad, i think in a court his 100k a week pay cheque would write off any stories off human rights be tampered with !:P

Well, all of you saying "I am starting to hate Ronaldo now", I have been saying how arrogant he is and how much he demands respect and thinks of himself as above everyone and now everyone starts to dislike him.....It is no surprise what so ever to me to see how he has dealt with all of this and how he has acted.....

He is a disgrace as the other thread suggests....This just shows what he is really like off the pitch and how people are wrong when they say "He seems really nice in person" but when you see this you realize how wrong you were....He has kept the United fans that do actually care hanging on with the belief that he loves them and wants to entertain them and just turns around and dumps on them.....What a role model....!

Ferguson should kick or should have kicked his boot at him like in a previous incident...;) , give him a reason tot leave...

We don't need players like him in the Prem, his skills will be replaced by some other amazing young talent that will be found soon....I certainly wont miss the cheating, I wont go into that at all as I will just annoy everyone but all I can say is after this whole series of events involving him ....GOOD RIDDANCE!!

I probably would have liked him at Real Madrid but as much as I hate the scum Sir Alex Ferguson is a man that deserves respect off absolutely everyone in the football world...Especially a greasy haired little pansy should shoe him respect after making him what he is....

Everything Ronaldo does just irritates me....more and more with every new thing...

United fans are better off without him...

well should turn round to real and say yes u can have him for 85m but not paying over time all cash .Then lets see if they have it always the same paying installments bull . Other week real said we have the cash in place to pay for him prove it . I would ask for 85m all in cash no player swaps unless alex rates them. Most transfers with them are x amount if win league x amount if win champion league and other cups and x amount on games . Should also make sure he cant say for chelsea for 5 years also . As i have a feeling thats whats really going on. I might be wrong with the chelsea thing but still make sure he cant say for them.