Ronaldo - "I do not need Ferguson"

Re: Ronaldo - "I do not need Ferguson"

im allowed to have an opinion on how ronaldo is acting :confused:

unless you have reading problems mate I never said anything like that? can you see the bit I quoted you on? :confused:

with the above comments you are making yourself look a little silly' date=' because in 1 post you are slamming gizb for having his own opinion and now you are saying you are entitled to one? (just because its different to your own) :confused:

Yeh his skill hasnt got any different but the final product has, when he first joined ronaldo was ball greedy, couldnt finish for poo and he dived constantly

Now he has that final product, hes got a great finish on him and he pass's and yeh he still dives but not as much as he used to, United have disciplined him and made him the player he is today :) nuff said really

yup said that in my post, but how old was he? Im not saying Fergie hasnt worked well with him but all those things would have improved over time anyways I dont need to prove this point because you can just look at every world class player in the world who doesnt play for Man Utd, they all improved those same skills at different clubs as there years moved on

yup said that in my post' date=' but how old was he? Im not saying Fergie hasnt worked well with him but all those things would have improved over time anyways I dont need to prove this point because you can just look at every world class player in the world who doesnt play for Man Utd, they all improved those same skills at different clubs as there years moved on[/quote']

All im saying is Ronaldo is being ungreatfull to fergi & united as they've made him the player he is today, you know that as much as i do :)

Either way id sell him for w.e amount of money it is .. £80m i heard, with that amount of money you can buy at least 3 quality players such as arshavin so let ronaldo go, i can put my life on it he will regret it at some point

unless you have reading problems mate I never said anything like that? can you see the bit I quoted you on? :confused:

with the above comments you are making yourself look a little silly' date=' because in 1 post you are slamming gizb for having his own opinion and now you are saying you are entitled to one? (just because its different to your own) :confused: [/b']

yup said that in my post, but how old was he? Im not saying Fergie hasnt worked well with him but all those things would have improved over time anyways I dont need to prove this point because you can just look at every world class player in the world who doesnt play for Man Utd, they all improved those same skills at different clubs as there years moved on

because of these things is more worth be silent and not respond to anything.. :|

well for once... I totally agree :)

tbh I don't see the big deal with Real madrid these days' date=' they are a great side and always will be but world wide I thought Man Utd was the bigger club now.

If I was Ronaldo the only thing which would temp me away would be the wether, maybe its the money who knows.

I still stick by my comments about Ronaldo and doing it in the "big games" and the euro's have just backed up my point.

I think Rooney is far more important to Man Utd than Ronaldo is although his goals obviously make that a hard statement to backup. I actually think Nani will do a very good job of replacing Ronaldo anyway if he decides to leave.

People say Nani over uses his tricks and showboats to often (although I love that side to the game) but people were saying those exact things about Ronaldo in his 1st season in the EPL.

This wont be the first time Sir Alex has had to get rid of a key player and cope, hes done it many, many times.[/quote']

There was a stat out last season that was something like; of all the games united lost last year, rooney only played in 1 of them. I think that shows how important he is to us.

On a side issue, if we sell him, I hope we sell him to Barcelona on the sly. maybe a dream swap for messi, or just to get back at Real.

btw' date=' the word bollox isn't in my dictionary.. :confused: Maybe i have to buy the new version of Longman or the new version of Oxford advanced learner's.. :s[/quote']

Sry for going off the topic but Gizb mate u had me rolling on the floor with laughter after reading that. The way u posted it was outrgaous. :D

debates also cause divisions and malaise.. ^^

Had a good laugh after this one as well. Boy do u have a good sense of humour. :D

I think gibz wasnt far wrong with his comments' date=' When Ronaldo joined Man Utd he was showing as much skill and flair as he is now if you dont belive me then have a look at some clips of your club when he first joined so gizb is 100% correct in saying Sporting made Ronaldo the player he is.[/quote']

Well all i can say is that Ronaldo did have alot of skills when came to manu but manu completed his developement. Playing in Sporting is very different from playing in a team like manchester united. The Portuguese league is far behind the EPL. So is Sporting far behind Manu. The type of football he woul have played with united and even the players he played with and against would have been far superior than the ones he would have played against with Lisbon. ;) So therefore i can conclude by saying manu made Ronaldo the player he is and not Sporting.

Ronaldo would have made his name no matter what club he went to wether it was Man Utd' date=' Madrid, Barca etc its not like Man Utd plucked some unkown tallent from Portugal.[/quote']

Lets asume he left and went to Real instead of Manu. He would not have got a place in the frist darn 11. At theat time they still had Zidane, Figo, Beckham, Raul etc. etc. etc. He would have been rotting on the bench instead of playing first tesam football. :eek: So very typical of Madrid. :rolleyes: Same would go for Barca. On the other hand he came to manu and he got a taste of first team football almost immediately(coz Beckham left, but still....). Plus he was playing along great and talented players. So again i say if he had not joint manu he would never have gotten so good ;)

1 thing Fergie did do a good job with was cutting some of his diving (not all) out of his game and also improved his "final" product because at times (like Nani now) was making the wrong decision at the end but that would have also imrpoved with time because he was sooo young at the time but his ability was ALWAYS there.

Yes Fergie did cut out alot of diving from his game but that is not all. He always had faith in Ronaldo. Always had his back. Stood by him. Encourged him. You say that his finishing and making the wrong decision would have happened anyway. But it would have taken him years more. If he did not have a manager like SAF and if he never played with such great players he would nevr have had the class or the qualtiy to scored 40+goals in a season like he just has. ;):)

Sry for going off the topic but Gizb mate u had me rolling on the floor with laughter after reading that. The way u posted it was outrgaous. :D

1) Had a good laugh after this one as well. Boy do u have a good sense of humour. :D

2)Well all i can say is that Ronaldo did have alot of skills when came to manu but manu completed his developement. Playing in Sporting is very different from playing in a team like manchester united. The Portuguese league is far behind the EPL. So is Sporting far behind Manu. The type of football he woul have played with united and even the players he played with and against would have been far superior than the ones he would have played against with Lisbon. ;) So therefore i can conclude by saying manu made Ronaldo the player he is and not Sporting.

Lets asume he left and went to Real instead of Manu. He would not have got a place in the frist darn 11. At theat time they still had Zidane' date=' Figo, Beckham, Raul etc. etc. etc. He would have been rotting on the bench instead of playing first tesam football. :eek: So very typical of Madrid. :rolleyes: Same would go for Barca. On the other hand he came to manu and he got a taste of first team football almost immediately(coz Beckham left, but still....). Plus he was playing along great and talented players. So again i say if he had not joint manu he would never have gotten so good ;)

Yes Fergie did cut out alot of diving from his game but that is not all. He always had faith in Ronaldo. Always had his back. Stood by him. Encourged him. You say that his finishing and making the wrong decision would have happened anyway. But it would have taken him years more. If he did not have a manager like SAF and if he never played with such great players he would nevr have had the class or the qualtiy to scored 40+goals in a season like he just has. ;):)[/quote']

1) i am more old than u 5 years.. :confused:

2) following your reasoning who made Flamini, Adebayor, Clichy was Arsene Wenger.. but i think you are wrong, who made them where the clubs where they grown since youngs. who bet in them and who helped them to correct the errors. Is normal that players only achieve the maturity when they are more old and it coincides when they move to another country and club. and if Sporting not bet in him and just bet in paralytic players Man Utd never would have that ''star''.. and the EPL is better than our league because your teams are in debt.. and when the bank leave to trust in clubs, the football will change and your teams will ruin.. United are a better team with the money they have but Sporting with the low sources and with a good youth academy not are far behind them.

Mark my words...United will come out of this in fine condition. I've mentioned it already in this very thread but I'll reiterate. Baring in mind the squad we already have...I would happily swap Ronaldo in exchange for Benzema and Robinho. And it's not unthinkable that, come the start of the season, that will be our situation. B)

Guest melbguy1

It is going to be interesting to see what Man U do with the money from his sale as UEFA are looking really closely at Man U's financial situation to the point where they have publically shamed them for being in so much debt. So maybe they won't splurge every cent from the sale to by players....

And Man U didn't make C.Ronaldo.... the poor quality of the other 16 teams made C.Ronaldo's name.:)

It is going to be interesting to see what Man U do with the money from his sale as UEFA are looking really closely at Man U's financial situation to the point where they have publically shamed them for being in so much debt. So maybe they won't splurge every cent from the sale to by players....

And how has that got anything to do with UEFA? There is no law limiting the amount of debt a club can be in (nor can there be any legally binding rule). UEFA only have the power to regulate the 'football' side of things. The 'business' aspect is regulated by the laws outside the game, in exactly the same way as any other company you might find on the stock market.

They can 'shame' United all they like... at the end of the day running a football club is a business the same as any other. As long as the banks are happy lending United so much money (which they obviously are, or United would never have accumulated so much debt to begin with), the only people who will decide how much to spend are the people who sit in the United board room.

If UEFA try to punish United in any way, I'm pretty sure they would be violating a couple of European trade laws. If United want to spend all £80mil on new players, then £80mil will be spent whether UEFA like it or not.

Guest melbguy1

And how has that got anything to do with UEFA? There is no law limiting the amount of debt a club can be in (nor can there be any legally binding rule). UEFA only have the power to regulate the 'football' side of things. The 'business' aspect is regulated by the laws outside the game' date=' in exactly the same way as any other company you might find on the stock market.

They can 'shame' them all they like... at the end of the day running a football club is a business the same as any other. As long as the banks are happy lending United so much money (which they obviously are, or United would never have accumulated so much debt to begin with), the only people who will decide how much to spend are the Glazers.

If UEFA try to punish United in any way, I'm pretty sure they would be violating a couple of European trade laws. If United want to spend all £80mil on new players, then £80mil will be spent whether UEFA like it or not.[/quote']

Your correct mate, but after the president comes out and says something like

“Look at the debts of Chelsea and Manchester United. Fifa and Uefa owe it to themselves to fight this. Because today it’s those who cheat who win.

“We are going to need to find a solution. We’re starting to work on it, but I am very concerned by clubs being bought by foreigners."

And as you said, there is no law, although it doesn't mean one will be made though....

I think all I'm saying is that if Man U don't put some of that money away to attept to lower their huge debt, UEFA are going to be looking at that with a very dim view which could cause problems for Man U in the future.

We have no choice but to pay some of the Glazers debt off. That's the reality of our situation. The upside is that both buying quality players and paying off part of the debt is do-able as Ronaldo's transfer fee will be astronomical. However anyone that thinks the club will pay debt for any other reasons than their own are sadly misguided as to how much power Platini and Blatter possess. Men like the Glazers and Abramovich do not get bullied.

And as you said' date=' there is no law, although it doesn't mean one will be made though....[/quote']

Yeah, UEFA can make a new law... but as soon as anything goes to court, UEFA will be overruled by EU trade laws. UEFA are completely powerless where finance is concerned, because anything they try to do has to comply with what Brussels says. The only time UEFA could do anything at all is if United went into administration/liquidation, and with their turnover as strong as it is, that's less likely than seeing a pig fly past your bedroom window.

As long as United keep paying the lenders at the rates they previously agreed, all UEFA can do is moan a bit to the press about how unfair things are.

Guest melbguy1

Yeah' date=' UEFA can make a new law... but as soon as anything goes to court, UEFA will be overruled by EU trade laws. UEFA are completely powerless where finance is concerned, because anything they try to do has to comply with what Brussels says. The only time UEFA could do anything at all is if United went into administration/liquidation, and with their turnover as strong as it is, that's less likely than seeing a pig fly past your bedroom window.

As long as United keep paying the lenders at the rates they previously agreed, all UEFA can do is moan a bit to the press about how unfair things are.[/quote']

thats not entirely true... I'm 99% sure there's been teams that have been excluded from European competitions because of financial reasons..

UEFA would just change the criteria as to what is a 'bad financial situtation'.

man u should agree to sell him to madrid.

in my opinion ronaldo doesnt play that well in big games united are involved in, he tends to score the majority of his goals against the lesser teams in the prem.

ronaldo insists real is his dream move and real say they would love to have him, so lets see how much real really want him... forget sums of 70 million, demand 100 million +. OR sneijder, ramos + cash. Real probably wouldnt agree, that'll show ronaldo dont love him that much. then united shoud p.e ronaldo for messi. this would annoy madrid as their rivals have their star player, and also ronaldo as he hasnt got his dream move.:)

thats not entirely true... I'm 99% sure there's been teams that have been excluded from European competitions because of financial reasons..

UEFA would just change the criteria as to what is a 'bad financial situtation'.

Yes they have. Those are the clubs that went into administration or liquidation like I mentioned. The European Union allows that, as the owners are no longer in control of the business. Actual numerical values mean nothing, as long as a club is stable. UEFA don't act because of a club's financial situation, they act because the owners are no longer in control of the club's assets... so it isn't directly because of debt.

It's possible for a business to collapse from being just a few hundred in debt... it's also possible to be billions in debt and remain stable (UEFA are within their rights to act on the first case, but can't legally do anything about the second).

UEFA don't set that criteria... it's all to do with economics. UEFA can't control United's investors and the stock market.

man u should agree to sell him to madrid.

in my opinion ronaldo doesnt play that well in big games united are involved in' date=' he tends to score the majority of his goals against the lesser teams in the prem.

ronaldo insists real is his dream move and real say they would love to have him, so lets see how much real really want him... forget sums of 70 million, [b']demand 100 million +. OR sneijder, ramos + cash. Real probably wouldnt agree, that'll show ronaldo dont love him that much. then united shoud p.e ronaldo for messi. this would annoy madrid as their rivals have their star player, and also ronaldo as he hasnt got his dream move[/b].:)

You've been playing too much FIFA 08, join the real world.

You've been playing too much FIFA 08' date=' join the real world.[/quote']

i kno that the deal is extravagant, but it will subdue madrids interest for a while if we offer them ronaldo for a ridiculously large sum. and i am very much in the real world

yes but the fact man u will let him go for a price real arent prepared to offer means a deal cannot be done. so we keep ronaldo, and he will have to play to a fairly decent level so madrids interest continues.

To be honest, it's better for United to let Ronaldo go now than try to scare Madrid off. At the end of next season, I'm almost certain Ronaldo has the right to buy out his contract, so if his heart is set on Madrid he would end up leaving for probably around £35-40mil. I'd rather get rid of him now while the price is high than risk losing him for half as much in the future.

yes but the fact man u will let him go for a price real arent prepared to offer means a deal cannot be done. so we keep ronaldo' date=' and he will have to play to a fairly decent level so madrids interest continues.[/quote']

Thats unbelievably naive mate, A player who doesnt want to be at a club will not perform and Madrid arent stupid, they know this. If anything they will take his poor performances as a small win if united dont sell. Those performances would not put them off at all as they know the reason for it. and how excatly does that make United come out on top ? They would be playing a player who doesnt wanna play for them, gives in poor performances, gets paid 100k a week, sounds like they are loosing out to me.