Ronaldo - "I do not need Ferguson"

Re: Ronaldo - "I do not need Ferguson"

yes but the fact man u will let him go for a price real arent prepared to offer means a deal cannot be done. so we keep ronaldo' date=' and he will have to play to a fairly decent level so madrids interest continues.[/quote']

I'm not sure what you mean?

You saying Man Utd should ask for an impossible deal to try and keep him? Why would they want to keep a player that doesn't want to play for them?

yes but the fact man u will let him go for a price real arent prepared to offer means a deal cannot be done. so we keep ronaldo' date=' and he will have to play to a fairly decent level so madrids interest continues.[/quote']

It doesn't work like that.

Manchester United can't hold Madrid to ransom. Madrid are in the driving seat in the sense that Ronaldo wants to join them. If Ronaldo wants to leave then I can't see what United can do to stop that. After all, time and time again we have seen players sign big contracts and then move the folowing season. When they want to go, that's it. This means United have to sit down and work out a deal with Real. Or, they can "let him rot" in the stands as they said but as I've said before, I don't think they would do this and if they did there would be complications. Fifa would definately come calling.

I don't think they would do this and if they did there would be complications. Fifa would definately come calling.

I strongly disagree with this, United can play him when they want, if they want. He signed a contract, its not breaking any part of his contract and FIFA could do nothing.

I strongly disagree with this' date=' United can play him when they want, if they want. He signed a contract, its not breaking any part of his contract and FIFA could do nothing.[/quote']

Well we will have to agree to disagree. :)

I firmly believe United wouldn't be able to not play Ronaldo for a full season, "in protest" of not wanting to sell him to Madrid. I really think there would be consequences.

well man u are in the driving seat as they currently own ronaldo, and therefore dont need to sell him just because he wants to go. if you remember heinze wanted to transfer to l'pool but united wouldnt allow it and sold him to madrid instead. this is the same situation again but with a better player and there is nothing stopping united from selling ronaldo to another club or from keeping him, so united are in the driving seat.

yeah FIFA would probably slate them, but end of the day if they dont want to play a player who they paid for and he signed a contract they dont have to. I not doubting there woulldnt be a huge uproar but legally, they would have done nothing wrong.

Anyways, Ronaldo is a disgrace :P

well man u are in the driving seat as they currently own ronaldo' date=' and therefore dont need to sell him just because he wants to go. if you remember heinze wanted to transfer to l'pool but united wouldnt allow it and sold him to madrid instead. this is the same situation again but with a better player and there is nothing stopping united from selling ronaldo to another club or from keeping him, so united are in the driving seat.[/quote']

That means nothing, they still sold him ? its not about whoch clubs wants him, its he fact he wants to go. United have his contract and thats the only thing on there side, and that contract wont last forever.

He wants to go to Madrid, Madrid want him, fans are turning on him. Everything is in Madrids favour !

Well we will have to agree to disagree. :)

I firmly believe United wouldn't be able to not play Ronaldo for a full season' date=' "in protest" of not wanting to sell him to Madrid. I really think there would be consequences.[/quote']

I don't know why there is even talk of not playing him "in protest", if thats the way football is going then OMFG.....It is really going downhill....

FIFA can't do anything, The Scum own the player, he works for them so as an employee he has to work to United's rules.....They wont "let him rot" anyway, they are just annoyed and hurt that he wants to leave....

I don't know why there is even talk of not playing him "in protest"' date=' [/b']if thats the way football is going then OMFG.....It is really going downhill....

FIFA can't do anything, The Scum own the player, he works for them so as an employee he has to work to United's rules.....They wont "let him rot" anyway, they are just annoyed and hurt that he wants to leave....

The reason there is talk about not playing him in protest is because Ferguson publicly stated that the Glazers would not back down on this and would rather put him in the stands to prove a point, rather than sell him to Madrid.

Protest...i remember a case just like this few years ago...Michael Essien while he played for Lyon and sparked interest from Chelsea he wasn't allowed to transfer at first but after striking and refusing to play for Lyon he was allowed to leave...

I hope this won't be a similar case for Ronaldo rather take the 80 mil now and leave it at that!

this isnt my post I saw it on a skysports article and thought I would put it on here...

"Did Ferguson forgot so quickly what he did to Bayern Munich about Owen Hargreaves? Quite simple: Bayern did not want to sell their player and United forced them to do it, even though he had just signed a new contract with them. The same happened with Wayne Rooney. Everton did not want to sell him and again United forced them to do so. United is a club with no morals and they should just stop whingeing.

Any employee has the right to look for a job that offers him the best financial rewards and that's just what Ronaldo is doing. I just feel sorry for people like the guy here who said that he wishes that Ronaldo breaks his leg in his first game for Real if he moves. What a shame! This is just football! And a footballers career is very short. They have to try to secure the best possible deals on offer.

Not all of them become managers and I don't think that Ronaldo has the qualifications to become one when is playing days are over. He has the right to earn as much as he can while he can still play football. That's life! Pure and simple!"

this isnt my post I saw it on a skysports article and thought I would put it on here..

"Did Ferguson forgot so quickly what he did to Bayern Munich about Owen Hargreaves? Quite simple: Bayern did not want to sell their player and United forced them to do it' date=' even though he had just signed a new contract with them. The same happened with Wayne Rooney. Everton did not want to sell him and again United forced them to do so. United is a club with no morals and they should just stop whingeing.

Any employee has the right to look for a job that offers him the best financial rewards and that's just what Ronaldo is doing. I just feel sorry for people like the guy here who said that he wishes that Ronaldo breaks his leg in his first game for Real if he moves. What a shame! This is just football! And a footballers career is very short. They have to try to secure the best possible deals on offer.

Not all of them become managers and I don't think that Ronaldo has the qualifications to become one when is playing days are over. He has the right to earn as much as he can while he can still play football. That's life! Pure and simple![/quote']

That's completely true...and, for me, there is no denying it. United know it as well. They also know that being stubborn will only push Ronaldo's price up. Hence all the reports to FIFA and other shenanigans. God I hope Ronaldo goes very, very soon.

footballers careers are short but they are horrificly over paid. and they dont need 40k to compensate for a 10 year career, so part of that article is BS.

however my problem and most peoples prolem with the Ronaldo transfer saga is the way he has dealt with it.

1) He should of never said after winning the CL " i stay i stay " on international television.

2) He should of not stayed quiet about his future and just bleeding admitted it.

3) Shrug off united and Sir Alex ferguson, saying he doesnt need them when they contributed greatly towards his career and ability.

Personally i see Madrids actions wrong and immorale ! HOWEVER - United have done it in previous seasons and should whinge because its incredibly hypocritical.

footballers careers are short but they are horrificly over paid. and they dont need 40k to compensate for a 10 year career' date='[/quote']

If football was still a sport may agree with you but now its a multi million pound buisness,its not all Footballers that get paid this anyway ,only a certain percentage will make the big bucks,

Famous movie stars are paid millions for a single movie yet it dosnt stop people from going to the flicks at prices rising all the time just like season ticket prices do .

Man Utd make millions in shirt sales alone around the world ,but tell me what would sell more a Man Utd shirt with Wes Brown on it or one with Ronald/Rooney ETC.

Big clubs make a lot of money out of these players ,just like Movie stars that make billions for the Film makers these players do the same for Football ,why should they be happy to let Foreign owners /shareholders come in and rake all the profit ,you dont go into a ground and sit for 90 minutes stirring at the Directors box on their skills of eating caviar and smoking a Havana cigar :D ,also who is to say how long there career will last ,when many are cut short through injuries ,or if they dont when playing still can later because of playing football.

Yes i agree its to much but thats the price you pay in buisness if you want the best .:)