Devolution features..

Hi guys,

I'm not sure that these were mentioned before, so I'm doing it now..

First of all: When we check the results/tables list, we can see a little kit next to the team's name.. Why? Where are the little club badges?? It was much more better and practic, because was easier to find a club by its badge.. This little kit thing is useless.. And so as the tables, isntead of badges, there are those kits.. Cant understand why..

Second: When we checked the tables, the italic texted clubs were unmanaged. Now this feature removed too, I dont know why.. It was easier to follow that how many unmanaged clubs are in a division...

And at last, I'm sure that this was mentioned before so many times but..., and this is the job offer thing.. I hate this to be honest.. SM implemented this because of protecting clubs and players.. But.. Its a bad idea.. For example if someone managing a decent team in a WC, in second division, he doing well, then suddenly a Man U for example becoming unmanaged, and the chairman offering the job to that guy. Probably he will accept it, and his 2nd div team will be unmanaged, and NO ONE will take that team again.. And the setups will be empty because of this.. I dont like this.. And also I really enjoyed hunting for suddenly-left teams.. But now its impossible, because the chairmans are blocking this and offering these clubs within the setup.. But with this, the number of manager will not rise! And also... I can see tons of big clubs now in setups, which are unmanaged, and the chairman offering it to managers.. And no one accepting or taking over them.. And those big teams have been unmanaged for more than a week! The players now NMFs, and nothing happening.. I'm checking those clubs every day, but seeing allways that "unmanaged, the job offered blahblah".. And nothing is happening.. So I think this job offer is not a good idea.. These clubs are stucked because of this.. The chairmans are hunting for managers within setups, and the managers are not want to take those teams or simply too lazy to log in and answer for that offer... I think this will kill the setups...

Re: Devolution features..

Totally agree with the Italics for non managed teams, when SM 1st started they was in Italics then for some bizzare reason they was changed to normal.

many, many months ago I made a thread pleading for them to be changed back to italics and credit to SM they did it but now they have been changed back again :confused:

This is a horrid feature it really is, the only thing I can think off is so people cant see how empty some setups are.

as for the Job offers I love that feature, there might be a few bugs and flaws at the moment but SM will iron those out. the feature has only just been added so there is always going to be a few glitches but I think its an excellent addition.

IMO all these new improvements and anti-cheating settings (like that one who don't allow me to buy players from an unmanaged team till 48 h pass:mad: ) are ruining the game and I'm more and more angry every day because we have more and more advertisments and stupid sounds added to game

IMO all these new improvements and anti-cheating settings (like that one who don't allow me to buy players from an unmanaged team till 48 h pass:mad: ) are ruining the game and I'm more and more angry every day because we have more and more advertisments and stupid sounds added to game

another feature I myself love, I think that makes SM harder which is a good thing. it also protects teams for future managers and teams for being plundged within a day as soon as a manager quits this can only be a good thing. you dont really see a whole squad of players leave a team in real life 2 hours with them becoming unmanaged for silly pirces.

I just dont understand the italics thing, it takes away a great feature without adding anything at all to the game

Oh yes, this 48 hours thing.. Totally cant follow, 48 hours is exactly from the event of leaving a club or not? What happening is someone leaving a club and the chairman offering it to someone but that manager rejecting it/doesnt give answer in that 48 hour period? Will that club be available for "external" managers or the chairman will fight again with others? I've seen both cases, but tbh its not fair because now we really cant follow how to get a team.. We dont know the system, and also we cant follow anything.. For example, yesterday morning I saw that a player transferred from Liverpool to Arsenal for chairman value.. OMG , was it unmanaged?? What about the chairman thing?? And Liverpool was unmanaged, but the chairman offered the job to someone.. But how this happened?? Liverpool was unmanaged, but a club was able to sign someone from that club while it was unmanaged, then suddenly the chairman offered the job to someone.. Really cant follow this...

Actually they should make that 48 hours period in a 24 one because it's enough.

Anyway , I'm watching the club from my leagues daily and I don't think that it's fair that a manager who simply add a good player on his shortlist to make a higher offer than me when he see that I have done a bid.

For example in one of my leagues , OL is unmanaged for more than 48 hours and after that period I offered 21 M for Juninho because I couldn't offer more and the manager from Inter who shortlisted the player saw the offer and although it undisclosed , he offered 25 M

another feature I myself love' date=' I think that makes SM harder which is a good thing. it also protects teams for future managers and teams for being plundged within a day as soon as a manager quits this can only be a good thing. you dont really see a whole squad of players leave a team in real life 2 hours with them becoming unmanaged for silly pirces.

I just dont understand the italics thing, it takes away a great feature without adding anything at all to the game[/quote']

And how about the badges thing?

Okay, I understand that You like this offer thing.. But lets state sg, an example: There is a setup, a WC, 38 managed clubs from 80 (unfortunately too much almost empty setups nowadays, because of this "buy a standard setup" thing.., everyone buys one and the giant teams are managed only.. ). Where was I? Oh yes, so 38 managers.. Then suddenly someone quits from Liverpool, okay? So 37 managers left. The chairman offering Liverpool for Dynamo Kyiv manager.. he accepting it, that measn Pool has manager, and Kyiv will be unmanaged.. That means still 37 managers. BUT! What would happened without this job offer? Simple.. 38 managers, Liverpool guy quits, 37 managers left, but someone EXTERNAL MANAGER takes control of Pool: that means 38 managers again. Because we can be sure that the giants like Man U, Milan, etc WILL BE MANAGED WHATEVER HAPPENS. Never mind how bad its squad, WILL BE MANAGED! I saw several Chelseas, for example which hadnt got 91+ players, but was allways managed. So I think the big ones will find managers allways, more easier without the chairman.. And because of the offers, the smaller ones will be unmanaged teams..

I think that the offer job feature is good but only in those leagues where the big clubs are unmanaged for more than 24H for example.

Thats not bad.. The chairman should wait a bit.. Protect the players but allow external managers to take control of these clubs.. But if this is not happening for x hours, the chairman will make a move. Good idea.

• 4 weeks later...

Since this job offer thing is included, the whole transfer system is ruined..

- The 48 hours period is not 48 hours, sometimes its much more than 48 hours, You cant build on this, You have no idea when You'll be able to take control of a club or sign player from it

- The chairman is not protecting allways the clubs! Seen several times that unmanaged clubs lost a few players then the chairman offering it to someone and locks the transfers for x hours

- Since this job offer is alive, tons of giant teams loses their key players! Due to that around 48 hours thing (which is not 48) and the offering thing, managers from outside cannot control those teams which would have a manager easily, without this offering thing.. So instead of someone taking that club from outside and protecting the team, what will happen? The x hours expiring, the job offer still alive, and within the setup a few managers burglarizing the team, THEN the team become available for anyone.. AFTER they lose all the good players.. Wow, is this really an improvement??

i dont think the chairman is to blame for the lack of clubs managed in each setup, imo its all down to being able to buy setups, meaning there are far more teams than managers and this is why there are many setups with less than 20 teams in (especially in the EC's).

They need to sell the setups to create money tho so guess its swings and roundabouts lol;

Gold members = 6000+ (10 pound each)

Standard setups created by public = easily 2000+ (5 pound each)

customs setups created = 8500+ (10 pound each)

Money made = £155,000 + advertising money (wunt mind a bit of that :P)

Since this job offer thing is included' date=' the whole transfer system is ruined..

- The 48 hours period is not 48 hours, sometimes its much more than 48 hours, You cant build on this, You have no idea when You'll be able to take control of a club or sign player from it

- The chairman is not protecting allways the clubs! Seen several times that unmanaged clubs lost a few players then the chairman offering it to someone and locks the transfers for x hours

- Since this job offer is alive, tons of giant teams loses their key players! Due to that around 48 hours thing (which is not 48) and the offering thing, managers from outside cannot control those teams which would have a manager easily, without this offering thing.. So instead of someone taking that club from outside and protecting the team, what will happen? The x hours expiring, the job offer still alive, and within the setup a few managers burglarizing the team, THEN the team become available for anyone.. AFTER they lose all the good players.. Wow, is this really an improvement??[/quote']

Well its obviously an improvment just might need tweaking a bit like most things do when they are first released. SM can only change things based on feedback by the players so if people point out the above I'm sure they will look into it.

I love both features I would like the 48 hour thing even longer, but 48 is good enough. I do love the job offers thing as well had quite a few myself and I think its an excellent feature although going by your post above it seems it does need changing a bit.

Maybe the best way would be when a club becomes unmanaged it locks its players for 48 hours (as normal) but it also offers the job straight away to a manager and the manager gets 48 hours to decide. this way both times expire at the same time and what you are saying couldnt happen, although I thought this was already how it works :confused:

Neller: Thats why I wrote down my suggestions, because needs to repair these. And believe me, what I wrote down is true, happened.

superpower: Read my previous post, where I'm counting with teams, and You'll understand that this thing can be blamed a bit too.

Neller: Thats why I wrote down my suggestions' date=' because needs to repair these. And believe me, what I wrote down is true, happened.

superpower: Read my previous post, where I'm counting with teams, and You'll understand that this thing can be blamed a bit too.[/quote']

Yeah I know mate thats why I did the confused face thing, I didnt think it could happen but it obviously did.

and yeah I know your posts are only to improve things its better than just ignoring it because that never imroves anything.

Maybe the best way would be when a club becomes unmanaged it locks its players for 48 hours (as normal) but it also offers the job straight away to a manager and the manager gets 48 hours to decide. this way both times expire at the same time and what you are saying couldnt happen' date=' although I thought this was already how it works :confused:[/quote']

I can partially see where Mr. HoW is coming from, although I disagree with him that the improvement is bad for the game. Like you say Nells, the above is how it should be working but unfortunately it is not in several ways:

- The manager is offered the job straight away but can him/herself manipulate the offered job to their advantage. E.g Y is offered the Man City job at 9.30am. He/she does not want it but sees they have some very appetising players. He/she waits until 11.30pm to reject the offer and then makes bids for the players - at the same time others within the set-up do to. Result is a team shorn of it's players.

- Manager X is offered a job for Roma at 9.30pm. He does not respond to the offer and the offer expires. The club for some reason does not become manageable until 5.30 am the next day. Bids come in and the club is shorn of it's stars.

- For some reason the players do not always become locked. I believe something like this happened to Mr. NiceGuy (I think) with a GC team that Toggs gave up. As he took control, other teams had bid for all the stars ad he was left with no stars (although I think SM reversed the transfers thankfully)

All of these have happened in front of my own eyes and I'm assuming there are still some glitches. I think Nells is right Mr. How, you have to adapt to change, although the irregularities you have pointed out are valid. At the risk of sounding boring, if you see any of this happening, you must ticket it so SM see how prevalent it is. I would say that the current system, even with it's glitches is better than the one before where managers could take over clubs to either negotiate below the odds deals with their own main club or did so to collapse deals with opposing clubs :)

Smartdoc:

I'm confused a bit.. Practically You wrote down the situation: the offered manager can manipulate the things! Due to that he is the only one who knows who got the job offered, he know exactly when will expire, he can do the transfers for making stronger his team. This is bad. Its good that SM protects the suddenly-left teams, I've never said that this is bad. This is good. The problem is that the system is not clear for us. The 48 hour is still not 48 hour, believe me, in a setup, a good team is unmanaged a week ago, and its still says 48 hours message. In this time, the tactics and the formation are ruined..

We must be sure, that SM will protect EVERY GOOD TEAM for 48 hours, and not missing one or twos.

Basically, this is an improvement, but needs to fix it, because how can we use a system, live with it if we cant follow its rules exactly..?

Smartdoc:

I'm confused a bit.. Practically You wrote down the situation: the offered manager can manipulate the things! Due to that he is the only one who knows who got the job offered' date=' he know exactly when will expire, he can do the transfers for making stronger his team. This is bad. Its good that SM protects the suddenly-left teams, I've never said that this is bad. This is good. The problem is that the system is not clear for us. The 48 hour is still not 48 hour, believe me, in a setup, a good team is unmanaged a week ago, and its still says 48 hours message. In this time, the tactics and the formation are ruined..

We must be sure, that SM will protect EVERY GOOD TEAM for 48 hours, and not missing one or twos.

Basically, this is an improvement, but needs to fix it, because how can we use a system, live with it if we cant follow its rules exactly..?[/quote']

Sorry, if I've confused the situation more, but what I was trying to say in a roundabout way was that I agree with you :D . You are correct that some things need fixing re:the new rules :) . But at the same time, the only way to get it fixed is to ticket it. Unless we report it (and this means through channels which SM rely on i.e the ticket system) they may not even realise how big the problem is. I'm as confused as you and would go as far as to say different things occur on different occasions :confused: and this is not right.

The only thing I was disagreeing with was your initial statement that 'the transfer system is ruined'. It's changed and there are some things not quite right just yet, but it is not ruined in my opinion. Once the glitches are ironed out, it will be much improved from the previous system which allowed people to take over teams to either get players on the cheap for their main team or collapse legitamat bids from their opponents.

Sorry' date=' if I've confused the situation more, but what I was trying to say in a roundabout way was that I agree with you :D . You are correct that some things need fixing re:the new rules :) . But at the same time, the only way to get it fixed is to ticket it. Unless we report it (and this means through channels which SM rely on i.e the ticket system) they may not even realise how big the problem is. I'm as confused as you and would go as far as to say different things occur on different occasions :confused: and this is not right.

The only thing I was disagreeing with was your initial statement that 'the transfer system is ruined'. It's changed and there are some things not quite right just yet, but it is not ruined in my opinion. Once the glitches are ironed out, it will be much improved from the previous system which allowed people to take over teams to either get players on the cheap for their main team or collapse legitamat bids from their opponents.[/quote']

Oh, I see now Your point :)

Right, its not ruined, just impossible to figure out things sometimes. I'll send a ticket tomorrow to SM about these, and will see the response.

OMG. Quite a lively discussion, tho I didn't read the last few posts. Sorry bout that.

First off I would like to say. Ya, I really loved the little club crests, much more than the jerseys.

I think another way could be simply to lock down transfers for 48 hours or until a manager comes to manage it regardless of whether another manager within the setup accepts or rejects the job offer.

And basically, bug eradication, ya?

OMG. Quite a lively discussion' date=' tho I didn't read the last few posts. Sorry bout that.

First off I would like to say. Ya, I really loved the little club crests, much more than the jerseys.

I think another way could be simply to lock down transfers for 48 hours or until a manager comes to manage it regardless of whether another manager within the setup accepts or rejects the job offer.

And basically, bug eradication, ya?[/quote']

My suggestion is still that should allow in managers from "outside" too.. Sometimes I really cant follow the 48 hours thing! And this is really annoys me, I have no idea when will expire, or will expire???

Well, after ticketing with SM..:

They said that my suggestions had been resolved, so no points of those things I mentioned. That means they said SM protects every team for at least 48 hours (sometimes its longer, yes).

BUT! I'm still sure that SM still doesnt protects every clubs.. I saw a case yesterday.. again.. A club suddenly unmanaged, and managers robbed out immediately the team.. Where was the protection???

And the 48 hours period with other teams are still too long, and in an other case: I tried to make an offer for a player, it said the 48 hours thing. A little later (maybe few minutes) other team made an offer for that player!!! :eek:

So, its still not works properly and its still not 100% reliable.. :(

And btw they wont change back to badges instead of those silly kits at the tables and results screen..

Well' date=' after ticketing with SM..:[/u']

They said that my suggestions had been resolved, so no points of those things I mentioned. That means they said SM protects every team for at least 48 hours (sometimes its longer, yes).

BUT! I'm still sure that SM still doesnt protects every clubs.. I saw a case yesterday.. again.. A club suddenly unmanaged, and managers robbed out immediately the team.. Where was the protection???

And the 48 hours period with other teams are still too long, and in an other case: I tried to make an offer for a player, it said the 48 hours thing. A little later (maybe few minutes) other team made an offer for that player!!! :eek:

And btw they wont change back to badges instead of those silly kits at the tables and results screen..

i think they should make a pool in blog to know if people prefer badges or kits. I bet 70% prefer badges.

Well' date=' after ticketing with SM..:[/u']

that still sounds more like a bug so I would carry on reporting it, or post it on the bug page on the forum.

As for the badges maybe its something to do with licenses, rights, etc not sure tbh