Roman Pavlyuchenko

Blueseaofibrox

• 3 months later...

Re: Pavlyuchenko

After the Euros and his speculation of going to Celtic' date=' Barca, and Madrid do you think Pavlyuchenko will rise or stay the same?[/quote']

Been saying for a while he should rise. Best Centre forward in Russia by a mile, needs to move on now and establish himself as 1 of the best centre forwards in the world. because on his day, he is one of the best.

Would he have been playing if Pogrebnyak was fit? Or was he 1st choice anyway?

Regardless of that he's proved himself to be 1 of Europes top strikers. I think there's absolutely no chance of him going to Celtic. His transfer fee and wages would be way beyond what they could afford.

Would he have been playing if Pogrebnyak was fit? Or was he 1st choice anyway?

Regardless of that he's proved himself to be 1 of Europes top strikers. I think there's absolutely no chance of him going to Celtic. His transfer fee and wages would be way beyond what they could afford.

Im not sure, it would have been interesting to see who hiddink would have opted for had Pogrebnyak been fit, personally i think Pavlyuchenko is alot better, and hes now proved that. And to be honest, u are totally correct about what you say about the possibility of him moving to Celtic, he might aswel stay at Spartak than go there. Personally I think he is good enough to play for Real Madrid. I remember hearing strong rumours from a reliable source a few months back that they were heavily interested.

Well guys i'm not saying Pavlyuchenko is a bad player. He is a good player but his finishing does need to improve. IMO he wastes too many chances before he finally scores a goal. He is a goo player but i realyy do not see Barca or Real signing him. The best move for him imo would be to Celtic.

91 is a good enough rating imo but lets just ait and see what happens. :)

After the Euros and his speculation of going to Celtic' date=' Barca, and Madrid do you think Pavlyuchenko will rise or stay the same?[/quote']

He will only rise if he plays well. He's been fantastic in Russia and if he moves to Europe then he will need to show good form to rise.

Im not sure' date=' it would have been interesting to see who hiddink would have opted for had Pogrebnyak been fit, personally i think Pavlyuchenko is alot better, and hes now proved that.[/quote']

how can you say he has proved that he is better than pogrebnyak when we havent seen pogrebnyak play (at the euros). i think pogrebnyak wouldve started ahead of pavlychenko, i remember hearing a commentator saying that pavlychenko was doing a great job filling in for the injured pogrebnyak. i personally think pogrebnyak is more clinical, and pavlychenko wouldve been subbed on.

how can you say he has proved that he is better than pogrebnyak when we havent seen pogrebnyak play. i think pogrebnyak wouldve started ahead of pavlychenko' date=' i remember hearing a commentator saying that pavlychenko was doing a great job filling in for the injured pogrebnyak. i personally think pogrebnyak is more clinical, and pavlychenko wouldve been subbed on.[/quote']

I can say that i think pavlyuchenko is better on the basis that ive seen both players play alot of games and in my opinion, Pavlyuchenko is better. People seem to think that Pavlyuchenko is a poor finisher, however when you see him in russia he scores goals for fun and simply doesnt miss. Hes known for being a clinical fox in the box. Pogrebnyaks goals record is nowhere near as good.

That commentator probably only said that because he knows of Pogrebnyaks goalscoring record in the uefa cup this season and presumes he would have started because of this.

Re: Roman Pavlyuchenko

He isn't clinical enough to get into madrid or barca however he does put a good shfit into ever game he plays.

Not quite sure about the comment 'if he comes to europe' because as far as im concerned Russia is actually in europe :P

And celtic wouldn't be a good move for me because i believe his rating would be pretty much stalled on 91 forever more-or lower because of the low standard of football and i have him in a few of my lower rate sm teams.

Wouldnt mind him going to tottenham should berbatov depart or possibly even everton to give them a target man figure up top with the Yak.