Nigel DE JONG

gteruzzi

This player was picked to play for the Dutch national team at Euro 2008. Nigel played the full ninety minutes in the Netherlands' 3-0 victory over Italy, the full 90 minutes in the 4-1 victory over France and also the full 90 minutes in their final game of the tournament against Russia. After such appearances and performances; I believe he deserves an increase over his actual rating of 90.

What do you reckon?

Re: Nigel DE JONG

Players won't be judged solely on one tournament, although his performances, appearances etc will be taken into account when each player is re-rated (when the time comes for his league to be looked at). I think De Jong may hit 91 next season after the first ratings, but only time will tell.

De Jong hasn't impressed much at Hamburg. He looked a great player in his Ajax days. I think his club form needs to improve drastcally before any rating changes. I'd consider Orlando Engelaar 88, and Ibrahim Afellay 90 before De Jong. Afellay really impressed me with his substitute appearances, and Engelaar is wanted by quite a few clubs after his performances.

I must disagree Breakfastbob. The only players that I think have done better then him this season (from his team) are Jarolim, Rost and the almighty Bordon. And all of these players are old. De Jong is a fantastic player and is doing well for club and country. I can easily see him going up to 91.

I must disagree Breakfastbob. The only players that I think have done better then him this season (from his team) are Jarolim' date=' Rost and the almighty Bordon. And all of these players are old. De Jong is a fantastic player and is doing well for club and country. I can easily see him going up to 91.[/quote']

Van der Vaart and Ivica Olic???

De Jong deserved rating increase and he should be minimum 91.

They have different roles in the team so you can't compare them.

But Olic and Van der Vaart had also a great season.And now they played excellent for their NT on Euro 2008.

For the team they both played very well as well. I must agree with you there.

I just find that De Jong played better in his respective role then they did in theirs. At least we can all agree that he's worth picking up lol.