Anybody Having Problems Selling Players?

Knox

I've got a couple of examples where I'm seeing problems selling players - wondered if anybody knew if something had changed.

In my Corinthians side, I've had some interest in 88 rated Carlos Alberto - a LOT of interest in fact. I decided to cash in to fund a CM and RB which I desperately need so offered him to the three clubs that had interest in him. I offered him for £19.8m which was just below triple value. One side accepted only for the deal to get bounced by their chairman for being unhappy at the deal. Tried it again at £17.5m and it bounced, tried it again at £16m and it bounced. Now it's just over twice the value of the player so I've walked away as selling him for any less won't allow me to buy what I need.

Yet today, Modric has just moved for £45m cash. His SM value is £16m so it's just under THREE times value, yet I can't sell a player for TWO times value and he's a lot cheaper. It doesn't make sense.

========

The second example concerns a mate of mine. Brand new setup, Udinese. Thought he'd sell Di Natale for cash to fund a squad building programme. He had and accepted offers of £25m, £22.5m, £20m, £19m, £18m and £17m bounced by the buying club as above before having to sell him for £16m - just 1.5 times value.

========

Has something changed which is making it harder to do deals? It's frustrating the hell out of me and a few other people and making it difficult to actually play the game. I've got a job offer in another game for a good side with a massive warchest and I'm worried that if I take it I'll not be able to pay the sorts of money required for the players I need.

Re: Anybody Having Problems Selling Players?

Finding the right price to sell is often difficult I agree and I don't think anyone will be able to give you a definitive answer to the dilemmas here as, if SM gave us their formula, everyone would know the exact prices to sell/but at etc. and the game would become too predictable. Anyway I'll give my thoughts:

- In the first example it may well be that the clubs you are selling to already have a player in the same position rated above 88 and the clubs are buying your player as a back-up/future riser. In this case, the buying club chairman will be unwilling to pay over the odds for a back-up essentially. If this is not the case, the other possibility is to do with his rating. In my experience, players rated less than 90 rarely go for more than 2 times their value. not always the case, but the majority of times.

- In the case of Modric, he is rated above 90 and is also a young player, both of which appear to bump the upper limit accpetable to buying chairmen in my experience.

- The Di Natale one puzzles me as he has a high rating and should be sellable for alot more to be honest :confused: unless of course the buying club already has strikers of his rating or higher.

These are just my thoughts and are in no way definitve explanations, but perhaps things to consider in these cases :)

I understand this is not quite the same thing but didn't want to start a new thread.

I am having problems loaning my players out- out of 55 that I put on the loan list, only 2 have have loan offers, both from unmanaged clubs. some of these players are quite good, e.g. 80-83 rated, and would be a good addition to lower league sides (am in an English setup).

However, another club in my setup managed to loan out 66 players in around a week, all from their youth team, many to unmanaged clubs and plenty of whom are very poorly rated (in the 60s) and therefore of little value to the teams that are loaning them.

Could anyone enlighten me as to why this may be? I am a little confused (and have a huge wage bill- fair enough but still, why has the other side found clubs that want their players?)

Guest joe black

Strange one Rik,with just the info you have posted the thing that springs to mind is that the other guys mates are loaning off him or have you just joined the Setup,i have never heard of this before,i can understand 60-65 rated players not going on loan but players in the 80,s are usually snapped up,in fact i struggle to get players on loan in the Gold setups:rolleyes:

Loaning out 66 players in a week is very strange, PM me the setup and ill check it out,but any manager can apply for any player on loan so theres not a lot can be done,as far as the wage bill goes if you cant get rid of any players on loan soon,then try and sell off your older players that are not first team regulars and you could get a decent price for;):)

I understand this is not quite the same thing but didn't want to start a new thread.

I am having problems loaning my players out- out of 55 that I put on the loan list' date=' only 2 have have loan offers, both from unmanaged clubs. some of these players are quite good, e.g. 80-83 rated, and would be a good addition to lower league sides (am in an English setup).

However, another club in my setup managed to loan out 66 players in around a week, all from their youth team, many to unmanaged clubs and plenty of whom are very poorly rated (in the 60s) and therefore of little value to the teams that are loaning them.

Could anyone enlighten me as to why this may be? I am a little confused (and have a huge wage bill- fair enough but still, why has the other side found clubs that want their players?)[/quote']

I'm a little surprised to say the least. As far as I was aware, unmanaged clubs do not make loan offers ever :eek: . Would be good if someone could correct me here, but in the 25+ teams I manage, I have never received a loan offer from an unmanaged club for any of my players on the loan list.

Sometimes unmanaged clubs do have loaned players, but these are normally those that have been loaned by managers who were in charge of the club before they decide to quit the club. This may be the case with the two players you have loaned out. But for a team to have several players loaned out whose ratings is in the 60s is extremely suspicious :( .

Like I said I could be wrong :o (wouldn't be the first or the last :D ) or there could be a bug in the set-up, but something doesn't seem right to me. I hope one of the senior members of the forum or possibly even a SM Dev could clear this up for both of us :)

EDIT: Phil beat me to it - still got some legs in ya ;):D

Guest joe black

Baffled,Confused,Mixed up,lol,i thought it was just me Smarty:D

I hope Rik sends me the Setup number cos this i wanna see,im logging off Smarty so if you get to the bottom of it drop me a note,curiouser and curiouser;):)

I am having problems loaning my players out- out of 55 that I put on the loan list' date=' only 2 have have loan offers, both from [b']unmanaged[/b] clubs. some of these players are quite good, e.g. 80-83 rated, and would be a good addition to lower league sides (am in an English setup).

Could anyone enlighten me as to why this may be? I am a little confused (and have a huge wage bill- fair enough but still, why has the other side found clubs that want their players?)

sorry that's a typo, the offers to me are by managed clubs, the other guy's are often unmanaged

Rik, your friend had loan offers from unmanaged clubs??? I never had a loan offer from unmanaged clubs. I think there might be a bug in that setup.

Loaning out 66 players in a week also look suspicious to me. I think there might be something wrong with the set up, imo.

Finding the right price to sell is often difficult I agree and I don't think anyone will be able to give you a definitive answer to the dilemmas here as' date=' if SM gave us their formula, everyone would know the exact prices to sell/but at etc. and the game would become too predictable. Anyway I'll give my thoughts:

- In the first example it may well be that the clubs you are selling to already have a player in the same position rated above 88 and the clubs are buying your player as a back-up/future riser. In this case, the buying club chairman will be unwilling to pay over the odds for a back-up essentially. If this is not the case, the other possibility is to do with his rating. In my experience, players rated less than 90 rarely go for more than 2 times their value. not always the case, but the majority of times.

- In the case of Modric, he is rated above 90 and is also a young player, both of which appear to bump the upper limit accpetable to buying chairmen in my experience.

- The Di Natale one puzzles me as he has a high rating and should be sellable for alot more to be honest :confused: unless of course the buying club already has strikers of his rating or higher.

These are just my thoughts and are in no way definitve explanations, but perhaps things to consider in these cases :)[/quote']

totally agree with this... we just have to find the right price.. that's the beauty of the transfer negotiations :)