Man Utd Midfield Weak?

jmcd

Re: Man Utd Midfield Weak?

man for man inter are a poor side against most of europes elite. I am sorry but you definitely need to tune into some serie A and watch some poor football' date=' from their so called top teams. They all contain ageing stars(serie A sides), long since past their prime(As highlighted by Italy at the euros). I think you need to learn respect, to say that "I know nothing" shows you are ignorant and disrespectful. your amazingly constuctive comment can be summed up in a sentence " Michael Carrick baaaadddd Plllaaaaayyyerrrr, he misssseddddddd a shot ug"[/quote']

That's right jmcdie. I'm a real caveman and your mum loves it. Caveman buy tv, he watch Serie A, he think Inter Milan have goooooooood player ug ug.:D

If Carrick was called Carinho his rating would be higher...discuss.

You my friend are a racist!!! Carinho was my father's name. If Carrick was any good his rating would be higher. Why do you have to put discuss after every statement you make? Is this some kind of exam paper?

In refference to burs (first page)

I am a west ham fan i know what my team can do but you are not the best team over the last four years

Liverpool last "four" years have not come near the top 3 teams in the league at all(maybe once when they came 3rd??). Many now agree that the league is more important then the champs. It is more important in one respect as it doesnt allow for a handful of games to win the entire tournament. it is more demanding on every aspect of football.

Liverpool at this moment in time and over the last 15 years have not even been champions of england. that is why ye crack me up.When you win the premier league i will come on this forum and say now i believe they are the best in england.. you cant claim that you are the best in europe without a single domestic.

I actually think to properly claim it you have to win both and united did it this year and i dont think anyone disagrees with them saying they are?

I think liverpool are a great club with amazing fans but some of them are worse then chelsea fans in terms of how highly they think of their team.

Sorry for the following

2007/2008

1 Manchester United 87

2 Chelsea 85

3 Arsenal 83

4 Liverpool 76

2006/2007

1 Manchester United 89

2 Chelsea 83

3 Liverpool 68 congrats (2 goals to make ye 3rd but 2 goals all the same)

4 Arsenal 68

2005/2006

1 Chelsea 91

2 Manchester United 83

3 Liverpool 82 (fair game. people reading this might even say i was caught out because i was wrong ye were 3rd twice well done big step up from fourth but still two away from first. also see 2004-2005)

4 Arsenal 67

2004/2005

1 Chelsea 95

2 Arsenal 83

3 Manchester United 77

4 Everton 61

???? where are they? 5th

theres your four years

best team in europe? do you really believe that?

Incase anyone was looking for more stats, liverpool have not one the league since 1989-90... alot of people here were born around then.

In refference to burs (first page)

I am a west ham fan i know what my team can do but you are not the best team over the last four years

i was referring to being the best team in european competition in the last 4 seasons, not domestic competition

• 2 weeks later...

could not agree with you more

have been arguing the case for scholes, carrick, anderson and hargreaves for ages but am always shouted down by the inevitable scouse uprising

carrick 93

hargreaves 93

scholes 94

anderson 91 for now

mascherano 92 at most.......he got kept out of the west ham team by haydn mullins ffs!!!

could not agree with you more

have been arguing the case for scholes' date=' carrick, anderson and hargreaves for ages but am always shouted down by the inevitable scouse uprising

carrick 93

hargreaves 93

scholes 94

anderson 91 for now

mascherano 92 at most.......he got kept out of the west ham team by haydn mullins ffs!!![/quote']

HAHAHA Mascherano 92 hahaha you clearly have not watched him play often. He is one of the best DM in the world. He didn't fit in at West Ham, but if you have seen him play in Liverpool than you would clearly know he is a top talent.

Carrick is disgustingly under rated on this game. hes a 93 midfielder easily. There are no weaknesses in uniteds team, the standard football is at now you dont win the best league in the world twice and the champions league in two years with weaknesses. Carrick has played over 100 games for united in those 2 years and on the whole, has played very well. Ferguson obviously rates him very highly and he knows alot more than we do.

Mascherano, i do think hes a good player but if he is 94 then why shouldnt Carrick be atleast 93? Carrick has achieved alot more and there is no concrete evidence that suggests Mascherano is a better player.

Mascherano is a better player than Hargreaves but Hargreaves is a very good player and can do a good job where ever he is played.He can hit 92 next season and if he stays fit maybe a 93 the season after.Scholes was good last season but he didn't do good enough to get a 94 but he can still get that rating.Anderson will hit 91/92 next season if he stays fit and the same with Nani.Carrick had a great first season but last season he wasn't as good and a 91 rating for him is fine.All the main United midfielders can hit 92 and up but some of them they deserve the rating they have now.

Real Madrid's Midfield is weak right?

Robben > Giggs

Guti > Carrick

Sneijder > Hargreaves

Ronaldo(playing for Madrid) > Whoever they can find as substitute

I have ommitted Robinho because he will be going to Chelsea.

Gago = Anderson

The only one that you could possibly argue is Guti > Carrick, but both have their moments. So Madrid as you can see has a better Midfield, not to mention Diarra, who although lacking technical skill, is an amazing DM.

So now you can argue Madrid's Midfield is weak?

Man United Need to purchase some real class on the wings, maybe nani can start but giggs is too old. Carrick should be replaced.

Well if Man Utd's midfield is weak and they won the EPL and the CL' date=' god help football when they get some decent midfielders, I bet most teams around hope one day there midfield can be as weak as Man U's. :rolleyes:

I agree that Carrick should get an increase aswell[/quote']

haha i wish coventrys midfield was as weak as uniteds! really good point and underlines just how much rubbish some people can talk when they say stuff like uniteds midfield is poor. and your a liverpool fan saying this, so come on people, wake up. The likes of Carrick, Hargreaves & co are regulars in this great side for a reason.

plz man utd midfield should be given a better rating besides paul scholes as he is old althouh he is in form.But really i think carrick shuld be 92 until further notice.hargreaves hit by injuries should stay at 91 until this winter of 08/09 season which by then all of us can roughly justify his form.nani depends on playing time i guess if he plays a pretty lot of games and score a couple of goals a increase to 91/92 is well deserved.Anderson well if flamini gets a 92 i think he deserves a minimum of 91.

Scholes is one of the most talented players of his generation - he should be at 94 or 95. Unfortunately he is playing less and less games nowadays as he gets older so he shouldn't rise now - its too late.

Carrick should be 93 - vastly under-rated player.

United's midfield is their strongest area. We have a ridiculous number of options. Giggs or Nani, Scholes or Anderson, Hargreaves or Carrick and let us not forget that the best player in the world is, at the minute, part of our midfield. Maybe United's midfield is not filled with headline grabbing big-time Charlies? Maybe they go about their business in a quite manner? Certainly Scholes, Carrick, Giggs and Hargreaves know how to conduct themselves...and maybe if they had more exotic names people would rate them more highly as players? Personally I'm just glad that these men pull on a United shirt.

Scholes is one of the most talented players of his generation - he should be at 94 or 95. Unfortunately he is playing less and less games nowadays as he gets older so he shouldn't rise now - its too late.

Carrick should be 93 - vastly under-rated player.

i agree with that Carrick is a class midfielder who passes like a god. His long balls are glorious. Id say he has the best passing in the prem! and second would be Fabregas :P

Real Madrid's Midfield is weak right?

Robben > Giggs

Guti > Carrick

Sneijder > Hargreaves

Ronaldo(playing for Madrid) > Whoever they can find as substitute

I have ommitted Robinho because he will be going to Chelsea.

Gago = Anderson

The only one that you could possibly argue is Guti > Carrick' date=' but both have their moments. So Madrid as you can see has a better Midfield, not to mention Diarra, who although lacking technical skill, is an amazing DM.

So now you can argue Madrid's Midfield is weak?

Man United Need to purchase some real class on the wings, maybe nani can start but giggs is too old. Carrick should be replaced.[/quote']

Ronaldo has not even gone to Madrid yet, you are putting him in your side yet no players in Man Utd's to replace him with the 70 odd million they would be getting.

Madrid for years and years have always had the biggest names the so called "galactico's" until recently again (some people would say more to do with Barca's downfall) Madrid have struggled to win trohpies, if you want evidence just ask David Beckham, he left Man Utd for "bigger things" ... good choice becks :P

United's midfield is their strongest area. We have a ridiculous number of options. Giggs or Nani' date=' Scholes or Anderson, Hargreaves or Carrick and let us not forget that the best player in the world is, at the minute, part of our midfield. Maybe United's midfield is not filled with headline grabbing big-time Charlies? Maybe they go about their business in a quite manner? Certainly Scholes, Carrick, Giggs and Hargreaves know how to conduct themselves...and maybe if they had more exotic names people would rate them more highly as players? Personally I'm just glad that these men pull on a United shirt.[/quote']

Gotta disagree our strongest area is our Defence mainly Rio and Vidic...

HAHAHA Mascherano 92 hahaha you clearly have not watched him play often. He is one of the best DM in the world. He didn't fit in at West Ham' date=' but if you have seen him play in Liverpool than you would clearly know he is a top talent.[/quote']

im not doubting his place as one of the best DMs in the world, but to have his rating rise from 90 to 94 in a 18 months without winning anything is ridiculous. carrick and scholes have won 2 league titles and the champions league in that time- carrick has stayed at 91 and scholes has gone down from 94 to 93.......fair?

On a side note, I think only Hargreaves and Scholes are the two good Midfielders Man U has.

They need this " nani -- X -- Hargreaves -- X"

Giggs and Scholes have to go they are too old.

Viva Madrid

Nani, Ronaldo, Carrick/Hargreaves and Anderson are all of a good age and will this coming season make up the best midfield we have had since Giggs, Beckham, Keane and Scholes. This thread is bewildering.