Fabregas

yobbo

Guest msissio

Re: Fabregas

Fantastic Euro? 1 goal in a blowout and a couple of assists does not constitute a fantastic Euro.

You need to get like a Chris Rock movie...

down_to_earth.jpg

Fabregas is fine at 95. He's been sub in most matches behind Xavi (96) and Iniesta (95), so no way should he be higher than them. Although he has had one great game today, one game won't have any major affect on his ratings, it is more how he does in the league, which hasn't been too good towards the end of the season.

Fabregas is fine at 95. He's been sub in most matches behind Xavi (96) and Iniesta (95)' date=' so no way should he be higher than them. Although he has had one great game today, one game won't have any major affect on his ratings, it is more how he does in the league, which hasn't been too good towards the end of the season.[/quote']

One game? He's played very well in all of his games so far in the Euros and has played more than a half a game each time (Apart from the early games like Russia,although he grabbed a goal anyway and assist) :)

Guest melbguy1

One game? He's played very well in all of his games so far in the Euros and has played more than a half a game each time (Apart from the early games like Russia' date='although he grabbed a goal anyway and assist) :)[/quote']

actually the guy is overrated, the guy isn't even good enough to make starting 11 for his country so how could he be a 95 is beyond me

actually the guy is overrated' date=' the guy isn't even good enough to make starting 11 for his country so how could he be a 95 is beyond me[/quote']

Wouldnt go that far tbh, The reason for him not starting is most likely inexperience (people forget he is 21) He is 95 for playing very well last season in an Arsenal side who looked like winning the league (for most of the season). Plus I think he has got himself into the squad for the final if Villa is injured..

Guest melbguy1

Wouldnt go that far tbh' date=' The reason for him not starting is most likely inexperience (people forget he is 21) He is 95 for playing very well last season in an Arsenal side who looked like winning the league (for most of the season). Plus I think he has got himself into the squad for the final if Villa is injured..[/quote']

if he's inexperienced he shouldn't be a 95 then... overrated

Calling him over rated is a joke really.....

Melb, just because you think the EPL and its players are over rated on the whole should not cloud your judgement of the great players we have over here.....

Fabregas is a big game player and performs in the big games.....Look at the Champions League games that he performs in, against older and more experienced players he shines....He does the simple tings well and the tough things even better.....

The only bad thing about him for me is his foreign mentality of whimping out of 50/50's, other than that he deserves every good word said about him that he gets.....

As for him going to 97...Even I will say...Pfft....No way, not just on sub appearances in one competition.....

He is not a regular for Spain purely because Aragones is a stubborn git who is stuck in his ways, but saying that, look at the players he has topp compete with for is role in the Spanish national side....Iniesta and Xavi, 2 great players, but I bet you will say they are over rated as they are not Italian or don't play there...:rolleyes:

Guest melbguy1

Calling him over rated is a joke really.....

Melb' date=' just because you think the EPL and its players are over rated on the whole should not cloud your judgement of the great players we have over here.....

Fabregas is a big game player and performs in the big games.....Look at the Champions League games that he performs in, against older and more experienced players he shines....He does the simple tings well and the tough things even better.....

The only bad thing about him for me is his foreign mentality of whimping out of 50/50's, other than that he deserves every good word said about him that he gets.....

As for him going to 97...Even I will say...Pfft....No way, not just on sub appearances in one competition.....

He is not a regular for Spain purely because Aragones is a stubborn git who is stuck in his ways, but saying that, look at the players he has topp compete with for is role in the Spanish national side....Iniesta and Xavi, 2 great players, but I bet you will say they are over rated as they are not Italian or don't play there...:rolleyes:[/quote']

dont understand why all of my posts are considered biased.

Find me another 21 year old player who is rated 95 who can't start on their national teams starting 11.

I can find you HEAAAPS of players that are under 95 that are starting 11 for their national squads, even on teams that are ranked higher then Spain. And I don't know what Arsenal has done in the last 2 years for him to have a favourable rating.

But I'm not going down this route again.. so I'll cut it short: He is poo because he doesn't play in Italy.

dont understand why all of my posts are considered biased.

Find me another 21 year old player who is rated 95 who can't start on their national teams starting 11.

I can find you HEAAAPS of players that are under 95 that are starting 11 for their national squads' date=' even on teams that are ranked higher then Spain. And I don't know what Arsenal has done in the last 2 years for him to have a favourable rating.

But I'm not going down this route again.. so I'll cut it short: He is poo because he doesn't play in Italy.[/quote']

I'm not calling you biased with my comments, or wasn't meant to anyway and you always reply in a sarcy manner ....

I am being serious now and feel that Xavi and Iniesta are of a better rating and are the players narrowly keeping Fabregas out of the national team....

What do you think seriously he should be rated then?

Guest melbguy1

I'm not calling you biased with my comments' date=' or wasn't meant to anyway and you always reply in a sarcy manner ....

I am being serious now and feel that Xavi and Iniesta are of a better rating and are the players narrowly keeping Fabregas out of the national team....

What do you think seriously he should be rated then?[/quote']

Marek Hamsik another very high quality M young player (almost 21) with similar # of league goals who starts every game for his country is rated a 89

Fagregas +1 because he plays in a bigger team (albeit a team that don't win anything)

+1 because of CL

+1 for team of the season inclusion

+1 because he plays for a bigger national team (although he can't start)

+6 because he plays in a waaaayyy better league

-6 because he waxes his eye-brows

Marek Hamsik another very high quality M young player (almost 21) with similar # of league goals who starts every game for his country is rated a 89

Fagregas +1 because he plays in a bigger team (albeit a team that don't win anything)

+1 because of CL

So, to answer my question you think he should be 93?.....

Im sorry but i dont agree with Fabregas...like Leigh mentioned in a past thread...a player to reach and stay 95+ should be winning silverware frequently and for Fabregas his 4 seasons as an Arsenal regular the most prized trophy he has one is the FA Cup and thats the only silverware(except for community shield)...im not taking anything away from Fabs ability but to say hes underrated as a 20 year old rated 95 is something to laugh about from my view...he is playing good football but to be winning nothing with your club does not warrant 95+ in my opinion and he is lucky to be a 95 if you ask me...well not yet anyway...

Something i posted before and still stand by...

Guest melbguy1

Wow! you chose a player from Italy' date=' shocked there..

Also a team that doesn't win anything? When was the last time Napoli lifted a trophy?[/quote']

yeah, shocking for me to comment on a player that I actually watch... if would be a shock if you did the same.

If your going by that criteria all of Arsenal players would be a 65 compared to Man U, LFC and Chelsea... :rolleyes:

And welshy, my answer is he is overrated because he doesnt play in Italy

EDIT: Great post there cookies :eek: even with those facts your just biased :rolleyes: Arsenal this and Arsenal that, but they never win anything so I don't know why he has a favourable rating

yeah' date=' shocking for me to comment on a player that I actually watch... if would be a shock if you did the same.

If your going by that criteria all of Arsenal players would be a 65 compared to Man U, LFC and Chelsea... :rolleyes:

[b']And welshy, my answer is he is overrated because he doesnt play in Italy[/b]

Mate...I am not looking for sarcasm, I'm not being sarcy towards you......I know you love Italy, and I live with that no need to keep saying the same sarcy thing, I don't see you saying that statement in any of your serious points, I was just wondering what your rating would be for him.....As you think he is over rated....

And Ash, if people were rated by trophies won then OMG half of the players on SM would not be what they are.....

a player to reach and stay 95+ should be winning silverware frequently

Hmm.....Barca's stars.....??

Mate...I am not looking for sarcasm' date=' I'm not being sarcy towards you......I know you love Italy, and I live with that no need to keep saying the same sarcy thing, I don't see you saying that statement in any of your serious points, I was just wondering what your rating would be for him.....As you think he is over rated....

And Ash, if people were rated by trophies won then OMG half of the players on SM would not be what they are.....

Hmm.....Barca's stars.....??[/quote']

The same Barca stars that have won a Champs League and La Liga title twice... and it just doesn't stop there...

But Fabregas - FA CUP...if that warrants a 95 then boy oh boy...

EDIT: Oh the 2nd line in your post completely missed my eyes...ratings should obviously not be based on trophies but it does have a big part on the ratings e.g if Brazil did not win Copa America Anderson wouldn't of been pushed up to 90 so quick according to the bloke that answered my ticket...

Also look at Zenit how their players shot up after winning the Uefa Cup so...trophies won does matter and should be taking into account for all players...

The same Barca stars that have won a Champs League and La Liga title twice... and it just doesn't stop there...

But Fabregas - FA CUP...if that warrants a 95 then boy oh boy...

I don't see what trophies won has to do with a players ability to play football.....

A rating should match the ability and being a successful part of a team shouldn't be a reasoning behind a players ratings....

Some teams do have a player that stands out above the rest.....with the team not having success....That means that one player isn't good?

I don't see what trophies won has to do with a players ability to play football.....

A rating should match the ability and being a successful part of a team shouldn't be a reasoning behind a players ratings....

Some teams do have a player that stands out above the rest.....with the team not having success....That means that one player isn't good?

If you read the post i quoted again you would see that i said...'im not taking anything away from Fabs ability but to say hes underrated as a 20 year old rated 95 is something to laugh about from my view...he is playing good football'

And according to SM ..95+ - A player who has proved his class both on the domestic and continential or international stage. Fabregas can't even get a start for Spain...But he does make an impact when subbed on...95 world class player being a substitute for his country:confused:

Also...The main factors that contribute to an up-rating inlcude:

* Individual awards and accolades;

* Domestic honours;

* Continental honours;

* International honours;

* Domestic experience;

* Continental experience;

* International experience;

* Reaching the next stage in their career (e.g proving themselves in a higher division or at a continental/international level).

What honours does he have that warrants a 95? A 93/94 would show his ability but to be a 95 he should atleast have a league title to his name...

I think were people get there wires crossed on these ratings (at least I think that's what Melb and Ash are saying) is if we judged Cesc how we judge other players "we don't see every week" , then we have to judge them on stats alone like most players get rated.

and in which case all those stats Ash just showed which players get rated on does not make Cesc a 95 but because we watch him week in week out we are judging him on what we think his ability is and not all players from other leagues get that advantage.

Nobody can question the guys tallent especially for his age and unlike Ronny people can't throw the "he doesnt perform in big games" thing because he clearly does.

he is playing in one of the best leagues if not the strongest league in europe, the CL over recent years backs that up but as the guys mentioned for 95+ Arsenal really needed to have won it although in fairness they did reach the final which Lehman totaly blew for them

Lol??? Trophies has everything to do with players ability, they're not going to win a trophy if they're all cráp are they? I fully agree witj Melbguy on this, and from reading this post, everyone seems to keep on judging him because he supports an Italian team. :rolleyes:

+1 because of CL

Mate Hamsik Plays for Slovakia no comparison im sure hamsik wouldnt make the spanish bench if he was spanish and Fabregas would start easily for Slovakia the team who came 4th in the Qualyfying rounds 1 point above Wales.:rolleyes: