international setup...

international setup...  

1. 1.

Re: International Management

I have a suggestion about international setups here

First' date=' I feel that SM reputation should not determine what country a manager can manage. It does not mean that a manager with a reputation of 100 is better than one who is 50. Rather, whatever a manager has achieved is a fairer way to allocate the countries.

Second, IMO, SM has two ways to determine the strength of a national team. Firstly, the average of the best 23 players (2 for each position and 3 for goalkeeper) could be tabulated and rank the international teams (perhaps from 1-32) For example, using this method of tabulation, Brazil could be 1st, Argentina could be 2nd and so on. Secondly, SM could use FIFA rankings to rank the international teams (which i believe is quite accurate as FIFA has used the achievements of each national teams for the last 5 years). According toFIFA, Argentina is ranked 1st with Brazil at 2nd and Italy at 3rd.

Thirdly, combining the first two suggestions, the allocated team to a manager is relative of his position on the table upon finishing one season in the setup. For example, if Barcelona finishes 1st after season 1, the manager is automatically given the Argentine team (whatever country is 1st according to SM) to manage for 1 season.

Fourthly, I believe the best 23 players of each country should be automatically called up for international matches. If a particular player is injured, the manager of the international team could decide on using which player to replace the injured one.

Fifth, if a player has retired from international football in real life, he cannot be called up to the national side (to make it as realistic as possible). For example, David Trezeguet has retired from international football and cannot be called up to play for France.

Sixth, to prevent managers from sabotaging oppoising managers by injuring their players on international duty, the international team could be forced to compensate the club's player if a player is injured on international duty. For example, FA compensated Newcastle for Owen's injury when he was injured while playing for England (I think so).

That's all.

I like this

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: International Management International Setups: Open only to Gold Members Should not be based on manager ratings because ratings go up for the time you have been. So for example Manager 1 had

Re: International Management Hmm there has always been a few questions that have kept my cogs turning around this suggestion: 1) When would the games be played?? There is already a very tight match

What I would like is that everyone should get a chance to manage a team like 60 rated and up.:)

There should be lots of world cups so you can get to choose who you want.

Let's say I get qualified for Brazil. But I don't want Brazil, I want Mexico. So I just choose a World Cup and choose Mexico. B)

That's how I want it to be:) B)

How i think international teams could work.

I think you should only be allowed to manage an international team in gold setups.

NO. Because not everyone wants to buy gold membership. And the purpose of this game is "to make the best game online' date=' and then let people play it free!!" That's what they say the purpose of this game is. SUPPOSEDLY[/b']

You could get somthing like manager prestige points, and that each country requires a certain amount of points, that way you get the oppertunity to manage a good country because u are a good manager rather than how quickly you can click your mouse.

You could get the points in a number of ways:

By wininng games.

By winning trophies.

By doing accomplishments e.g. Have a payer that rating inceases by 8, or, get an averege rating of 90. Somthing like that.

I LIKE THIS

Each team would require a certain amount of points, so you could wait and hope that you get enough for Brazil before some else, or you could just get wales so that you can get a reasonable team. The only down side is that the people who start in the league first will have a better chance to get the points.

I LIKE THIS TOO

Also, if international teams are created, i think at the start of the season you should have to pick your squad, say 30 players,

I LIKE THIS PART

then you shouldn't be able to change them until the next season, that way you have to make achoice whether you sellect the highly rated players that may go down e.g David Beckham and Neville, or select the players that could go up, e.g Arron lennon and Lescott.

No. Because real managers are always changing players. Why can't we.

And I think that you should only be able to chose players that are the same race. Like if you get Brazil, you should only be able to choose Brazilians and so on.

When would the games be played?

The way it works i think the a big compertition e.g The world cup should be played after the season finished so that they could get all the good players from the clubs. Then maybe the switch between season to season would have to be a week longer or so. Other compertitions such as the african nations and europian camps could be played throughout the season. Maybe if the county manager was only alowed to call 2 players from a club, then he may get more players. Or you could just buy certain players for your club, and just use them for international matches.

YES

Getting the players

What about if a player got caps for each international match played, and that after every 10 caps or so his value went up. That could be realistic because of gaining experience from playing internationaly, and also it gives the club manager a reason to let him play.

What do people think of my suggestions? (Plz don't rip them 2 pieces)THIS PART'S GOOD)

The parts that are in bold are my responses to this guy's article.Overall I think this guy made a good suggestion. Just that he needed a bit more creativity. but it's good!B);)

Good That More People Have Taken Time Out To Respond But Please Read All the Previos Posts B4 Posting,

Most of Not All of Them Have Been Mentioned B4 & Most The Idea over the LAST few Posts Are Not Possible,

Any International Setup(s) Will be on a Seperate Database/Setup & Not Linked to Any Club Football Setups.

Good That More People Have Taken Time Out To Respond But Please Read All the Previos Posts B4 Posting' date='

Most of Not All of Them Have Been Mentioned B4 & Most The Idea over the LAST few Posts Are Not Possible,

Any International Setup(s) Will be on a Seperate Database/Setup & Not Linked to Any Club Football Setups.[/quote']

What do you mean?

I think international management should be added to world championships that are full or the ones with high manager attendance

- separate managers for national teams

- managers should be sent job invitations to their inbox. They may accept or decline to wait for a better job

- they can pick players from all managed & unmanaged clubs from within the set up. The 23 men national squad should have a min squad average set by SM ( varies according to real life status of teams)

- any player picked for national duty must join the squad.

- like some other games SM should introduce an additional index for a player 'experience'...experience adds up considerably each time you get a national cap for a better side...players who never gets called up but plays for their clubs on a regular basis would have a gradual rise in experience....experience should also be considered when match engine generates results for clubs

- players who get national caps may return with higher levels of fatigue or injuries, but with increased experience...this should mean that a club might lose a valuable player for a game but the player picks up some experience & clubs can benefit.

No international games while later stages of cup or leage are going on.

As I think I mentioned yesterday Ste, the second proposal seems the best imo.

To allocate sides, I think it should definitely be based on how long the manager has been in the setup. This shows that they are normally the people who stick around even when things are going wrong. Success can go to anyone really, you could take over a club, and in one game qualify to be able to take a country.

However, if this was implemented into gold champs, I think success would be a good idea, as we all know, winning either the SMFA Champions Cup or SMFA Shield isn't an easy task and if you do get the chance to win it, I think you would definitely deserve to be able to take control of Brazil, Argentina etc.

To select the squad, like you say it could be a way of picking a rival's main players etc. Maybe just something along the lines of SM automatically giving you 20 players from a 23 man squad, leaving you just to pick the remaining 3?

This way you couldn't really select the whole squad of your rival or anyone for that matter.

I strongly prefer the second proposal,and qualifying games would be good,as with some nations just qualifying is a success..

This is my opinion

:D:cool:

Tables: International

Division 1

8 teams per Division:

Division 1

Brazil

France

Uruguay

Peru

Togo

Ivory Coast

China

South Korea

Division 2

England

Croatia

Angola

South Africa

Paraguay

Columbia

Japan

Israel

Division 3

Spain

Portugal

Ghana

Cameroon

Ecuador

Mexico

Pakistan

Iran

Division 4

Turkey

Germany

Egypt

Nigeria

U.S,A

Bolivia

North Korea

Thailand

Top 4 Qualify for the International Champions Cup at the end of the first season.

Freindly's can only be made while the season has ended. :rolleyes:

Cup

Final

semi x2

Quater x4

round of sixteen

hope you like my idea SM :)

Well it can be first introduced as separate setups having world leagues or World cups, then after a while when it's spread and popular (that wont take long) it can be also added as a feature in the club setups too, then the top national teams like France, Italy, Brazil etc.... will offer on managers who are the best in the league or based on his average points accumulated. Before doing that SM should add "Favorite National team" to the profile so for example my favorite is France and i'm the 3rd best manager of my setup but i'm the 1st from the french fans so i'll be offered a contract first. But that's tooo complicated so i go with the separate setups though it's soooooooooooooooooo nice to have it during the clubs league.

PS: surly u will have to choose ur choince of 23 squad players.

This is my opinion

Division 1

8 teams per Division:

Division 1

Brazil

France

Uruguay

Peru

Togo

Ivory Coast

China

South Korea

Division 2

England

Croatia

Angola

South Africa

Paraguay

Columbia

Japan

Israel

Division 3

Spain

Portugal

Ghana

Cameroon

Ecuador

Mexico

Pakistan

Iran

Division 4

Turkey

Germany

Egypt

Nigeria

U.S' date='A

Bolivia

North Korea

Thailand

Top 4 Qualify for the International Champions Cup at the end of the first season.

[center']Cup[/center]

Final

semi x2

Quater x4

round of sixteen

Divisions?? you mean groups... and i think they should be in groups of 4s spread over 8 groups. the best will be continental qualifiers to determine who's playing and who's not

Heres my Opinion....

Division 1

Top 10 teams get a International club in order e.g whoever finishes first gets a Choice of any national team they want and 2nd to 10th get given a team in order of Fifa rankings...

Division 2

Top 3 promoted teams get international teams ranked from 11th to 14th in Fifa rankings.

Division 3

The Top 2 teams get international team ranked from 15th to 17th in Fifa Rankings.

Division 4

The WINNER of division 4 gets the team ranked 18th in the Fifa rankings....To be generous:D

This is all after the season finishes and could be a tournament started ...' World Championship 293 World Cup for example'.

i think sm value shouldnt go up but rather chairman value should be up cuz it may affect the setup..If lets say u bojan krkic 10 caps for spain and his value to goes up to lets say 12mil in sm value wat about the persn with the same rating and same value of as him and wat about rating changes wat about bojAN value than still same or lowered????:eek:

'International Management' has sprung up time and time again over the last two (plus) years and it is now on our 'to do' list. If you search through the forum you will probably see countless threads in relation to national teams' date=' international management etc.

SM proposes 'International Management' in two forms. The latter one is the one which needs the most discussion as we need to find the best way to allocate national teams.

The first proposal is to create a tournament long (only) international setup. The three formats would be the Copa America, World Cup, and European Championship. These would run along similar lines to the real life tournaments. The tournaments would be available via the SM Shop, and as stated earlier would only last the duration of the tournament.

It will give managers the chance to guide their home nation to World Cup glory, compete in the America's premier competition, or take part in the Euro's.

The second proposal is to have international teams and competitions within SM run setups. Whether this will take the form of qualifiers for major tournaments followed by an international tournament, or just an international tournament is still open to debate. Whichever form it will take it will run alongside league games/tournaments.

With the second proposal the key to it is the question of how to allocate international teams? Are national teams to be allocated to managers dependent on success at club level? Are national teams to be allocated to managers dependent on how long they have been in the setup? The are countless suggestions on how they could be allocated, but the question is which are the most feasible? How would you allocate them?

Then there is the question of how a manager selects an international squad of say Brazil? Does SM impose a preset squad of 23 players based on the best players for each position or does the manager have the choice to select who he wants? If you select the former it could restrict managers calling up and selecting a squad of their choice. If you select the latter it could be open to abuse if not implemented correctly. What I mean by that is a manager could select all the lowest rated players for Brazil or select his rivals players in a hope that they get injured whilst on international duty. If this is the case then a minimum rating limit could be imposed. Another suggestion would be to run international games alongside league games but at the same time ensure that injuries on national duty do not affect league games or similar. All of this is a tricky subject to tackle and a happy medium has to be found.

International management will be introduced in the New Year to SM, but in what format is still open to debate and SM welcomes you to voice your opinion in relation to this.[/quote']

I think that SM should create numerous qualifying setups for European Championships, World Cup and Copa America and should all be pubic allowing everyone to have a fair chance of managing the national team of their choice. Then, When the qualifying campaign has finished and all the teams have qualified, SM then creates the real tourament that relates to the qualifying campaign with all the teams that have qualified in groups like in the real touraments. SM then makes these setups password locked and sends each person who has qualified with their chosen nation a PM which includes the password for the setup allowing them to take control of their nation that they had in the qualifying stages in the real tourament. The setups should have codes that are the same as the qualifying setup so everyone knows which setups they have to join once qualified.

At the start of the setup before the tourament begins, each person who has made into the tourament gets to pick a 23-man squad for the tourament that cannot be changed once chosen.

Thats how i would solve this problem to how teams are allocated and which played should be picked for their national teams. Hope it helps at all.

If this hasnt been suggest ( because i cant be bothered reading through 9 pages :D )

Why dont we just have the setup, like a normal setup. For e.g Make the setup cost, lets say £2 and only for GM's, and have the qualifications, then group stages, then knock out stages.

Or make the setup like a custom setup and make the teams go on for X number of times.

Sm could also make one international setup everyday like they do with WC an EC.

This is my opinion

Division 1

8 teams per Division:

Division 1

Brazil

France

Uruguay

Peru

Togo

Ivory Coast

China

South Korea

Division 2

England

Croatia

Angola

South Africa

Paraguay

Columbia

Japan

Israel

Division 3

Spain

Portugal

Ghana

Cameroon

Ecuador

Mexico

Pakistan

Iran

Division 4

Turkey

Germany

Egypt

Nigeria

U.S' date='A

Bolivia

North Korea

Thailand

[center']Cup[/center]

Final

semi x2

Quater x4

round of sixteen

THATS SO STUPID

not all countries are included which isnt fair. :mad: so that means a lot of people that play this game will not be able to manage their home country.

I believe that EVERY country in the world that has a national team, should be in this game. if this is too much to ask the at least include all the teams in international that are included in this game.

So you go to game>real life clubs> and then all the countries that show up, they should be in the international setup.

ONE MORE THING...

guys i highly doubt that international management will be made, they ahave been talking about this for like 2 years and still no progress. nothing will probably happen :mad:

The best way is to be done like WC...4 divs 20 in each....the top 80 in the FIFA world ranking will be involved and each 6 month the divs will change according to the FIFA world ranking. The setups should be done every day like WC. This is the easiest and best way and it is like th SM's way in clubs...Why should international leagues be any different than clubs' leagues?

The best way is to be done like WC...4 divs 20 in each....the top 80 in the FIFA world ranking will be involved and each 6 month the divs will change according to the FIFA world ranking. The setups should be done every day like WC. This is the easiest and best way and it is like th SM's way in clubs...Why should international leagues be any different than clubs' leagues?

I know this may take time for the SM researchers to collect the international players of some of these teams specially the ones in DIV 3 & 4 but it would be worth it at the end... So if this would happen now the divs will be like this:

DIV 1

1 Argentina

2 Brazil

3 Italy

4 Spain

5 Germany

6 Czech Republic

7 France

8 Portugal

9 Netherlands

10 Greece

11 England

12 Croatia

13 Romania

14 Scotland

15 Ghana

16 Mexico

17 Cameroon

18 Turkey

19 Bulgaria

20 Colombia

DIV 2

21 Russia

22 Israel

23 Côte d'Ivoire

24 Poland

24 Sweden

26 Paraguay

27 Norway

28 USA

29 Uruguay

30 Egypt

31 Serbia

32 Ukraine

33 Denmark

34 Northern Ireland

35 Finland

36 Japan

37 Republic of Ireland

38 Australia

39 Chile

40 Switzerland

DIV 3

41 Iran

42 Belgium

43 Honduras

44 Senegal

45 Mali

46 Nigeria

47 Korea Republic

48 Guinea

49 Morocco

50 Saudi Arabia

51 Hungary

51 Moldova

53 Wales

54 Ecuador

55 Lithuania

56 Tunisia

57 Venezuela

58 Slovakia

59 FYR Macedonia

60 Bosnia-Herzegovina

DIV 4

61 Belarus

62 Canada

63 Cyprus

64 Angola

64 Equatorial Guinea

66 Peru

67 Zambia

68 Iraq

69 Panama

70 Uzbekistan

71 South Africa

72 Costa Rica

73 Latvia

74 Albania

74 Togo

76 Georgia

77 Congo DR

78 Algeria

79 Congo

80 China PR

THATS SO STUPID

not all countries are included which isnt fair. :mad: so that means a lot of people that play this game will not be able to manage their home country.

I believe that EVERY country in the world that has a national team' date=' should be in this game. if this is too much to ask the at least include all the teams in international that are included in this game.

So you go to game>real life clubs> and then all the countries that show up, they should be in the international setup.

ONE MORE THING...

guys i highly doubt that international management will be made, they ahave been talking about this for like 2 years and still no progress. nothing will probably happen :mad:[/quote']

Ok so thats 207 teams, right the way down to American Samoa, Guam, Timor-Leste, Aruba, US Virgin Islands and Montserrat. Its amazing when looking at this list when you find out how many countries have a football team.

Also, how come the next world cup is being held at a country which is 71st in the FIFA world rankings? Iraq are better than them. Even Wales are better than them!