I would really like you opinion on this one..

I can do a straight swap, my Petr Cech for Gianluigi Buffon.

Altough Cech is 5 years younger and only one point lower then Buffon's 96 rating I am tempted to do it because in my opionion he is the world's best goalie in the world at the moment and 30 isn't that old for a keeper isn't it?

Any opinions? :)

Re: Cech for Buffon?

Cech is excellent but his form has generally been worse of late for club and country. As has been mentioned Buffon is still young in goalkeeping terms and is one of few keepers in the world to have sustained excellent form at a top level for a huge period of time. Cech hasn't. I would definitely take Buffon.

Disagree completely.

IMO you are missing out massively if you carry out this deal.

A dip in form won't stop cech.

I'm a united fan and yet im still backing the chelsea keeper, i seriously do not believe buffon will get you a better return, stats wise or money wise throughout having him instead of cech.

Thanks for the useful replies :) I was pretty certain that I should do it but this makes me doubt :P

I guess Cech is the better one for the real long term. But don't you think Buffon can keep his rating on 96 for at least two years to come?

No i dont think Buffon can keep his 96 for two years...because he will most likely be a 97 soon..i would defo get swap Cech for Buffon becacuse i can see Buffon going on for another 5 years or more...

But if i was you i would try do a deal between Cech and Casillas..

So buffon can be a 96 till hes 35 . fair enough. that means you got another fair few years left in him yet.

Cech then can also go till hes about 35 at the same level.So you have nearer the 10 year mark left in him yet.

Seems pretty obvious to me which you should do because is one rating point going to make a huge difference?

Cech will be the best goalkeeper on this game one day.

Guest melbguy1

Buffon is rated a 96 while he has been in Serie B and not playing CL. If Juve qualify for CL I'm guessing he will get the +1 while Cech is a 95 in top-flight with CL football.

So buffon can be a 96 till hes 35 . fair enough. that means you got another fair few years left in him yet.

Cech then can also go till hes about 35 at the same level.So you have nearer the 10 year mark left in him yet.

Seems pretty obvious to me which you should do because is one rating point going to make a huge difference?

Cech will be the best goalkeeper on this game one day.

Since the blow to the head Cech hasn't been the same so what makes you think he would get back to the same old Cech?

Its like saying if Asafa Powell broke both his legs that he could one day be the worlds fastest man again..chances are VERY slim!

I'd say do the deal, mate.

Buffon is basically in a league of his own in terms of keepers. Casillas, Cech and Van Der Sar are nowhere near his quality. He also pulled Italy out of a countless number of sticky situations in Euro 2008. If anything he will increase to a 97 if Juventus get passed the group stage, as he wil surely be an inegrual prt of their return to the European stage.