EC694 Transfer Rumours, Match Reports & Gossip

Magic J

Re: EC694 Transfer Rumours, Match Reports & Gossip

Sunderland - "We Are Going In The Right Direction"

In a recent interview with Sunderland manager Zak Cluer, he gave a few words on his team, possible new players, transfer rumours, title chances & bringing down Nottingham Forest.

Reporter - "So Zak, are you looking forward to the new season?"

Zak Cluer - "Yeah, absolutley, its great to be involved in this league, i love it!"

Reporter - "What do you think your title chances are this season?"

Zak Cluer - "Well, its a big league we are involved in, teams like Nottingham Forest, Manchester United & So on really do top the league, but i thinik with the squad we are building we can beat thoose big teams and give them a run for their money."

Reporter - "Are you currently in negotiations with any players?"

Zak Cluer - "Yes actually, we are currently in talks with 4 players, top class players aswell, they will bring much need quality to the team and hopfully give us a better edge than last season."

Reporter - "You have made a few good signings recently, what do you tell these players to bring them in?"

Zak Cluer - "Well, i dont have to say much. I mean if you look at the squad we have and how we do in the league, they can see for theirselves we have a great team."

Reporter - "We hear you have been linked with a keeper from abroad, is this true?"

Zak Cluer - "We are linked with alot of players at the moment, so to pick out one isnt really worth it."

Reporter - "Do you think you can beat the Giants Nottingham Forrest"

Zak Cluer - "Why not? Yeah i guess Adam has build a really great squad, but if we perform like i know we can, we certainly can beat them!"

Reporter - "Awesome! Cheers Zak, good luck with your season."

Zak Cluer - "Cheers dude."

I have 123 million pounds worth of talent out on loan lol :D

Thankgod, saves about 300k on my wage bill ! :eek:, that stands now at around 1.7 million :eek:

Anyways, delighted Gourcuff rose to 92, he will play a pivotal role in midfield this season alongside Essien & Lass Diarra ! Should be a very strong CM when Diarra rises too, and when Juan Mata rises, my Midfield will look as good as it ever has :)

Ideal Starting 11

GK - Casillas (96)

CB - Chiellini (94)

CB - CHivu (93)

CB - Pique (90) - I have higher rated players i just like him :D

RM - Maxi Rodriguez (93)

LM - Juan Mata (91)

DM - Lass Diarra

CM - Gourcuff

CM - Essien

CF - Pato (92)

CF - Aguero (94)

EDIT: Should have a new DM joining tomorrow.

I have 123 million pounds worth of talent out on loan lol :D

Thankgod' date=' saves about 300k on my wage bill ! :eek:, that stands now at around 1.7 million :eek:

Anyways, delighted Gourcuff rose to 92, he will play a pivotal role in midfield this season alongside Essien & Lass Diarra ! Should be a very strong CM when Diarra rises too, and when Juan Mata rises, my Midfield will look as good as it ever has :)

Ideal Starting 11

GK - Casillas (96)

CB - Chiellini (94)

CB - CHivu (93)

CB - Pique (90) - I have higher rated players i just like him :D

RM - Maxi Rodriguez (93)

LM - Juan Mata (91)

DM - Lass Diarra

CM - Gourcuff

CM - Essien

CF - Pato (92)

CF - Aguero (94)[/quote']

mate your team is unbelievable. but thanks for the loans. cristico will definately start. i sent u a pm regarding ribery after reading ur latest response.

and ive accepted a 12million bid for Nihat. and had a bid accepted for Antonio CANDREVA and a mystery player is also on their way hopefully.

Delighted, loaned out more players so i am now saving well over £400,000 each week on wages!

19 players out on loan ! Combined value of 130.5 million.

Squad is now worth around 480 million pounds.

Moussa Sissoko joins for 8.7 million Goulon + Sertic. Bit dissapointed really as i wanted him before he rose but didnt have the cash :( Still got him now anyways

Forest beat a very strong Arsenal on the opening day of the season 2-0, goals coming from Mata and Pato.

With the new player concern coming into play, and with loaning them out not a loop hole in the system, i might start to offer 3 for 1, 4 for 1 deals for players such as Messi / Tores / Fabregas etc

Have had a fantastic start in division 2 with Derby... mainly due to Falcao, on loan from Mr Adamski at Forrest.

Im looking at the potential bid for zhirkov but it is looking like he might already be heading for Chelsea after a undisclosed bid.

Btw mr adamski please consider the in game pm i have just sent :)

2642g.gif

Sergio Asenjo to make Forest Debut.

After the fantastic midweek win of West Ham, Nottingham Forest travel to Portsmouth in what should be a tough game. With the sheer amount of numbers in the Forest squad and the new SMFA regulations enforcing clubs to sell players who do not play enough games, Johnson has approaced a Rafa Benitez type style of management, rotating heavily to keep as many players as possible happy.

The sheer quality and size of the squad allows Johnson to field a team that does not weaken their chance of succes in any game. Today, several changes have been made, most unexpectadly, Casillas, the spanish number one has been droped for his compatriot Asenjo who is yet to start a game for Forest since joining last season. It is believed Johnson has the upmost faith in Sergio's ability.

Aguero, Pato, Essien and Chiellini are just a few of the names to be dropped for this evenings trip down south. Ozil, Dzeko, Higuain, Lass Diarra, Mikel, Subotic, Godin, Westerman and Trochowski are all set aswel to make there season debut.

With two games gone, and 6 points on the board things have started well for Forest who have faced two very good teams in Arsenal and West Ham.

On the transfer front, Nottingham Forest are slowly starting to reduce there squad size to a more acceptable level, but Johnson has stated that " if i see a young player with potential, or a player who i believe can add quality to the squad, i will sign them, regardless of this new SMFA malarky about players not playing enough games. Its my team, and ill do what i want".

After the Portsmouth game, Nottingham Forest have 4 games that could potentiall shape there season, first playing Wigan managed by George, then games against Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool will follow.

At Derby county i will be looking for the full 3 points from tonights game after being beaten in the first 3 games this season.

So far this season we splashed out a total of £17.2M for the following players:

Sebastian Giovinco, lee Bowyer and Clint Dempsey

With another 4 unamed players joining us at some point tomorow.

The following players will be in the starting XI for the game against Queens Park Rangers:

-------------------Bywater---------------------

-Rosnior------Davis------Leacock-------Maxwell-

-Dempsey----Giovinco----Lucas--------Pearson-

--------------Cacau-----Falcao-----------------

Subs- Stack, Camara, Jones, Harper, Jarolim

forest-logo.jpg

Nottingham Forest Update

Although manager Adam Johnson did state he is looking to reduce the size of his 137 man squad ( 21 out on loan ), he also mentioned if he was able to bring in players who have the potential to improve or players who will increase the overall quality within the squad he would so, and with that, he grasped the opportunity to sign 4 players who he believes can drastically improve under his coaching.

Brazilian Full back Diego Renan, Young Brazilian Bambam, Rising Spanish star Xavi Torres, and Ukranian sensation Yarmolenko all join for just over the £4,000,000 mark.

Johnson is set to sign one more player in the next 36 hours, a player who Johnson let go earlier on in the season.

Nottingham Forest next game will be played at the City Ground against rich boys Chelsea, who now find themselves without a manager, after a bust up with the chaiman, the previous manager walked away from the club. Johnson could find himself battling it out against a unmanaged team on Wednesday unless Chelsea appoint a manager within the next 33 hours.

43444_news.jpg

Pictured above, Moussa Sissoko is set to make his Forest debut tomorrow night against Chelsea, the Frenchman starts instead of Mikel and Lass Diarra due to Johnsons new policy of squad rotation.

Aftert a sterling performance on saturday against Portsmouth, young Spaniard Sergio Asenjo will unfortunately not start, with the experienced Casillas coming back in due to the pressure on Forest in this game and the following games against Wigan, Liverpool and Manchester United. He is expected to make apperances after this difficult run in. Fellow Spaniard Pique will make his first apperance of the season joining Bruno Alves + Chiellini in defense, in what is believed to be Johnsons favoured defensive combonation. Romanian International Chivu makes way.

2007-08-03t031215z_01_rjo01_rtridsp_3_brazil_13920_sq_medium.jpg

Pato is also returning to the first 11 along with fellow wonderkid Sergio Ageuro. Johnson believes each player will Flourish in this partnership in there first full season together.

"I honestly think i could not have a better forward line taking into consideration age, potential and current ability, we worked hard to get these boys here, and now they are here, they aint going no where. I think this season will be a massive season for these two, not only will they learn new skills and thoughts from each other, they will be pushed towards excellence by the two strikers who want to come in and replace them, Dzeko & Higuain. They also have to consider that out on loan we have some of the worlds best talent in there position, Falcao, Hulk, Bojan and Berg, this a big season for them"

Nottingham Forest are currently in first place, on GD infront of current champions and main rivals Man Utd. Johnson hopes to get a early victory over Utd when they face each other in the coming weeks.

Leeds United have appointed world renowned manager Patrick Rice as their new manager.

This is a major coup for Leeds as Rice is widely acknowledged as the best up and coming manager around.

He is a charismatic leader but is ruthless and is expected to clear the dead wood out of this current leeds team who currently sit in 6th havin won 2 out of 3 games.

Heres what he had to say in his first statement

"The offer tomanage Leeds was one i couldnt resist. I have a dream...that in 3 seasons we will be up challenging with the Nottingham Forests and Manchester Uniteds of this league. I believe that we can get 2 back-to-back promotions and move up through the divisions. And once we are at the top division i believe we will hand the Sunderlands, Forests, Wigans, West Hams, Derby's and Uniteds of this league a serious challenge.

He then made an astonishing statement saying;

"The Sunderlands, Forests, Wigans, West Hams, Deby's and Uniteds of this league, are nothing special. I cant wait to knock them off their high horse as their managers think they are Gods Gift. I cant wait to knock them off their f***in perch"

Leeds fans believe that Rice is the man to awaken the norths sleeping giant.

He has already lined up a few players and feels they will not only strengthen his squad but lift the dressing room.

Nottm_Forest.jpg

Johnson on Leeds new manager.

After bursting onto the scene yesterday Johnson was quick to pour cold water on the bonfire that the new Leeds manager was trying to create:

"He mentions he has 'a dream ', thats all it will ever be, aslong as myself, Man Utd and the other up and coming clubs and there respective managers are around. The cheek of this fella, saying he will do this and do that, then goes and makes three loan bids for my players, after taking a pop at us all ! [chuckles]. I think it will be a long long time before leeds are any where near the standard of Wigan let alone Forest."

1.jpg

Chelsea Stars: We want to play for Nottingham Forest.

In a sensational set of circumstances, England captain John Terry and Spanish hitman David Villa have both come out to the press and publicy announced they wish to play for Nottingham Forest, the club they see as the new force in the english game.

After hearing the plea from the two players Johnson was soon in contact with the Chelsea gaffa which could see 5 payers leave the City Ground to make Stamford Bridge there new stomping ground.

Tonight, Forest play Chelsea in a game where 3 points is a must for either side, high flying Forest need to maintain there start whilst Chelsea need to kick start their season

In a sensational war of words Rice answers back saying

"As you can see Johnson and the current stuck up managers are threatened by me. This is clear to see as Johnson wont even loan me 3 of his players. Also 3 unnamed players have told me that Johnson is an incompetent manager he has got to where he is by luck and a chequebook. They say he has no control over the dressing room and this is clear to see as he is trying to buy a players leader in JT. Im not suprised they are threatened by me...i would be if i was in the same position"

In reply to how he thinks Forest will do in tonights match against Chelsea he sensationally replied by saying;

"C'mon Chelsea, 4-0 to Chelsea with Drogba, Villa and Ronaldinho sharing the goals"

In other news Rice says;

"i have lined up a whole new squad, although i dont want to name these players, as chequebook managers like Johnson will probably try and hijack these bids."

It is rumoured that these players include Stuttgarts Andy Reid and Dynamo Moskva's young starlet Aleksandr Kokorin.

When asked about tonights match against Tranmere Rovers he replied;

"Yea they've got a few Brazilians in there set-up but luckily there star striker Danilinhos is out injured. But i feel we will be able to cope with Rovers whether we have completed our transfers or not."

Nottingham-Forest-256x256.png

Johnson irons out creases

After the initial unprovoked attack from the so called "world class" manager of Leeds United. Nottingham Forest boss has told the press that his team does the talking, along with his past results and success.

Johnson has also crushed the accusation that the his squad is ony built on money:

"thats a naive and fairly insulting accusation to make, this squad was built on the hard work of all the coaches at this club who have nutured talent from all over into players who are worth triple, sometimes even more than they were when i brought them to the City Ground."

"He clearly is an inept manager considering he doesnt even know what players are in his squad, as i did accept the loan offer for one of the players he bid for. The other two have had no contact with any member of staff from leeds. We are like a big family at Forest, and a small minded, nobody who claims to be world class, throwing accusations at us, will not steer us away from winning the division 1 title".

In a statement to the press Rice has stated that it is not he who is the inept manager. He said;

"Yes you may have bought thses players and then made a quick buck but you havent nurtured very many of these young players for example you hardly nurtured the South American players; such as Aguero and Pato. He simply waited round until he seen the worlds next biggest superstars and bought them. Its hardly rocket science."

Then in response to Johnsons mockery of Rices world-class abilities he said; "Come back to me in 3 seasons when i am up there. With you managers who are so far up your own behinds that you cant even see the even when it is right in front of you. Also Subotic is a short-term one game replacement until i have revamped my squad into the mould i desire it to be"

Rice is also hopeful that his transfer acquisitions "will be ready for tonights match and that the players contracts will be finalised." It also looks like ypungster Kyle Walker will be coming in as a free agent.

Of Walker, Reid and Kokorin he said;

"Walker is a versatile defender but he is by no means the finished product but with mainly my help he will be able to reach his full potential. Andy is a playmaker with a wand for a left foot. He can pick a pass and he has put alot of work into losing weight and increasing fitness levels, and the fact that he has dropped down a few divisions shows that he too beleives that Leeds will go onto bigger things. Andy also has a personal choice in the matter as he wants to get one over his former club Forest as he beleives the youth set-up there is a joke and that they only use young players for the short term and that they do not provide for the young players expenses, such as not providing transport to training. In Aleksandr i beleive we have found the next big thing in eastern european football. He has the potential to be as good as Ukrainian Legend Shevchenko and after going to see his last match myself i seen that first hand."

Rice also said that he believes that he is now "competition" for Forest on the youth front and that Forest will no longer be able to get a player easily.

In a statement to the press Rice has stated that it is not he who is the inept manager. He said;

"Yes you may have bought thses players and then made a quick buck but you havent nurtured very many of these young players for example you hardly nurtured the South American players; such as Aguero and Pato. He simply waited round until he seen the worlds next biggest superstars and bought them. Its hardly rocket science."

Then in response to Johnsons mockery of Rices world-class abilities he said; "Come back to me in 3 seasons when i am up there. With you managers who are so far up your own behinds that you cant even see the even when it is right in front of you. Also Subotic is a short-term one game replacement until i have revamped my squad into the mould i desire it to be"

Rice also said that he believes that he is now "competition" for Forest on the youth front and that Forest will no longer be able to get a player easily.

Johnsons has once again come out and publicly laughed at this rice fella up at Leeds.

" he is comedy gold' date=' i dont know where he gets it from, where did i say i nutured Pato + Aguero ? i cant remember mentioning names, Aguero actually cost me my two best players at the time and Pato was a oportunistic signing.

He forgot to mention the players iv had on my books from day one who are still here. He seems to forget Forest started with nothing and have developed into a great team, its not as if i was given all my money by the chairman i havent had investment from him in 5 seasons . . . that rice fella, what a lunatic.

Also how can you claim to be world class when you have won or done nothing, and he claims im up my own backside, he clearly has a attitude problem.

Subotic will be brought back to the Forest camp as im not helping anyone with attitude like that, you keep you mediocre players, even the ones you have signed now will never ever trouble me.

I welcome competition for youth, i dont particuarly need to sign anymore, has he not seen my youth team"[/i']

In a sensational 21 man swoop that includes players such as Joris Mathijsen Patrick Rice has added depth and quality to the Leeds ranks. It is expected that some players will bein tonights line-up. But comments from Rice himself expected after the game.

Derby manager Danny Taylor laughed at the recent interviews from the "inept" man that took over at Leeds.

As for taking on the Derbys of the setup and crushing us we will see about this on the pitch. I also belive next season we will have our main transfer targets to knock Rice of his F****** perch."

Tonight i made some changes to the starting XI after we failed as a team to bring down QPR, but this is what teams do... we make mistakes so we picked up the pieces and now we are back hopefully fighting tonight for the 3 points.

In reply to the Derby County managers statement Rice had this to say;

"His comments are laughable. He doesnt heven have the intelligence to realize that you cant knock me off my perch as im not on a perch i havent won anything yet as Johnson rightly said. Give the derby man a microphone and a stage and he'd be a comedian"

Yet again it appears that Rices charisma has shined through.

Derby manager.... "as for price not winning anything yet he is right and undoubtably wont win anything in this setup in the near future."

As for the comment about giving me a stage and mic, im not fussed it will be a good publicity stunt for the club, the fans will soon realise leeds isnt everything the manager makes them out to be.

Rice replies comically;

"Yea i suppose publicity stunts worked for Hull manager Phil Brown."

philbrownsing595.jpg

Rice also made a fresh appeal for a youth cup to be brought in in this league stating;

"I feel with the number of clubs who have 14 or more players under the age of 22 that a youth cup for this age group would be very beneficial to each managers squad although obviously the cup would be coming up to Elland Road."

This newspaper has taken on the decision that each manager posts his interest for a youth cup to it.