Help With Job Offer(s) Thread

Well I thought this might be a nice little thread for all those managers who get offered a job and are not too sure which is the best option to go for......

So here if you are stuck and want advice on whether or not you want to take the job that you have been offered.

I'll Start us off with this tricky example which I have been presented with this morning:

In American Championship 6, I have New England Revolution (2nd biggest stadium) and I have been offered to take over New York (1st biggest stadium)

Here's information on the two teams, could somebody help me which one to choose:

N.E.R = drawnt 2nd in the table with 24 points after 13 games. Out of the cup, but still in the shield. 4.3m

van der sar, favelli, zanetti, guti, ambrosini, juninho, bojan, cruz (70,000 seater)

N.Y = Top of the table (never losing) with 37 points. Out of the cup and the shield. 9.7m

pato, ivanov, javi venta, park, rivaldo, sivglia, doni, james, worns, fabio aurelio, tamudo, frings, toni. (80,000 seater)

Who do I choose? :)

Re: Help With Job Offer(s) Thread

I had Sao Paulo who was 13th in Div 2 of a world champ. I got offered Barcelona in about 12th of Div 1... Cups don't matter as much to be Sao Paulo was already out of one. I chose Barcelona is that what most of you would have done?

I had Sao Paulo who was 13th in Div 2 of a world champ. I got offered Barcelona in about 12th of Div 1... Cups don't matter as much to be Sao Paulo was already out of one. I chose Barcelona is that what most of you would have done?

Of course, Barcelona are a far better side;)

• 3 weeks later...

Nah, Barca s*cks. Not in ratings of course.. but what do you achieve when winning with Barca?

Well, not much since they're the best team. It's more fun to win with a smaller team you've build up from the start.

Oh God, the Barca managers won't like that comment. :D

ps. No, Barca isn't an unstoppable force of nature.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This job offer has just came through yesterday.

The Chairman of Palermo has made you a job offer to take control of the club. The Palermo Chairman has stated around £6.8M will be available for you to spend. If you accept this job offer then you will leave Blackburn Rovers immediately. This job offer will only be available for 48 hours after it was first offered.

I manage blackburn rovers and have £9.3M, we are 8th in division 3 and palermo are 11th in division 2.

Blackburn Rovers have won 4 drawn 4 lost 3, palermo have won 3 drawn 5 lost 3.

Blackburns 90+ players: Roque Santa Cruz, Benni McCarthy

Palermo 90+ players: Marco Amelia, Dario Srna, Henrique Fabio Simplicio, Fabio Liverani, Fabrizio Miccoli.

Should i reject it or reject it? (Im Blackburn)