Crouch to be top scorer?

Re: Crouch to be top scorer?

In the paper today' date=' it stated that crouch is 33-1 to be the top goalscorer of premiership next season.

Would any of you guys put [b']your[/b] money on it.

Personally i think that defoe may score more goals than him at portsmouth, let alone the premiership.

I'd like to see Crouch score a few goals this season. 33-1 is the sort of odds I would take so yeah, I'd part some of my cash on him (checks wallet and a dust ball falls out) er... forget that idea. But if I did, I would

In the paper today' date=' it stated that crouch is 33-1 to be the top goalscorer of premiership next season.

Would any of you guys put [b']your[/b] money on it.

Personally i think that defoe may score more goals than him at portsmouth, let alone the premiership.

Crouch being top scorer is laughable, especially with players like: Tevez, Torres etc. I don't think Crouch can bag many goals this season, he's more of a target man.

Crouch has improved leaps and bounds since he joined Liverpool. I thought he would be the perfect replacement for liverpool in case torres got injured. He is not afraid to shoot, his heading abilities has improved by a mile and he is willing to work for the team.

IMO, Portsmouth has accquired a quality player for their squad and would be up there challenging for trophies and a place in the UEFA cup. The partnership of defoe and crouch would definitely strike fear in many premiership clubs.

Crouch wont be top scorer definitely, but his contribution to pompey would be vital and could easily hit 10-15 goals in the league imo.

cheers

If He Is In The Top 6 goalscorers i will shave my hair in may:)

LOL :P. I don't think he will be in the top 6 either but he is capable of scoring quite a few goals. I think he is going to do really well at Pompey. He did not have a bad season with Pompey in 01-02 in which he scored 18 goals in all competitions that season. ;)

If ha can adapt to Portsmouth's style of playing he could well score 10-15 goals this season imo. :D

If He Is In The Top 6 goalscorers i will shave my hair in may:)

Is this the same kind of thinking which you said if Benzema ever got 93 you would post a pic of yourself naked . . . . . :P

But i very much doubt he will be top goalscorer, not that you said he would be. Those odds are very very much outsider odds might be worth a cheeky quid lol

crouch isnt a bad outside bet however Ive already decided my money is going on Eduardo to scoop the golden boot. Its very possible' date=' particularly if Adebayor leaves and Arshavin comes in. those 2 will be incredible together.[/quote']

you have a point, but i don't think that Eduardo will be playing at his best after that injury.

I think that top scorer is most likely to be torres or ronaldo (if he stays).

I think he has as good of a chance of being top scorer as anyone....He will be getting first team football and is a proven scorer so I don't know why so many are just dismissing it as laughable...

33-1 is a good outsiders bet...I will probably put a fiver on that (Just because I have plenty of money to burn ;):P )

I would say that Defoe has a better chance of being the top scorer but I wouldn't count the beanpole out so early....

Come on Crouchy, win me some money!!!

i know it is unlikely because of injury, but he could stay healty I think van persie has the scoring title in the bag. Arsenal and Man U are always in the top 2 in scoring in the prem, but ronaldo is missing time this season and ankle injuries are always tricky because players seem to come back to early and re-injure it. Nasri and Fabregas and pass first which leaves room for Van Persie and I promise you guys Adebayor won't even start if Eduardo comes back healthy and Van Persie is healthy. Wenger did this with Ashley Cole because there was a decent back up and if he has the chance will do the same.

i know it is unlikely because of injury' date=' but he could stay healty I think van persie has the scoring title in the bag. Arsenal and Man U are always in the top 2 in scoring in the prem, but ronaldo is missing time this season and ankle injuries are always tricky because players seem to come back to early and re-injure it. Nasri and Fabregas and pass first which leaves room for Van Persie and I promise you guys Adebayor won't even start if Eduardo comes back healthy and Van Persie is healthy. Wenger did this with Ashley Cole because there was a decent back up and if he has the chance will do the same.[/quote']

Very good point, I said something similar earlier on in the thread regarding Eduardo.

We all know Van Persie is a highly talented player, however its a very big if when you say if he can be fit for the entire season.