Official Real Madrid Thread

Guest Football8

Official Real Madrid Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes, he will help Real Madrid.
    • No, he will be a flop.

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread

I can see Mourinho-Real ending in tears. It would be nigh on impossible to impose the same kind of discipline he did at Inter. If you think the likes of Kaka' date=' Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain are all gonna track back every time then you're dreaming. [/quote']

yup - hopefully it will bring him down a few levels and i cant see their fans like his style in big games (i.e. parking the aeroplane)

If Pellegrini was allowed to buy a good defender then things might have been different. No Way does he deserve to get sacked.

think he wanted evra didnt he? had he signed him it'd be a whole lot different to playing marcelo/arby there

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread At least it was Barca tho' date=' treble winners with the worlds best attack, not like they lost like this..... [YOUTUBE']rWTaJOQaj08[/YOUTUBE]

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread Hala Madrid We taking La Decima this year

Haha, I love new age Madrid fans, and in reality, new age any successful team fans. Pellegrini is not a winning coach, fine you can out muscle teams like Malaga by sheer individual talent, but as D.M. has said, he can't wing big games. That requires more than just throwing your best players onto the pitch and saying win. Mourinho might not be the most stylish coach, but he wins, and that is what Madrid fans and the Bernabeu want after so many years of no CL and Barca domination.

On a side-note every time I come back to this forum I see Reddevil and Burs praying for Madrid's demise in every shape or form. Last time it was Madrid's stars failing to succeed once they arrived in La Capital, now it is Mourinho having a unsuccessful run in Spain. Why don't you get of Madrid's case, just for a bit. Or so it seems to me that that is the situation, but since I've been gone for a while, this might just be a micro representation that misconstrues the truth.

Anyways, hello old comes comitis

Haha' date=' I love new age Madrid fans, and in reality, new age any successful team fans. Pellegrini is not a winning coach, fine you can out muscle teams like Malaga by sheer individual talent, but as D.M. has said, he can't wing big games. That requires more than just throwing your best players onto the pitch and saying win. [b']Mourinho might not be the most stylish coach, but he wins, and that is what Madrid fans and the Bernabeu want after so many years of no CL and Barca domination.

[/b]

On a side-note every time I come back to this forum I see Reddevil and Burs praying for Madrid's demise in every shape or form. Last time it was Madrid's stars failing to succeed once they arrived in La Capital, now it is Mourinho having a unsuccessful run in Spain. Why don't you get of Madrid's case, just for a bit. Or so it seems to me that that is the situation, but since I've been gone for a while, this might just be a micro representation that misconstrues the truth.

Anyways, hello old comes comitis

What was wrong with Cappello then?

People who think Pellegrini should be sacked are pathetic and for the record I wanted Real to win the league.

Haha' date=' I love new age Madrid fans, and in reality, new age any successful team fans. Pellegrini is not a winning coach, fine you can out muscle teams like Malaga by sheer individual talent, but as D.M. has said, he can't wing big games. That requires more than just throwing your best players onto the pitch and saying win. Mourinho might not be the most stylish coach, but he wins, and that is what Madrid fans and the Bernabeu want after so many years of no CL and Barca domination.

Anyways, hello old comes comitis[/quote']

Don't know what talent your on about because i'm sure RM drew 1-1 with Malaga..

What was wrong with Cappello then?

People who think Pellegrini should be sacked are pathetic and for the record I wanted Real to win the league.

Well' date=' rememberthat Capello was fired by [b']Calderon[/b], not Perez. I don't think Perez will do the same to Mourinho. Why get a newly trippled-crown coach like Mourinho and then fire him just beacuse his play of football is to ''defensive''. Also, Perez said before he took over this team that he has been a changed man and will not do the same mistakes that led to an end of his time in Madrid last time. Of course it doesn't look like he has been changing by firing Pellegrini (or atleast it just a matter of days or hours before he do so), but he is willing of giving Mourinho freedom of doing what he wants with this team and is ready to step abit in the background, so Mourinho can concentrate on his work (again, when Mourinho becomes the coach of Real).

Why would Perez want Mourinho in Real Madrid when he knows how Mourinho works? I mean, Perez knows Mourinho can get titles and has seen his work in Inter and how defensivly they played in CL. So why would he fire Mourinho if he brings titles to Madrid, but in the mean time plays very defensivly?

'Real Madrid sign Di Maria for €40m and are at an advanced stage in negotiations for David Luiz'.

Truth or Goal.com garbage? The original source was the Portuguese radio station TSF.

Garbage. Why? Beacuse Real Madrid first of all needs to figure out who'll be in charge next season. Of course it'll be Mourinho, but everything isn't clear yet.. It would be weird if Real Madrid signed a player without even knowing how Mourinho feels about him (if he will be needed for Mourinho next season for example).

Garbage. Why? Beacuse Real Madrid first of all needs to figure out who'll be in charge next season. Of course it'll be Mourinho' date=' but everything isn't clear yet.. It would be weird if Real Madrid signed a player without even knowing how Mourinho feels about him (if he will be needed for Mourinho next season for example).[/quote']

Di Maria is a player who Mourinho wanted at Inter and now wants (prospectively) at Madrid I believe.

1) http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2010/05/19/1931516/jose-mourinho-wants-benfica-trio-david-luiz-angel-di-maria-fabio-

2) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1208853/Chelsea-battle-Inter-Milan-boss-Jose-Mourinho-Benficas-Argentine-ace-Angel-Di-Maria.html

3) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1242474/Inter-boss-Jose-Mourinho-battle-club-Chelsea-Manchester-United-15m-Benfica-winger-Angel-di-Maria.html

4) http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2008/09/11/859386/inter-need-30m-for-di-maria-report

5) http://blog.taragana.com/sports/2010/05/18/special-one-mourinho-verbally-agrees-to-move-to-real-madrid-103002/

Those reports stretch back to Mourinho's first Transfer Window at the helm of Inter, so it should be very obvious how Jose feels about him.

Interesting, but I still don't think they'll end up in Real Madrid under Mourinho. Remember also that during Mourinho's first transfer window in Inter, he brought in wingers like Quaresma and Mancini and we all know how they turned. If you also compare them to the wingers of this past season wingers (Eto'o and Pandev), you can see that he likes hard-working players and he wants to build a team, not a team where players thinks they are bigger than the team. Now, I don't say a player like Ronaldo would leave beacuse of this, he is un-touchable.

'Real Madrid sign Di Maria for €40m and are at an advanced stage in negotiations for David Luiz'.

Truth or Goal.com garbage? The original source was the Portuguese radio station TSF.

Yeah, a lot of Portuguese newspappers are saying the same based on TSF. David Luiz might leave for 40M€.. 10M€ less than his release clause..

Interesting' date=' but I still don't think they'll end up in Real Madrid under Mourinho. Remember also that during Mourinho's first transfer window in Inter, he brought in wingers like Quaresma and Mancini and we all know how they turned. If you also compare them to the wingers of this past season wingers (Eto'o and Pandev), you can see that he likes hard-working players and he wants to build a [b']team[/b], not a team where players thinks they are bigger than the team. Now, I don't say a player like Ronaldo would leave beacuse of this, he is un-touchable.

1) Di Maria has been linked with Real Madrid since he moved to Europe.

2) Jose Mourinho has been linked with Di Maria dring every transfer window whilst he was at Inter.

3) To play Marcelo or Di Maria - tough choice...

4) Who signed Ronaldo, Kaka etc - Perez or Pellegrini? My point being that Perez will happily sign a player by himself, especially if Mourinho wants him. Mourinho and Perez must have met face to face to discuss his proposed management of Real Madrid, where they will have talked transfer targets undoubtedly. As I have mentioned before, Mourinho most likely wants Di Maria, and in the last two days reports claim that Mourinho himself wants Di Maria, Coentrao and Luiz from Benfica, so understandably it makes things easier if they're signed in time for Jose Mourinho's arrival in Madrid.

5) Quaresma and Mancini don't come into the equation and I struggle to see why you bring them up. Morinho will have reviewed and scrtinised the Real Madrid squad and player capabilities. He knows where he wants to strengthen, he almostly definitely knows what he wants to do to improve the team, therefore he knows who he wants in and out.

6) So Di Maria thinks he's bigger than the team? Even if he is, his ego cannot possibly be bigger than some already in the Bernebeu dressing room or than Mourinho's for that matter. Mourinho showed at Chelsea and Inter that he can control the dressing room, and with the notable exception of a Mr Mario Balotelli he hasn't had many problems. If Di Maria does have this problem, which i doubt he does, Mourinho will soon straighten him out.

7) Back to what you said - he brings in players, somke of whom are unnecessary. Di Maria could end up being the worst spend in real Madrid's history, but the odds are heavily in their favor of buying the guy, subtlety with money isn't a Florentino Perez characteristic. Basically it's most likely 'not garbage' becase if Mourinho even gets a sniff that he can make a player out of someone, Purseholder Perez will be throwing bundles of cash at the player's club before you know it.

8) Di Maria is sought after by Manchesters City and United as well as Chelsea, let me give you a recap of Perez' attitude to other big clubs' interest in potential Madrid targets:

David Beckham wanted by Barca - Madrid immediately bid €35m

WPOTY Ronaldo wanted by Barca - Madrid immediately bid €39m

Perez is like a greedy art collector in this respect, it may turn out to be ugly (Owen, Benzema) bt at least he has it.

9) Di Maria has the making of a Galactico: tipped by Maradona to be Argentina's next star, set for a starring role in the Summer's World Cup, ludicrously technically gifted and the bearer of a massive price tag.

10) Give me one reason why Madrid wold not buy him. Madrid had no need of Garay, but they bought him, and it's the same with Cicinho, Diogo and Gravesen - basically Madrid love to splurge needlessly and indulge in signings, but they can do with a Left sided attacker, and Di Maria has a lovely €40m pricetag - almost certainly the sort of player Madrid would go after.

Summary - the link may be total and utter BS, but given Perez and Mourinho's transfer policies and Mourinho's apparent pursit of Angel Di Maria it's a very questionable call. B)

1) Di Maria has been linked with Real Madrid since he moved to Europe.

Almost every big side in Europe has...

2) Jose Mourinho has been linked with Di Maria dring every transfer window whilst he was at Inter.

This supported by links from goal.com and the daily mail. Extremely credible...

3) To play Marcelo or Di Maria - tough choice...

Indeed a tough choice considering Marcelo is quite good when playing on the left and Di Maria is in no way shape or form better than him.

4) Who signed Ronaldo' date=' Kaka etc - Perez or Pellegrini? My point being that Perez will happily sign a player by himself, especially if Mourinho wants him. Mourinho and Perez must have met face to face to discuss his proposed management of Real Madrid, where they will have talked transfer targets undoubtedly. As I have mentioned before, Mourinho most likely wants Di Maria, and in the last two days reports claim that [i']Mourinho[/i] himself wants Di Maria, Coentrao and Luiz from Benfica, so understandably it makes things easier if they're signed in time for Jose Mourinho's arrival in Madrid.

Mourinho also wanted Jermaine Jenas as soon as he joined Inter.

6) So Di Maria thinks he's bigger than the team? Even if he is' date=' his ego cannot possibly be bigger than some already in the Bernebeu dressing room or than Mourinho's for that matter. Mourinho showed at Chelsea and Inter that he can control the dressing room, and with the notable exception of a Mr Mario Balotelli he hasn't had many problems. If Di Maria does have this problem, which i doubt he does, Mourinho will soon straighten him out.[/quote']

The ego's at Real are MUCH bigger than Mourinho's or the players at Inter and Chelsea. MUCH MUCH bigger.

8) Di Maria is sought after by Manchesters City and United as well as Chelsea' date=' let me give you a recap of Perez' attitude to other big clubs' interest in potential Madrid targets:

David Beckham wanted by Barca - Madrid immediately bid €35m

WPOTY Ronaldo wanted by Barca - Madrid immediately bid €39m

Perez is like a greedy art collector in this respect, it may turn out to be ugly (Owen, Benzema) bt at least he has it.[/quote']

The Manchester City we are talking about can buy the whole of the Real side without their coffers being affected too much.

Of course he might sign for Real but he isn't as good as people are maing him out to be. Outrageously overrated

Usual garbage.

Every post I make' date=' you and you alone seem to be the one who comes out and criticizes it. Are you saying it's unlikely that Madrid won't sign Di Maria?

On your points:

[b']1)[/b] Ditto with Ozil, Hazard, Boateng, Keirrison, etc... A needless point to make due to the fact that only City and Real would be willing to pay his inflated buyout fee, but I'm guessing his dream when he came to Europe was playing opposite someone like Ronaldo under a coach like Mourinho, not training in a downpour in Manchester, especially the blue half.

2) Goal.com and TribalFootball.com are notoriously unreliable. But when the Daily Mail, Yahoo Sports, WorldFootball.com, imscouting.com, OnePageNews.com, BizPress.co.uk, Ole, Football.co.uk and ESPNstar.com are singing to the same tune maybe there's just a shred of truth to the story? :o

3) You are 'of questionable intelligence' if you actually mean this:

Di Maria is in no way shape or form better than him.

... just going on last night's MOTM performance from Di Maria for one of the best teams going to the World Cup, he'll be playing Champion's League football where he belongs - he showed his class (These are the matches I've seen) against Everton, Liverpool and AEK Athens, and apparently against Hertha he was at his creative best. He's a definite livewire, who provides excellent service and belive me, he is a player you don't want running into your box which he tends to do. Oh, he's also up for the Portuguese League's Player of the Season Award. Useless, and wose than Marcelo in every way... :rolleyes:

The Brazilian on the other hand doesn't feature for his national team, and is very much a backup player. Originally a Left Back, he was so poor there that he was converted to a Left Mid, and is doing well, but I'm guessing you don't remember the start of the season? Marcelo was abysmal and lucky to keep his 90, but no, you don't need to consider that. ;)

When Have you seen Di Maria play, the same with Marcelo and on what basis do you say that Di Maria is not better than him? if you'd watched him dismantle Canada last night you wouldn't be talking such rubbish.

4) Yes, you're right, Jenas was linked with Inter. By those (in your words) 'extremely credible' fontsof knowledge the Telegraph, DailyFootballRumours.com and I skit you not WhoAteAllThePies.tv, liek you said, 'credible'... :o

5) Didier Drogba, Ronaldo - not much difference in ego size, except Ronaldo has the right to a bigger one. Aside from Sergio Ramos, Ronaldo and Raul, there ain't actually that much ego - Kaka's down to earth, Casillas, Alonso, Arbeloa, your LM extraordinaire Marcelo, Higuain etc. don't seem too bad when compared to Materazzi, Balotelli, Drogba, Ashley Cole etc.

A Di Maria would slot in nicely.

6) No they can't. City can't offer the lifestyle associated with real Madrid, heck they can't offer Champion's League Football, never mind trophies! Real Madrid has a mch bigger pull than City, end of - put it this way:

(fat) Ronaldo would have gone to Barca, but if the situation where to play out today, with City replacing Barca he wouldn't go to them - they simply cannot offer what Real Madrid or Barca can - History, Money, Trophies, Glamour - all in one. City make do with money and money alone.

In summary - you are ludicrously illinformed to say that Di Maria is a worse player than Marcelo.

You are plain dumb to say he's 'Outrageously Overrated', who's saying he's Messi? Who's rating him as a current wolrd beater? Maybe in your own head people are saying these things, but the greater footballign world has it spot on, contrary to your incorrect belief:

Angel Di Maria is a very talented player, and at a big enough club can go on to be a World class Player.

Noone's saying he's world class now, noone's saying he's worth the €40m Buyout Clause (Victor Valdes' buyout clause is €100m, he's worth about a fifth of it), but you seem to think they are...

Why haven't you addressed my points 5, 7, 9 and 10?

Every post I make' date=' you and you alone seem to be the one who comes out and criticizes it. Are you saying it's unlikely that Madrid won't sign Di Maria?

On your points:

[b']2)[/b] Goal.com and TribalFootball.com are notoriously unreliable. But when the Daily Mail, Yahoo Sports, WorldFootball.com, imscouting.com, OnePageNews.com, BizPress.co.uk, Ole, Football.co.uk and ESPNstar.com are singing to the same tune maybe there's just a shred of truth to the story? :o

If you think the Daily mail or imscouting for that matter...

3) You are 'of questionable intelligence' if you actually mean this:

... just going on last night's MOTM performance from Di Maria for one of the best teams going to the World Cup' date=' he'll be playing Champion's League football where he belongs - he showed his class (These are the matches I've seen) against Everton, Liverpool and AEK Athens, and apparently against Hertha he was at his creative best. He's a definite livewire, who provides excellent service and belive me, he is a player you don't want running into your box which he tends to do. Oh, he's also up for the Portuguese League's Player of the Season Award. Useless, and wose than Marcelo in every way... :rolleyes:

The Brazilian on the other hand doesn't feature for his national team, and is very much a backup player. Originally a Left Back, he was so poor there that he was converted to a Left Mid, and is doing well, but I'm guessing you don't remember the start of the season? Marcelo was abysmal and lucky to keep his 90, but no, you don't need to consider that. ;)

When Have you seen Di Maria play, the same with Marcelo and on what basis do you say that Di Maria is not better than him? if you'd watched him dismantle [b']Canada[/b] last night you wouldn't be talking such rubbish.

The boldenned bit says it all. I mean every word I say about Di Maria. Ridiculously overrated sums him up. The fact that Marcelo is a poor LB has got nothing to do with him being superb at LM. I saw him against 'Pool at Anfield. Didn't do a thing the whole game. Playing well against a injury hit Everton can't be too difficult either. AEK are decent at best and that's pushing it a bit. His crossing like Marcelo's can be a bit off the mark. He is a flashy player as you said but Marcelo isn't a worse player than him. Hell even Granero's been quite down down the left this season and a lot more effective.

4) Yes' date=' you're right, Jenas was [i']linked[/i] with Inter. By those (in your words) 'extremely credible' fontsof knowledge the Telegraph, DailyFootballRumours.com and I skit you not WhoAteAllThePies.tv, liek you said, 'credible'... :o

Exactly.

5) Didier Drogba' date=' Ronaldo - not much difference in ego size, except Ronaldo has the right to a bigger one. Aside from Sergio Ramos, Ronaldo and Raul, there ain't actually that much ego - Kaka's down to earth, Casillas, Alonso, Arbeloa, your LM extraordinaire Marcelo, Higuain etc. don't seem too bad when compared to Materazzi, Balotelli, Drogba, Ashley Cole etc.

A Di Maria would slot in nicely.[/quote']

Disagree massively.

6) No they can't. City can't offer the lifestyle associated with real Madrid' date=' heck they can't offer Champion's League Football, never mind trophies! Real Madrid has a mch bigger pull than City, end of - put it this way:

(fat) Ronaldo would have gone to Barca, but if the situation where to play out today, with City replacing Barca he wouldn't go to them - they simply cannot offer what Real Madrid or Barca can - History, Money, Trophies, Glamour - all in one. City make do with money and money alone.[/quote']

I said can and not will. Ain't gonna happen but Real are no match for City money wise(not that any club is)

In summary - you are ludicrously illinformed to say that Di Maria is a worse player than Marcelo.

You are plain dumb to say he's 'Outrageously Overrated', who's saying he's Messi? Who's rating him as a current wolrd beater? Maybe in your own head people are saying these things, but the greater footballign world has it spot on, contrary to your incorrect belief:

Angel Di Maria is a very talented player, and at a big enough club can go on to be a World class Player.

Noone's saying he's world class now, noone's saying he's worth the €40m Buyout Clause (Victor Valdes' buyout clause is €100m, he's worth about a fifth of it), but you seem to think they are...

Why haven't you addressed my points 5, 7, 9 and 10?

As I said hes overrated. He lacks any sort of consistent end product to be hyped up the way he is. Not saying Marcelo is brilliant but that Di Maria isn't any better.

I didn't address the points because either I agreed with it or well there was nothing to comment on.

And depite all this you offer not one credible shred of evidence that this transfer isn't on. ;)

1. I don't care if he moves to Real.

2. I said he might move to Real.

3. Your evidence is goal.com, imscouting and Daily Mail. Having no 'evidence' is better than supporting your claims by using such tripe.

And depite all this you offer not one credible shred of evidence that this transfer isn't on. ;)

Aside from disagree with me' date=' you've done nothing, Di Maria isn't overrated, he looks to be Madrid bound and that is the end of the matter.[/quote']

Ah but here is some 'credible' evidence that Di Maria is coming to City :rolleyes: It's also on tribalfootball if you want some more reliable sources. Until anything is confirmed you're just spouting stories off the rumour mill.

Ah but here is some 'credible' evidence that Di Maria is coming to City :rolleyes: It's also on tribalfootball if you want some more reliable sources. Until anything is confirmed you're just spouting stories off the rumour mill.

That link's over three weeks old and no article can claim to be a 'credible' report when it opens with Manchester City are rumoured' date=' you know which would suggest that the story is in fact a transfer rumour, one that you may in fact on Goal.com or TribalFootball.com. :o

TSF is a Lisbon based news channel who don't peddle transfer rumours, but report news, suggesting that this is a report rather than something off the rumour mill.

And if you seriously consider Tribal Football a reliable source you need your head sorted. :o

[url']http://tsf.sapo.pt/PaginaInicial/Desporto/Interior.aspx?content_id=1577365[/url]

That link's over three weeks old and no article can claim to be a 'credible' report when it opens with Manchester City are rumoured' date=' you know which would suggest that the story is in fact a transfer rumour, one that you may in fact on Goal.com or TribalFootball.com. :o

TSF is a Lisbon based news channel who don't peddle transfer rumours, but report news, suggesting that this is a report rather than something off the rumour mill.

And if you seriously consider Tribal Football a reliable source you need your head sorted. :o

[url']http://tsf.sapo.pt/PaginaInicial/Desporto/Interior.aspx?content_id=1577365[/url]

Your links aren't saying Real have made bids for Di Maria and therefore are just rumours :o I don't consider Tribal Football a reliable source at all. You just don't seem to pick up on sarcasm and irony given that the links you gave are from the Daily Mail and Goal.com.

Your links aren't saying Real have made bids for Di Maria and therefore are just rumours :o I don't consider Tribal Football a reliable source at all. You just don't seem to pick up on sarcasm and irony given that the links you gave are from the Daily Mail and Goal.com.

No as a matter of fact my link (above' date=' in Portuguese) says that Real Madrid have signed Di Maria.

The links, which are irrelevant to you and intended for the purpose of argument with DM to show Mourinho was interested in him during his stay in Milan, show links dating from Summer 2008 - how are they relevant in this argument, one where I attempt to voice that Di Maria is Madrid bound and backing it up with evidence? You should consider booking a visit with your nearest optician if you missed:

http://tsf.sapo.pt/PaginaInicial/Desporto/Interior.aspx?content_id=1577365

Which is in fact the original report. Not Rumours which you profess it to be. :o

The link I have given, and which you have so blindly missed, is the original news report from TSF, a credible source, and you may want to take a writing class if you want to be understood, it took two attempts after my initial reading of your post for it to come across, it looks like you're comign up with a credible link between ADM and Man City, then calling Tribal Football another reliable source.