Official Real Madrid Thread

Guest Football8

Official Real Madrid Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes, he will help Real Madrid.
    • No, he will be a flop.

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread

It is quite sick really, for a country deep in recession and with the highest levels of unemployment in the EU, to be spending £140 million on too players shows how much football has changed. It was a game once, not anymore. No player ever should be worth £80 million. People sometimes just hear a figure and never actually think how much money it actually is...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread At least it was Barca tho' date=' treble winners with the worlds best attack, not like they lost like this..... [YOUTUBE']rWTaJOQaj08[/YOUTUBE]

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread Hala Madrid We taking La Decima this year

It is quite sick really' date=' for a country deep in recession and with the highest levels of unemployment in the EU, to be spending £140 million on too players shows how much football has changed. It was a game once, not anymore. No player ever should be worth £80 million. People sometimes just hear a figure and never actually think how much money it actually is...[/quote']

I totally agree how many lives could 80 million save out in Africa and other third world countries, alot! Football really has changed, i truly believe no man on the planet is worth that much especially a footballer.

I totally agree how many lives could 80 million save out in Africa and other third world countries

and what has that got to do with real madrid???

i truly believe no man on the planet is worth that much especially a footballer.

if someone is prepared to pay that much then they are worth it, and if they can make that money back in trophies/merchandise etc then he'd be worth it, plus they got beckham for far below market value so its only fair that they pay so much

It is quite sick really' date=' for a country deep in recession and with the highest levels of unemployment in the EU, to be spending £140 million on too players shows how much football has changed. It was a game once, not anymore. No player ever should be worth £80 million. People sometimes just hear a figure and never actually think how much money it actually is...[/quote']

I hate to agree with a MU fan, but I have to :)

I totally agree how many lives could 80 million save out in Africa and other third world countries' date=' a lot! Football really has changed, i truly believe no man on the planet is worth that much especially a footballer.[/quote']

So why don't we just start criticizing everything. Player football wages, The Massive amounts of wealth Billionaires have, Kaka Signings as well along with the other massively disproportionate dealings in this world. Just because Madrid has taken one of your players now people begin to criticize. No one was talking about these issues when Manchester paid massive amounts for Berbatov. People only realize these issues when it comes as a side occurrence to something that bothers them.

So why don't we just start criticizing everything. Player football wages' date=' The Massive amounts of wealth Billionaires have, Kaka Signings as well along with the other massively disproportionate dealings in this world. Just because Madrid has taken one of your players now people begin to criticize. No one was talking about these issues when Manchester paid massive amounts for Berbatov. People only realize these issues when it comes as a side occurrence to something that bothers them.[/quote']

people have been saying this all before.

When man city came alonge, everyone said it. also with chelsea.

But kaka will probably get more money at madrid and he gives a lot to charity which is a good thing. Kaka is what most footballers should be like :)

people have been saying this all before.

When man city came alonge' date=' everyone said it. also with chelsea.

But kaka will probably get more money at madrid and he gives a lot to charity which is a good thing. Kaka is what most footballers should be like :)[/quote']

I beg to differ. When teams pay millions for a man to kick a round piece of synthetic leather into the back of a string net you know there is a problem. But now that Madrid has upset a bunch of fans, which forms a large part of this forum, they talk about the injustice behind it all. I don't agree with footballers making so much money, when for example a doctor makes infinitely less, but to bring about THIS REASONING, now is hypocritical at best.

I beg to differ. When teams pay millions for a man to kick a round piece of synthetic leather into the back of a string net you know there is a problem. But now that Madrid has upset a bunch of fans' date=' which forms a large part of this forum, they talk about the injustice behind it all. I don't agree with footballers making so much money, when for example a doctor makes infinitely less, but to bring about THIS REASONING, now is hypocritical at best.[/quote']

Why? Surely its as good as time as ever. With the massive amounts of money being paid and its a topical subject at the moment. It really makes people think, so I'm pretty sure now is a better time than ever.

I beg to differ. When teams pay millions for a man to kick a round piece of synthetic leather into the back of a string net you know there is a problem. But now that Madrid has upset a bunch of fans' date=' which forms a large part of this forum, they talk about the injustice behind it all. I don't agree with footballers making so much money, when for example a doctor makes infinitely less, but to bring about THIS REASONING, now is hypocritical at best.[/quote']

People supporting different teams around the world have criticized the first Galactico era, the Abramovich era and now the new Man City era (although now most people are laughing at them).

Obviously Milan and Utd fans are going to be bitter at selling their best players so they are the ones who are going to express their dislike of Madrid on these forums. And it just so happens there are a lot United fans on here. I wouldn't call it hypocritical, it's just natural in the current situation in the world's economy.

People supporting different teams around the world have criticized the first Galactico era' date=' the Abramovich era and now the new Man City era (although now most people are laughing at them).

Obviously Milan and Utd fans are going to be bitter at selling their best players so they are the ones who are going to express their dislike of Madrid on these forums. And it just so happens there are a lot United fans on here. I wouldn't call it hypocritical, it's just natural in the current situation in the world's economy.[/quote']

It's hypocritical to bring up this issue of world poverty because your emblematic player has been sold, and you have to think of evil's the other team is committing. All the money invested in football is ridiculous, so why not comment on that and not just Madrid's taking of your top player?

So why don't we just start criticizing everything. Player football wages' date=' The Massive amounts of wealth Billionaires have, Kaka Signings as well along with the other massively disproportionate dealings in this world. Just because Madrid has taken one of your players now people begin to criticize. No one was talking about these issues when Manchester paid massive amounts for Berbatov. People only realize these issues when it comes as a side occurrence to something that bothers them.[/quote']

i completely agree with this actually

i think most of the big clubs at some stage have splashed big money around buying new players. did their fans all start talking about poverty in africa??

i think since we are all avid football fans here, it would be a bit rich for anyone to come on and suggest things like 'there are too much money going around in football today' and 'that money would find better use in africa' etc

i think people should post those kind of suggestions on some aid for africa forums, not a football forum, especially when a lot of people here know people that literally live for the game, if they are not one themselves. people who work hard just so they can watch their team play at the weekend.

i think since we are all avid football fans here' date=' it would be a bit rich for anyone to come on and suggest things like 'there are too much money going around in football today' and 'that money would find better use in africa' etc

i think people should post those kind of suggestions on some aid for africa forums, not a football forum, especially when a lot of people here know people that literally live for the game, if they are not one themselves. people who work hard just so they can watch their team play at the weekend.[/quote']

and lets not forget that billions has been given over the years to africa but due to corruption/poor spending africa hasnt improved that greatly for the money spent/lent/given there

and lets not forget that billions has been given over the years to africa but due to corruption/poor spending africa hasnt improved that greatly for the money spent/lent/given there

haha great shout !

we are going outside football here, but if people want to start to complain about the excess of money flowing into football, and how that money should be spent on helping africa.....then i ask, given the corruption and mismanagement in africa government and local authorities, would any of that money have made any difference?? the US and european union have sent aid in the form of grants and loans worth around a billions dollars on yearly basis, and all that has done is made the rich richer and the poor poorer.

the problem with africa is as much about mismanagement of resources as it is about poverty

haha great shout !

we are going outside football here' date=' but if people want to start to complain about the excess of money flowing into football, and how that money should be spent on helping africa.....then i ask, given the corruption and mismanagement in africa government and local authorities, would any of that money have made any difference?? the US and european union have sent aid in the form of grants and loans worth around a billions dollars on yearly basis, and all that has done is made the rich richer and the poor poorer.

the problem with africa is as much about mismanagement of resources as it is about poverty[/quote']

Before I leave,

Werd Mate. Finally we come to an agreement! haha

Football clubs all have their own place on the transfer market food chain and sadly for Manchester United, Real Madrid has, does and always will sit at the top of the chain whether they win less or not.

I remember Crystal Palace moaning when Tottenham came in and pinched Bostock for a 'below market vaule' price. Ironically, Palace themselves had done exactly the same for a player from a smaller clubs a few months earlier.

A few months later and Tottenham were moaning about United with Berbatov and United were arrogant in their dealings although a rather oversized bag of cash was thrown at the White Hart Lane board which quietened the Spurs suits...

Sadly for United though Madrid found something they wanted it and as we all knew sooner or later they would get it.

For Manchester this is a great deal, a player that single handedly thinks he can take apart the best team in the world on the champions league final is one that must go. With that cash United can move on, I genuinely feel that Ronaldo's attitude was having a negative effect on the pitch and in the dressing room. I think Ribery, Benzema and Teves on a permanent deal will be concluded with the arrival of Luis Valencia also for Manchester. Ronaldo or those 4...?

For Manchester this is a great deal' date=' a player that single handedly thinks he can take apart the best team in the world on the champions league final is one that must go. With that cash United can move on, I genuinely feel that Ronaldo's attitude was having a negative effect on the pitch and in the dressing room. I think Ribery, Benzema and Teves on a permanent deal will be concluded with the arrival of Luis Valencia also for Manchester. Ronaldo or those 4...?[/quote']

I doubt we'll get all 4 mate. I'd love to see us get them, but I don't think we can accomadate them. Valencia we'll probably get as well as one of Benzema / Ribery (Benzema the more likely). Three of them I would be quite happy with (Benzema, Tevez, Valencia). I mean the 4 of them would cost £100 mil + probably...

Man Utd fans moaning about teams spending to much money... class :D if only I could be bothered to go back and show those same people defending spending money to "stay as the best" :P

As for Madrid, I agree with the chaps below about the balance of the team and at the moment I do not think they will win La Liga or the CL, they need to sign better defenders.

Blatter has given his approval to the Ronaldo deal...:rolleyes:

That idiot is the biggest hypocrite and most corrupt man to smear his ugly face on the beautiful game. Had Manchester City, Chelsea or even Barca signed Ronaldo for the same vaule as Real or perhaps even less the man would be condemning it as the 'end of football as we know it' or 'ridiculious' but he has no doubt already renewed his Real season ticket under the early bird scheme for the coming campaign.

I think more and more United fans are pleased with the imminent departure of Ronaldo from Manchester as the deals moves closer to completion. I still think this is a step backwards for Ronaldo despite the new era under Perez but only time will tell i guess. Madrid are still suffering from the effects of the last galactico and have more internal problems than a tom cruise and katie holmes relationship.

Blatter has given his approval to the Ronaldo deal...:rolleyes:

That idiot is the biggest hypocrite and most corrupt man to smear his ugly face on the beautiful game. Had Manchester City' date=' Chelsea or even Barca signed Ronaldo for the same vaule as Real or perhaps even less the man would be condemning it as the 'end of football as we know it' or 'ridiculious' but he has no doubt already renewed his Real season ticket under the early bird scheme for the coming campaign.

I think more and more United fans are pleased with the imminent departure of Ronaldo from Manchester as the deals moves closer to completion. I still think this is a step backwards for Ronaldo despite the new era under Perez but only time will tell i guess. Madrid are still suffering from the effects of the last galactico and have more internal problems than a tom cruise and katie holmes relationship.[/quote']

I fully agree hes a hypocrite due to obvious reasons, however his comments are 100% true about football and people's views on it, especially the comment comparing Ronaldo to a painting which sold for 100mil only to be locked away lol

I think Football always seems to be what people want to hate such as footballers wages, yet Samuel L Jackson makes like 20mil per movie......... and the cast from Friends were on like 1mil per episode.

So its not just football

Guest Football8

Well you how it is with Football' date=' i only passed on a message, Ronaldo said he didn't want to play for RM, not me. ;)[/quote']

You were saying how the top players wouldn't want to play for Real Madrid and stuff as well. :P