Official Real Madrid Thread

Guest Football8

Official Real Madrid Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes, he will help Real Madrid.
    • No, he will be a flop.

Guest The Ginger Telletubby

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread

I hate to put negative things on the real madrid thread but I may have to give you boys a mighty old thrashing on a bit of history

The last galacticos era brought you small domestic success in comparison to Uniteds ability within the premiership

La Liga is different to the Premiership and although some argue that La Liga can never be as good as the premiership because of money. Platini is so unbelievably anti prem and is in cohesion with Perez. Abramovic and Perez have different minds along with different sources...Perez taxes the locals whereas Roman uses his own wealth to stabilise a club. Madrid will crumble, the wave will fade and what they will be left with is a hole in their pocket and space in their trophy cabinet. Raul albiol and Sergio Ramos does not make a defence world class. Chopping and changing like an east london butcher will not get you the nicest prime meat at the end you will end up with a large piece of talent but it will fall apart. Valencia is an amazing player who with the rigth coaching could compete with the worlds best. Any team that wants to let robben sneijder and van der vaart go obviously has no loyalty or tact. Even higuain will barely feature just because he 'doesnt sell shirts'!

Is that what football in Spain has come to?

Selling players because they dont sell you merchandise?

Madrid is the worlds premier example to businessmen on how not to run a club

Hahaha' date=' you talk a lot of .... We didn't ever buy Tevez, so I don't know how we managed to sell him. He sold Ronaldo because he wanted to go, what would be the point in keeping a players whos mind was elsewhere - he made the right decision and cashed in on him and what a cash deal it was. You really think United will end up just signing Valencia then? Your a bigger fool than I thought.

A second attempt to insult your intelligence? Get over yourself, I explained myself last time and now your trying to make a big deal about this again. YES I am saying Valencia is good, but £16 million pounds good remains to be seen. Lets face it we're not short of cash anyway, but players playing in the EPL usually are over-priced. Of course I was laughing at yous buying him because I knew how much you didn't want him at your club as you fail to see potential and can only see potential when it has matured and I have never stated he will be a world class replacement for Ronaldo, of course he won't. Your knowledge of the football in the premier league is minimal at best. I bet you have never even seen Valencia play.

I'm not even going to bother anymore, you fail to understand reasoning.[/quote']

Yep I have never seen Valencia play, on wigan, I have seen him on the ecuador squad several times and he fails to impress. I think a near 24 year old isn't exactly where you should be looking for potential. There is nothing to get over, I think there is no need to insult others. Maybe one's club, but once you begin stepping into personal debates it goes a little far. Question my knowledge of a league, fair enough, but my intelligence, out of place if you ask me. Leave that for the university campus.

Guest Daragh

Enjoy Your Luis Antonio Valencia' date=' although he doesn't score nearly as much as Ronaldo, I'm sure he'll make it up with technique, dribbling, and merchandising...Woops :P. The Disrespectful Old Man has lost it, selling Tevez and Ronaldo was probably among the worst decisions he has ever made. Rooney and Berbatov, frightening attack :rolleyes:. And if Barcelona does get Villa, we'll get Benzema and zizou will smuggle scarface into Spain.

A Second attempt at insulting my intelligence, you mean to tell me that Valencia is good, [b']I mean 17 million pounds good[/b]? You were laughing at us buying Valencia, and now try and turn your opinion 360 to make him out to be a potential world class replacement.

And you think Ronaldo is 80 million pounds good? :rolleyes:

Guest Daragh

No sports icon is worth more than any doctor' date=' teacher, scientists. But in these times and seeing how money has been spent on other players (berbatov, etc); yes Ronaldo is worth it, he will bring both play and income.[/quote']

Mate, not one player is worth 80 million. To say he is worth that much is a joke IMO (no offence) and even if there was a player worth 80 million, it definately wouldn't be him, yous have just bought a player with a poor self centered, lazy, arrogant, unloyal attitude who IMO wants money and fame rather than success and trophies out of football.

My nan got offered a contract at madrid

Just because she was the pillar of her community

She turned it down

10 Millions alot of money for someone on a walking frame

But she said summin about the people over there dont have values morally or financially

Also shes a bit sensitive to fake expectations

Last time she was at newcastle she has to go to A and E

Mate' date=' not one player is worth 80 million. To say he is worth that much is a joke IMO (no offence) and even if there was a player worth 80 million, it definately wouldn't be him, yous have just bought a player with a poor self centered, lazy, arrogant, unloyal attitude who IMO wants money and fame rather than success and trophies out of football.[/quote']

I would normally agree, however when you think Ronaldo costs 80mil, if he did have an amazing few seasons with Madrid, helped them with some trophies as well as entertain millions / billions of viewers and also sold X amount of shirts etc.

then compare that with other things which cost 80mil... certain films, paintings :eek: etc etc

I heard 1 painting sold for like 100mil, and has been locked away for protection lol you decide which is worth more :D

As for coaches making players, you missed my point a little of course coaches improve players but Sir Alex didnt train Ronaldo anyway the Man Utd coaches did, however my point was if Ronaldo never moved to Man Utd he would have ended up at another top club (he was hardly unkown even at 16) and regardless which club he went to he would have turned out a world class player.

If the above is not true, how comes the greats of the games always progress even when they start at there 1st club with there "lesser" coaches, these players still stand out even from an early age

Aye pal

But you have to consider the long term prospects of a film or even artwork

In the future it may have more than sentimental gain it will have financial gain

Ronaldo was bought to use

To simply pay 80 million for a person is modern day insanity

Plus his wages will be no small fee, hes even got the rights to half all merchandise sold with his name on it

The man is narcisistic with severe over indulgence, the arrogance is unreal and although he is a talented footballer he is not irreplacable. Even chelsea held back with reserve after building their team, Perez craves success and will stop at no price tag to achieve the best possible chances of it. PErhaps he should step back count his change and try to stabilise madrid financially before spending even more money on another 'Galactico'.

Aye pal

But you have to consider the long term prospects of a film or even artwork

In the future it may have more than sentimental gain it will have financial gain

Ronaldo was bought to use

To simply pay 80 million for a person is modern day insanity

Plus his wages will be no small fee' date=' hes even got the rights to half all merchandise sold with his name on it

The man is narcisistic with severe over indulgence, the arrogance is unreal and although he is a talented footballer he is not irreplacable. Even chelsea held back with reserve after building their team, Perez craves success and will stop at no price tag to achieve the best possible chances of it. PErhaps he should step back count his change and try to stabilise madrid financially before spending even more money on another 'Galactico'.[/quote']

hmmm so using that theory, Ronaldo for X amount of years of football, what 1/2 games every week?

OR

Film star (Samuel L Jackson) for example on £20mil per movie, 4 films pays the Ronaldo fee, yes movies are good after X amount of years but no better than classic football games / skills remembered after decades.

Plus a film star is much eaiser to replace than a football star

I take your point

But the wages are simply un fathemable

The lower tax band in Spain means he will be gaining around 150k a week

That works out in my maths over the course of his 6 year contract

46.8 Million

Thats excluding other bonuses and merchandising rights

It's just extraordinary that they will pay that when they could buy at least newcastle united and southampton for the price of ronaldo

I can understand the view point of value for money but Madrids record in that field isn't exactly eximplemary

I take your point

But the wages are simply un fathemable

The lower tax band in Spain means he will be gaining around 150k a week

That works out in my maths over the course of his 6 year contract

46.8 Million

Thats excluding other bonuses and merchandising rights

It's just extraordinary that they will pay that when they could buy at least newcastle united and southampton for the price of ronaldo

I can understand the view point of value for money but Madrids record in that field isn't exactly eximplemary

yeah but once again, why do people only do this to footballers wages?

Like I mentioned below top actors are on about 20mil per movie, it takes them what 3 months to make a movie so whats that about 6.6mil per month, about 1.6mil per week :eek:, footballers don't even come close to those guys.

yeah but once again' date=' why do people only do this to footballers wages?

Like I mentioned below top actors are on about 20mil per movie, it takes them what 3 months to make a movie so whats that about 6.6mil per month, about 1.6mil per week :eek:, footballers don't even come close to those guys.[/quote']

Actors die young

Footballers normally go on till their 40's, God has his own way to even it out I think. But then you could argue that stars like christian bale who are reaching middle age have already accumulated more than a footballer who started around the same age. Actors are on ridiculous amounts of money but the people wo hire them do get a return on their money?

You look at Owen Beckham Woodgate Robinho Sneijder Van der vaart...etc

The list goes on where the football club does not get any sort of return on the money they spent

Injurys can often dash a players career and make him worthless whereas actors can rebuild careers (Mickey Rourke):(

Actors die young

Footballers normally go on till their 40's' date=' God has his own way to even it out I think. But then you could argue that stars like christian bale who are reaching middle age have already accumulated more than a footballer who started around the same age. Actors are on ridiculous amounts of money but the people wo hire them do get a return on their money?

You look at Owen Beckham Woodgate Robinho Sneijder Van der vaart...etc

The list goes on where the football club does not get any sort of return on the money they spent

Injurys can often dash a players career and make him worthless whereas actors can rebuild careers (Mickey Rourke):([/quote']

1.6mil per week is just to much, no matter how much the film makes or how long an actors career spans tho.

Ronaldo (if stays INJ free) will make Real Madrid millions upon millions in cash back even with his wages off it.

besides it aint just actors, music people, list goes on really but yet everyone focuses on footballers.

As for Beckham :eek: ... he made Madrid tons of cash back.

Just a point about this actors v footballers salaries debate... a top movie can easily generate £200mil in box office sales, many have surpassed £500mil, and some even come close to £1bil. Then there's things like dvd sales and merchandising (to a certain extent) on top of that.

No football club in the world can generate anywhere near that in gate receipts for an entire season... and there are only 6-8 teams in the world who can top £200mil in TOTAL revenue (including merchandising, sponsorship, TV deals etc, on top of gate receipts).

Also, in a movie the focus is mainly on 2-3 leading characters... in a football match there's 22 players on the pitch (and when 2 top teams are playing each other, 10 or more of them can often be considered to be world-class).

Judging by that, surely leading actors/actresses should get paid considerably more than footballers. I know I'd rather give the money to the people who are actually doing the entertaining, than some guy in a suit who just sits on his backside raking in the profits from someone else's work.

Generally, in the entertainment world, the amount of money the 'stars' get paid is proportionate to what we the public are willing to pay to see/hear them do whatever they do. The ones who get paid the most are just the ones who make the biggest profit for whoever they're working for at the time.

Also' date=' in a movie the focus is mainly on 2-3 leading characters... in a football match there's 22 players on the pitch (and when 2 top teams are playing each other, 10 or more of them can often be considered to be world-class).[/quote']

Yeah 2-3 who are on over £1mil per week, however most of the "lessor" actors would still be on more than Ronaldo per week

Judging by that' date=' surely leading actors/actresses [i']should[/i] get paid considerably more than footballers. I know I'd rather give the money to the people who are actually doing the entertaining, than some guy in a suit who just sits on his backside raking in the profits from someone else's work.

Totaly agree

Generally' date=' in the entertainment world, the amount of money the 'stars' get paid is proportionate to what we the public are willing to pay to see/hear them do whatever they do. The ones who get paid the most are just the ones who make the biggest profit for whoever they're working for at the time.[/quote']

Fully agree, however thats my point why don't these guys get any stick? footballers get it all the time from the general public however the footballers are on the wages they deserve in the football world like the like actors in the movie industry, however only footballers seem to come under stick.

People are also slamming Madrid for paying 80mil for 1 player inc quite a few Man Utd fans however when you think Ronaldos value compared to a bunch of expensive squad players say for example Nani, Berbatov, Hargeeves etc

It just makes me laugh how people (esp Man Utd / English) are bashing Madrid for raising the bar in spennding, yet Chelsea and Man Utd did that to the rest of the EPL the last 4/5 years or so as Liverpool and Arsenal couldnt go out and spend the cash they did to win the league.

Now Madrid (who in the footballing world are still much bigger than Man Utd (to players)) have raised the bar A LOT to Man Utd they come under fire for it.

Good. Now hopefully we get Aguero instead. I would have liked Benzema yes' date=' but in other threads I have stated I would prefer Aguero all day long. :) Its just a shame thats one player Madrid will never get.[/quote']

I do not think Manchester United will be signing another big name forward. It will most likely be Rooney and Berbatov upfront with some younger player who would be prepared to be on the bench for cover. Whether that is Welbeck/Macheda or a new signing remains to be seen.

I do not think Manchester United will be signing another big name forward. It will most likely be Rooney and Berbatov upfront with some younger player who would be prepared to be on the bench for cover. Whether that is Welbeck/Macheda or a new signing remains to be seen.

You think United will only sign Valencia with the £80 mil they got? lol No chance. We could sign Aguero, as he is also able to play in a wideish position, but if we don't we'll probably get a good forward like Gignac who can come on from the bench and another big name winger. Theres sooo much transfer activity to take place at OT yet.

You think United will only sign Valencia with the £80 mil they got? lol No chance. We could sign Aguero' date=' as he is also able to play in a wideish position, but if we don't we'll probably get a good forward like Gignac who can come on from the bench and another big name winger. Theres sooo much transfer activity to take place at OT yet.[/quote']

Ferguson will not just spend £80 million the sake of it. He obviously likes Berbatov and he would not drop Rooney so why would he sign another big name striker? I was not saying he would not spend all the money but would use it to strengthen the team rather than just 1 position.

Guest Daragh

I would normally agree' date=' however when you think Ronaldo costs 80mil, if he did have an amazing few seasons with Madrid, helped them with some trophies as well as entertain millions / billions of viewers and also sold X amount of shirts etc.

then compare that with other things which cost 80mil... certain films, paintings :eek: etc etc

I heard 1 painting sold for like 100mil, and has been locked away for protection lol you decide which is worth more :D

As for coaches making players, you missed my point a little of course coaches improve players but Sir Alex didnt train Ronaldo anyway the Man Utd coaches did, however my point was if Ronaldo never moved to Man Utd he would have ended up at another top club (he was hardly unkown even at 16) and regardless which club he went to he would have turned out a world class player.

If the above is not true, how comes the greats of the games always progress even when they start at there 1st club with there "lesser" coaches, these players still stand out even from an early age[/quote']

I don't know why someone would buy a painting for 100mill :D

But seriously, do you think Ronaldo is worth 80 million?

Oh right, thats what I said, coaches improve them. I thought you meant that coaches didn't improve them not Ferguson. I still disagree with a part of that. How do you know Ronaldo would still be world class if he went to a different club? Just because he was well known doesn't mean anything. You said that players are born with talent and make themselves. Add those two points up, Saviola was VERY well known and had a LOT of talent but why hasn't he made himself into a world class player (no doubt he had the potential to become one)? Players need the right coaches behind them to make it to the highest level. Plenty of players stand out at lesser clubs (in this case I'll use Saviola again although River Plate isn't a small club) but did he become world class? No. Just because you have talent doesn't mean you automatically become a world class player when your older. It takes a lot of hard work to get there and you can't reach the highest level on your own, you need the right coaches behind you as they will improve you.

I don't know why someone would buy a painting for 100mill :D

But seriously' date=' do you think Ronaldo is worth 80 million?

Oh right, thats what I said, coaches improve them. I thought you meant that coaches didn't improve them not Ferguson. I still disagree with a part of that. How do you know Ronaldo would still be world class if he went to a different club? Just because he was well known doesn't mean anything. You said that players are born with talent and make themselves. Add those two points up, Saviola was VERY well known and had a LOT of talent but why hasn't he made himself into a world class player (no doubt he had the potential to become one)? Players need the right coaches behind them to make it to the highest level. Plenty of players stand out at lesser clubs (in this case I'll use Saviola again although River Plate isn't a small club) but did he become world class? No. Just because you have talent doesn't mean you automatically become a world class player when your older. It takes a lot of hard work to get there and you can't reach the highest level on your own, you need the right coaches behind you as they will improve you.[/quote']

i completely agree here, ronaldo wont be half the player he is today without ferguson's guidance

ronaldo as a teenager already has most of the technique and ability required to be a very good footballer. but in the modern day game, football is just as much about mental strength and power of will as it is about natural ability. to make it at the very top, and to achieve what ronaldo has achieved, you need real mental resilience. when ronaldo gets hacked everytime he gets on the ball, he nevers shys away, even against the most brutal of english defenders. that kind of mental strength and drive only develops over time, and requires constant motivation. you dont get born with that.

take beckham in wc 98 and ronaldo in wc 2006. both came back from those tournaments under the full pelt of the media backlash, for their moments of irresponsibility. under normal circumstances, they should have welted under the media pressure, and their professional career progress effectively faltering before they even reach their peak. Yet both ended up coming back as infinitely better players(or more confident and mentally strong). beckham ended up having the best season of his career in the united treble year, and ronaldo ended up taking united to the premier league title and a CL semi final. in fact that season he was completely unrecognisable from the "useless show pony" pundits labelled him in previous seasons

those things you have to give credit to ferguson, with the way he puts an arm around his players, and focuses them on what lays ahead. that's why he is arguably one of the best manager ever. what he lacks in tactical mobility, he more than makes up in his man management and motivating skills. that's also why he is one of the most successful managers to have graced the sport

ronaldo without ferguson would be a shadow of the player he is today. look at quaresma. that's a guy with all the talent in the world, who is misguided and now totally lost in the modern overpriced and overhyped world of football