Official Real Madrid Thread

Guest Football8

Official Real Madrid Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes, he will help Real Madrid.
    • No, he will be a flop.

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread

It depends on he's performances' date=' but I can't really say atm, seen as everyones in and out at the club.[/quote']

ok cheers.

I will wait and see how he gets on. i was impressed with some of his performances last year so am confident he will settle well.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread At least it was Barca tho' date=' treble winners with the worlds best attack, not like they lost like this..... [YOUTUBE']rWTaJOQaj08[/YOUTUBE]

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread Hala Madrid We taking La Decima this year

Guest Football8

;683644']I doubt a month of football will get him a rise...

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, but if he performs well then he may somehow gets a starting lineup please, that's of course if he plays during the month and not Metzelder.

Guest Football8

;683657']Munt u just confused me :L

Garay a month ?

Or Metzelder a month ?

Who will partner Raul Albiol ?!

Will Garay perform like a hero and play beyond a month ?

Or will he move back to the bench after Pepe is back from his suspension.

Find out when the season begins ! B)

Get it ? :D

EDIT: Pepe should return on Sunday 27th September 2009 against newly promoted side Tenerife.

Garay a month ?

Or Metzelder a month ?

Who will partner Raul Albiol ?!

Will Garay perform like a hero and play beyond a month ?

Or will he move back to the bench after Pepe is back from his suspension.

Find out when the season begins ! B)

Get it ? :D

EDIT: Pepe should return on Sunday 27th September 2009 against newly promoted side Tenerife.

I think Garay will get his chance... I tip him to play well.

Albiol might not perform... therefore it could be Pepe + Garay...

Guest Football8

Looks like Dani Parejo's headed to Getafe with a buy-back-clause. The fee is around 3 millions Euros, you have to thank Getafe for training up the Real Madrid youths they sign and give back. B)

Guest Football8

Real Madrid 1-1, Al Ittihad.

First half was a good performance, but only possession, barely any chances.

Second half was a poor performance with last seasons failing team.

Miguel Torres is average at he's best and definitely shouldn't be starter, would be a good backup to Sergio Ramos.

Drenthe's showing signs of quality, but both him and Marcelo are similar, but I prefer Marcelo.

Metzelder looked solid with Garay, Metzelder's worth keeping.

Lass, once again a good performance, but he has to make sure he doesn't give the ball away from inside he's own half.

Gago, another good performance, Alonso would be a upgrade for him, Lass and Alonso would be a great partnership.

Ronaldo didn't get into the game much apart from the odd flick and trick and needs to move into AM whilst attacking to burst through the defense or shoot.

Whilst he does that, Sergio Ramos is a upgrade to Miguel Torres.

Kaka would replace Sneijder.

Robben seemed in and out tonight, but is better at the top of he's game.

My lineup for Real Madrid:

Casillas

Sergio Ramos | Albiol | Pepe | Marcelo*

Lass | Alonso

Ronaldo | Kaka | Robben/**

Benzema

*Arbeloa

**Ribery

Guest Football8

Another thing is that RVN is most certainly not needed now, with the 3 strikers being Benzema, Raúl and Higuain.

Huntelaar is on the verge of leaving and Negredo can possibly be included in a deal for another player, or could be kept for 4th choice maybe ?

Looks like Dani Parejo's headed to Getafe with a buy-back-clause. The fee is around 3 millions Euros' date=' you have to thank Getafe for training up the Real Madrid youths they sign and give back. B)[/quote']

Well for Getafe it's a win-win, effectively being paid to take players on "loan" as such.

Buy the player for 3m, he has a decent season or two, real buy him back for 4m. 1m profit and the services of a good young footballer for a year or two makes good business sense for both teams imo.

Well for Getafe it's a win-win' date=' effectively being paid to take players on "loan" as such.

Buy the player for 3m, he has a decent season or two, real buy him back for 4m. 1m profit and the services of a good young footballer for a year or two makes good business sense for both teams imo.[/quote']

Its amazing business, you have to think of the different pedigree in players Madrid and Getafe would want. If he turns out to be a real hit, but not good enough for Madrid ( which is fair enough because RM are a world class team ) and just because he doesnt make the grade for them doesnt mean he isnt a very good / good player. Means they have got him at a small fee !

If he turns out to be very good, they have him for a short while and make a little return like you say

Its amazing business' date=' you have to think of the different pedigree in players Madrid and Getafe would want. If he turns out to be a real hit, but not good enough for Madrid ( which is fair enough because RM are a world class team ) and just because he doesnt make the grade for them doesnt mean he isnt a very good / good player. Means they have got him at a small fee !

If he turns out to be very good, they have him for a short while and make a little return like you say[/quote']

Exactly, it's kinda like a big club in England selling their young 'uns (I'll use United) to another side that's local(ish) and in the top division but a bit further down (Blackburn or Bolton for example)

Get them top flight experience without the risk of playing them over your established players, monitor their progress then give the club a million or two of a premium for their troubles, or the permanent signing of a good, if not brilliant player.

Guest Football8

Anyone want to predict/pick the finalised 25 man squad for next season ? I'll start it off.

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Dudek, Adan.

Defenders: Sergio Ramos, Raul Albiol, Pepe, Marcelo, Miguel Torres, Garay, Metzelder, Arbeloa.

Midfielders: Lass, Alonso, Ronaldo, Kaka, Robben, Gago, Granero, Sneijder, Guti, Palanca.

Strikers: Benzema, Higuain, Raúl, Negredo.

Anyone want to predict/pick the finalised 25 man squad for next season ? I'll start it off.

Goalkeepers: Casillas' date=' Dudek, Adan.

Defenders: Sergio Ramos, Raul Albiol, Pepe, Marcelo, Miguel Torres, Garay, Metzelder, Arbeloa.

Midfielders: Lass, Alonso, Ronaldo, Kaka, Robben, Gago, Granero, Sneijder, Guti, Palanca.

Strikers: Benzema, Higuain, Raúl, Negredo.[/quote']

Everything Seems Right Except Palanca...and maybe (although hopefully not) Negredo

Gago' date=' another good performance, Alonso would be a upgrade for him, Lass and Alonso would be a great partnership.

[/quote']

Munt, please say that you're kidding. Gago was TERRIBLE. He constantly losses the ball, has no strength or whatsoever, he can't pass (not counting few moments, that he could be brilliant and which happens like twice in a year) and he can't destroy attacks. TERRIBLE.

Goalkeepers: Casillas' date=' Dudek, Adan.

Strikers: Benzema, Higuain, Raúl, Negredo.[/quote']

And what about Ruud van Nistelrooy? He still has the goal-scoring instincts, and though there will be a lot of competition for him, i think for his quality, too harsh not to be selected.

Guest Football8

And what about Ruud van Nistelrooy? He still has the goal-scoring instincts' date=' and though there will be a lot of competition for him, i think for his quality, too harsh not to be selected.[/quote']

No room for him unfortunately, it would of been a different case if he was like 28/29, but he's like 33 so you know... I know he's still one of the best finishers in the world...

But Benzema and Higuain don't want to waste their careers waiting for an injury prone RVN to finish his.

I've said it elsewhere' date=' but I'll say it again, Madrid are going to want to sign the prestige players, they want Alonso. Would you take him or Granero? Granero is fantastic by the way.[/quote']

Granero actually. He's our youth product and I think that ALL of the teams should play at least some of their youth products. In other works , I like "6+5" rule and I hope it will be applied...

Guest Football8

I don't know why everyone things Real Madrid are building a dream team just because they signed Ronaldo and Kaka, that's not the case.

Anyway Real Madrid vs LDU Quito

Real Madrid tonight upped the tempo from the last game, but this team tonight would still get beat 5-0 by Barca or Liverpool.

Ronaldo's not much of a difference still apart from the odd flick and trick.

Lass's presence was missing in the middle of the pitch until he came on, as he would normally be fighting around the wide-back and defensive mid area to get the ball back.

Guti was played instead and there actually was someone controlling the midfield and dictating the play, usually they'd be Lass and Gago sharing the responsibility of that and there wouldn't be much creativity.

Alonso is heavily needed due to him controlling the tempo of the game, with Lass sitting behind/next to him and helping the defense.

Robben actually got a new role now, last season he was allowed to run at the defender and attempt to get past him or cut in and shoot. This time he runs a bit and passes through the middle, which might be ruining his talent.

Gago started off with a few poor passes, but then gradually got into the game.

One improvement for Ronaldo is when he's on the left he should cut in with his right foot, rather than running down the wing and trying to get past players.

Negredo should simply be 4th striker if he stays, I think he's a solid brick and mostly a CF.

Benzema's so far been the best new player ahead of Ronaldo, but Kaka and Raul Albiol are yet to debut.

A lot improvements can be made from this game, although these games are to test out tactics and I think Pellegrini's made a good start.

There's still 4 starters missing, Sergio Ramos will fit in well with the system, since the fullbacks are really attacking.

Anyway a good performance tonight, but Real Madrid need to stay awake whilst defending set-pieces.

I don't know why everyone things Real Madrid are building a dream team just because they signed Ronaldo and Kaka' date=' that's not the case.

Real Madrid tonight upped the tempo from the last game, but this team tonight would still get beat 5-0 by Barca or Liverpool.

Lass's presence was missing in the middle of the pitch until he came on, as he would normally be fighting around the wide-back and defensive mid area to get the ball back.

Guti was played instead and there actually was someone controlling the midfield and dictating the play, usually they'd be Lass and Gago sharing the responsibility of that and there wouldn't be much creativity.

Alonso is heavily needed due to him controlling the tempo of the game, with Lass sitting behind/next to him and helping the defense.

Robben actually got a new role now, last season he was allowed to run at the defender and attempt to get past him or cut in and shoot. This time he runs a bit and passes through the middle, which might be ruining his talent.

One improvement for Ronaldo is when he's on the left he should cut in with his right foot, rather than running down the wing and trying to get past players.

Negredo should simply be 4th striker if he stays, I think he's a solid brick and mostly a CF.

Benzema's so far been the best new player ahead of Ronaldo, but Kaka and Raul Albiol are yet to debut.

A lot improvements can be made from this game, although these games are to test out tactics and I think Pellegrini's made a good start.

There's still 4 starters missing, Sergio Ramos will fit in well with the system, since the fullbacks are really attacking.

Anyway a good performance tonight, but Real Madrid need to stay awake whilst defending set-pieces.[/quote']

I agree with what you are saying looking at reports on Real Madrids previous match.

The Robben thing is true, on how his freedom has been limited which could limit performance.

Benzema has also been the best signing so far, not all signings been played yet.

So yeah I think your right Munt ;)

I don't know why everyone things Real Madrid are building a dream team just because they signed Ronaldo and Kaka' date=' that's not the case.

Anyway a good performance tonight, but Real Madrid need to stay awake whilst defending set-pieces.[/quote']

I think that the best signing so far has been Granero followed by Benzema ;)

And Gago - he got on to the game? For like losing 2 headers 1 of which ended as a goal and others was saved by Dudek? For losing the ball constantly? Although he did play better then the last game.