Official Real Madrid Thread

Guest Football8

Official Real Madrid Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes, he will help Real Madrid.
    • No, he will be a flop.

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread

Can i ask why Arbeloa was bought for so little ? he is a good full back who can play both rb and lb' date=' i dont understand the small fee ? how many years did he have left on his contract ???

Also nells, you will soon have to change your sig under your avatar, to Man Utd AND Liverpool to Real madrid feeder club[/quote']

But IF they get Alonso thats only 1 player (Arbeloa was running his contract out well before Madrid came a calling) compared to the half a dozen they have had off Man Utd :)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread At least it was Barca tho' date=' treble winners with the worlds best attack, not like they lost like this..... [YOUTUBE']rWTaJOQaj08[/YOUTUBE]

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread Hala Madrid We taking La Decima this year

Guest Daragh

Only Van Nistelrooy was missed.

Or did United win the title the season year he left...? Anyone remember? The year they had Rooney and Saha up front I think.

That doesn't matter

I'm just trying to prove a point that Neller shouldn't have to change his thingy under his avatar :D

That doesn't matter

I'm just trying to prove a point that Neller shouldn't have to change his thingy under his avatar :D

They were all players Fergie stated he didn't want to keep anyway. Selling the other 2 was a masterstroke, but I would have preferred King Ruud to stay... Ronaldo, no he didn't want to sell him. Do Liverpool want to sell Alonso? No. Did they want to sell Arbeloa? Probably would've liked to keep him in fairness and for him to sign a new contract. So, if anything, Liverpool are more of a feeder club to Madrid than United it would seem. :)

Guest Daragh

They were all players Fergie stated he didn't want to keep anyway. Selling the other 2 was a masterstroke' date=' but I would have preferred King Ruud to stay... Ronaldo, no he didn't want to sell him. Do Liverpool want to sell Alonso? No. Did they want to sell Arbeloa? Probably would've liked to keep him in fairness and for him to sign a new contract. So, if anything, Liverpool are more of a feeder club to Madrid than United it would seem. :)[/quote']

Ferguson didn't say he wanted Beckham out, did he? It was Beckham that wanted out, was it not? Tbh once Madrid declared their interest in Arbeloa, I'm pretty sure Rafa would have wanted to sell him as he would have left on a free next year anyway. Arbeloa probably wouldn't have signed a new contract as he wanted to go to Madrid so we had to sell him or risk losing him on a free. But yeah, we would have liked to have kept him. :)

They were all players Fergie stated he didn't want to keep anyway. Selling the other 2 was a masterstroke' date=' but I would have preferred King Ruud to stay... Ronaldo, no he didn't want to sell him. Do Liverpool want to sell Alonso? No. Did they want to sell Arbeloa? Probably would've liked to keep him in fairness and for him to sign a new contract. So, if anything, Liverpool are more of a feeder club to Madrid than United it would seem. :)[/quote']

Rafa tried selling Alonso last summer, sure hes had a good reason and rafa said he would like him to stay, but its hardly the same as losing the worlds best player who has scored how many goals for you in the last 2 seasons? :)

Arbeloa was leaving, if we wanted to keep him why sell him so cheap? his contract was running out so he was going to be sold regardless, if not surely he would have signed a new one well before now.

You can say Fergie wanted to sell them all you like, but the fact is when you have a player on the top of his game (Becks, Ruud, Ronny) Real Madrid come a calling and off they go :D

Guest Football8

---------Benzema-------------

-Ronaldo------Higuain/Raul----

---------Kaka------------------

---Lass--------X.Alonso-------

Arbeloa--Pepe--Albiol--Ramos

--------Casillas----------------

09/10 Season

Kind of agree on that, Robben's ability might now suffer, seen as he's not allowed to run down the wings, last season it was "past the ball to Robben" he'd run down the wing, but seen as Pellegrini plays with no wingers...

Arbeloa and and Marcelo can rotate and then I think we're getting close to the Galactico days. :)

Casillas,

Salgado, Hierro, Helguera, Roberto Carlos,

Makelele, Flavio,

Figo, Raúl, Zidane,

Ronaldo.

anyone here read the spanish papers - according to an article in one of the birmingham papers it says that some spanish reports have said liverpool have agreed a EUR16m fee for sneijder

I am in spain right now and have not heard anything like this in any sort of media, the only rumor is that he will be going to inter.

anyone here read the spanish papers - according to an article in one of the birmingham papers it says that some spanish reports have said liverpool have agreed a EUR16m fee for sneijder

I thought he was being used in the Xabi Alonso deal anyway? Or there was a rumour about it?

Yet' date=' according to reports in Italy, it seems Sneijder is very close to completing a move to Inter Milan.[/quote']

seen that too - something like EUR18m but i've tried to find the 'spanish reports' that the birmingham paper are referring to and cant find it anywhere - would have thought if real are prepared to let him go for that price they wouldnt try to put him in a deal for alonso (and i dont know why rafa wouldnt accept a £15m + sneijder type deal personally)

ps here's the link to the birmingham mail (no idea how good this paper in terms of quality)

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2009/08/01/aston-villa-make-a-play-for-real-madrid-midfielder-wesley-scheider-97319-24289810/

Guest Daragh

Really hope thats true but tbh it looks like he might be joining Inter :(

Guest Football8

Alonso will be straight cash, no point giving Sneijder, he's younger than Alonso and mights well keep him if he's being given for Alonso, so it'll be straight cash.

I heard Sneijder's going to Inter on a loan deal with an option to buy him.

Also heard VDV said he's leaving.

Guest Daragh

Alonso will be straight cash' date=' no point giving Sneijder, he's younger than Alonso and mights well keep him if he's being given for Alonso, so it'll be straight cash.

I heard Sneijder's going to Inter on a loan deal with an option to buy him.

[b']Also heard VDV said he's leaving.[/b]

Yep, looks like he will definately be leaving as he is not part of Pelligrini's plans

And at 16 million euros (13.5 million pounds) is a bargain

Here

Yep' date=' looks like he will definately be leaving as he is not part of Pelligrini's plans

And at 16 million euros (13.5 million pounds) is a bargain

Here

Not really, considering Madrid only paid €13 million for him and he has really failed to impress during his time there (even though I rate him). They'd be making a €3 million profit on him. No team should pay over £10 million for him imo.

Guest Daragh

Not really' date=' considering Madrid only paid €13 million for him and he has really failed to impress during his time there (even though I rate him). They'd be making a €3 million profit on him. No team should pay over £10 million for him imo.[/quote']

Although Real do want to get rid of him, if you look at the prices of other players, Santa Cruz, Adebayor etc, VDV is definately worth it. Yes he has failed at Real and therefor might be a risk but its definately a risk worth taking.

Guest Football8

Although Real do want to get rid of him' date=' if you look at the prices of other players, Santa Cruz, Adebayor etc, VDV is definately worth it. Yes he has failed at Real and therefor might be a risk but its definately a risk worth taking.[/quote']

Santa Cruz and Adebayor were bought by Man City, so what do you expect. :D

VDV would be good at United imo, him and Carrick in a slight diamond formation.

Alonso will be straight cash' date=' no point giving Sneijder, he's younger than Alonso and mights well keep him if he's being given for Alonso, so it'll be straight cash.[/quote']

if they have a choice of selling sneijder to inter for EUR18m and buying alonso for EUR30m or buying alonso for say EUR10m and sneijder it'd make more sense to do the latter deal

Guest Daragh

Santa Cruz and Adebayor were bought by Man City' date=' so what do you expect. :D

VDV would be good at United imo, him and Carrick in a slight diamond formation.[/quote']

I suppose but you know what I mean :P