Official Real Madrid Thread

Guest Football8

Official Real Madrid Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes, he will help Real Madrid.
    • No, he will be a flop.

Guest Daragh

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread

Think you got the wrong end of the stick :P ' date=' he plays with no wingers as in the wingers move about into other positions meaning no wingers when building up play. But the lineup shows them starting in wing positions.[/quote']

Tbh I don't care whether we get him or not (I would prefer if we did :P) as long as he moves as I'm a huge fan of his and I want to see him playing regular first team football instead of warming the bench for Ronaldo when hes finished his shift of 85+ minutes :P. Its been made clear that all Dutch players can leave, so I wouldn't believe any suggestions that he wants to stay just yet (unless he says it himself). If he wants to play regular football, then he has to leave.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread At least it was Barca tho' date=' treble winners with the worlds best attack, not like they lost like this..... [YOUTUBE']rWTaJOQaj08[/YOUTUBE]

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread Hala Madrid We taking La Decima this year

Guest Football8

Goal.com link if you want it... :rolleyes:

I'd wait to see it on the Milan/Madrid Official Site; last year Goal 'confirmed' that Benzema had moved to Manchester United for £25m...

It wasn't goal.com, it was somewhere else which is true 80% of the time.

Guest Football8

which one was it then Munt?

EDIT: actually it's in marca - Madrid's mouthpiece so possibly is true as they have people on the inside

Yeah it's Marca :P, true most of the time and 10x better the British newspapers. ;)

It's some special real madrid site which he keeps harping on about but never shown it to anyone....

yes, marca :o

really funny, search marca in google, click the translate this page button on the top link, and below the Huntelaar headline there's another:

"Robben gives pumpkins to Tottenham Hotspur" :eek: That was nice of him :o

It wasn't goal.com' date=' it was somewhere else which is true 80% of the time.[/quote']

Which rumour? Anyways, trixie Burgerstand came out with Zlatan ibrahimovic and said (as per usual :rolleyes:) that it's Madrid with everything to prove.

Which IS true, but I love how everyone from Barcelona avoids directly answering which club has the better squad, I'm completely neutral to be honest as a proud Villarreal supporter, and when you compare positions, I honestly think that Barcelona only outdo Madrid at LB, where Marcelo is a wingback, last one out Heinze was useless and Arbeloa has a lot to prove. The Messi/Ronaldo position is sort of equal, although the scale just, and only just, tips in Messi's favour.

In my opinion:

Copa Del Rey: Barcelona/Villarreal (:D)

La Liga: Real Madrid

Champion's league: Real Madrid/Barcelona/Chelsea

If Madrid somehow land Villa (best technical striker in the world imo) and a truely world class LB as in Lahm or Chiellini (showed in the Peace Cup that he's still a brilliant LB) then the treble is there's, bar a cup upset goign out on away goals to Recreativo Huelva...

Guest Football8

Which rumour? Anyways' date=' trixie Burgerstand came out with Zlatan ibrahimovic and said (as per usual :rolleyes:) that it's Madrid with everything to prove.

Which [b']IS[/b] true, but I love how everyone from Barcelona avoids directly answering which club has the better squad, I'm completely neutral to be honest as a proud Villarreal supporter, and when you compare positions, I honestly think that Barcelona only outdo Madrid at LB, where Marcelo is a wingback, last one out Heinze was useless and Arbeloa has a lot to prove. The Messi/Ronaldo position is sort of equal, although the scale just, and only just, tips in Messi's favour.

In my opinion:

Copa Del Rey: Barcelona/Villarreal (:D)

La Liga: Real Madrid

Champion's league: Real Madrid/Barcelona/Chelsea

If Madrid somehow land Villa (best technical striker in the world imo) and a truely world class LB as in Lahm or Chiellini (showed in the Peace Cup that he's still a brilliant LB) then the treble is there's, bar a cup upset goign out on away goals to Recreativo Huelva...

Villa ? :eek: Real Madrid nearly signed him but Valencia pulled out in the last minute, so the next alternative was Karim Benzema. Anyway Jorge Valdano has said that there aren't going to be any more purchases but only departures. :)

Marca is pretty decent, but Daily Star Sun, Guardian (shudder...), Goal.com, TribalFootball.com and ESPN cannot be trusted.

Guardian is good for stats, but it comes up with the worst rumours... 'Tottenham Triple Swoop for Madrid Maestros Negredo (Good-ish), Huntelaar (Bad) and Robben (Ugly)'.

Marca and BBC (1 rumour per month) are reliable, and quick to report transfers.

Marca is pretty decent' date=' but Daily Star Sun, Guardian (shudder...), Goal.com, TribalFootball.com and ESPN cannot be trusted.

Guardian is good for stats, but it comes up with the worst rumours... 'Tottenham Triple Swoop for Madrid Maestros Negredo (Good-ish), Huntelaar (Bad) and Robben (Ugly)'.

Marca and BBC (1 rumour per month) are reliable, and quick to report transfers.[/quote']

habsolutely disagree:p

Only the Sun eclipses marca

habsolutely disagree:p

Only the Sun eclipses marca

:rolleyes: Marca is pretty good now! 80% of the stuff isn't complete slobllocks, and the Sun is just wrong!

E.G. They are the ones who tipped Arsenal to make a €50m bid for Ribery. After Real were rumoured to have made a much better bid. the Sun stinks.. definitely a lot worse than Marca.

Guest Football8

Toronto FC vs Real Madrid Match Analysis

A good performance and you can see the team starting to gel together, but a bit more work needs to be done to avoid the sloppy passes and the sometimes leaky defense. The fullbacks over-lapping may not work against Barca (maybe other teams), as they play with wingers and can easily shred you apart down the flanks.

Casillas - A normal performance by Casillas, making the odd save. 8/10

Arbeloa - An average performance at best, but Sergio Ramos will replace him, which may mean Arbeloa moves across in defense. The ball into the box for the Raúl goal was sufficient enough to give him a 7.5/10.

Raul Albiol - Looked pretty solid and stable and formed a good solid partnership with Metzelder. 8/10

Metzelder - Same thing as Raul Albiol really, looked solid and didn't really catch any faults. 8/10

Drenthe - It's all going well for the new preferred LB, had another good match and supported Ronaldo well down the left, but still don't think he'll be able to perform in the big matches and isn't that stable. 8/10

Lass - Another match where he worked he's socks off, played good as usual, didn't really see a mistake from him tonight and it's going well for him. 8.5/10

Guti - The best player of the first half for me, controlled the midfield and dictated the play, was the leading midfielder for the first half and used his passing ability effectively. 9/10

Kaka - Looked good when he was on the ball, gave it away at times, although it was his first match. Was eager to drive forward, a good start for the Brazilian. 7.5/10

Ronaldo - Was involved throughout the 45 minutes, unlike other games where he was anonymous for periods. Did the odd flick and trick and made some good runs and linked up with the team. 8.5/10

Benzema - Played the full 90 minutes and played really well, linked up with the midfield a lot as he played a left-second-striker in the first half, but then moved a bit forward in the second half, occasionally linking up with the midfield. 8.5/10

Raúl - A very different performances compared to recent games, as he heavily dropped back into the midfield and linked up well with the team and got his 2 goals in the process. Was basically playing anywhere and played well. 8.5/10

Subs:

Dudek - A decent performance apart from the goal he allowed in, which he could od parried slightly in a different direction. 7.5/10

Pepe - Played well and looked solid apart from the one mistake he made. 8/10

Miguel Torres - Slightly played better than Arbeloa, linked up well with the team and switched flanks due to a substitution, which slightly limited his play. 8/10

Granero - Another good and silky performance by the youth product and is getting better and can play anywhere in the midfield, so a good player to have in your team. 8/10

Robben - Looked good since he came on, but didn't really use his dribbling ability which kind of limited his play at times, scored a good one-on-one. 8/10

Xabi Alonso - Didn't see enough of him on the ball really, made some good passes, did well settling in, considering it was his debut match. 7.5/10

Negredo - Played better than all his other pre-season matches, linked up with the midfield and also set up a goal. 8.5/10

To sum it up, a good performance by a team still pretty much gelling together and knowing what to do, Pellegrini's done a good job choosing the right tactics and with further games to play, Real Madrid should get better.

Overall Team Rating - 8/10

Apparently Alvaro Negredo is closing in on a move to Hull. What a waste of choice by Negredo if he does move. :confused:

Must be a loan :eek:

Might not be as bad a move as you think, because if he can prove he can cut it in a team that are widely tipped to struggle, it may convince a Premiership team a bit higher up in the table to take the plunge and sign him, as the interest from Spurs, Arsenal etc has been very tentative up to now.

I'm not saying Hull is the club for him, far from it, but like I say, a bit of a calculated risk, if he makes an impact on the team (like Tevez @ West ham) he'll be snapped up in the same way, if not, he goes back to Real Madrid, and probably ends up at another Spanish side, win-win if you ask me.