Official Real Madrid Thread

Guest Football8

Official Real Madrid Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes, he will help Real Madrid.
    • No, he will be a flop.

Guest Football8

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread

There's only one new defender at the back' date=' still look weak IMO, will have to wait another couple of games for the first verdict, but if you are leaking two goals against teams like Deportivo you will leak more against the bigger clubs.[/quote']

One was a set-piece header and set-piece defending needs working on.

From what i saw last night it was just a case of the players getting used to each other really. You've got a new centre back pairing with Garay and Albiol then you've got a new RB in Arbeloa. Then up front everyone except for Raul is new. It'll take at least 10 games to see if they will fully gel or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like that Madrid defeated Villareal with 2 goals to nil (few mins left). As sad as I am to admit' date=' Ronaldo sometimes does look impressive, but I will still never like him as a player and I will never think , that he should wear these shirts.[/quote']

Oh come on. He might be a bit of a prat but he's the best player in the world and noones shirt is too good for him.....

Scouted by United' date='

Produced at United,

Produces for United,

Wins for United,

Becomes the Best Player at United,

Finishes off With Madrid.

Still A legend in My Eyes and No way should he be booed like Tevez.[/quote']

Actually scouted by a whole host of clubs before Man Utd bought him inc Arsenal, NEwcastle and Liverpool

Other clubs refused the price tag funnily enough because he was so young.

Was trained and became the best at UTd, but wasnt produced there either

Scouted by United' date='

Produced at United,

Produces for United,

Wins for United,

Becomes the Best Player at United,

Finishes off With Madrid.

Still A legend in My Eyes and No way should he be booed like Tevez.[/quote']

No Barry ;)

Produced by Sporting Lisbon

Stolen by United

:P

You did aid his development but you didnt produce him !

Guest Football8

In terms of summing up the last few matches, Real Madrid have pretty much sat back in their own half and let the opposition take control and kill them on the counter, meaning the defence is solid as ever with more players back. There's a wide variety of players to choose from for the next games lineup, but some improvements could be to be able to get the ball back faster by making it 3 on 1 player and then fast, direct passing soon after through the middle with Raúl or the AM dropping deep to link with the 2 defensive midfielders (Probably Lass and Alonso) to move forward and take comfortable possession in the oppositions half. The CF seems isolated through out the matches (Higuain and Benzema) and have sometimes moved into wider and deeper positions after some time in the match, but they should do that to throughout the match.

It looks like Pepe is finally back from he's La Liga suspension so should return against Tenerife and I've also heard Alonso should be fit by then, so it should be a full strength team for the first time this season. In terms of Raúl, I think he's attempts to link between the midfield have been good, but I don't think he's got it all left from going to midfield to tapping in like he's old days, so there's maybe a possibility of playing Granero/Guti from the start. I know they are not the biggest of names you expect to start, but at the end of the day it's not the players it's the formation and tactics; whether they are correct and you have the right good decent players to fit into the tactics and drive. Guti has arguably been one of the top 3 midfielders so far this season and Granero looks a good player and can only get better the more he plays and gains experience.

RE: THE BACK FOUR so far this season

Hoping for a little insight on how the back-four are gelling and playing so far this year. I'm particularly interested in Albiol, but would appreciate an opinion on all of the defenders. Maybe someone with a bit of insight can rate them so far. Despite them being on tv all of the time, I have yet to watch a league match....:o I did manage to watch parts of the Zurich CL match, but it was hard to take anything away from it. Seemed like most of Madrid checked out mentally after it went 3-0..

Also, is the plan to put Lass on the back-line from time-to-time ?

Anyway curious of your thoughts on the D so far this season... and how you see it looking going forward.

Any help is appreciated....

Guest Football8

RE: THE BACK FOUR so far this season

Hoping for a little insight on how the back-four are gelling and playing so far this year. I'm particularly interested in Albiol' date=' but would appreciate an opinion on all of the defenders. Maybe someone with a bit of insight can rate them so far. Despite them being on tv all of the time, I have yet to watch a league match....:o I did manage to watch parts of the Zurich CL match, but it was hard to take anything away from it. Seemed like most of Madrid checked out mentally after it went 3-0..

Also, is the plan to put [b']Lass[/b] on the back-line from time-to-time ?

Anyway curious of your thoughts on the D so far this season... and how you see it looking going forward.

Any help is appreciated....

Ever since the start of the season the defending has been great, especially after the first league match where no goals have been conceded (well against Zurich was a pen and other was a set-piece) so none from direct play after the Deportivo game. Metzelder, Garay, Raul Albiol all look solid and Albiol looks like a defending leader already and like he's been at it for years. Pepe should be coming back this Saturday to complete the possibly preferred back 4 of Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Raul Albiol and Marcelo. Lass played at RB due to a last minute problem for Garay last match and Sergio Ramos moved central next to Raul Albiol. So he might play there if Garay get's another problem again. Metzelder is currently injured for a few weeks. It's not just the defenders defending this season as the 2 defensive mids (Alonso and Lass most times) usually help out was well so it's a solid, packed defense. The fullbacks have an important role to provide width most of the times whilst Ronaldo and Kaká explore the pitch (Ronaldo starts from the left) meaning Alonso and Lass perform their DM duty sitting back and occasionally moving forward with the team. In terms of SM ratings, I wouldn't be surprised the way the defense is going everyone (Pepe 94, Raul Albiol 93/94, Marcelo 91/92) goes up bar Sergio Ramos who could possibly go back to his original rating of 95 through exceptional performances. Those who criticised Marcelo of not being a good "defender" well he's shown both defensive and attacking abilities so far this season.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Football8

Typical Real allowing a midget to score a header :P:rolleyes:

It was midget vs midget, Navas got ahead of Marcelo and Navas has looked good the first half. Real Madrid have looked half asleep as usual and can't string 3 passes together, Guti's doing the complete opposite to he's speciality; he's passings horrid tonight. Real Madrid are relying on counter attacks but Sevilla are fully aware of that and defend really well with around the whole team in the box. Sevilla have taken possession in every corner tbh and aren't allowing anything from Real Madrid who basically got outplayed this first half. Whenever Real Madrid have attacked it's under pressure and the players look like they have to go to the toilet, that's how they are with the ball. No calmness and fluency at all. A horrid half. Hopefully Pellegrini will sort something out for the second half.

It was midget vs midget' date=' Navas got ahead of Marcelo and Navas has looked good the first half. Real Madrid have looked half asleep as usual and can't string 3 passes together, Guti's doing the complete opposite to he's speciality; he's passings horrid tonight. Real Madrid are relying on counter attacks but Sevilla are fully aware of that and defend really well with around the whole team in the box. Sevilla have taken possession in every corner tbh and aren't allowing anything from Real Madrid who basically got outplayed this first half. Whenever Real Madrid have attacked it's under pressure and the players look like they have to go to the toilet, that's how they are with the ball. No calmness and fluency at all. A horrid half. Hopefully Pellegrini will sort something out for the second half.[/quote']

I'm not actually watching the game just commenting !

Good luck anyway ! How did sevilla line up ? :confused: