• Yes, he will help Real Madrid.
    • No, he will be a flop.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread At least it was Barca tho' date=' treble winners with the worlds best attack, not like they lost like this..... [YOUTUBE']rWTaJOQaj08[/YOUTUBE]

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread Hala Madrid We taking La Decima this year

Lovely tackles... C. Ronaldo is really trying! I haven't seen him do that for... well, ever! I actually think of him MUCH better after his trasnfer. Looks like he finally matured a bit.

First glance - penalty. After replays, probably, still penalty. GK took Higuain first, if I'm not mistaken.

What a terrible challenge from Keita :mad: That was supposed to be a straight red! This referee....

There goes 1 brilliant play from Gago. We'll have to wait for another for about 360 minutes.

One of my favourite players too' date=' such bad timing for him to pick up an injury.[/quote']

Couldn't agree more. He's finally performing, getting game time and now - this. We've just got to hope it is nothing serious and he'll play for both Madrid and Holland.

He'll be fine. It was never a yellow card' date=' if you cant challenge for a 50/50 ball like that then they may aswell ban going into the box.[/quote']

All would be fair except that he never touched the ball and went straight for gk. At least that's what I think.

In the end, only 2-0. I have to say that I've been amazed how the way Madrid played today, but there were things too. Off to watch how Tenerife will hold Barcelona now :o (Bojan started the game).

I will probably write a short season review for all of Madrid's players so far...

Edit:

DARN LUCKY BARCA :mad:

Now to one on ones Tenerife already missed...

3 great chances already in just under 8 minutes! Comon!

Tenerife are completely outplaying Barca, but Valdes (something is wrong with him) is saving his team. 6 great chances for Tenerife and only 1 for Barca :eek:

Still no news about van der Vaart' date=' which is a signal, that it might be serious. I'm also not sure if anything happened to Xabi yesterday, but it looked as it wasn't something serious.[/quote']

He has been great recently. If he weren't injured it would have been interesting to see if he was continuing to get some starts by Pellegrini (Kaka is as you know back from injury).

Real Madrid's Medical Staff has determined Rafael van der Vaart has a strain on his left calf muscle. The Dutchman had to be replaced by Esteban Granero in the 21st minute of the clash with Mallorca. Xabi Alonso was replaced by Guit on the 83-minute mark due to suffering from a bruise on his left fibula.

He has been great recently. If he weren't injured it would have been interesting to see if he was continuing to get some starts by Pellegrini (Kaka is as you know back from injury).

Well' date=' they both started this Sunday, so they definitely can play together. However, I'd rather see van der Vaart playing, because Kaka hasn't impressed me too much this season.

Real Madrid's Medical Staff has determined Rafael van der Vaart has a strain on his left calf muscle. The Dutchman had to be replaced by Esteban Granero in the 21st minute of the clash with Mallorca. Xabi Alonso was replaced by Guit on the 83-minute mark due to suffering from a bruise on his left fibula.

Ouch... :(

Well' date=' they both started this Sunday, so they definitely can play together. However, I'd rather see van der Vaart playing, because Kaka hasn't impressed me too much this season.

Ouch... :([/quote']

Was this more from necessity than preference though Tom? With the Diarra's being out, there wasn't much choice otherwise. I still like Van der Vaart as a player, but I fear with all the attacking players at Pellegrini's disposal, he will always be the first name out of the team when everyone is fit. Maybe I'm reading it incorrectly, but having both Kaka and VDV as well as Ronaldo and Higuain may possibly be too attacking, especially against opposition which can hurt you.

As for the injury, that could be good news relatively speaking and it could have been much worse, considering the ground conditions yesterday :)

[/quote']

Yeah I agree with you there. But Perez payed so much money for Kaka so I doubt he'll be benched by Pellegrini. A player like Garay has been playing better than Albiol this season aswell in my opinion. Also they've been benching Benzema recently which in my opinion and many others is the thing to do. You can't hold a player like Higuain on the bench in favour of Benzema, who hasn't been living up to the expectations.

Was this more from necessity than preference though Tom? With the Diarra's being out' date=' there wasn't much choice otherwise. I still like Van der Vaart as a player, but I fear with all the attacking players at Pellegrini's disposal, he will always be the first name out of the team when everyone is fit. Maybe I'm reading it incorrectly, but having both Kaka and VDV as well as Ronaldo and Higuain may possibly be too attacking, especially against opposition which can hurt you.

As for the injury, that could be good news relatively speaking and it could have been much worse, considering the ground conditions yesterday :)[/quote']

Well, yes, there's truth in that. However, what I do like in Pellegrini, that he doesn't just look at reputation and he plays those people, who are in form. This little thing means that if van der Vaart plays better than those in the First XI, he can get in and as I've mentioned before, Kaka hasn't been all that impressive, especially considering his price tag. However, I guess we will not see what happens now for a while.

As with the 2nd point, you're 100% correct. It's better to look from the bright side of life.

Yeah I agree with you there. But Perez payed so much money for Kaka so I doubt he'll be benched by Pellegrini. A player like Garay has been playing better than Albiol this season aswell in my opinion. Also they've been benching Benzema recently which in my opinion and many others is the thing to do. You can't hold a player like Higuain on the bench in favour of Benzema' date=' who hasn't been living up to the expectations.[/quote']

My thoughts exactly about Benzema. Overhyped, overpriced, although, to his credit, I'd have to say he has been giving a lot of effort in and if can he become less selfish, I can see him having a future. As for Kaka, it looks as Perez has learnt from his mistakes (well, some of them at least) and he's not interfering as much (not to mention he hasn't sacked Pellegrini yet, so if Pellegrini will decided to bench Kaka, I can see that happening. Of course, i don't mean all of the games as you still got to market the face, but I mean the important ones, which would be really deciding the season.

Guest Football8

Benzema can easily start, but is being used as an impact sub to get goals and perform and then he will be able to cement a starting place. The following is arguably the best lineup.

-----------------Casillas

Sergio Ramos Pepe Raul Albiol Arbeloa

----------------Lass

--------------------Alonso

------------------Kaka

Ronaldo-------------------- Benzema

------------------Higuain

Benzema can easily start' date=' but is being used as an impact sub to get goals and perform and then he will be able to cement a starting place. The following is arguably the best lineup.

-----------------Casillas

Sergio Ramos Pepe Raul Albiol Arbeloa

----------------Lass

--------------------Alonso

------------------Kaka

Ronaldo-------------------- Benzema

------------------Higuain[/quote']

I prefer the current Formation Madrid use:

4-2-3-1

Casillas - Sergio Ramos, Raul Albiol, Pepe/Garay, Arbeloa - Lass, Xabi Alonso - Ronaldo, Kaka/VDV, Marcelo/Benzema - Higuain.

Guest Football8

I prefer the current Formation Madrid use:

4-2-3-1

Casillas - Sergio Ramos' date=' Raul Albiol, Pepe/Garay, Arbeloa - Lass, Xabi Alonso - Ronaldo, Kaka/VDV, Marcelo/Benzema - Higuain.[/quote']

Same thing basically but just Ronaldo and Benzema a bit higher up the pitch.

Mid season Review and a quick guide of Real Madrid players

Who's hot and who's not

Goalkeepers

Iker Casillas is a living legend already in Santiago Bernabeu. A product of Madrid's cantera,widely regarded as one of the best in his position, youngest ever goalkeeper in Champions League final is one of the fans favourites. This season, as usual, he has been quiet consistent and superb. Even though his aerial ability isn't very good and he does have his occasional blips, he constantly saves his team. He started all 17 games this season and easily the best in his position in the team.

kbyplumdrVM

Rating: 9/10

Jerzy Dudek before leaving Liverpool declared that he's living it because he wants first team football. However, he changed his mind and went for sunny weather, beautiful beaches, lovely segnoritas and huge wage packet instead. He hasn't played too much this season (well, he played very little with Madrid shirt at all), but he performed quite well. If it wasn't for him, Alcoron would have won by more than 4 goals and I am not kidding. I rate him as a almost a perfect back-up, even though he's stopping progress of Adan.

Rating: 6.5/10

Antonio Adan another goalkeeper product from Cantera of Madrid. For a long time he has been hailed as the natural successor to Casillas, but as of today, he has yet to take even the back-up role. However, I still hold him in a very high regard and I still believe he can make it (I think him, Asenjo and De Gea are the future contenders for the place in national team). Few of the main attributes for goalkeepers are confidence and experience and both could be gain by going for a loan to a smaller club, but that didn't happen (and probably will not happen in the future,unless someone is reading this). He has been a great goalkeeper for Castilla and played in pre-season friendlies, so that indicates that he should still have a future.

Rating: 6/10

Defenders

Alvaro Arbeloa is just another Madrid youth product, who returns to his first club after relaxing overseas. However, this summer he decided that it was to comeback to his home and so he did. Furthermore, he became the best buy of the summer - few million and superb displays. He has been quite solid in the back (barring few games) and recently he finally started to look threatening when going forward. A complete bargain.

arbeloa.jpg

Rating: 7.5/10

Pepe right now is probably more known for his incident with Getafe rather than because he's a good defender. Until then known as a humble, hard working person, he destroyed his reputation for going postal in a field and earning a lengthy ban for that (He even considered retirement). However, all of that is in the past now and he's back in to the starting Madrid line-up. Even though he's back, he's not as comfortable as last season (possibly due to the lack of confidence or mental problems). Still, he's a starter and he's a good defender and as it is said: class is permanent, form is temporary.

Rating: 6.5

Sergio Ramos has come to Madrid from Sevilla at a very young age with a huge transfer fee. However, he bursted into life and became one of the promising RB's (even one of the best at that time) and he reached his top of the form at Euro 2008. However, right after it his form dipped and he had a horrible season. This season he is back to being a quality right back. Ramos hasn't been as goo as Euro 08, but he's showing good signs and he's much more of a threat attacking now while still remembering to come defend. However, I still think that he's much better when playing as a CB.

Rating: 7.5

Ezequiel Garay was supposed to be the next big thing at Barcelona, but he ended at Madrid instead. While argentinians usually are known for their superb attacking qualities, this one has not just them, but he can defend too. Superb shot power, good dead ball deliveries and solid defence - this is what Garay is known far. When summer start, he, probably wasn't all that happy with the new Perez project, but worked hard and played well to get himself in the rotation sheet. He'd have an even better rating, but his lack of appearances got him a bit down.

Rating: 7.0

Christoph Metzelder wasn't as lucky as Garay, though. While both are superb players, german isn't quite the first name in the team sheet. While I personally rate him as a great defender, he's not the most suitable for La Liga (and he still performs quite well) as La Liga is more about pace and technique and let's admit - Metzelder is no Puyol or even Fazio. He didn't exactly got too many chances this season, however, wasn't much worse than his CB counterparts.

Rating: 6.0

Very rarely you can find a brazilian who is better at defending than attacking and Marcelo fits perfectly into this bracket. While he was brought as a replacement to one of the best LB's this decade (if not the best), he never looked as solid as Roberto Carlos. First season, however, was superb brazilian and he was hailed as a heir. However, without tutoring and solid defence he was constantly exploited and it looked as his career at Madrid was all but over. Except it wasn't. This season he performed much better defencively, however, now he usually plays as a winger. He already scores some superb goals with his left foot and he looks much better under Pellegrini than he has looked meanwhile. If he continues like that he will probably cement his first XI spot for a while as he already is Madrid player who starts the most games (barring Saint Iker) and already has 16 La Liga starts and 5 CL starts.

BUKoMHFut10

Rating: 8.0

Drenthe, just like Marcelo, was supposed to be a superb LB for the new generation of Madrid. However, when scouts just pretty much take the best player from the youth tournament without analyzing him too much, you get exactly what you've got here. Even though Drenthe is a great player, he didn't have much luck due to the fact that he isn't good enough for the 1st team neither as a winger, nor as LB. Players need matches in order to progress and Drenthe simply doesn't go those (a lot of them anyways). He's a good player and did look threatening when he came on, but he's not good enough defencively for a team like Madrid and Madrid's offence is a bit too much. He should be either sold or loaned, because now a talent like his just sits around and that's a shame.

Rating: 5.5

Midfielders

Fernando Gago, while still in Argentina, was touted to be the next big thing. Right after he wan transferred to Madrid, he was touted the next Redondo. However, that was never meant to be. While his first season under Capello was very good and he showed lots of potential, his performances went from good to bad and then to worse. While I don't doubt that he has lots of talent, he's not showing any for the last year and half. This season hasn't been exception - he has looked bad in all games, except, maybe, Mallorca where he looked decent at best. If he's to achieve something, it will probably happen outside Santiago Bernabeu.

Gago_ampliada.jpg

Rating: 3.5

Mahamadou Diarra is yet another DM sitting mainly on the bench, albeit due to other reasons. Diarra, like most of african footballers, is very strong physically and when he's on the field, you can usually feel his presence. However, with Pellegrini, he doesn't fit as well as he used to as Madrid now mainly play fast paced football and almost all of the players have good technique (even the destroyers). There are times when it just feels that he's too slow and I haven't been to impressed with him this season.

Rating: 5.5

When Kaka transfered to Real Madrid in the summer, it was the first sign that Neo Galacticos are back. Huge fee for a former Ballon d'Or winner he was great both on and off the pitch seemed like a reasonable thing to do. While looking from just marketing side, it's a superb deal, football is more than business. One of the main things that should've been taken into account that Kaka's form has been down for a quite long period and he became quite injury prone. Over summer, nothing changed. Kaka is still that very classy player capable of magic, but he's no longer one of THE best in the world and in my eyes (as much as it hurts to say) he flopped for that price. However, I do believe that he can still turn the season around.

kaka5.thumbnail.

Cristiano Ronaldo became the most expensive ever this summer, when he left Manchester United for Spanish giants Real Madrid. A former Ballon d'Or winner had a huge job to do in order to not be a called most expensive flop ever. It seems as he is on the right track now. While I personally always hated in MU (and in the start of RM too) right now I'm pretty neutral on him. He matured a whole lot in Madrid, started to play team football (or somewhere near that), started to not play for only himself, but for the team too. It looks like he even cares a bit for the team, which I've never seen before. While I initially thought that his transfer would be a terrible move, it turned out much better than that of Kaka's. So far, quite good on his first season and should improve while the time passes.

Rating: 8.5

2282584_0.jpg

There have been quite a lot of eyebrows raised, when in the December of 2008, Lassana Diarra was signed for huge sum from Portsmouth. Even more eyebrows were raised when he was included into CL squad instead of Huntelaar. However, they were quickly down as the new so called "Lass" quickly established himself as first team player in the squad. In fact, he was so good, that the initial tag was quickly tagged a bargain and that he become one of the best players of the season, despite playing only half it. This season Lass started in the same fashion and he continues to breakdown all of the oppositions, while contributing to offence too. Superb player and a superb signing.

Rating: 9.0

Guti Hernandez was undoubtedly one of the most talented players ever to come out of Madrid's cantera. However, his talent didn't quite match his work rate, he quickly established as one of the favourites in Real Madrid. During the first reign of Galacticos, Guti could have been absolutely brilliant in one game and then be anonymous in the next. Well, absolutely nothing has changed even up till now. He started season quite well and was even played a lot at the start of the season, however, yelling at Casillas and falling out with Pellegrini didn't do him any favours. Guti had both good and bad games, so it's very hard to give him an exact rating, but I think I did one who is just.

Rating: 6.0

Xabi Alonso transfer saga was probably the longest one, maybe apart from Villa's. Initially, deemed surplus requirements at Anfield by Benitez, so he went on to surprise everyone and have one of the best seasons in his career, which earned him a big money move to Real Madrid. While initially he was supposed to be Madrid's own Xavi, he hasn't quite emulated the Barca youth product. While he has been improving game constantly from the start of the season, he hasn't nowhere near as good as he was in Liverpool. However, he's starting to become an integral part of Madrid's starting XI and I think that after a bit more time (possibly next season), when has fully adapted, he should show his true colours.

At the summer of 08, Calderon was desperately trying to hold on to his chair when he failed to keep his promises,so he targeted C. Ronaldo as his main target. Well, we all know that story, so no point writing it all now. In the end, disappointed Calderon wanted to sign any big name, whether he would fit or not, thus he signed soon-to-be-out-of contract Rafael Ferdinand van der Vaart. While midfielder had a superb start to his career, he quickly found himself being surplus to requirements at Santiago Bernabeu. His all time career was reached this summer, when he even found himself without a squad number for the season (he was being forced out along with others). However, no clubs were willing to pay the price Madrid wanted, so Rafael stayed. My my, how the regime is happy now that haven't sold him. He has put a lot of superb performances and has been superb until the injury. If keeps up this form, Holland will have very good chances in the summer.

Van_der_Vaart_as.jpg

Rating: 7.5

Esteban Granero was a great Castilla player, but he wasn't exactly an All-star player, so the Pirate has been shipped to Getafe. However, he was soo good there that Madrid decided to use their buy-back clause and get the Pirate back. He impressed right away and he had an amazing pre-season and a great start to the season too. However, when all-stars came back, his role went down a bit, but he's still an important player and he should have a future and he should be able to fit into all this all-star Madrid.

Forwards

Raul is a current captain and a legend of Real Madrid. This man needs no presentation - he has already made his name for himself. A model professional both on and off the field (even though he can be selfish some times), he's a role model for almost any forward. However, it's probably time he should retire. He hasn't contributed this season almost anything (barring few goals) and he isn't that worthy even as a sub. IMO, he shouldn't play now, because he's just destroying the image he has created all these years.

Rating: 5.0

Karim Benzema has been one of the main engines for Lyon for a few years. A life-long Madrid fan finally earnt a move to his dream club and even kissed it's badge on the presentation. However, the dream quickly ended and he found himself in the harsh reality. Unable to perform above level, he found himself on the bench. However, lately he has started to adjust a bit and he adapted himself to Real style of play, but that's still not enough for him to get himself into the starting sheet. Still, with Higuain out for 3 weeks, we'll probably if he has a future or not.

Rating: 6.5

Ruud van Nistelrooy is just another Manchester United player, who decided that Real Madrid would be a better choice for his career. Ever prolific, ever scoring, ever green. Even though injury prone, he was still a good buy for Madrid. This season, however, due to the amazing star ridden lineup, he was going to have some problems. Still, first time he came on 78th minute, he got 1 shot and scored right away (even though he got injured). It's a tribute to his status already and Madrid can only hope that he'll overcome the injury soon.

Van_Nistelrooy_Madrid.jpg

Rating: N/A

Gonzalo Higuain wasn't an exact Galactico when he 1st arrived. 19 year old didn't have a huge name like Gago did, but he a good attitude, good work ethics and some talent. Slowly, but firmly, he started to get into the supporters hearts. At first, he started building his reputation as a superb-sub, but he exploded in 2008/2009 season becoming Madrid's leader. Probably the summer of 2009 wasn't very happy and he was supposed to become a bench warmer. At first he even was, but he soon proved that he was better than both Benzema and Raul and soon becoming a firm Starting XI member. Furthermore, he also got a habit of scoring wondergoals the last 2 seasons and this season he's the leading scorer (14) with the best goal/shot (14/52) ratio (except for Nistelrooy, who played 2 games).

r3F9vmt7Okk

GO5qDFhnWTg&feature=related

Rating: 9.0

Best players so far are Gonzalo Higuain, Lassana Diarra and Iker Casillas.

Following physical exploration and a magnetic resonance at Sanitas La Moraleja Hospital this morning, the Medical Staff has determined Gonzalo Higuain is injured with a grade I-II fibrilar tear on the left femoral biceps. The player will miss three weeks. :(:(:(:(:mad:

Following physical exploration and a magnetic resonance at Sanitas La Moraleja Hospital this morning' date=' the Medical Staff has determined Gonzalo Higuain is injured with a grade I-II fibrilar tear on the left femoral biceps. The player will miss three weeks. :(:(:(:(:mad:[/quote']

These are some bad news..

Let's just hope that Benzema/Nistelrooy/Raul will manage to step into his shoes for a bit.

Young Racing Santander midfielder Sergio Canales' future has been discussed more than once in the past couple of days, but it seems as if a decision has now been made about the 18-year-old's next career move.

According to several reports from Spain, Real Madrid have won the race for the youngster's signature. Los Blancos will reportedly pay a fee of €10 million for Canales.

The transfer fee will be divided between Racing Santander and Deportivo la Coruna, who own 50% each of the player's rights. The deal is likely to be completed by the end of this week.

Real Madrid are expected to farm Canales out on loan back to Racing Santander straight away in order to let the highly rated midfielder gain more valuable first team experience.

Barcelona, Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester City were all believed to be keen on signing Canales as well, but the young midfielder has opted to head for the Bernabeu instead.

http://goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2010/01/14/1744507/real-madrid-closing-in-on-racing-santander-starlet-sergio :D

why's that? did he join retirement home AC Milan? :rolleyes:

We don't need any' date=' our retirement home is full:

[img']http://www.beavisandbutthead.net/images/AABF02.jpg[/img]

Kaka and VdV are already capable of playing at Canales current position and both VdV and Kaka isn't that old, so Canales won't be a regular for Real in the next couple of years and by that I mean like 4-5!

We don't need any' date=' our retirement home is full:

[img']http://www.beavisandbutthead.net/images/AABF02.jpg[/img]

Kaka and VdV are already capable of playing at Canales current position and both VdV and Kaka isn't that old, so Canales won't be a regular for Real in the next couple of years and by that I mean like 4-5!

haha, he is an 18 year old, he will no doubt get games.. Granero is a winger/AM and has to compete with Ronaldo, VDV, Benzema and Marcelo...yet he has got 14 games so far and played really well. Madrid have started developing some great players which they buy at a young age.. look at Gonzalo Higuain he was signed as a 19 year old and had to compete with Reyes, Van Nistelrooy, Raul... yet look how good a player he's become... ;)

haha' date=' he is an 18 year old, he will no doubt get games.. Granero is a winger/AM and has to compete with Ronaldo, VDV, Benzema and Marcelo...yet he has got 14 games so far and played really well. Madrid have started developing some great players which they buy at a young age.. look at Gonzalo Higuain he was signed as a 19 year old and had to compete with Reyes, Van Nistelrooy, Raul... yet look how good a player he's become... ;)[/quote']

Yeah I see you got a point there, but still, wouldn't it be better if he joins a team like Sevilla/Villarreal instead?...

Yeah I see you got a point there' date=' but still, wouldn't it be better if he joins a team like Sevilla/Villarreal instead?...[/quote']

Sevilla? Villereal? he would be in the same position competing with stars...

Sevilla? Villereal? he would be in the same position competing with stars...

Sevilla has Renato there who in my opinion isn't so good the matches I've seen of Sevilla.

Villarreal has none there beacuse they play 4-4-2 with no real AM, so he don't have so much comepetition there.

IMO he should join Sevilla, they're very good at handle with youths and make them succeed....