• Yes, he will help Real Madrid.
    • No, he will be a flop.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread At least it was Barca tho' date=' treble winners with the worlds best attack, not like they lost like this..... [YOUTUBE']rWTaJOQaj08[/YOUTUBE]

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread Hala Madrid We taking La Decima this year

Bdw' date=' it seems Ruben de la Red can never play football again. Very sad. :([/quote']

I know, I read about it, Madrid will pay him compensation though to make up for it.. he was such a great player too! and a homegrown one!

Thats a shame:( I first saw him playing against Greece at Euro '08 when he scored that bullet shot. Great player had to retire at 24:eek:.

yea, he suffered heart problems which began when he fainted against Real Union in the Copa Del Rey last season.. :(

His compensation will be peanuts compared to what he was earning.

doesn't really matter, main point is it's a really sad thing as soon as he starts to get first team football and scores wonder goals, playing regularly he fainted against Union and it was said to be a small thing, until one month later it was announced he had a heart disability and may have to retire :( which is what has happened now!

What I really like about Madrid, that they could've signed a pre-contract with Canales and he would have joined them for free this summer. However, instead, they actually compensate Racing with 10m. IMO, a lot of clubs could learn from that instead of just poaching youngsters for free. Kudos for this move.

As for de la Red, I'm devastated. He was an amazing talent and had all the talent and the attributes to become one of the best box to box midfielders (maybe even more.). I've actually put some tears because of this - he's one of my favourite Madrid players and it's really sad to see this. However, call me naive, but I still believe he can make it back, but only if he'd be fully healthy. There has been enough of all these accidents and the good thing as the he survived unlike some others.

pjE_6k3_8W4

Canales. Wow. The kid looks like the new Iniesta... :eek:

The €10m pricetag that's been doing the rounds will be an absolute steal in the long run.

Totally agreed. From what I've seen so far from this kid, well, daaaaaaang.

On another note, van der Vaart will probably miss out the whole January, but should be able at February.

Guest Football8

M. Diarra is the most likely one to leave out of them..

Same, he's older than the 2, although I wouldn't mind if VDV left either and a youth team player moved into the Senior squad.

If Canales is to arrive then one of Diarra/Gago/VDV will have to be sold.

M. Diarra was a good player, but he doesn't fit the current formation and tactics very well and there's no point in ruining someones career, so it would best for everyone if he'd left.

Gago has kind of been a waste of space and it would probably beneficial for both if he left. I doubt he'd have a future here.

As for van der Vaart, selling him now would be a terrible idea, especially after his last performances. He has been better than Kaka so far and performed very well before the injury and he perfectly fits into the Hole. IMO, one of the last trequartistas in the game right now. A perfect combination as long as both parties try.

M.Diarra should leave' date=' he has no chance of breaking into the starting line up with lass in such good form[/quote']

While I agree with this statement, what happens if Lass gets injured? Squad depth is one of the most important things in football, however, the worst thing is that Diarra doesn't have enough of technique and that's he's a bit too slow. He'd be a drag (just like Raul is right now sometimes) as he'd slow the play and Madrid would probably lose that cutting edge, fast paced football.

While I agree with this statement' date=' what happens if Lass gets injured? Squad depth is one of the most important things in football, however, the worst thing is that Diarra doesn't have enough of technique and that's he's a bit too slow. He'd be a drag (just like Raul is right now sometimes) as he'd slow the play and Madrid would probably lose that cutting edge, fast paced football.[/quote']

yeah squad depth is important but i do not think diarra would be happy sitting in the bench. real should get a younger dm to cover lass. and real's fast paced football has been entertaining to watch this season thanks to ronaldo, van der vart, marcelo and higuain. and when raul comes in as a sub, the spark sort of goes out

Not a very good day :(

Barca fully deserved to win and if not for Palop, it could've been much more. Once again I saw that Xavi and Iniesta are geniuses who are a class above everyone else (yes, including Messi and Cristiano). It's unbelievable that they can to what they do. The only good thing for that me for me to take was that I've seen my favourite lithuanian player (he's the best now too) playing for Sevilla against the strongest team in the world.

Elite players, elite divers too. I haven't seen that many dives for a while now. The most ironical part was when Palop blocked the ball with his body way outside the box and Henry raised his hand saying he did a handball - I've lost almost any respect I still had for that cheat (Barca destroyed Henry). However, I do have to say that referee had an amazing. I'd give him a 10 as I didn't saw any bad calls - a perfect game.

On to Madrid now. I don't care how much money we've payed for Kaka, but he has to be on the bench now. Granero, van der Vaart have been much better and Kaka only slows down the game (especially today). While I've seen almost everyone being able to create something special, Kaka has lost it. Who can you miss from 6m with that pass?! Maybe he's out of form, maybe he didn't adapt, but he has to be benched. While midfield worker quite well and I liked the flow of the game, the finishing was horrendous (not taking anything from Palop, who was outstanding today). Basques completely locked down the play and managed to block almost everything that came against them and if they didn't, Madrid couldn't finish.

Benzema once again has been very selfish and he along with Kaka should be benched. I'd much rather see van Nistelrooy playing who at least can put the ball back into the net. Cristiano had a lot of flair and was threatening today, but towards the end you could see that Bilbao managed to frustrate him very badly. He forgot about teammates and good ol' Ronaldo ala MU cameback who's only purpose was to hit the ball somewhere near the goal. Furthermore, the tackling of Bilbao.. I thought this was the game of football, not a manslaughter?

However, there have been some positive points - Alonso had a pretty nice game and finally his long deliveries were accurate. Diarra didn't had the best of games, but he still was efficient and I can't rant about him. What I also liked that the team was determined and even until the very end I thought that something could happen. This team at least had some character in them at tried to salvage something (however, the quality up front was terrible).

In conclusion, I've enjoyed the game a lot and it was entertaining for me (yes, even some of the Basque stuff), but Higuain and van der Vaart were solely missed. I still think that Madrid is going to the right direction and if Pellegrini will be given some time, he can make this team a juggernaut.

Not a very good day :(

Barca fully deserved to win and if not for Palop' date=' it could've been much more. Once again I saw that Xavi and Iniesta are geniuses who are a class above everyone else (yes, including Messi and Cristiano). It's unbelievable that they can to what they do.[/quote']

you are right, that xavi-iniesta partnership has conquered almost everything(Euro 2008,6 trophies in 2009) and they are of a different class. Look at how messi struggles for argentina without xavi behind him. In sm, xavi deserves a 98 and iniesta a 97 while messi should be no more than 97. if spain win the world cup xavi and iniesta would have conquered everything. and real really missed higuain yesterday and after performances like this, if kaka holds on to his 97, it would be an utter travesty