Official Real Madrid Thread

Guest Football8

Official Real Madrid Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes, he will help Real Madrid.
    • No, he will be a flop.

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread

Real Madrid Castilla 5-2 Racing B

After an even start, Rodrigo put the Whites ahead on 39' by knocking a rebound into the back of the net. Racing equalized on 49' with a superb goal by Pablo Sarabia, but Gary put Castilla ahead 16 minutes later with a header. Mosquera fired home the third for the Whites on 73' and Gonzalo answered on 78' to keep Racing alive. With three minutes to play, Samu finished off a counterattack and generously assisted Juanfran, who put the nail in the coffin.

STARTING ELEVEN:

5 - R.M Castilla: Adan; Velayos, Nacho, Gary, Marcos Alonso; Fran Rico, Mosquera, Luis Hernandez, Sarabia; Cristian, Rodrigo.

2 - Racing B: Pablo; Gonzalo, Borja, Nando, Juanlu; Espolita, Guiti, Juan, Roberto; Reyes, Eusebio.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread At least it was Barca tho' date=' treble winners with the worlds best attack, not like they lost like this..... [YOUTUBE']rWTaJOQaj08[/YOUTUBE]

Re: Official Real Madrid Thread Hala Madrid We taking La Decima this year

RE: Daniel Opare

I just wanted to ask about one of the Academy players.... Daniel Opare.

I've read the same big promise things that everyone else has. I watched him play in the U20s this fall. He saw some time once Ghana had already locked in advancing past the group stages. From the one game I saw him (Uruguay I think...) he played okay...not good...not great.

Has he played any Academy matches this season? I went through the various Castilla matches on the Madrid website and didn't see his name listed, but I don't see the matches so I could be wrong...

Just curious what's going on w him and his development.

Thx in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, today wasn't the best of matches, but it wasn't a bad one as well. To be honest, 3-1 is a very lucky result for Deportivo as they were badly dominated and their only goal came from a (let's say) very questionable decision.

I've been really impressed with Xabi today. He was outstanding and ,IMO, man of the match.

Granero has been superb in the 1st half, but somewhat faded out in the 2nd.

Guti was almost as good as Xabi. His assists was sublime and he was a danger through-out the whole game. Furthermore, he worked hard today (well, hard with his standards) and if he'd continue to perform like this, I'm sure he'd be a starter.

Benzema had probably the best game in Madrid shirt, but he should've had much more than those 2 goals (both were quite lucky as the 1st one was solely created by Guti and Aranzubia should've done better for the 2nd). However, if he can build up on this performance, he may have a future after all.

I've particularly enjoyed Ramos/Albiol duo. They looked very solid and were a joy to behold. As I've said countless times before, Ramos looks MUCH better when he plays as a CB - he's a solid rock. I don't rate his offencive skills that high, but he's almost a perfect CB.

All in all, not a bad performance and you can see that Pellegrini is definitely doing his homework.

It was your first win at Riazor for 19 years!

Meh, stuff happens :rolleyes:

As for today, well, superb game.

Again, I was very impressed by Alonso (A bit worse performance than the last time),Granero and S. Ramos. I'd say these 3 were the best performers of the night, however, almost everyone played well. Raul looked very sharp today and was just a bit unlucky, Guti worked hard and produced lots of good stuff, but nowhere near as good as the last time, Kaka is finally playing some good football, but still far from repaying his price. Benzema was OK and he tried hard, but he's returning to himself in Madrid again. Whole defence was quite solid and the flow was quite good through-out the whole game. It was awesome to finally see Diarra, Higuain and van der Vaart on the field...

And, boy they didn't dissapoint! The best moment in the game when we've seen van der Vaart -> Pipita combo... The kid just can not score normal striker goals.. He just has to do something out of this world :o Show-off :rolleyes:

That episode was for all those people who said van der Vaart wasn't good enough for Madrid and to those who said that Higuain isn't one of the Top 5 strikers in the world. Simply amazing...

P.s. I hope that some people will eat their words that Kameni isn't good enough for the Top 4 in England or for Barcelona. Very, VERY underrated keeper.

Meh' date=' stuff happens :rolleyes:

As for today, well, superb game.

Again, I was very impressed by Alonso (A bit worse performance than the last time),Granero and S. Ramos. I'd say these 3 were the best performers of the night, however, almost everyone played well. Raul looked very sharp today and was just a bit unlucky, Guti worked hard and produced lots of good stuff, but nowhere near as good as the last time, Kaka is finally playing some good football, but still far from repaying his price. Benzema was OK and he tried hard, but he's returning to himself in Madrid again. Whole defence was quite solid and the flow was quite good through-out the whole game. It was awesome to finally see Diarra, Higuain and van der Vaart on the field...

And, boy they didn't dissapoint! The best moment in the game when we've seen van der Vaart -> Pipita combo... The kid just can not score normal striker goals.. He just has to do something out of this world :o Show-off :rolleyes:

That episode was for all those people who said van der Vaart wasn't good enough for Madrid and to those who said that Higuain isn't one of the Top 5 strikers in the world. Simply amazing...

P.s. I hope that some people will eat their words that Kameni isn't good enough for the Top 4 in England or for Barcelona. Very, VERY underrated keeper.[/quote']

I agree, totally agree...

So, Sergio Canales has officially joined Real Madrid. He signed a 6-years contract with Real that will start during the summer. He will still be playing for Racing for the rest of this remaning season though. It's not confirmed yet if he will be staying at Racing on loan from Real next season too, I think it would be good for him to stay at Racing on loan from Real for atleast 2 years to see how he develops, plus he will be getting much playing time which I can't see him getting now due to the fact that he plays on the same position as Kaka and VdV and I pretty much doubt he will be benching them - for now!

So' date=' Sergio Canales has officially joined Real Madrid. He signed a 6-years contract with Real that will start during the summer. He will still be playing for Racing for the rest of this remaning season though. It's not confirmed yet if he will be staying at Racing on loan from Real next season too, I think it would be good for him to stay at Racing on loan from Real for atleast 2 years to see how he develops, plus he will be getting much playing time which I can't see him getting now due to the fact that he plays on the same position as Kaka and VdV and I pretty much doubt he will be benching them - for now![/quote']

I agree, a Garay-Type move would be best for Madrid and Canales.

Not bad, not bad, even though I still think that now he became a bit over-hyped. He's still a great and talented youngster who can make it big, so we shall see.

Totally agree with both of you about the loan part as right now he's definitely not going to get into the starting XI (probably next season as well) and young players need to play in order to develop. Since he's very young, I probably even wouldn't mind a 2.5 year long (not necessarily to Racing) just so he could develop and not be pressured every single day (we all seen what happened to Drenthe after some pressure from the fans.).

1506.jpg

Well, I guess, some things just don't change and it doesn't matter whether you spent 200m or not :o

There's still Bernabeu leg, so we shall see, but hopefully, van der Vaart will get his chances again and Higuain will get back to normal, because something happened to him and that's really, really bad...

1506.jpg

Well' date=' I guess, some things just don't change and it doesn't matter whether you spent 200m or not :o

There's still Bernabeu leg, so we shall see, but hopefully, van der Vaart will get his chances again and Higuain will get back to normal, because something happened to him and that's [i']really, really bad...[/i]

I already knew this was coming. l'OL faced Real both in the season of 05/06 and the season 06/07 (both at home), and they won both matches. I especially was really impressed by Lyon in the game of the 05/06 where they won 3-0. Unfornately for Lyon, and happy for you, is that those days are over now for Lyon. They aren't as good as they used to be even though they've got some quality players.

Well, I'm not saying that it was very unexpected. In fact, it could have been much worse and fairly happy 1-0. Furthermore, I don't think anyone said that they don't have any chances to advance? As I've said before in UEFA CL thread, Lyon is bad opponent to Madrid and never said Madrid will go to next round for sure...

However, I still think that Madrid should finally get rid of this jinx and go through :)

And Tiesto... ;) I'm sure everything is going just fine for you and your clubs as well ;)

Why do we lost?

1. Marcelo: He is definitely not a Left Back, he gave too much opportunities to Govou and if it was not for luck, the result would ended up with 2 or 3 goals.

2. Mahamadou Diarra: He disappeared from the game, he had either to destroy Lyon's attacks or create some plays, he didn't do that.

I think what we needed was a pure CM, like Guti. It seemed like no one was controling the midfield.

The lineup i think we needed:

4-2-3-1

Casillas

Ramos Garay Albiol Arbeloa

Lass X.Alonso

CR9 Kaka Benzema/Marcelo

Higuain

ps: what a game by Chelito Delgado :P

• 2 weeks later...

Yet again Pellegrini was shown why van der Vaart has to play - he created 2 goals (should've been 3) and almost scored another in just 15 minutes of play. This is what was missed again Lyon - creativity.

Higuain also came back to his own self today and bagged 2 superb goals (and almost had one of the best hattricks I've seen).

To be honest, it's probably the first time when I can say that everyone performed good or better. Garay/Albiol duo was amazing and they clearly were one of the stars of the show. Marcelo/Ramos also played quite well on their flanks (even though Marcelo should definitely be moved out of that LB spot...). Diarra was our industrious machine as usual while Xabi made those exquite passes of his (he had a much better game today than his usually does at RM). Kaka wasn't all that good, but he took his goal well and showed flashes of brilliance. Cristiano was great and it's really nice to see when he actually plays a team football. Granero probably was the worst of the bunch today, but he still played OK.

Few decisive weeks incoming now ;)

P.s. I really do feel bad about Tenerife - they've played VERY well and got such an unfair result. Furthermore, it kind of discourages teams to play a beautiful football and encourages to use tactics like basques use....

Yet again Pellegrini was shown why van der Vaart has to play - he created 2 goals (should've been 3) and almost scored another in just 15 minutes of play. This is what was missed again Lyon - creativity.

Higuain also came back to his own self today and bagged 2 superb goals (and almost had one of the best hattricks I've seen).

To be honest' date=' it's probably the first time when I can say that everyone performed good or better. Garay/Albiol duo was amazing and they clearly were one of the stars of the show. Marcelo/Ramos also played quite well on their flanks (even though Marcelo should definitely be moved out of that LB spot...). Diarra was our industrious machine as usual while Xabi made those exquite passes of his (he had a much better game today than his usually does at RM). Kaka wasn't all that good, but he took his goal well and showed flashes of brilliance. Cristiano was great and it's really nice to see when he actually plays a team football. Granero probably was the worst of the bunch today, but he still played OK.

Few decisive weeks incoming now ;)

P.s. I really do feel bad about Tenerife - they've played VERY well and got such an unfair result. Furthermore, it kind of discourages teams to play a beautiful football and encourages to use tactics like basques use....[/quote']

Yeah, Tenerife played great and deserved more goals but Casillas stood in the way - as always. But Tenerife's goal shouldn't have been allowed, Casillas had it in his hands.

And about the Lyon match where Real lost. I thought they lack creativity (as you said) + they didn't use the flanks so well. I mean, Real tried to attack through the middle and that is almost impossible against Lyon. Real should have really used the flanks better and atttack more from there. We saw they did it against Villareal the week after and it turned out to be great - 6-2.

Yeah' date=' Tenerife played great and deserved more goals but Casillas stood in the way - as always. But Tenerife's goal shouldn't have been allowed, Casillas had it in his hands.

And about the Lyon match where Real lost. I thought they lack creativity (as you said) + they didn't use the flanks so well. I mean, Real tried to attack through the middle and that is almost impossible against Lyon. Real should have really used the flanks better and atttack more from there. We saw they did it against Villareal the week after and it turned out to be great - 6-2.[/quote']

Totally agreed. Casillas already had the ball when it was headed out of his hands, so the goal shouldn't have stood. I really do hope that Tenerife would stay up and continue what they are doing as I really have a lot of sympathies for them.

I would also agree about flanks - if Marcelo would've played on the wing and Arbeloa as a LB, it may have a completely different story. However, I do believe in Pellegrini and I'm sure he'll make a good selection and great tactics this time ;)

Totally agreed. Casillas already had the ball when it was headed out of his hands' date=' so the goal shouldn't have stood. I really do hope that Tenerife would stay up and continue what they are doing as I really have a lot of sympathies for them.

I would also agree about flanks - if Marcelo would've played on the wing and Arbeloa as a LB, it may have a completely different story. However, I do believe in Pellegrini and I'm sure he'll make a good selection and great tactics this time ;)[/quote']

I also think VdV needs to start against Lyon. Look at the way he use his creativivty against the La Liga teams, and he also have European routine, which Granero dosen't have a lot of. Granero is good, but sometimes he just disappeares during the match (especially during the 2nd half), I think VdV could simply do a better job than him on the field.

I also think VdV needs to start against Lyon. Look at the way he use his creativivty against the La Liga teams' date=' and he also have European routine, which Granero dosen't have a lot of. Granero is good, but sometimes he just disappeares during the match (especially during the 2nd half), I think VdV could simply do a better job than him on the field.[/quote']

Again, spot on, but I've said that like a year ago. Rafael almost always performs superbly, but most of people in Real management just don't realize that and Pellegrini is pretty much the 1st one who recognized him... Granero is great and he can perform superbly, but he still has lots of things to learn and he doesn't deal with pressure that good, so van der Vaart has to play. To be honest, I'd take him over Kaka now any day and that's saying a lot. He HAS to play..

Big test today. Real got to show that they are capable of beating strong teams with this squad. They've lost to Milan, drawed against them, lost to Lyon, lost to Sevilla, lost to Barca. But they've won over Valencia... I'm sure they will beat Sevilla today. Hope we also get to see VdV over Granero.

btw, Real is celebrating it's 108 anniverisy

Of what?

Btw' date=' I haven't really watched any La Liga games for ages, but would Jesus Navas fit in RM's system?[/quote']

http://www.svenskafans.com/spanien/artikel.asp?id=344688

I would say yes earlier this but they've seemed to change their tactics abit so Ronaldo is right behind Higuain and Ronaldo can move everywhere he wants, Kaka position is the same as ronaldo but he is on the left side of them. Real practically plays something like 4-3-2-1 or something in those lines with Higuain upfront and Ronaldo and Kaka behind.