hello everyone;

I joined SM a few weeks back, and I have found that it is an excellent game. About two weeks ago I went on the chat service and started to talking to some people, i then found that i was banned, and after sending a ticket, i realised that i was banned for spamming when i did no such thing, and the only reason i was banned was that i was trying to join in and have fun, but Nathan Kirby banned me for some banter when all his friends were doing worse and not getting any punishments for it.

When i joined SM i new it was an excellent game, but is is obvious that some people don't want me in the "community".

I was just getting my grievences out the way, and i still think that SM is an awesome game.

PS: i am sory if this is posted in the wrong section

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hello everyone; I joined SM a few weeks back, and I have found that it is an excellent game. About two weeks ago I went on the chat service and started to talking to some people, i then found

Re: Insulted For a start there isnt any of this rubbish everyones saying about the mods being harsh and unfair, but if you were there day to day, you'll find out they do a pretty good job. and i am

Re: Insulted

hello everyone;

I joined SM a few weeks back' date=' and I have found that it is an excellent game. About two weeks ago I went on the chat service and started to talking to some people, i then found that i was banned, and after sending a ticket, i realised that i was banned for spamming when i did no such thing, and the only reason i was banned was that i was trying to join in and have fun, but Nathan Kirby banned me for some banter when all his friends were doing worse and not getting any punishments for it.

When i joined SM i new it was an excellent game, but is is obvious that some people don't want me in the "community".

I was just getting my grievences out the way, and i still think that SM is an awesome game.

PS: i am sory if this is posted in the wrong section[/quote']

I was there when you were banned so can try and add to what you've said ;)

You were given a last warning because of spam and maybe swearing (can't remember swearing, but definitely spam)

You weren't banned by Nathan :) I remember you went to say "wow" but mis-typed and say wo, then w after.

Tom thought you were about to spam again and so was a little quick to ban :o

hello everyone;

I joined SM a few weeks back' date=' and I have found that it is an excellent game. About two weeks ago I went on the chat service and started to talking to some people, i then found that i was banned, and after sending a ticket, i realised that i was banned for spamming when i did no such thing, and the only reason i was banned was that i was trying to join in and have fun, but Nathan Kirby banned me for some banter when all his friends were doing worse and not getting any punishments for it.

If you were on a final warning then you must have done something wrong. Regardless, I feel that you shouldn't have been banned and for SM to keep the ban when all you did for the ban was say wo-w is pretty harsh.

Guest melbguy1

Oliver your right, I been on chat only a minimal amount of times and what goes on there is ridiculous. I have seen certain group of chatters say ridiculous and rude things including swearing, which is fine by me, but then someone else jumps in and does the same and gets banned. So mate, I believe your story.. chatroom mods definatly need a reshuffle imo.

Although the forum also has mods that have double-standards it is not as bad and definalty a better place anyway.

hello everyone;

First off i did not ban you so dont jump to conclusions ;)

it was tom.

Second we wernt doing anything tell me what we were doing oh wait nothing but moderating trying to dig ur self out of a hole.

thirdley you were on your way to a ban any way tom was a little quick but i did kick u and warn u and u were a little arigont so i reckon u woul of been banned any way.

The same thing has happened to me ages ago.Loads of people kept putting in smiley faces and the mod at the time said Daniel(me) you are winning and i said winning what and then I was booted from the chatroom and then I went back in and I asked why I was kicked and then I was banned for a few months and it made me not go onto the chatroom.

Guest melbguy1

The same thing has happened to me ages ago.Loads of people kept putting in smiley faces and the mod at the time said Daniel(me) you are winning and i said winning what and then I was booted from the chatroom and then I went back in and I asked why I was kicked and then I was banned for a few months and it made me not go onto the chatroom.

I beleive that story too

Oliver your right' date=' I been on chat only a minimal amount of times and what goes on there is ridiculous. I have seen certain group of chatters say ridiculous and rude things including swearing, which is fine by me, but then someone else jumps in and does the same and gets banned. So mate, I believe your story.. chatroom mods definatly need a reshuffle imo.

Although the forum also has mods that have double-standards it is not as bad and definalty a better place anyway.[/quote']

If you've been on chat a minimal amount of times, what puts you in a position to judge?

So ok, we've made our mistakes, but then again, who hasn't?

Also, if you could tell us exactly what we do wrong, this would be appreciated.

As for yourself Oliver, I'll ask around and see if there is a way to get you unbanned. ;)

Oliver your right' date=' I been on chat only a minimal amount of times and what goes on there is ridiculous. I have seen certain group of chatters say ridiculous and rude things including swearing, which is fine by me, but then someone else jumps in and does the same and gets banned. So mate, I believe your story.. chatroom mods definatly need a reshuffle imo.

Although the forum also has mods that have double-standards it is not as bad and definalty a better place anyway.[/quote']

Melburg dont talk if ya dont no facts. we do out job the best we can but when we have people like u cristersising us i doas not help. We mod farley we are not byest at all and as if people do not swer on forum.

If u came on chat more ud find out were a good bunch and do our jobs but u dont ur going to judge us a few entreys. Forum mods chat mods try there hardist so how about we make u chat mod and see how hard it is when we have people like urslef going agaisnt us for no reason.

Melburg dont talk if ya dont no facts. we do out job the best we can but when we have people like u cristersising us i doas not help. We mod farley we are not byest at all and as if people do not swer on forum.

If u came on chat more ud find out were a good bunch and do our jobs but u dont ur going to judge us a few entreys. Forum mods chat mods try there hardist so how about we make u chat mod and see how hard it is when we have people like urslef going agaisnt us for no reason.

SM Moderators now Nath. :P:o

Tbh, if you think we are fairer to some than the others then maybe you should go and ask our "friends". They can tell you they've been kicked/banned before, we don't mind who it is... if we see it we take action.

Now if you can't see action being taken it doesn't necessarily mean none has are there are others way than telling the whole of chat :rolleyes:

Guest melbguy1

Nathan Kraby, I know what I saw and it wasn't just once. And the reason why I dont frequent chat is because of the shannaigans that go on in there. All of it down to the Mods.

I don't know who are the mods there, all I know is that 'some mods' there are childish and ban people that simply disgree with them or their friends. You can say what you want, but it happens, I have SEEN IT and I'm sure if you do a search on the forum this isn't the first time this topic has come up.

So no mate, I ain't going against you or any chat mods for no reason. I voiced my opinion as I have read his story before on the forum and I just saw forumers that have 'blue names' respond pretty mcuh shooting his story down... as usual.

Nathan Kraby' date=' I know what I saw and it wasn't just once. And the reason why I dont frequent chat is because of the shannaigans that go on in there. [b']All of it down to the Mods.[/b]

I don't know who are the mods there, all I know is that 'some mods' there are childish and ban people that simply disgree with them or their friends. You can say what you want, but it happens, I have SEEN IT and I'm sure if you do a search on the forum this isn't the first time this topic has come up.

So no mate, I ain't going against you or any chat mods for no reason. I voiced my opinion as I have read his story before on the forum and I just saw forumers that have 'blue names' respond pretty mcuh shooting his story down... as usual.

I see what your getting at but when was this? We had a fantastic reputation a couple of months ago and one person complains and they all jump on the bandwagon.

Nathan Kraby' date=' I know what I saw and it wasn't just once. And the reason why I dont frequent chat is because of the shannaigans that go on in there. All of it down to the Mods.

So no mate, I ain't going against you or any chat mods for no reason. I voiced my opinion as I have read his story before on the forum and I just saw forumers that have 'blue names' respond pretty mcuh shooting his story down... as usual.[/quote']

By chance, were you drunk at the time? :rolleyes: (I probably was. :o )

If you have a complain about us, see it through with SM, don't leave it to rot, then bring it all up on a thread.

SM Moderators (Think I'm coming to terms with this :D ) do our best to keep the customers happy, and with this kind of opinion we obviously aren't valued for the work we put in.

Think a little more clearly about how you would cope if you were in our situation, It's not as easy as it looks, I assure you.

Nathan Kraby' date=' I know what I saw and it wasn't just once. And the reason why I dont frequent chat is because of the shannaigans that go on in there. All of it down to the Mods.

So no mate, I ain't going against you or any chat mods for no reason. I voiced my opinion as I have read his story before on the forum and I just saw forumers that have 'blue names' respond pretty mcuh shooting his story down... as usual.[/quote']

sorry mel burg but u might of seen wrong. My names kirby spell it right .

You might of saw it but doas that go agaisnt all of chat NO. If i new about it id sort it but chat isnt as bad as u say . Well mate maybe we have a good reason to shoot his story down. if i was there i make sure im not byest if i was id step down or ask who ever was been to step down. Who was it. tell us who was been byest give us details. Or u gunna make up a story about summert like u would.

Guest melbguy1

sorry dumburg but u might of seen wrong. My names kirby spell it right idiot.

You might of saw it but doas that go agaisnt all of chat NO. If i new about it id sort it but chat isnt as bad as u say and i deffo woudnt trust ur opion u seem the most byest guy about chat and forum ever do u think im stupid or summert. Well mate maybe we have a good reason to shoot his story down and might have a goo reason to shoot ur post down its alood of rubbish if i was there i make sure im not byest if i was id step down or ask who ever was been to step down. Who was it. tell us who was been byest give us details. Or u gunna make up a story about summert like u would.

do i really need to say anything else?

As for the rest of the posts, I think I have had to say what I wanted to about this matter. Like I said, I'm not naming names and am stating what I saw on more then 1 occasion, and although on the inside I will maintain my stance on the outside I will say:

"Chat is fantastic and the mods do a fantastic job"

To the original poster, you should send a ticket to SM regarding the circumstances and they will look into whether it would be correct to lift your ban.

I think the SM Moderators generally do a good job. I don't have statistics on how many people come and go on chat in a day/week/month but I know the complaints on here are infrequent.

As for the rest of the posts' date=' I think I have had to say what I wanted to about this matter. Like I said, I'm not naming names and am stating what I saw on more then 1 occasion, and although on the inside I will maintain my stance on the outside I will say:

[b']"Chat is fantastic and the mods do a fantastic job"

[/b]

I dont expect u to say whats in bold but i think chat should get a little bit ofo respect the job we do is big and maybe u dont realsise it. People make misstakes but i doubt any one was byest.

As for the rest of the posts' date=' I think I have had to say what I wanted to about this matter. Like I said, I'm not naming names and am stating what I saw on more then 1 occasion, and although on the inside I will maintain my stance on the outside I will say:

"Chat is fantastic and the mods do a fantastic job"[/quote']

I'm actually interested now in what you "Witnessed"

Still I Know myself the Chatroom still has high standards it's people who think their above it that thinks it's below standards.

"Chat is fantastic and the mods do a fantastic job"[/quote']

He's one mod mate, one mod who's pretty peeved off, like the rest of us really.

Now that there are SM Moderators who were well known forumers before getting their positions, maybe things will change, eh?

Because the ones from chat obviously don't do a good enough job, and are therefore a liability. :rolleyes:

Note the sarcasm, btw.

We all do our best to maintain a happy room, and sometimes I feel we aren't wanted.

To the original poster' date=' you should send a ticket to SM regarding the circumstances and they will look into whether it would be correct to lift your ban.

I think the SM Moderators generally do a good job. I don't have statistics on how many people come and go on chat in a day/week/month but I know the complaints on here are infrequent.[/quote']

Also Teb, he has already spoken to support, what would come after that?

Would it be best to still talk to support again, with a link to this thread; or should one of us have a word with an SM Dev?

I don't know who are the mods there, all I know is that 'some mods' there are [b']childish and ban people that simply disgree with them or their friends.[/b] You can say what you want, but it happens, I have SEEN IT and I'm sure if you do a search on the forum this isn't the first time this topic has come up.

For a start there isnt any of this rubbish everyones saying about the mods being harsh and unfair, but if you were there day to day, you'll find out they do a pretty good job. and i am not being a suckup here, its just the truth.

The bits i have made bold are the ones that have particularly interested me, i am in chat nearly every day, and we all have a nice chat, and since i have been there, there hasnt been a banning that wasn't deserved. (Exept Mattios, but thats a different story)

I mean no offence to anyone by this post, but all i'm asking is to resolve the hatrid between Chatters and Forumers. This is meant to be a community, which shouldn't be split in half.

Cheers

tom1up

Maybe this thread should not have been started but, also it should NOT have continued.

These things are maybe better by PM and not for ALL to see, most forums would not have the Mods posting (slightly heated) replies to members, as a Mod, you are supposed to rise above this, whether right or wrong.

The original poster should not be saying Mod 'x' banned me either.

Widdy

For a start there isnt any of this rubbish everyones saying about the mods being harsh and unfair' date=' but if you were there day to day, you'll find out they do a pretty good job. and i am not being a suckup here, its just the truth.

The bits i have made bold are the ones that have particularly interested me, i am in chat nearly every day, and we all have a nice chat, and since i have been there, there hasnt been a banning that wasn't deserved. (Exept Mattios, but thats a different story)

I mean no offence to anyone by this post, but all i'm asking is to resolve the hatrid between Chatters and Forumers. This is meant to be a community, which shouldn't be split in half.

Cheers

tom1up[/quote']

I'm expecting a post from one of the supervisors, to say they agree with this. :D

Excellent post mate. ;)

I am finding this all VERY funny!!

Kicking for no reason or not a good reason never goes on does it?:rolleyes:

But I am being too outspoken as I have only been on chat recently or not enough to comment on it and my opinion doesn't count because of this, Like Melbguy?:rolleyes:

It needs monitoring....Maybe thats why the "SM Moderators" have now been put in place?