Overview page.

Overview page.  

1. 1.

• It's great. I love it. Big improvement.
    • Not bothered. I like it about the same as the old one.
    • Aaaargghhh! It's far to cluttered! What's going on?!

I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks the 'club overview' page in its current state is, to put it nicely, horrible.

The club messages are unbelievably hard to read, the adverts are now spread all over the page, instead of being bunched up in the same corner - which worked perfectly - and I'm now forced to click on a tab to see my transfers in and out.

The whole point of the overview page is so I can look at everything without clicking. I don't see the need in being told TWICE that my home shirt is blue, and my away shirt is white. Beside the fact it's not really relevant, I remember from the last 30 times I logged on today. :)

I say this with all the love in the world, give me my previous overview page back. :(

Re: Overview page.

I must also agree that I am not sure if I like the idea of new overview page. I like the previous one better from the reason described by capsLOCK. Can we have the option whether we can use the new one or the old one (like the tactics page)?

The overview page is very cluttered. I have a proper computer with Firefox and a laptop with Internet Explorer. With Firefox, adverts are blocked, so it looks slightly better, but on IE, its almost unbearable. With the new page, it has information on:

Colour of shirts (twice)

Real life info of your next opponents

Club messages

SM Details

Transfers In and Out

Some of this stuff we dont need.

The transfers have been put on a new page havent they?

I never look at last fixture/next fixture.

I think there should be a feature like on social networking sites such as Myspace, Facebook where in the title bar theres a little minimise sign, where if you press it, the block of information is hidden. Its hard to explain, but hpefully someone out there understands.

The overview page is very cluttered. I have a proper computer with Firefox and a laptop with Internet Explorer. With Firefox' date=' adverts are blocked, so it looks slightly better, but on IE, its almost unbearable. With the new page, it has information on:

Colour of shirts (twice)

Real life info of your next opponents

Club messages

SM Details

Transfers In and Out

Some of this stuff we dont need.

The transfers have been put on a new page havent they?

I never look at last fixture/next fixture.

I think there should be a feature like on social networking sites such as Myspace, Facebook where in the title bar theres a little minimise sign, where if you press it, the block of information is hidden. Its hard to explain, but hpefully someone out there understands.[/quote']

Well, for me, Last fixture, next fixture is useful because I always use this. But Real life info of your next opponent is not very useful because we only want to know SM details of the next opponent. So may be that part could be taken out. Just my opinion :)

Well' date=' for me, Last fixture, next fixture is useful because I always use this. But Real life info of your next opponent is not very useful because we only want to know SM details of the next opponent. So may be that part could be taken out. Just my opinion :)[/quote']

My routine when i go on SM is go on overview, then messgaes, then schedule. Thats how I get onto last fixture. And to get to next fixture, just use the schedule page again. As I said, different people use different things, so a way to customise your own page would be good. An example of what I described in my last post is the BBC homepage. Each little bit can be moved about or minimised. So, if youre not interested in Children's , you can minimise it, and if youre interested in Sports and Iplayer, they can be moved to the top.

New Club Overview Page

Yes, I am aware a thread on this has been started already, however I've started this one as I think the matter really deserves a poll.

I share the opinion already voiced on the other thread that the new format is much more cluttered and less user friendly than prior to the change.

Maybe there are reasons that I am unaware of that have meant SM needed to condense things.

Anyway. Your thoughts please.

Re: New Club Overview Page

I don't like it really. The thing that annoys me most is the "Last 5 Messages" thing. That used to be great; clear and simple. Now it's all compressed, with about 5 words a line, making it near impossible to read properly and/or easily.

It gets the thumbs down from me I'm afraid. I don't see what was wrong with the old one.

I don't like it really. The thing that annoys me most is the "Last 5 Messages" thing. That used to be great; clear and simple. Now it's all compressed' date=' with about 5 words a line, making it near impossible to read properly and/or easily. [/quote']

I agree with this, but it doesn't bother me as I have never found the Overview particularly worthwhile in the first place as it is not customisable and never shows what I am looking for 9/10.

I love the new club overview page! :D

It shows your next fixture' date=' last fixture, the competitions you are in... It will just take a little getting used to but I can say that I like the new layout:o[/quote']

THe old overview page also used to show next fixture, last fixture. I still think I am having a difficult time navigating through the overview page. As someone has already pointed out, it's also VERY difficult to read the last 5 message. I want the old one back or we should have an option to choose between the old one and the new one (if not customizable yet).

I think it's cos of the adverts which take up major space. Methinks the old one was great.

While I'm on it, I also wanna say that some info is quite useless. I don't really care whether Bayern Munich was founded in 1900, neither do I need to know the jersey colours. I prefer the old times where the schedule and league table pages showed the club's crest rather than the jersey. Cos like a lot of teams have the same jersey colour and it's not really identifying nor representative of the team. (A quick check of my schedule turns out 8 white jerseys)

I love the new club overview page! :D

It shows your next fixture' date=' last fixture, the competitions you are in... It will just take a little getting used to but I can say that I like the new layout:o[/quote']

What I get really cheesed about the "what comps you're in" is even after you've been knocked out of one of the cups, it still says you're participating!! That needs to be rethought, but kept. Apart from that everything needs to be reverted back to what it was IMO.

I agree mate, the messages on the overview page are horrible. What kind of size is this? I cant read and follow them exactly, awful. I'm using wide resolution but still unreadable. And also with those commercials.. Too much, I want back the older version of it!

I agree mate' date=' the messages on the overview page are horrible. What kind of size is this? I cant read and follow them exactly, awful. I'm using wide resolution but still unreadable. And also with those commercials.. Too much, I want back the older version of it![/quote']

This and changes to Squad page are not useful to us at all. Please bring the old ones back.

Oh! Stop moaning like old ladies and try and find the good things about the new layout! :D

It will just take a little getting used to that's all :)

Name one good thing about it? Bare in mind I don't care about the colour of my jerseys, and contrary to what the page tells me, I'm no longer competing in the cup OR the shield.

Okay, the 'FIND YOUR THAI BRIDE/LATINO GAYS' advert is easier to see now. I'll give you that.

Name one good thing about it? Bare in mind I don't care about the colour of my jerseys' date=' and contrary to what the page tells me, I'm no longer competing in the cup OR the shield.

Okay, the 'FIND YOUR THAI BRIDE/LATINO GAYS' advert is easier to see now. I'll give you that.[/quote']

I was generally asking YOU GUYS to see the bright side of it:rolleyes:

Complaining just makes it worse my friend :D

Thats the second change SM have made that I really dont like. The first was the 'physical' tab on the squad page.

Before I go into my tactics page I have a quick look at both my squad and my opponents squad to see the condition of my/their players, to see if any of the players are likely to miss the next game.

To check that now I have to either open up 2 new tabs or click on each individual player - not fun.

To get back on topic, I agree with almost everyone else, the new overview page is too cluttered. Quantity over quality hardly ever pays off Im afraid...

Shame :(